Speaker 1: Come on, don't say welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, you two.
Speaker 3: I'm having a bit of some problems in a love life already. I know only just got engaged, but that's sort of.
Speaker 4: What that's why we're having problems. A bit soon for trouble and paradise, isn't it. So.
Speaker 3: My fiancee Ben pulled off a couple of weeks ago, like the ultimate proposal, but now because he thinks he did so well, then he thinks it's given him. And he said, this is a bit of a rule. He thinks it's given him a month past of doing anything else. And what I mean by that is I was like, hey, babe, can you take the rubbish out for me?
Speaker 2: Because I was keep the rubbish.
Speaker 3: He's like, babe, I proposed, He goes, I really outdid myself with the proposal, that's what he said. Quote, I really I did myself with appraisals. I think I've a just gonna kick back for a while. And I was like, like, he's obviously joking.
Speaker 2: But I was like, excuse me, A.
Speaker 3: Proposal doesn't mean you get He's like, no, one, I'm pretty sure it does in multiple countries. He's like, if you nail the proposal, it means you get to take.
Speaker 2: A month off.
Speaker 4: Have you asked him how long off he has of like normal boyfriending dudies or fiance duty's He said a month.
Speaker 1: I'd love to work out that. This is clearly boy math or your math. He's trying to work it out. I agree to a certain extent. No, I agree.
Speaker 4: I don't think any woman out there anywhere stupid.
Speaker 1: It's just, you know, it's a bit of fun. You guys are engaged. You want to ride that way for as long as you can.
Speaker 4: I mean, he can try and pull that for as long as he cans. But I don't think he's going to get away with it.
Speaker 5: Just leave.
Speaker 3: You know what you do.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do what I do.
Speaker 4: You just leave the garbage bag at the door, and then your husband takes it out. You just walk to the doorway and then you leave it in the doorway, and then someone else is going to deal with that.
Speaker 2: And I think that's TeamWorks. I've taken it halfway and he takes it the rest of the way.
Speaker 5: I have some fun have a couple of weeks off.
Speaker 2: A ravish bag in his bed.
Speaker 5: That ring I didn't take twelve months off. You put a ratneys bit, you know.
Speaker 2: A rubbish back.
Speaker 4: I just said I a Dumpany's suitcase, and everybody ignored it, which I'm glad about, but also to the few people who've heard me.
Speaker 3: Say that I didn't think we should sit in it herit, I haven't.
Speaker 5: Fund Laura's like put a horse heat in his bed.
Speaker 2: In the Kenne. I'm the only one who knows what married life is like out of the suitcase. Sorry, I'm not getting married here. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 5: You TV couples are weird, all right.
Speaker 1: Next and Ask and Cut, Linda wants to know whether it's okay to let a dog lick plates before she puts the digital shirt. She's like, let's come to the pickup. They're the only people that are gonna be able to help me with this conundrum. We'll chat to her. Next stand by, it's Thursday, let's.
Speaker 6: Do this, askut.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite segment Ask Uncut, where you guys call up with the problem of the week, the conundrum something you need a little bit of help with. Now, we don't have any education around this, but we're very enthusiastic about giving our advice.
Speaker 4: Well, where you're a free therapist, but we are. We don't have any qualifications. We both build first ten to free.
Speaker 2: We we both build. But they're all free because it's.
Speaker 5: Not no prize attached as well. It's just come on and we'll try our best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and today's one is about man's best friend.
Speaker 2: I have Linda on the phone, haylely do what's the conundrum?
Speaker 5: How can we help?
Speaker 7: Hi there, guys, I really need your help. I've got a domestic dilemma and it's quite danger of becoming a domestic drama. My question for you today is is it okay to let the dog lick the dishes clean before they get washed up?
Speaker 2: Okay? How are you washing them?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 4: Are you hand washing them or are they going into a dishwasher? Because I think dishwasher like that's like an hour wash. You could do anything. You can go to the toilet on them and put them in the dishwasher.
Speaker 3: Don't but I think you're discussing from Laura Show.
Speaker 2: It's a dump in the dish Washer's right?
Speaker 4: Serious question though? How is it is it? Are you hand washing or your dishwasher?
Speaker 7: Well, it depends. I mean something's going the dishwasher, obviously, but some pots and pans, plates going the dishwasher. Some are hand washed, so it's a bit of boat.
Speaker 2: What kind of dog is it.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a boy dog for a start. Well we know what he looks.
Speaker 2: Dogs lick their genitals.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do not know where that was going.
Speaker 4: All right, I need I need to get to the one of this, Linda, Who in your household has.
Speaker 2: A problem with it? And who doesn't have a problem with it.
Speaker 7: I think it's a great environmental initiative. It's and it's yeah, I'm.
Speaker 6: Good with it.
Speaker 7: Have my hobby and kids. They think it's disgusting and unhygienic.
Speaker 4: Ohlinda, we've just seen the video of your dogs. Not only is your dog licking the plates, your dog is literally inside the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: If anyone wants a mental image, google eating ants out of a well tongue. Its tongue is like ten centimeters long, looking the bolic NAIs of porcel and my for Brooks, that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: You can call it. You can't do that, Linda. You have to give the dog his own.
Speaker 4: But I know I said you could take a dumb on a plate and then put in a dishwasher.
Speaker 2: But I changed my mind after watching.
Speaker 1: If you're at the dinner table and you've had spag bowl and there's a bit of mintce on the plate, I'm all for putting the plate down on the ground letting the dog clean it up. But filling a dirty dishwasher and letting the dog go at it like ribs and rump style on it, like a rack of ribs, that's fair all.
Speaker 2: I can't stop watching this video. We're gonna have to put your socials.
Speaker 4: I think. Also, surely it can't be good for the dog's digestion, Like it's okay to give him a little bit of a lick, but letting them lick every plate, I feel like it's just gonna make the poor dog sick.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think it's gonna I mean, it could make him sick. Linda, I just want to say, I'm in two minds.
Speaker 4: About this because we have a dog and a cat in our household, and we for our cat especially, we have like a little side plate and if we interchange, it's just like it's like a little bread plate.
Speaker 2: Entree It's yeah, like a little entree plate.
Speaker 4: But we don't have a specific cat plate, so that goes in the dishwasher and then it goes back into the draw and then another one comes out. So who knows everyone's eating off the cat plate, but the dog plate in the dishwasher just feels different. Linda, So I think I'm taking your husband's side on.
Speaker 5: This one, you know.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm hearing appalling. I'm just hanging my head.
Speaker 2: Although sorry to shame you.
Speaker 5: You know, I might be convinced because I don't have a dog.
Speaker 1: Although you know, when you wash it dishes in the dishwasher and then it comes out and there's still a bit of grime left on them, like you've kind of got to do it again. Have you found, Linda, that with the dog licking them, you only ever have to do one cycle on the dishwasher.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's so environmentally friendly, dog looking.
Speaker 3: If you if your dishes not coming out clean, you need to clean the dishwasher. You know that you need to clean a dishwasher, right? You don't know that, did you? It's a dishwashers a filter. You're disgusting.
Speaker 4: Oh, Linda, Sorry, but I'm on your husband's side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm one husband.
Speaker 7: Okay, I asked the question. I'm hearing the decision.
Speaker 2: It cannot be unhappy with the looks very cute.
Speaker 5: It dogs. I disagree it's feral. It's like a mate.
Speaker 1: It had teeth coming out of the sides, and it had a tongue.
Speaker 2: To be yourself, I'm not going that far.
Speaker 1: If you want to get into the text slide, if you've got an ask gun cut of your own, you can text us. And you can also textus footage. That's how we got the video of that that coyote eating the food. You can text this O four nine nine four four one O six five four nine nine four four one six five all right back after this, I would pick up.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: We have been having the spiciest debate in our household at the moment, and I want you to wage in on this, especially you two, since you know the only two here. Yes, because we paid to do okay, So, and I want to try and keep this a little bit obscure because I don't want the person who is no. I know, I know you want me to out people, Mitch, but I don't want the person who is part of this story to know. But my mum was telling me a story about a girl that she knows who has just had a baby. So the baby's now four months old, and she knows who the dad is now. The dad was a man who is in his very early twenties. He was in Australia as a backpacker. They're friends on Facebook and their friends on Instagram. But they had a one night stand while he was traveling through Sydney and he has no idea that he has fathered a baby.
Speaker 2: Now, the big.
Speaker 4: Moral question of this is is can she keep this a secret, the fact that she now has as a little baby to this guy, or does she morally have to tell him because at this rate, there's no way that this kid's ever going to find out who their father is.
Speaker 5: Who she telling people the father is currently.
Speaker 4: She's just said it happened on a one night stand and doesn't know I She's honestly been very obscure with it. And it's just like she's.
Speaker 1: Got to tell him, you can't, you can't have a baby with someone and not it's a fifty to fifty He has to know that it is a child out of them.
Speaker 2: Well, he's back home, so he's back home in the country that he came from.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, he still needs to know that the guy's only in his early twenties. Also irrelevant. If he's old enough to put it in and create the baby, he's old enough to be able to look after the baby and.
Speaker 2: Make a decision.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say this because this exact situation happened to my friend.
Speaker 2: And the reason I think did she keep it a secret? Well, listen, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: The reason I think so strongly that she needs to tell him is so, my friend was in a relationship with a guy that was like cross continent, and then they decided to take a break. And on that break, he traveled to Thailand, had a one night stand that was it, and then.
Speaker 2: They decided the break was over they were getting back together.
Speaker 3: Ten eleven, twelve months later, they're back together, going strong.
Speaker 2: My friend and his guy.
Speaker 3: He gets a call that says from that one night stand in Thailand ten months ago that they never spoke an a couple.
Speaker 2: I have had a child. We have a child.
Speaker 3: I don't expect anything from you, but I'm doing the right thing and I want you to know. And he then made the decision that he wanted to be a part of its life. He's like, I don't want to have a child out there and not be a part of its life.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so so hard.
Speaker 5: She's got a partner.
Speaker 3: This is three years ago. So he went over to meet the baby and then he said to my friend, I am sorry, but like this isn't going to work out. I need to go and and I want my child to have a dad, so I'm going to move to that country to be around to raise it. And now he's actually with the girl, the mother the one night saying mother and they're a family.
Speaker 2: That seems like such an anomaly. That's great.
Speaker 4: So the other thing is is there's almost there's almost an eighteen year age gap in this relationship as well. So it's not like they're not going to just run away together and get together. No, but you don't have to get together. But he he didn't go there to be with the mom.
Speaker 2: He went there because it's his child. That's what. He didn't go there and say, I'm going to be a family.
Speaker 5: Where are you guys meeting your friends. I can't even get mine to pay you back for dinner.
Speaker 2: Insane? No, But I think like, at the end of the day, it's his child.
Speaker 3: Too, and he if as long as she knows that he doesn't necessarily isn't going to pack up and come here. But he's entitled as the dad to know that he has a child out there, and then he can do without what he will.
Speaker 1: What do you do, Laury in eighteen years though, when he gets a call and it's hey dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Yeah, I know, I agree.
Speaker 4: I think my take on it is it's not so much around like the relationship with the mum. I know that at the moment, she's probably doing the right thing for her, But I always think, like, what about when this kid's like six, seven, eight, nine, ten old enough to ask like, where's my dad and really starts to dig into it. Then do you have to do with a really awful situation when they're an adult discovering that your mum's lied to you this whole time, that they've actually known who your dad is and where he is and just kept that information from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the dad having the same feeling like eighteen years later, you knows that from me, you took fatherhood from me for eighteen years.
Speaker 5: If not anything to cover yourself, like what if I don't know, what if he came back twenty years later, found out and suit you like, that's possible.
Speaker 2: Knowledge power.
Speaker 3: I mean everyone sees everyone these days. Knowledge is power, That's what I think. And think and let them make the decision once they've got all the information.
Speaker 5: Protection is also power.
Speaker 2: And were a condum?
Speaker 5: Were a condom.
Speaker 2: Let's wrap it up like they should have.
Speaker 5: All right, we're back after this other pick up.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys are lucky to have me here at the moment, because I did have a near death experience over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Now, Laura, oh yeah, sorry, hold it please.
Speaker 4: I was I was speechless because I was overcome with fear.
Speaker 3: You remember, you remember a few years ago I got stuck in a fence.
Speaker 2: Do you remember I stuck?
Speaker 3: You a baby goat? My leg got stuck in a fence. You know how they have like little openings. I slipped my nee and and yeah, and I couldn't get it back out.
Speaker 2: That's something my four year old would do. Yeah, she did that with her head.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only way I could get out, this is taking a segway. This is even my story. The only way I could get out was I had to wait for a passer by to come and put sunscreen on my leg.
Speaker 2: And so I could pull my leg out anyway. I got stuck somewhere over the weekend.
Speaker 3: So I mean my like fitness sauna ice bath era, and I was having a sauna and there's a couple of saunas and a couple of ice bas in this one little area, and it was just it was empty because it was just like the middle of the day. Everyone was having a better life than me. So I was in the sauna and with one other guy. Now he exited the sauna and went into the ice bath. And I'm at the point where I'm like trying to work up how long I can spend in the sauna and the ice bath, and I met my limit.
Speaker 2: Like these are really hot?
Speaker 5: How hot is it?
Speaker 3: Like as I don't know the temperature, but as high as you can go, Like you were in there for two minutes and dripping, so.
Speaker 2: You only stay in there for a really short period of time.
Speaker 3: You're I know, I was in there for eighteen minutes, which is a really long time. Okay, Okay, so usually people do ten twelve minutes and they get out quickly.
Speaker 1: Is it one of those old school like Novatail Hotel saunas with the bricks in the middle that you pour the water on with the wooden spoon.
Speaker 2: Gets those infrared ones.
Speaker 3: No, it's got hot rocks in it, really yeah, yeah, but yeah, and it's very modern. But anyway, so the guy gets out and he gets into the ice bath that's directly in front of the sauna. So he takes the lid off the ice ba, hops in, puts his headphones in, starts to go into this meditation. Then I'm here eighteen nineteen minutes and I'm like, I'm literally about to pass out. I have to get out of here. I was feeling sick.
Speaker 5: My fault.
Speaker 3: So I went to open the door and he has taken the little off his ice bath and locked wedged the door in, and I couldn't. I couldn't get out, and I was like the lid with the lips of the ice bar the eyeba. So I'm banging the door and I'm like, get me out. So I was like, it's okay, I'll just knock and get his attention, but he had a headphones flaring, and I was like, I am going to die here.
Speaker 4: The good thing is that not many people can spend very long in an ice bath either.
Speaker 2: So he didn't have too long.
Speaker 3: That's what you would think. Guess how long he's spending the ice pas. I'm going for seven minutes, twelve twelve minutes in an ice bar, twelve minutes.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to understand why people want to talk to themselves that much. I just I can't get into this. So for me, this is when.
Speaker 2: I'm back to my ya.
Speaker 1: I was going to sound for you, Yes, Ice, what was the brand name I want to purchase? Mine was your heart rate through the roof?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm like I'm going to die because I'm smashing on the window trying to get his attention. By the time he looks up, this miracle ice b man, he looks up and I'm like spluttered against the side, melting down the side, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Please send help. What did he do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: He got up opened it and he was like, oh my god, that's so funny. The lid must have locked you in. Have you seen how I'm like a dehydrated little prude.
Speaker 3: I literally thought my life was and I was like, surely other people are getting stuck.
Speaker 1: I need to tell the gym that that's a worry because that could happen to someone who's not as famous as you, and that could be really bad for them.
Speaker 3: I was starting to think, I wonder if I could throw myself at the glass and fall through.
Speaker 5: Is it glass?
Speaker 2: It's glass door? I think that that would not work out. Very wealthy. Have you guys that have been stuck somewhere conversation?
Speaker 1: It's a I was stuck in a blizzard in Scotland with you, butrit We were stuck for about three hours and we ate all the rations. We had like a box of favorites in the car, and it lasted thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: We ate the whole box of favorite hang on, we didn't collectively you ate all of our emergency rations.
Speaker 2: Stress How quickly did you eat them?
Speaker 5: Like thirty minutes. But it's a different time zone, so it was dinner.
Speaker 2: Actually, I once got stuck. I got stuck on a hill. You guys know this.
Speaker 4: I got stuck on a hill and I couldn't reverse out because the hill was too steep, and I kept rolling into.
Speaker 2: The car in front and my husband had to come and save me.
Speaker 5: And it was really you made him drive another car.
Speaker 4: He had to drive another car to three suburbs away to reverse park my car.
Speaker 2: It was humiliating.
Speaker 1: We're all really load people out, really sad. Christy's called Christy, Where did you get stuck?
Speaker 6: High? Not me, but my son four years ago. He got stuck in a giant chopper chop tin.
Speaker 2: Did he stick his head in the tin?
Speaker 4: Had like, oh my god, our producer has just sent us a photo.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at him stuck.
Speaker 3: Look guys, this is him in the chops.
Speaker 6: He went viral.
Speaker 1: It's like a little tin, so it's like it was like a little mini oil vat he's sitting in it.
Speaker 6: I actually had to call emergency services.
Speaker 2: That's was he Okay? He was fine, Yeah, good story though.
Speaker 5: Down there definitely not great.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just remembered right now. One other place I got stuck.
Speaker 3: I was going through into a supermarket, and you know electric doors, like the sensor doors, they opened what you're in, they closed.
Speaker 2: They just closed.
Speaker 3: They malfunctioned and closed when I was in the middle of them and closed on my body and then didn't open. I was stuck in the doors of a supermarket.
Speaker 1: It's so unrelatable because no one else is that thin that they can in slither of an armond of a crack at the Coals check out.
Speaker 2: You're turned on the side and you can't see it.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know what else I get? Second, the gap between the train, my full right through.
Speaker 2: I mean lots of people have done that, Like nine years old usually