Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura, and today is Thursday Therapy, Thursday, Ask gun Cut, where you're write in you did the darkest questions, we answer them before that.
Speaker 3: It's not only Thursday, it's not only ask gun Cut, but it is.
Speaker 1: Our last record before we take a little teeny weenie Vaca.
Speaker 2: Yes, it very much is. We meant to tell you this on Tuesday's episode. We had planned and we were like, Okay, we're going to talk about the fact that we're going on a mini little holiday just two weeks off, and then we got excited and we forgot about it because engagements trump holidays.
Speaker 1: So I can't understand why that happened. And there's definitely a pecking order. It goes diarrhea, engagement holidays, engagement, NITS holiday. I think that that's the order. Nits, no awards, knits holiday. That's that's what it is. This engagement wasn't at the bottom. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Somebody wrote in on our our YouTube channel, so if you guys haven't seen it and you've listened to tuesday's episode, you can also watch Tuesday's episode on the YouTube so life on cut podcast YouTube, and someone had written, actually, I'll read it to you because that really gave me a giggle this morning.
Speaker 3: When you just said the YouTube, it was so boomer. It was like, it's the same as people saying you.
Speaker 1: Can watch it on the Instagram, you can watch it on the YouTube, just on YouTube, just on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I am a millennial and I'm okay with that. I feel like I'm becoming more millennial as the days go on. I've been a lifer since twenty twenty, and it is so beautiful to see how much you have flourished together. Congrats on the award producer, Keisha, huge congratulations to you, Ben and to Britt and Laura. I am so sorry about your knits. It was like, thank you, condolences.
Speaker 3: That is the time of sympathy that I need rip to your scalp.
Speaker 2: Well, we are going on a two week break pretty much as of tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What is your plans exactly? You don't even know yet.
Speaker 1: No, we had to book really last minute because we never know what happens with Ben's football.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they want you to go back like his job.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they want you to go back early, or go somewhere else, to go to a training camp or whatever. So we always have to wait till the last minute to see if this time. So we just booked a couple of days ago. We're going back to see Sherry, my sister, Sherry and Jay. We've randomly book We just picked one place in Europe. So we're flying an all meeting in Malta.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, amazing that. You know that's what Matt's favorite place in Europe that he's been to.
Speaker 1: Well, I really yeah, I really wanted to try and go somewhere I haven't been because I did in my youth spend a lot of time in Europe. So I was like, I want to go somewhere new. Sherry hasn't been there other so we're going to Malta. So random, but I can't wait.
Speaker 3: But on the Blue Lagoon there is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's so small so we're going to rent a car and you can get everywhere, but we've only got four or five it's very short four or five days. But on the way we're stopping in the mal Dives, just like a sneaky little bypass. You know.
Speaker 2: Most people have like their holiday destination that they frequent it's like Byron Bay or down the coast.
Speaker 3: And Brittany goes to the Maldives. She was like, we're just popping back in. Well, I this is Ben. Ben wanted to go there really badly.
Speaker 1: He loved it so much and he only gets one holiday a year, so he was like, can we stop in the Maldives? And I'm like, I mean, the worst place is to stop. The mountains is so hard to get to.
Speaker 3: It's not fourteen direct flight, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fourteen and a half hour, It's not.
Speaker 1: That hard to get going to the Bermuda Triangle. I think people think it's really far. No, I think people just think it's really expensive.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: You can do it really expensive or you can do it pretty cheap too. It just depends on what you want to stay, what island and how lush like it's like anywhere you can go to Barley and do it cheap, waller expensive, like there's always options. But that's my holiday. What are you doing, Laura?
Speaker 2: So I am going to India on Sunday and my sister and I with Tony May. We manufacture at all different places, but in India that's where we get a lot of our stones from because that is like such a mineral hub before like all semi precious stones, so we have multiple supplies over there. We're going to Jaipur, then we're going to Mumbai. We're going to Delhi and then we fly from there to Bali. So I've got twelve days of NonStop work. It's kind of like how we run things, like when we're on holidays from here, I just go and do that job instead. But I'm going without the kids, and I'm going without Matt. So it's twelve days of blizz It's twelve days of uninterrupted sleep. Not been back to India since before I met Matt, so I can't wait. But I also don't know how I'm gonna feel about it now, because when I went in my twenties, I loved the chaos, I loved the overstimulation. I loved that you kind of have to be okay with things not going the way that you want them to go because they don't follow the same order as what they do in Australia that we used to no rules, No, well there's rules, but it's kind of like Bali, but times a million in terms of just how chaotic it can be and how busy it is. But I don't know whether I'm going to enjoy that as much as what I did when I was also just traveling and didn't have any like time limitations around me. But now going there for work and having like very structured things that I need to get done whilst I'm there, if things don't go to plan, I'm going to find that very very frustrating. So I'm curious to see whether I actually enjoyed it as much as I did when I was just traveling around.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting because travel changes so much as you get older, totally. I just think of the things that I used to do when I was backpacking in my twenties with Sherry, and I look back at it now with like almost like a parental motherly lenses.
Speaker 3: And I'm not a parent or a mother, but I'm old enough to be.
Speaker 1: But I look back and I'm like, were you crazy putting yourself in those situations and like doing the things that you did now that I know are so dangerous. The places that we slept, like we were sharing single beds in hostels.
Speaker 3: Now I'm like, I'm just popping back.
Speaker 2: To the mouldip speaking of sounding boomer, you just joined me on that saying I feel parental.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, what in my time, I would have done some crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, last time I was in India, I got this stupid tattoo.
Speaker 3: I was in ak with my best girlfriend Kaya.
Speaker 2: And we were like, yollow, let's get Tattoosine. I got a mandala, also terribly culturally inappropriate. I know that now, but I was like nineteen at the time I got a mandala, and I got off center because I was like, everything in life is off center. And then for my entire twenties, people would look at my wrists and be like, wow, you had a big weekend. So everyone thought that this stupid tattoo was a nightclub stamp.
Speaker 3: I cringe. My whole twenty is tiny bit.
Speaker 1: Every time you tell a story about how you got it off center, because life's off center.
Speaker 3: Life is off center.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take me to a tattoours is very stupid, Producercasia.
Speaker 3: Where are you going for holiday? I am going first week. I'm actually gonna go and meet my brand new niece.
Speaker 4: My brother and sister in law had their third baby last week and.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go meet her. And then I'm going to Bali for a week.
Speaker 4: And I'm so so excited to just like lay on a beach and not do anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself though.
Speaker 4: The last time I went to Bali for me, Semnyak and Chungu were just a little bit too busy.
Speaker 3: For what I was after. So this time I'm going on a chill in Uluwashu. Don't get an off center tattoo. I'm not gonna get in a dull.
Speaker 2: I promise I will not come back with any more tattoos. Also, and I know that this is not as big a deal to anybody else as what it is to me, But today is Marley's birthday and she is five years old, and it is crazy to me that when we started this podcast, she was.
Speaker 3: In my belly and on your tit a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so like when we started having the conversations around whether we were going to make a podcast or not. I was like midway through my pregnancy, and then when we recorded our first episode, I was very, very, very heavily pregnant, so like there's real significance around like Marley's birthdate. So yeah, I had a moment today this morning when I got her out of bed and we had like presents and stuff before coming to work. It was the first time where I felt like, I can't believe that she's that big. I can't believe that much time has passed and how quickly it's passing.
Speaker 1: It is actually wild when you think about it like that, and when you link the two, because I still look at her like she's like two years old. She's a baby, and that means I still look at life on cunt like that. But when you think back, I don't think if you asked me on that day that we started that podcast, literally almost five years to the day, we've just actually missed.
Speaker 3: The birthday by a week.
Speaker 2: No, we recorded early, so we actually started conversations like six months before this, But basically we recorded an episode and then we didn't release it into July July, so it's our birthday is coming out for life and cart we need.
Speaker 1: To not forget our birthday because we forget it every year. But if you ask me then five years ago, do you think this will be your full time job and that you'll be still doing it in five years? I would have said no way. Like I would have said, I would have hoped it. But I had no idea. I'm going to cry and what is wrong with me?
Speaker 3: I had no idea that the podcast, that.
Speaker 1: Little idea that we had would turn into something that changed our entire life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so glad that you guys have all joined in and been along with it. But yeah, five years your birthday. Miley so much she's the freaking verse. I can't believe she's five years old. But anyway, guys, that's a little update, a life update from us.
Speaker 3: We have two weeks holiday then we're back. We're refreshed.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got some great interviews which we've already banked when we come back. So yeah, we're going to be hitting it hard in two weeks time. But let's get into vibes and unsubscribes. Brit what is your vibe of the week.
Speaker 1: My vibe this week is a drink, and it is a drink that my fiance Ben has brought into my life.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Ben doesn't drink a lot because they can't drink all year. He gets one time of the year he drinks, and because it's the only time he's allowed to drink on holiday. Now, he doesn't like alcohol, to be honest, so he drinks things that mainly don't taste a lot like alcohol. But this is a Spanish drink that he has told me about that they drink over there. The locals drink it like it's like a very very local sangria.
Speaker 3: It's literally and he's been ordering this at every restaurant we go to.
Speaker 1: It's just a red wine that's quite full bodied, and you just do half a glass of red wine loads of ice, and then it has to be the other half has to be orange fanta. So he mixes just wine and fantera. And when he told me about it, because I love red wine, I was like, I don't know if I want to butcher my red wine like that, And now I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because we went out for dinner the other night and he ordered this and I looked at him like he was an absolute freak.
Speaker 3: But okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know whether my phone is listening to me or whether I'm going to put my tin ful hat on and be all conspiracy theory. I went home that night, went on TikTok and somebody had made a TikTok this is how to make a homemade sangria, and just did half served red wine and half serve fanta.
Speaker 3: It is now delicious. I've been served it twice, as in like I've not.
Speaker 2: Known physically brought it to you, but I've been served it on the internet twice.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you should physically be served it and try it, but that is it. The key is make sure there's loads of ice in it. It has to be really really cold, but it is divine like, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: That's my recommendation.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a mimosa but two point zero. But mimosas are also acceptable because everyone does it. If you go into a bar in Australia and ask for red wine and fantom, people still look at you like you just sit all the time.
Speaker 1: It's funny because Benny's this big six nearly six foot six, and everyone's ordering their drinks and he goes do you have fanta? Like? It's always just very funny every time I ask it, because he doesn't ask for red wine and fanta.
Speaker 4: He always checks if they've got the fanto first, and it just makes him sound like a child that's ordering out like a fire engine.
Speaker 3: Vibe for the week.
Speaker 2: My vibe for the week is it's an episode of The Daily OS. It's twelve minutes, so you can listen. It's very, very snappy. I'm recommending it because I was also recommended it by so many of you who listened to it yesterday or who saw it in socials and thought maybe I would be interested in it. And you will understand why in two seconds. Maybe I should be offended by this.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I can't imagine the Daily OL's doing a plant podcast.
Speaker 2: No, but you will understand this one. It is the rise in young women getting LaBier surgery.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, saw that. Now.
Speaker 2: It's all around the social pressures as to why there has been this increase in women wanting to get it done.
Speaker 3: And it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: It's like the most rapidly increasing plastic surgery that is happening at the moment, as in, like the most increase in requested plastic surgery, and it unpacks the reasons why that's happening in young people, like why women feeling insecure around their labiers, what are the reasons why women are asking for it now?
Speaker 3: And also what has.
Speaker 2: Been the impact from the porn industry in terms of how we view our bodies and the expectation for our bodies to look certain way. There seems to be a bit of a movement at the moment talking about labya plasty, and.
Speaker 3: We just want to say that Laura's labia got it first.
Speaker 2: I just want to say we've been talking about it for years, okay, But I think that there's two reasons why people discuss this. One is because maybe after childbirth, things or not even maybe things are just like gravity's taking a hole, guys, boomer, but maybe things are not what they used to be. And it's a functionally impacts your life, right, that's an actual thing. Some people have labiers that are uncomfortable because of length or size or whatever.
Speaker 1: But then for us it's also like it's a bit of an oh ands thing, like sometimes we trip over yours at work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, so we do. Yeah, we need to like I've got a particulation of a tax deduction.
Speaker 1: Now I've got to use double sided sticky tape to sticking it back inside myself. Otherwise it's just like they're coming out the bottoms of my jeans.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Fuck, So one day when I do get my labia plasty, you just know it's not because they want to look like a Barbie doll.
Speaker 3: It's just because I don't want to trip your stuff. I don't want my laby to hang in the toilet bot when I got to something, I don't want to go too far. I don't want the splash back.
Speaker 1: Well, you could pull it over like a wind catcher, like you're blown away like a kite surf.
Speaker 3: You could go klidesurfing like you're parachuting, and I can hold them out, sugar child.
Speaker 4: I will say though, that you guys had such a good conversation with Ellie from Comfortable in my Skin, who chose not to have a laby a plassy, And I think that if we're going to talk about, you know, the reasons people want them, we should also talk about the reasons that people shouldn't get them or have decided that they don't want them.
Speaker 2: So we'll also yeah, absolutely. That episode is amazing. That episode with Ellie was a couple of years ago now. But also I want to be very clear. I know we joke about it a lot, and there will probably come a time where I do get it done and I have that conversation with you all. But I also know that there are a lot of people who have had it and regretted it because they weren't specific enough around how much they wanted taken off or how they wanted it to be, and so therefore it became purely about aesthetics and not about function.
Speaker 3: And you need lair beers. They are important.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who falls into that category. Yeah, I don't want the less pleasure in sex now.
Speaker 3: I don't want it all gone. I just want to just want to nip and duck.
Speaker 1: Just want I just want half, just want half of aba on each side.
Speaker 3: Just did a little trim jim.
Speaker 1: Anyway, maybe if I have another third child, then I'll have it done.
Speaker 3: Don't think it done before, Yeah no, don't get it done before you're going to birth. God knows what's gonna happen. Slip and slide for the baby to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could just straightens arms out.
Speaker 3: Clara La La Laura.
Speaker 1: Byozer and Hammock to bar just streaking up on one side. The kid sits in it hangs a close up pick. Akay, that's enough, Keisha. Do you have any other? I do?
Speaker 4: And it's gonna sound so serious and boring after that demonstration. Sorry, guys, I have a new podcast that I'm really starting to just turn through. It is called search Engine and it was named the best podcast of twenty twenty three by Vulture, Time, The Economist, and Vogue.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's life on card, isn't that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Apparently not I no editor's mistake. They're only human.
Speaker 4: So this particular episode, it will probably only be interesting to statistically about seven percent of you.
Speaker 3: The episode that I started on.
Speaker 4: I was sent this by a friend who said that I'd be really interested in it, and it's part one. It's called why Do I Take Speed? For twenty Years? There is also a part two, and so what's quite interesting about it is that the host of the podcast has ADHD and was on prescription stimulants for twenty years. He is now not on those stimulants, and I think he kind of regrets being on medication for that long I mean, We've spoken a million times about the fact that I'm diagnosed and medicated on ADHD medications. Also, I have to be kind of careful of what I say because the TGA in Australia has really strict regulations on talking about prescription medications. You know, we're spoken about that more recently with Bota and with Litfeller, but it also applies to this. So this episode was all about the history of where stimulant medication came from. I think this would be interesting for anyone who is potentially either thinking about currently taking or maybe has a kid who is thinking about going on stimulant medication for ADHD. This is like a real critical analysis of the medications and their impacts on different things like diet, culture, on depression, currently what it's being used for for narcolepsy and ADHD.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 4: And I think it's quite interesting that I am recommending this because part one of this podcast it's such a critical analysis of stimulant medication that it almost feels in opposition to my current beliefs. But I think when you're going through the process of being diagnosed and if you're thinking about taking a medication, like that. It's really good to have all of the tools. It's good to have all of the education so that you can make an informed decision for yourself. I'm still on the medication. I still will be. I don't mind if I take it for twenty years. Like this guy seemed to not have liked, but I really enjoyed educating myself more with like the history of it and the potential impacts that I might face in the future.
Speaker 2: And also I think it's good to like not be in an echo chamber of your own things like nice to hear what other people's experiences have been and then see how you feel and how you relate or don't relate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: And part two is from someone else's perspective, a woman who found medication later in life, which is a story that we hear a lot.
Speaker 3: A lot of women are diagnosed later in life.
Speaker 4: Because of the way that ADHD was viewed back in the day, and her perspective aligns a lot more with mine.
Speaker 3: So, like you said, Las, I don't want to end up in an echo chamber. I think that it was such a fascinating episode.
Speaker 4: It sounds as though it's going to be quite heavy and hard to get through, but the way it was.
Speaker 3: Produced it kind of reminded me a little bit of Cereal.
Speaker 4: Remember the podcast that everyone started on, how like it had this relatively heavy information, but they delivered it in such an engaging way. I absolutely churned through it. So yeah, it's called search Engine. They cover all different topics, really really interesting ones. This particular one is called why I take speed for twenty years and links for everything will be in the.
Speaker 3: Show notes except for red Wine fantas, except I really like that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into the questions.
Speaker 2: Question number one is it rude to leave a wedding before the bride and groom. I have always thought that you're not supposed to leave a wedding before the couple. But recently I went to a wedding and heaps of people were leaving early. And now I'm wondering, well, am I in the wrong for thinking this? Or is this just a very old notion or a wives tale? And you can kind of do whatever you want?
Speaker 3: Help?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think this one comes with some caveats, like I don't think this is a black and white answer. Generally speaking, I want to say, no, you shouldn't leave before the bride and the groom. However, that is based on the fact that in Australia most wedding venues most have like a timeframe of ten ten thirty, like it's quite early.
Speaker 3: It's early, it's really suck it up, stay until ten thirty.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent if you have gone to one of these very rare weddings where they've hired a property or a farm or something where you're allowed to party all night and they're still partying at five am, then one hundred percent go home whenever.
Speaker 3: But I would go so far as to.
Speaker 1: Say it is rude for you if it's a normal wedding that is ten ten thirty eleven max. It is rude for you to go before the bride and the groom because weddings are pretty jam packed, right.
Speaker 3: Chances are you've only probably.
Speaker 1: Just finished eating, just finished the speeches. You probably have an hour of dancing, and then you're going to go home.
Speaker 3: Is their day.
Speaker 1: Nothing's more important in the next half an hour, like you can lose half an hour sleep.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I feel more passionate about this because I mean I had my wedding year and a half ago now, and you're right brit there is almost effing no venues in Australia. They'd let you go past ten thirty like that actually crazy. So our wedding ten thirty, The buses were there, it was wrapping up. I think it started at maybe three o'clock. Now I get it. That's a long day. There's a couple of exceptions. If you get so drunk that you can't stand, go home. I don't want you at my wedding. If you're pregnant and your feet hurt, go home. If you're elderly, you're.
Speaker 1: Going to hook up with someone on the dance floor and you can't possibly wait because the luss is there, go home.
Speaker 3: Don't give them a blow job in the toilets. No wedding, go home.
Speaker 2: It's like, there are a couple of exceptions, but I would say overwhelmingly the rule is if you're just a bit bored and you're a bit tired. I think that this is one of those This is one of those times in life where normally we would say have boundaries, but this is one very specific time where you're there to celebrate someone else.
Speaker 3: It actually isn't about you.
Speaker 2: So if there is an absolute reason why you can't make it to ten thirty, then I get it. But the vibe doesn't just come to you. The wedding just doesn't happen for you. You've got to also show up to the wedding and have a great time and like dance and do stuff that makes it fun for everyone.
Speaker 3: Think of it.
Speaker 1: If you were like doing a speech, like a Ted talk, and they were like three hundred people in the audience, and then in the middle of talking, you saw a couple of people stand up and walk out and sneak out, and you saw a few more people go, how would you feel.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, oh my god, that's mortifying. That sucks. I can't believe they're leaving had a bad wedding.
Speaker 1: Then you see all these holes in the audience. There's not that many people anymore. It's the same thing, like the bride in the groom are going to see you fucking leave. It's not a rave with twenty five thousand people. And I just think it sucks. I think suck it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, live your life. Don't really think you don't want to do except at your best friend's wedding. I agree.
Speaker 2: And also, all weddings are different, right, they're all cut from a different cloth. Some weddings are so fun. Some weddings the speeches go for way too long and they're a bit boring and they're not as fun.
Speaker 3: I totally understand that, and everyone does PowerPoint presentations for the speeches.
Speaker 2: Like me.
Speaker 3: Some people do, And some people's weddings are boring. And I've been to a boring wedding.
Speaker 2: But I think even if the speeches go for too long, and even if the wedding is boring, it's not about you. As soon as those speeches are done, as soon as that dance floor kicks off, just get up, even if you don't really want to dance, get up and give it a crack, because sometimes it finds you sometimes, like the spirit of like getting into it will find.
Speaker 3: You, and I finds you.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing worse than when it's your wedding. And I've been to a few of them where people just won't get up onto the dance floor and it's like, come on, guys, like you will have fun if you choose to have fun here, but people.
Speaker 3: Just some fun is a choice. Fun is a choice. Fun is not a band aid, but it is a choice. Yes, it's not your day. You're not your day.
Speaker 1: You are there to enjoy someone else's day and make it the best day of their life.
Speaker 3: So I agree to do that. I like that.
Speaker 2: We felt very passionately about that. Some people might disagree on that one.
Speaker 1: I'm putting security at my wedding so people can't leave that is trying to get out. She's like, I sit your ass down.
Speaker 2: Like staying there to the door. It's like red taped until ten thirty pm. The bus is not coming.
Speaker 1: You have in the middle of the field and people have to run across if they want to leave you.
Speaker 3: I've got like my nanna on a chain, change to the table. She can't. She's got like a four meter radius.
Speaker 2: That's our joke about So Matt's mum's back from her holiday at the moment as you guys, oh, I mean, if you've been listening for long enough, you know, like Matts mum moved in with us. We have this joke that we've got her tied up under the basement because we don't want it to ever leave.
Speaker 1: We're like, bring her out. We wanted to clean the house. She just let her out. Let anyone see you now that we need a babysitter and we needed to clean the house.
Speaker 3: Come on out, Come on out, Ellie houch. Come did you just grab a food? I sued under the door. No, we love her. We take care of Ellie's room in the house. Room question number three. A guy I was.
Speaker 2: Dating for him this is so funny for a month ghosted me two months ago, and I didn't bother to follow up because well, we both kind of knew that we didn't like each other enough. He was really hot, though, so I wouldn't have minded having something casual. Fast forward two months to now and he's decided to call me randomly out of the blue, And when I asked his reason for calling, he said that he's been reflecting and he felt really bad that he ghosted me, and he wanted to formally tell me that he didn't think we were compatible.
Speaker 3: He then went into the aha, all right, Trevor.
Speaker 2: He then went into the reasons why we wouldn't work out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's worse.
Speaker 1: Being ghosted or having a ghost pop back up to tell you why he ghosted you.
Speaker 3: I had a little hope that he wanted to try dating again.
Speaker 1: That he literally just doubled down on why he thought we wouldn't work out any thoughts on what's worse the fucking hell.
Speaker 3: I actually don't know. There's part of me that at least you've got your closure.
Speaker 1: There's part of me that sort of respects it a little bit, like like we've all said, ghosting is so shitty, Like there's nothing worse. But it's a very clear message that I'm not interested because like I've wiped you from my mind, from my life, to my Instagram, the carrier pigeon. I'm not sending that anymore, Like you don't exist anymore. There's no clearer message than a ghost, right, which I think is so funny because most of the time people go, I just haven't had closure because I got ghosted.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's as much closure as you ever need.
Speaker 1: The door doesn't close anymore, so much chat like this shit is closed. But then there's a part of me that's like, Okay, maybe this is a turning point for this man, and maybe you're prepping him to go out into the wor for other women.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's had a conversation with.
Speaker 1: A friend, maybe someone's ghosted him, maybe he's listened to Lifelin cut. I don't know, but he's had a realization for whatever reason, that what he did was shit.
Speaker 3: So is I think he's done the right thing? He's like, do you know what? She was actually great?
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna let her know why I did what I did and why it's not gonna work out.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 1: So I understand that you feel really shit, but in a way, in a way, you are leaving the world in a better place because you're making this man better for a woman moving forward. I mean, no one needs to double down, but no one wants to be the test dummy though, Like no one wants to be the one that like springboards someone to be a better man. I actually interpret this and like, maybe this will make you feel better about yourself. I think that this is the hallmark of someone who has an inflated sense of their own ego. Like I'm like, you think you are so important, you think that I have spent two months pining over the fact that you stopped talking to me.
Speaker 3: You even said to yourself too months. I didn't even hear this two months, he said.
Speaker 2: I didn't bother following up because we both kind of knew that we didn't like each other enough.
Speaker 3: Like you also don't like this guy. You know you don't like this guy. You dated him for half of the time.
Speaker 1: That he ghosted you, and then he had the audacity to call you two months later and be like, I'm so I know that you're soberreft. I know you haven't been able to move on, and I've thought about my actions and I just want to let you know that it's you and not me. I've also sent you some clean next to your house because you're probably crying.
Speaker 3: That is actually so funny, like two months of silence.
Speaker 1: Thought he could actually also be paper clipping you or bread crumbing you like paper clipping.
Speaker 3: I don't want brag. It's a new term. I just dropped in them. Wow, I never heard that, and I was really impressed. Thank you. Paper clipping it's.
Speaker 1: A dumb term anyway, but it just basically means that, like it's the same as every other term, but it's just you. It just pops back in to let you know he's a good guy and he's still there in case he changes his mind in another two months, Like the two months goes past and he wants to come back and be like, do you know what, Maybe I was wrong, Maybe we should pick it back up. You can't do that if you've ghosted. But if you've been respectable and you're like, hey, like you are great, it's just that, like, I'm just not convinced it's going to work out in two months. If he then comes back and he goes, do you know what I've been thinking? Like, maybe we can give it a go, you'd be like.
Speaker 3: Fuck, yeah, come on over.
Speaker 1: But if there wasn't that in between, and there was just a ghosting, I mean, this is what I would do. I would be more inclined. Prince calls someone, I'm really so sorry.
Speaker 3: I just wanted you to know that. Actually I've been thinking about it. I don't think we should date anymore.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, if I was the girl, if someone had ghosted me and came back months later, I'd been like, yeah, you know what, let's get another go.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, no, you're a dick, I haven't heard from you.
Speaker 1: But if they respectfully came back to say hey, I realized what I did wasn't right. If they then came back to meet up, I'd be like, yeah, because you were so good about it a couple of months ago.
Speaker 3: So I feel like he's covered his basis.
Speaker 2: But fuck that, Britt, you were such an amber flag just saying you're like, I know that what he's done is wrong.
Speaker 3: I know that he's wearing today. I've a giant pink flag. You're a giant pink flag.
Speaker 2: I genuinely I read this, and I think this guy has such a big ego. But I also think that you are letting ego get in the way as well, because you've literally said you didn't care because you knew you weren't right for each other. But then when he popped back up and he like you know, called you again, you said that you kind of had a little bit of hope that maybe he wanted to try dating again. You don't like this guy, You actually don't want to date him again, but you want him to want you. That's all that is. Like you want him to have not taken the decision away from you.
Speaker 3: And I get it. We all want to feel like we're the one who gets to make the pick.
Speaker 2: But in this instance, I would just say, like, Okay, thanks for the call, Please don't call me a game we.
Speaker 1: Call send a text, Like if you're just doubling down on why you don't want to date someone.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be a physical phone call.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, so I agree with that, But the other thing I kind of want to like just move this question into another sort of camp. So apologies, right, I know that, Like, it's really great when people apologize for the things that they've done to hurt you. That is a really important and step in healing. However, sometimes apologies are actually not for the person who has been hurt. Sometimes apologies are for the person who did the hurting so that they are able to move forward. But sometimes I think even with this sort of this sort of situation, he's apologizing or he's like trying to make good with you, actually isn't for you at all.
Speaker 3: It's so that he can clear his conscience.
Speaker 2: And I would say, if that's the reason why you're apologizing to someone, if it's got nothing to do with them and that's one hundred percent about you, does it do damage by calling and giving that apology? Are you going to leave them in a worse place by bringing up something that they don't want to think about and they've moved on from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to be clear, he didn't apologize, He just want to tell them why it wasn't going to work.
Speaker 3: I know, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question does a question on everyone's lips their butt lips?
Speaker 3: That is I don't know how I feel about this question. My friend and I are having a serious.
Speaker 2: Debate that is debatable. The fact you think this is serious, It's definitely questionable.
Speaker 3: Very serious. I would put this into the series category one. I want to know how you do it.
Speaker 1: My friend and I having a serious debate about how to wipe your butt.
Speaker 3: We've settled that we're both toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Folders and not scrunches, but we wipe our poops very differently.
Speaker 3: Please help.
Speaker 1: Do you A sit on the toilet, reach underneath between your legs and wipe that way? Or do you B sit on the toilet, reach around the back and wipe from that angle?
Speaker 3: Or C do you stand up and wipe?
Speaker 1: She says that she's option B, the other girl is Option A, and they both think they are absolutely crazy.
Speaker 3: This is irrelevant, she says. Occasionally I go for option see where she stands, but that's fucked.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the day that I realized my ex boyfriend was a standard and it really changed everything for me.
Speaker 3: Why do you think why men's stand men's stand your feelings about this, because you were like, you don't know how you feel.
Speaker 2: I'm a scruncher firstly, straight out scrunch and I'm a which is okay, And I know what people are to say because people like you have to whip from front to back because or you do have to wipe from front back obviously, but you can do it. You don't have to do it from the back. You can do it front from back. But from the between, God.
Speaker 1: Do you between the Do you wipe from the front from the front, do you come for a poo anteriorly?
Speaker 3: Do you not tell my vagina? No, but you enter the front? Yeah? And then do you wipe from the front to back?
Speaker 1: Or do you wipe from the back to front and from the front of back just shy of the vagina from front to back?
Speaker 3: I never, nothing's going I et nothing going in that the front and go like this back. That is a you cooked woman? What do you do? Not that? Where do you go? I do it?
Speaker 1: How everyone is supposed to wipe their butt from behind? It's not and you always this is actually imperative. This is like medically backed science. You have to wipe from the front.
Speaker 3: To the back. Yeah, I do wipe from the front of the back. Of course.
Speaker 1: Now I'm telling this girl, the girl that thinks it's okay to wipe from the back to the.
Speaker 3: Frontwise you're gonna wipe. No, you get infections poop into your front parts. Yeah, but that's not just like, oh my god, funny.
Speaker 1: I think can actually get very unwell and get infections from it.
Speaker 3: One hundred.
Speaker 2: But I think some people wipe from the back to the front and stop shy.
Speaker 3: I think some people do that as well. Yeah, you shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the medically backed device here at Life on Card.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me. We don't give you our due diligence. You have to.
Speaker 1: Wipe from front to back, front to back. You learn that in primary school?
Speaker 3: Well then where did you like? I'm still from front to back.
Speaker 1: It's not even natural, my but gets I find that that's so annoyed.
Speaker 3: Now showing the front one, I'm sitting on a closed seat. I can't get in. There is no there's a hole. Show me what you do? Just go from front to back.
Speaker 2: You push it and then I got it around and just go one wipe at the back. Anyways, but then you go around the back any just for the last, just for the very last wipe.
Speaker 3: So then why don't you commit to the bat because I think you gotta.
Speaker 1: You gotta make sure that you're getting it from both sides, no all angles.
Speaker 3: Oh actually, am Sukar.
Speaker 2: Look, guys, don't feel shamed about how you wipe your ass shamed?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, Laura, We're not playing to everyone here. There are ways to do things in life, and I'm sorry I'm shaming you.
Speaker 3: If you wipe from the back to the front, I'm going to say no, you're wrong, You're wrong. Yeah, and you are risking your life.
Speaker 2: You're not risking your life, You're just risking your bit of Yeah downstairs hygiene.
Speaker 3: No proper infection. They can travel up your urotus to your kidneys. Drama. Drama, drama. That's it from Oscar.
Speaker 1: If you have a question for ask gun cart or if you do wipe your ass in an unusual way, just right on in to at Life on cut podcasts on Instagram.
Speaker 3: You can Why are we going to pull the butting? People are too shamed.
Speaker 2: People who do it the wrong way are too scared to admit that they do it the wrong People don't even want to admit that they stand, but I didn't get to finish what I was saying. The reason why guys stand is because they've got their balls in the way, so they can't go through the front, so they have to stand.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter as much for men. It also scientifical, scientifical, also science, it's in a medical journal. It actually doesn't matter as much for the men because they don't have such sensitive openings and orifices that literally are a train track up into your internal organs. That's what a woman has. The man has the urethra at the end of their penis, which is so far away from the bushole.
Speaker 2: I think it's a location, not the sensitivity of the opening.
Speaker 3: But I all right, look, let's just you can't compare a penis willie to a vagina. Okay, we should have got that is a technical term, a penis really.
Speaker 1: I like that you're okay with saying vagina, but you have to call it a penis really, well, male urethra. Thank you happy, Yes, you cannot compare the uretra of a male.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it when you use more scientific terms. Okay.
Speaker 2: Also, we will be back in two weeks time. Refreshed and raring and ready to go. I'll fly on in here with my wings. And in the meantime, if you go.
Speaker 3: No one got that I did hear with my labs.
Speaker 1: And in the meantime, if you do miss the podcast or Laura's labiers, you can get more of us on YouTube. So for the next two weeks you want to watch a little bit more Laura's Lavier. To be clear, he's not on YouTube. It's not only fans though, if you want to check that, he's also not on avance, let's not have that as a headline there. But you can go onto YouTube Life on Cut Podcasts. It is actually so fun on there. Like I just went back on there and had a field day last night with Ben, showing Ben a lot of the videos, and.
Speaker 3: I was really proud of it. I was like, this is such a fun little place to be. It's so nice to look back at all the beads in the moments that we have. It's also very different.
Speaker 1: Listening to the podcast and then watching it are two very different experiences. You really kind of get in and round and surrounded by us in the video format. So if you haven't subscribed yet to YouTube, go and do that.
Speaker 3: You're in for a treat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my Engage, the whole engagement episode is on there that Ben makes the appearance, so if you ever wanted to see a little bit more of band and what he is like, it's just a really great little episode.
Speaker 3: So while you're viewing it, also hit subscribe.
Speaker 1: That'd be great, and keep sending in your accidently unfiltered In the meantimes you ask gun Cuts all to life un Cut podcast Instagram, and we're going to be back in two weeks time.
Speaker 3: And I think we're gonna miss you guys. We will miss you guys.
Speaker 1: That's it from us. So you mum tea, dad tea, Doug tea friends and share the love.
Speaker 3: We love. Sorry, we love love and holiday. I love holiday.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to fuck my holiday. Sorry, I'll be a head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Bye,