Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Couldn't go past barbecue shapes, Yep, I could be a pig in a racer.
Speaker 3: Before there was top gun, there was top campy the Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three. You still stand by those words. Yes, there's been a flurry of activity in the last twenty four hours about you stating on the record that you could seek on a pig.
Speaker 4: I am one hundred percent committed. First, you're going to be committed mentally, which I am. I haven't been running yet.
Speaker 3: Last night you wasked for seven days training, which is ludicrous right Otherwise, why don't these Olympians don't pull the training for four years and a week before like the Rio Games, putting on the running shoes and then go for a job. Then, so you didn't even train yesterday because she said it was too wet.
Speaker 5: You just worry about your part. Finally he could run in a straight line. I'll worry about my training.
Speaker 3: How's there been any doubt creep in Nope?
Speaker 4: Oh well, yes, I took the stairs up this morning instead of the elevator, and I was a bit puffed at the top of the.
Speaker 3: Just going up two flights to stay.
Speaker 5: But I tried to go quite fast, but pig is fast.
Speaker 3: The reason why Jack has thrown his hat in the ring that he is faster than a pig over the distance of a mile is because yesterday we were talking about the fact that apparently a pig will run a seven minute or under seven minute mile. They're fast, really fast.
Speaker 5: Which is quite good.
Speaker 4: But in my heyday, I think I could have beaten that, And I reckon, it won't take me long to get back to my heyday.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon, pats Jack versus pig.
Speaker 2: Well, I did back him yesterday, but now I'm having doubts.
Speaker 5: No, don't doubt me.
Speaker 2: You can't be put in training off just who's.
Speaker 5: A bit weird?
Speaker 3: No getting pigs. You know he was out there training yesterday the pigs. I was just going through the text that came into the show after the end of the show yesterday, and Christian I just heard on the show early about Jack wanting to race a pig. Can we just take a moment and go, aren't we lucky? This is apparently our job. Anyway, If Jack was ever in the outback and he came across a wild pig known as a bristle and got chased by it. There's no way he would outrun it. Up the nearest tree is the only way he would survive. Rob signs off of this. Believe me, it's true. He's been there. He's up a tree right now sending it. He's had to live up there, he's had to move his family up that trip for that pig that's just waiting them out down the bottom.
Speaker 4: No, I really think I am faster than any type of pig, wild or domesticated.
Speaker 3: No way you're going to do it. You will be quicker than that. Help me.
Speaker 5: I feed off the doubt.
Speaker 3: It's like Michael Jordan, doubt this guy at your peril. I'm just looking at some of the other text by the way, that came in after the show yesterday. Hi there, my name is Darren and I've been kicked in the head by Chuck Norris. Why the hell do we get that on air? That is amazing? His week is clean to fame.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: He was kicked in the head by Chuck Norris and another guy here. This was yesterday's showhen we're doing our week is Clain to fain. My brother Corey brought ex Prime Minister. We've had John Howard on the weekend than quite a few more than any other former PM. My brother Corey brought X Prime Minister John Howard's brother's dog. We just read that again. My brother Corey brought X Prime Minister John Howard's not John Howard's dog, John Howard's brother's dog. And yes, Christian, I have patted that dog. Thank you so much for clearing that up. All right, we'll tell you about to our today's show coming up next on Gold one oh four point three. Good morning, it's ten minutes past six. The big thing we need to ask you today then, do you have a pig that jack can race. That's what we need from you today.
Speaker 1: Just that the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We'll come back to the pig race. But patucer Rio has got a chilling fact about a wild pig and how quick they are.
Speaker 6: Jackie know, I'm your biggest supporter, but you're not going to beat a wild pig. They can reach their top speed within just a few strides, and they can hit a top speed of forty eight kilometers an hour fifty k Now, that is fast, which means they would cover one hundred meters in seven and a half seconds, which is two seconds faster than Usain Bolts meet a record.
Speaker 5: I don't think I can beat that.
Speaker 3: No, wild pick wild pig out races you every day.
Speaker 4: The good thing about a while pig, though, is you can't corral it to race me. You have to go domesticated.
Speaker 3: Nice use of the word corral. So we're getting in the whole language now when I'm involved in pig racing. Next week in my house is big week. It's Ruby, our eldest daughter. It's her formal next Friday. And this is obviously think doesn't really happen in the UK. You don't really have now balls and stuff like that. But the formal is a It's a big sort of right of passage here, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Definitely They always stuck out at the end of the year. And the whole thing was if you play up at the formal, you can't come in and do your exams.
Speaker 3: Oh is that right?
Speaker 5: So to make the kids behave Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Wondering why it's at this point in the year, because she's in the year twelve. All the mates they're midway through these really intense exams. Do they need king size hangovers? Really that right now? Or the pressure? Maybe they do? But do you two? You must you vividly remember, like the sort of carry on beforehand for your formally.
Speaker 5: I do, and I've actually recently looked back at the photos of me.
Speaker 3: Did you hire a suit? Buy a suit? What did you get?
Speaker 5: I borrowed a suit?
Speaker 3: Who was your date?
Speaker 5: My date was my first, my first love.
Speaker 3: Christian?
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeahs.
Speaker 3: You're married now, eleven week old son. I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 5: The podcast, So.
Speaker 3: The podcast go away about it's the live radio show of Melbourne's biggest radio station. Don't worry about the podcast. That's not the stuff that's going to come back and bite you on the ass. She was good, she was good now getting worse? And Patsy, do you remember it all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I remember my year ten formal, but we weren't. There wasn't a big thing about having a date. It was just the girls, you know, the friendship group hanging out. We went that. Boys were like so far from our.
Speaker 4: Minds, Like when you tell yourself if you don't have a date to the former.
Speaker 2: I did say that none of my girlfriends. We had boyfriends out of our school.
Speaker 3: All those invisible boyfriends. Remember, people used to make count that I had to hear those girlfriends that were in various schools out of state. She's not around again this year.
Speaker 5: Summer.
Speaker 3: She's modeling at the moment. She's got another calendar shoot for Perelli, So she's out for us this year, guys. But she really conford to meeting your Yeah, there's mysterious in boyfriends and girlfriends we've had over the years, Patsy. We've heard that one before. Did you did your mum buy the dress to shop? Yes?
Speaker 2: And you know what, I've still got the dress. Yeah, I've still got the dress hanging up in the wardrobe. Excuse me, but it was weeks of preparation.
Speaker 5: My school dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my uten formal dress.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yes, yeah, I see, because we've kept various little bits of the girls grown up over the years. I actually want to keep the shoes and dress. We've got Ruby. You'll love this, Patsy. So for Ruby today, I've got a book in the fake tan to get sprayed on next Wednesday, which is two days before the formal. So she's got two days for it to kind of look a bit more less free to be that heavily tanned. Look at the weather right now, No one should look that it's rainy, it's very cold right now. Her hair is getting cut Saturday, that's all arranged. Then it's the nails, I think a manicure, pedicule, whichever it is or both on Monday. It's like all these stages before we manager. Yes, that's what she's actually described me as that not just the manager, but also ferrying around all these various appointments. My diary next week is basically blocks out are just like three pm. I pick you up at school. Then we go to get this done. And then I've mentioned this on the show. Her friends, eleven of them are coming around next Friday for pres round at ours with their parents. They're going to be like thirty people. I already had Sarah and I, my wife, have already had very strict instructions about so no photos. I was thinking about hiring a photographer because then all the mums and dads can get some nice quality photos of them with the yes, they don't want any of I don't know whether to just hire a photographer anyway, and she'd be okay, on on the night. Do you think she just get really peed off?
Speaker 5: Well, why do you want no photos? Why is that a rule?
Speaker 3: Because he said, oh god, it looks too try hard, to try hard. Do you know what, in five years time, even at the end of this year, you'll be grateful you've got some nice folks because it's all going to go so quickly for them. Yeah. I think it's the other thing that we've been told, sorry I've been told is don't try and be funny.
Speaker 5: He can't help he can't help it.
Speaker 3: No stick, no stand out, I can and I must. No stick, okay, no shenanigans, no speeches. I said, I was I was going to do a funny side show, right, and she was like, please don't do that, Please do not do that. Honestly, the list of what I'm to do and not to do that not to do list is bigger than the to do list.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Do you have a long drive ahead of you today? Could you be a long distance commuter of the show If you have, we'd love to speech this morning, Ben, Good morning, Hello, what what's going on there?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: Then we can hear some sort of rhythmic banging didn't he go on the lawn. Still, it's not okay, Big One's husband, is it?
Speaker 5: What's going on there?
Speaker 3: Ben? What's the banging when you're doing I'm not sure. I mean you must know, you know, you know, yeah, and that's perfect. What was it?
Speaker 8: I think my phone was going between my car and my phone.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, we'll go with that one. I've never had that excuse before for that. The phone was flicking between the hands. That's above board. Ben. Where are you driving to today? My friend? Where you off to?
Speaker 8: I drive from Parmella every morning and every.
Speaker 9: Night to Bayswater.
Speaker 3: And how long is that?
Speaker 8: That's then it's around one hundred and six tas each way.
Speaker 3: So now I think Jack spoke to you when he called it. And Jack goes to me, I bet you used to speak to Ben he woulds together big magnets. And then Jack moved on like that was an everyday experience. We get callers on who well together big magnets. I've never spoke to anyone before who welds together big magnets. How big of these big magnets?
Speaker 8: I got a you know, any anything between a ton and the biggest one we're doing is a thirty two tons a thirty.
Speaker 3: Two tons magnet? Who is is it? Felt?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 3: What are they going to do? Quit them? No good is what they're going to do. Who needs a thirty two ton magnet? What do you need to pick up a ship?
Speaker 8: A lot a lot of morning companies, so they'll they'll hang above their overhead suspension magnets, and they hang above conveyor belts and the stuff like that, the morning and stuff like that. So any anything from that to even abatoires.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not picking it all the cows, God enough dropped into death. Make a magnets. This is unbelievable, this stuff that's going on with this.
Speaker 8: Not a waste separation as well, so sense of sorting and then as well we do so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's dangerous for you, Ben if you've got your keys in your pocket and all of a sudden, that's what that banging was.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, when you're up to build one and you've got to you've got to fire up and test it. Yeah, you sort of make sure you've got nothing of that on you and make sure you test it.
Speaker 3: How the hell do you test thirty on magnet the car park or the cars in the car Parker told you back.
Speaker 8: Now you got yeah once once your fears building and you do you do a guest test to see, you know, say the power eating is are properly proper and.
Speaker 11: I thought and all that.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you very much, Ben. Back to that banging now, Ben, Ben, thank you very much and cool mate really made us laugh. Have a good day.
Speaker 8: Thanks n I love you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Patsy put it in yours. They're playing around with thirty two ton magnets.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: That's I think about those thirty two ton magnets. What would happen if you get two of them and you know, magnets repeat each other, what would happen? Would they just blow the world apart to the would you thirty two tons? That's probably why no one's done that, why someone like me can't work there. That's what I do on a Thursday Sat boredom. All right, if you have a long drive ahead of you today, we want to hear all about it. You could be our long distance commuter of the show. Thomas, Good morning, Thomas.
Speaker 12: Gay morning, Christian. I've just got a three out commute to.
Speaker 3: Cobram three hour, just to get to work today. Yeah, bloody hell. So how far are you into it? Now? You've been on the road a bit?
Speaker 12: How long I've already been on the ride for over an hour?
Speaker 3: Okay, what are you doing? Where are you going?
Speaker 12: I'm doing played head exchanger for company that deals with all the milk that comes in from the dairies, so not much luck in getting much dairy products from them, but occasionally I'll get the odd ice cream and yoga to drive home.
Speaker 3: Well that's nice and three hour trip back and it licking an ice cream that will cover three minutes of it. Gee, what a treat that six hour round trip. They give you a pot of yogurt or a ice cream for your troubles to us. All right, Thomas, thank you very much for I have a safe drive, Bud. Christy, Good morning, Christy, good morning.
Speaker 13: Here are you going to?
Speaker 3: We're good Christy, and welcome to the show. Christy. Where are you going today? Where are you off to?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 14: I'm driving from Belmont and Geelong to a little place called Perchain. So it's out passing a go. So it's a bit of a two hundred and thirty three kilometer round trip.
Speaker 3: Bloody hell. And what are you doing? Is a normal drive for you on a Thursday or is that?
Speaker 14: Look, it's pretty normally. In my job, I work in the rails, so I'm a track force protection coordinator, so I pretty much go out make sure these guys can get on track and make sure that they get it by train.
Speaker 3: Important job making sure that people don't get hit by trains pretty much here.
Speaker 14: Just don't get hit by the big team.
Speaker 3: Coming at yea the cap All right, Kirsty, have a a good, safe drive, Thank you very much. You give us a call Steven. Hey, I'm good Steven. And where are you calling us from? Right in the middle of the best straight And what are you doing in the middle of the bus straight.
Speaker 15: I'm an offshore insulation manager. I'm one of excellent mobiles platforms.
Speaker 3: See you're in a rig right now? Yeah, yeah, yep, that is incredible. I think we've ever spoken to a caller or listener off sure right now? And how many of you are on the rig? Is it just you?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 15: We've got twenty nine us at the moment.
Speaker 3: And what do you stay on there for a couple of days and then come back on to shore couple of weeks you're in there for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, we crew tracking. Well, I'm going home early today, so I'm going home after nine days, so normally it's fourteen days.
Speaker 3: Have you And what's it like living on the rig for that time?
Speaker 15: Well, it's certainly not the love boat, but it's it's pretty good. That's We've got really good chefs. We've got particularly good crew. Oh yeah, recent reasonably comfortable.
Speaker 3: I love the idea and I think my family are okay. We just going away into a holiday on a rig by my sound for like two weeks. All right, I love the sound. The chef said, you've got a bibble bar there, but they have.
Speaker 15: That's dry, so no smoking, no drinking.
Speaker 3: Oh I see he's actually I can't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't line up with the holiday. That's so you're getting in the boat back this morning, Stephen swimming.
Speaker 15: I get a helicopter, so I'll get all fly get a helicopter in too Longford and then I've got a five and a half hour drive up to Emma in New South walest.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is a hell of a trick. And then what do you do on the rig? What is your job on the manager so I'm actually rubbing the ring and you sat in sight some sort of big old captain's chat at the top of the rig.
Speaker 15: Well, I've got a like a nice, reasonably nice office, little corner office looking out over the sea.
Speaker 3: Amazing, amazing, Stephen, thank you very much for giving us a call, and listen to the show as well.
Speaker 15: Now, thanks very much.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack and I have become fascinated by the oil rigs after chatter the guy who was live on the oil rig in the mass straight. There are how many other riggs on the backs straight.
Speaker 5: Three platforms in the bas straight.
Speaker 3: Fascinating mine listening to the radio all the way out there. All right, So another weekend where you can go and see a movie that I've been banging on about. It is so enjoyable. Top Gun Maverick is way better than it should be. It's it doesn't even feel fair just to say it's a good sequel.
Speaker 5: It's a great movie. It's been really.
Speaker 3: It's a proper movie. It is so good. It isn't just a relentlessly well done action movie. It's got a great storyline and it's got a surprising heart to it as well. Yesterday I found out that your wife has succumbed to the hype and actually went to see it because she's got an eleven week old son, Gordon.
Speaker 5: She went to the Mums and bubs session.
Speaker 3: So Gordon's seen it as well.
Speaker 4: It's his first ever movie. It's his first ever movie is Top Gun?
Speaker 3: Maverick And so I saw a lovely photes of him with these.
Speaker 5: Headphones, yeah, the ear muffs.
Speaker 4: Remember when my sister in law visited from America and she wanted to take him to the Formula One, she bought him these little cute headphones. He didn't end up going because I thought it was a bit reckless to take him to. You were right, But they've come and us because he used them in Top Gun yesterday.
Speaker 3: So how was he during the movie because it's like an hour fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she pointed him forward so that he could watch the film. That's great parenting right there, three thirds of the way through, and then he went to sleep. So maybe next week I'll have to take him back so you can see the last part of Top Gun. But I was about to say they were both raving about it. Banker had came home and she look.
Speaker 3: Forward to me. We're always interested in the hot take, and eleven week old baby's hot take. I like to think that would get to Tom Cruise. He would, he'd actually fly to your house to speak.
Speaker 5: To Gordon Banger's raving about it.
Speaker 4: And then so last night she's got him on her lap and doing that baby talk thing she does.
Speaker 5: She's like, we love top Gun, didn't we love top Gun? And Miles Teller is your mummy's favorite actor.
Speaker 3: Isn't really got for him?
Speaker 4: That's the first I've ever heard about this. You never talked about Miles Teller. Now she's claiming that Miles Teller has always been her favorite.
Speaker 3: I love it. That's my wife. I've always loved that guy. You don't even name another. And then they go that drumming one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the drumming one.
Speaker 3: That's what No one came out saying, Oh I loved him in the drum the drummer boy, the little drummer boy was it.
Speaker 5: But now that he's rooster up, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's got the tash and all that. He's hot. Do you know what you should do right today? All right, we'll get you some questions. Why don't you do a spot Miles teller Queiz later on today in the kitchen, she won't anything apart from the drumming movie. Can any of us name any more miles telemovies?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: No, I can't. Perhaps you've got to go and see Top Gun by the No.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get gold class tickets.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to.
Speaker 3: Well, you're just like everybody act. You go online and book them.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I mean. Everything locally is booked out.
Speaker 5: Serious?
Speaker 3: Tom? Does that mean she's been asking the producers here to get a ticket?
Speaker 2: Have not asked?
Speaker 3: Please speak up? She because we had some last week. Did you get an email?
Speaker 5: I haven't got the email yet.
Speaker 3: You will do? Yeah, there's no way to.
Speaker 2: Pay for it myself.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thank you?
Speaker 5: Text deduction all.
Speaker 3: Right, coming up after seven o'clock. Then a really important question, do you have a pig that we can borrow to race? Jack Post?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Kyle's show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Folks, There were scenes yesterday in the last half hour the show, scenes that you can never put back together again because Jack said on the record he would be a pig in a race. Why did this even come up on the Breakfast show. That's a great question. I haven't got time to answer that. That's just the way we did the show. We were talking about the fact that pigs can apparently run at some pace. Who knew that a little piggy can get up to seven can do a sub seven minute mile.
Speaker 4: That is fast, it's fast, and it's commendable. But I can run faster than that. How do you know this based on In my mid twenties, I did some long middle distance running and I was quite good at it.
Speaker 3: Well you did it. You did a very fast half mouth and one twenty. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I told you guys that yesterday. Then I looked at the stats again and I don't think that's right. I think it might have been one forty.
Speaker 5: Still pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's still pretty good. Okay, but you still think now mid thirties.
Speaker 4: I haven't run for maybe five or six years, but I can definitely beat a pig.
Speaker 3: Yesterday Jack said he would requite get this because you know he's serious. Seven days training, seven days training to get back into shape to be a seven minute minor, which is which is fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But I mean, Bannister, wasn't it run a sub form innute mile?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But he was a pro A three I said to Jack today because he said I need seven days. Okay. I was like, well, we haven't got a pig yet, so yeah, you can have seven days. And obviously the first day would have been yesterday to any normal person. I'll get back out on the today and just he's in this yesterday said it was.
Speaker 5: Too cold, wet and cold yesterday.
Speaker 3: It's going to been like that for the next you know, a week. It's cold.
Speaker 5: But the first thing you have to do is mentally prepare yourself. Yesterday I prepared. If I can believe I can beat a pig in the race, then I can beat a pig in the race. And now I believe I can.
Speaker 3: So after the show, obviously we were asking, you know that the big part of the stands we need pigs for Jack to race against.
Speaker 11: We got this good Christian it's cav here from Noah's a Sarah Bread racing pigs. I'm I'm located up with the Sandy Creek Club up here and just say out a warrick in Queensland. Just have to my attention that you want to race the pig. I think I'd back my pig any day of the work now, Christian, I'm heading down your way on the I've got a job at the Yaram Country Club on the eleventh of June, and I'm also on the twelfth of June, I'm doing the Nandaily Hotel, which is my hometown, believe it or not, where I grew up. So hopefully we might be able to catch up with you then, mate, and we'll see how quick the pigs are.
Speaker 5: You're importing your racing pigs, we may need to wow.
Speaker 3: And also, you know, this guy is obviously some sort of big character in the industry working out of a pub.
Speaker 5: Did he say his job is racing pig?
Speaker 3: I did get that, impressure that that is a full time occupation.
Speaker 5: The headquarters is at the pub.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like the madam, isn't he running a bordello? There? Little piggy house And.
Speaker 5: So he takes him around the country, what so people can watch them run.
Speaker 3: Must see that sort of country sort of you know, fans and stuff like that, and they will the pigs will race.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm never a little bit intimidated to race a professional pig.
Speaker 3: Oh, this thing's going to be fair. And then you know they don't want about cold weather they race, rain or shine, they're ready. You're going to get creams by peak.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to go out to some Victorian farm and find a local pig. I don't know you're going to import one of the fastest pigs in the country.
Speaker 3: We don't know it's one of the fastest. It sounds like you're already walking down from it that you would hands down.
Speaker 5: Beat a pigs.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you have them? I mean, this state right has got has got so much farmland and piggies. There must be one nearer here. There must be someone you know who knows someone who has pigs that we can have one of them to race. All right, give us a call, then we need your pigs. Nine four one four one o four three. Do you have a pig that can race Jack?
Speaker 1: Next week The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Do.
Speaker 3: You have a pig that we can set up to race against Jack? Jack believes that he will outrun a pig. After we found out yesterday that Peace can run a seven minute mile. That's fine, we need eat pigs. Jack is that he needs showing some signs of regrettings and he he'll beat a pig.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm still confident.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound as confident as yesterday. There's a swagger that isn't there now?
Speaker 5: Voice is up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very confident, all right, that's sirs and cool, Sir Mark, good morning, good morning, Good morning Mark. So how can you help us out in our jack versus pig race?
Speaker 10: I reckon I can help him out. I'm a I double athletics coach. I trained under the same coach as Banister who ran the first four minute mile? Six seven minute mile? Isn't that actually that quick? About a six forty fifteen hundred that most ten year olds can do?
Speaker 3: So I know you old ain't doing it.
Speaker 10: I came up to speed in the next week or so.
Speaker 5: Mike, are you offering to train me or the pig?
Speaker 10: I'll train you, mate, I'll train you by texts and you can can come down to Athleticcessident where I coached one of the best clubs in Australia next Tuesday night, train with my group and we'll get you up to speed. I mean wait, how perfect mate? Yeah, yeah, perfect mate. Give my club.
Speaker 3: Some of the footing players want to come along and get a little bit of training as well. I think they need it Now when you say you were trained by the guy who trained Roger Banister, who obviously has set the first ever sub form minute miles that was broken, leave yes.
Speaker 10: Yes. Fran Staffel came and trained in Australia in the fifties till unfortunately passed away around nine point eighty five, and he trained a group of runners for years.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 10: The last man to win a gold medal for Australia Ralph de Bell, and I trained under him. I wasn't at that level, but I was reasonable, So I learned a lot of farms and hopefully I can pass a bit onto Jack.
Speaker 5: All right, Mike, what's the number one thing you give me for a seven day turnaround to beat a pig in a race?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 10: I would start by you've got to get aerobically fit. That means you've got to be basically fit. So you need to thirty minutes each day, and then we'll throw some short sharper stuff in towards.
Speaker 3: The end of it.
Speaker 10: We'll do a bit of a trial best three days out and we'll see he goes from there.
Speaker 5: Right, So trial is like, so you maybe dresses the pig and a race.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, no, no, no, like we might be doing that.
Speaker 10: Mate. We'll put some carns out and you can pretend to be chasing the carns or something.
Speaker 5: I love it. Mark, thank you for the offer.
Speaker 3: And Mark, when you say you weren't very quick, what could you do a mine in? I bet it was still very quick.
Speaker 10: Five minutes now, four fifteen.
Speaker 3: Four point fifteen, pretty good, that's incredible long time ago. Yeah, amazing. All right, Mark, thank you very much for giving us a call. We'd love to have you train Jackie Boy out.
Speaker 5: Mark, could you be kick now?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know about that.
Speaker 8: I'm not too sure.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're trying to rope in other mates. Now pigg has got to take hold Jim Jack all right, than hey, marking boy is not doing your dirty work. Xavier, good onrning Xave born in Christian tame.
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're good. So Jack now has a proper high level coach. Xavier, have you got pigs for us? Yeah? I certainly do. I go about three hundred and fifty can pick drom Oh fantastic. And what do you think will Jack be able to outrun them?
Speaker 17: No chance?
Speaker 3: Really, I'll even make him a deal if you can catch money, can.
Speaker 4: Keep it, Xavier, how do you it's not just the speed of him. How do you get him to run in the straight line for.
Speaker 5: A whole mile?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well that's probably a bit of a challenge, but I reckon, we need to make it a bit fair, make it a paddic challenge. So if you can run.
Speaker 5: No, no, this is track stuff. I'm not racing it on their home turf.
Speaker 3: No cross country made no, Yeah, I think it has to be done cross country.
Speaker 5: No Olympic standards.
Speaker 3: I think to go and respect a four hundred meter track starter's piece to what's in the broox.
Speaker 5: It's all changing now, it's changing. It's dangerous to run through a package my ankle.
Speaker 3: Now it's going to be a paddic you do over say four or five hundred meters, Xavier.
Speaker 5: Would your pigs run on an athletics track.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they would not, But I've probably got some in the chill or that you could probably beat pretty easy. I reckon, Yeah, cross country has got to be that. That's fair. That's their territory.
Speaker 5: Okay, can't be muddy though, gumpets pigs are good in mud.
Speaker 3: And that is unfair to the human I would think the mud would slow you both down.
Speaker 5: No, pigs love mud. It's one of the known things.
Speaker 3: It's one They're superpower.
Speaker 5: It's got to be dry.
Speaker 3: Tell me this then, have you got an area or could we find an are with dry glass and they grass and they would still race there? Okay, you bet we could. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well start choosing your fastest pigs.
Speaker 3: Have you got any any of them? They're that quick?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you'll catch the big c as I spose, but I'll pick on it.
Speaker 15: They'll give him a run.
Speaker 3: Freeze money.
Speaker 5: You pick your fastest pig, right right done?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: When your kids become teenagers, the the moments of them having nightmares have all gone, when they would come and you know, come into your bedroom late at night. I've had a scary dream and stuff like that. But my tough little fifteen year old daughter had a nightmare at the weekend and it was about this TV show Stranger Things. Brilliant, brilliant show. It is back. It was already pretty for long, but now this new season, I think season three is really scary, obnestly, really scary, and obviously too much of her. She actually came into my wife and I in the bedroom in the early hours, and I said everything like what, she goes, I've just had a nightmare.
Speaker 5: There's something cute about her.
Speaker 3: I was made up like she's still oh she still needs us, and I said, well else, he goes. I was watching Strange the Things I went through in the dad mode. I told you about that show, my wife, and to nudgement went oh, yeah, yeah, he's everything, so I thought this morning, then we talk about what gave you a nightmare as a kid. Do you remember there were certain things sometimes that would really unsettle us that you still remember now. For me, what gave me a nightmare as a kid? I remember it was one of my actual favorite cinematic experiences was when Thom was that my dad took me to go and see The Empire Strikes Back and second of the Star Wars movies, and it's still on one of my favorite movies of all time. However, there's a bit in the movie where Han Solo, who was my hero because he was a space pirate. It was like the rebel he gets frozen in carbonite and I found it and even now I was watching a clip yesterday evening I still find it now really unsettling to watch as a kid. It was heartbreaking as my hero and they darfraid of frozen in carbonite, and I was like, does he know he's in the carbonite, trapped in there when they're going to get him out? Dad? Oh God, that's going on ten book.
Speaker 5: I can't fee.
Speaker 3: Started breathing from darth. It was too much for the young eight year old me. It still is now, Jackie boy, what gave you nightmares? As a key?
Speaker 5: Mine was from the real world.
Speaker 4: So at the plaza that we used to shop out, I remember they had a wanted poster up for three men, and I asked my mom.
Speaker 3: Don't get a lot wanting posters.
Speaker 5: Why did they ever?
Speaker 3: Why did they ever have those? Like we were meant to do our bit. I mean, what do we if we see them with these dangerous men that the police can't get hold of. They want us to tackle the plaza. So anyway, you saw those wanted.
Speaker 5: Posts, I said, Mum, what did those guys through?
Speaker 3: She had?
Speaker 4: She said something bad, And that night I still vividly remember the dreams, repeated nightmares I had of those men coming through the window.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting how the window, things hiding in cupboards, under the bed. There were those three main areas. Things coming in through the window and getting you or taking you out of the window was my what was my nightmare? As well?
Speaker 4: I used to dream of having a windowless room because the window was where the guy any bed.
Speaker 3: Well, that dream simm became tripple because if you work in radio, most of the roads they shove us in in the hellhole somewhere is a windowless cell.
Speaker 5: But the least we're safe.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Asking you Today, then what gave you nightmares as a kid? On nine four one four one o four three for me Han Solo Prones and in Carbonite Empire Strikes Back Jackie boy a wanted posts of three criminals in the local plaza. David, Hello, Hello David? What was it that gave you nightmares as a kid?
Speaker 17: The original pet Cemetery when the little boy has died and he hides under the bed with a calving knife and he slices the achilles tendon of the person walking path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't like this now, how utterly terrifying. We create sort of images under the bed, but actually someone on there with a flipping knife slashing you.
Speaker 7: Oh I know, and I can even feel it now. And every time I went past the bit, I wouldn't jump up onto the walking pass.
Speaker 3: Like steal divers boots.
Speaker 7: Thank you, David.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. Have a good day. See we'll do it by Amelia. Good morning, Amelia, Good morning Amelia. What gave you nightmares as a kid?
Speaker 16: This scene where the characters get thrown into the fire pit out of toy Story and they're holding hands?
Speaker 3: Oh that made me cry that scene?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, that scene. I always have nightmares that it's my family instead of the characters that are holding hand.
Speaker 3: Oh that's terrifying.
Speaker 18: Yes, pretty scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is. I've got the scene here, but now I don't feel it's responsible to play it to you down the phone the man on the radio. It's a strange kind of a version in therapy, isn't it?
Speaker 7: A mean?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much to give us a call mate, Have a good day, Thank you too. Hi, how we got here? Stephanie?
Speaker 13: Yeah it's Stephanie.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Is it Stephanie?
Speaker 1: Yes it is?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I thought it was Stephanie. What gave you night versus a kid?
Speaker 19: Okay, I avoided it at all costs watching Freddy Krueger because that was in my time, because I knew that if you fall asleep, Freddy krue comes after you. And what happened is I was at an older flying's house and my brothers were watching it with them, and I was just came when I was going to a toilet and there was a scene when the.
Speaker 14: Girl was in the body bag.
Speaker 19: Now the girl in the body bag, her name is Tiffany, which is very similar to my name, Stephanie. And I watched only one minute of it, and I absolutely crapped myself because I saw someone pulling the body bag and the blood all over the floor and she's like, they're calling to a Tiffany, Tiffany. And then when I went to bed that night, and for the next like months and a half, my brothers used to come to my bedroom at night time and I was just get to fall asleep, and they would go at the door.
Speaker 13: Stephane, Stephanie is gonna get you. And I could not fall asleep, Like we didn't sleep for like two weeks, and the teachers at.
Speaker 14: School are like, what's wrong with her?
Speaker 19: Like I've got a headache, I can't sleep because my brothers used to get a crap out of me, and I was just get to fall asleep. We can you imagine that you can't sleep because if you fall asleep, pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be How many older brothers did that around the world.
Speaker 19: No, that's not older, it's two younger brothers.
Speaker 3: Young. That is so cruel.
Speaker 8: I get.
Speaker 3: What a terrifying movie that was.
Speaker 13: Yeah, eventually my friends told me it's not real. You can go to sleep, and then yeah, it took a while, but I.
Speaker 19: Ended up getting to sleep.
Speaker 3: Like your friend's side, weren't the teachers in the stage like an intervention or something? Just let me pause it.
Speaker 19: They were like five years older than me, so for them they were teenagers. I was only like seven eight years old, and.
Speaker 3: They were too young to be exposed to that horrific movie.
Speaker 20: Yes, terrifick, but I'm not scared of it anymore.
Speaker 19: Well, you never never watched, never watched the movie ever because of that?
Speaker 3: What do you reckon if you watched it in full again? What do you reckon it'll been like, do you think you could watch it in full again?
Speaker 14: No, that's why I've avoided it.
Speaker 7: And this happens.
Speaker 3: Things over us.
Speaker 14: No, no, I will never watch Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 19: They say it's so lame.
Speaker 13: Now in like you know, twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, it won't be as scary as it was then. So what even if I said, I'll give you one hundred dollars, but you've got to watch the whole movie.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, they have to give me like they would have to give me a million dollars.
Speaker 14: There's no way one hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: On No, all right, it's definite great cool. I'm going to send your prize only give you particular so much bulletin and gold as you've gotta go and see Nightmare on Elm Street though the original only.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast What.
Speaker 3: Gave You Nightmares as a kid? Also this out, we've been talking about how Jack is still standardized words yester, that he will be a pig in a race, and we're trying to get hold of the pig for him to race. And you've got We've got a guy called Mark who's like an internationally qualified pro athletics coach who is going to be training Jack in the next week. This is a great ema here from Donna White, Christian, listen to show today. The team here at Sports Power would love to kitch Jack out in the right gear. Yes, this is great new shoes kit. We know he loves free swag. We think it could give Jack the edge. Well, he needs something that's going to give him the edge, Donner, I guess I need.
Speaker 5: Like football boots. If we're going to run in the at.
Speaker 3: Once this guy knows that it's Sports Power, he'll be leaving. Have you emptying the store? Basically a bit like I won the kids in the walka factory.
Speaker 5: Just give me whatever's going to be best on a paddy?
Speaker 3: All right, that's yeah. Let's go to lines and and what's scare? What gave you nightmares as a kid? Sage?
Speaker 7: Good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Sage, Welcome to a show. And now what was it for you? What gave you a nightmare as a kid?
Speaker 21: Like it happened so many, so many times, I'd have nightmares about spiders. I'm twenty years old and I'm still getting these nightmares. Millions of little spiders like all over me and stuff.
Speaker 3: Buddy, what did that? Did you watch her? Like a horror movie or rack? Favorite?
Speaker 1: Think? So?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 21: I literally think it was that movie a raclophobia.
Speaker 3: Whenever I think, didn't now sound itch, there's spiders everywhere. Have you seen a racmophobia?
Speaker 5: I would never ast No, it's.
Speaker 3: Terrifying movies, spiders anywhere for the whole movie. Sage, thank you very much.
Speaker 20: She cool, no worries.
Speaker 3: Tell me one thing I noticed. Obviously there's a lot of people calling in with what gave them nightmares? As a kid. Jack has actually been offering a counseling service. He's there with his head He does wear a headset right during the songs, and he takes the calls along with Rio and Tom and Perry this week. And I heard you actually saying to a couple of calls, and how does this manifest itself? This is all complimentary. When you call this show, your call will be taken by trained counselors. Let's go to Leanne High Christian Hello, Leanne, Now what gave you? You sound like a kid? How old are you, Lianne?
Speaker 22: I'm not a kid. I'm like forty.
Speaker 3: How's that schoolment?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 22: Actually I used to be scared that the patterns in the carpet at my grandma's house used to come to life at night and they'd come and attack me like she used to have that old fashion carpet with all the faces.
Speaker 3: You know, I gotta be honest, I don't remember any old carpets with faces.
Speaker 5: Time period.
Speaker 22: Oh like I don't know, from probably the fifties or something that it like that old car. But you know when you still stuff, you can't see you because we're just patterned through with.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean that the swirls.
Speaker 22: Yeah, well no, and they sort of they had like yeah, but they look like faces to me.
Speaker 3: See yeah, even when when you signed to look at the light switches and was convinced at nighttime it was a face staring at me. It was going to get me.
Speaker 22: Yeah, but the cart was or what have it?
Speaker 3: Teamed up with the light switch and the sockets. They all like faces to me. And the fronts of cars.
Speaker 5: We have a nightmare off on our head.
Speaker 3: How does it manifest itself? Well, Leanne, not the child. Thank you very much. You give us a call.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you thought that was a kid.
Speaker 5: I can back you up though, that was a kid.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello Kim Christian and asked a kid, I was terrified of the Muppet Show and that Swedish chef. I never liked that Swedish chef. Once he cooked spaghetti and the spaghetti came alive. Good god, I didn't know that that would have freaked me out. Now this week we found out that Patsy has red carded her husband Chris from leaving the house worn tracksuit pants. We think this is a very harsh red card. There are certain things in relationships that we're all not allowed to do. Something have happened, and then they have to instigate a rule that you ban from a stop. There are red cards that you have in your relationship, things that you've been red carded from. Because I was practicing once my golf chipping in the house, which on reflection is a stupid thing to do with actual hard golf balls, and I'd lined up the bin by the back window, and so it will either went in the bin. That's if you're very good at golf, and I'm not so I was practicing, or either side of the bin. It's a slim wiggle room is actual glass. Guess what on the third chip got hit the glass and shattered it.
Speaker 5: There's a good way to practice like because it forces you to be accurate because you can't.
Speaker 3: It didn't force me, no, I couldness. Nothing went in the been nothing when in the beIN other than my chipping driver. I was red carded from no more practicing golf in the house. What have you been red carded from? Jack?
Speaker 4: It was online chess, and I've had to negotiate now with my partner. I'm on now one game of day is that it played one game of day of chess, and Bianca will see me playing and she'll say, is this the first one you played today?
Speaker 5: I promise this is the first one I played today.
Speaker 4: The thing that is hard for her to tell is if I played consistent games back to back, I can just say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were smuggles wouldn't know us chess. Smuggles wouldn't know whether it's still an ongoing game.
Speaker 4: You're on the same game. He's taken a long time, isn't he from Japan?
Speaker 3: Thinking about those moves? And are you getting better at chess?
Speaker 4: I am actually yes. My rating is now twelve hundred. When I played the kid in here last year, I was only a thousand.
Speaker 3: This is if you've recently listened to the show one of the ugliest scenes in the show where a kid came into play jacket chess, and normally in entertainment they would let the child win. Jackie Boy not only didn't let the child win, smashed him and then laughed in his face.
Speaker 5: I did laugh.
Speaker 3: I saw it. Rio, you saw it as well.
Speaker 5: You laughed. You threw your hands in the air. You're basically screaming in his He had tears.
Speaker 3: In his He had tears. Well, I will get the video. He had glistening eyes.
Speaker 5: He was a cocky kid. I didn't laugh. I cheered a little bit.
Speaker 3: You he screams, and let this.
Speaker 5: Let this be a lesson to the peak next week. I did not pull punches on the show. So I will race at one hundred percent next week, and I don't care if it hurts the pig.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty one, he took down a child. Twenty two, he takes on a pig.
Speaker 5: You're a one manner radio anything you said next?
Speaker 3: Al right, what have you been red carded from? This wild chess man? What have you been red carded from? You might have issued the red card to your other half or what are you not allowed to do?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow on the show in honor of Jack making a child cry? When did you make a child cry? There wasn't your own. That's tomorrow's show. That's the show turns for.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: You made that kick cry? He holds me in my radio nightmare, of which I have them every night. He cry. Anyway, Okay, what are you banned from doing? What are your red cards in your relationship? On nine four one four one four three. I'm not allowed to practice golf indoors anymore. We shouldn't have happened in the first place anyway. It's odd that I have to be told that and red guarded from it. Any normal saying adult would actually just know. You don't swear a golf club if you're not very good at it. Inside Jackie Boys Band.
Speaker 5: From Well, I'm down to a strict one game per day on online chess.
Speaker 3: Does Chris have any red cards for you? Patsy?
Speaker 2: I'm not allowed touch the remote control because inevitably I muck the telly up.
Speaker 3: How can you? I don't know what it goes off, break it as you're throwing it at it.
Speaker 2: Always do something that and the coffee maker he's got muck up his programs on the banned.
Speaker 3: These presets, the graphic equalizers.
Speaker 2: How on earth do you get yourself to air every day with that big radio panel when you can't even are.
Speaker 5: There any buttons at home? You're allowed to pray pretty much, know, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, have you seen that what I have you've seen? Have you've been into her den? In there the studio, the F eleven key where she thumps it, where it finds on the next music, that's it, the nine. The engineers have to replace it everywhere for a mile away.
Speaker 2: It's like halfway across the studio. I have a seamless, seamless.
Speaker 3: It's like the Swedish chef when it's banged around you the news.
Speaker 2: My news is seamless, Thank you very much, right No.
Speaker 3: Four one four one o four three? What are you red carded from? Jared? Good morning wedding.
Speaker 9: Here you go on, Christian, I'm good mate.
Speaker 3: I hope you having a good week so far? And what are you not allowed to do?
Speaker 9: I'm red carded for online shopping for my wife?
Speaker 3: And what are you? What your weaknesses? What are you online shopping for? Well?
Speaker 9: I was sort of surprising her with some tickets to Missus Brown's boys. But we go there surprising and we have a big night planned, and it happened to be that I was a year early.
Speaker 3: What do you mean a year You've got there a year early? Yeah, Missus Brown and the boys haven't set off from England yet.
Speaker 5: Oh, penny drop. And when you noticed nobody else talking.
Speaker 9: To yeah, exactly when I was sort of banging on the door saying, well, how come there's sort of not many people here? And then we check the tickets and I looked at the you though, John Stephens Live.
Speaker 3: That's a great story.
Speaker 9: Thank you very muchee.
Speaker 20: Sharon, come on him, Hi, Christian, I am red carded from cooking. My husband calls it self preservation. He says, the final straw is my Irish shoe?
Speaker 3: How bad was the Irish stew I.
Speaker 20: Thought it was quite nice, but he didn't like the combination of dirty different vegetables.
Speaker 3: All right, Sharon, thank you very much, you call thanks all right, So call us up. So Christian, I'm not allowed to what are you read carded from? In your relationship? Don't forget prices for calls. Always on the show, and it's back this week. One thousand dollars in cash for the best called of the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berry.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, could you say you? Thank you? To the unknown guy in the blue ute? He just how to car the broken down the middle lane of the Eastern Freeway hodds eat lights. He got out, pushed the car out the way by himself and just got in issue and went off to work. He's a single hand. He got Melbourne traffic moving again. I love that. All right, we're asking what have you been red carded from doing in your relationship? Amy? Good morning, Good morning, Hello Amy? What are you red carded from?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 18: I'm red carded for drinking red wine whilst watching TV.
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 20: I have a few factor of shocks, So.
Speaker 18: If I get a fright right, the red wine goes up and it comes down and it doesn't always come down straight. And it ended up all over the couch twice this week, actually, the first time on the couch, the second time in bed.
Speaker 20: Didn't see it coming.
Speaker 1: What do?
Speaker 3: What fright did you have in bed? Your husband naked? Or what was going on?
Speaker 21: Not quite a new show?
Speaker 8: Russian doll oil?
Speaker 18: You know, I didn't know what happened and didn't see the taxi coming. So yeah, red carded.
Speaker 3: Good time, Amy, thank you very much. She cool, have a good day.
Speaker 7: You're welcome, see you bye bye.
Speaker 3: Namey, Hi there, Hi, And what have you been red carded from?
Speaker 16: I haven't been red carded, but I have issued my husband a red card for never ever ever setting up a tent again.
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 3: Is it awful?
Speaker 16: The reason because we took two I don't do camping, but I gave him this particular weekend. It was cold in beachwear, freezing raining, and we took two sets of tents, and unfortunately, my husband's got to be a great idea to save room and combine the tents and the pole. But we got there.
Speaker 3: Just thinking about that.
Speaker 16: It took hours to put them up, but I refused to help him in the rain and the wind and the cold. I sat in the car played Candy Crush on my phone for hours, so being thank stupid. And I can't repeat what I said because I guess I can guess we're all the scene red carded setting up.
Speaker 3: Probably red card himself never doing that. All right, right, all right, have a nice today, Thanks Namy.
Speaker 21: Thanks.
Speaker 7: Liz, Good morning, Good morning, how are you. I'm good, good, Thanks God God. My husband.
Speaker 13: Yes, he gave himself a red cub because we normally take our dog to Bunnings together and I'm normally the one that does everything sensible as women do.
Speaker 7: And anyway, he.
Speaker 13: Took the dog to Bunnings, he didn't get the trolley from outside. He decided to get the trolley from inside. The dog timed it perfectly right at the front door. The dog decided to do a huge poop right at the front door of Bunnings. My husband was dreadfully embarrassed and refused to go to Bunnings again with the dog.
Speaker 7: Either, which I.
Speaker 5: Let this guy do not serve this dog, No, no more, I.
Speaker 13: Said to him. Then afterwards, a few weeks later, I said, how about we take Daves to Bunnings.
Speaker 3: Should let him just because he's called all right Dave, and then your husband should stay outside. You wait out that mate, Dave can come in. He's all right, that's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, So poor old Dave had to stay home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's never going to get to expense too. Have a little chicken dump on the ball.
Speaker 7: Cuting one out, all right and stop laughing.
Speaker 3: No, no, we can't Thank you list, Thank you what actually call take care?
Speaker 20: Thank you you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I felt that Lizz's name. We would get on well together, don't.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time now for today's time waste on. We're going to high brow today. We are going highbrow. It is World Shakespeare Day. Anyone unless you do Shakespeare at school. We didn't. At my juvenile Detentions center that I went to, we did.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 2: We did your Twelfth Night, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet merchanto Venice. Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Patsy, Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 5: Jackie boy, we just did Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, it's an amazing It's one of the greatest stories ever told. All right today then on World Shakespeare Day, we're looking for your Shakespeare bands.
Speaker 5: I'm happy with mine.
Speaker 3: I'm happy with you, Katie Shakespeare Silver will I am Shakespeare, When I am Shakespeare, Where I am Shakespeare.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you the third time.
Speaker 3: Silver Plush. Come on, it's worth some gold? Much? You two about nothing? Much? You two about nothing gold? Kings of lear gold? Do you know what I went to see years ago when he was alive. Bless him, George Michael in a Shakespeare the play. That's right, wamlet to beaver or not to baba? That is the question. Silver, okay, and Julius Weezer's gold our Sydney University educated Rio.
Speaker 17: And the halls.
Speaker 3: The professor would like that one. All right, Jackie boy, Shakespeare bands, I.
Speaker 5: Can impress the Sydney University. Oh yeah, alumni as well. MC Hamlet, Hey, good start.
Speaker 3: Good start. It's nothing there low brown, low, low start, Bronze, David Lee doth oh, yeah, that's good. Silver, The Taming of the who Oh, that's gold, very smart. And Romeo Romeo, We're for art, Garfuncle the card plus gold plus very good.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o' carl's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time now to mark your time wasters. Today on World Shakespeare Day, we're looking for your Shakespeare bands. Let's see how you've got on. Jackie boy, you're ready to art.
Speaker 5: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Shakespeare bands.
Speaker 5: K C and the Shakespeare Band Bronze.
Speaker 3: I thought that's good. The Sunshine Band, the Shakespeare No, it's just been a little one. Matt Sorry, Matte Fleetwood Macbeth Silverbri Brittany Shakespeare's Gold. Well done, Luke and listen to the show in Noosa Mega Macbeth heavy metal version of Meth Silver Swrom, Josh Guns and Rosenkrantz. That is good.
Speaker 5: Remind me of Rosen krants.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, remind you of what they've been around for six hundred years. Bronze, Bronze, Figrants, he's giving himself bronze. That is gold to be or not to begs Gold. That's very good. Let's well done. Pucks Fizz Gold. That's super smart, Brad, that is very good, Pucks Fizz. This is high level. Someone's been doing some googling. Panic at the Globe Theater, where he did most.
Speaker 5: Of his famous plays. I assume Gold.
Speaker 3: Ugly kid hamlet on, David, put your name on the one who are sent in Panic at the Globe Theater. Bardi b Gold so good. I've been looking at that for three or four minutes admiring it like it was a beautiful construction. That is so good. One and Jan Lockwood Bardi b is so good. And finally Capulet Zeppelin so much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let Me tell You about tomorrow's show today? Are we going to try Dave the phone in course up tomorrow? Just bring us out there. I'll see what I get today on emails, and then I might change course tomorrow. But I have a theory I'd like to test on tomorrow's show that Dave's are inherently funny. We heard about a dog today called Dave who did a funny thing.
Speaker 5: So has anything of Dave has done?
Speaker 3: Tell me a best story about a Dave testing out my theory tomorrow. Dave's are funny. James are fun guys. I gotta mate Dave. He's a funny guy.
Speaker 5: I know, a very serious Dave.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't want that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Friends, brother, I'm just saying we're the serious if.
Speaker 3: We do that Monday. The other side to Dave, you messed about a day tomorrow. We'll also have knock on Friday. And you today, what are you going to go out and do?
Speaker 4: I will be running. I'll be lacing up this afternoon. I will get back out there no matter how Raynolds shine.
Speaker 3: Has he been drinking?
Speaker 5: Confidentider you didn't?
Speaker 3: Right now, there's a pig laughing. It's actually kicking off his trainer's going, I don't need to train at all. Why is Jack going to be training days? What he's trying to say before we had a sad stroke on out there is he's racing a pig next week and you need to train, mark your trainer. Your coach said you need to be half. You won't do it half in our day.
Speaker 5: That's a bit. It doesn't take half an hour to run a kilometer.
Speaker 3: But it means you train doing some longer cardio.
Speaker 5: Run two hundred today, run you mean two hundred meters.
Speaker 3: Shop mill bar.
Speaker 5: I'm going to build up the mile.
Speaker 3: No one comes from any word putting the train on to.
Speaker 5: Do two hundred meters Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'll do two hundred a day. That's a job to where you park.
Speaker 4: Your car Wednesday. I'll be up at eight hundred Thursday, and then I'll save myself.
Speaker 5: For the full mile.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, he's pacing himself. All right, we'll see you tomorrow. If you want to get in early with those funny day stories, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast