Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. By now on the show. Then we're talking about a thing called nominative to terminism, a theory created by Carl Jung. I believe, And yeah, this is the only breakth of his show in town where you'll get a Carl Young reference. I know Fifi does a lot of Carl Young stuff, but I'm more of a freud man. It means name driven outcome, that your name will influence the choice you have on some subconscious level to the work you go into. The butcher Bob Chop stomach surgeon Christian I had as a child. His name was I swear to God this is true, Doctor Mark Slaughter. Oh, I mean that is a nominative to terminism. If that was a serial killer, it's the theory being pred no choice. You couldn't Bob Chops have no choice but to be a butcher.
Speaker 3: Your honor nominative.
Speaker 1: This has come from one of you seeing on TV in the UK earlier this week in the evening All the way in the UK this feature, which he's done a couple of years ago called nominative determinism. Is your job or it might be someone you know linked to the name, link to the job. The doctor has invented a new way to collect you're in the well, he hopes will save the NHS time and money, whilst also helping the environment. It's the brainchild of consultant urologist Nick Burns Cox, who was frustrated having to use at least three frustrated with his flipper tastes.
Speaker 3: A new way to collect. Yes, you just pissing a cup?
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no, he's obviously developed a new way burning. Obviously, sound of his name burning people? All right, let's get some calls now. Darrell, Darryl, Darrell, Drell, Okay and Darrell. Is that a mixture of two names together? That Drell. I've never heard that name before.
Speaker 4: Year, Hi morning, Christian, Pets and Jeff, here are you going do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We're great, We're great. Yeah, Darrell, what an amazing name.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to work in theater on a nurse and I used to work insider with a caveat surgeon and his name was mister harsh.
Speaker 1: Perf, we're talking about doctor Heart. Yeah, I've heard about here in Melbourne as well, Dr Spark, who is a consultant car dealersist that actually has treated several of heart listeners.
Speaker 3: Bits of people take him seriously.
Speaker 1: I would say I would be reassured because you're a heart guy by name and just action.
Speaker 3: He sounds a bit like a joker. I think i'd want someone with a someone that's taking a bit more seriously. Mister Hart, you think maybe he just stumbles into surgeon not at all.
Speaker 1: No, not doctor Heart. No, it's Okay's TV character as well. Listen, well said Darrell, this younger generation the respect from a man of science. Thank you.
Speaker 4: You have a great guy.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a great guy, doesn't matter, have a great guy and whatever you want to do, have a great day, have a great guy with a day, Have.
Speaker 3: A great guy, have a great guy.
Speaker 1: You no time for chit chat about that name? Is it a combination of Diane and Narel or Darryl?
Speaker 6: Maybe Darryl maybe, but it could have been is it going to be a girl or Laryl?
Speaker 3: We like it's a beautiful name.
Speaker 1: Can you get Darrell back walking? Just ask her again about a name. In the meantime, let's go to Conn. Good morning Conn, Good morning Christian, Good morning morning Conn. Welcome to the show. Thanks for joining us this morning. Now, Con, so, what do you know about someone whose name is related to their job?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it is me. I was a bus driver for twenty years. Wanted to get out. My wife said, oh, I just got a number off a truck. Game and call went for an interview, toot the job and the name of the company is Counschie's Theory and you're camm so.
Speaker 1: And I'm com wow, it was calling you. It's a signe. It's a very specific sign only for you can't.
Speaker 3: And you just got the number off the truck, off the side of a truck.
Speaker 1: Way to get How many of us can say that they're in a job now they've got the number off the side of the truck. I'm all for this. Who needs LinkedIn? Let's take it old school?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. Con All right, thanks you cool, have a good day, Thank you, Bye bye. We gold in narrail Yet, Darrell, are you going to beat Darrell? Is she back on yet? She having a good guy.
Speaker 6: Trying on the phone.
Speaker 1: She go off the phone from us. He's busy, isn't she?
Speaker 6: She's very busy there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Andy, good morning, I'm good Andy. Have you having a good week so far? So name related to job?
Speaker 7: Andy, Well, I've worked for a guy. His name is Rob Sewers. Then he was in charge of the sewer maintenance team.
Speaker 1: Best one so far. This is incredible, It's incredible. The name again, Andy, Rob Sewers.
Speaker 7: Yes, but it was the Portuguese spelling just like sewer. So he was in charge of the sewer maintenance team.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, that's right. I was once served by a waiter in a bar in Portugal whose name tag is spelled Jesus. Right, So I was like, yeah, I was, I'm tipping this guy. You just never know, you never knows. It's the second Coming. This is a real Jesus move to come back as Jesus. And how would I really treat Jesus slash Jesus. I see you, my savior, and I'm giving you a good tip as well.
Speaker 3: You don't want to get to the pearly well, actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I recognize she fooled me. Back down hell with you? You're not a Christian anyway. Nominative determinism. No, Durrell's back. Durrell, Yesdrell Yes, a lovely name. Isn't a mixture of Darryl and NoREL?
Speaker 5: No? No, my mum when she was younger because it was quite unwell, and I got named after her when she was in the role Children's I was named after her right when I went was in high school. She became She was a textiles teacher and she was actually the worst teacher I ever had.
Speaker 7: And the judging I know.
Speaker 1: So let's me somehow move further away from the truth. But how do you go from the rail to Drell.
Speaker 5: That's just what my mother called because she knew this lady when she was in the Royal Children, her best friend. She started her children the long period of time.
Speaker 1: She's going to start this. Yeah, now you mentioned I get all of it. It makes complete Saints hang up Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast Good Morning, It's to Christian O'Connell's show. We never leave a caller down. Procter Caitlin, who does speak the language of the Bogans, has called Darrell back. She's like a kind of Osland interpreter for Bogan's Osboe it's true.
Speaker 6: It makes complete sense. So what happened was her mother was in hospital when she was a kid. She met this other lady who was lovely and her name was Darrell, and she thought, God, I love that name, and that's why she named her daughter Darrell.
Speaker 1: Years later, what was his textiles lady?
Speaker 6: So years later she's in high school and she meets the Darrell she was named after, a textile teacher, and she.
Speaker 1: Was the odds incredible, that's.
Speaker 3: Amazing, incredible story.
Speaker 6: Sorry, right, yeah, so Darrell was a terrible textile stat but she met her.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's what she meant. But she was a terrible textile teacher. The woman she was named after, unfortunately not that great.
Speaker 1: Great work interpreter, all right, now back to names related to jobs. Thank you very much, Sarah. Christian had locksmith come out change all the locks in my house. His name was Ian Locke Christian. I worked for a popcorn manufacturer. The warehouse manager's surname is colonel, as in k E r n E. Oh, sorry k E r N E L. That's Craig and Cranburn Christian. Our manager in our electrical division is Phil Watts expelled as in what incredible. Yes, yes, Christian. I once worked with a zoo keeper called Tristan Bird. I hope he's in charge of the birdhouse. The averys Christian. My name is Clain. I had prostate cancer and lost full use of my man. Incredible for sharing the story. I met a doctor who literally changed my life. He point implant in his name, doctor Christopher Love.
Speaker 3: Oh wow he does.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. I'm glad everythink is okay, Clint, thank you for sharing that. Christian. In the in the mid nineties at Melbourne Water, the boss was called Tony Crapper.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, is that right?
Speaker 1: You had me on Tony Crapper.
Speaker 3: There's a couple actually at Melbourne Water.
Speaker 6: I remember one of their PR guys back in the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: His surname was Drinkwater. Yeah. Wasn't it only Drinkwater. I think it was the former CEO before it got sold off.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I think so Water need PR.
Speaker 1: I gave press releases from the water companies.
Speaker 3: I'm all, I get it. It's good. We need it. Like what else we do.
Speaker 1: PR works everywhere, it doesn't stop. There was an apprentice jockey in the eighties Christian Australia called a Prentice the f Pean's Catholic Church. A couple of years ago, I had a cardinal called Cardinal Sin. Oh, that's actually terrifying. That is actually terrifying. Peter. I've got to ask, how do you know this? You're in glen Iris there, how do you know about the goings on in the Philippines Catholic Church? Sir Christian. I have a friend is a doctor called doctor Payne. Christian Connell show podcast store your names related to jobs come pouring in. Leanne Banker. LeAnn Banker has listened to show right now. He used to work in a bank as a bank teller, Leanne bank. Of course, of course you had no choice. Christian. I used to work for Arnot's snack Food years ago. We had June Crisp work in there, and also Bruce Baker. Thank you very much, Meredith. Christian I used to work with a gastro enterrologist called Joshua. But oh, that's unfortunately, this is the third mention I've seen on text actually of the great work of mister sorry doctor Joshua. But Christian I had to go and see and was consulted by a brilliant, uonsious doctor brain. Christian, he was destined. One of you sent me a lit book about clinical neurology written by a lord brain, not a doctor, a lord brain. Many years ago, Christian, we had a plumber come out and his name was Dwayne Pipe. That's my favorite one of the mornings so far to Wayne Pipe.
Speaker 7: Let's leave it there. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast