Speaker 1: People do some weird ship. This is this is a big one. This is for the girls. This one somethings makes more sense than the others.
Speaker 2: Lindsay lohanded in the face after trying to take a.
Speaker 3: Boy away from a mother. You're a good little boy.
Speaker 4: I won't leave enjoyed the.
Speaker 1: Please yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 3: That's the line.
Speaker 5: I see it quite clearly. Get new glasses.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 5: One Mitch is clearly better than the other one.
Speaker 1: Now Here is mich Julie and Mitchell ko Oh and a very special guest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a third wheel with us for one. It's our first guest host.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn Ross.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn Ross, need thread for pilm and Jackie Oh, Hello, welcome to me.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on. I love your intro that you've got with Lindsey Lohan and some Pauline in there. Yeah, crack up every time.
Speaker 6: So you have actually listened.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask, I have listened excellent, So you know what you're getting yourself into.
Speaker 1: Believe it. Listen.
Speaker 3: I listened to like the first fifteen minutes and then I because I'd like to just go through podcasts to see like, oh, what are they talking about? Towards the end? So I did a bit of that.
Speaker 2: You heard anym you heard one of the is just yes, okay, Yeah, that's the core of the show. If I've got one good I'm proud of you than I normally think about on the spot, So you are better than me.
Speaker 5: Later on, we'll have to ask you which third wheel you prefer being ours or Kyl and Jackie. Oh's very different experiences.
Speaker 6: I would say, very different.
Speaker 1: Who would you say is the Kyle and Jackie of this dynamic of you two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well just size wise.
Speaker 1: You know what we were talking off about not making any fat.
Speaker 3: Jokes and you did it.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: Well shit, well we'll get the scoop. We want to do a segment that I've created. It's called head Lies. Now Mitch thinks it sounds like headlines.
Speaker 6: I get itchy every time you mention it.
Speaker 1: It's nothing to do with head lies. That we know eucalyptus and that you know that fine truth come that you're going to really get through.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, not only orgasmatrons. We've got one of those in the newsroom here. Clean out of all our draws and stuff, and the orgasmatron came out, and I was like, I kind of want to throw this away, but I kind of want to. Yeah, forever, you never know. You never know. You're just going to be sitting at your desk wanting you need an orgasmatron.
Speaker 6: But it's headlines.
Speaker 5: The nature of your job, working for such a big radio show, you do end up on the Daily Mail and all that shit.
Speaker 6: So what have you done? You found some real headlines and some fake news lots some.
Speaker 2: Real headlines that involve you, Brooklyn Ross, and some fake headlines that involve you, But you have to debunke tell us which is true, which is incorrect.
Speaker 3: I've really don't understand this game is clearly I'm going to know the answer to but I'm supposed to pretend that I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: But also it's the fact that a lot of the headlines are misleading, and so it's an opportunity for you to clarify the actual story that that's what daily mail does. They pick up on one tiny sentence, take it out of context. Not even just daily Mail, god knows who's writing about you. But yeah, it's an opportunity to explain yourself.
Speaker 2: So we'll debunk them later in the show. I think we should jump into the first igypt.
Speaker 6: Should we show him how it's done before he does his?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go first. Sure, let's dive into the show. Excited to have you, Brooklyn, Thank you for the first igypt.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Am I the only person who seemingly hates honey soy and chicken chips?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: I've always thought that they've been a little bit over hyped, to be honest, So I'm with you on that.
Speaker 6: And it was always the family's go.
Speaker 2: To, everyone's go to quickly round table. What's your favorite chip minus the tomatoes? Source one the big red chip.
Speaker 5: Burgers for sure?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know. Actually grain waves green grain waves real? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah good.
Speaker 1: I remember when they came out that was like electric cars. Everyone's like grain waves.
Speaker 3: It was as if they were healthy. Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they're not.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not.
Speaker 5: Is it just the one brand that does honey soy chicken, Like, there's no Smith's Honey soy Chicken.
Speaker 6: I think whatever Rock Yeah, they're the only ones that have done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that's become like the Mercedes Benz of the chips, and I am so over it. So I've come up with some other things that I ought that a mainstream that I like, and I just want to see if you guys are into it. Okay, Okay, Rainbow paddle pops?
Speaker 1: I detest them.
Speaker 3: Do you know that the hell's buying a rainbow paddle pop these days? Anyways?
Speaker 5: I heard they don't actually have their own flavor, it's just the color, like they taste the same.
Speaker 2: I've rainbow and caramel are exactly yeah, yeah, because what's it's supposed to taste?
Speaker 3: Like, what's rainbow something?
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on my next one, which is controversial. I think I absolutely think cereal has no place in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 2: Really, we just have so many other options and milk and cereal. It just people are off milk. Milk's not a thing. You've got almond milks. Everyone's over dairy.
Speaker 6: We're living in different worlds, aren't we.
Speaker 5: Because I don't know what you're talking about, country boy, I love a throat loop to this day. Oh really, yeah, rice bubbles.
Speaker 3: To me, it's just like fake food, you know, like a fruit loop or a neutral grain. What the hell even is that it's not real food?
Speaker 2: Imagine the marketing coming up with it. You know what, It's got grains in it, and it's got nutrients in it. Tree Gray, Like, you've done it again, Gary Great.
Speaker 1: He came up with Chris Picks.
Speaker 3: As well, and a lot of these Kellogg's things have five star health ratings on them. Yes, what is that like four or something? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, one more, I'm done tea now hear me out. Everyone's like the other day I had stomach cramps and my mum was like, have a Cama mile And I'm like, you know what, that actually sounds really pleasing. Nice camera mile, some herbs and a hot water that might soothe my tummy. You put it in and it's just like hay soaked in water. There's just nothing nice about it at all. And it's always too hot. Then you leave it for maybe five minutes and then it's too cold. There's no no medium point, and it just does nothing.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're doing wrong, but like, it can't be that bad. Hey, you soaked in water?
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a chemamile tea?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They're not great.
Speaker 5: I don't think t would get us through the day enough though, Brooklyn. We both get up super early for our job.
Speaker 1: You guys who need a hardcore coffee.
Speaker 3: Coffee John's on Carl Jacks right, yeah, Timbo.
Speaker 1: That was my job before I got on air, the coffee bitch.
Speaker 5: I was never there when you were the coffee bitch. It would have been such a fun time bossing you around.
Speaker 2: It was only for a little bit, but I was quite nice. I was still scared to talk to you all. I was terrified to talk to you. Why just because you're on air and I was the street teamer and then I was cash cock at that point.
Speaker 3: So I'll tell you what, I am quite like shy person really, And you know, celebrities coming all the time, and I'm like, oh, I'm not going to say anything to them, like I just and anyone who can come in and talk to me for sure.
Speaker 5: Like I always used to notice before I worked for Carl and Jackio just as a listener, but during the celebrity interviews, you would just disappear because you're always his third voice with Kyl and Jackio chiming in occasionally, but during celebri interviews, he would just Vanish. Yeah, and now I know it's because you're a little bit shy around them.
Speaker 6: You're like, oh I don't want to interview.
Speaker 3: That's true, and also like I don't know Carle Jack, yo, just do a great Yeah, there's no need for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything that's popular mainstream that you will not touch or are against boycott condoms?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well I've got a boyfriend now, so.
Speaker 8: You can follow the show online. Just search a couple of mitches. If you don't, you're a tickhead?
Speaker 6: Are you following it's Brooklyn? Or are you a dickhead?
Speaker 3: I think I'm a dickhead.
Speaker 1: Your boyfriend follows us? Actually yeah, because he followed the page and then he followed me, which I was very impressed with.
Speaker 3: I might be following it. Hey, I'm checking now I think you are. I don't know. I don't follow it.
Speaker 6: Like, we shan't carry on until we make sure you're following.
Speaker 3: Is it? What's your actual I'm following?
Speaker 5: There we go. You can stay.
Speaker 1: You're not a dickhead? Are you following? How this works as well? You're after me? Sure?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: It's my turn, right?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Do celebrities just.
Speaker 6: Think that we're all dumb.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed recently that they've all been trying to convince it all that they're giving out their numbers and oh we can now text you. Oh you can now text me and I'll give you updates. There's been like Ashton Courtcha j Lo, Paul McCartney, and most recently Ellen.
Speaker 9: Hey, I have a really cool new thing to tell you about. I am going to give you a phone number, So get a pen. I'll wait. Actually, I know you're holding your phone, so put it in your phone. It's three one oh four or five five eight eight five eight Okay, great there now text me seriously, that is my community number, So you can text me and then I can send all of you text updates right to your phone. It's the future.
Speaker 5: Oh so, it's obviously a marketing thing that they descend updates and whatever to people's phone directly, But every single Celect thing I've seen promoting this community number or whatever have phrased it as though, oh my god, I'm leaking my number, guys, Oh my god, And I'm like, surely no one's sitting at home watching Ellen actually believes that that's her number.
Speaker 1: They would one hundred percent they would you think.
Speaker 3: I think some people would believe it, But I do agree with you that it's just like so insulting, isn't it? Why all this bullshit? Oh I'm giving you my phone number?
Speaker 5: Well see I used to think, Ah, the only people that would opt in for that kind of thing are just ridiculous. Oh what it is? What kind of idiot would want to celebrity texting them these automatically generated marketing things like all those bloody texts you get from Domino's and Red Rooster until Oh, a certain celebrity that I enjoy?
Speaker 1: Oh, who is it? Dina Menzel?
Speaker 5: No, it's not Adeena Menzel.
Speaker 1: Idabatchros has done it.
Speaker 5: It's not Idabosh. I think probably even more embarrassing than signing up for Idabachos. Denise No think international Forgod.
Speaker 1: So I'm just thinking Likechael.
Speaker 6: Embarrassing, like Betty White, Shannaia Twain.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 5: I literally texted the number. This was what she posted.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, so my number is seven oh two five hundred zero seven one bay. And then after that you're going to be getting a text directly from me. I'm just going to be texting you behind the scenes stuff going on, you know, behind the scenes at the show, during the rehearsals, all that kind of fun stuff.
Speaker 1: She has no time.
Speaker 5: I was like, I mean, all judgment about people have signed up for these bullshit celebrity marketing messages.
Speaker 6: It's gone because I'm on board with Shania Twain.
Speaker 3: So is it free? Like? Are you paying anything to get this stuff?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But the sad thing to do what you don't even know?
Speaker 5: Well, I texted her here. Look, I just I just wrote, Sup.
Speaker 1: What did she say?
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Shanaia. Sorry, I can't text this country right now.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm impressed you do get a message. I mean, she obviously can text this country because she just sent you that text.
Speaker 5: But I can't opt in for any of her updates and her newsletters and whatever. And I was like, oh, I got my hopes up for nothing. I want to know what she and I is up to.
Speaker 1: But what would it be? Press one for my life? Press too to see what I had for lunch.
Speaker 6: I'll never know.
Speaker 5: It's a mystery to me.
Speaker 1: Pressing.
Speaker 5: Sometimes these texts from marketing things can actually be helpful. The other day I got a text from Red Rooster and I was like, oh my god, they're doing bloody waffle cones.
Speaker 6: Now, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Is that Red Rooster doing those waffle cones something like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw we.
Speaker 1: Want we save Red Rooster from liquidation.
Speaker 3: Did you Yeah, just yourself when you've got dinner or what happened.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised you missed this. Being a journalist, lots of articles about your life, no, not news in your life. There were lots of articles out saying that all these Red Red Rooster staws were closing in a rapid rate, and so to try and prepare for the worst, Mitch was doing DIY Red Rooster roles so that if Heaven they shut down, we'd be able to cope.
Speaker 1: And they saw it and they were like, we love this, and they retweeted it on their Twitter.
Speaker 3: And they would they're desperate.
Speaker 5: But then they eventually said, by the way, all the seven saws that were closing are now being reopened.
Speaker 3: And so we just took credit their macaroni and cheese rolls for a while.
Speaker 1: Did that Now?
Speaker 3: I was into that really. Yeah. I don't know if they're still around, but I mean just macaroni and cheese on a bloody bread roll.
Speaker 5: It's so simple and yet they nail it. You know, all right, the big moment, it's time for your is it just me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Dive in?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Have self scanned check it? Like check outs at supermarkets become really difficult to use as of late, Like every time Woolworths one is coming up saying like you don't have your own bag, or like you have to wait for the bitch to come over and check it and get in it.
Speaker 5: And even then they used to like run over to you to assist you if they saw that little light fishing required absolutely no hurry bush is like.
Speaker 3: And they would have to hand you the orshy. They're over it now.
Speaker 2: Although you get the one really enthusiastic one. I went to the shopping center in like Macquarie Center here in Sydney, and that was when wool worst were doing the.
Speaker 1: Plan things, the little seblings, and she had a spray bottle full of water. She's like, do you want me to get it kickstarted while we're here? Can just spray it onto it to kick start the seibling?
Speaker 3: That's bullshit. I mean, you need obviously light.
Speaker 1: Two moist to get it wet. We said, yeah, it was very fun. But I used to work at Coals, So I worked at Coals when they implemented.
Speaker 3: Self serve che the first time.
Speaker 1: The first time I was check out chick.
Speaker 3: And did they fire people when that happened.
Speaker 1: No, they took out four registers. They just chunked them out.
Speaker 3: But did the staff numbers remain the same at that point?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think we had some because there was a lot of people blowing up being like, oh, that's putting people out of jobs. Don't you self served?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it would it obviously, would you. I mean, that's the point of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, there's a science behind it. So when we first installed ours, they were at the end of the store, the last like four registers, which was next to the vitamins aisle, you know, vitamins and condoms and like lubrican and all that that ile laugh.
Speaker 6: For adults, we're familiar with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that is the most stolen from ile, that ile in every cold store because it's got the most expensive products. So we were having so much theft because the people were just going grabbing, walking through like.
Speaker 1: It was just a quick line of theft. It was like that channel in Mexico.
Speaker 2: They just go under the tunnel to get all the drugs out, so then we had to move them. And then it was really challenging when they started. Remember when they first brought it in and everyone was struggling. Then they took out the weight limit. You remember when they did that.
Speaker 3: That was a great time that everyone.
Speaker 2: That was the golden era, it was, But then the theft went through the roof people scanning avocados as bloody you know, Sultana's and they were saving money.
Speaker 3: Well, just a potato, I mean, come on, that's pretty easy potato figured out? Yeah, is a potato? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And that's looking true, truly true.
Speaker 6: And so Brooklyn, you're saying that they've gone back to being really difficult to do. Its worst weight, it's.
Speaker 3: Worse than it's ever been.
Speaker 1: They brought it back with no bags. Now I'm like, sorry, can I get a bag?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Sure, let me just go grab one to walk around, and.
Speaker 3: Like it wants you to say at the start of the whole process, like what sort of bag you've got, But then they're also onto you for stealing the bag and not scanning the so and it can pick up the weight of those plastic bags. Now it's just such a pain in the ass.
Speaker 5: He'd rather starve at this point than have to go grow through shop.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna go to Audia where they literally scan and throw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like.
Speaker 3: You just catch it that Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 6: That's the way too stressful for me.
Speaker 5: That ship.
Speaker 1: That'd make your anxiety go through the room.
Speaker 5: Absolutely recurling produce and my faith Nathan, but I like.
Speaker 3: Other people feeling pressure that they need to get the f out of the like move. It's true.
Speaker 2: That was a very good first Seedge ran the port.
Speaker 1: Back on the shop.
Speaker 3: I've done radio a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm impressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, far more experience than either ancient.
Speaker 8: As Helen Keller once said, this podcast is fucking dope you're listening to?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? You know? Ow vo guy? Brad? How good is he? That's Brad?
Speaker 3: Oh right, Brad?
Speaker 6: Do you not even recognize?
Speaker 3: I did it? Not with that like old school voice?
Speaker 1: There you go, speaking of the office. That's where we all work together.
Speaker 2: We work on work at Kiss, a radio station in Sydney, and I'm the Kyle and Jackie. So you're the news reader. Mitch, you'r meek Mitch. You're a character behind the scenes. I'm a cash cock. So we're all involved in some way.
Speaker 3: And isn't it weird that you meet Mitch a meek Mitch on that show when I mean, anyone listening to this realizes you're anything but meek.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a bit like you, where I'm a bit shy and awkward. And Kyle likes to give nicknames based off first impressions. So because I was like, oh my god, it's Kyle Sandeling's he's so tall, I know, I was nervous to meet him. I guess it just stuck. He's like, there's an alliteration there, meek Mitch.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I think it's bad because your character is meek Mitch. So you whenever you're on air, you're.
Speaker 5: Just hello, I've come.
Speaker 3: Then there's all this like you just so funny, and that doesn't get to go on the show.
Speaker 6: I've got enough funny people showing off on the show. It's fine. I've got a role to play and that's me.
Speaker 5: I take it very seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will you play your role well the news reader? And that has in turn giving you a whole bunch of headglines on the internet. It has it's his head lies, some correct some lies.
Speaker 3: Well I'm pretty sure i'd know which ones are fake about me, but give it a go.
Speaker 1: The real ones were fucked. Some of them was so fun.
Speaker 6: Do you have Brooklyn's news theme in the system here? I want you to do it like you're actually reading it. You know, it's type in kiss news bed or kiss news. See what comes up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Let me see.
Speaker 3: What's the stage is that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, a new stager?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found it. Here we go, all right, first headline.
Speaker 5: Kiss six five.
Speaker 2: This is kiss Ez Kiss news reader Brooklyn Ross confirms new romance after ill fated appearance on national television disappearance.
Speaker 3: What do you Do? So this was when I think it was last year. I went on a new reality dating show on Channel ten with Julia Morris and what was they called again, Blind Date?
Speaker 6: Blind Date.
Speaker 1: So it was like the old fashioned you on one side there was a.
Speaker 3: Wall, yeah, like perfect match from the olden days, and they just redid it, and I mean it wasn't very good, but I ended up sort of connecting with this guy that I chose and there's still in my news booth. Now there is still this huge painting like a it looks like a painting, but it's a photograph me and this random guy from the dating show. Like it's huge. It looks like too big and good to throw out. But I don't know what I'm from memory.
Speaker 5: It looks almost like you'd expect that painting of rows from Titanic, very erotic. Was there fruit involved? Yes, it's one of those kind of.
Speaker 3: We're both shirtless.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't hang that in your new place with you new I certainly can't just have it back. Yes, yes, and he'll be up to one.
Speaker 5: I'm the only single one here. Jesus sit me up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's correct, that's correct. All right, there we go.
Speaker 6: I love how they connected the two.
Speaker 5: He's found new love. But let's remind him of an old failed heroine.
Speaker 1: Well, next headline, Kiss six five. This is kiss that is exactly the length kiss.
Speaker 2: FM news reader Brooklyn Ross is caught with his pants down with a measuring tape during a wild night out with two male pounds.
Speaker 3: This one's true joking. So and me and my friends laugh about this all the time, and we always did like out with two male pals again. So all this was is I did a story on my Instagram and it was like a little joke and I had I was like having a few beverages with some friends at the time, and they had a measuring tape in their house for some reason. So I like got the measuring tape. I had a friend standing next to me and I was kind of behind the door, and I walk out from the door with the measuring tape, you know, quite long. I turn around and I'm like, this is exactly the length, just like a funny joke, you know, a lull for five seconds, And yes, I got that. Unbelievable and I had my clothes on as well.
Speaker 5: It's like, what can you say and do that won't be turned into a news headline? Do you ever research for your news bulletins first thing in the morning and then see yourself on the internet and you're like, oh god.
Speaker 3: I have done before, But yeah, I don't know. There's been pretty quiet lately.
Speaker 5: Actually you haven't said anything filthy that can be taken out of context.
Speaker 6: Now it's the opportunity to say something that they can use. Actually line.
Speaker 3: I once did a podcast and a daily mail story came out of the podcast, and I just I was doing the podcast thinking, not thinking about that at all. Yeah, of course, not thinking anyone would listen. And anyway, there was a daily.
Speaker 1: Mail, Hi, Daily mail, Hi, we love you all right?
Speaker 2: Headline number three kiss six five is kiss news Silon. Jackie Oh's newsreader reveals he's rekindled his relationship with adopted long lost son.
Speaker 5: How can you be adopted and long loss? And he went above and beyond define them and then just ditch them.
Speaker 3: This one is not correct. But I don't know if you've got some. But there are headlines about children. Did you find any of them?
Speaker 1: There might be one coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well i'll save it there children.
Speaker 6: So you haven't abandoned any adopted children?
Speaker 5: No? Good good, there's no there's no Brooklyn orphans around. That's good news.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn orphans.
Speaker 1: Okay. Number four kiss six five piss is kiss news.
Speaker 2: Mike and Emma's newsreader breaks down on air in emotional tirade.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, now this is this is going back. I remember ship. This was like when it was actually way before we had the postal vote for game marriage, years before that. Even but I remember there was something in the news about that, were saying that the politicians at the time were staying away from gay marriage because Western Sydney was so against it and Western Sydney was such a crucial voting area.
Speaker 5: And Mikey and Emma, who you were working for on the Edge, that's a Western Citney radio station exactly.
Speaker 3: So obviously I was their newsreader and they're full supportive of me. So we were like, we need we did this campaign about trying to like convince Western Sydney or at least make politicians aware that, you know, Western Sydney isn't just some homophobic area. And then it's sort of all like culminated in me one day on air talking about my mum, who's not that into gay stuff, and yeah, I just was like cuite a bit on air, and then yeah, it became a bit of.
Speaker 6: A from memory.
Speaker 5: She had said something about not wanting to come to your wedding if you were to get married gay married obviously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I was saying. I was like, the whole campaign we did, I was like, oh, it's really nice, you know, thanks for your support everyone. And then I said, look, to be honest, I probably don't think I ever would get married even if gay marriage was approved, because like, my mum wouldn't come to the wedding and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Have you changed your mind since then?
Speaker 3: She's still the same really? Yeah? Yeah, I think I would get married. I wouldn't you know, it wouldn't stopped me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Has she met your partner now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: No interest?
Speaker 5: No where did you grow up again?
Speaker 3: I was born in Gosford and then lived in Dubbo.
Speaker 6: For a while, So you can blame the whole rural thing.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I suppose she's she's definitely rural. Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I feel off playing this, but she's correct.
Speaker 5: Before you started being Mikey and Emma's news reader for a Western Sydney radio stations, were their conversations about, Yo, how gay can I be? Because obviously there was that belief that Western Sydney hates the gay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, yeah, there was a conversation about it, like, and I'd not been anywhere on air openly gay before I was on the edge, so it was new to me to even do that. And I remember when I had the interview with them. I don't know, it must have just been obvious that I was gay, or I said something about it, and I were like, oh, well, we really want you to be honest, you know, just open about it when you're on our show, like there's nothing tight or anything like that. So they were the ones who really were like, I mean, it was weird. It just it wasn't even up for discussion. It was just like, yeah, you just be yourself, you know, And that at that point, at least, like in my private life, I like everyone I knew personally knew I was gay. I wasn't fighting anything, so yeah, I just started. But I was pretty nervous just because of the audience, like Western Sydney. But honestly, I mean it was just so good, like and I really do believe that. Like the thing is, Western Sydney is so heavily religious at times, so that really stops, particularly older people from you know, allowing themselves to accept it. But I think, you know, younger people, everyone's fine with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: They must have enjoyed having a gay voice on the edge so much, because when I started at the Edge, if anything, I had to be gayer to fill the voice because you weren't working there at the time. I inherited all of your old gay skewed segments. I was doing gay or nay where people would call in being like my eldest son loves drama in school, is he gay? And I'd have to say gay ornay And that used to be a Brooklyn thing. Yeah, so they loved it.
Speaker 3: So I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Speaker 1: With all that.
Speaker 6: Did you get any phone calls from Wesley's like I did, being.
Speaker 3: Like, oh get him hate his voice?
Speaker 5: Maybe that's just my voice.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to tell you, I really did it. It was all good for me.
Speaker 5: And I got to say, now that I run Kisses social media, we don't get any hate about Brooklyn either.
Speaker 6: So there's a lot of people that would easily.
Speaker 5: Assume, oh, being in the position you're own, you must get a lot of criticism.
Speaker 6: No, not really.
Speaker 3: I never see it. It actually does surprise me even to this day, just because I just think what it is is. I do see people who still get bullied about it. Yeah, and it's weird because I really never see it for myself. But you know, it doesn't make me think that it's all good, like there are still big problems out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, we are privileged in a position of power or authority, or we're out there and our voices are out there, and I think it's an easier target is a kid at school who's gay, someone who work with who's gay, not people who speak on the radio, Like.
Speaker 3: I just hope what I've done over the years is make people who may bully someone for being homophobic think, oh, well, you know, Brooklyn is just a normal guy working on air, and so it's I just hope I've normalized a bit.
Speaker 5: I think between you being on air and also people like Mike and Emma Cartlan Jackio being fully supportive, it would change mine.
Speaker 2: Well, you have you helped me because I'm on air as well. You fully helped me. But we were and then here we are the start of this year on the Kiss martig Gar Parade float together.
Speaker 1: And they like, just get the cash cock up there with Brooklyn, Just get them up there. And I'm like, I wasn't meant to be honest.
Speaker 5: The station gays march boy if I get on the floor.
Speaker 3: But the best thing was when Kyle and Jackio did turn up that the rule was the Mardi Gras law is that you can only have like four people on a float at a time. And cash Cock just didn't get off.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get off.
Speaker 6: It was like breath from getting on.
Speaker 1: It was a one way strip.
Speaker 2: So I got pushed to the end and Jackie's like, I, babe, nice, Sorry, I can't move any headline for let's pump through these ones?
Speaker 1: Ready? Kiss?
Speaker 11: Six five This is Kiss revealed dramatic how Kyle and Jackie Oh's gay news reader Brooklyn Ross accidentally slept with a woman with those foes.
Speaker 3: God, I think this one was from the podcast that I was just talking about. This one, this story, this is probably like my funnest story to tell from my life. It was the Radio Awards on the Central Coast, no on the Gold Coast, and obviously our radio Awards. It's just free alcohol all night, and you're with all the people you work with, and so everyone just gets absolutely wasting.
Speaker 6: Think the logis, but way more under the influence of.
Speaker 3: It's not filmed, so no one's trying to stay sober.
Speaker 2: And everyone's either dated someone I want to date someone, they worked with each other ten years ago.
Speaker 1: It's incestuous.
Speaker 3: So the whole awards show had happened, and then there were after parties after that, so I was at one of these after parties, and I was just going around trying to get a crew together to come with me to the gay club on the Gold Coast. I think it's shut down now, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Think there is any coast. I was there recently.
Speaker 3: That was my first question, and so, but no one would come. They're like, no, we want to stay at this party. And I just got so drunk and I was like, well, I want to go, so screw is, I'm going. So I walk to the club and I'm just so really drunk at this point.
Speaker 5: I know what you're like when you're drunk. It's not pretty, and yet you funk.
Speaker 3: It's you're a good drug.
Speaker 1: You're fine.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you've tried to kiss me at the first Christmas party that I ran.
Speaker 1: You remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just trying to get you out of the closet.
Speaker 6: It was very listening at the problem.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I was fine with it.
Speaker 3: So I'm at this club and then there's my sort of type of guy is not like big, buff, masculine guy. It's more, you know, just sort of cute, curly guy whatever. So this curly guy is walking around and start chatting to him outside and you know, just getting along nicely. It was all good. And then we had a little kiss and started making out, and we go up onto the dance floor for a bit and I can feel through his pants that he's got like something quite erect down there, and I'm thinking to myself, like, shit, so I must be hot tonight, like.
Speaker 5: This guy like still got it Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: So turned on how I'm going, Okay, this is great. And I had a hotel room there, so I'm like, hey, do you want to like come back to the hotel room? And he kept he kept putting it off, putting it off. It was still keen, but he's like, I don't know, I don't know. So it was getting late and I was like, look, you know, I'm going to go. Do you want to come or not? And he's like, I just need to tell you something first. So gets his phone out, writes a little message in the notes, hands it to me, and it says, I'm actually transitioning female to male. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner or something. And so what I was feeling was actually like a prosthetic.
Speaker 5: Piece. So it was rock hard because it was fine glass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh dear.
Speaker 3: I literally was thinking of like holy ship.
Speaker 1: Or something. What have I done?
Speaker 3: And anyway, I just said I've never done that before, and I was like, I don't really care, like, yeah, you know, I'm open to it. So yeah, accidentally slept with a woman.
Speaker 6: That's what you sound like an accident to me.
Speaker 3: No, I mean you really still went ahead with it. Yeah, but you know it's fine, like it was actually it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the other thing other than the word accidentally in that headline is a woman. If they've just said to you that they're trends for, then they're not a woman.
Speaker 1: There's there's so many issues in that headline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should end it on that. Don't you with one more you're listening to? Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast? Up, can't think of anything nice to say. Just hit five stars and let them not whether you're able to touch your nose with your tongue.
Speaker 5: You just dry, didn't you?
Speaker 1: You useless little twitch?
Speaker 5: Please do leave us the podcast you, Mike Renee has done listening to hashtag a couple of mitches. That's your fault. Yes, you keep saying our social handle wrong. There's no a. It's this couple of mitches, a couple, and it made my day creative and hilarious content.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Rene, beautiful. Five stars please.
Speaker 2: I've got one up here that I just just picked at random. Need more five stars? Churi is Deaf's my favorite?
Speaker 1: Mitch and I love Jenna. Yeah, of course you've.
Speaker 6: Brought that wine up?
Speaker 1: Is it random? That's what happened.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give us a review of five stars please, it'd be great. Keeps us on the air. We hit ten thousand listens, so thank you?
Speaker 3: Well boys?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 6: How many of those are you going to contribute after this one?
Speaker 5: If listen to I meant, is there any little Brooklyn fan girls that will come along and listen?
Speaker 3: All right? I don't know. Maybe you've got to have to promote. Do I have to promote for you? Boys?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Please? An instant story will be fun? Yes, you know what.
Speaker 2: Let's get a photo with your picture you got from from the blind date. That'll be funny.
Speaker 1: We'll get next door.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: We talked a lot about things you've done over your career, Brooklyn. I had no idea until recently that you used to be it makes me luck to say it. The sports reporter for Alan Jones?
Speaker 3: What the hell to be?
Speaker 6: Who's Alan Jones? For people who might not be familiar.
Speaker 2: Oh, Alan Jones is a massive shock jock, one of the best known shock jocks in this country. Really, and how many consecutive number one surveys as you had?
Speaker 1: In the hundreds? I think he's been number one.
Speaker 6: He's demographic, but he dominates AM radio, so talk back.
Speaker 1: And I've done work experience with him. You've done work experience with him.
Speaker 3: I had a job there, so you know, yeah, we just went over that I didn't a sport reporter. Of all jobs.
Speaker 6: How did that come about?
Speaker 3: Well, I really wanted a job in Sydney. So I was working in Camber at the time and I was desperate to move to Sydney. I was just applying for jobs everywhere and the company to GB had just started a station in Melbourne, and but I didn't want to move to Melbourne and they offered me a job. They're like, oh, do you want to move on our station in Melbourn which ended up being shut down because the station was so bad. But so I said no to that first off, and I was like shit, like, I've you know, you don't want to say no. And then they again called me and said, oh, we've got another offer, and this time I was like, I can't say no twice or else it's all over. And they said, so it's a job in Sydney, but it's but it's the it's just a sports reporter and like I have no I mean, I don't care at all about sports. I couldn't.
Speaker 5: Whenever I hear your sport reports on kids, it sounds like you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Well, I, along with probably.
Speaker 5: Most of the kids listeners, don't give a shit about sports, so we wouldn't be able to correct you anyway.
Speaker 1: But you play a surf sound effect with a cow a bunker music. No one's buying that.
Speaker 3: No, and surfers have called up and been like, don't even bother Like you still do that the condition it'll be coming back pretty soon for the coming summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So are you knowledged about sport on I?
Speaker 3: Well, I am from having worked at that job for it.
Speaker 5: I had to make it.
Speaker 3: I did learn, but when I first got there, I just I had no idea and I don't know how I survived. I like I did a few days with Alan talking to Alan about sport.
Speaker 5: We've dug out some aretio of you doing exactly that. I want to see how confident you sound in faking it about sport.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, in the world of sport, plenty happening and Brooklyn is the new young man on the block.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn, Yes, hello, Allan morning. Collingwood's number one ruckman, Darren Jolly will play in the Anzac Day clash with Essendon after overcoming a knee injury. That's at two forty at the At.
Speaker 7: The end, I think we lose, We lose significance of the impact of all of this and we get it out of perspective. They're anticipating more than one hundred and two thousand. There isn't a ticket for love or money for that game in Melbourne. That's extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right now. You asked earlier about the Gold Coast Sun.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 3: They've scored their first ever win in the AFL, scraping ahead of Port Adelaide by just three points, so finally they got there about six games.
Speaker 7: But the which Port Adelaide side are they playing? Is that the that's not the premiere port Adelaide side surely.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no.
Speaker 3: It was a huge upset and it was great to see them do it as well. I didn't know which Port Adelaide's side fucked. If I know side, I'm just gonna say, yeah.
Speaker 5: No, you actually coped way better than I would have been that scenario. So I'd love to sit here and make fun of you, be like, listen, how nervous you sound. But I'm like, oh, you just coped beautiful.
Speaker 1: That was actually real. That was very well done. Although the intimidating part was Alan's breath while you were talking.
Speaker 5: They're a bit of a loud breathe too. I don't know if you know that, particularly on the phone.
Speaker 1: Am I yeah, well, it's.
Speaker 5: Probably just the CAZy day and then I'm talking out here.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: My doctor actually suggested that I go on a seapap machine, which is like a sleep ap when.
Speaker 3: You sleep people, one of those. My grandfather sexy too.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: I just recently found out because of my boyfriend. He said to me one night, He's like, you realize you breathe through your mouth like all the time, And I'm like, yeah, I thought that was normal. He's like, no, people breathe through.
Speaker 6: Their nose and they're the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then I looked it up and it's a thing, and now I'm like, shit, I need to fix that.
Speaker 1: That's like a it's an insult. People call you a mouth. Yeah, yeah, because you're like.
Speaker 3: Yeah that you're like dumb kind of Yeah, and now I do feel dune.
Speaker 1: It's a hole.
Speaker 3: Stop it though. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Apparently it makes your tongue super hydrad keep breathing in and out of it.
Speaker 3: I just thought when I wake up, my mouth is always sort of like that, and I just thought that was normal. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: I draw when I sleep something horrendous.
Speaker 1: It's like a rainbow serpent snake on my pillow.
Speaker 3: It's just just because you're gay. It comes out rainbow, you know, the snake. You know.
Speaker 5: Am I correcting saying that you didn't complete your UNI degree?
Speaker 6: You dropped out after a year?
Speaker 3: Dropped out? Yes?
Speaker 5: I dropped out after a.
Speaker 6: Year as well, didn't you?
Speaker 1: I dropped out after a semester.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sensing a theme. Kiss love hiring dropout with it just not your thing?
Speaker 3: No, I did love it, but I went back. I went back for my second year and then While I was there, I got offered a job, and so I went to the it was before the like hex cutoff point, and I went to my course coordinator and I was like, oh, I really want to degree, but you know, I got off at this job and it was like mate, people finished the degree and can't get a job. I can just leave and work with that.
Speaker 6: Not the two GB job? What with that?
Speaker 3: No? That was on the south coast and power FM?
Speaker 6: Damn okay?
Speaker 3: Is that like Nara further south than that?
Speaker 5: Jeez?
Speaker 3: The bogan and isolated?
Speaker 5: How was that?
Speaker 6: Were you were allowed to be?
Speaker 5: The game?
Speaker 3: That was like I grew up, I did all high school down that way, so I thought it was really cool because it was the station I listened to growing up. So I my friends, I was like, oh my god, I'm on the radio three listeners.
Speaker 6: So fast tracking from there, we've gone power FM.
Speaker 5: Eventually at the Edge via Alan Jones and then you ended up working for Kiss Carl and Jackio's news reader. How did that come about? I heard that you just filled in for the other news reader one day and they just liked you or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, yeah, I was at the Edge, So whenever the news reader that was on carlond Jackio was sick, they would put me on and there were days where I would be on both stations, like I would record the Edge news, which they don't normally do, but yeah, the situation like, oh, well, we need we don't want you to lose you from the Edge, so I would do that and yeah, just I just filled in more and more and more, and then by the end of the year they were like, yeah, do you want to just do it full time?
Speaker 5: Is it for that reason that you've never had a sick day? You don't want some bath to fill in.
Speaker 1: And you have you never had one sick day.
Speaker 3: I've had like two in five years. Wow, I mean it's it's all right now, Like I think I could have a sick down and I'm not like paraly but yeah, for ages after that, I was like, look if they added some sick days fiet, like I'm not going to do it. And like, you know, so many people would say to me, like, you can have sick days, It's fine, Like I had eye surgery, laser eye surgery and so yes, but like and then you're wearing these big black glasses for like a week, and I was had it on say a Wednesday. Yeah, And I was like, well, I still want to come to work. And literally, our like head national content director was to Brooklyn, don't come to work. You can have a day off. And I'm like, no, no, I'll be right. And I came to work the next day.
Speaker 5: So you're pretty secure and now you know you've got the job and it's your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I also love, like, I just love being at work, so I wouldn't want to be sitting at home.
Speaker 1: I've never had a sick day actually at this job ever. Ever.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, why would you? It's just great. It's a great, a tough job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so what hoops did you have to go through to get the job and say yep, it's yours.
Speaker 3: Just you know, corporate life, things have to stay secret for a while. And it was my dream to work for Kyle and Jack Yo for so many years. And I got taken into the office and they said, hey, you know, if we want you to do it next year, are you interested. I'm like, am I interested? Like yes, so very interested? And then like okay, great, well yep it's yours. Just don't say anything off you go go back to work. So I have to like go back into the office with everyone around me and just pretend like I haven't achieved my life goal. To read that was so difficult.
Speaker 1: I've had a coffee. I've just had a coffee.
Speaker 5: That gives you a bit of time to draft the big Facebook announcement.
Speaker 3: Though, Guys, I got the job.
Speaker 6: When are you eventually allowed to announce it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like maybe the next year, the start of the next.
Speaker 1: Year or something that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun, I want to know what you what's your plan, like, what's your career goals? What do you do after doing this? Which was your career goal that you wanted to hear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I just want to do it for as long as possible, Like I actually just I'm not I'll think about that if it was to ever come to an end, but you know, hopefully that doesn't happen. TV for a long long time.
Speaker 1: Do you want to into TV?
Speaker 3: Not really? Like I mean, yeah, I suppose I've been thinking about I'd love to be on Sydney Weekender.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, in a round tree here far.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like what what to do?
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I just love radio so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you go into management. Would you be a content director or a boss or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think you'd be a great one.
Speaker 1: You'd be very good at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I have on iHeart Radio. I have a gay radio station that I've been doing for a few years. I don't I remember it. Yeah, Like we used to have a breakfast show and like all these promotions and prizes and all that, but it's sort of it's not that much these days. It's just music now. But it's called called gay pop on my Heart Radio. And yeah, I mean so I've sort of been through that journey of like being in charge of stuff and I loved it. It just made me. It actually made me realize how important news is to a music radio station, which is not that important. Yeah, so it but it just made me appreciate my role and my job even more, you know, because you know news. I mean, I think people love hearing the news in the morning. It's kind of thing. But in the whole scheme of a radio station, like there's a lot of other things going on as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Right, I'll tell you one thing that I wouldn't like about your job, in particular, because right before the Kyl and JACKIEO show starts like their show opener, you say, what is it again?
Speaker 6: You're like, oh, and the Kyl and Jachio show starts now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I reckon at that moment at five point fifty nine, right before it starts, as you're wrapping up your news, that's when people lean in a little closer to the radio to hear whether the show is actually starting, because on a sick day, if like Kyle and Jackie don't come in and there's no show, you're the one that delivers that bad news. I always picture when he says.
Speaker 3: What's the phrase he said, and get oh, Well, normally i'd say get ready, the Carl and jack Yo Show starts now. But if not, I would just say at six fifty nine on the Kyle and jack Yo Show, like and they might play yeah, something they've already done.
Speaker 5: Before, and it'll go into a song, and that's the moment that I picture everyone in their car being like yeah, fuck.
Speaker 1: You Brooklyn or the opener will pie and then it's me just being like, oh yeah, sorry, fucking hell.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I get messages and they're like, what, why is it the show on? Where's the show? I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't. There was a period of time I didn't realize that Instagram added a call button to the Instagram profile for Carlin all you through Instagram. Well not anymore because I figured it out, but they added a call button in one of the Instagram app updates, and my numbers linked to the Kyl and Jackie on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Figured it out. After a while, I got like a lot of phone calls and listeners and they're like, is that you Kyle.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, that yeah.
Speaker 6: One of them said, is that you Kyle? Was like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 5: Do you get a lot of younger people listening that they reach out, Oh, how do I become a journalist?
Speaker 6: That sort of thing?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, definitely sometimes, but more most people reaching out about like I think my friend might be gay, or like I think they're playing with you.
Speaker 5: There you go, and they.
Speaker 3: Just want some advice and stuff, which is lovely. I mean, it's nice. It's like, I mean, I'm not like Buddha with gay advice, but I'll do my best.
Speaker 1: But you want a few on the radio, I mean that ye air.
Speaker 3: And I think like on a radio show and particularly on Kyle and Jackyo, Like it's so honest and so you nearly feel like you know the ins and outs of the of everyone's personal lives. So I think that probably makes you more approachable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would say it's because people think that you're approachable that they can just slide into your DMS and.
Speaker 6: Like, Yo, what's up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wouldn't get a lot, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing I find weird is I hear stories about people recognizing you in person, like on Oxford Street and stuff, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, look who's talking. Whenever I go out with you on Oxford Street, you have a huge photo with you when you're when you're in like Instagram, social media star, like, everyone knows your face.
Speaker 5: That's a stretch.
Speaker 6: That's a stretch.
Speaker 5: But that was my point is that people they must have interstalked you after hearing you on the show or something, because everyone knows who you are in that tiny.
Speaker 3: Strip of It is a bit weird. When you're just on radio, you forget that. Videos go up and stuff, just like you'll get recognized randomly at places and you'll think, God, I never thought it would happen here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, did we ever find the story? During that headline thing you were doing, Mitch, the story about how there was a period of time where you were potentially going to become a farmer. Yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Oh I had I cut it short because we went over time, but yeah, tell us that story.
Speaker 3: So I just had this girlfriend, like a friend that's girl who she had already had one child but then broke up with the child's dad and she wanted more than one kid, and so we went to a wedding, like a friend's wedding together and got drunk and then made this plan in our minds of like, oh, why don't you be the sperm downer kind of thing, and she was pretty keen to have the kid sooner rather than later, and so it all sort of just happened, like plans started being made.
Speaker 6: Even when you were sober. You were like, oh shit, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then we had to well we had to properly think about it and discuss it. And then I was like, I was like, yeah, I'm keen, like definitely, and I was single at this we're both single and this was only like at the start of this year, so it wasn't that long ago. But since then, I've got a boyfriend which wouldn't That doesn't really matter. But she also got a new boyfriend, which is great for her, like it works for her. And she actually just now told me that she's possibly pregnant.
Speaker 5: So I wondered what happened with that story because you brought it up on kiss like, oh, I might become a dad, and then we never heard the update.
Speaker 6: I was like, is he one?
Speaker 3: Like what's the guy? Would be?
Speaker 5: Nine months?
Speaker 2: Like, but would you have had sex or would you have donated the sperm?
Speaker 3: Well? I said I would be happy to have sex. Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 1: Just save the money.
Speaker 3: It's easier.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could even if I wanted to. If someone said, yo, would you father my child, I'd be like sure, but I'm not stabbing it up there like you got to.
Speaker 3: So you two either either of you done that?
Speaker 1: Yeah with a woman?
Speaker 3: Yeah you have? No. No, so that's what I have. And so I was like, well I did it back then?
Speaker 1: So you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't realize you had.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have?
Speaker 1: When was that? When was that? Yeah? High school?
Speaker 5: After high school when I lived Okay, yeah, no, I'm what you call a platinum gay because I wasn't conceived or born naturally, and I've never been near a woman's jilts, so I've just been avoiding.
Speaker 6: That region my whole life.
Speaker 3: So done.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 6: I don't know why that's an achievement.
Speaker 3: But like but like, like gay guys often say to straight guys, well maybe just me, but how do you know you're not straight unless you try it?
Speaker 5: I think you're freaking out right, Like, I just have zero interest in going there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I've earned many a straight guy with that same line.
Speaker 5: Well, that's true because you're really or your current boyfriend wasn't openly gay before you met him, right, for all intents and purposes straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was first boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like, literally, he converted him.
Speaker 3: There you go, and that's it's fun to do that.
Speaker 5: Look at the smug look on your face. You've watched so many pornos about converting straight guys.
Speaker 6: You're like, I did it.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's the one you like?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 6: We live together now, how's that going?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 5: Great? Because again Kyle positions you with this one that like afraid of commitment and will never settle down. So when you started living together after five minutes, it was like, oh, okay, yeah, but I've met Darren. It's lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he follows me, so I'm sure it's lovely. I'll follow him back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I basically with my partner too, Like there's two minutes from work, so i'm and I finished at midnight, so I'm there every week night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So it's just that's like I knew the reason we officially moved in together was we just spending every night together. Let's just do it as well.
Speaker 1: And like you said, we're talking off air, you just you just know sooner if they're the right person for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's what's why? Wait?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, relationship talk.
Speaker 6: Oh god, relate.
Speaker 5: It's more the problem. By the way, I love how you've stopped correcting me whenever I say Darren.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we just roll with it.
Speaker 1: Darn what I was thinking, I'm like, fuck, I don't think his name is.
Speaker 6: When I first met him, I was like, oh Darren, He's like.
Speaker 5: It's Damien, and then every time thereafter Brooklyn, it's fucking Damien.
Speaker 1: I was so confused.
Speaker 5: That was when I realized that I've just become my father. That's the sort of thing he would find funny.
Speaker 1: It was a joke. Yeah, it's such a dad joke, getting the name wrong perpetually.
Speaker 5: And then he'd say to me like he corrected me and go it's Damien, and I go, what did I say? It's like, fuck, I am my father. He makes those dumb jokes that pisces everyone off.
Speaker 1: All Right, we've had you for long enough. I think we should.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I've had so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of fun different to your normal you know, nine to five, it is six to ten whatever. It feels like.
Speaker 3: We are really on the radio. It's not just like a chill podcast.
Speaker 5: See, I've been trying to get him out of Radio's not happening and not.
Speaker 1: I can't shake. It's just in my bones. I have to. I don't like dead air and I don't like slow dragged out.
Speaker 3: Because there are some podcasts that go a bit too far the other way. And I'm like, can you guys just like do we still.
Speaker 5: Do we have the grab of the other? Is it just me because we learned the hard way when people when we first launch, when you type into the search, is it just me that a million other podcasts with the same name exists, right, and one of them it's just this deranged man yelling at his iPhone voice memo.
Speaker 6: It's completely senseless, and we we.
Speaker 1: Listen to all the other I think this could be it.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let's just it turned out me think.
Speaker 10: Time five seconds and now it's time for me to fox some ship up. What's up, everybody? It's been a while and it's September? Should I put the dates on the fuck it? September second, twenty seventeen, mm hmm drinking?
Speaker 1: How the hell are you?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, just because you say what date it is, that doesn't mean that actually verifies what date it is. Hey, check it out, everybody, It's August fourteenth.
Speaker 1: That's enough.
Speaker 3: It goes on forty.
Speaker 5: On the spectrum of radio show to that we're somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 1: I say, so, I'm on my own at night. I have no one to bounce off, so I just this keep the ball going.
Speaker 5: You're used to having silence to feel by yourself, wicky.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I can just relax. It's hard to do on your own, though. You'd know you've done something on your own.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I hate it. I actually didn't like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, look, thanks very much for hanging out with the Brooklyn. It's very late in the day for you. It's nearly your bedtime.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but I went to the gym. I had a little gym sessh in between work and this.
Speaker 5: Yeah good you get up Earli if out of anyone in the whole team. So yes, off to bed for you. Thank you for hanging out.
Speaker 1: Where can people follow you though? At Brooklyn Ross right?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: On Instagram? Twitter?
Speaker 3: About Twitter, I don't really use Twitter, just Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't really do much on Instagram either, to be honest, but you can get me.
Speaker 5: You can message me on there, so okay, follow away, but you should probably message me tho because I'm the only single one anyway. Thank you guys for listening everyone week is it just me?
Speaker 8: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 6: All right, welcome to Ady d Brief. This is a secret we didn't even tell Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: That's that secret.
Speaker 1: It is he's taking headphones off.
Speaker 3: We're still is still in the podcast now.
Speaker 5: So we do this thing on the show where we wrap up. We make it sound like we're finished, and then we talk shit for like another ten to twenty minutes in the home.
Speaker 3: God, I want to go home.
Speaker 1: But here's the.
Speaker 5: Thing, because people like my neighbor Joanne and Boggate listen to the show. I'm hoping that I tricked those people out so that then we can talk real shit like this is when we talk filth because I'm hoping that most of the people aren't listening anymore. It's like a seat. That's why I'm hoping that they are not. That's why I'm going to ask you what do you hate most about your job? I was reserving that question for ady debrief.
Speaker 3: I hated when coffee John stopped making me coffees because.
Speaker 5: You know what was that about?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: We just had our own like personal relationship fight kind of thing. Yea, And yeah, I was banned from the coffees, and I couldn't complain about it because I had made the problem myself really by getting involved. Hey, I love I do love John.
Speaker 5: Oh we do the sweetheart. I think he listens. Actually, yeah, he's said a couple of times, Oh, I love the show this week, so he might listen.
Speaker 3: So I've said that to and I didn't listen.
Speaker 6: Really, you didn't know about a d D brief.
Speaker 5: That's the name of the segment.
Speaker 1: People can live tweet.
Speaker 6: Oh, I hate it when he does this.
Speaker 1: I love Brooklyn on the show Today Jackie O.
Speaker 5: He goes during add brief, he goes and he pretends that people are live tweeting, even though that's not possible because this isn't a live brother.
Speaker 3: Hold on that tweet. That bird sound effect just reminds me so much of Today? Can I just one? Is it from Today?
Speaker 1: I think it's generics?
Speaker 6: Why where have you heard that?
Speaker 5: At Today?
Speaker 3: FM used to be on everything.
Speaker 1: Back when social media exploded, it would be huge.
Speaker 3: Remember Charlie from High five had like a night show beers type plus. I'm sure that freaking bird was played like ten thousands.
Speaker 5: A little bird.
Speaker 1: I'll shoot that thing. I get in trouble for playing sound effects, So.
Speaker 6: Do you know what's the worst thing?
Speaker 5: Because he just sits there and plays sound effects and I'm like, why are we doing this secret segment if it's.
Speaker 6: Not even good?
Speaker 5: And then people now are encouraging him if you go through our podcast reviews, it's just I'd like a jazz.
Speaker 6: Band ambient sound effects, please.
Speaker 3: Mitch, or like in this segment here.
Speaker 5: Yes, our dumb listeners are encouraging him to play sound effects even though I hate it.
Speaker 3: Band. Yeah, I'm just going to find something on.
Speaker 1: I've got one. I'm prepared. I listened to my now, I listen to Oh this is good. See ready fine, and I'll get good questions out of Brooklyn. Ready.
Speaker 3: I think no, no, no, I think I still think that's too over the top. Though it's very big.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not ambient. That's like big band.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn's going hang on.
Speaker 3: Video will play after ads.
Speaker 5: Oh great, we're sitting through YouTube. This is why add brief is a shit segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Have we considered getting.
Speaker 5: Rid of it?
Speaker 1: No, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I like it. I mean, if someone's to me, this is what a podcast is, right, Yeah, this like this bit where you're not really.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is jazz, This is Mario Can't music.
Speaker 3: This is what I think. It just sounds like that it's playing through a phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like the main menu, like you hit start on the PlayStation to go up there.
Speaker 1: Just sounds like everyone put it put up for the mic. Okay, take your shirt off, shoes off to lay on bed, face down.
Speaker 6: Do you use this music to lure twins in Brooklyn?
Speaker 5: Back in the single days?
Speaker 3: What did I music? Did I used to lure twins.
Speaker 5: Charlie xx or some rubbish?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just Brittany or Gaga, g work. I wouldn't call them twins. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't call Darryl a twink either.
Speaker 1: He's very handsome though. I found this is a random grun that I found on the system.
Speaker 3: And everyone's gotten a p you know this new dash Can video showing a car and truck colliding in a Sydney tunnel.
Speaker 1: That's when you said I can't radio.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't quite get that. It was kind of.
Speaker 1: Did you just realize into it car? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 5: Have you and he had any big stuff ups on air that have been like embarrassing, you haven't laughed it off, You've felt genuine like shame. Ummm.
Speaker 3: Just probably my whole time with Alan Jones that was pretty terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What about the time that they made you read the news like naked on the side of the road. That was in the early days of Kylin.
Speaker 3: That was like about a week in and I thought, this is what it's all going to.
Speaker 6: Be like, you know, it was funny once quite recently.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was sitting there looking at my camera system that I've got set up in the Kiss studios and the show starts. Kyl and Jack are talking and Brooklyn's talking, and I was like, hang on, he's not fucking in his seat.
Speaker 6: Where is he?
Speaker 5: He accidentally booked a holiday while the show was still on air, so rather than just canceling the holiday, they just set up an ICDN line in his bloody Airbnb and Byron by he just did the news from a balcony of some beautiful beach house.
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, it was so nice.
Speaker 1: You got your leave wrong?
Speaker 3: No, I got my leave right. But then they decided to not be off during the off period.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're going to work through the holidays.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so then they're like, Brooklyn have been working through the holidays, and I was like, well, I've booked a holiday. And then I convinced them.
Speaker 6: How did you convince them to let you do the news from a beach house?
Speaker 3: Well it really didn't sound much different, It really really didn't, but it was it was annoying, like Carla kept saying, oh, look you're on holiday, but like a holiday sucks when you've got to be up at four am. Yeah it's not a holiday, No, it was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty Did you get more like recredited you leave? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't have to take the leave good. Yeah. Can you explain what this is? Oh yeah, cloudy over the weekend and then sunny today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they were just making fun of me being so relaxed, like oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh fucking funny. All right, we would you play our jazz music? I think I've hit.
Speaker 6: My Yeah, it's fine unless you've got any other requests. But I'm quite happy for you.
Speaker 5: Do not do that.
Speaker 1: You are show. It does not.
Speaker 5: I just don't like that it derails the conversation. Sometimes I'm trying to find this bloody photo of you doing the news from that balcony. Where is it? When was it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: There it is, Look at that, Mitch.
Speaker 1: Oh what a life.
Speaker 5: You'd have to scroll back to the fifth of March. Carl and Jackie Instagram You and Byron Bay just with a headset, just chilling out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how good that is. And I was there with a couple of friends of mine, and one was this German guy who is like really like toned and like he's hot. And he would get up early and see me like out there and he would make breakfast and then bring it out to me, like with with no shirt on because it was really hot.
Speaker 1: Like it was just really are you were there on your own?
Speaker 3: No? I had two friends, he said that, sorry, I was pre occupied. One was one was like always in bed, but this German guy, he was the friend you would get up. Yeah, what time do.
Speaker 5: You actually go to bed? Because I was joking earlier it's past your bedtime. But you're up the earliest out of everyone, probably like eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh, my show hasn't even started, tire. My work day starts at nine pm.
Speaker 3: Wow, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: Don't you get in at like six?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Again at six prepped the show?
Speaker 3: I mean, I definitely should know this. But what's on kiss between seven and nine seventy?
Speaker 2: Is the breakfast show in Melbourne Jason PJ. They replay it's like the hop two hours. They're like the night show, and there's two hours of that, two hours of that.
Speaker 1: Seven till nine, and then I'm the late night programming nine to twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah you go, well, yeah, obviously I'm not listening very f.
Speaker 1: How many people are you know who is sleep Kyle. I'm like, no, we'll never get in trouble. We got an email for to date. It's Kyle has this event has to be scrapped. I'm like, wow, shit, I thought he'd be asleep.
Speaker 3: Oh is this you giving away like ten cents and stuff?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's still going.
Speaker 1: That's still going.
Speaker 3: Oh well he hates that.
Speaker 5: By the way, Well, what else do you have to give away? Unless you start giving away like bits.
Speaker 3: Of cars, don't You don't have to have giveaways, you.
Speaker 1: Know, there's nothing else. I can't, but.
Speaker 3: You have to. That's what being a radio announcer is your job to come up with the thing.
Speaker 5: What if Booklyn just started giving away his own ship at the end of news bulletins if it's.
Speaker 6: A call now, I've got this key ring that I don't really like anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see it's inappropriate all the time.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right to it. One day a week, although it's random. They ebb and flow I've got Louis Thomlinson tickets all.
Speaker 3: This week, and I go, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: And I gave my business class fights last week. It's very odd.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, enough of the ten cent giveaway.
Speaker 5: Probably the whole Definitely. I think it's implied that it is a ship prize that you're not trying to actually claim that as a good prize.
Speaker 1: No, it's like a piss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then the.
Speaker 6: Glitz and of breakfast radio.
Speaker 5: It's not the same at night. But you wouldn't understand, did you give.
Speaker 3: Me business class flights and Louis tomblins and tickets? But then keep it good.
Speaker 1: There'll be six weeks and nothing, and.
Speaker 3: That's just just be like, guys, remember when we gave away those business class flights.
Speaker 6: Just replay it as the best of Actually, I'm all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's go. I need to plan my show. I've got to work out how many tensive pieces I can give tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, we should go. We kept you longer than you thought you were going to be a secret segments so secret we don't even brief the guests.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, we should have told you.
Speaker 6: That's so yeah right.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like we've got anything overly inappropriate out of the bonus segment, though we should get Okay, thanks for hanging out with a very abrupt ending.
Speaker 1: We haven't done the second secret partner.
Speaker 8: It just me don't forget to subscribe, and leave a review on your podcast app.