Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Now, Patsy, you got caught with the parking fine yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't get me started, but passes.
Speaker 2: I think in this city there are parking signs that are impenetrable, undecipherable.
Speaker 1: Four to five different signs. Yeah, it's when there's.
Speaker 2: Like the crest of arms, the Herald, where it's up four quadrants. You're like, with no training, with no formal training, how I want to know what are the different clauses that I'm looking at here? It's like a legal contract in a different language, isn't it? But your one is one of those split down the middle with the no parking sign.
Speaker 3: All right, I see what you're saying, but let's put it into context. One o'clock in the afternoon, half asleep, been up since the middle of the night, and obviously.
Speaker 2: Walking up that hill again with that sack of wooden bare feet in the snow. But since midnight.
Speaker 3: Mine was playing tricks yet again, and I seriously thought I was in the right, I thought, No, I thought it was unusual that I got to park right out in the front of a cafe. I was meeting the love God for lunch yesterday at Williamstown.
Speaker 1: Oh lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just one of those opportunity rings me. Hey, I've got a spare twenty minutes, half an hour, let's meet for oh yeah, for you know, get a lunch, and how's your father and so, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, restaurant.
Speaker 2: Suddenly they're in the kitchen, in that meat locker.
Speaker 1: And right out the front, and Bob's your uncle.
Speaker 3: Right out the front is the park, which I thought was really unusual.
Speaker 1: Now I know, why are you always got to be suspicious?
Speaker 3: A damn loading zone? And I parked there very fully, confident. And when I went in and met Chris, I said, you never believe I've got a park right out the front, right out the front. It never happens. And then came out and the damn ticket blowing in the.
Speaker 1: Break more than your lunch, more far more.
Speaker 3: Than the lunch. I could have flown on a lear jet to Paris and had lunch.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was so annoyed. I thought, Oh, how stupid. I just did not interpret it.
Speaker 1: It's correctly, it's crystal clearly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be rude Patsy, but this is just two signs. The top says loading signs seven am to one pm as Monday to Saturday. From there you just goboard's one pm Monday to Saturday.
Speaker 1: A child could read this.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you can't have looked at it.
Speaker 2: You must just dump that car there, thinking I work in showbiz, I'll park it where I want.
Speaker 1: And I threw the keys at somebody. Where's that valet? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably some poor guy wants to unload some fruit and veggs for the place and now has to go on and do laps or something.
Speaker 3: And that all those peaches and that it was awful, and it was kind of on a funny bit of a road where there's like a bend and either side of it obviously is normal parks. I don't know what I was thinking. It just did not compute in my brain.
Speaker 2: It is what I would say they need to do in this country to save the suburbs.
Speaker 1: Right from online shopping, it's really hard to park at your local places.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the answer is, but it's making it really hard. This is why they run the risk of people going online, because we're just lazy and time staff. It's a nightmare. You've got these narrow little streets. Trying to park is an absolute nightmare, isn't it bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: And you always a small business, Yes, I feel really really sorry for them because everyone's going to the major shopping malls. This is a beautiful little strip William gorgeous. Yeah, and you know that's where you'll find those shops that aren't like the big multinationals, all the little boutiques and just struggling business owners who God knows.
Speaker 2: We've got to hang on to that because one of the lovely things about this country is all the suburbs in Melbourne right are different.
Speaker 1: Yes, I really really like that.
Speaker 2: They've got their own little mum and pop stores and businesses that have been in those communities for decades, right, and obviously during that really got damaged, not them aunt there anymore.
Speaker 1: So the ones that.
Speaker 2: Are really really they're part of the community. They know you, yes, yeah, you know, and they ask they start to know like you because they see you a lot like most weeks. They know what you've been through in your life and what's happened, and we really need that. That's why the well the last domains of an actual community now is that because some of the old pubs are dying out now, no one goes to church and so that connection with someone those local shops is really really important. I don't know what the answers, but they need some way where it's just easier for us to dump the cars without fearing of I can't read this parking sign.
Speaker 1: I just go click and collect.
Speaker 4: At least take the parking signs completely idiot proof.
Speaker 2: Now I'm having a go at Patsy having some midday befuddlement, because this is exactly what happened to me yesterday at one o'clock when I terrified an old lady.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so full discosures to happen next Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Patsy had her midday fusion the essay I had perfuddlement at midday. You're right, Patsy. It's with these hours and the amount of years doing them that that sort of one till two is the gray zone. You can just wig out. My family no, not to even call me unless they really need to. My wife will begin if she does come, and then have you had your nap?
Speaker 1: And I go, no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, call me back when you work it out. And you've had a cup of tea. So there needs to be a buffer zone. You're bad to come out with hibernation. Anyway, Yes, I was running some errands and I didn't realize at the time it all drifted and I was in the gray zone, and so I was returning to my car. I wasn't returning to my car. I was returned to a car exactly the same color as mine, not exactly the same make or model, but exactly the same color, a mid sized suv. I rip open the door. It's unlocked, and thinking I'm getting in my car. Well, suddenly an old lady in the passenger seat, and I mean a really old, frail lady actually shrieks. I really scared, as I would do, because you know, there's all these car jackets, and suddenly looks like there's some devilishly handsome, roguish one, a charmer, a charmer roguish one, a rakish one, right is in the car some English cat. Excuse me, I'm so sorry. So two things happened. She actually was oh my god, no, she was actually really, I really did scare her. At the same time, I'm thinking we're part just down the road from an age care home, and I'm thinking, oh, this poor old deer, I'm now going to have to try and explain this isn't her car and take her back to the unit where there's probably some alarm going right now. Then I realized in a minute, this isn't the badge of.
Speaker 1: My my.
Speaker 2: I'm the only confused doddery fole here.
Speaker 1: Going to take you back to your where there's no alarm being wrong for my disappearance.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, how do you explain your way out of that one?
Speaker 1: To the lady, I actually went bright red, was so I know, I was, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought this was my car and she just didn't understand because I think she was very old and she's very confused and actually really scared. She was doing that thing like leaning back. The worst thing I saw my last is of her clutching double handed her handbag.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing you'd go for thing, and it did look like a blinger one.
Speaker 2: I'm not the half of me, did think and won if you some cash in there by myself something money's tight at the moment, I could just you could spit, spend me a honey or something in there. But yeah, I was just I really was like I was so confused my car and I was like, my car is too up, and she was like trying to look and as I then got into my car, I was like looking back to her and she was on the phat to somebody and I thought, hopefully that's just like someone who's like dumped her there, or it's on the places it might be pulled over if I accidentally kidnapped an elderly.
Speaker 1: And this was just like a dry run. I'm like, I'm very confused these hours.
Speaker 2: We can't reaparking signs or what car we even getting into.
Speaker 1: I should be driving from that time. The Christian Connell Show podcast