Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Orders on your bedside table. My wife is always, always, always has always been the case, trying to get me to be less cluttered. It used to be on the bedside table at least five to six books that I was reading, and she would go, Chris, clutter attracts clutter. Can we narrow it down? So now I'm allowed to Mummy, lets me have two books there. She can just about tolerate. Okay, she got There's no way she's say, because I said, I'm reading all of these, I'm reading all She goes actually actually said, she said to me once it can't be good for your head. She says, like too many open tabs. Have you seen my desktop? There's about seventy always open tabs. So yeah, I've got the now and now down to two books. There's also a stack of about twenty blank flash cards and a sharpie for any like ideas in the middle of the night and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No fears, like the kind of thing that you I feel like romantically you want to be having it.
Speaker 2: They do get used. But trouble is in the morning, I'm like, I can't understand the idea or the handwriting, because I'm trying to do it without turning the bedside light on. You ever tried writing in the dark. It's impossible.
Speaker 1: I've said, you're writing in the light and it's impossible to read.
Speaker 2: The other one is a little roll on a romantherapy thing. It's like this tiny little thing. You can roll it on your wrists and they rob together. Get a bed, Patsy, what's on your bedside table?
Speaker 3: I have got all my positive pregnancy tests on, you know, the pee on the stick thing. I just I just keep them because it was part of our journey and it just makes me feel thankful for having Audery each day.
Speaker 2: And I think, so it was on the on the bedside table or in the drawer.
Speaker 3: There's a couple in the drawer and Audrey's on the top of the Table's fourteen, so it's been there for fifteen. Let's just keep it there because it was just such a momentous like it. Yeah, she she is why I get up at two forty five each morning because I think she's She's everything. This is why I do it.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, but sure, but maybe have a photo over there a bit of Steale urine. I mean, yeah, I absolutely love my kids and they are the reason I get up, mainly to pay for university fees now and accommodation. But photos so much better than dried old urine. After smells a room, that's my peak.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's my bedside table.
Speaker 2: Rio said to Jack and I. Patsy has got a real curve one. What a surprise, And we got the against secret sound. It would have been running for years.
Speaker 3: That's not the worst of it. I also have a few of her baby teeth not.
Speaker 1: On display in the draw That's better than out and about. But still no comment.
Speaker 2: And all I'm saying is right if you broke into that, if that was the first one you broke into first of all, and then you open up a drawer to see if there's enjoying those teeth and get you guys, whoever.
Speaker 1: It is, it's a psych We're not safe.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, what have you got in your bedside tap?
Speaker 1: There is a lot more ordinary than that. Most of the real estate is taken up by the sea pat machine, which I.
Speaker 2: Need to live. And that has changed your life.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I swear by it. He said. The doctor told him that he needs one, I said, Huggy, do it. It will change your.
Speaker 2: H You think about how long he's been going on like that and all the problems that it can create.
Speaker 1: Changes you do not know. You just I wasn't getting a normal night sleep until you were dying. Yes, I was dying every night. Now that I sleep through the night properly, I've got so much more energy in the day. The other things I've got on there. I got one book, I only need one at a time. I've got the Alexa speaker. So she turns off the lights at night, and I know you could train it to you. Really, she turns off.
Speaker 2: That is so good, So how does you cut your hands?
Speaker 1: Just tell her I can turn off all the lights. Actually, what we say is I've got her program to run the bedtime routine. So excuse me, Alexa back, rub my French tickler, Alexa time for bed. And then she'll turn off all the lights except the bedside lamb. And then she'll play brown noise, which we sleep too.
Speaker 2: Oh, so I thought that was a make out mixtape or something. Is that Kendrick the Males song? I don't know what you're talking about that? So how do you how do you do that?
Speaker 1: You a program programmer in the Alexa app? So you say, which life?
Speaker 2: How she turned the lights out?
Speaker 1: You got to get smart bobs and I would actually, you know what, they're good and they're not good. They're great when they work. But every now and again she's like, oh, I can't find the living room, and it's like, check if the studio is attached to the WiFi.
Speaker 2: Oh god, don't tell me. You have to get out of your bed. You don't flick a light switch, Oh my god. Put this into a story one day. Every once in a while. Oh god, I'm gonna have one. Don't turn myself technology. Typical woman.
Speaker 1: When you're cozy in bed the last time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how the old people used to deal with this for centuries. I'd hate to live in a cave.
Speaker 1: The technology could be improved, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: A Christian O'Connell Show podcast