Speaker 1: Melbourne, Christian.
Speaker 2: Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Showtime at the third will be save darsal. We're in my kitchen. Oh well, you even know when you need a bit of cork.
Speaker 5: I hope they're not hearing this. Well that's been in your paleo bread.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago on the show, I was talking about personal markers, morning markers that you have if you're regularly up this time of the morning. I have one as well. If I'm not saying hello to you by about six minutes past six, seven minutes past six, something's gone wrong. I'm saying hello to you today. It's eleven minutes past six. Jack, we've been in since half five. How are we late for the start of the show. I don't understand. Plus apologies. If you've been listening before the six o'clock news, you would have heard Brand the producer think of the best thing to do is to start dire Straits, a long, dire straight song. Then realize the air of his ways and kill it.
Speaker 5: Try and try to fade it out and fade something else.
Speaker 4: I don't think he tried to fade out is pressed to kill switch. So yeah, apologies, we are late for the song. I don't know one apologize. It's not you care.
Speaker 5: Well, the onus is usually on us because after six o'clock we kind of slowed down the usual time stops of news at six thirty seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Dare you?
Speaker 5: That's well? That is ours the same mate every day.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, I hit those junctions sixtty news is roughly is roughly there or not? Seven o'clock has always banged on the seven o'clock news, and.
Speaker 5: Then we drift out during eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: Ready does that happen? But I appreciate it must have happened occasionally.
Speaker 5: But there's no overnight show that is running late, so there's really no excuse to not be here, right, how.
Speaker 4: We late starting today's show anyway? On today's show, then we got more simple Mind tickets for you and three mates. That's at seven thirty week eight and ten weeks of tickets. Yesterday I mentioned this in passing how Jack told me that our producer Brat, Let's not forget this is the producer who basically got the job on the show because he's got the number of the swearing parent. It's always always there, break breaking glass. In case of emergency, we've got that swearing parent lined up a bossleaves of a ever quiet show. So how did he tell you about is having no cartlidge in his knee or no brain?
Speaker 5: We were running through the list of casualties from your wife's party on Saturday night, so you got to saw back. Pats is still away.
Speaker 4: Still can't talk. She called it yesterday. She claimed that she wasn't able to talk to me, but happy to just give me some WhatsApp messages for an update.
Speaker 5: So she's in a bad way. And then Brad said that he had to ic his knee all of Sunday because he was dancing on the dance floor. But he's got no cartilage in his knee and his knee was very sore the next day.
Speaker 4: So I dismissed this. Didn't think it was possible. And I've had quite a few messages from listeners also have no cartilage in their knee. How have you got no cartlage in your knee? Well?
Speaker 6: I was the under twelve C grade football champion.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, here we go. How many guys have I met the last year and a half. What I call the could have been a contenders that a knee or something blew out, or a shoulder blew out. Otherwise they would have gone all the way and would have been bigger than Dusty Martin. Yep.
Speaker 5: You haven't even had the pleasure of my dad telling you his story about how he almost played for Collingwood. That's for another day.
Speaker 6: So the Saints almost could have had you, Yeah, yeah, and and twisted and wrenchman knee and then it got stuck. So my knee was stuck at forty five degrees and I had to hop off the ground, took them back.
Speaker 4: They tried to straight Come on, this isn't some sort of road runner cartoon. You don't get knees stuck at forty five degrees.
Speaker 6: Yep, they tried to straighten it. He couldn't straighten it, so but the pain was so much that then went it got so swollen. For two weeks they couldn't operate.
Speaker 4: And this was in the ninety hundreds when they would hold a person down and operating table met them biting a wooden spoon and saw the leg off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they put a leech on your knee, didn't.
Speaker 4: They That's why he's got a wooden leg. And so the cartilage had got stuck broken.
Speaker 6: It's a a round little disc, the miniscus, and it got stuck and jammed the bones together. I've got about an eight inch scar on one side of my knee where they came in, and I was in plaster from my groin to my toes for about three months.
Speaker 5: Geez, that's pretty bad for a year old. Kids are So.
Speaker 4: Just take a moment for what could have been one of AFL's greatest players. Let's just take a moment. Let's all take a knee like a candle for Brown Hume would have been one of Saints' greatest plays, established them when you were playing, well, no one is even playing AFL. No, No, it was Mangrel all right. So the morning I want to know what is missing in you? So first of all, we start with producer Bread. No cartilage in is Brad? Is it left or right knee? Leftnie? Left knee Leftnie. Okay, you're going to get missing you. I've got no tonsils had to removing on was about twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that would be a common one. I've got a super common one. No wisdom teeth? What at like?
Speaker 4: I didn't think the kind of stories we might get today. I didn't think anyone would even cool up with no wisdom teeth, small fish.
Speaker 5: They took my stomach out. You want me to make something up? I haven't had anything taken out to my wisdom teeth, got teeth, it's a thing a kid would say.
Speaker 4: I didn't think an adult would even pick up the phone to call the show. I once had a two thousands.
Speaker 5: Not only that, I lost all my baby teeth, so I don't have any of them any more.
Speaker 4: And that is today's promo right there, back tomorrow morning from six? What is missing in you? What have you got missing in you? Other than wisdom teeth and cartilage in your left knee? What have you got missing in you? Nine four one four three Give us a call.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So brad Our producers got no cartilage and is left knee? Do you know what? There's a separate phone in one day about why you didn't go all the way to be a AFL. But they could have been, There could have been, there'd be a whole list. Now, I think every other or even higher than that, maybe even higher than every other man in Melbourne has got some story about his shoulder, knee, eye, an ear injury that stopped and getting those high marks or something and going to be a full time player for Carton and'sert team name here right now, they're asking you what is missing in you? Brad's got no cartilage, it has left knee. What have you got missing in you? Nine four one four one O four three, Neil.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning christ Now are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, buddy. I hope you well. Thanks the Cooler show. So what's missing in you? Neil?
Speaker 1: Sign is your producer? I've got no cartilage, but I once I got no medial, anterior or serial ligaments to me either.
Speaker 4: Now I'm no doctor, but aren't those all the bits to hold the knee and allow forward and sidewards movement? Correct?
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. It happened the nine eighty four plan basketball, which I could have been like bread and probably gone to the NBA in five.
Speaker 4: You could have been planning now for the Knicks. You could have been.
Speaker 1: Exactly yeah, Lebron, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what's what's holding you together?
Speaker 1: Get bone on bone.
Speaker 4: Talent today's show. There has been given to us by you, Neil bone on bone.
Speaker 1: And that's that's actually uh the top of the bottom. They has worn a little in each other. Yeah, little groove because I had a small hip. Operations cup easier and the surgeon that Ipworth was surprised that he could have put me in and out the whole.
Speaker 4: Time, taken photos of you, like for a future conference in Miami. Yea case study in Kennedy.
Speaker 1: He showed me on the big screen year.
Speaker 5: But but you're not on crutch, are in a wheelchair? You're just walking around?
Speaker 1: N I play basketball for the next thirty or Jews with a big steel brace. I mean they take me ste steel steel brace. We're still a rod down down the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that allowed? I mean the only have rules about this. You can't go out on the novall with like a steel brace. I start clattering into people.
Speaker 5: You don't even have long nails basketball, let alone have a steel brace around your leg with spikes coming out of it.
Speaker 4: Put that still the back of someone's back the.
Speaker 1: Way I seeing you A couple of guys over and you know what was there a bed of luck?
Speaker 4: Come on? He fell on my knee. But you must you must be an agony, bone on bone friction.
Speaker 1: Nothing there, She's all over. So I just got to do.
Speaker 4: You know what Australians are tough is just lifting a couch and hurt my back put me out of action for two days. If I was just you had, I'd be off year with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, wie can.
Speaker 5: You walk find do you have a fall over? Top ale over?
Speaker 1: And then we're walking with the with the wife. I can just sort of just via the to the to the right. Yeah, in the neeges of it. But other than that, yeah, I'm fine. I still run around with the kids and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, amazing, You're you're you're a hero. You're Australian of the Year. What a great call, Neil, lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Mate, nor thank lot.
Speaker 4: All right, we squeeze one more in before the news headlines Anthony, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, good morning, Jack morning.
Speaker 4: That's to calling the show mate. What's missing in you? Then?
Speaker 7: I have no spleen.
Speaker 4: You've got no spleen? How come you got no spleen? You're born with that.
Speaker 7: When I was fifteen, I went over the handlebars on my pushbike doing about forty k's and a ruptured my spleen and had internal bleeding.
Speaker 4: So they whip it out. And then what is the spleen needed for the human body?
Speaker 7: Actually you use it for your immune system, right, So if I get a cold, I actually get pretty sick, but I try to stay pretty healthy and stuff like that. So also broke my ribs and I've lost caught a lot of blood too.
Speaker 4: You would do if you hurt your speen and can they replace it? Tell me this, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: And just make sure you keep your immune system up to date and have your regular flu shots and stuff like that, and.
Speaker 4: So pretty much in an average year that Anthony, you're you're pretty much okay with this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I've been like that. I've been like that for thirty five years. I'm still kicking them.
Speaker 4: Don't know what this phone in? What's it called? How tough our Australia. So our last guy here has got no knee virtually, this guy's got no spleen, just carrying on walking around us in plain view. It's incredible. You're another hero, Anthony, Thank you very much. All right, this is great Anthony, have a good day mate, thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 2: Jeus mate, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: What is missing in You? Some more that have come in on text Tony Edwards, good morning. Tony's got no lens in his right eye. So at the moment on our leaderboard of what is missing in you? Who have we had so far? We've got two great calls this morning.
Speaker 5: So Neil has no ACL, no PCL and no MCL in his knee. Essentially he's got nothing his need except his term bone on bone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just bone on bone and a little bit of sellotape holding him all together.
Speaker 5: But he's still walking around. And Anthony is.
Speaker 4: One of the wizards of odds.
Speaker 5: Has no spleen after a bike accident when he was a teenager.
Speaker 4: All right, there's that Tony then, who's got no lens in his right eye, so many can't see. How his right eye off focus. I'm not sure what that would mean. Joe's dad has no knee cap on the left knee.
Speaker 5: How do you lose a cap?
Speaker 4: I don't know whether it's been taken out our decorator. This comes from our decorator, who's here at the moment listening to this. I love this. I don't know. Our decorator claims that whenie, I'm not laughing at this but okay, obviously serious voice. Our decorator claims that when he had a heart attack and fell off his bicycle, the hospital informed him was he where he had no hips? This seems very odd, Christian, as he's walking around my house painting and decorating for the last week, but he's just informed me he's got no hips.
Speaker 5: Oh well, where does the hips start and finished?
Speaker 4: I don't know. How can you be walking around and a professional painter and decorator with no hips. Shakira needs to do a follow up to these hips. Don't lie with there are no hips.
Speaker 5: Nick, go do us a favor. Go on poking where the hips would be and tell if if it's just flesh or if you can feel a.
Speaker 4: Bit, can you tap bone out the hip bone? Surely that can't be right. All right, let's take some more calls. Margaret, good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you have you well? Margaret? Thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 8: That's okay, all right?
Speaker 4: What's missing in you? Margaret? My stomach all right, how so how come what large smaller testing?
Speaker 8: I lost my whole my whole stomach. I had a tumor on the top of it. And nine and a half months ago the tumor went. He took the stomach with him because he'd infiltrated it. So they brought my small intestine up to my esophagus and now I have about ten small meals a day.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Wait, that's incredibley can no, I have no appetite and I don't for me, I don't have a first ever, so I just have to put fuel in my body all day.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. Margarete obviously a very strong woman. And Margaret tell me this, did you have cancers that the tumor was? Can? I ask?
Speaker 8: Yes? They found a cancer's tumor on the top of my stomach at the junction of my esophagus and stomach last year. So I had temo for four months and then I had surgery. So they were able to operate, which was very good. I'm here to tell the tale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, saved your life from what a strong person you are then to get through all that. Now you sound in great spirits everything Okay, Now are you on top of your treatment and medication.
Speaker 8: I'm doing a little bit more treatment because a couple of little cells split off at surgery. But I'm doing a little bit of more chemo treatment. But I'm getting through it. And I have to say, without the help of the wonderful stuff at Cabrini Malvin and Brighton, it's been a big journey, but I'm getting there.
Speaker 4: So yes, Cabrini Melvin. I met their staff there for the first time Sunday. That's where I got none of it, I did you. That's where I got non rushed too with my bad back. Yeah, very good place. They're fantastic toe you, and I'm glad I've.
Speaker 8: Never been in I've never been in hospital up until last year. And as I said to one of the girls yesterday, now and not all the corridors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you could lead to everyone out if there was a fire there, and.
Speaker 8: Said, yes, I can get round, Yeah, I can beat the emergency car hoard.
Speaker 4: So Margaret, then, so you have to have ten small little meals. What's a small meal?
Speaker 8: Then little meals, Yes, just lots of little meals. So I've brought out all my grandmother's old little bowls and so I ate little meals out of the little bowls.
Speaker 4: Grandmother's had little are years ago?
Speaker 8: Have they had dainty?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: I know what you mean they did? Yeah? You Nana always had a posh kind of cutlery. She would go out visits.
Speaker 8: And size and not main course.
Speaker 4: Right. Okay, well listen, Margaret, thank you very much, a cool look after yourself.
Speaker 8: Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Take care Margaret, thanks a lot, Ross, good morning morning. Okay, Christian, Hey, I am good buddy. What's missing in you? Ross?
Speaker 10: My kidneys?
Speaker 4: No kidneys?
Speaker 10: How come I diagnosed ten years ago with a kidney disease and ended up having a transplant two and a half years ago.
Speaker 4: And do you have to have like regular monthly dialysis?
Speaker 10: No, no dialysis? Just I was lucky enough that my brother donated one of his kidneys to me.
Speaker 4: How we gave up on it? And so did he volunteer it or did you have to sort of take him out for a few beers ago? Listen, you know I need to borrow something. In fact, I'm not ever going to return it. But the kidney situation, and go, oh come on please? Is there no one else? Okay? You can have the left one? No one like the left one. Which one you can have? The right one? Did he volunteer it?
Speaker 10: He volunteered. But now I've got to take me out for a few years or whatever he wants.
Speaker 4: He's got that over you for live. Hey, come on, I gave you a kidney.
Speaker 10: But I'm a bit opposite to some of your other cause because I actually just returned from competing in the World Transplant Games. So I got stuck into my sport after I had my transplant, and I was lucky enough to win four golds and two silvers, and it was in New Counsel.
Speaker 5: Just awesome.
Speaker 4: What events are You didn't even know there was a World Transplant Games. This is incredible swimming.
Speaker 10: So I ended up here with three world records as well.
Speaker 4: So you're the Michael Phelps of the Transplant Games. That's some hall there. So what do you just decide dn ross too like it? Because you either you just embraced it and you went for it, decided to own it and get on with it.
Speaker 10: That's it exactly.
Speaker 5: And then does your brother take some of the credit for the gold medals, because I mean a bit of it was him.
Speaker 4: Six months yea, he gets one of the medals and he has to give it back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, credit, not a little bit of credit.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. See do you still compete now?
Speaker 10: I have done it with man tell you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's amazing and that's so lovely to hear. What a lovely story between and do you still compete now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 4: So when's the next Transplant Games? We've got to get across it.
Speaker 10: Well, we've got the Australian Transplant Games coming up next year in Tasmania yep. And then we've got the Worlds there every two years. I've got the Worlds in the US. But the last ones were in Newcastle, not close pretty close to where you used to live.
Speaker 4: Ah, were they in the UK? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Newcastle in UK? Right returned?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, listen Ross, the when you went next to have the Australian Transport Games this in Tasmania. Stay, we are give you my email address. We got to we've got to support you and get behind you. This is and everyone else is competing in it. I think, what a great thing to do. So lovely that you called in Ross, really nice to talk to you.
Speaker 10: Thanks, Thanks very much, guys.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: This is an interesting email from James Schultz. We are people listening all over the world, and James Schultz listened to the show in Toronto, Canada. You ever been to Canada?
Speaker 5: I have run in the Toronto Marathon.
Speaker 4: Have you really that's that?
Speaker 5: We rehearsed that run there Toronto Half Marathon.
Speaker 4: Oh so are you just traveling out there?
Speaker 5: Were? Well, Bianca and I spent some time in New York for our honeymoon and then we drove up to Toronto to run the half marathon.
Speaker 4: And it's a beautiful drive.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you go through Niagara Falls and some of the state parks in upstate New York is just beautiful.
Speaker 4: But that's stunning. So yeah, James Schultz is over there Toronto, Canada. In June, my wife and I got a dog. Decided to name him Gwilliam, after the loyal right hand man in the John Lecarr books. John, you have read any of his spy books, like The Night Manager, which got turned into a great five part TV show and then Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy great books. It's obviously a very well read guy. If you think about naming your dog after the right hand man in one of his books, Gwillim as well Gwynham come here for fun. We even registered Gwillam under the full character's name from the book, Peter Gwillham, which now appears on his doggy ID tag and paperwork. Fast forward two months and we get the happy news my wife is pregnant. As we're throwing around baby names like you were talking about yesterday, we realized that how perfect it would be to name our son after my grandfather, who I never met because he died when my dad was seven. The only problem here was that his name was Peter Christian. Is it acceptable to have the same name for your dog and a child. I now see what the dilemma is, even if it's only a technicality, or will the relevant authorities come to take one or both away from us? Thank you for your house. James Schultz, screenwriter, you are red man and amount of words, Toronto, Canada. Well, what a great dilemma to be in. I mean, it's easy. If you're yelling out Peter, someone's going to come.
Speaker 5: To the dog or the boy, and I bet it happens because if you usually get a dog, or a lot of couples get a dog first and then the baby comes later. So if you use your best name on the dog and then you want to use it again on the baby, the dog's already got the name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see. But trouble is though, once you're out, when as the kid gets a bit older and they might go down to the park and you know, play cats or footy with them and the dog's there as well, is it not going to get confusing for the boy. Is the boy Peter going to feel like the dog came first and the dog is the start?
Speaker 5: I think you just answer it. You got to. You got to use two different names. So hey, boy Peter, Boy Peter, come on over, dog Peter, Dog Peter.
Speaker 4: No, I think, Jamie, I think the more we talk about this, no, you need a different name for your son. Now. If you do need this show's help to name your as your unborn child, email me back. But for now, James Shots, screenwriter, Toronto, Thank you and goodbye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Dusty Martin.
Speaker 4: Dusty's car is stood at the g from the guy winning the Grand Final that was on the twenty eighth of September. Today, some of the sharper of you might know is the fourteenth of November. You don't need to do the maths. We've done it for you. Forty seven days yep.
Speaker 5: Well he probably hasn't even been back to Melbourne, has he, So you party all week in swan string.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you go on. They think he went on to Vegas to party on for a bit longer there and.
Speaker 5: Then you just keep Now where he's any mel dives now.
Speaker 4: Serena Williams or gate Crush to photo. He's on a world tour. Basically he's having a good time as he should do. However, the car forty eight days, so do you think it's like got sticker off the sticker where there's no wind screen left now it's on the roof of the car, all those penalty penalty notices.
Speaker 5: Well he would have you know what I thought about it. He would have some kind of priority parking spot, I think, because you can't have the whole Richmond team rocking up and then it's his first come, first serve, like here you get you get a premium parking spot. Whereas you're in number one, I'm in number eighteen.
Speaker 4: No, I just want to have saved the record I'm actually number two.
Speaker 5: Oh who's who? Who behind?
Speaker 4: Don't know? But someone else that has number one on the fourth floor.
Speaker 5: Here because yeah, and that that one is always empty as well, know that, mister palm from who.
Speaker 4: But it's good. It keeps me in check. I'm happy being number two.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think Dusty would have as a premium player.
Speaker 4: He's number two as well? Is it Dusty spot has? He got priorty parking everywhere?
Speaker 5: It's pretty close to the g I guess where we are here in Richmond.
Speaker 4: So he's left his car forty eight day. I can't eat forty eight days. I would imagine you're right. There must be some kind of people that are playing in a Grand Final. There'd be some kind of special parking. He'll be queuing in with the Marshalls, you know, parking on that bit of grass, you know, outside the front of.
Speaker 5: The g by in EUROPEA three.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're not going over here. I need to go warmer, Dusty and rules or rules over that way mate. And there's a gap on the end. There must be some area. But shortly after forty eight days, well, I.
Speaker 5: Think he'd be in the bells, wouldn't he.
Speaker 4: I don't know where they must smart, but I want to know this small Then, what's the longest amount of time that one of our listeners has left their car? Because sometimes you might go on a holiday and then forget that you actually drove there and just head back, or you've just I reckon Dusty now as well, I guess some of the kind of money that he coins in. Do you think he's just written the car off? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean jeep sponsors the Tigers, don't they, So maybe just gets home and goes, how y'all have a new one.
Speaker 4: Tuesday a rise back at Tullamarine. They're just handing him the key for a brand new Jeep and don't worry about the other one that's at the Chief. We'll just leave it there as part of the museum now it's part of the history of the MCGRE added to the tour.
Speaker 5: Kids can paid to banks riding there.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one of four point three.
Speaker 4: So what's the longest amount of time you have left your car? Dusty Martin's car still at the MCG after the Grand Final on the twenty eighth of September forty eight days ago. It's quite amazing that. So what's the longest amount of time you've left your car? Nick? Good morning, good morning, good morning, Nick. So what is it for you? How long have you left the car?
Speaker 1: Ten months?
Speaker 4: Ten months? How what did you do?
Speaker 11: I started a job out in the Queensland mind sight, I drove my duty out there after the camp because there's a village out there where you lived, because it's like two hours out of town, so you don't drive every day after out there. I'd given a company Geagle and pretty much left it there until two days before I wit the job ten months later.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean, Dusty Martin's a lightweight compared to you. I mean he's gone.
Speaker 9: So what was leave stuff around our for a time?
Speaker 5: What was the state of the car when you came back? Was it sitting in the sun or was it undercover?
Speaker 9: Now it was in the sun, in the sun that had hay for dust on it, batteries with flat tires and flat I had to get the fires out and watch the dust off the wind screen and get a go and ride the workshop for tools to fix it. Basically service it a carib a carboard.
Speaker 4: And I'm guessing because you know what it's like if you leave your car like an hour or two in sunlight, that steering wheel is agony to touch up. Then that Queensland Bacon heat for ten months suspecially has been a greenhouse to windscreen.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, it destroyed the pain on the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, Nick, thank you very much. You kill me. I have a good day.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connor Backfast Show. We're into week seven and ten weeks to two tickets over the last seven weeks every single morning at seven thirty giving you tickets to the biggest shows. Next week he is back. It's more tickets to go and see the one and only last live tour ever for Elton John this week though.
Speaker 3: Christian o'conrall's ten weeks of tickets, sixty million albums are five UK number one.
Speaker 12: And the greatest lyric free sing along of all times in Full Minds Live touring in twenty twenty A day on the Green Brunchford Wins and Margaret Cord Arena.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, it's over. I reckon. We're the only radio show in Australia giving away tickets for a show in twelve months time. But that's what it is, simber Bynes. We're excited they are coming here. Jim Kurr and the Boys are back in Australia. You can see them live at Next Year Day on the Green. You can win them right now in the game we started yesterday. You forget that down me this morning. It's a powerful acting skill. Also of mister Jack Post. He is once more a star, a former big megastar, reminiscing about their career and their work. You've got to listen to clues. Who is it? Have you forgotten about them? Don't you remember me? I was big.
Speaker 5: I was big in the nineties. Pauly Shaw dug me out of the ground and tried to integrate me into society. We's a little gip oo And in nineteen ninety nine I was busy fighting a mythical monster as their character Rick O'Connell.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: I was an O'Connell, maybe your brother, maybe your cousin, maybe a step uncle of the great man Christian. I would go on to fight that monster another two more times before I handed the reins over to tom Cruise. And now Tommy fights the monster? Do you remember me?
Speaker 4: My very very good? I hope phats He's back tomorrow. I hope pats He's back anyway tomorrow. She's still unwell, sad? Should we going to hear her? When that lady starts to chewse scenery? Something special happens on your radio? But anyway you forget that me? Who was Jack? Post nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's ten weeks of tickets, sixty million albums are five UK number one.
Speaker 12: And the greatest lyric free sing along of all time. Simple Minds Live Touring twenty twenty A Day on the Green Rochbert Witts at.
Speaker 4: Marg Record Arena, Playeah, thank you Yeah. Simple Mind's Touring Hair next year twenty twenty down the Green Rochard Wines November the twenty eighth, over a year away Margaret Court Arena next December. The first ticket Info at day on Thegreen dot com dot au every day this week We've giving you a chance and you have three mates. Go and see simple Minds line and again that we are calling toil you.
Speaker 1: Forget that, do me?
Speaker 4: Don't you forget about me? Each morning? Jack me and hopefully tomorrow with the return of Patinkos. It's a former star reminiscing about their great career. Who is it? Don't you remember me? I was big? I was big in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Paulie Shaw dug me out of the ground and tried to integrate me into society.
Speaker 4: We's a little jib oo And in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 5: I was busy fighting a mythical monster as their character Rick O'Connell.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: I was an O'Connell, maybe your brother, maybe your cousin, maybe a step uncle of the great man Christian. I would go on to fight that monster another two more times before I handed the reins over to Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: And now Tommy fights the monster. Do you remember me? Lauren? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 4: How you doing good?
Speaker 8: Lauren?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm getting through. Are you in the car right now all the way somewhere?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, So we're actually heading to work and I'm carpooling with my auntie today.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi Auntie. Who's the auntie? Aunty Belinda? Good morning?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: And Lauren? Good morning?
Speaker 13: Yes, good morning?
Speaker 4: Is this so thing? You do every Thursday, you and your auntie or carpoul.
Speaker 13: Or every day every day you and.
Speaker 4: Your auntie and you work the same place or nearby nearby. Oh, I think that's so cute. How long has this been going on?
Speaker 13: Well, I got the job about four months ago, near near her work, so we think how balling for about four months?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh that's great? Cool all right? And so do you both like this show? What does if someone else wants to listen to a different show? You every awesome? This is you two should be the next TV adverts. Just you two in the morning.
Speaker 13: We had the face to the TV when you weren't on the other day.
Speaker 8: We're like, oh my god, they're not here.
Speaker 4: That's so nice. Now listen, let's try win your simple Minds tickets, ladies, and who was Jack Post.
Speaker 13: Brendon?
Speaker 4: Now here? Let's do this then, since there's two of you, one if you say Brendan, what do you say? Fraser? Laura you do the Brendan and then Nuntie Belinda you say Fraser. Off you go, who was Jack Post Brendan?
Speaker 13: Fraser?
Speaker 4: Winners Fraser?
Speaker 8: Ummy guy?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so it's you and three mates, so you've won four tickets. So obviously are you going to can't poll go and see Simple Minds next year?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, and my mom her brother because you're fitting him into Brendon Fraser. Yeah, my brother always gets cold Brendan.
Speaker 4: So now is this twenty nineteen Brendan or is this prime time Brendan?
Speaker 13: This is prime time Brendan.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's good like that? Come on, you wicked ladies. Listen you to us such great listeners to the show. Let me also invite you to this. Then the last week of the show. We've only got another like three and a half weeks left of the show, and the last week we're doing a Christmas movie club. We do this every couple of months. It's a nice way to say hello to a load of you watch a movie together. We're going to be doing a Christmas screening of Elf, the greatest Christmas movie there is. You two, I'm good at YouTube. You two are going to be the first two people that that we invite to it.
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm great.
Speaker 4: All right, now you listen to the Shelby. I'd love to meet you and see they have a tunk with you and we can watch Elf together as well. We only had the day. Confirm yesterday's that Wednesday or Tuesday? Third? Four? Is it? Let me just ask producers, producers at the third of December's at the Tuesday or Wednesday, Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday? And which is the cinema Palace como? Got it? There?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay, Lauren and Auntie Blinda, I'll see you down there all right, lovely, thanks for listening to the show. Have a good day, carry on with the car pulling, bye ladies.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three late, only a little bit lates. La party about the green Whistle that I had for the first time on Sunday when I hurt my back and had to go in my first ambulance here in Australia. Christian was a friend's ninth birthday party and they asked if I want to go temping bowling with them. Great opportunity to bowl with the bumpers up. So friend's bowl first, daughter second. Then me. Didn't do anything flashy, just took a swing, let go the ball, and then suddenly my back goes completely tiers, tears of pain, squatting, spurting out of my eyes. I somehow I actually make it to the seats and then collapse, just like you. When I heard your story yesterday, I was there with you, not being able to move from the floor, having to get your wife to get you something to pee into, agon eat. Christian, you know you were there. There's no work, can move, nothing left for them to do but to call links to the bowling alley. The crew arrived pretty quickly, and realizing I was completely incable of moving, they gave me the green whistle. I was wearing those horrible smelly shoes that make you put them when you go bowling, so my friend had to take those off for me. We set off through the bowling alley. Of course we were on the furthest lane for the door, so it caused a bit of a stir. We were quite the party. Small girl sobbing because I'd ruined a birthday party. Friend carrying various pairs of shoes, trying to work out which ones were mine, trying to comfort her daughter, Me and or stretcher crying out in agri agony every now and again, blown on that whistle, getting a great warm glow from it. It's lovely, isn't it? The final dignity was just before I got out the door, someone shouted from the bar. Is it a boy or girl? Even through the magical haze of the green whistle, I was still able to yell off at them. Needless say, this is three years ago. I haven't been t bonuses. It's a very dangerous game. Congratulations on the show being number one. I hope you're still number one by the time you get this email. Well, you only sent it that yesterday afternoon, to be the shortest rain at number one. One afternoon was all we got. Thank you very much Karen for this awesome email. If you've ever got one for the show Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au The Christian.
Speaker 2: O'god All Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Mister Andy Lee, Welcome to the show mate.
Speaker 5: Nice to be here on the number one show in Milne.
Speaker 4: Please, now it's going to feel like heynous and I plug your TV show. Just bring it up. It looks big headed if I say it, but if you bring it up every time we start the link, it'll be great.
Speaker 14: Also, I mean that song Jack cut a great figure, didn't It's Freddie Mercury at.
Speaker 4: The park, very very good. He was very good. There were two other rival Freddie's, but everyone I was talking to him. I found it very hard because he didn't look at anything like Jack.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: But I sprayed my hair black. Spread the mo.
Speaker 4: Changed the whole look and changed you.
Speaker 5: And he was more manly, yes, which is going fred very.
Speaker 4: Very many, but it just changed you. And because you're in the vest and getting the guns out and always saw all the work they'd be doing with Frank the person.
Speaker 5: I was very There was three fredday at the partysterone, and I was very happy to be the best friend. It was sort of it was everyone knew.
Speaker 4: Some people said they thought he the moment more because they both separately till the rival that sort of Live Aid Freddie. They both spent the day separately. They didn't know each other until they met the party, watching live to get into that masterful queen performance they're getting into.
Speaker 5: Probably did exactly what Ramy Malick did and watched the whole of Live Aid did.
Speaker 4: Action. So and before we talk about Hamers, Shenandy back on TV screens this Sunday. It's the first episode of Hamers Shenandy's Perfect Holiday Sunday, seven o'clock at nine. Jack and I saw it yesterday and loved it. It felt like it felt like gap years, slightly older brother, slightly hair not for you, but for poor Haim. I love that. But before we get into it, first of all, Jack was at your beach house. We had some time off a couple of weeks ago. How was he looking after the beach?
Speaker 5: I had two questions after I got back. Well, can I just say I didn't take we spoke to you on the show because I was trying to sneak my dog down there and we didn't end up taking the dog, so we just went the two of us. Bianca and I lovely, lovely.
Speaker 14: I saw one Instagram post of you being particularly buff.
Speaker 4: In the pool.
Speaker 5: That's all out the dark coke man exactly.
Speaker 11: That was that was.
Speaker 4: Worry the sun.
Speaker 5: For an hour beforehand, exactly, and he's having a wine in the sun.
Speaker 4: Come on, Candid, there's a calendar.
Speaker 5: Shop directed me. She loves you know, she loves taking photos for Instagram. I got directed to do that.
Speaker 14: Okay, not so cared when the directors hair and makeup I could see and them out properly. Anyway, we'd love a copy of that to blow up life size. I think that could be at the entrance all but two things.
Speaker 5: First, One, do you guys use Did you guys use four towels?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we used.
Speaker 5: We didn't bring out one beach towels, I guess, so we used two towelss like the pool towels, and then a towel each four showering there's.
Speaker 14: There's heaps of beach toes. I just thought, I don't know what you were doing when you're getting out of the bath. I thought all the shower I thought, maybe you've got one around your waist and one in your hair scrapped.
Speaker 5: Around, so I took so they might have some chlorine on them. I don't know, that's against the rules.
Speaker 4: That's all You're across everything at that house, that tower.
Speaker 5: It's so meticulous. I should show you the entry document that you give like potential guests.
Speaker 4: Towels or something.
Speaker 5: But every little bit is catered for. If you want to notice what is in the third draw down on the lewdside of the kitchen. It's all itemized.
Speaker 4: Miss. That's what you're here, not just to take the money.
Speaker 14: Off to the other question I have for you, Jack was there was an empty biscuit tin left on the kitchen table, and I was like, did.
Speaker 5: You leave it out just to say refill the biscuits?
Speaker 4: Come on, hello, badroom.
Speaker 5: That your biscuit tin or we had bought it and left it it was my biscuit tin. I gotta claim ignorance on that. Okay, how many wines?
Speaker 4: Photo shoo distracted?
Speaker 5: Because I did have some savoys from the cupboard, but we replaced you replaced the savoys, so you wouldn't have known that the savoys were gone because I put a brand new box back.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is like a great episode of MTV GRIBs and this is the savoy room. This is where we all have And.
Speaker 5: Then just before we move on, if a question for you as well? Other birds living in your air conditioning system so noisy?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm paparazzi, drones or something? Is it in there? Exactly?
Speaker 14: I just had a small person sitting there to film jack and bang all the times the possible blackmailing in the Yeah, I know we need to get someone out. I thought maybe pumping the heat.
Speaker 5: Discourage them, might discourage them because it gets actually gets you're quite isolated where your family's beach house is and it gets quite scary out there with all the windows, and then all of a sudden we with all the windows.
Speaker 4: Heavy horror movie. The key shot is all the windows. Don't know.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of horror movies is bad. Guys can look in while you can't look out at Oh, and then we're trying to watch the notebook and the bird is scurrying around.
Speaker 4: To watch a notebook.
Speaker 5: So now you might find on your Netflix recommendations.
Speaker 4: Can I watch it on your lap the palls and notebook and check the locks.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean.
Speaker 14: I personally don't get scared down there, but Beck does because there's a lot of glass and there's not a lot of those windows. There's not a lot around, so yeah, you can look out and me going, Beck will go, what if someone's out there?
Speaker 5: Was like, why would anyone unless it's a Jack and Bianca. Now I wouldn't watch a horror movie down there. Definitely. Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Now tell me about the flying lessons. So I saw yesterday you had your first flying lesson, which is incredible. I'm a rabbin, yep, I'm convinced. Beck.
Speaker 5: My girlfriend is keen to move on to.
Speaker 14: Someone else now, because she brought me flying lessons for my birthday back in the day, and that's the first chance I got to get out there. They don't really they kind of just go okay, they give you get a full briefing. It's like a you know, a half hour to an hour of working out how planes work, et cetera, and then they just kind of let you do it, which is go up in the air. Like it was super windy. So he said when we get out, he's like, oh, look I might take off because it's so windy.
Speaker 4: I'd insist you take off.
Speaker 5: That was my things.
Speaker 14: Like, you know, I'm finally like, yeah, we wouldn't norally take people up because it's this windy. But you've come out in the effort and I know it was it was hard to book in.
Speaker 4: But again, if we wouldn't normally take people up, then no, fine, I'm coming another day.
Speaker 14: So we go up and then as soon as we're literally off the ground, it's like, okay, it's yours now, and he and off your guard.
Speaker 4: To do what but you don't even know what that joy? What's up now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, it had but twenty minute brief.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I watched a YouTube video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I asked, I said, what is the equivalent of training wheels? Can you can you clip.
Speaker 4: Bigger wings on or something?
Speaker 5: But does he have is it one of those planes where he's got controls as well? So all planes have that. Yeah, so he's doing the real driving and he's he just let Yeah. I thought it was that for a while, but no.
Speaker 14: You can see he'll take his hands off completely and he'll take it bring his feet up and well it's completely yours. But it was you know, there was times what was really difficult plane and I was like and I was using all and I don't have much strength, but all my strength to hold its course. At one point and I said, hey, I won't be able to do this for much longer.
Speaker 5: I'm going to need to terrible.
Speaker 14: He's like, yeah, what I'm teaching here is you can adjust the maneuverability of a plane with this flap trim. So he said, now reach down here, and I start changing his trimming made it easier. So the way that the wind hits your aircraft, it can change the maneuverability. But you've got different flaps and to be able to.
Speaker 5: But I don't like The way that he's teaching you is wait till it gets really dangerous, and then you've.
Speaker 4: Learned that's going to make him one that the top Gun Academy great says made in rough conditions. Now it sas the same up in the air. And what's this You're going to get your license? Do you think, oh?
Speaker 5: Maybe, I mean I'm going to go back and do a few more.
Speaker 4: But when were you scared?
Speaker 5: No, not so much scared. There's a lot. It's a lot of there's a lot of prep. You know, you don't want to go through the the written work. The ribbon work would be fine if they have that ring binder.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, how many pages have I goingt to do? Forget it? I'll get my car.
Speaker 14: You've got a checklist, right, and and before you even take off, you've got to walk around a plane, check all the rivets, you know, check your propellor works.
Speaker 5: Oh god, it was all right yesterday I was probably.
Speaker 4: Check the rivet. So it's easy to get an uber somewhere.
Speaker 5: I have this grand plan of us all going, oh, should we go to King Arlan for a steak lunch? Christian Jack in the airport two.
Speaker 4: Hours later, you're still doing the undercarriage rivet number nine hundred checking. You know, they also look really flimsy, those little two man planes, loose and rattling.
Speaker 14: They're so old it's I mean, you would laugh if a friend had a card and I could hold it exactly and not old and cool vintage, you know, just old and dangerous.
Speaker 5: So and the amount of instruments.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the buttons you have to click up and doubt and so on. But that's why they all have checklists. They even the pilots of twenty years they still use a checklist because not because they need to be exist because if anything you miss it, it could be fatal, which I don't love that rule, no, no, no no, But yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was good for a day.
Speaker 14: I'll definitely head back out. But again, it just seemed like too much hard work.
Speaker 4: We're essentially lazy in this job.
Speaker 2: Look Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, Hami Shenandi's Perfect Holiday. We saw the first episode Jack and I Stephen, I watched it with the kids. We loved it, very very funny. I love I always love seeing you guys out and about That's why I first saw you on a TV with gap Year, and it feels like the slightly older brother of gap Year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it felt like that for us.
Speaker 14: I mean to be honest a little bit nervous about returning to the well that had given us so much time, particularly five years later where and during drought season where wells can drive up.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so to get out there and to feel very.
Speaker 14: Similar but just slightly different was so exciting.
Speaker 4: To everyone who's listen right now. Explain the idea what is perfect holiday?
Speaker 14: Essentially, we go overseas and no one can ever agree on what to do anyway when you're traveling with your partner or family each day. So we decided, let's not bother and agreeing. Let's just on alternate days, choose an activity for the other person and look, sometimes that's great for both us. Often one of us would choose something that maybe I'd enjoy more than Hamish.
Speaker 4: My kids straight away were like, oh, does Andy willing? Because you look very nervous. The first one the figure of eight bus racing? Right, they went, Because my kids have met you a couple of times, they were only looks really scared? Does he not know anything about this went No, No, I think they would do this properly.
Speaker 14: I suppose now being a little bit older and having hung out for so long as Jack knows with the podcast, et cetera, is that we much prefer not knowing because.
Speaker 4: They saw the best reaction.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and so yeah, they're are genuine before every day and genuine excitement is I get to show Hamish what I've been working.
Speaker 4: You stopped talking when you did the race, even apologized, So I didn't say that because you were just driving that big, huge, dangerous bus. So there's a big shunted off the racetrack.
Speaker 5: So it's a school bus. They do a figure eight school bus race.
Speaker 4: It's brilliant.
Speaker 14: So the track is a figure eight, no tunnels or bridges and no road rules. You don't really give way to the ride.
Speaker 4: It felt like a very Australian sport, to be honest. I know you were in America, but it felt very Australian.
Speaker 14: So you hit the kind of middle of the eight where they intersect and it's a game of chicken every last punt road.
Speaker 4: That's where they got the idea that new Peter exactly.
Speaker 14: So when Haym tells me this and I had my bus license for something we did a long time ago. It's irrelevant, and it did take me a while for it to sink in. And look we edited down. It actually took me a lot longer to sink in.
Speaker 4: You notice that.
Speaker 14: And then we left in the edit me saying sorr. I didn't say much because a I didn't say much.
Speaker 5: So we probably needed to hear from me.
Speaker 4: Adviser was all steamed up with like fear.
Speaker 14: I was genuinely worried during this race because we're hurdling around at a rate of knots and it got really hairy, and there were times where I was thinking, well, the fuel.
Speaker 4: Tank was leaking at one board and then I think could actually burst into flames, and I was.
Speaker 14: Just thinking, I shoot at the start, we took off, like I'll say a few quips, I'll say a few one lighters for the old TV box. I didn't say a single thing because fear took over right at the end. I realized that and the negotiated a few moments where I was like, Okay, I'm glad we got through that. That that did and I got to the end and went, oh no, we were meant to be doing TV.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what these cameras here, and I might, but I tell you it was very calm, old mate behind you? Hey, who just why is he always on his phone? So it's an hour and a half of Hamer Scenanni, which is great. Right, he's on his phone. You're gonna have an intervention. Yeah, he was so unprofessional.
Speaker 5: He was very keen to show Sunny the trip.
Speaker 4: So tell me to watch it on a Big four K exactly.
Speaker 5: So there are two. There are two versions of our trip. Sonny's got the master.
Speaker 4: Any addigital footage that you need, you can go to today's snapchat.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, and in Sonny's version, no one's on their phones.
Speaker 4: But that our version.
Speaker 5: We can't guarantee that.
Speaker 4: This isn't one where you get a really expensive sports car and he's taken a picture of it and you don't normally see that on TV shows. No to that phone or something. It's like another limb.
Speaker 14: I think he was addicted to the updates. He was he actually he worked this out and a few of my friends have adopted this. He said, instead of facetiming your family, which is really difficult because you're on a different time it's horrible and often the kids aren't interested, and then you feel down because.
Speaker 4: Then you start to get irritated, looks really angry.
Speaker 5: He said.
Speaker 14: Sending videos that kids want to continue to watch and watch and then and catch up there and then them sending videos back. He found it a much easier re action. So I think that's what he was doing, making two shows, I know, and he's sunning you the production budget. I said, hey, I hope you've sold this to Sonny an appropriate rate because you're using our resources power.
Speaker 5: We're all wrapped to the Channel nine version back in the bus. We've got to film the sunny version now.
Speaker 14: And so what was the hardest bit you did? What was was genuinely hard to film? And do we finish this season? Hamish surprised me. People may know that he loves cycling, yep, and he surprised me with a cycle. A cycle up Mount Evans, the highest road in North America, one of the highest roads you can ride in the world. Took us to fury and a half thousand feet high, and he wanted to do this, but he suggested we do it on a tandem bike.
Speaker 4: Now I don't it's a nightmare.
Speaker 5: Isn't it neither of just coming it's a nightmare on flat ground.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hard work, so and Haim obviously is like, well, I obviously will because I like riding. I was like, well, that things I have to look at your ass for that's the stoker, you know, it's called the stoker that and they've recently banned the whip or they're talking about it, so I couldn't get.
Speaker 5: So that would be the hardest.
Speaker 14: We had two crew members have to return down because of altitude sickness while filming it, and I was like, one of the cameramen has gone, I've got altrotitude sickness.
Speaker 4: But you must have found it harder to breathe because you got there's less oxygen.
Speaker 14: It was it was about sixty percent of the oxygen you have at sea level by the time we got to the towards the top, and yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was paid.
Speaker 14: And then when the camera are going, I'm too sick, I've got to go down and like, are you're not even on this plane?
Speaker 4: Was it sunny?
Speaker 5: So that would definitely. It's it was seven hours riding.
Speaker 4: And you know, pre wheeling all the way down on a change.
Speaker 14: I won't say whether we get there or not. But yeah, and and and Jack knows that I've got recent bottom issues. So seven hours and such saddle it's you'll see that heads for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 4: A tough one, all right, Well, it's always great to see you. And on the show Hammer Shenandi back Sunday seven on nine. Perfect holiday. We love the first one. Can't wait to see all the other's. Good luck that you don't need it, thanks Manech.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 5: I turned my house over yesterday. I can't think of any more spots. I can look in the house or in draws, or in backpacks or in bags, but I can't find my passport anywhere.
Speaker 4: That is a nightmare because if you can't find that, that's.
Speaker 5: You, it's pretty much I'm not a human at the.
Speaker 4: Coming away in a couple of weeks time you off to Mexico.
Speaker 5: That's why. And Lucky Bianca thought of it now because I would have left it to the day that I was leaving, which I leave straight straight after her last show.
Speaker 4: We say we wrapped, say goodbye for twenty nineteen, and you're off to the airport.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I haven't told you yet, but I'm trying to get on an eleven thirty. Am you are?
Speaker 4: You can't even finish the year strong?
Speaker 10: You are?
Speaker 5: Come on, there's only one flight per days only Andy Lee, a flight to Mexico and they've had two more lessons by the time, only one flight per day and eleven thirty it.
Speaker 4: Would sum up the year. You know, I've finished the lext How you head off? Mate?
Speaker 5: Meaning to bring that up with you. Yeah, but that's for another day. But yeah, is it at the moment?
Speaker 4: I'm not the last day of the year. By the way, why's the suitcase there? Jack?
Speaker 5: At the moment, I'm not going anywhere because.
Speaker 4: I've got your passport?
Speaker 5: Maybe do you be?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Why have you not? How have you lost her? Don't sound like your wife? Here where lot of people always say that where is the last place?
Speaker 5: She is usually the keeper of the passport.
Speaker 4: It's so funny. Same in my marriage, Sarah keeps mine too.
Speaker 5: She's got he's got a passport wallet. That's the one the passport slide in there, so I've never had to really worry about it for the last seven years we've been together until this holiday that we took in July to go visit her family. She stayed on for a little bit and I came home early. You didn't have the wallet, so I was in charge of my own passport, and so I obviously had.
Speaker 4: A land Did you come back into Australia.
Speaker 5: I go through customs, I've obviously had jumped it in the house, and then I can't even think where else?
Speaker 4: Just where?
Speaker 5: Tell me places where I might have put it?
Speaker 4: When you lose some of that, it's inside something, because you'll do the obvious looking around on a surface level. It's inside a backpack or something like that. Backpacks, passports are such like a credit card, are such valuable things. You tuck it, you zip it in Yeah you tu yeah, you definitely and unzip everything with a zip in that house.
Speaker 5: And now I'm looking at the prospect of do I just cut my losses and apply for a new one. Now I don't know how long it takes to issue a new passport.
Speaker 4: It takes weeks, doesn't it, But then I can't.
Speaker 5: You're going to have to.
Speaker 4: You'll be here till ten o'clock on that last Shirley, Yeah, my friend, Yes, he's crying not because you're going to miss Mexico. We have to work all the way up till ten. The other thing is a friend of mine who lost something very important, some documents, some deeds. He had hypnotherapy to try and work out what he'd done.
Speaker 5: That's what Bianc suggested. And so you said, I guess you're sitting in the chair and they put you to sleep and you go.
Speaker 4: At some point you would have come back from the airport, whether you've got a taxi or no.
Speaker 5: But now my mom picked me up.
Speaker 4: She's not in mum's car. Is your mum got to know she was.
Speaker 5: Driving my car? Yeah, And I looked in the car. I guess I could check mum's pockets.
Speaker 4: But she won't be going around as an adult checking your mum's pockets.
Speaker 5: She would probably tell me if she found it came across by pass right.
Speaker 4: If you don't find it by the end of the day, then we'll get a hypnotherapist for you. Okay, yeah, Mexico three weeks tomorrow. Who is that someone just cool trying to help you out.
Speaker 5: She said it happened to her and she found it in a pockets of the pants she was wearing when she came through customs.
Speaker 4: I don't know how people could travel that casually with a passport. You can't put them in a pocket. Aren't those pockets we have? They're too slim. I'll be too welly. You sit down, it pops up like something in the toaster and it falls down the side of a seat. I can do that.
Speaker 5: So now she says, I just have to remember what pants or jacket I was wearing. Go back to that and look in the pockets. But I can't remember what pants I was wearing four months ago.
Speaker 4: When Andy Lee keeps a detailed log of it, doesn't it lot with towels that guests us in his house? A lot of people are saying this, which is very good advice. Jack. Is the basketball in your scanner or photocopy? I mean, I don't know if you've got home photocopier. Think you're running some sort of office works out there at Coburg.
Speaker 5: Great thought, but no, the home printer, which took me a year to finally buy. The new tone of forum plug in at the house just went in recently, and no, I have not scanned since then.
Speaker 4: I reckon we could do a whole show one day about I almost swore them. I actually almost swore and ate the wording you to that point, because whenever I think about my home printer, it's a beast of a thing. I'm going to take a photo of it today, right. This guy told me he was giving me a sweet deal. Again. It was when I first moved to Australia and I was wide eyed and heemos thought, this guy look at him straight off the boat seeing them on the posters. I'll come up with a special deal for this idiot. I've got. It's this big. It's bigger than the one in an office of say a thousand employees. It's just for me and the kids homework. That's it's shoot. That thing is a nightmare. What's it called? Photocopy oft scanner? Printer three and one?
Speaker 5: And it is so complicated, and because when do you ever print when you don't need something? I always was printing for a hobby. Yeah, you print because you need to print something to go and take it somewhere. And then it just I mean, I can't even get started with the printer.
Speaker 4: Where you go?
Speaker 5: I want to name and shame it.
Speaker 4: Almost and I almost swore for the first time in the show about that printer. It's so hard to talk about it without using strong language. Tomorrows show Printer's the Phoney.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much to Anthony malloy has just heard us moaning about printers. Christian. I'm an it professional, but I recently went and brought a new printer because that was going to be quicker than trying to get my old printer to reconnect to my new Wi Fi network at home. I now have two printers sitting on my desk, one still not connected. This is what these things do to us, all right, Today's that work time waste. So there's a great story said to me by my dad. Actually, all the way back in the UK, there's a new cookbook out, this one. We thought we didn't need a brand new cookbook. This one is for dogs, is for dog owners to actually cook up a meal for their dogs. It's called The Happy Dog Cookbook. I was looking for some music here to have for today's at work time wie that was dog related. Didn't want to get Who Let the Dogs Out? I want to find something a bit different. I didn't want to go with how much dog in the window. This is what we found. Cat Steven's wrote a dog about how much he loves his dog. Love you. He loves his dog as much as he loves you.
Speaker 5: My dog will all ways?
Speaker 4: Who knew that Cat Stevens wrote a song about the great Cat Steven's about much he loves his dogs to give him.
Speaker 15: Spend Holly well, he needs his foodiculous like a TV ever, anyway, I'm not gonna spend half an hour cooking up one of these recipes is lamb, lentil and Kale's chew.
Speaker 4: My dog. I wouldn't even give that to my kids. My dog's not gonna wolf that down. Here's the thing about dogs. They don't care if you're eat eating it. They want it, don't they.
Speaker 5: I sometimes wish that my meals were as easy to make as buy a dog and just scoop it out of a bucket and put in a bowl.
Speaker 4: I've seen my dog eat its own poop and sick. It's looking like twenty minutes for me to make a casse role. Dogs don't care anyway. Today's network time waster is dog dinners. All right, I've got I'm gonna have to kill yeah, putting a bit of a down. Come on, Cat Stevens make better music that it's more sing alongable with gold. All right, dog Dinners, there now is today's time waster German shepherd pie perfect start oh wash down with a giant pug of beer. I've got apple turned rover chicken poodle soup.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 4: Border Collie flower soup, border cone that's a plus. That's gold. Border sorry, border Collie flower soup and Maltese shit soup. Maltese shit soup.
Speaker 5: Too many soups?
Speaker 4: What have you got there for dog Dinners?
Speaker 5: Well, I simply turned snoopy into soupy.
Speaker 4: Maltese shit soup.
Speaker 5: Two minute poodles.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: Chicken chow chow mane shit soup KINI fritters that's very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good. Gold plus.
Speaker 5: I'll retire there.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, then, so best when we get you next ten minutes. Then you get two hundred dollars to spend at bow Gowny State Yarra Valley. By the way, our old friend that we had to put on the line, Detective desk old Blake waiting in the winds to take you out. Did you notice he went and stayed out there all that and then and certainly I'm doing live reads for them. Hello, Blake, have a good time out they did you at Balgowney Estate, Yarra Valley. Kick it back this way, Blake, he come on, don't be selfish. All right, soon it's your dog Dinners four seventy five three one oh four three two hundred dollars. You can be like Blake, go and stare at the old Balgownier State, Yarra Valley, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Todays at work time Waster, we're looking for your dog dinners. There's a new cookbook out now for us dog lovers to actually cook dinner for our dogs.
Speaker 5: You don't want to play the cat Stevens sung again.
Speaker 4: No, honestly, so bring it's bringing me down, all right. So dog dinners you ready to Mark ready Rot Wiener Gold, Yeah, straight in there, Jason and Kilmore. Good work. Schmack o Ronnie cheese.
Speaker 5: What oh yeah, yeah, I get at the smack o that dog trap. Yeah too much for a bronze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too much for him. Yorkshire pudding Terrier silver. No Elli, well done, cream Cheese Beagle gold, Madame mayer in Yarraville chicken puggets pug one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good. That's a gold plus.
Speaker 4: Sorry I didn't realize mus and Cranbourne. There's two parts of this dish. It's chicken puggets and French bulldog fries.
Speaker 5: Just keep it, keep it editing.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'd like to fleeing Ham Soup silver, very good, Irish setter table silver, Jack Russell Potato.
Speaker 5: Silver plus, stretching it.
Speaker 4: Corgian twenty pie, it's again sorry, corgyan twenty pie, you know for four and twenty corge In twenty shocking bronze minus lucky to get anything there, Janet chicken terry key Yeah for a terrier chicken terrier key.
Speaker 5: Oh that is clever, badly delivered so elizable silver.
Speaker 4: Plus Apple turn rover. That was one of mine, David and Mill Parks. Yeah, we've already done that one. Corgy on the cob, Yeah, silver plus bread and butter Poodle bronze, Cassa rollover silver, all right? Who given the Balgowney estate Yarravani two hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: To chicken puggets?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely well done.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Big news. Some the school playgrounds they are banning, actually banning now. The game of tag Tag is just chase.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's so innocent to me. There's no besides a few Gray's knees every once in a while, there's no real danger of running around to tag somebody.
Speaker 4: Well. I thought always sad when they said no more British Bulldog. British Bulldog, and the violence and the beatings that I had from that game made me the man I am.
Speaker 5: See that was already gone by the time.
Speaker 4: Ah then I grew up in a glory tom because I loved, absolutely loved the fell on intense violence of British Bulldog played. I think actually Australia was the only place outside of England that also enjoyed playing that violent game. Americans don't know what on earth you're talking about, but such a violent thing that that got phased out the end of the eighties, and that one.
Speaker 5: I can understand. It was a game built on violence, yes, which tag is not. And to get rid of tag, I mean, what do they expect kids to do now? Just in the yard to stand still.
Speaker 4: Reading the newspaper article about this. From the headmistress that banned it was they only want games now to play in the playground that use gentle hands. What do you work? Because when you get out in the real world, don't you the real world cannot be summed up with gentle hands. There are gentle hands sometimes your life, and there are rough hands in your life. There are both, and you need to be okay with both of them. You're doing kids at disservice.
Speaker 5: We had this game. We called it Redemption. Other schools I think would have Straightway.
Speaker 4: I want to know you had me at Redemption. It sounds like a UFC Fight NIGHTC two four two back of Marvel Redemption.
Speaker 5: I'm sure other schools had versions of this, but essentially ended with the loser of a game, so it could be hacky Sack two ball knockout, any of those games where somebody is the main person who stuffed something up. They would then have to stand against facing against a wall, and you would use the ball you're playing with. Everybody who didn't go out would get a chance to throw it at the person stood at the wall. Redemption came in because you got one basketball free throw to save yourself. If you made the shot, you didn't have to stand against the wall.
Speaker 4: Devious in a way, the pressure of that like Russian roulette, with that one shot, a pressure shot to save yourself from violent beatings.
Speaker 5: It was a terrible thing to get, the punishment of standing on the wall, but then it was made up for by the glory of getting to be the ball thrower when it wasn't you. It could be cut to the point where kids were bringing their own different types of balls to the school to use during the wall throwing round, because you know, you'd have the Hackey sat or the basketball that you're playing with, and then kids would bring harder tennis balls or an American football because it had.
Speaker 4: A point and you didn't ever go to that. The proper hardcore cricket ball win a horrible one.
Speaker 5: I mean softballs and cricket balls and baseballs we thought were out of bounds. Maybe at other schools they.
Speaker 4: The queensbree rules. We had this awful game which suld can We all did this and thought nothing of it because that was just what you did. Called the tunnel where a load of us and it would be like fifteen of you would link arms and create a tunnel. Okay, so's a bit like eight of you opposite each other with your.
Speaker 5: Hands, or like they do in a wedding sometimes they let the bride and.
Speaker 4: Grown run through, or this is no wedding, okay. And then one by one you'd have to go through the tunnel, running as quickly as you could, because as someone's running through, you'd break away and you'd just rain sort of punches and kicks as people ran through the time, and if you gave up running through the tunnel, you were a loser. And as this was going on, we'd all be yetting tunnel tunn It was so, I mean, it lasted about a week and then there was a special assembly and me and about six other boys were brought out the front and we're told that these including myself, being bad, that you must never ever play the tunnel.
Speaker 5: Let me guess that wasn't categorized as a gentle hands game.
Speaker 4: All right, So we'll come back to this tomorrow. Then the playground games you played. If you want to email me today and get it in early to the party, Email me Christian at gold one oh four to three dot com dot au. Subject heading must only be the name of the game. Okay, whether it was the Tunnel or Redemption, then I want all the details.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three