Speaker 1: Laura and come on in, o girls, how are we?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Laura, how are you feeling? Because our very own Laura Burne has entered the rave era.
Speaker 3: Last night went this is not really a ravy version of Fred again. Okay, I went to Fred again. It was and again I was I went again and again and again.
Speaker 1: Haha, terrible joke.
Speaker 3: I was very sober and I went there and I walked in and I realized that I was probably the oldest person there. It was just full of jen z. I thought, so millennial.
Speaker 1: I stood next to.
Speaker 3: The water cooler. There was a little water cooler on the dance floor, on the wash pick floor, and then I had someone jumping on me pretty much the whole time. And I was like, oh, this is a lot. This is why I don't get it right.
Speaker 2: So Laura's in the wash it than today to me. She complained, she has this guy whole time. I was like, you're in a mosh peep with people off their chops and Fred again, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, listen to this. It's so dreamy.
Speaker 1: Fred makes great music. But you've got children, you put them on a cruise ship with your husband and so you could go and party.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I didn't do it. It wasn't in that order.
Speaker 2: Just worked out nicely and you tooked them on the ship.
Speaker 1: Hey, Siri, at what age does midlife crisis begin?
Speaker 3: And I got since last week?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you did?
Speaker 2: Oh god, Laura is having a mid life crisis.
Speaker 3: Almost kind of close to mid life, isn't it? Stop aging?
Speaker 2: Sorry, No, you'd won a couple more years before your midlife.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Laura's a rave rat, confirmed everyone.
Speaker 3: Well, look, a few people were punching it last night. If they keep on the things that they were doing last night, they won't make it to Hey.
Speaker 1: Well, thank god you're here and that you we'll just talked what you said there. Thank god you made it. You hear, because you got a big guest today.
Speaker 2: We do you guys know Abby Jelmy. She's she's an AFL sports host. She hosts all these big sports TV shows.
Speaker 1: Commentator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she also has a sports podcast called two Good Sports.
Speaker 3: She does it with.
Speaker 2: Georgia Tunny, who we love here at the show. George, it's back for twenty twenty four, George.
Speaker 1: Georgia stroke said George Tuney. Georgie Tuney no you and George Channey, that bloke from.
Speaker 2: The Projects, Georgie Turney.
Speaker 3: We love abbreviating everything you know, g.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their podcast Two Good Sports is great. We're going to hear all about it next years, joining us around Australia. It's the stop, it the pick up. You know. The reason I was employed by the radio station Girls was for my love of sports.
Speaker 2: I did know that very surprising athletic prowess, those speed walks that you do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my hot girl walks, my natural broad shoulders. I was a water polo player back in my day. I do love sport, and I love it even more because I've been listening to Two Good Sports. It's an iHeart Australia podcast. Abby Jelmy is the host and so is Georgie Turning from the Project. Now. The reason I like this is because they talk about sport, but they delve into like the gossip behind it, and it makes people that don't watch sport understand it in an easy understand matter.
Speaker 2: It's like they discuss the headlines, what's going down that week, and I think they do it in like a bite sized way. But they also make it so that women can understand it too, and it's also showing that women love sport like it's a whole movement right now.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love but I also hate this idea that, like, you know, women, sometimes I think that a lot of sport is angled towards men and it makes it it is less palatable for women, not that they don't understand it, but just that, you know, sometimes there's a better way to kind of put it.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, yeah, and that's exactly what Abby Jelmy does. She joins us, Now, how are you a superstar?
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, guys, that's intro. Ever, I completely agree down with gay keeping a sport. Welcome everyone. We are the gossip girl of sport and I love that Abby.
Speaker 2: Abby, Hey, okay, drop one. I'm going to go straight into it. Episode one. In twenty twenty four, you guys spoke about the enhanced games. Now, Laura and I also between ourselves on our podcast spoke about the enhanced games. Are you pro the steroid Olympics or are.
Speaker 1: You exactly what they are and what they are.
Speaker 2: Enhanced games than you steroid Olympics that they want to do At the end.
Speaker 3: Of basic no rules apply like if you're on steroids, come on down and it's going to be the fastest, the strongest, doesn't matter what you're taking, go for it.
Speaker 1: Doping is allow so abby.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 4: I think it's coming whether we like it or not. And I think that's a bit that's so alarming about this is the concept seems so far fetch i e as you guys said, dope yourself to the guild, which is what James Magnuson said publicly that he would do for the chance of winning a million US dollars, which is what the reward is, you can break a world record. I want you to watch as if you're not watching the weightlifting, like, come on, that's just going to be entertaining.
Speaker 1: I want to discus the discus would be so next level that figure statis.
Speaker 3: I think it's a really interesting debate though, because it does like there's a lot of people who are in the Olympics who are doping and we just don't know about it. You know, they managed to get away with it. It just kind of evens the playing field a little bit here.
Speaker 4: It brings into disrepute everything we love about sport in the fact that it's meant to people striving to be the best version of themselves and inspiring others to be the best they can be. This says the best you can be is with drugs, and I just don't know now how that's going to go down, but the viewership will be insane. And again, this is an Olympic year. I mean, twenty twenty four, we're all looking eyes on Paris. Last year was a World Cup year. We had World Cups coming out of eight years, but this this is been Olympic year, and to have something like this spoken about, I mean, it's just it's so interesting. And that's why Georgie and I love having the podcast, because things like this happen and we just want to unpack it. And to get to do that with your best mate that also happens to be a sports journal is really fun. And we get to do it in a way that's the way two girlfriends do when they catch up a coffee. We don't have to worry about making palatable to your average sports audience, and that's really fun.
Speaker 2: This is something that went down on the show earlier this week. We had an ask uncut where someone writes in a predicament and it's around fantasy football.
Speaker 5: Have a listen a bit of a pickle of fantasy football is taking over my life. You'd think that he's dating fantasy football team because we've been together for six years and I'm expecting a ring sometime soon. But I think that's been put on the backburn because all he talks about, all he does, is just fantasy football team.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts ay on fantasy football as a whole and what this person should do in this situation.
Speaker 4: The only way to beat them is to join them. So unless she wants to create her own fantasy team, of which let's be honest, if I probably doesn't want her to be part of it. So my advice would be hide all the charging devices brilliant. I don't throw out the mobile, but potentially just make it being like where is my charger? And again, she'll probably be separated by the end of the year. You can't beat fantasy football. They believe it's real. It's real for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is good for them. Let him have something people to believe in stuff, Abbey. I want to get your take on the whole Sam Curve drama, like everything going on over there. Do you have inside gossip. Do you know what's going on there? Obviously Sam discharged. Is all the alleged things that happen in London with the police officer, are you guys across that, what's your take there?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's an incredible story, an incredible story that happened a year ago, but it's only coming to light now. And I think the thing about this for the Matildas is it such a massive year for them and their all eyes are on Paris and whether or not they can finally make the podium. But the thing is Sam is injured, so she wouldn't be captaining our Olympic team anyway. So I think that's the one positive thing that Matilda's fans can take out of this is potentially it isn't going to derail their sites on the Olympic as much as what you would think. But I'm always hesitant to keep my opinion until we've heard the facts. No one actually knows to this point what Sam said. Yeah, there is such a key part analysis in all of this, so I think we wait and see, but of course it's never what we want to see. And it comes back to that debate of athletes are idols? Whether they like it or not, and so many people, and we saw the groundswell of the amount of people that love Sam Kerr. And I'm sure we'll find out more about this in time, but for now, there's so much information that we don't know except it happened a really long time ago.
Speaker 1: God listen if you want more takes like that. What did you say at the start? Abby, it's a gossip girl but for sports.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if George's in on that, but I'm going with it. I'm going with it.
Speaker 1: I love that. Get it on two good Sports. Thank you so much for coming on, guy. It was a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 3: Thanks Abby, much of a light.
Speaker 1: Guys, thanks girl. Hey, next on the show Girls, I have had, and I haven't told you this story yet, the most mortifying experience of my life. Here in the workplace bathroom, I exposed myself to a staff member. Are you a flasher? In the songs I went to do a week in the middle of the show and I accidentally exposed myself to a high level executive?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to get a pay rise?
Speaker 1: Oh? Let's see how it works out if I get a pay rise. They were impressed, if I lose my job, then I need to get some cosmetic work. Fortunate for you, well, it does even happen next on the pickup. So in the songs where you know, on the air, Here at the pickup and we're playing some songs. We're playing the traffic and I went, girls, I'm going to duck to the loo.
Speaker 3: You ran off to the toilet. You've got a very fine art. Time to get it done.
Speaker 2: And you said you were going to poop yourself curry.
Speaker 1: I didn't have curry last night. It was a simple wee. I also do much more than you two. I press all the buttons on the show. You know, we need you.
Speaker 3: You can't be not here when the song's finished, so I rush off.
Speaker 1: I mean the new era of baggy pants. Baggy pants are in, so I'm wearing these big baggy pants. I'm also in the air of putting my iPhone in my back pocket because when you wear your pants high waisted, your side pockets are a bit too high. They're kind of on your hips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your pants they're very big, like as in like they're like like the shape of the bottom of the bottom its bottom chair.
Speaker 1: So I have my iPhone the big iPhone Promax, Like, it's the heavy one in my back right pocket.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I go to the bathroom. I'm kind of in a rush because we're on air, so I rush in there. I walk in and I see that that Bryan he works here at the radio station. He's actually like a he's an executive. Like, yeah, he's got a desk with a glass window in front of it. Yeah, he's powerful. So I rush up. He's in the far left urinal. There's three urinals, left, middle, right. The middle one's empty, kind of like guy editul. All the men listening know, if there's a spare in the middle, you're all good to go on the right hand side one because it's kind of you got that free space in the middle. You're not gonna look.
Speaker 2: Never doesn't choose the middle. You'd never urinate right next to someone if there was an option not to. Is that like the unspoken.
Speaker 1: Rules of course?
Speaker 3: Do you wait for people to finish at the urinal or do you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wait, you join a line, or if there's a cubicle, you go in the cubicle.
Speaker 3: You just would you would wait in a line. You wouldn't go to the middle one. If there was someone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my, if there was.
Speaker 2: But if what it hang on? If there's if there's three urinal spots, because this is really interesting. If there's three urinal spots and there's a person on either side, you don't us walked in.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You would rather wait than use it, even though it's free.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's a nuance to this. Not in a public didn't think this is where we go with this. Not in a public bathroom, rescinated. Not in a workplace bathroom, because you know everyone you don't want to see each other's members and it's a bit off. Yeah, but you're kind of seeing the periphery. We're humans, we've got you just don't. It's just it's men rules. You just don't. So anyway, it was free on the right, so I'm going to use So walk up. I'll show you. I did look up to the right side journal and I'm in a rushwack and I go hi mate, He goes hi, buddy, he's still looking straight ahead. I unbuttoned my pants like I popped the top. I pulled my fly down and they're actually a little button pops. They're like snappops.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's not a fly. And as soon as I pull the fourth button down on my pants, the weight of my iPhone pulls my dacks straight to the ground. Like I'm doing right now.
Speaker 3: You don't need to do You don't need to show us, don't need to be he's doing it. Stand up and level. Look, pants on.
Speaker 1: My pants.
Speaker 3: You you stood there at the urinal holding yourself, but with your pants in a pool around your ankles.
Speaker 1: Your pants my ankles. My pants are at my ankles like I'm a toddler at a Westfield bathroom.
Speaker 3: Did you pick them up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Because what there? My face is going to go in the truck.
Speaker 2: So you just weed. You just took your pants off next to your boss.
Speaker 1: They fell down to my ankles and you owned it. And he looked because he heard it. There was a commotion because my iPhone hits the tire bang on the ground. And then I just pretend that that's something that I do. So my cute little butt cheeks are just poking out of the back. I got my member in my hand. He's still going, you know, because I cool and prostate issues. He's taken ages, but he's taking prostate. I've got a useful prostate so mine's done before he is. So what I have to do is, Laura, I have to Then you're right bend down so.
Speaker 3: You do like an awkward squat so you don't put your face.
Speaker 1: But it's one of those smart urinals which has a sensor, so it senses my face, so it goes so I get backsplash on my face and I go, oh, I kind of like fall over and my knees are all pulled, so I pull my pants up and then I run out, and I haven't spoken to him since I don't know.
Speaker 3: What okay in that moment. If something happens, I know it's awkward, but you just say you make a joke about it. That's what it's literally your job.
Speaker 2: Hang on, can someone? Can someone get Brian? Someone out there get.
Speaker 3: Don't get no, because you should have just said, oh, I'm so sorry, how embarrassing. You can at least now tell him that you don't stand at a urinal and pull your pants down around your No.
Speaker 1: It was it was one of those situations that was so mortifying that I want to get out of there as soon as possible, So I did. I literally just happened. My hands they're still dripping don't bring that where. I don't know. Should we get bro. I mean, we can see see what Brian saw.
Speaker 3: We can we can ask his thoughts. It doesn't make is probably traumatized and doesn't want to give his thoughts. He's trying to pretend it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: I want Brian's thoughts.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to get into a rate my members that we want.
Speaker 2: We need to decide.
Speaker 1: You should ask you want me to apologize to this executive.
Speaker 2: And ask if you're getting a pay rise?
Speaker 1: It could go well for okay, Oh God, get you go get Brian. We'll go to a break and we come back. Brian's on the air. God next on the pickup. If just tuning in moments ago, I flashed myself to a co worker during the pick up. I went to the bathroom in the break.
Speaker 3: And accidentally, Oh yeah, you didn't just walk out and be like, Oh, I wonder who's going to respond to this.
Speaker 1: No, what happened was I went to the bathroom in a rush because I'm live on air, and I press all the buttons here at the show, and I pulled my pants down and they fell straight to my ankles. And if a man's ever, men will relate to this if you've ever been to a Westfield public bathroom and you see like a toddler there with his dad at the trough and they're like holding hands with this little peachy butt out. That was me. My pants were at my ankles, next to Brian, who works here at the radio station in a senior level position.
Speaker 3: But what's weirder about this is that you had every opportunity at that point to say make a joke or be like, oh my pants are down, but you didn't. I pretended that that's what you always do.
Speaker 2: You're that weird. We got Brian.
Speaker 1: Hi, Brian, the way that he is looking at me, Jump on.
Speaker 2: Here here, or you've got a microphone for you.
Speaker 6: Here, Hey, Brian, great to see you again.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at my crutch when you said that, Brian?
Speaker 3: That's wait what happened?
Speaker 6: Oh well, business was being conducted and there was young Mitchell with pants around his ankles. Are the bleachings working well, by.
Speaker 1: The way, thank you? Yes, it's new. It's the girls have directed me in their clinic and it's been really great.
Speaker 3: Did you think that this is just how he always goes to the toilet like was that your instant reaction.
Speaker 6: I couldn't over here that you were saying that, know, this is what those little kids do. And I thought, man, this kid has not grown up.
Speaker 1: In every way.
Speaker 6: And I'm surprised you weren't lifting your the.
Speaker 1: Shirt up, I know you and holding my dad's hand on the right. No, Brian, because it was it was the weight of the phone that pulled my pants to my ankles. And you looked because the thud of my phone hit the tile, and then you kind of looked to think what was that? And I saw your brain process, oh, he's gon take care an his naked in the workplace. So then you kind of darted forward, which was very respectful.
Speaker 6: Well, I thought, with the sound that I heard, I thought, geez, Mitch is doing quite well for himself. What was the you have to stand way back? I get it?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're not not offended. I didn't. I apologize if I did upset you.
Speaker 6: No, you can't offend me. Don't some more than he wanted to.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: If you walk into a man's journal and there's three spots to do your.
Speaker 6: Business, are you testing me here on what the etiquette is?
Speaker 1: Tested me to tested me?
Speaker 2: So it's not a it's not a there's no right or wrong, but we want to know. There's three spots and one goes on one man is on one side, one meetings on the other side, and then there's a space in the middle. If you then enter and you really need to go, do you use the space in the middle or do you have to wait?
Speaker 6: Okay, is there a stall available?
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not in my hypothetical.
Speaker 6: If I really really need to go, then you have to choose it.
Speaker 3: Yes, But then do the two people on either side think you're a bit weird that you didn't just wait?
Speaker 6: Because we're all aware of the etiquette.
Speaker 1: I know that you must die.
Speaker 2: So if you've broken the etiquette, they know that they must be a reached.
Speaker 3: Can I just that who teaches you this etiquette? Because this is the first time I've learning about this.
Speaker 6: It's evolutionary biology that's built into us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll never be not weird to me as a female that this is how men go to the toilet, Like we're not sitting in there with the doors open when we go to the bathroom, like everything is in private. Not that doesn't happen. Whereas you guys you walk in next to your coworker and just stand there with your pants around your ankles.
Speaker 1: And it's normal. That's definitely not more.
Speaker 6: I have to ask the question so when you're going to your next music festival, because you will have to try out the she wheeze.
Speaker 3: I actually went well. I went to a rave last night but didn't take a she weee with me. This is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm reading the room right, but I feel like Brian and I have some chemistry.
Speaker 3: I feel like I don't know if Brian agrees, but I think you're getting fired, Mitch. That's where we're heading two with this.
Speaker 1: This is disciplinary estion he was.
Speaker 2: He did actually say that. After the experience which came in, he said, I think it went well. I'm going to ask Brian for a pay Rice, and.
Speaker 6: Yes, you're getting a raised.
Speaker 1: That kind of very different. Thank you, Brian. Sorry, back to your dance. Yeah. Help. If you need Brian, you can find him in any public cubicle in the middle Brian.
Speaker 3: Somehow like how did he get dragged?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian, Thank you, Brian, Thank you. I can't believe you brought him.
Speaker 3: You can believe it, as he as if you didn't think that was going to happen. You know that was game by now.
Speaker 1: That's so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that he didn't specify what kind of rage you're going to get. Very clever man, Brian.
Speaker 1: He also doesn't have that kind of power. We've given him a bit much. I don't think you can control that.
Speaker 3: You can go back from Brian. People getting in trouble.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go home, see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, says