Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock, Happy Tuesday, Goals three.
Speaker 3: As it is every day when we come here three o'clock on the dot, we're a fishing. What happens if we're late?
Speaker 2: It's not three o'clock on the dot, we're.
Speaker 3: Ever actually light on the dot.
Speaker 4: Well, like an old watch, we try our best, like.
Speaker 1: A backup recording asking for a friend in case we don't make it in time for three o'clock.
Speaker 2: What plates I think? No, I'm here and I just have to feel until you guys get back.
Speaker 5: All right, Well we are here, guys. What do you think of my bracelet? It's very important. Tell me how much you love it? Oh it's beautiful?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Where did you guys?
Speaker 5: This was made for me by a young girl named Gazelle, who is currently at the Royal Children's Hospital. And the reason why I wanted to talk about this today is because it's a very very very important day today.
Speaker 3: It is Stylin Foundation's day.
Speaker 5: It is and if you're not familiar with Starlight Foundation, they are incredible. They are literally the happiest people on earth. They go into children's hospitals and they make the children in there who may be in there for a very very long time, have some of the most incredible memories. They do activities with them, they put.
Speaker 3: On shows for them. They just like there's sunshine.
Speaker 4: Personified and mind away from what they get to do.
Speaker 5: How when you think about these kids that are in hospital, who are missing out in their childhood because they're battling leukemia and cancer, and Gazelle is one of these kids. And today is the day that if you donate money, they will match it, so they will double it. Whatever you donate today to the Starlight Foundation gets doubled.
Speaker 3: So what an incredible.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it. If you've been thinking about making a donation, no matter how small or big, If you've only got a dollar or two, that adds up. If everyone does a dollar or two, that ads up totally. And I think so many of us take it for granted that we have. If you've got kids and they're healthy, like, think about it if it was your child that ended up in hospital, how much this could really help a family out of It happened so quickly.
Speaker 4: You know you're healthy one minute, the next you're there.
Speaker 1: So, hey, guys, I believe it or not, went out on the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not often a social butterfly.
Speaker 1: But I've realized something that everyone does that really grinds my gears. Like I hate this one thing that people are doing to me, and I used to be that person.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't even remember what it's like going out anymore. The dance grinding up on you.
Speaker 1: A lot of people do it. Yeah, a lot of people are guilty of it. I think you've experienced before, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Too, because I was there with you. So did I get it.
Speaker 3: Something that someone says.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk about it after the break because I just want you to think about it for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Got hit on a bar.
Speaker 4: That I didn't that come for me?
Speaker 3: Tell me you want to, I wouldn't do anything. But like, that's always It.
Speaker 2: Can't be the fact that I bought both your drinks. I can't be complaining about that.
Speaker 3: Why did you do that? Mitch? A friend fight?
Speaker 2: I love you, Let's go. It's Tuesday around Australia. Welcome pick up everyone high.
Speaker 1: So this happened to me on the weekend and I had this huge realization that this is probably want to go out because people make me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Mitch, you were and that's not a.
Speaker 1: Blanket, say you didn't go out on the weekend, though, there's a reason I went out on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Went to a party.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: I was there and Mitch was there.
Speaker 1: We went to It was a mutual friends party and it was a great night. But when I left, I had this really like awkward encounter with somebody that I don't know very well, like I know them through someone else that they were just at the party, to the point of like I'd never met them in person.
Speaker 3: I just knew them from.
Speaker 1: All an online acquaintance. I didn't even follow them online. Oh yeah, it just like knew them through people.
Speaker 3: How long did you get talking to this person for a little while?
Speaker 1: It was at the end anyway, when we were leaving, I went up and said goodbye to a lot of people, so I didn't just smoke brom and I said goodbye, and he was like, a hey, it's been so great to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to miss you. And I just looked at him and I was like, yeah, I'll see you around.
Speaker 1: And I was like weird that he said you you don't know me. Then he said okay, babe, love you and I said bye. So he told me he missed me and he loved me in like twenty seconds. Now I don't know this person. And then I was so awkward and uncomfortable, and I was like, why do people throw away these terms of I love you and I miss you? You know, when you run into someone and they're like, can't wait to catch up, You're like, you know we're never going to catch up.
Speaker 3: I think you're overthinking it a bit though.
Speaker 5: I love you, yeah, But people just throw it around as like a term of endearment kind of thing, like I love you, like he clearly doesn't love you. Sorry to break it to your breain why she thought maybe he did he doesn't love you, But no, it's the same.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what you just mentioned.
Speaker 5: It's when you run into an old sex, someone from school or someone who's from your past, and you go, oh my god, so good to see you. We should get coffee, and you both know you're never going to get coffee. It's just something you say to wrap up the conversation.
Speaker 3: I can't bring myself to say back if I don't mean it.
Speaker 4: But you don't have to. Just what he said it to me too, and I just said I love you, did you? Yeah? Of course I don't love him.
Speaker 3: You don't have to. You don't have to say it back.
Speaker 4: If someone says to you, I love you, you have to say it no, no, because yes you do.
Speaker 2: Because if it's in a relationship with a partner, it's different. But can I break it to you, girls, different levels of love exist. You know.
Speaker 4: I love the two of you. I also love my partner.
Speaker 2: I also love the girl that made me a killer and cat this morning at the cafe.
Speaker 3: You don't love her.
Speaker 1: I really I was dating someone before my current partner bent very briefly, and like three weeks into this very brief dating, he said to me in the back of the car and he said he looked at me and he said I love you. And I burst into laughter and I was because I wasn't expecting it, and I said, no, you don't.
Speaker 3: He's like, yes I do. I said no, no, you don't.
Speaker 1: We ended up having a back and forth and I was like, you can't possibly love and I refused to say it back. I cannot return I love you if I don't love you.
Speaker 4: You guys are old school? Can I tell you?
Speaker 2: Like jen Z the young ones, the Zillennials, you just throw it around the world is better when when you love you're sorry, it's just.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 4: I say it.
Speaker 1: No, I say it to people I know, like I'm like, okay, love you, love you, love you, Keith things bye, I say it like that. But this was different. And you saw at me, he goes, Okay, I love you. I miss I'll miss you.
Speaker 3: You know. It was a real moment.
Speaker 2: This is so rich coming from The Girls, whose podcast tagline is we love love.
Speaker 3: We love real love. We don't love fake love.
Speaker 4: Wow, created equal?
Speaker 3: Not all love is created equal.
Speaker 4: T look me in the eyes and tell me you love me.
Speaker 3: But I do love you. I love you. That's not awkward for me because that's the truth. I love you. Guys.
Speaker 5: Also, I mean, I do think it's it's just a bit overbearing. I do think a lot of people throw it around. They don't mean it. Would I be as what I have an existential crisis over it? Probably not, but I felt very uncomfortable. Yeah, well so you said nothing and you just walked away.
Speaker 1: We had this really awkward moment where he looked at me to say it back, and I was like, okay, fine, and he was like, I saw it was awkward.
Speaker 2: He said to me because we left together, said to me in the stairwell, he said, I loved you like can you believe it? I said, yeah, he said it to me too.
Speaker 5: I didn't get it, as in, you didn't get why she was so weird it out by it?
Speaker 3: Why do well?
Speaker 1: Okay, Mitch, let's let's put this to the test. Why don't we get you to call someone and tell them you love them and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Who can he call but someone that it's not like a direct love in my life?
Speaker 3: Well, you can't call someone you love and say you love.
Speaker 4: Them, well, Saint Steven or my parents.
Speaker 3: You can call my husband tell him that you love him. You probably do love Matty J, though, do you? No, that's the problem.
Speaker 5: That's what's more awkward is that I actually think you do love him, and he will find that awkward.
Speaker 4: He'll probably love you badt.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: We talk a lot, but I've never said I love Yeah. Let me tell Matty J.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 2: That's every gay man's dream, and I'm about to do it live on the radio. Let's do it, Okay, I've got his number. I don't even need to get it from.
Speaker 4: You, Laura.
Speaker 3: That's because you love.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go to a break, produce a grace. Can you connect it all when we come back, Matty J, we love him. I'm declaring my love for Mattie J.
Speaker 4: I'm the pick up.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about throwing away the term I love you when I miss you to people that you do not love and you do not miss because I think the term I love love and I love telling people I love that I love them. But when you've met a strange or someone you don't know, when they say that they miss you when they love you, I just can't reciprocate it.
Speaker 5: But it just thinks that I love you is are being thrown around a bit to willy nilly these days.
Speaker 3: Oh they are. There's such a it's such a frivolous word.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: I live a long, happy life.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I love you to randoms I meet because it's fun to just give love.
Speaker 5: But also, like I just don't think people don't take it that seriously. It's like when you ask someone how they are and everyone just says I'm good.
Speaker 3: Like no one actually says.
Speaker 4: Well, actually I yes, no I am.
Speaker 5: But when you go to a cafe and you get a coffee in the morning and they say like, oh, you're having a good day that they don't expect you to go, no, it's been horrible, and like here's my therapy session.
Speaker 3: They expect you to say, yeah, good. There's just like pleasant trees that we exchange along the way of why.
Speaker 1: And I love you and miss you? Isn't a pleasant tree? You bestole a pot from the person that makes your coffee. Okay, so we've told we've said that Midge Mitch's pro throwing the love term around.
Speaker 3: So I said, you're gonna call Manny j Laura's.
Speaker 5: Husband, because because the reason for this is is that I love you makes some people feel awkward.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to call it now.
Speaker 1: I think if you call Mandye Jane jell him you love him, I think it's going to be reciprocated. I think he'll say back, what do you think, Laura? Yeah, I kind of do as well.
Speaker 4: To be honest, let's call Mattie J. You guys have to be quiet, man.
Speaker 6: Hi, Matt's influence of Hotline. How can I help you?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 6: How are you good? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 4: Hey, Sorry, I know you're busy. I'll be quick.
Speaker 2: I have a joke that I need your opinion on. I don't know if it's it needs a bit of tweaking. It's just for the radio show, okay, so it's it could be dumb. I just need your thoughts. Elton John was asked if he wanted a side of letters with his steak.
Speaker 4: Right. He was at a restaurant and they went, do you want let us with your steak? Elton right? He said, no, thanks, I'm a rocket man.
Speaker 6: Good right, very good, very good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that all right? I'm going to submit it. It's like it's I got to do it on air, and I just want to say it. Word all right, thanks man, all right'll let you go.
Speaker 4: I love you. That's it? Yeah man, easy, okay, all right, love you, love you buddy. I love you, Mat Okay.
Speaker 5: You need to call him back, and I need more from this because he knows you said I love you.
Speaker 1: See that is how I felt. That is how I felt. That's how I call him back.
Speaker 4: That little.
Speaker 3: He said, your joke was good though. It was very funny.
Speaker 4: It was funny. I was chucking so much. Hell you miss said goodbye? They and I said, goodbye, love you hung up?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I heard that I I chose, I chose to ignore that.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you chose to ignore that?
Speaker 6: Well, I just I didn't want to make it awkward and say thanks, so I just hung up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry to spoil this, but you just say it back. You just say love you too.
Speaker 6: Uh. I don't like obviously we've been friends for a little while, but I just feel like when the time is right for us, we'll both know. And I felt like it would have been rushing it if fast to say it just once.
Speaker 4: A bachelor, always a bachelor. You know you gave that lines of so many women on TV. Does not work with me, buddy.
Speaker 6: Look, really, I'm really happy with how our relationship has been progressing. But I just feel like if I was to say it back to you right now, it would be disingenuous and I don't want to be that person. But look, let's just see how things go and we can just.
Speaker 4: We can just touch You are a tone coat? Do you not love me at all? Not even as a friend, Matt.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be pressured in.
Speaker 4: You're on the backup.
Speaker 1: I cannot say thank you enough because this whole thing came about because I said people say I love you too easily, and Mitch was convinced that you just say it back.
Speaker 3: And I said, if you don't mean it, you can't say it. And you so just prove my point.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful as the wife of this man right here, I'm so grateful that you don't throw it around Willy Milly.
Speaker 3: Now it means more when you say it.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to screw your husband.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 4: My husband.
Speaker 6: This is actually the ninth time that Mitch has made this phone call and had this exact conversation, so.
Speaker 3: It's so funny.
Speaker 1: People don't just want to look. Mandy j would rather have hung up on you than he.
Speaker 4: Heard it and hung up and then called back and doubled down.
Speaker 2: He committed, yeah, thanks, mattah, I love you.
Speaker 6: I love you you.
Speaker 3: Look it was to me.
Speaker 5: All right, coming up, there is an absolute pandemic that is sweeping Melbourne and mums of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: You need to know about this because it's a real problem.
Speaker 4: All right, We'll get to that next of the pick up.
Speaker 3: Love you love you, Mitch, Bye, Mitch c the ominous music.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've got it ready, always prepared.
Speaker 5: There is a pandemic that is sweeping Melbourne right now, and it is something that mothers should be very very friend of father's as well.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure more mums will care right now, like, oh this sounds so bad.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Sickixty percent of children will be affected by their.
Speaker 3: And they are super in their powers, are super in their powers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually trying to work it out.
Speaker 3: I don't even want the answer. I want to work it out.
Speaker 5: These blood sucking creepy Crawley, I've got vampires are coming for your children in a school.
Speaker 4: In a daycare right now. It's getting scary, all.
Speaker 3: The guys.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent of children in Melbourne are going to have nits. Oh no, because there is a super There is a breed of super knits that are taking over Australia and they are so hard to get rid of.
Speaker 3: They do not respond to normal knit treatment. Remember what this was like when we were kids.
Speaker 5: I have so many memories of sitting in my mum's kitchen on the floor and she would have one of those stupid like those combs, those little metal combs.
Speaker 3: It's a nit comb, a nick come.
Speaker 2: You couldn't see through the crack. The little prongs were so close together.
Speaker 3: But it was an electric one, so it would buzz them as it pulled them out.
Speaker 1: This Oh, I didn't have that one. MYNAE was mainstream, like no buzzing. But can I tell you, I am traumatized from the moment.
Speaker 3: I had nits. I the first time I got them.
Speaker 1: I was probably in year one, and I'll never forget that. I was going for my first proper haircut at a hairdressers that afternoon, and I remember I told everyone at school like, I'm getting my hair done, blah blah blah blah. I get to the hairdressers and I sit in the chair. She puts the cape on me, and then she goes to touch my hair and I see her.
Speaker 3: Like recoil in the mirror.
Speaker 4: She was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: She put her hands up and she goes, I can't touch your daughter to my mom and my mom was like what and she goes, She's got nitch.
Speaker 3: She's infected. And I have been so embarrassed in that moment.
Speaker 1: They took the cape off and I had to leave, and then I had to go home get my knit treatment, and then everyone at school the other the next day was like, why.
Speaker 3: Didn't you get your hair done? That's humily And I had to say, because.
Speaker 2: I hadnits, I can still smell it. The smell of eucalyptus to this day gives me PTSD.
Speaker 5: Is that what you is that what you remember like from the nit tree. I don't remember the smell of their I just t that was it. It was trool, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Cove your hair?
Speaker 2: Your Mumma'd comb it and then my mum would get the glad out the super mega you know, the big role of you, and I couldn't think of the word and she'd wrap my head around.
Speaker 4: I'd sit there watching Nickelodeon while.
Speaker 3: You didn't even have that, Georgia.
Speaker 5: But I think there's a lot of misconceptions though, right because a lot of kids think that you get knits because you're dirty, like and that's why other kids get it. But really they're just attracted to kids that have clean hair, but really really thick hair.
Speaker 3: You miss this while you're away in the gig, while you're away in the jungle.
Speaker 5: I brought a public service announcement to all of the parents of Australia. I help them get buttons out of, you know, noses, little noses that could maybe get like an object trapped up them. I also taught the parents of Australia had a cycle wind out of their children, I think, which was like such a willing participant in this It wasn't you have been such an incredible like the child dummy.
Speaker 4: I would I did not offer my body up for science.
Speaker 5: And I think that now we owe another public service announcement, and we do. We owe this to the Australian public, and that is Mitch Tomorrow, I'm going to show everyone on the show how to get nits out of their hair.
Speaker 3: And that's by using you should we make this.
Speaker 1: Actually accurate, scientifically accurate and put nits in his hair first?
Speaker 3: We can go to that length. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter, Actually it doesn't matter how Mitch feels because it's happening on tomorrow show.
Speaker 4: You guys know this is a job, right, like there's a hr.
Speaker 3: You paid well for this. You can't complain.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting knits, I'm not getting infested.
Speaker 5: With We're not going to actually infest you. We're just going to pretend. We'll put pretend it's in there. Anyway that's coming up on tomorrow show, is that what.
Speaker 4: We're doing on Wednesday. You guys said, we'll tell you after the show.
Speaker 1: MITCHI your head and Gladra, Mitch. We'll come up with a better name for a person. Isn't it just Mitt?
Speaker 3: Admit Mitch, Mitt aunt better in my head?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: We need to talk after because I'm not. I don't know if I'm keen on this.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's go to Will. You don't have a choice, Mitch to show. We're going to dmit you, delight you.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. That sound like a golden retriever.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's many techniques.
Speaker 5: We want to make sure people are using the most effective one against these super lice. Anyway, coming up next, what are the boys go on the show?
Speaker 2: Will and Woody are back on the air. They'll be on next and we are done. We'll see you all tomorrow. You've gotta be able to smell me through the radio tomorrow, everyone, so apologies in advance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you miss the show and you want to listen to it all on the pickup, you can go to wherever you listen to you podcast, it's the Pickup radio show.
Speaker 3: You can get it all there, all right,