Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So, yes, we are back in Lockdown number five. Yesterday, probably like everyone, you're all rushing around before it got to midnight, and to like Cinderella at the ball before we got to midnight. Everyone's trying to rush to do what they couldn't be doing over the next couple of days. So for me, in my house, it's all about our eldest daughter, Ruby turned seventeen on Saturday. I can't believe my daughter was act she's seventeen. If she's seventeen, that means she's she's seventeen.
Speaker 1: You do the math. She's always an adult. Oh don't say that. Break my heart. One year away from a stop it. Yeah, she keeps telling me that. Yesterday. I'm like, stop saying that. Stop saying.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we were going to be going out tonight for dinner, and she was going to be having a birthday party with her mates tomorronight on the evening because she couldn't do it last year because obviously lockdown. And then we're like, don't need to worry about that, because obviously a couple of weeks ago we were like, lockdowns are over. Haha, Sydney, you taste some of it now. I'm like, yeah, let's get back into it.
Speaker 1: We miss being lockdown. So yesterday Franky.
Speaker 2: Trying to move the restaurant book in so we could all go out with a boyfriend last night. And I thought, maybe it's a little surprised because she was really upset. Oh, it feels a bit rushed. It's not me same, it's not my birth They said, look, this is best we can do. Okay, you still have a good day Saturday. I know it's not the birthday you wanted, but that's the way the world right now. So Patsy, I hired a limousine. Ah, you're this day four hours notice right bringing around limousine companies. They're all booked out, five diving companies. Who is hiring limos on a Thursday night. I didn't know limo life was so popular. And also normally i'd get my wife out on this, but I wanted to be surprised for everybody. So I was about ten to seven, I said, the uber's here, the ubs here, and I saw the limo was out there, chatting to the driver and stuff like this. And I've never ever been in a limo in my life. So anyway, I said, the uber's here, and then they all started to come down and trips and DRAMs, my two daughters, my wife, and my daughter's boyfriend, and I said, this is all wait here, wait here, And they were like, what's going on? What's outside the door? I think they could sense from me, you know, you just want to win. And I was like, and then.
Speaker 1: Ruby goes, oh, what's out there? Is it some sort of stupid gift. It's not a puppy, is it. You've already got too many animals? No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: And I opened the door and we all go out there, and the girls loved it. Oh my god, if you guys ever been a limo, it is so much fun you have. Oh. We got in the limo right, and then we drove about half hour trip to go to the restaurant. Were working in the botanical gardens, and my wife loved it. The daughters loved it, and the boyfriend as well. It was great fun in there, right, We're playing music and something this. Then my wife goes, why don't we wind down the windows and wave to people.
Speaker 1: In my job? Right? And it's the eve of a lockdown.
Speaker 2: They don't want to see me in the back of a limo waving at them.
Speaker 1: After drinking cheap champagne.
Speaker 2: Hours after they've had the worst news of the last four months. Oh good on old the old English pony on the radio.
Speaker 1: They probably think that's how I just get to work like a dignitary royal around like at all. Oh I know, we're not winding down at any of the windows. Imagine that snap in the papers today.
Speaker 2: Who wants to waiver at people in the limousin as are angry going home on a Thursday, legging it to going y Dan Murphy.
Speaker 1: Just a single white club.
Speaker 2: My friend's out there and the Nepean Highway.
Speaker 1: We had a great night book Christian O'Connell Show podcast