Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm brand I'm Mitch, and this is our radio show. So if you guys aren't familiar, every single week we are on Kiss Network. We do a radio show from ten am and to midday with our beautiful co host Mitch Churi.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give some insights. Can I actually select pull the curtain?
Speaker 5: Oni?
Speaker 4: What is it called break the fourth curtain?
Speaker 1: I haven't heard the other one pull the curtain back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Break the fourth wall?
Speaker 2: Isn't that an acting thing where you go from being in your acting zone?
Speaker 4: The fourth wall is the wall between the audience and the stage, so you're like looking through to be like this is real.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I've never been on a stage. So you tell the story. What do you want to bring all I.
Speaker 4: Want to say is that before the show every day, you guys are so cute. Britt text me and she's like, Hi, I'm at the fridge, come meet Mede and Laura Burn. She's smuggling cans of cokeing to a denim jacket.
Speaker 2: By every single morning that we get in to do this radio show, I come in and I steal a pie.
Speaker 4: Every day, two pies last week, the.
Speaker 1: Sausage rolls, pies coats. But I'm every week I'm like, hey, Mitch, you want to pire a sausage roll. I met the drinks fridge just like I don't actually work here. I just go and hang out a drinks fred.
Speaker 2: It's like, I feel like this is probably confusing for people. We record the intro. We record this whole thing out in Marcory Park at the Kiss Radio station, Whereas normally, if you're somebody who listens to our Tuesday and our Thursday episode, that is done in Brittany's quiet, calm, little cute.
Speaker 3: Bedroom, second bedroom. That's where everything else goes down.
Speaker 2: But anyway, on today's show, we have Samantha Jade, who is currently on The Australian Apprentice.
Speaker 1: It's so good, right, I just really want to know how they earn, why they make that much money.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do the Celebrity Apprentice because I don't know anybody.
Speaker 4: Have you been approached? Have you guys been asked?
Speaker 2: Oh, look one time there was like whispers, but it was so we were so far down the list of potential celebrities, like, I think the answer is no. It would have It would have meant that three quarters of the world had to have gotten COVID and then they were like, Okay, Lauren Bretty, you're aut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've dieded O. I don't know if maybe they don't think we know people.
Speaker 3: We don't know people. I mean, you know, if you more people, one.
Speaker 4: Who would be the biggest celebrity in both your contacts.
Speaker 3: Matthew Johnson, Laura Ben Oh, no, I guess might be Rebel.
Speaker 4: But Russell Crowe Rebel, Yeah, Russells want speed.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if you called.
Speaker 2: Rebel Wilson and you were on Celebrity Apprentice, do you think she'd actually help you or would she just be like, Britt, you've really stretched the friendship you.
Speaker 1: No, she would help me for sure, and then off cameras she'd be like bro stretch of friendship. Yeah, Rebel's very generous. She's I mean, we know how much she's donated to different charities around the world and to theater and stuff like that. She would one hundred percent be involved in that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, guys, we also are talking about Britt had an interesting encounter with an Uber driver and I wanted to bring up something that I saw in the Facebook group with which I think some of you were gonna laugh at. Somebody in our Facebook group made a post about whether it is or isn't okay to put dog poo in somebody else's being out on the street, and we.
Speaker 3: Had a lot of feelings about this.
Speaker 1: Well, we wanted to put it out to the public just to see what the general.
Speaker 4: Grublets.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that is it, guys, Please enjoy the show, keep all the questions and everything sliding into the Life Uncut podcast, DM's Life on Cut Podcasts on Instagram.
Speaker 3: The Life on Cut Radio, and Laura Burn.
Speaker 4: I believe you've got your little feathers in a flurry, Laura Bird.
Speaker 3: No, there was something that came up.
Speaker 2: So we we have a Facebook discussion group for the podcast for.
Speaker 3: Life on Cut.
Speaker 2: It's called Life on cut discussion group if you want to get on there. But every so often there's some really deeper, meaningful conversations that I had, there's some spicy conversations.
Speaker 4: It's a great group to be and I will say it is the discussions real.
Speaker 3: Well, this one was real for all the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: So somebody wrote it and I was Firstly, I was amazed by how many comments this story received over one hundred comments.
Speaker 3: But the story itself was this. I just wanted to have a winge after.
Speaker 2: Someone put their dog poo in my empty bin, which is currently soaking in vinegar, which had maggots in it, and now I have to fish out somebody else's poop?
Speaker 3: Is this really a thing?
Speaker 2: I don't own a dog, so I'm not sure what the etiquette is for dog pooh. Now, the reason why I felt like I needed to speak to this is because I have a dog. Britt, you have a dog, and so if you're taking Delilah for a walk and she does her business on the sidewalk, do you pick it up and put it in whichever bin is closest to you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I have put so many poops in so many but the whoa, yeah, don't come from case. Sorry, I got yes. If July was walking, I always pick a poo up and I will put it in a bin, but I don't go into someone's property to do it. I will walk until I find a bin on the side of the road that has rubbish in it. Then I'll suddenly look around, and I'll put.
Speaker 3: The looking around because it's a taboo thing to do.
Speaker 1: I'm only looking around this week since the thread.
Speaker 3: So this morning there's.
Speaker 4: People like me and they're dressing gown at their front door looking to see if anyone puts dog poo in their bins like I do.
Speaker 1: I could not care less if somebody was walking past and had a pool in and if it was a dog poo not a human poop in their bag, and they put it in my bin on the side of the road, I could not care less because I would rather that in the bin than someone leaving that on the side of the road.
Speaker 3: I have a question, what if that person doesn't tie the bag up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: So, I mean that's there's etiquette for sure. There's using someone else's bin etiquette, and that is you tie the bag up and you don't pick a poo up. Rogue with your bare never just hold your.
Speaker 4: Little kvoodle over the bin and shit in the bin.
Speaker 7: I just like spray it around the place.
Speaker 1: I know you contain the poop, Laura, you put the contained poop in the bit.
Speaker 3: I am with you, and I was shook.
Speaker 2: The reason why I wanted to talk about this was because we are the minority. And let me tell you this, the amount of people that were writing on this post were saying that it is absolutely disrespectful to use somebody else's big This was rubbish. This was coming out from dog owners. This was coming from non dog dog owners. But what I also wanted to say is that we go a step further in our household. We sneak out at nighttime and we put out.
Speaker 4: You're one of those families late night bandits with a hoodie on.
Speaker 3: We put our extra rubbish in our neighbor's bin.
Speaker 1: No, that's cooked. No, see that is cooked. You're not allowed to do that because bin space is scarce.
Speaker 3: It's a prime real estate in this And.
Speaker 4: You said, made j out in a hoodie and sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Only on midnight, only if it's bin night and people's stuff is out.
Speaker 4: I believe, all right, we need to go to the masses. We're a radio show. Let's put the call out. Thirteen one oh sixty five will settle it once and for all. What's like a fair amount you could take? Like like five five core five?
Speaker 3: Whoever is the majority wins?
Speaker 2: If you guys think that we are going against what has been I want to know about it, okay.
Speaker 4: Thirteen one oh sixty five joined the vote. See, we had the election last week. No one cares about that. This is the real democracy here at the Life on Cut radio show. Thirteen one o sixty five. Can you use other people's bins.
Speaker 3: For dog poop, for dog poop or for your own personal just for the democracy poop calls?
Speaker 4: Thirteen We've taking five calls and we're going to see and we'll finally rule this once and for all. Is it okay or is it not? Cassie, first vote? Where do you stand on this?
Speaker 8: I am a yay, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: That's one Cassie. Do you have a dog? Is what I want to know.
Speaker 5: I have a dog and a cat.
Speaker 3: Yes, your cat's poops going there too.
Speaker 5: The cat poo's do and they're more than a dog poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just check it in the neighbor's But it's fine, Thank you, Cassie.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Natalie. Hi, Natalie, where do you stand on the matter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hi, My neighbor actually leave his bins out on the road every day.
Speaker 8: So we decided to put our old seafood scraps from What Good Friday in the you savvy?
Speaker 3: Even I think that's bad, but I like it, So I'm going to say you're a yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's and seafood stinks.
Speaker 2: Usually you put your seafood in a freezer for a while and then you pull it out on midnight and put it in your bin.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we've got two.
Speaker 9: We're just thoughting up.
Speaker 5: We're going to get.
Speaker 1: Him, and you showed him.
Speaker 4: Honey. Let's have braunze tonight to screw over Dave next door.
Speaker 3: Cassie, I'm glad I'm not your neighbor.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's got a Milli on thirteen one o sixty five? Hello Millie? Where do you stand on the matter putting dog food in your neighbor's bin? Can you do it?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Not moral?
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: I just feel like it's totally unethical.
Speaker 3: Like why un strong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, he can't.
Speaker 1: So what do you okay, question, what do you do with your poop? To say there is no bin in any like there's one bin at your neighbor's beIN, then there's nothing for a kilometer. Do you carry that poop with you?
Speaker 5: It's a total anxiety hole Carrot, I love you Milli.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mitch is in full support.
Speaker 3: If you don't worry.
Speaker 4: I agree. You swing that thing around like it's a good accessory. I'm walking down. It's not very popular with it. Yeah, all right, So where we stand right now is the nose have one? The yeses? Have two yes.
Speaker 3: It's strong on the yes front thus far.
Speaker 4: Tie We'll see Maddie on thirteen one oh six five. Where do you stand on the pooh matter?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, Yeah, look, to be honest, I've had someone.
Speaker 5: Called a big stinking.
Speaker 2: Fat pooh bagapoo in my bin and it's absolutely stunk it out.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 5: Also, they didn't tie up the bin.
Speaker 4: The bin.
Speaker 6: It's made everywhere.
Speaker 9: It was just yeah, it was awful.
Speaker 6: So I have a big fat no on.
Speaker 8: That one.
Speaker 4: Tiebreaker. Thank you, Maddie. All right, so this is the last one, ladies. If this is a yes, then you guys can carry on dump and dog poos in people's bins and if it's no, you've got to stop it immediately. Let's go to Ben on thirteen one oh six five to end at Hello, Ben, where do you stand on the matter?
Speaker 5: Look, you know, look, if the bins are out on the street, it's fear game.
Speaker 3: We win.
Speaker 2: It's all hinged on you and now we can continue our terrible being etiquette throughout the weeks.
Speaker 6: Why they're out there, you know, it's not like you know what, what are you going to put more stuff in them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you can't sneak onto someone's property, is what we're saying. But you can't if they're out in the syl.
Speaker 1: It's not there's not the bin that they've gone into the sink, it's not breaking in touch.
Speaker 4: They're red or yellow right? Never the green bin though? Can we a ground that ever green?
Speaker 3: Why would you put it in the yello yellow?
Speaker 4: You animals have no rules?
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to make sure it's not recyclable.
Speaker 2: Twenty two Your Saturday Morning for the last Radio Bread Hockley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 4: Ladies, are we loving Celebrity Apprentice this season?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: You know who I love? I love Sammy J.
Speaker 4: Oh we love Sammy. J just so happened. She's here on the phone. Coincidence.
Speaker 5: Ahi, guys, are you going?
Speaker 3: We're good Sammy?
Speaker 2: And now I want to know, what do you think is harder getting up in front of hundreds and thousands of people and singing or going on a reality TV show?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, hands down a reality TV show, right, But that's because.
Speaker 1: That's something that Laura and I will never get a chance. We sound like dying cats. So you're gonna have to feel as what was so hard about it?
Speaker 5: I think, you know, singing is my comfort, Like that's what I've always done, That's what I've always known, and I love it, you know. So there's like there's such a beautiful feeling when I come off stage. You'll go on stage, but with this show, I was just literally nervous the whole time. Like I was nervous when I was doing the tasks. I was nervous in the boardroom. And I think because you don't know what they're going to throw at you, and you've put yourself up for it, so you have to just go for your life with whatever they give you.
Speaker 1: We heard that you had a bit of a difficult time getting along with Beck from Married First Sight.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was Willain Woody who told us, so, yeah, let's throw and Woody under it. You know, good friends of ours, Will and Woody. They told us some little secrets from the show. But no, we hoped had a bit of a difficult time. Is that is the truth to that? And do we see some spicy fights?
Speaker 1: Go?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, No, I actually didn't. I did get along with Beck. I don't think we had any run ins. There's I wish that you had seen something coming up because I think that may that may have to do with that. But I you know, I did get along with her. I definitely did. But both from Perth, so we knew, like you know, a lot of the same people and places and things like that.
Speaker 1: Well that's intriguing and I feel like you've just dangled a carrot in front of us.
Speaker 2: It's very mysterious, right, there was there anyone in the show that you found particularly difficult to get along with?
Speaker 1: We won't tell Will and Woody If it's Will and.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I love them. That's they're probably the easiest to get along with. You know what. It's it's interesting because you kind of get along with everyone. Of course in the cocktail party moment, and you know, obviously when after someone's been fired and we're all hanging out, because those are just like normal life moments where you'd be at a bar or you'd be hanging out. It's working in a task with people that you see different sides come out. And obviously it's a competition, and some people play the game very differently, you know, so I think in that respect a gamble and I probably clashed.
Speaker 1: A little bit. So when you're talking about I just got a feeling like that was a bachelot. You're at the cocktail parties, you're having drinks. Is there the option or like, do you think that any love affairs could spark in that environment like it? Or are you doing so against each other? Like do you think if there are a couple of good luck and single birds on there, that you guys might.
Speaker 3: Brittany, this is not a dating show.
Speaker 1: I know what goes down If you guys get all this downtime and you're drinking cocktails, who knows.
Speaker 5: Listen, we don't get that much downtime. It's kind of at the end of every episode that you know, someone gets fired and then we go into that room that you see is kind of in and then that's like the nice time because everyone's like, oh gosh, we just like didn't get fired all of us, so yay, But I know, I don't reckoon there's any time for love affairs. It's literally the most work I've ever done on something like this, Like it's crazy, hours are insane?
Speaker 2: Do you okay, Well, you've got to put in all the hours and I know obviously you raise such great money for charity by doing.
Speaker 3: It, But do you also get paid well to do the show?
Speaker 2: Because some reality TV shows paid bloody terribly.
Speaker 5: Do they all really.
Speaker 9: Listen?
Speaker 5: I think they they did? Okay, there they did, Okay there, Okay, there was.
Speaker 3: A motivating factor.
Speaker 1: Lord, we won't dig into that. But the show does require you. You rely on donations and like, let's be realized from celebrity contacts, who is the most famous person you called this season? Or who is the most famous person you have in your phone? Maybe they didn't pick up.
Speaker 5: I've been asked this so many times because actually that is what they ask you. So you know, when you kind of like sign on to do the show and then you've got you kind of get your own producer and they call you and and that was one of the first questions, like who's the most famous person in your phone. I was like, that is such a strange thing. I've never thought about that, and so then I was like, oh my gosh, and now I need to think about that. And so I was kind of going through and trying to find famous people. I don't know. I feel like maybe I said yesterday Danny Minogue, maybe because she like, oh my god, Danny Minogue. I love her so much and have been such a fan, and now she's in my phone. And she was so kind to me because I texted her and I was like, I'm about to do this show and like I'm freaking out, and she was like, get your little worker boots on.
Speaker 8: Girl.
Speaker 5: It's a hard show because I think she might have done it in the UK or something.
Speaker 1: Do you have a hard time asking for money? Because I would struggle to call up someone and be like, hey, I remember me, can you spot me one hundred g It's yes, that is.
Speaker 5: What I struggled with the most. I really struggled there, and that you know, we really had to push ourselves because it's called like a black book task where you have to go into your black book and yeah, I found it really really hard, but I think that's the same. And Grace, you're not asking, you know, so you can buy a new lu Biton bag like you're asking, so that you can, you know, get help and ultimately give this money to people who need it for charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, while we've got you said we can, we have ten grand please. You're from our black foot.
Speaker 1: We just called you five Charity five.
Speaker 3: You're the most famous person we have in our phone.
Speaker 4: Well, she said, yes, Hey, Sammy, stick around because we're going to play a life on cut fave. It's head lies or headlines. We've got a whole bunch of headlines that have been written about you. We've found them online. Some are real, some are fake, and it's your job to determine whether or not wear lying through the skin of our teeth or they're true.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, okay. Head lies.
Speaker 2: So head lies is where we're going to read out to you, Samantha, some of the things that have been written in the news about you, and this is your opportunity to tell us whether it is a great, big, dirty lie or the truth behind the story.
Speaker 3: You know, you can get it off your chest. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: It's what confessional.
Speaker 5: I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 2: Alan Sugar calls Samantha Jade a hot mess in a new trailer for Celebrity Apprentice Australia. Now, is this a headline or a headline.
Speaker 5: That is not true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you describe yourself as a hot mess?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I'd call myself a hot mess sometimes, especially if I'm like, you know, flustered. But no, that was that was not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Samantha Jade is set to hit the stage at the twenty thirty three Brisbane Olympics, where she'll perform a remix of Nicki Webster's Strawberry Kisses?
Speaker 2: Where did that.
Speaker 1: Are you remixing? How would you even remix Strawberry Kisses?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't touch that classic. I let Nicki do that.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm doing Mango Kisses.
Speaker 2: I mean it was a bit of a banger from its time, wasn't it. I would like to see you give it another go.
Speaker 5: Remember the little butterfly clips she had no hair? I loved that film clip.
Speaker 1: I used to put one hundred butterfly clips in my hair every day for school. But that's another.
Speaker 3: Certainly another story, all right.
Speaker 2: Ex Sony Music executive Pat Handland plots a comeback with Kyle Sandlan's and Samantha Jade.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god. I honestly, I do not know where they pull these things.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that. I mean, you know, we're pretty in with Kyle, so they don't keep any secrets here from us.
Speaker 5: Love Kyle, but there's no plotting and no come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Something that a lot of people might not know is that Kyl sand Lenz has a he has a music label.
Speaker 1: Kyle Sandalans has everything.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Man has his finger in every single pie in the bakery and.
Speaker 3: A very extensive downstairs.
Speaker 1: He's such a he's such an entrepreneur. Anyway, this isn't about Kyle's about you, Samantha Day.
Speaker 4: Samantha Jadamitt's life on cut radio show, his favorite radio show in the world. That's what I've got to help.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: You hear first. Oh, we love it all right, Sammy. You can catch up on Samantha Jay Get nine now or watch The Celebrity Apprentice. It's a sensational season. We hope you go really fast out. We all were talking in the songs, but we have a feeling you'll be really good this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I think you're gonna kill it.
Speaker 3: We love loving watching the show.
Speaker 5: Well, that's fun show. I'm loving watching it too. I'm like, when did that happen?
Speaker 4: What great to have you on. We'll catch up sooner, right, Thanks Amy, This is the Life on card Radio show and Laura Ben I believe you had an awkward moment in an uber.
Speaker 1: I have many awkward moments, but I was in an uber and it's really got me thinking. I was in a number a few days ago and I was going to a job and I had to learn a script for it and I didn't have much time. So you know, when you get in an uber and you don't feel like talking, You just want to head down, you don't want to engage.
Speaker 2: It's hard though, because sometimes you know, well, sometimes they do want to talk.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I'm happy to but this wasn't one of those times. And read the room, read the car like I was not giving anything anyway. He's trying to engage me in conversation, but I'm engaging back, but to the point where I'm still trying to do my job.
Speaker 4: Are your back seat?
Speaker 1: Back seat always good joy? Never get in the front seat of an uber. It's like a number one rule. I thought that was standard. He says, do you like Europe?
Speaker 3: Everyone likes Europe.
Speaker 1: I was like yeah. A while he goes, what do you love about Europe? And I was like, oh, the different foods and cultures and the sunshine. And he's like, what about architecture. I said, oh, yeah, I don't mind architecture. He said, well, funny, you you should say that.
Speaker 7: Should He pulled out a whole plastic sleeve of physical printouts of sheets of architecture through Europe, and now they had YouTube links were blinks.
Speaker 2: He was giving you a tourist like, he was literally giving you a tour. You just weren't in the right country.
Speaker 1: And then he gave me the sheets and made me go through them and circle. He gave me a pen, He made me a circle, and he gave me all his homework and talked to me about Europe. And then he said, I really hope to get you again soon, and I'll ask you about that video. I want you to go home and watch it. And now I can now I did not, and now I can never get an uber again because what if I get in.
Speaker 4: His uber and he's going to give you a pop quiz and.
Speaker 1: He asked me about the YouTube. I'm gonna have to make it up.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 2: It's funny because when you're in an uber and you had those sorts of exploit, I mean, that's a very very extreme experience, but you're a captured audience.
Speaker 3: You can't go anywhere five once.
Speaker 2: And this is going back quite a while ago when I was I had just had Marley and I needed to get an uber and I had to hire one that had a baby seat. So the gentleman came and he brought the baby seat. It was all very very great, and that's a very nerve wracking thing when you've just had a baby to get into an uber. And I remember getting in the car and he started asking me a lot of questions about my birthing experience.
Speaker 3: I told him, oh, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually get the opportunity to have a natural birth. I was induced.
Speaker 3: And then he asked me, oh, were you dilated or.
Speaker 4: Did you on I was like, where we go? You know some men, that's a that's a kink. Some men are turned on by pregnant women and there's a whole corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just gave him content for a solid week.
Speaker 4: Laura, Ah, I get is men going, Oh I got a missus and I just got yeah.
Speaker 3: For the kids. You're like, he is a beautiful man.
Speaker 4: No, I get too scared. So we want to ask the question thirteen one I sixty five. What's the worst unsolicited advice an uber driver has ever given?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 4: The best could have changed your life?
Speaker 1: True? The architecture definitely did not. In the video, I panic said it was going to give me a virus and he was going to steal away information.
Speaker 4: Can you beat that? Thirteen one or six five? Olivia on thirteen one I six five? What happened to you in the backseat of an Uber?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 8: Guys, Well, one time I got into an uber and he did the crush. He was like, Hi, how are you going? Where You're off to you tonight? And I was on my way to fake out with my ex boyfriend and I was so stressed and I was like, I'm breaking out with my oh with my boyfriend, and he was like, oh my god. And then he kind of coached me through it. He was like, you know, you're like you're still young, like you've got such a great life ahead of you. And then he was like, I'm sure you really care about him, but this is probably for the best. And then I just kind of took those words and used it, Oh, this is.
Speaker 3: The best uber driver ever. He should have charged extra for that tip.
Speaker 1: Yes, I reckon, And he just thought, you know what, he took you under his wing.
Speaker 4: And maybe he doesn't and he thought this was his chance.
Speaker 1: And also, what is it? What is it about us when an uber driver and attacked driver when they ask you something, it's like you're compelled to tell the truth. Like you didn't have to say you were going to break up with your boyfriend. You can say I'm going out with some friends. But you're like, I just feel like I need to be so honest with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know you owe them honestly, don't you.
Speaker 2: Well, we won't have to unsolicited advice. But this is even better. I think the things that you uber driver do that you love.
Speaker 4: And was the clean break up lift? Did it work well? Was the advice good?
Speaker 8: N Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was a solid Thank you, Olivia. All right, let's go to Harrison on thirteen one or six five, Hello Harrison, what unsolicited advice has an Uber driver given you?
Speaker 9: I'm okay. Well, it was on my way home from a night out and I basically was like, hey, would you mind going by a McDonald And he was fine with it, but then after he kind of just kind of a bit mean and was like, hey, like, you know, if he ever want any exercise tips, like, you know, I can help you out. I'm also a pete. I don't need any of this.
Speaker 1: Oh god, why do I need exercise? You gibs?
Speaker 3: You got fat shamed in an Uber? Is this what you're saying?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 6: What is?
Speaker 1: I don't know? I did he Did the conversation continue because maybe he was just trying to get some extra pete on the side, or did you feel like he was shaming you peed McDonald's on a night out.
Speaker 9: I think he genuinely just wanted some more business from me. But at that point I just put my head zhones on my ears and it was kind of done with it.
Speaker 2: And that's a one star Uber review. Yeah, one star that man.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Harrison. Let's say no, Kira. I'm thirteen one or six five, Hey, Kira, what's your unsolicited uber advice?
Speaker 6: Hi? So, I was in an uber after a night out and the uber driver just started chatting and he was like, oh, you know, are you married? And I was like, oh, no, I'm not in his Oh but you're in a relationship right And I'm like, oh, no, I'm not. And he was like, oh why not, and he's like, you need to marry someone soon.
Speaker 1: Come my man. Oh lucky I wasn't in that.
Speaker 4: Say oh, well, thank you, Kira. Awful horror stories right.
Speaker 2: Oh look, I think I think we're giving uber drivers a very bad rap on this segment. I think ninety nine point nine percent of them are amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh I've got a whole two in Europe.
Speaker 4: That's set for an next Europe trip.
Speaker 2: Ask Uncut, So, Ask Uncut is a segment that we do well, it's actually it's a whole podcast episode that we do where we answer all of the deep, dark and burning questions from our listeners. And this week we've had someone right in a very very interesting question and very relatable. I think, Hi, girls, I've had a bit of an interesting week up until recently. Politics was something that I didn't really think about or speak about with my friends or my partner. But with this last election, it was obviously a big part of the conversation. I realized that my partner of four years and I have very very different political views. We've had quite a few arguments in the last week and have gotten really heated, and now I don't really know where we go from here. Do you think it's possible and okay to have different political views to your partner or is this an indication that we are just on different paths?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: I reckon this.
Speaker 1: Comes up in a lot of relationships, and I don't think it comes up in the early days because it's not something you really think to talk about. I would like to say, in an ideal world, I don't think it matters if you morally want the same things. Overall, you're on the same paths, you're on the same journeys. But if one of you, for example, is like I'm going to go American here, if one of you is really pro Trump and one of you is like really pro Obama, who obviously have very very different ideas of how the world runs, I think that is a clash, and I don't think I could be with someone that was so if one was so far left and one was so far right. I don't think that works when it's extreme. But if you're a bit like, let's not let's put our differences to the side, but we both have the same level of respect, we want the same things, I think it's okay. So I think it's the level.
Speaker 2: I think it's a tricky one as well, because there are a lot of people who have different political views and they just don't talk about that stuff. You know, it depends on how invested you are. Like, if you're super passionate about climate change and that's something that really is like coren in line with your values, and your partner doesn't think it exists, then yeah, of course it's never going to work out because it's something you're going to clash on. But if this has just come up because it's election time and overall you're not someone who is that engaged with politics, which is what it sounds like, then I think, like, maybe this is just something that you're going to have to deal with every couple of years when the elections come up and you have to really talk about your feelings. But I don't think it's necessarily completely.
Speaker 3: A deal breaker.
Speaker 2: You don't have to just leave your relationship because you don't have the same political views. But you do have to respect each other's political views.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm going to disagree with you there. I don't think you have to respect each other political views. If somebody, if I was with someone that said climate change is not I'm not respecting it. I'm out. If I'm with someone it's like COVID, it's fake, I'm out. So it depends on the lift.
Speaker 2: Maybe not respect their views, but respect them. I think that there are very interesting ways that you can have these conversations without having it turned into a massive fight.
Speaker 4: That's what.
Speaker 1: I respect them enough to say goodbye, don't just walk out.
Speaker 4: Save yourself. The time I did this on my first date with my boyfriend, I asked him his views on religion. I asked him his political views and if you believed in aliens, and based on his answers, we're still together four years later.
Speaker 1: So you say yes to the aliens, yes to all.
Speaker 4: All right, we're done, ladies, We're done for today.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love doing these Saturday morning shows with you and also you, Brittany Hoffee.
Speaker 4: She was looking at me at the record show.
Speaker 2: I see britt every single day of the week, so I love it just as much. But we have an awesome episode coming up on Life on Cut this week. I mean today we interviewed Sammy, who is from Celebrity Apprentice, But this week we also interviewed Touria Pit. So we're having a great sit down Atteria. Now, so many of you I know would know Teria pit story. She was in a horrific bushfire when she was on one hundred klometer a marathon run and the bushfire took over. She was left with sixty nine percent burns to her entire body. She is just the most inspirational, resilient, incredible woman. She has written books, she has a podcast, she has two children, and she is now on Celebrity Apprentice and we had the absolute privilege of interviewing her for this week's show.
Speaker 1: She really is a force to be reckoned with. The woman is absolutely unstopping.
Speaker 4: Funny to an interview clips.
Speaker 1: She's charming, she's smart, she's funny, she's beautiful, she's she's absolutely everything. So that's coming up on Tuesday. So that is a Life Uncut podcast, and that is it today. Please don't forget to tell your mum, tell your dad, tell you, don't tell your friends, and share the love because.
Speaker 4: We love.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 2: Miss any of the life on Cut Radio show with Hockley and Laura Ben.
Speaker 4: Here it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio.