Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no common show podcasts.
Speaker 2: Oh we need you help? Can we build a week of radio?
Speaker 3: It is time for the first time this year to launch another attack on boring mainstream breakfast radio. Don't wouldn't you prefer to win rather than dumb party cash your own weight in sausages?
Speaker 2: I know I would. Now Jack's crush the numbers. It means that we do need.
Speaker 3: A butcher to step forward with how many sausages roughly, well.
Speaker 4: Even for just for my way, and I would say I'm average weight from man eighty seven kilograms one three hundred and ninety two sausages. That could we could go well double that ethan for one of the bigger listeners.
Speaker 5: We met all.
Speaker 2: Listeners, we met all listeners.
Speaker 3: We could be going under that, and we could be going right to the other color range of.
Speaker 2: The rainbow of humanity.
Speaker 3: All right, So I've just had an email here from Gary Grimsey, who I think I'll call from now on. Grimsey Grimsey would love to win his weight in lego bricks. Him and his boys love making lego thrings. Is even made a bust or the Phantom using ten thousand lego bricks.
Speaker 2: If he was like eighty six kidos. How many? I mean Lego bricks are really lightweight. How many is that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So a Lego brick is two point five grams, So for again, at eighty seven kilograms, you'd be looking at thirty four thousand, eight hundred bricks.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to raid at night the Ocean's level the set of Hamish's show.
Speaker 2: Lego Lego Masters.
Speaker 3: All right, then let's take some while. What we're after here then is what would you like I'll give us some ideas. Then, what would you like to win your height or weight in? And if your business tomants me partners and you've got some stuff that we can stack on top of each other or give away and weight form simone?
Speaker 6: Hello, how are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good, simone? So how might you but to out? You got something that you sell that might lend itself to this?
Speaker 6: Yes, So my business is kitchen language, and we sell some cheeky sweary things, and I thought maybe someone could win their height in stubby holders.
Speaker 3: Now I might regret this a live radio. Let's just be aware of young as might be listening. But what do you mean kitchen stuff with cheeky sweary language.
Speaker 6: Well, let's just say they're perfect for pony Mouth eighteen plus. So I'll just leave it at that, and that.
Speaker 2: It might be an apron spoon with the F word or I mean, what am I dealing with it? That's right?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, we do have aprons with the F words, but we also have some details with the D word, and we have some stubby holders with a P word and that's yeah, that's enough for the way.
Speaker 2: To shot Mary Berry.
Speaker 3: If you go on bakoff to suddenly unveil in April with the F word and that beauty, can't they go in?
Speaker 6: I've got a beautiful one for her. That's something about that she can bake.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, okay, So you're suggesting, simonious to when your weight in F word aprons?
Speaker 6: Right, Well, well I was going to say hush, but yeah, I think I'd go out of business if I if I had to give that anyway. But Hi, ting stugby holders or hiding them the P word on you.
Speaker 3: All on top of each other. Yes, like some sort of art installation at Mona, well.
Speaker 4: One for everybody in the family extended.
Speaker 6: Granddad, Yeah, maybe just for neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Simon, how long has this business been going five years, yeah, and it's going well.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but it is in this country. I bet it is.
Speaker 3: And give the website of a plug because I guarantee people like this sounds amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's kitchen language dot com dot ae.
Speaker 2: Gotcha all right, Simone, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You're the first one to step forward and offer up some of your own gears, so appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Simone.
Speaker 6: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: What a business? What a business we got here? Michael, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hey Christian. I'd like to win my weight in chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't. What a prize? What a prize.
Speaker 3: Nugget Friday, I can hear it now. You don't want to miss tomorrow's show. Nugget Friday.
Speaker 2: Friday Nugget.
Speaker 5: I ate about one hundred of them a day because I'm a I'm a truck driver and a piano mover, so it really.
Speaker 2: Told me nothing to do with it. One hundred nuggets a day. Don't blame a piano mover.
Speaker 3: Oh those Steinways, Linda Man nuggets you can get drive through.
Speaker 2: So going here we go, another piano mover, you do?
Speaker 4: They are heavy things, those old pianos. Marcus so you probably burn a lot of calories during the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I typically ate a lot of down food while I'm on the road.
Speaker 2: But I'll bet you shred it all off if you're doing a job like.
Speaker 5: That though, Yeah, I do. Actually, you're not.
Speaker 3: Really doing a hundred a day, honestly, about anywhere from to one hundred a day.
Speaker 2: Like a Sunday afternoon, I'm going to need two hundred. That's just till Tuesday. Will be back Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: Yes, Usually so when you go through the drive through and place one order for one hundred nugs.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's like kind of like a hundred nugs spread out throughout the day.
Speaker 4: How many times are you going back through the drive through.
Speaker 5: Two or three times?
Speaker 3: I'm never if I've got a piano, but if I ever needed a piano, delive, I'm not using you.
Speaker 2: It still take ages. I want him to go. Where is he now? He's at the same Kilt drive through again? Where's my stoneway?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love a nug, don't get me wrong, a lot, but this.
Speaker 3: Is enough though, six pack a ten pack.
Speaker 4: If I'm feeling cheeky, Oh my.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. Scenes and you reckon this is Monday to Friday. Get a volume away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Monday, the Sunday, to be honest with you, Monday, take.
Speaker 2: An easy, Michael.
Speaker 3: But Michael, you're right, what a prize win your wait in nuggets? I get, I get the feeling with the amount you're polishing off. That's just like a day's nuggets for you, and it winning your weight. I mean, you tear through that no time if you want it.
Speaker 5: It's pretty much the only.
Speaker 2: Person who will enter the competition and when you want nuggets is Michael.
Speaker 4: By the way, all right, Mike, I've crunched the numbers you're looking at for the average weight four eighty nine nugs.
Speaker 3: But how many days? Jack, now country these numbers to find that by one hundred? Then we can we know how many days would our man Michael take to get through that stash.
Speaker 4: That'll last you forty and a half days, Mike.
Speaker 2: Month and a half a week. It starts now, he's done at Easter. It's not sweet.
Speaker 1: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Footloose, Gold one O four point three. Trying to build something with you guys once more, trying to see if we can do a week of radio where every day you're winning your weight or height in something, kicking off on Monday in Style with win your weight in sausages, which if you just tuned in, would equate too roughly based on a eighty six kido person.
Speaker 2: How many snags, Jack, I have.
Speaker 4: A thirteen hundred sausages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not heard from any butchers this morning yet. Maybe they open up late.
Speaker 3: You know they're chopping up the snags right now in that machine, stacking their chops out in that big old fridge.
Speaker 2: Butchers, we need your help, please, sos. We need meats.
Speaker 3: So we're asking this morning on nine four one four one four three, what would you love to win your height or wait in?
Speaker 2: And have you got any think that you can give us.
Speaker 3: To give away to be part of this Advertisers, clients of the station businesses of Melbourne step forward nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 2: George, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning George. So what would you like to win your weight or hiding my height?
Speaker 5: In cakes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Individual cakes, one mega cake, no.
Speaker 7: Individual different fillings, different bases, different icings.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what a great And have you got a have you got a couple of cakes that you'd love to have in the mix.
Speaker 7: I've got mad Cake is one of my favorite mud cakes.
Speaker 2: A great cake. Yes, yes, so would you?
Speaker 3: Would you say ideally half of this would be a giant mega mud cake.
Speaker 5: No, just chuck a couple of.
Speaker 4: Stop trying to make big cakes, Christian.
Speaker 2: Cakey clients that we have on the stage. George, this is a great idea.
Speaker 5: It's a nicome idea.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We agree it is an awesome idea, George.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. According with add it to our list. Than you have a good work thank you. Uh Andrew, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian. How are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good buddy, Andrew. What have you got for us?
Speaker 5: I've got an offer, Christian. I work for a company called sig World, where Australia's premier welding supplier to trade but also do a lot of di y machine so for people who want to do some work at home stoltoring the repairs.
Speaker 2: And I'm the kind of guy. I'm up, I'm a possible customer. Yeah. If my wife nor again, guy a.
Speaker 3: Picture without taking value off the house, I.
Speaker 2: Mean actually light this up and put my mask on in the garden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have anything you can do? Welding is the last one I would do.
Speaker 2: Now you what do you want to bring us, Andrew.
Speaker 5: Mate, I can give one of your listeners in their height or weight, whichever is greater. Yeah, welding machines, probably to the value of around two and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: What we can turn this into welding Wednesday?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, what a great day with.
Speaker 3: The demand of people trying to win their height in welding equipment. Yeah, for the trade trade and DIY market. We're constantly being asked, have you got any welding gear on the show today? And we're turning away listeners every day with that.
Speaker 2: No, this is the deal of the year.
Speaker 4: Cash Man has been wasting his time every day. People ringing up to eat cash. They go, I don't want the cash. I'm just going to buy welding equipment. Anyway, can't you give me the welding equipment?
Speaker 3: Turn yourself into the eighteen with your own welding gear in the garage sculpting.
Speaker 4: So what's included in the kid, Andrew, what's nick Kelly helmet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, get the mask you do.
Speaker 5: Get an automated jack, so an auto view. It's a really good helmet. You'll get a MiG welder, you'll get a tig welder, and you'll get a pleasla cup as well.
Speaker 4: Could we even genuinely to the common person.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how many people in the backyard. Incredible.
Speaker 3: I'd actually genuinely love to have a MiG antig carriage, only to intimidate other men when they come around.
Speaker 2: I have the.
Speaker 3: Garbage stor and I just raise up that visor.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's about who. I just done a bit of MiG work, then tig work.
Speaker 5: What is it you wanted, by the way, for the people to the.
Speaker 3: Personal enough lessons and ted talks and I'm just about to do this job which old pressing buttons.
Speaker 4: Let's do welding Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Say, though I'm shaw, I'm taking you up on that offer. What an offer. Thank you very much done, Andrew, you're a gentleman. Plug your business once more.
Speaker 5: Yes, sigweld is the name of the company. Get us on the web sigworld dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: For all your welding needs in the trade and of course at home. Diy enthus Yes you bet.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we're asking for your help this morning. Two ways.
Speaker 3: What we want to get to comedy A week of shows Monday to Friday, where every day someone is winning their weight or height in something amazing. Sausages on Monday. This must start with when you're waiting sausages at the moment. We just had a very generous offer a man called Andrew works for a company called sig World, who's offered us someone to win their height in welding equipment. Now, a couple of people recording said Christian, what do you prefer meg or TIG welding? Well, look, I'm a massive fan of MiG welding because obviously the MiG stands for metal and gas.
Speaker 4: And you're always saying that.
Speaker 3: I am you know TIG is good, which is of course they're using Tunstan as the inert gas. But anytime you give me a metal rod and I've got my visor down, I'm happy. So I just want to clear that up before we carry on with the show today.
Speaker 2: What do you what? Are you a TIG or med guy? Jack?
Speaker 4: I feel like we could really talk about this long past the nine am hour, which we have, so it's probably not worth getting into now because.
Speaker 2: I wish it doesn't do justice does it?
Speaker 4: No, you can't cover all bases and this.
Speaker 3: Is why welding Wednesday is going to be huge David.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Hello, Hello there David, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: The Hi guys.
Speaker 6: How's are going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, very good? How can we help you? David?
Speaker 3: Do you want to try and take party behind here for win your weight or height week?
Speaker 5: I'll be up to win my weight or height on me go Tig Wilder is possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're not giving it away just yet. We've onready just done the deal with Andrew. But I'm glad that you're excited. Why do you Why do you want it?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 5: I look a bit of the I was at all.
Speaker 6: Cordiger bought a house with a wife a few years ago and a bit of work to do around the household that will become very handy.
Speaker 3: Well, it's every frenchman's dream, isn't it to do a house where a meet antique welder.
Speaker 2: I've seen that TV show Escape to the Chateau. I love that show.
Speaker 5: It wasn't me, It wasn't mean.
Speaker 4: One of the DIY projects you do around the house is like hang a picture? Why hang it with a hanging hook? When you could weld it to the wall.
Speaker 2: Listen here well as a Frenchman, he'll have raw iron gates. I'm guessing why not.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Actually, all right, Dabby, thank you very much, and let's go to Daniel. Already there's a lot of excitement about welding Wednesday. Daniel Christian, I'm good after the welding gear.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, please, I'm I'm a chinky right trade. But I've just done actually a welding course. It's been on my bucket list.
Speaker 2: For quite a while now, so me too.
Speaker 7: I could definitely do with a news world And.
Speaker 2: What do you prefer?
Speaker 4: Megal Tig definitely, ye.
Speaker 2: Do all the cool kids do?
Speaker 3: All right, definitely, Daniel, we're bearing in mind. Thank you very much your interest at this point. Let's go to Michael.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Michael.
Speaker 4: More interested in anything than this worlding equipment.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been the most popular thing of the week is the thought that we might be giving away someone's height and worlding gear.
Speaker 2: Who knew? Michael, Good morning morning. I'm good.
Speaker 3: So we're getting excited about trying to build our win your weight and height week. What have you got for us? Michael?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know if you can compete with the welding gear that seems pretty popular, but.
Speaker 5: We'll give it a go.
Speaker 7: And we want a barbe We've got a barbecue store in Sydney and Melbourne and we've got some competition pitmasters who'd like to give away their body weight or the customers body weight in smoked meats. That could be brisketful port chick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this I would love as someone who loves to smoke has got a tragger.
Speaker 2: What a price smoked meats?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely so we've got triggers in the store. We've got spitz chuck Le, barbecues, anything really. Peter Robins are good at all. So meats whatever you want, we'll cook at us.
Speaker 3: Yes, will now be known as smoking Thursday when we give away those smokes weeks. Wow, smoked meats. That's a great price. What's the name of your company, It's.
Speaker 7: Barbecue spit Rotisseries. That's BBQ spit Rotisteries dot com dot a good man.
Speaker 2: So you're right.
Speaker 3: Seriously, we could give away like eighty odd kido's worth of smoke meats.
Speaker 5: Whatever they want.
Speaker 7: Brisket pull port Chicken will do.
Speaker 2: A little bit extra for your favorite breakfast show.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, come on down, Christian, who you up?
Speaker 3: You will bring the car around up pop, open the boot, just chuck it in.
Speaker 2: Michael, you're a good man.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast