Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three five.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three HQG, Melbourne, Australia. We're accustoming to the world Christian. We're escaping the five on the day.
Speaker 3: In black magic and yeah, a little bit scary.
Speaker 2: More reckfast show.
Speaker 4: Does somebody call for a hero?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: I am sus now, good morning, It's the Christian I call a breakfast show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Welcome of Friday.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the creativity Stone. So yesterday Jack starts telling us about this thing to his wife brought him from Los Angeles when she came back from America the other day.
Speaker 6: A creativity stone.
Speaker 4: I'm scared to speak because I want my first words to be very creative, and I don't know how to make them more creative than they already are.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's guess get some first reactions to watch. Pats and I are looking at Patsy. What's your first take on what he's holding.
Speaker 6: Up right now?
Speaker 3: It's very small, and I'm not convinced that if it didn't break it, that white powder wouldn't fall out of the middle.
Speaker 4: No. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It looks like why is it in a glad wrap as well?
Speaker 4: No, that's its shiny, creative film natural, that's its natural, rocky, stony, creative feel. It's not wrapped in glad rap. It's got a natural shine. That's what makes it so special.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? Is it quartz?
Speaker 4: It's something kind of quartz? Would you call it an orangey.
Speaker 3: Orange to an apricottic color?
Speaker 4: Apricot quartz?
Speaker 2: And what what did it come? Just like that?
Speaker 4: That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What what else? I mean?
Speaker 4: What else do you want on it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did it have a box?
Speaker 4: I didn't see a box. I just got given the stone.
Speaker 2: So your wife just gave you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't think it came in a box. It's not. This is not something that you just buy off the shelves at a supermarket.
Speaker 2: What magic laid? He was hawking this some toothless crackhead in La and a boardwalk.
Speaker 4: She goes from Silver Lake, which is I guess an area of Los Angeles from a crystal shop. Now I know you like a crystal shop.
Speaker 2: Crystal. I have several crystals and facts I have in my pocket A crystal right here.
Speaker 4: All right, a rock aff here we go. Well, mine's twice the size of yours. It is, so I'll be twice as creative. Yes, and so what have you done with it?
Speaker 6: Have you washed it?
Speaker 2: Or put washed it? You have to wash them, yes, absorbing someone else's if you believe in crystal power, has been absorbing somebody else's energy, it's been sat in a shop on a shelf. You've got to wash it, and then you've got to leave it in moonlight overnight to wake up the energy again full moon.
Speaker 4: Best What if I washed the creative?
Speaker 2: Seriously, I would put that word leave it outside of that because that's got bad as usual. You haven't probably respected it.
Speaker 3: Will You're going to jinx the show?
Speaker 2: Jack, get out and take your monkey little.
Speaker 4: Working it's been working for me.
Speaker 2: What ideas you've come up with so far for today's shake?
Speaker 4: Give me any challenge and I'll creatively solve the problem.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this. Okay?
Speaker 6: So the next song?
Speaker 2: Who has put Jamiroquai in the music system? I'm looking down the next song in the megacomputer system. Here there's controlled by God and Jim Iroquay is there? Did they not hear my words of the day on misheard lyrics about Jimmyroquay.
Speaker 4: I did not like him.
Speaker 2: This Jamiroquai song is three minutes and thirty seven seconds. Okay, right, here's your challenge to come up with an instant game to play.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, yeah, yep, okay, all right, Panel the Stone, really, do not pitch me anything you've pitched before.
Speaker 2: If you could start talking a bit about the game about cartoon characters when they've got five five fingers or three.
Speaker 4: Four fingers or three fingers, is a good game. But no, it'll be a new game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, go the first time O'Connell Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Christian Jack promised to be twice as creative. I can't wait for the outwork time this morning, three hours time morning? Is it stream crystal? You need to put that in the ground to cleanse it. Boys compare on the size of their rocks, telling each other to leave it out in the moonlight? Is this gold or nimbin? FM?
Speaker 4: Well, do I bury the rock in the ground or do I leave it out in the moonlight? Which one is it?
Speaker 2: Leave it out in the moonlight? To unlock the power. All right, so you've had your time. Apparently you've been out there hidden away holding that creativity stone that your wife got you to your head. What have you come back with?
Speaker 4: Well, look at this the names for about seven games.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll picture a load of names.
Speaker 4: The first one is called call in Now. The second one is good stuff get rid of the Stone.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, now, it's half of what I say. I mean, that's just like the postcode calling now.
Speaker 3: No, I don't give him a chat, give him a chat.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go straight to the game that I've come up with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please do it.
Speaker 4: It's called where did you go on Holiday? People call up and they say.
Speaker 6: You wind your what is the thing that hairdresses had taken? The mecut?
Speaker 2: Anywhere I should do? Holidays?
Speaker 4: People call up, They give us a clue as to where they went on holiday this winter, and we have to guess what where they went?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one oh four three. Let's put the powers of the stone to the test. So what's it called?
Speaker 4: Where did you go on Holiday?
Speaker 2: Nine four one four one oh four three? Should you wish to give us a call?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So yesterday Jack was tonic on the show about his wife who came back from America, and I brought my gift from Los Angeles, a creativity rock stone.
Speaker 4: Creativity stone gives the holder more creativity.
Speaker 2: So Chattin will that to bring it into the show yesterday. If you heard it, you didn't need me telling you that he's brought it in today. And he's trying to.
Speaker 6: I'm not the power of the crystal.
Speaker 4: Harness the power of the crystal.
Speaker 2: So I I challenged him to come up with an instant idea during one song we played earlier that was two and a half minutes. So you've come up.
Speaker 4: With It's called where did you go on Holiday?
Speaker 6: And he just added some production to it. Now get ready?
Speaker 4: Was it summer in Hill or was it Brazil? Where did you go on holiday? Yep, we've got you at the Acress. We've got vacation fixation and we want to know where you went on him a cat's raise get.
Speaker 2: Ready Channel ten for your new It. Marks is texted and saying morning he should have called the game. I know what you did this winter? Oh that's funny man, he's obviously got a bigger crystal eating the garbos on the line.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Ian, Okay, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good mate. Nice to talk to you always. You're on the road clearing up rubbish. Yes, I am good man. And I understand that you can tell Jack and to cleanse his crystal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All he has to do is put the crystal into a bowl appropriate to the size of the crystal, put some rock sald in it and swirl around a bit so the salt dissolves a bit, and then just leave it overnight, take it out and dry it. And she's plain.
Speaker 2: Now how do you know this? Ian?
Speaker 6: Do you collect crystals?
Speaker 5: I certainly do. I've got thousands of them, have you really Yeah, I go out in the field and collect them, dig them up out of the ground.
Speaker 7: No way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's loads here in Australia. You're very lucky. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you got any creativity leaning crystals in?
Speaker 5: I'm not into the healing powers of crystals.
Speaker 7: I just like.
Speaker 5: The look of them. And then you know, I've got some that I bought that I thought, oh, cut these up and cut and polish them. And when I got to him, I looked and I thought, no.
Speaker 8: Carry cut them up?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: So the rock so hot is not to give it more powers, that's just to actually clean it. Yes, got it?
Speaker 2: All right? Ian, have a nice weekend. That's to call him. I didn't when we start today's show thought we'd actually take calls on how to clean a crystal? Well even why here I'm doing this to Melbourne Radio. He is going to be fuming.
Speaker 4: Well, we weren't actually meant to learn how to clean crystals. Were meant to play.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, yeah, where did you go? Let me fire off the old Chabby production?
Speaker 4: Was it summer in Hill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard earlier.
Speaker 4: I will tell you how to play first.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: So a caller will come on give us a clue to is where they went on holiday. We'll each get to ask one yes no question, and then starting with you, Christian, Pat and me will have a guess of the location.
Speaker 6: All right, well let's meet, come on down and contest a number one.
Speaker 2: Kelly, good morning, Okay, So Kelly, give us a clue as to where you went this winter.
Speaker 5: Okay, this place was made first and Heaven was modeled on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we can ask one yes no question, Mim will be. Is it in Australia?
Speaker 2: No, per that's your question. Please?
Speaker 3: Was it Thailand? Somewhere in Thailand?
Speaker 4: No? Come on, Christian play the game.
Speaker 2: Did it involve a flight of more than four hours?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Now no information? I bet what happens? Now?
Speaker 4: Now we guess?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You can go first?
Speaker 2: Why I gotta go first? I'm still trying to work out.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go first. The place was modeled on Heaven.
Speaker 6: I mean God had to get the idea from somewhere.
Speaker 4: You know, Heaven was modeled on this place.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 4: It was God's mood board the mal Dives.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Patty, Fiji?
Speaker 6: No Hawaii?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Where did you go this winter?
Speaker 2: I went to ah and that really is a beautiful place. We went there a couple of years ago. It's it's just stunning, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely stunning.
Speaker 8: And I think it's some famous Matt Matt.
Speaker 5: Twain quote that it was my first and.
Speaker 8: Heaven was modeled on it.
Speaker 2: Mark Twain quote, You're right, yeah, it's beautiful island. Isn't it really friendly as well?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, people are just bordered.
Speaker 8: They're absolutely stunning place.
Speaker 6: How long did that take you to fly from Australia.
Speaker 2: Them Meltwin to per which is lot more and the.
Speaker 1: Seven hours I think from person generition, that.
Speaker 2: Is beautiful, really nice, precious Kelly, thank you very much. Kenny, Okay, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I think we're going to get rid of the yes, no questions because it slows the game down. The new game play just the instant the new game players just buzz in and say the answer straight away.
Speaker 6: Okay, Christians on the nine now, good morning.
Speaker 2: Christian morning, Christian, good night, great name buddy. Yeah, and Christian, where do you give us your clue then to where you weren't this winter? All right?
Speaker 9: You get hggled when you walk down the street.
Speaker 4: And Sally Nope, Thailand up, go on, Yes I win, Yes, I've won the first ever Where did you go on holiday?
Speaker 6: I mean, you say you've won.
Speaker 2: But ultimately the show of radio has lost, and Marconi, who's spinning in his grave, we will never ever talk of what's just happened?
Speaker 6: Okay, scrub it for on the podcast The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we put up a post on Facebook and it got hundreds of comments. We're doing a new thing called a Tomorrow Show.
Speaker 6: Today. We'll give you a little some idea what we might be talking about.
Speaker 2: One of the things I was thinking about this week was fictional characters from TV or movies when they die really really upsets you. It's like it actually alters you somehow. You're in a really.
Speaker 4: Bad where you think you grave like you would for a real life person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I was thinking about which which death of which fictional work character and a TV show or movie really I really upset me. If you're a Game of Thrones fan, you know what at the end of season one, when Ned goes that, that's when I readized I was watching a TV show that broke all the rules, one of the main characters that you'd spend all those twelve hours getting to know, and suddenly they just kill him off in front of a really gruesome way an he is. This show's got a really tark car ned start for me. Also used to I don't know if you've ever seen The Good Wife Pats.
Speaker 3: I've seen bits of it, but I didn't really that.
Speaker 2: Show really really smart, really really great American TV show. And when one of the characters in there. Will Gardner died. Honestly, my wife and I for about an hour later, we were both still sobbing. It was like we've lost it's ridiculousness, we lost a family member. Have you ever been really moved by fictional character's death.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what going on the Facebook comments is a real spoiler alert, because you know, I haven't seen a lot of movies and TV shows that I'm still planning to watch, and I read through those and learned a lot of things I didn't want to know about.
Speaker 2: Jack was actually hasn't seen The Green Mile, and so obviously he's upset about finding out the end of that. But then John Kofe is on death row, yes, but can't come actually going. I didn't know the Titanic ends like that spoiler alert. He's on death row.
Speaker 4: But it's on my list of classic movies to watch, and I don't know watching it if they let him go or he dies, And now I know he dies.
Speaker 2: There's also a really great Rowan Atkins and TV show about the First World War was written by Ben Outen and Richard Curtis called Blackadder, and it was set lots of different period Each series was set in a difficult period of history, and the one about the First World War. The way they ended that was one of the most moving bits of TV. It said so much about the pointlessness and futility of war and the thousands of thousands of people that were just cannon fodder in the First World War having to go over the top knowing that they were going to face imminent death and no survival. How they did that in a show that was laugh out now and sarcastic and funny. The bit at the end with the poppy fields just stays with you in your heart. It's amazing. Blackadder the last one of the series about the First World War? That was great. So which one was out of the eight movies you have seen on TV shows when a character dies that's upset.
Speaker 4: You, all right? Oh, choose the movie that I watched last week, Hatchie about a dog who waits for his owner of the station after he dies. And Richard Gear died and the dog didn't know he was is ever going to come home? And it was heartbreaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if Richard Gear dies in any movie, I'm a bit Oh god, he's all right, and pretty woman, you're singing woman this weekend, aren't you that's my movie for this weekend.
Speaker 4: Don't tell me he dies. I don't want to know either way.
Speaker 2: None of the main characters dies in this movie. Okay, thank god, Patsy. What's it for you?
Speaker 3: Oh it's when Molly died on a country Practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a very problem, very well, didn't they. We got Country Practice in the UK, very funny show about a country vet in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, but I was about twelve, and I can remember the anticipation coming up, like we all knew on the Tuesday night when it was airing, and we all had to get home early and make sure, you know, we'd cleaned up from dinner and we're in front of the TV.
Speaker 6: The mess something the hoes out.
Speaker 3: But it was awful. And the music they used like this circus theme music under it and the kid and the shame and I can't hear that music again.
Speaker 4: Well, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the TV shows always do that when someone dies.
Speaker 3: They the music is breaking.
Speaker 2: Music they do at the Oscars when they did that, You know, any Memoran.
Speaker 3: You two today?
Speaker 2: I remember on Country Practice were used to annoy me as a kid who was the corrupt local mayor.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Muldoon, Yes, that's mister Muldoon.
Speaker 2: Gets a young anxious kid, right, I was quite highly strong. I couldn't watch it sometimes because how all the wrongdoings that he would do and he would get away with it. They could never convict him. There's always that corrupt man in these TV shows. But I used to get very stressed. I was hearing that name Muldoon stressing all right, which fictional character when they died in a TV show or a movie really really upset you?
Speaker 6: Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three feel good Friday with Us today we're talking about fictional characters dying in TV shows or movies really putting a spring in his step this morning and here on No God one four point three just a fun hang with us on a Friday. So we're talking about fictional characters and when they die in a TV short movie, why it really affects us?
Speaker 6: And which ones? Did you've had another thing?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well I really cried when in Castaway Wilson sailed away from Tom Hanks. It's heartbreaking and he's just a little ball but he was really a character of the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he should have got a Lostcar nomination the Ball because actually he's the co star of the movie for a big part of it as well. It's so sad, isn't it what it does to him as well? I also have you seen Breaking Bad? Yes, when Breaking Bad one of the greatest TV shows ever, When Mike erman Trout dies by the side of that river and his last words just leave me here, you know, because he's so irritated with Walter White and everything he's done and everything he's touched that has turned to darkness. That really really upset me, because he was a good character in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even though he said like he's sort of a bad guy, but he's got a good heart.
Speaker 2: It was a good heart in there, and his granddaughter and his son and all that backstor but when he dies, that's really what he's said. Also, my girl, do you know I'm on about Patsy Michael.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember Colin.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that the be the Beastings and there's that bit where she goes and she goes to see him and he's dead, little Mac and she goes where is Glasses he won't be able to see you.
Speaker 4: Forgotten about that scene. I feel like.
Speaker 2: I'm the only way I remember it word for word is I was watching it with my daughters a couple of weeks ago, right, and they get going to me, it's not a sad movie. This is it.
Speaker 3: It's sad you did.
Speaker 2: It's not a sad movie. And they got active should want and there's that bit and I'm blubbing. They're all crying as well. But go where his glasses won't classes? Oh, make it stop too much. Hey, Patsy, you know you were talking about the country practice yes on Facebook yesterday when we put this on, there was one of the most popular ones.
Speaker 3: I saw that a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Remembering about Molly doing Now I'd forgotten that scene. I did watch it in the UK, like.
Speaker 3: I said, Please, don't say you're going to play the music. Oh stop, No, it is.
Speaker 2: Kind of it's creepy.
Speaker 3: It's horrible.
Speaker 2: He's yelling Molly there, how did Molly die?
Speaker 3: And Molly had cancer and she was on a couch in the field as Chloe.
Speaker 2: Cancer therapy in the eighties. She was on a couch to a field.
Speaker 3: And Brendan I called her husband shame. But it was Brendan I think, and Chloe were their little toddler, were running in the field with a balloon and she just faded away to this terrifying clown music.
Speaker 2: Awful.
Speaker 4: So was the music some actuality? Like was that meant to be happening in the scene or it was in the scene as they were running?
Speaker 2: So were they buy a pipe organ in the field or an old carousel?
Speaker 3: It was awful.
Speaker 2: I think we're traumata. I see a lot of people this morning with this. Jess, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 11: How are you going to go?
Speaker 2: Well, we're tearing up a bit the memory of my girl and then that terrifying circus music there.
Speaker 6: Well, what's her fictional character? Was it for you that really upset you?
Speaker 11: Mine was Claire in Mcloud's Daughters. I'm not sure if you would know that show.
Speaker 2: I seem to remember. It was about Australian ranch test Is, a girl called Tests running it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, TESSAs her sister, and she saved her. I tried to save her on the cliff, but she just fell over it fell off in died. It was horrible. Perhaps did you ever watch it?
Speaker 3: I watched bits of it, but not every single episode.
Speaker 4: I half remember the car falling off the cliff. Now, remind me why she had time. She had time to have a conversation with the system, but not time to get out of the car. Why couldn't she get that's how it goes down if.
Speaker 2: You got her leg?
Speaker 3: Was her leg was dark?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: Yes, saved her daughter in the backseat, and he couldn't favor.
Speaker 2: Like TV shows in the eighties were not very subtle when it came to killing off characters. You wouldn't when in the last twenty years as a TV character gone off a cliff in anything, you wouldn't have it be too ludicrous. And all those drugs there and they didn't care. All right, Jess, thanks for taking us.
Speaker 6: There with that one.
Speaker 2: Have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Some mornings it's I know it's.
Speaker 6: A dark store.
Speaker 2: We're in winter, right, but today it seems is it just me particularly dark?
Speaker 4: The blinds are down, though, are they?
Speaker 3: It's going to be cloudy today.
Speaker 2: That's it is, is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's cloudy today, gotcha, thank you very much?
Speaker 2: Bomb.
Speaker 3: Now I noticed when I took off this morning that the moon was very hazy because it was so cloudy you could hardly see them.
Speaker 2: That is one of those moon people people that bark at it during the night moon dancers and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Yesterday on the show, We've run out of time.
Speaker 2: We were taking so many calls about your grown up now what don't your mom and dad still know that? We decided to roll it over to a part two because there were so many coming in and Crawf was waiting in the wings eager to chat to us. Good morning, Crawf. I just got a text from All the Way. He's up early this morning, off to go take part in some charity.
Speaker 6: I'm not making this up. Sheep sharing.
Speaker 2: I'd love to have a go at That looks really hard work though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tough stuff.
Speaker 3: It's bad on your back. My grandfather was a sharer.
Speaker 2: Hang on, it's not one of your family tool stories again five hundred and half an hour.
Speaker 3: I don't know how many TV was a sharer.
Speaker 2: So I got this email that came in overnight late to the party from Ken mcgiven things your parents still don't know. One Saturday morning, Mom asked me to take my dad's good trousers down to the dry cleanings. Do you remember when our dad's had had simply a pair of where are my good trousers? That's a phrase. It reminds me of my dad growing up. These good trousers. I hopped on my bike and neatly placed them on the rack on the rear of the bike. I had about five k to ride. About halfway there, my bike suddenly came to a stop and he thrown me over the handlebars. When I looked back, the legs of my dad's trousers had dropped down and become lodged, lodged in the chain.
Speaker 6: Somehow, with a strago, managed to free.
Speaker 2: Them, with grease on them and a couple of chunks out of them as well. I continued on my way. When I got to the dry cleaners, I wrapped them in a bundle so they couldn't see the damage. Their pants were returned. The story is so good. My dad immediately flew into a rage. I blamed my dad got in the car and drove around there and had no am lighty row with them. Eventually, and reluctantly, the dry cleaners agreed to pay for news, and my mom was told never to take my good trousers to those dry cleaners. Ever again, every now and then they reminisced about this huge round the fallout they had, and I have to immediately leave the room. This was back in the late six Unfortunately, both my parents have passed away and I never had the courage to tell the Everett that is a wonderful rip your great mom and dad. But I love that And good trousers coming up next and we take your calls. Nine four one four one oh four three. You're a grown up? What stool? Don't your mom and dad know about you? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Now some of you want, obviously want to remain anonymous because if your parents still don't know this about you, there's a reason why decided to keep it. Sequently don't want it becoming getting out in the open on a radio show. Someone also emailed me the other night they don't want to come on air. A couple of years ago, they had a an enlargement, same more, an enlargement.
Speaker 3: They had the procedures, an enhancement, an enhancement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, top half, top half, your top half yere. Yeah, obviously if it's bottom half, then there's no good reason why your parents should know that. Uh, you know, they're not going to walk in if you you're a man and you had one of those male in larger procedures, are they real? You know he's had one here, don't you. There's not lot to talk about it, but the day he turned up and he's clearly a lot. He is packing, you know, and he's never been like that in the year I've worked he But anyway, I don't like the name names, but hugg he's back today at ten. I don't know. You always see them being advertised, so there must be.
Speaker 3: A market for implants. They do they do an implant, don't.
Speaker 2: They do they What do they put in there to bulcan?
Speaker 3: I don't like a curtain roger reegical one put to rot?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If I'm not sure about.
Speaker 3: This, I'm going to get on the Google machinery, So you're.
Speaker 2: Going to google male enhancement procedures they actually do.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not a doctor, but I have equipment now. I've seen medical stuff where they whack a rod in there.
Speaker 2: Every time we go to the airport, security. You're chat don't know a big deal. But I've got a rod operation.
Speaker 3: Putting it in there.
Speaker 2: Rod. Yep, you gonna be careful. You're gonna get struck by line.
Speaker 3: It's a flexible, flexible implant that consists of two rods that are placed, you know where there are no other parts to this implant, and then it goes on.
Speaker 2: But how does one sort of wake up the rods? We don't need to go there. Actually should have asked, you can do it anyway? This yes, this lady was saying to me. She'd had the top half an enhancement and enlargement and a couple year ago. Hasn't told him mom and dad, But obviously she's seen her mom and dad. They will know where big sweaters and jumpers come on. You're still gonna know, honestly, you would. You would know unless they like got cataracts or something like that. Or you just go to sit at the other end of the room. Mom and dad stay stay there, they're going to know.
Speaker 4: Crossing your arms all the while.
Speaker 2: All right, nine four one four one four three. What don't your parents still know about you? Let's go to Nicole. Good morning, Nicole Hill, I'm good Nicole, So do you want to change your name or you're right? This going out?
Speaker 12: No, that isn't it?
Speaker 2: Hashtag Friday thoughts. Nichole's her faint name. That's why I said that, all right, Nicole? So what don't your parents still know about you?
Speaker 11: My parents don't know that I didn't go to Taste for two years, although they paid for it.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. We saw this on Facebook yesterday and I had to speak to so I just want to There's a few questions, because this is extraordinary, this extra life you had, faking it to your mom and dad that you were at Tay for two years that they paid for. What did you do during the day.
Speaker 13: I actually look I tried to do the right thing.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 12: I was honest with him.
Speaker 13: I said to him, I didn't want to do it, but very determined to make me go. So instead I went, and I signed up for the doll and I looked for jobs during the day, and also went to the beach, mainly the beach.
Speaker 4: So when you came back home with the tan every day, how did you explain that you were meant to be somewhere in.
Speaker 2: Your feet and.
Speaker 13: You know, my children with those dam but no, you know, my taste was by the beach, so sure.
Speaker 4: And what was the course that you were meant to be doing? What's the skills you're meant to have?
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 13: It was a computer's course, which was actually only going to teach me how to teach computers.
Speaker 12: Or sell computers.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 8: And I didn't want.
Speaker 12: To do any of that.
Speaker 2: Nicole. That's amazing.
Speaker 6: My and dad still don't know.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievab all right, Nicole, thanks you cool, have a nice you can.
Speaker 11: Mate you too, Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, if you've got someone to share with a stain about what your parents still don't know about you known four one four one o.
Speaker 1: Four three The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Christian, My mum still doesn't know that I dropped a sausage roll in the duct of deducted heating about six years ago. Jess, how could you do that? Keep that crime quiet? Madonna, good morning. Obviously you're not Madonna. It's a faint name. We're trying to protect your identity here, Madonna.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, good morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Madonna. Welcome to the show. So Madonna, what don your parents still know about you.
Speaker 12: In very early nineties, I really wanted to be in exchange student in America. But at the time you needed a B grade average across all your grades in order to be able to be accept going to an exchange program, which I didn't have. I think I was good at PE, but that was about it. I had pretty much d's and e's across maths and science and all the good stuff. And so what I did is I got my report card, and back then it was a page per subject and written in pen. And I got the old liquid paper out could papered the the e's and d's and put a's and b's, and liquid papered out all the mean comments that the teacher said about me, about how disruptive and don't stop talking, et cetera. And I stapled it all back together, and I made it to America.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know where she's condoning forgery, but I mean it's not a major crime, is it. But I mean that's incredement. You got away with it.
Speaker 12: I got away with it. I was seventeen.
Speaker 4: Despite the enormous amount of suspicious corrections that the teacher.
Speaker 2: Made, this teacher was drunk.
Speaker 6: Paper everywhere.
Speaker 12: It wasn't even the fancy liquid paper pen that we've got nowadays. It was that like shitty crusty stuff in the little pot.
Speaker 2: I remember that stuff. It was like the sort of thing you plaster a wall with, wasn't it? Do you remember? Rough on your hand? And you could if you held up to light you could still see what it was plastered under it.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, that's where the photocopied come in and stay for it together and a word to treat genius.
Speaker 6: Now, Madonna, did you have a good time in America? Most importantly I did.
Speaker 12: I was in Philadelphia and yeah, so I was there for a year and a half, like skin of my visa f another six months.
Speaker 7: You want to come home?
Speaker 2: Now? Did you do that legitimately or did you fake that visa.
Speaker 4: As well as before?
Speaker 2: Master fortune? All right, Madonna, have a nice weekend. Thanks you going the show.
Speaker 12: Mate, Thank you, Thank you by.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So a couple of days ago, Jack Posts recommended that I take my daughters to go and see books smart tonight. It's getting rave reviews. Everyone raving about it, and it was saying it's another it's a really great original coming of age movies. And I love those teenage coming of age movies. For me growing up in the eighties, it was John Hughes gave us those are pretty and pink sixteen candles, really smart coming of age movies, and the nineties you had stuff like ten Things I Hate About You and I was the one Varsity Blues. In the naughties you had Super Bad and everyone's say now books smart is the now one. I then had a quick look yesterday just to check if it was appropriate for a twelve year old and a fifteen year old. Bang straight away mature fifteen. What he knows, I've got a twelve year old. Then I read what a great movie is when you've got friends who are all sex obsessed and horny. Those kids don't want that weather old man on a Friday night. They really don't want that experience.
Speaker 4: I thought, I kind of see you and Sarah as these cool parents who let their kids watch whatever they want and.
Speaker 2: Then reason you can't run it like that. He's so, I mean, I really want to go and see the movie myself now, because the all the.
Speaker 4: Viewers you'll love it. No you'll love it. It's not just for kids and teenagers. It's an awesome, funny film.
Speaker 2: And also long over dudes were coming of it movie written from the female perspective. Yeah, but then getting on one now too. But most of them are all the ones I've talked about. They're written about young teenage boys. It's like girls need those movies too, and the family book Smart is a great one for them. So I really want to go and see that. And my kids should be watching those kind of movies. Yeah, positive and sex positive and not about shaming.
Speaker 6: But well of them is twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that is a bit young. Yes, And it's just because your girls are so mature. Commendations, they're so mature and they conduct themselves like adults. Is probably where I went wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for trying to weely way out of it. And what I'm going to tell them is, I do I am aware that there's a craft fair on this weekend and a quilting fair, so I think I'm going to head in there this weekend on Friday night. Those kids need to appreciate the joy of embroidery and point work and needle work and cruche.
Speaker 4: Would you ever see a film say you went to book smart on your own this afternoon and then give the all clear and go, hey, that is they will be able to digest.
Speaker 2: This absolutely, Yeah, the kind of scan of it and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: What about Puberty Blues? What a great Australian book turned film I've not seen. Oh, you've got to say that.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant it. You thought it was a phase.
Speaker 3: You and Sarah have a look at that and see what you think.
Speaker 2: We talk about this now, what about puberty?
Speaker 6: We need to sit down. Have you got puberty blues?
Speaker 4: From what I remember of puberty blues, they were always shagging in the back of that V W Van. Wow, that's not a good thing.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 2: You're trying to force upon my impressionable young pommy daughters, corrupt their little imaginative minds. There were those movies, though, that we were exposed to wrong choice of words, that we were showing, or that we saw that we shouldn't have done at a far too young age, won't we? I mean, I think when I was growing up, it wouldn't pay that your parents cared about what movies you saw. There was no kind of It wasn't as filter as it is now where you worry a lot about what they're being exposed to and what they're seeing and stuff like that. You must have seen movies illegally or sneaking into cinema's pants that you were way too young to see.
Speaker 3: We've got the video once. All my older brothers got the video of Midnight Express. That's quite full on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there's that one scene, Yeah, isn't it when.
Speaker 3: He's visiting his girlfriend in the prison. Yeah, I was about fifteen. Probably shouldn't have seen it.
Speaker 6: No, there's no.
Speaker 2: Way, no way. But don't you remember the power of those movies when you've seen them, you're like, it's like, you shouldn't have seen it. There's an illicitness to him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember my dad sitting down with us to watch something that was like The Invisible Man, but probably not the famous Invisible Man. But it was about this kid who was invisible and he went into the change rooms of he was at high school, and he went into the girls change rooms and they were all naked, and I think my dad started perving on them.
Speaker 6: This is great.
Speaker 4: Wind that he turned it off because he didn't realize that kind of scene was Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on I met your old man. He loves those late night European SBS skin flicks. All right, give us a call this morning. Nine one four one o four three. You were too young? What movies should you not have seen?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So what movie were you? Definitely too young? You should not have seen it? Nine four one four one oh four three. Christian, we took our young kids to see The Kingsman, thinking it was a funny spy movie. Wrong. Yeah, I'm the same. I downloaded it to watch with the kids. Stopped after ten minutes when there's a really crude joke about a certain act, and I was like, what that's not in the trayer the kids, I don't think we should be watching. I went yet. I know, Christian RoboCop for me movie I shouldn't have seen A man literally dissolved into acid. I was twelve and it really traumatized me. Christian I was fifteen and I found a DVD one night in Paris.
Speaker 4: Is that the Paris Hilton One?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, Daniel. A Christian movie I shouldn't have watched when I was young was Caligular. I watched it when mum went out. Well, Caligular is basically how can I say this on the radio? A room about what the Romans used to like to do when they partied. It was very much I have free for all. Can we just leave it there, Let's go to Haley.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Haley, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 15: Hey you going?
Speaker 6: I'm good mate. I hope you've had a good week.
Speaker 2: Hailey.
Speaker 6: What was a movie that you shouldn't have seen?
Speaker 12: Ah?
Speaker 15: So, my dad wanted to spend some quality time with his two kids back in the day.
Speaker 12: I was trying.
Speaker 15: My brother was Tanny brought one of my brother's ten year old friends along as well to a double feature. The first movie was Mister and Missus Smith with Brad Pittman.
Speaker 12: Good Yeah, Classic, What's the Fun?
Speaker 15: Had a ten minute break, got some more popcorn and in Amityville Horror was the second one. We were so traumatized. I have a very distinct memory of looking over at my brother and his friend with their little hoodies, called up and.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 15: It was so scary.
Speaker 7: We were.
Speaker 15: We enjoyed horror films, but that was the next.
Speaker 12: Level we were.
Speaker 15: Now it's too much waterfied Yeah, it was a big jump up from like Jeepers, Creepers the were Wolves in London that we'd seen before.
Speaker 2: And also you don't get double bills anymore. Do a double bill where you could see two movies back to back.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was great. It was just a local cinema and it was a good noubt until that started and we couldn't sleep for months.
Speaker 2: All right, Haiti, thank you very much this story mate, have a good weekend.
Speaker 15: Thank you you too.
Speaker 6: By guys cheers.
Speaker 2: Let's get a Stewart on. Good morning Stewart, good morning are you? Yeah, we're good, welcome to the show. Thanks for cooling and what movie should you definitely not have seen?
Speaker 9: So my wife was overseas and I thought i'd be father of the year. I took the kids off to see ted thinking it was like Teddy Bear six and eight year old. The first scene comes up smoking a bong and the cinema.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is the Seth mcfarllen film. That is the guy who made Family Guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's no way classic. The worst part about it my son gets home and he was about six. He speaks to mum because she was overseas. She rings, that nighthouse everything. Dad took us to.
Speaker 7: The movies and what'd you see? You're Ted?
Speaker 9: Oh great, no worries. Mum watched Ted on the way home overseas on the aeroplane said.
Speaker 2: The scene he's having a bomb is.
Speaker 5: Yet the very first scene.
Speaker 2: I was going, oh my god, what have my dam So? What did you? Did? You pick them up and run out the cinema as quick as you coutely there was it was fall because this is swearing and everything else.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just yeah, it was. It wasn't good when I picked up the wife.
Speaker 7: I can assure you.
Speaker 2: All right, Stuart, thank you very much. You cool for yeah, all right, we're again. So many of these who carry them on after eight nine one o four three movies.
Speaker 6: You should not have seen the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You're quite right. Your back catalog, your extensive nolise or back catalog of Paris Hilton online movies.
Speaker 4: I just took a wild guess.
Speaker 2: It's the only time your movie knowledge has him. Bang on is about that dodgy thing that Paris Hilton got involved in. Shame on you, Jack Boast quite a few people calling the station shame on them and going Jack's right. That was one night in Paris. Was the Paris Hilton, also the name Paris Hilton. When was the last time many of us said Paris Hilton? She was like the kind of original Kardashian, wasn't she? There was? It was literally never a day went by when you didn't hear about the ongoing drama there was Parising. What's she up to now?
Speaker 4: She released a single, remember she had her own song, and then she drifted away after that.
Speaker 2: How many years ago do you think she was at peak?
Speaker 4: She came, well at her peak. She came out for the spring racing cart. You know how we bring a star out every year. We brought out Paris Hilton and she actually had a fleeing with one of our Australian idol contesters.
Speaker 2: Of course, I have to say with one of the fuzzy plays, I can imagine it now. All right, So we're gonna take some more calls about movies that you should not have seen. You know, when you're too young, you shouldn't have seen a certain movie. Jack wouls recommend that I take my twelve year old daughter to see books smart today. Just reading up on it, I've seen that there's a drug experience where one of them has a hallucinaritory trip as well.
Speaker 6: Jack, you forgot to tell.
Speaker 4: Me about Yes, sorry, I no longer when I recall the movie, I don't recommend it for a twelve year old, but the fifteen year old may be old enough.
Speaker 6: Okay, I tell the twelve year old to just close our eyes for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Katrina, Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I hope you well, Katrina, thanks to calling the show. What was the movie that you shouldn't have seen?
Speaker 8: I was taken to see the World according to Garp with Robin Williams when I was about seven years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's taking that movie. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So there's a particular adult scene in that movie that.
Speaker 12: Involves some people in the car.
Speaker 7: There's a bit of a car accident, ends up with a neck brace.
Speaker 10: So I'm sure you can remember that scene.
Speaker 2: Joining the docks.
Speaker 8: I can remember saying to my poor.
Speaker 11: Mother, mummy, what's happening and she's like, oh, oh, she's cutting his train out.
Speaker 15: And I will never.
Speaker 12: Ever forged it. My palm IM's not with us Aenil Moore, but I will never ever forget that page was horrified.
Speaker 2: It's a very quick say from your late great mum.
Speaker 6: I love that small woman indeed, all right, Katrina, lovely story. Don't you kill me?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 6: Right, thank you, nice weekend, Brett, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Are you doing, Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy. And what was the movie for you?
Speaker 10: Okay? It was my brother. He had a sweepover with one of his mates and he was in year eight, he was in year nine. I was in year seven, and we went down to local blockbuster, got some movies, but Dad had to obviously pay for them and everything like that, and my brother recommended Boogie Knights. He explained it as a night club movie, nightclubs and things. So Dad rented it none the officer and when you put it on it definitely wasn't about nightclubs so much more.
Speaker 2: Diggler and what a movie that was.
Speaker 7: That was a great movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great Snippert Reynolds and Mark Wolburg really really goat movie. All right, Brett, thank you very much, good one, Thanks mate, have a good weekend. Rod.
Speaker 14: Good Christian, how are you mate, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Right, Welcome to the show. Rod.
Speaker 6: What was the movie that you shouldn't have seen.
Speaker 14: Yeah, many years ago my parents went to the holiday at the Gold Coast and one of my mates that bought the old VHS video around and I said, you'll enjoy this is the Gangs of the movie and it was scar Boats.
Speaker 2: Finally, I mean there's a chainsaw scene. There's so much. It's really bad that movie. It's a great movie, but it is so full on and the.
Speaker 14: Thing is yearsy on the track. I ended up working as a tree whopper with the mate, and every time he brought the chains and a the back of the you don't getting flashed back.
Speaker 2: Thankfully. That was the only thing he took away from the movie. When you said years later, I thought you said years later. I became a big cokecad had more than because you're Australian, a rod.
Speaker 6: Have a good weekend. Thanks your story mate.
Speaker 14: Oh thanks Christian.
Speaker 1: Bye The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Christian movie I shouldn't have seen? Late seventies trilogy of Terror Adult Came to Life? Was it any any movie that a dog comes to life? Chucky? That little thing nightmares for years? Leave it now? Doll came to a life chasing the owner with a knife. I was eight. How did any of us survive the eighties? It's still America? I think? All right, it's time now for knock off Friday. The most of one question you get asked on a Friday, and you ask you what colleagues anybody's is simply what time are you knocking off today? It's the official start to our weekend. It's all about when are you knocking off today? Very simple to jump on board. You simply tell us what time you are knocking off today. God will tell us what you' knocking off to go and do. But most importantly, what time are you knocking off today? It is time for knockoff Friday nine four one four, one oh four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The biggest most warman question on a Friday is simply what time are you knocking off? So every Friday on the show we could a knockoff Friday. You just call us up and you tell us what time you're knocking off. All right, there's a chat and see what time you're knocking off today?
Speaker 6: ANGELA good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Angela? Are you will?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 12: Great?
Speaker 6: Now, Angela, what time are you knocking off?
Speaker 8: I'm knocking off at one pm today and I'm asked to the MCG to watch my tigers pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what a massive game. Eighty thousand people down at the g tonight. And you think the die, you think the Pies can beat the you think the Tigers give beat the Pies.
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: You opened that revolt and Clancy sorry what's his name? What's that?
Speaker 6: Young Tom Lynch can play well today?
Speaker 8: Yep, our twin Towers they're going to go well. And yeah, he's hoping we can take home the full points.
Speaker 2: I know the last couple of weeks Tigers have just sort of woken up again. You'll be getting better and better.
Speaker 8: Absolutely the sleeping giant we're calling us.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, okay, all right, well listen, enjoy the game tonight, Angela.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much, have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. All right, let's go to Sam.
Speaker 2: Sam.
Speaker 6: What time you knocking off today?
Speaker 8: Christian?
Speaker 12: How are you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm good, Sam, really good.
Speaker 2: Sam.
Speaker 6: It says that you've knocked off already and you're in the pub. I wish knocking off today, Sam.
Speaker 12: I'm knocking off at one thirty today.
Speaker 2: One thirty? How come? So what's what's as bad as my hours?
Speaker 8: I'm just work in a little coffee shop and that's when I end at one thirty.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I know some Melbourne coffee shops. I just close up on three or two o'clock working day mail.
Speaker 6: All right, but listen, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 10: Yeah you too?
Speaker 2: All right Sam, Sam conducts all conversations like that, everybody.
Speaker 6: Let's going to carry coome On and Kerry Born.
Speaker 5: In Christian Hey you gang, happy.
Speaker 2: Frye happy fry And what time you knocking off? Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm not till five thirty.
Speaker 6: That's not good as you've got a whole day to get through.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, have a great weekend, carry you too, Thank you? All right, Let's go to Glenn coome On and Glen Good.
Speaker 5: Hey, how are we?
Speaker 2: I'm good Glenn. You're a truck driver in Cramwell. What time are you knocking off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I should hopefully get home by about six thirty to night for a twelve hour day.
Speaker 2: Andy, are you're a big Tigers fan as well?
Speaker 8: I'm not a Tigers fan, but I do drag for them whenever they're playing a time that I don't like.
Speaker 2: Let's telling me about the pies, isn't there? Absolutely absolutely sorry Eddie? All right, Glenn, nice one, have a ereat weekend. Enjoy, Thank you very much. Let's got a Susan before we get on the news. We've got time for you, Susan. What time are you knocking off? Mate? Hi?
Speaker 12: Christian?
Speaker 11: I finish at four o'clock today.
Speaker 6: Four o'clock and what are you up to?
Speaker 2: You're going to go and get a drink or you're doing something great tonight, hope, Well.
Speaker 12: Go get a drink at the local RSEL get in and.
Speaker 6: While they got down to the RSL tonight, what to wait you?
Speaker 12: They have meat tray raffels. You can win twenty slabs.
Speaker 4: If you're lucky, twenty slas.
Speaker 2: You've got to get the jaker can Yeah, and you get twenty He slams of beer.
Speaker 12: That's it the maximum? But could we need you pick the jacob.
Speaker 2: Just that RSL is a so what we're doing super sizonally up to twenty t I can't compete with a meat rapperent. If we said we're going to have it the twenty slabs of beer. That's how we're going to get to number one in this city.
Speaker 4: Twenty then we would really see the phone melting that Well, that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to speak to the boss about this, Susan. This has been a very interesting phone call. Susan, have a great weekend. Good luck in the meat Raffle tonight.
Speaker 12: I will thank you you enjoy your weekend as well.
Speaker 2: I thank you. I well with sadly go nowhere near meat Raffle. Do you think we should have a night one night will we give away? We should we host a meet Raffle listener Meat Raffle The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So I've been saying all week Aha and Rick Astley, your headline is next year at are Down the Green out at Rochford Wines February the twenty second and Margaret Court Arena on the twenty third. Tickets gone south today and very lucky now to be joined live from the UK two. One of the stars of the eighties still touring the world now suning brilliant Rick Astley, Hello.
Speaker 7: Rick, Hi, Christian, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. Listen, Rick, thank you very much for freeing up some time. I know it's late in the evening in England.
Speaker 7: O worries pleasure see.
Speaker 2: Come into Australia, which is great news. Hopefully we can persuade you do a few more shows while you're out here.
Speaker 6: You must be excited. I mean, have you gigked here before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been to Australia a number of times, obviously back in the day, and yeah, I really really enjoy it. I think there's a sense of human thing you must be finding that. You know, there's a connection that we can all have. We all watched a lot of the same TV shows and stuff, and I just think there's a bit of banter that you can have with an audience that doesn't just speak English, because obviously they speak English in America as well, but it's a different thing with Australia. There is a different thing. There's a feeling that we have and a connection, I think. So that is one of the amazing things with what I'm still doing in my fifties now, and that is getting to places in the world that I never thought i'd see again. Really, other than possibly on a family holiday or something during me and I'm actually I'm going there to sing my old tunes and maybe a couple of new ones. So it's pretty crazy with me, do you know.
Speaker 2: I think you know, we've had Bohemian Rhapsody, You've got Elton John rocket Man movie next year, Rick Astley, the movie that wasn't response to us.
Speaker 7: After Rick, I'll tell you what, Yeah, it'd be about twenty four minute movies where we left. Short film is a short film, No, I mean, listen, I had a great time back in the day when it was all happening, and then I kind of, you know, I quit while agoing was good and well, well, I think I was kind of ahead and before people kind of, you know, threw me out the back door. I walked out the back door kind of thing, and I stopped throughout fifteen years. And I think that's one of the reasons that I have a healthy attitude about doing it now. I'm not afraid of the word nostalgia, and I'm not afraid of singing my old songs and hanging on to that and everything, because at the end of the day, I'm still here doing it and enjoying it. And so therefore that equation works for me, do you know what I mean? But no, I don't think people have been making movies about me in particular. I wouldn't have thought maybe there's a stockaching Waterman movie. I'll tell you that that'd be interesting. Yeah, true, the script editors on that.
Speaker 2: I tell me this. A lot of the bands and artists in the eighties sometimes there were these kind of petty small rivalries. There was one between you two and Simple Minds. Did you have any little rivalries going on between the anybody else in the eighties? Why? What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 2: What started that?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 7: I'm joking because I'm going to be doing some gigs in Australia with them. No, I'm not like, to be honest, I never had a fall out with anybody. I'm just not like kind of a guide, do you know what I mean? It would take a lot to kind of rumble me, I think and get me on the wrong side of somebody, because I'm just you know, I don't. Don't get me wrong, I'm not. I don't. I don't go around trying to be everyone's best friend. But I don't. I think I'm quite easy to get along with. I think so I don't really I can't give you any gossip there. I can make some stuff up if.
Speaker 6: You like, you know what I mean, that'd be great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we can get it on the internet and you can sell a few more tickets. Yeah. Listen, I've got a challenge for you when you when you're over, I'd love you to come in on the show. And I've seen you live a couple of times and i'd love you to do this challenge. Though I see myself as the real reason I moved to Australia was to spread the word about Rick Astley, and I'm part of your advance party. What I'd like for you is if if you would come in on the show, would you sing a song live for us?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Of course, oh yeah, no from great Absolutely.
Speaker 6: There's another part of this question.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you a choice of three classic TV theme tunes over the next couple of months. I'd like you.
Speaker 6: I'll give you the choice, Rick.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can either do come in and sing the Flintstones all the theme tune, Sesame street Man, That's a cracker all this one now, this is the story all about it. I've got upside down and yeah.
Speaker 7: I couldn't. I couldn't do I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Throwing that one out flint Stones or Sesame Street?
Speaker 7: What are you going to do Sesame Street? I think I think the Sesame Street thing was just way cool. I think it was really it had a really good groove to that. So yeah, it has to be Sesame Street.
Speaker 2: Have we got a deal? Yeah right, yeah, of course I'll do my bit. Now I'll start shifting tickets. I'm going to go on the streets one of those big sandwich boards. Cassley is coming Rick lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 6: We'll see you, Yeah, cheers, I'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks very bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: Before I go into this email, I need to share with you guys. First of all, I Jack and Pats, so you're both a huge thanks for your help yesterday.
Speaker 3: Doing what I know you really did you know?
Speaker 2: Yesterday I was asking an opinion. I said, I wasn't very happy We've got to get a new TV. But my wife differs from me that I think the TV is the star of any room and all the furnitures should be arranged to worship the TV. My wife doesn't see it like that, and she researched and found something, in my opinion, terrible that there was a TV. But it looks like it's a piece of art or a large photo and you unclip the front of it, what's behind it?
Speaker 4: It's a TV, But I don't think that's how it works. I think it displays a picture on the screen.
Speaker 2: I may not have all the facts, but in my heart, I mean, I want to watch.
Speaker 6: Forged in the Fire, oh Colombo.
Speaker 2: But so three in the afternoon, I could unclip some fake so people are going to go in and go.
Speaker 6: He's got a money UFC.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yesterday I go home and it's the day that were meant to go and buy this thing. And I'm in a real grum and I go, look, okay, I know you want to do this. I think we just get a TV and we're overthinking it. And I also said I said that I asked Pats and Jack and and she actually defers, she thinks you're the more intelligent ones on the show. Was actually interested to say, well, you know, to know what they thought. Sad Chack was the same as me. It's a terrible idea, and she goes, yeah, but your boys exactly sexist. And then she goes, what the pats think, Perhaps I'm afraid to so I, like Pat said, it's really sort of, you know, a bit naff.
Speaker 4: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: People will think you're like snobby kind of.
Speaker 3: You know, did not define me. It's a beautiful Sarah.
Speaker 2: And she was like, oh really, I went, yeah, and there's quite a few texts coming in and stuff like, you know, I don't think it will do the show. Any favors of this got out, and you know, people think us pommies are a bit sort of pretentious. Anyway, we live in Hampton. You know, it's your I know what you got to do with the women with women. As you just sprinkle a little bit down in that brain, it goes into that kind of optimizer overdrive.
Speaker 6: And she goes, oh god, maybe we should just get a TV.
Speaker 3: I went, it's your decision, a reverse psychology.
Speaker 2: I walked away, left the old you're comes back an hour later. Yeah, do you know what now? You mentioned I've been chatting to a couple of friends of mine and there's she can never give me the win, give me the win, but I just want to thank you guys.
Speaker 6: I guess when I went and brought yesterday.
Speaker 4: Normal TV TV.
Speaker 2: It's not a moda, it's a glorious, beautiful, shiny TV. Yeah, so excited. So I just want to say thanks. That's all guys. We haven't got time for the email now.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: All right, today's that work time waster. You just heard us chatting to Rick Asley.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget that Rick has agreed on this show just twenty minutes ago that he will come in when he's here the next year in February to do down the Green with Aha, that he's going to sing his Rick Assi's version of Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: Now do we know is he going to do a backing track or does he bring in a guitar or keyboard? What does he play?
Speaker 2: Well? When I'm sitting back on the reck Alive, it's mainly ricking a microphone with other people doing all of that.
Speaker 6: And he's got a big, powerful soul voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Bringing the band then, I reckon, bring a full band?
Speaker 2: Can we call up? Do you know anyone that the Melbourne Philharmonic Orchestra. I don't. Well, we don't worry. It's not until February. That's so we've got time to make all this happen. So we give you a pair of tickets. Tickets are on sale right now. We'll give you a pair as well. Today's at work time, waster is well? All this talk about the eighties and Rick Astley and Naha ruin an eighties song, I've got You're not welcome to the jungle ever strong start agreed, it's actually good, thank you patronizing good, I'm pretty in pink I that's good too. Hit me with your pet shark. We built this website on WordPress.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 6: Sweet, dreams are made of fish.
Speaker 2: When dogs cry, I think when dogs cry is sadder no disrespects r Ip Prince than when doves cry.
Speaker 6: Can't rery my handwriting on this. It must be terrible.
Speaker 2: Raspberry b day and someone's had an accident, and sweet the child isn't mine?
Speaker 4: Oh all right?
Speaker 2: What have you got Jackie boy for Ruin an eighties song mine it's sadly all what you would call boy him? Oh no, I was spoken to you before. Okay, come on then love sack all right, triple emster I rolled up, then.
Speaker 4: Total eclipse of the fart. Come on now this one I do like blistering the bum. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Thanks for Sam Newman for bringing on his jokes from nineteen eighty two. All right, text to your horse oh four seven five three one oh four three ruin an eighty song The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 6: Not easily offended, but I'm telling it out.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while a text will come through that is not broadcastable, but it's so rude and actually takes this DJ's breath away. Harry, I'm talking to you now.
Speaker 4: There will be no time waster for anybody because of that.
Speaker 2: Harry, You're gonna have to stay late, all right.
Speaker 6: So today's that word.
Speaker 2: Time waster is ruin an eighties song Sadly Jason and North Melbourne is following on the toilet humor that Jack broke out earlier, owner of a lonely fart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great, Gold, No.
Speaker 2: It is not gold, only encouraged that not another day in paradise.
Speaker 4: That's clever, that's all right. Silver.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, that's smart, that's smart. You can't you're going to reward owner of a lonely.
Speaker 4: Fart hard because I can hear the lyric like owner of a lonely.
Speaker 2: Far thing twice not another day. And there you go.
Speaker 6: Everybody wants to ruin the world.
Speaker 4: Silver Plus.
Speaker 6: That's actually very profound.
Speaker 2: You think about the line of Boris Trumpy sty of the tiger.
Speaker 4: Sivil Plus crystals wear enough over there, grip the creativity, so.
Speaker 6: Express post yourself.
Speaker 4: Don't get it, Bronze, you.
Speaker 2: Know, express yourself, Madonna, express post you.
Speaker 4: It's all right.
Speaker 2: They can't get the lyric everyone, and all of a sudden, I want to dance with nobody. Silver Plus love snack baby, love.
Speaker 4: Snack, Gold for the enthusiasm put into the performance.
Speaker 2: Hit me with your best pot Gold pimple rain plus Farmer Chameleon.
Speaker 4: That's a gold.
Speaker 2: I don't need you tonight. Bronze, every bread you bake for some reason, funny Gold. I should be so unlucky, Bronze. And I've been staring at this.
Speaker 6: I don't know whether it's my Friday brain.
Speaker 2: Pebble, pebble rebel. I got it now, Anthony, Well.
Speaker 4: Pebble pebble, not that funny Silver?
Speaker 2: Who is who is getting the who is getting the shorness just sent another filthy one that almost road out there? Bye? Have you seen that top of the top one for Laura Brannigan?
Speaker 4: No, you can't say that.
Speaker 6: No, who's getting the tickets are down the green Now?
Speaker 4: I just gave on gold plus and I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: It was the flatulence one you like?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, there was a better one than not Another day in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Well that the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three team.
Speaker 6: What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 2: Patsy? What are you going?
Speaker 3: We have family coming for lunch tomorrow. They're driving four hours, which will absolutely explode your brain.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you casually do this in a day for lunch. If we drove for four hours just to go for lunch, we'd have to stay for a couple of days to recharge the back before doing the shoes trek again.
Speaker 3: Four hours in Aubury up on the border with VIC and New South Wales. Oh wow, and we're going for young Chart.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely.
Speaker 3: They love young Chat so much and they haven't got good young Chart in the bush, so they're coming down so that'll be nice.
Speaker 2: And will they stay with you? Please? Don't tell me after.
Speaker 3: We're flying out to broom going on holiday. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, oh, it's lovely, Jack. What are you up to?
Speaker 4: I've got date night this weekend and I'm actually going to replicate exactly the boys night that you and I had with producer Brad last Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's right.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're going to the same establishments. I had so much fun last Suturday.
Speaker 2: I loved it. But the thing is, I want to go about that, but I want to go back with you guys hard.
Speaker 4: Is it a boys class?
Speaker 2: I don't think it is. I just think what you've now got a comparison. Well, and once you've been out with the heat that's me and old man Goo, it is once you've been once she's won for a legendary night out that went on into eleven thirty four. The radio is brackpack. I'll disuspect to me and because she's lovely, but it's hard for to jump into that crazy. What's going to happen next? Probably very little. We just have some more drinks.
Speaker 4: Well, I came home from the cocktail bar, which we all loved. And maybe it was the cocktails talking, but I promised her straight away that I would take her back there. I said, we had so much fun. And so this Saturday, we're going to do the fried chicken.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see you are going as well. You haven't seen each other for two weeks. You're going to treat the lovely lady to a fry chicken dinner in a fake.
Speaker 3: Plastic, nice big dinner chick.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's nice, but you can't be taken out day night for fried chicken. Maybe if you're fifteen and it's your first game again and you got some pocket money, come.
Speaker 4: On, A date night can be casual. It's not like she's going to wear a ballgn just because it's date night.
Speaker 2: Oh, she can't go with that greasy old chicken. Well I want to do is I want you to rate and compare on Monday?
Speaker 4: Okay, how it was the boys version versus the date version?
Speaker 2: I want a report? Okay, all right now, don't want to go, don't ask me what I'm up too, Lovely.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Gold one O four point three Christian O'Connor Reckford show, just leaving a little gap there for either of you to ask me what I'm up to this weekend.
Speaker 3: Nobody doing this weekend?
Speaker 2: Forget it, We're done. Have a great weekend, everybody. I hope you work with work colleagues that actually care about.
Speaker 4: No I do want to know, what are you doing telling you you don't care?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 6: On today's show is Wake Up the Rods.
Speaker 2: You guys are back with me Monday morning, sixth But of course I'm back here tomorrow morning sharpish at seven am with the best of the not so bad bits on the show. Somehow they fitted a studio into my car because I'll also be driving my daughter to play footy. Thanks Coach Crawl for arranging a game at Wheelers Hill that I've got to be there for eight am from where I live in Hampton Here, it's about an hour's drive. I've got to get lowest there for eight That.
Speaker 4: Was the thing always about school sport and when I was a kid playing sports, the long drives you have to go to. Research is a place that I don't know. It used to be farmland. Maybe it's built up now, But when we played basketball, out there. My mom was like, oh God.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I'm gonna have to get up about half six tomorrow morning. I keep saying, the kid try and be worse at sports. Won't get it, okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three