Speaker 1: Tuesday on the Pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch h. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse, they want to give you a free doctor's consult. Download the Instant Consolet app today. Save this coupon co I write this down c W free to claim your free consult. All right now, Britt, you've got an update for us here on your fertility journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. I froze my eggs for the first time about three years ago, and then I froze them again just about a month or so ago. Now I'm going through that process with my partner Ben, who lives overseas, So I was sort of giving you guys live updates on that as it was happening, because I think it's really important. If you missed my last update, this is it. I only got four eggs, which is really low, and then one of those eggs immediately was no good, So I ended up with only three eggs and having had fifteen last time, and knowing that fifteen only makes that one child, three is very low. So I'm talking about egg freezing there if you didn't quite catch that. So this is the second time I had frozen my eggs, so I have like another update on that update. So I thought I was sort of updating you guys as I was going as the process was happening, and maybe I did that too soon so that I was actually with Mitch at the time. I got a call saying, you know, your three has gone to two. One you know was no good, And so I got upset at that because I thought, wow, like they're dropping like flies, but two still great. And then I received another call saying there was some complications and there weren't mature enough, and there's a whole there's a whole multitude of reasons that eggs and embryos and things like that don't fully develop and form and not viable. My two that I got were not viable. So I ended up with nothing, no eggs. Yeah, which is fine. It is fine because other people go through far more than that. But yeah, it's definitely disappointing and a bit of a hit to think that you can go through this whole process for weeks of these injections and in your head you're like, well, I have science on my side, like I have everything pushing me in the direction to get what I need, and then to come up with nothing, knowing that I you know I had all the help I could get and I still didn't get one egg. As a woman is like, really, I knew my fertility wasn't great, but I didn't always that bad.
Speaker 3: But did they give you any information as to why? Because I know what the very first time you like what you said, this is your second time doing egg freezing. The first time you got fifteen eggs.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was about three years ago. I got fifteen eggs. I am doing it again in November. I'll go the third time, and I've spoken to my fertility doctor and basically, we're just gonna pump me so hard full of hormones excessively, which means I'm going to be really, really crook. You could possibly go into what they call hypervarian syndrome, which is very painful, sometimes be dangerous if they go too far. But they're going to try and get the balance just right, just maybe topple me over to get as many as I can. So I'm hoping it's not. I'm hoping. This doesn't mean that there's never ever going to be any I think, I say, and I say, like the next harvest. I think the next harvest is gonna be good. But I feel like I went to the farm's market, got a dozen eggs and like dropped him on the way home.
Speaker 1: You know, you say, like you know, it's it's not okay, it's not good, it's all. It's also all right for it to be a shitty situation, because it is. It's the reality of life. And like you've said, thousands of women go through this every day. I don't know if you can speak to it. I can't. As a man, I kind of fathom the emotions, but you must. You would think I'm a failure. This is me. You take it so personally, right, you just.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you do, for sure. But it's not just me. I feel a let down for my partner Ben. He lives overseas, so he's living in Schooltland and it affects him as much as it affects me. You know, he wants kids. I live with the fact that he won't get them. He's so amazing and he's been so supportive.
Speaker 1: How to accuse you were with him when you found out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was beside myself because you automatically think the worst as well. Like I have complete faith now after speaking to my doctor again that we will get some in the next round. But at the time, you know, when you're like I almost felt better by walloween in myself pity. I was like, yeah, I'm never gonna be able to do this for you. I'm sorry, Like it's I can't even do it. It's science, you know. I just got really low. And he's like, this is not this doesn't matter. He's like, it doesn't change anything, and next time is going to be better and we're going to do this together. And he's he was really really great, and he's really big on positivity. He's like, don't let the eggs in there hear what you're saying.
Speaker 3: And I was like, there in there, they can't hear me.
Speaker 2: That's my update. I guess it's like one thing I do want to say to any women out there, I really would recommend going to get a fertility test, just even your blood test, because since I've been speaking about this, so many women of message saying I wish I got mine checked earlier because I went to get a checked and it's too late. I'm going to early menopause, my fertilities bad, I got into introcess so many things, and it's so easy to go and get that initial blood test, just to start the process.
Speaker 1: We got ya, We got your little eggies.
Speaker 2: No scrambled eggs for Bricky.
Speaker 1: Okay, well now you can make absolutely no.
Speaker 2: And I'm too awkward being serious.
Speaker 3: I always have to throw it in there.