Speaker 1: Sydney for us, as Canberrans is virtually and out of suburb these days, until we had an ike here in Madua if we wanted, you know, a CD tower, Not that anyone.
Speaker 2: Wants one of those, but back in the day we did.
Speaker 1: You would drive up to one of the three I kids in Sydney and you get your you'd get your thing and you'd come back.
Speaker 3: I went on school excursions to Sydney all the.
Speaker 2: Time in high school camera life. It was the best time.
Speaker 1: Jose, you've moved here a few months ago from the other side of Australia, but you're no stranger to Sydney.
Speaker 2: You've been there from time to time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been there a few times. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This handsome blokey yours, is this his first time in the East?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The only time he did go to Sydney prior to this was when we moved here to go and pick up his cars.
Speaker 3: But that's it. He didn't like drive around. He picked up the cars and then got Yeah.
Speaker 4: The times you went there was that with Farmer Want's wife, Yeah, and then then to go and visit the girls who I was on farmer with. So it spent like a week there.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, but yeah a lot of So you had reason to come to Sydney. Yeah, not many people in Perth have reason.
Speaker 2: Except just to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, yeah, like a holiday.
Speaker 2: So what is just the norm to us?
Speaker 1: When you took him on the weekends his first visit to Sydney was he like, you know Dorothy in the Wizard.
Speaker 2: He was looking around like what anymore?
Speaker 3: Total? Yeah, that was pretty much what it was.
Speaker 1: Because Sydney's turning it on at the moment because they've got their lights show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vivid Vivid, which I complained about the other day for being having too many people. Was it a nightmare?
Speaker 3: A nightmare?
Speaker 4: And I completely forgot that it was on. So we went to Sydney for the four x four show, the Outdoor Show, which.
Speaker 3: Was at Sydney Olympic Parks.
Speaker 4: We were kind of out of the city a little bit, and then I was like, oh, well, it's your first time in Sydney, so let's go for dinner circular key, like on the harbor kind of thing. So I booked dinner for six fifteen and we were staying out of the city so not so there was no way we could walk in.
Speaker 3: So we decided to drive in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay rooking first rookie mistake.
Speaker 3: Decided to drive in.
Speaker 4: I think we left where we were at around five and I was like, we'll give us like an hour and fifteen minutes to at least try and find some parking.
Speaker 1: Oh you took your evil laugh Actually horrid we took.
Speaker 4: We were like, we don't go to Sydney very often. We'll just take the toll roads.
Speaker 3: We went in the tunnel and.
Speaker 4: Then the GPS stops working, and then we got out. We literally got out added thirty five minutes onto it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's not a tunnel for me to be there's all sorts of turn us in the tone.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It was like actually ridiculous. And then we ended up getting out and I was like, okay, drove closer to the city and I was like, oh my god, Vivid's on. I was like, there is no He was like, what's Vivid. I was like, no, we're never going to find like a car spot. We might we may as well canceled dinner. So I called up and I was like, can we just extend Like we're going to be a little bit late, Like is there a fifteen minute like gap that we can take and he was like, yep, no worries, Like we can hold your table until six forty five. So I was like, okay, Jared, you're just gonna have to drop me off.
Speaker 3: I got dropped off.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting at this dinner table for god knows how long by myself.
Speaker 2: Oh that would look and you've been stood up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the waitress came over to me multiple times, He's going, okay anything.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's coming, he's coming down.
Speaker 2: She's gone back into the of the kitchen and she's she's acting like this guy dropped her off but it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, so he ended up getting there.
Speaker 4: I think I sat down at the table too, by the way, going around by himself, trying to fight a park.
Speaker 3: Has never been to city before.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine lapping Sydney looking for a park. Vivid's on Sydney. You've over committed. They know the vibe extent, they can't manage it, but they do it anyway. And then we dropped this poor fellow from Perth in there with no to that the gate.
Speaker 1: And his missus goes, I'll hold the table, get out of there.
Speaker 4: I think The worst thing is he has a seventy six land cruiser, so it doesn't fit under no of the like he has to be in like a two point.
Speaker 2: Three meter you can't enter the car.
Speaker 3: No, none of them, all of them. One point nine was a land cruiser in Sydney.
Speaker 1: The guy from No. I'm surprised you saw him. I assume you saw him again, Like the story doesn't end and I never saw him again.
Speaker 2: That's the story. No laughing at.
Speaker 3: He's just called and being like, just get takeaway and maybe back off the street and get out of here.
Speaker 2: Beat back on the street. I'll beat you back in camera. I'm halfway home.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I was sitting there and I was like, the view is really great. You've got to get here, like a really great seat. And then anyway, he got there about i'd say half an hour after I'd been sitting there, and then he as soon as he got there, went to the toilet.
Speaker 3: And then the.
Speaker 4: Waitress comes up to me again while he's in the toilet and was like.
Speaker 2: The time he's just going on. She's back in the kitchen and just pretend he's here.
Speaker 1: This is the worst example of being stood up ever, said