Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody.
Speaker 3: Oh gee, Brittany Hockley, slip and down a green juice before we start the pickup?
Speaker 4: Huh, I'm on my Health Kick era. This is it? This is like a Lita of I can't tell you. I think it's celery.
Speaker 1: I just basically said, put every green, healthy thing in there and mix it together.
Speaker 4: I mean it's very healthy looking. Yes, Hi, everyone, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Laura's eating a double cheeseburger.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Although three o'clock it's a tricky time to start a show because it is the time that everyone gets hungry.
Speaker 2: So hard because you can't have a big meal.
Speaker 3: Then you've spoilt your dinner and you also it's too late to have a full lunch.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 4: You have a giant green juice?
Speaker 2: Well, what are you want the health Kick for?
Speaker 5: You're healthy?
Speaker 4: You know why?
Speaker 1: I have been sleeping horble, like really really badly. And I think a lot of things like that comes back to do with your diet, like what you're consuming. You eating enough vegetables and nutrients? Are you eating too much sugars? So I just need to clean my diet up. I remember you saying when you came back from I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here, you were like, I have never slept better than when I was in the jungle. I'm cur I'm speaking about you as though you're not here, but that's what you.
Speaker 4: Were saying to us.
Speaker 1: You were saying, you've never slept better than when you're eating beans and rice.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: A month.
Speaker 1: I spent a month in South Africa with like lit no outside stimulus, like phones or anything. But the food was the cleanest, most wholesome, standard basic food oats, meat, vegetables, and my sleep was incredible, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Isn't it the armo celeb diet coming to stores? And who needs a zempic when you could just go on what Denise Drysdale and Britney for a week.
Speaker 2: Let's call it the Drysdale diet. If you want in you have trouble sleeping meat, you could have some.
Speaker 4: You get me out of here. You'd be great on that show, Mitch, anyway.
Speaker 2: That's to shed ten kilos.
Speaker 4: No, just I think you'd be very good on the show anyway.
Speaker 1: Looking Coming up next is ask Uncut, where we answer you're deep, you're dark, and you're burning questions, and we have a good one today. One of our listeners has a bit of a conundrum where their boyfriend will not make them social media official.
Speaker 2: What do you do, Well, there's new ones.
Speaker 3: If it's an early relationship, you give it about a year, I reckon, what about it?
Speaker 4: If you're quite deep in the relationship, it's tough. Now, Yeah, we need to hear from us.
Speaker 3: All right, she's joining us next here at the pickup around Australia.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a Thursday, ladies, so we have to do this. We do it every week. It's our favorite.
Speaker 3: Ask uncut ausk gun cut.
Speaker 2: You do it on your podcast Life one Cut.
Speaker 3: Every week we have a listener who's gotten in touch with us. They've got a question in their life. Today we're going to try and help out Kate. Kate is struggling with her partner. He doesn't post her to social.
Speaker 2: Media, which is an issue that red flag we've all faced. Kate, Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Give us the details?
Speaker 6: Hey guys, Yeah, so you hit the nail on the head me. It's like, I've been with my boyfriend for three years now and I've just never made an Instagram official. Like I'm not even on his grid at all. It's almost like he's not even in a relationship. And like, I love him so much and obviously there's no problems like in our real life, but it's I just don't understand why he won't post me or post any pictures of us on social media. It just seems a bit strange.
Speaker 1: Okay. Is he someone who's active on social media or does he just never use it so therefore he doesn't post you or anything?
Speaker 6: Well, he does, but like, like, but this is the thing. He'll post pitches with him and his friends, like the whole nightsw like you know, even brunch and stuff like that, Like you'll go out with them and post photos at brunch and stuff. And I'm like, okay, well, like and I've never really wanted to ask. I don't know how do you approach this. That's the thing. I don't know how to bring it up.
Speaker 4: It's definitely upsetting.
Speaker 1: If the avocado on toast makes the grid and you don't like for me, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well you put the poach egg on there?
Speaker 1: Do you have you actually asked him why? Because for me, I think three is deep. If people are using social media, that's crazy. I tend to lean towards there trying to I had something and I hate saying that, but at the end of the day, that's what it is, Like you should be pretty important.
Speaker 4: So what has he said when you've asked him?
Speaker 6: Well, I've kind of hinted, So I've never really gone in and been like, hey, why don't you posting on social media because I don't want to seem like needy or anything as well, Like I kind of just go, oh, that's a nice picture of you and your friends.
Speaker 4: It's not needy anymore. You don't need to hint or droppings. Also, do you post him on your social media?
Speaker 1: Because like do you post him in your stories and then you tag him and he just never reshares your stories, like what's happening there?
Speaker 6: Well, that is actually how I've tried to see if he'll reshare it, because when I've tagged him, because I posted about him all the time. See that's the other thing I post all the time, thinking Okay, he's going to reshare it. Never reshare it.
Speaker 4: That's so weird. He wants to appear single, and I reckon, I've done.
Speaker 3: Some thinking if you only ever posts him out with his boyfriends and he's posting brunch. I've got a lot of gay friends do that every single weekend.
Speaker 2: Watch RuPaul's drag Race by Chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh we love it. We watched time.
Speaker 2: Are you sitting down?
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you something. I fear your boyfriend to the other one. He might be a friend of Dudy's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, She's like's not you just need to I think three years, let's be serious, three years.
Speaker 1: You are at a place where you should be able to sit down and say it makes me feel a bit insecure that you don't post me. Can are you happy to put me on the gram? And if he says no, there's definitely something more at play, because anyone should be able to be like, you know what, You're right? It has been three years and no one knows you exist, So so you.
Speaker 6: Think I should just go straight in and just say, look, yeah, why don't you post me? Okay?
Speaker 1: The other alternative is to hack into his phone and upload something to his grid without him knowing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, always wanted to do that, but I'm like, oh, I can't even talk to him about it.
Speaker 3: Think what you should do is get the grind of sound effect from YouTube, play it in the same room as in with his eyes light up.
Speaker 2: I'm right if he is, it'll be it'll be stressful for a bit, but trust me, you'll have a new best friend.
Speaker 6: Please help me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he'll You love having someone help with your outfits. All right.
Speaker 3: You can get in touch if you've got a question that you need answered. Oh four nine nine four four one o six five fort nine nine four four one six five.
Speaker 4: Okay, Britt, what are you Okay? I just I just always wonder.
Speaker 1: I always am about to tell you guys something stupid that I've done, And then I have this moment where I'm like, why do I continuously talk about the stupid things I do?
Speaker 4: But because we get paid to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I embarrassed on the hugely with a listener.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it went down like a lead balloon.
Speaker 2: I pick up listener.
Speaker 4: It was an auto correct. It wasn't my fault. I am innocent, all right.
Speaker 2: That next the court room of the pick up after.
Speaker 1: This, Okay, I have had the biggest fail mission, Laura, that I have had in a pretty long time. And I've done some pretty bad things. I've you know, answered to FaceTime to my fiance's family, nude. There's been some moments pretty bad.
Speaker 4: This one just felt bad.
Speaker 1: Because it made me look like a horrible per. Now, our phones can be our best friend, but they can get you into a lot of trouble too. I had what we call a lifer so our podcast Life Uncut, Laura and I, the community and all the listeners, we call them lifers.
Speaker 4: They call themself lifers. This is what it is.
Speaker 1: So I had a girl write to me on Instagram a really lovely message, like she was just saying, Hey, I'm a big fan. I've followed you for a long time. I have listened to the podcast four years. So she wrote me this just to be nice, like this beautiful, long, lovely message and talk to me about how many episodes she's listened to and what she loved and all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: And I thought this was beautiful.
Speaker 1: But I'm always frantic, and I'm always writing messages on the goal or in between breaks on radio or whatever it is. So I just quickly typed back press send, and then I was like, I'll get back to that later.
Speaker 4: I had responded to her. I wanted to say, oh, you're a lifer, like cool.
Speaker 1: What I wrote to her was, oh, you're a loser exclamation mark is sent.
Speaker 4: It really does change the tone, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Because if you're like you're a life by exclamation mark exclamation mark, that's like excited.
Speaker 4: If it's like you're a loser, you're yelling it at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she would have been desperate to make you last, so she would have gone, yeah.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: She's a singer songwriter, so she's really creative. So I feel like it's worse because she puts her own music on. So I feel like I feel like she thought I was doubling down. I know I died anyway.
Speaker 4: I wrote back immediately and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, no, no, no, no, so so sorry, you're not a loser. I meant life by auto correct, and she goes, wow, thanks for clarifying, because I was thinking, tell me what you really think, Brittany.
Speaker 2: It's so funny what Casey's called as this happened to you, Casey High.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had. This actually happened a long time ago. But I was working in a law firm and I sent out an email to the whole theam and at the end I meant to say, if this is going to cause you any inconvenience, but instead I sent out if this is going to cause you any content them.
Speaker 4: Wet your pants.
Speaker 8: It because one of the lawyers. This is back in the day when it was kind of acceptable in the corporate world to do a reply all to the whole office. One of the lawyers wrote back and said, jeez, it's going to be a messy old day if we've all got in continent.
Speaker 3: I bet that was the talk of that law firm for about a week. That sounds like it was thrilling.
Speaker 2: Bees called did this happen to you as well? These great Well.
Speaker 9: I was working in government at the time, and I was texting someone really high up in government without incriminating myself, think like the highest person in government and correct. Instead of messaging thanks insert name here, it said thanks, Daddy.
Speaker 8: Mployed.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, Daddy, did you dirty?
Speaker 4: Oh Daddy didn't fire you?
Speaker 2: Did he stop doing this to me? Can we stop saying Mitch likes Daddy.
Speaker 9: Look, I couldn't like. I just couldn't say face.
Speaker 6: I was like, you know what, here's my resignation as well.
Speaker 2: Daddy fired me. I think I'll watched that video last night.
Speaker 4: It was a sure clip only wait for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Thank you bee wow, what over it gets the best of it.
Speaker 4: It gets people into a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: That's funny, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, the story that everyone is discussing today yo Chi guy.
Speaker 2: You know Yochi guy.
Speaker 1: It's been very big on TikTok. But this is this is a very questionable ick. I mean, we all have icks as to what turns us off in relationships, but I think we have found ground zero of the world's stupidest ick.
Speaker 4: Now I hate Yochi guy. I'm calling it now. I don't like him. I think he's all right, you've.
Speaker 2: Got the audio fee that's polarized the internet. We'll play it for you.
Speaker 3: After this on the pickup, we need to discuss one of the biggest stories of the day. This is Yochie man, and this is the man that you will end up hating today. That's a problem.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're going to end up hating him. Okay, So, Yochi guy, if you don't know who he is. He's going viral on TikTok at the moment because of a very apparently question date that he went on and he got the ick from the girl that he took on the date. Firstly, he thought everything was going swimmingly fine, had a great conversation in the car.
Speaker 4: There were vibes.
Speaker 1: Then they got into yochi, which, for anyone who doesn't know what yoachi is, it's like a frozen yogurt self serve things and you lancy, Yeah, you pour your frozen yogurt in, and then you go to the buffet of frozen yogurt toppings and you add your topping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's priced by weight, so the more toppings, the more expensivities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Okay, you put it on TikTok.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So I was on a date last night, more specifically a yochi date.
Speaker 5: Chemistry's there. Pull into yoach. I grabbed the normal sized cup, right, like the small one. I see that my date grabs the big cup. I'm like, oh, that could be an issue because realistically, I'm probably gonna have to pay this and I'm starting to freak out. So anyways, fill up the cups mines at a reasonable amount I'm looking at I'm like, my god, that's like forty dollars already, I'm like freaking out. And then we get to the toppings, I'm like, ar it soraw is your aise up on the toppings, So then I'm filling up. I'm putting like a Aubrey on at a time. This girl is just putting every topic on him, like joesus leave some for everyone else.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the reason why he's saying he got the ick is because when he got to the checkout, he had to pay for her exorbitant YOCHI. I think the bar forgetting the ick is so low at the moment that we will very easily kind of dismiss relationships because the person turns us off, but have a listen to what that he has to say. So then it comes to paying, and it's the classic are you guys togther and you look at her, she looks at you.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oh god, it comes out it's like three hundred and thirty dollars and like this sucks.
Speaker 1: Anyways, whatever I'm kind of offered at this point, I've sort of got the eck.
Speaker 5: Don't want to be there.
Speaker 3: Ick Aside, the bar is so low for a man to only be funny when he's putting other women down. I think, first of all, is disgusting.
Speaker 4: It's you're such a feminist. Sorry, he gave me the ick.
Speaker 1: If you ask a woman out, then you shame her for what she eats and you're too tight and you complain about paying for her frozen yoget.
Speaker 4: You didn't get caviat and lobster. You got a frozen yogurt. You've got some milk that's been on ice.
Speaker 1: If you topics, if you are shamed, yeah, which is shaming her for leave some for everybody else, Like I'm sorry, but there's I want nothing to do with that absolute twat and all he has done. He is really like reiterate that he's not going to get another date. You have put yourself out there to make sure no woman wants to go near you with a ten foot pole.
Speaker 3: He's clearly not used to having something of that much weight in his hand, you know, must clearly be.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, people are absolutely flaming him on TikTok at the moment, Like I think he put this out there thinking that people will be like, yeah, that's so funny. But there have been hordes of women who have been commenting, firstly saying things like if you only have mcfluorry money, you shouldn't be taking someone to yo chi in the first place. Other people are also saying, like if this is the benchmark for what you get the ick from, like you should hear the stories that so many women have around horrific dates that they have had.
Speaker 2: Did you see what she posted?
Speaker 3: She woke up feeling a little blow to from the yummy yoachie I had on what I thought was a good date last night. He woke up and decided to share the intimate details of our date to the world.
Speaker 4: Well, they weren't really that intimate. It was just toppings how much she was She was shamed me.
Speaker 2: I'd be gutted.
Speaker 5: I'd honestly be gutted.
Speaker 4: Do you have an eck for your boyfriend?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do it.
Speaker 2: Well, Steven's dick for me my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: When I first ever messaged him day one on that dating app, I invited him out for yochi and he said that is that's so unsexy and we're not going to get frozen yogurt.
Speaker 2: He got from frozen yogurt? We what are we doing? Instead? Went to your house, britt.
Speaker 1: Way sexier my house and my lounge is wasted.
Speaker 4: We all know what they did on your lounge house sitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, extra toppings. All right, well they're going to go