Speaker 1: Come on, oh Thursday, Hello, Hello, Hello, Okay, the most embarrassing thing happened to me, and I need to get off my chest immediately.
Speaker 2: Oh god, what happened? Because every day sort of there's an embarrassing moment in my life.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do live an embarrassing life, don't.
Speaker 4: So I've been.
Speaker 5: Unwell for quite a while, like flues back to back, and then I had this my skin cancer face peel thing, and then I got the flu again. And anyway, I finally went back to the gym for the first time in like months, and I was on the way this morning, and I was on the way, I grabbed my water bottle and my gym bag, and then I grabbed my sweattowel, like the gym towel.
Speaker 3: Out of the dry because I'd freshly cleaned and dried them.
Speaker 5: So I get to the gym and it's a circuit class like moving around the class, and I got to the middle circuit, so I'm smack bang in the middle of the class and it was apps what you have to lay down on a mat on the ground, so I hadn't needed to use my towel yet, and so this happened like slow motion in the middle of the class. I flipped my towel out like you're at the beach, you know, to lay it down, and in slow motion my underpants flung a class of the room. My undes had been wrapped up in a hit gym guy in the back of the head.
Speaker 4: It was all very dramatic.
Speaker 3: At least they were clean, well I hope they were.
Speaker 5: At least they'd dry they came out of the dryer, but they obviously got tangled up in the towel.
Speaker 3: I took them in anyway. I flung someone in the head at the gym, and I couldn't even pretend it wasn't me. Everyone just looked at me, and you.
Speaker 4: Have to run and go and get them.
Speaker 2: I filmed it.
Speaker 5: I actually I was like, well, what better point than to take a bit of parties on the ground. But it was very mortifying, so I think I've got to give it some time before I can go back again.
Speaker 2: But they're men in the class because that could act in the same way as like a pre workout. If that landed on their face, that could really get them go. The difference structure was.
Speaker 5: Like it was an air locker, which is this big jacked up like fit yes.
Speaker 3: Footballer or something, and I swipped him in the face with Mondays.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait to see tomorrow Britt, the next day, the next day and the next day.
Speaker 6: All right, we have a great show coming up. We are speaking to someone. We've got an ask on Cut. It's one of our favorites. Yes, and it is a woman who is getting married in six weeks, but she doesn't know if she's in love with her fiance.
Speaker 3: Minor technicality.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's getting married in six weeks.
Speaker 4: Small minor issue and she needs some help.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll give her our best advice. Next on the Pickup around Australia or thanks to Chemist's Warehouse heading today great savings every day. It's the pickup across the country Thursday afternoon, Britt, Laura and Mitch right now get half priced big brand vitamins and cosmetics at chemist Warehouse. Terms and conditions apply. Let's do this ask uncut.
Speaker 5: Ask un cutting, something we do on Life on Cut podcasts and something we've been accustomed to doing every Thursday here at the Pickup, and we have a brilliant one today. We have a real cool from a listener, Rachel let's cold in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're ready to give some advice unsolicited.
Speaker 6: Well no itelic, she's list as it's inexperienced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a problem here. It might not be good advice. Rachel. Hi, what do you need?
Speaker 7: Hi? Guys? How are you going?
Speaker 4: Hiat a problem?
Speaker 3: Rachel?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm getting married in six weeks time, and I've been with my partner for ten years and I am starting to think that I've made a mistake and I don't think I love him anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, wait, wait, keep going. Is there more to this or.
Speaker 7: Is that No? Literally, it's just like we've been together for a decade. You know, we have the house, we have a dog, we have you know, I thought, I genuinely thought that this was going to be my forever guy, and I'm just currently I think I don't know whether it's cold feet, but yeah, I really just like I don't know if I should go through with it, and I would love some advice.
Speaker 4: How long have you been feeling like this for?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: How for how long have you been kind of thinking that maybe there's just like that you're not in love with him?
Speaker 7: I would say, like the last month it's come on, very very fast, and yeah, just now the countdown is on to the wedding, and I'm so yeah, I just I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: I mean, to me, I think it's kind of peculiar that you've only started to feel like this in the last month. I think if you've had a decade of strong feelings and like being in love and wanting to get married, there's part of me that thinks, like, are you sure that this isn't just cold feet, that it isn't the finality of getting married that's making you think, Oh God, is this too much?
Speaker 4: You know? Is is this too much commitment? Are we making the right decisions? I don't know. It's pretty odd to have such a severe flip after in a.
Speaker 3: Month, Rachel, I've got here.
Speaker 5: Our producer Flip has passed us some notes that she spoke to you before you've phoned through. You said that you just feel bored like an old married couple and you don't have much sex anymore, only once a month. I feel like there must be something a bit more deep seated in you, because the things like only having sex once a month is something that you definitely can work on as a couple.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely agree. I was talking to my friend about this because she recently got married and they were just, you know, she didn't have any doubts whatsoever, which is I think why I'm now just maybe overthinking it, but yeah, you know, she just was so excited for her wedding and I just don't have that feeling. And I'm like, I feel like I should have that feeling.
Speaker 2: Well not everyone's comfortable admitting they have that feeling, so you never know if that's the truth that she's actually telling you. But Rachel, when you look at him, are the issues and the lack of love to do with personal things that he's doing? Like is he not chilling with his mouth closed? Or is it just because of your stuff? Yeah? The big hard hit is in a relationship? Or is it because you're so close to the actual wedding and you think it's maybe nerves there, like, wells, where's that feeling coming from?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I just look at him and I don't feel the same as I once did, and it's just happens so fast, and I have I've personally been trying to work on, you know, me getting that connection back, because obviously I haven't told him anything. But yeah, like, no matter what I do personally, I just I can't seem to hate the word. But like, get that spark.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know if you're ever going to get the same level of spark as what you maybe had at the beginning of a relationship, because we all know relationships have different ebbs and flows, and you know, you go through like immense desire at the start of a relationship, and then the longer you've been together, the harder it is to maintain that desire. I think that there is an element of normal being anxious heading towards your wedding. But should you be terrified or should you feel like it's a bad decision? I think that they are some pretty massive red flags. I wouldn't be recommending anyone to go ahead getting married if if overwhelmingly you feel like it's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Good luck Rae with wherever your land and tell us.
Speaker 4: I think we need to follow up on this one.
Speaker 7: I'll keep you updated, okay, so much?
Speaker 2: Right? All right? If you need some advice like that a pickup on Instagram, send us a DM and we'll have you on the show.
Speaker 4: What would you guys do?
Speaker 2: Oh? She's doing. She needs to leave him. Yeah, it's true, she needs to leave him. She's got that feeling she needs to go. Sorry, it'll do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think, Yeah, I don't know if I'm getting married another Why to come.
Speaker 2: All right after this? Laura, goodness me, you've had a poo incident?
Speaker 4: No way, haven't I had?
Speaker 2: Best?
Speaker 6: Look, I had something very embarrassing happened to me in a public toilet that may or may not have to do with pooh. But that's not the crux of the story meage anyway, You'll just have to stick around and find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a poo incident.
Speaker 3: I think that was a po incident.
Speaker 2: And I will discuss Laura's massive issue next at the pickup. It's the pickup Thursday, Britt, Laura and Mitch here right now, get half priced big brand vitamins and cosmetics at chemist Warehouse. Terms and conditions apply.
Speaker 6: I've had something very, very embarrassing happened to me this week, but it has to do with Molly may So. We were at the shopping center and like Marley's very good now she's very toilet trained. I've got a three and a half year old, I got a two year old. Both of them are exceptional at toilet training, and so you know, it doesn't matter where you are.
Speaker 4: It's like mummy, you can go to the potty.
Speaker 6: So, you know, especially when you're in a shopping center, off you go trying to find the closest because as much as they're good at it, you don't have a lot of time, right, So anyway, going through the shopping center, find the closest public toilets. The only one I knew was at the other end of the shopping center, so we you know, high tailor, and we get there and there's a bit of a line. We have to wait. Anyway, it's our turn. We go into the cubicle. Now it is a long cubicle, and I have both the kids in the cubicle with me. I've got Lola Marley and we kind of all take turns. Marley goes first down to the toilet.
Speaker 4: So then you want, you know, you wite one, then the next one.
Speaker 2: Needs to go and one singular cubicle.
Speaker 6: But it's a really long cubicle, so there's plenty of space.
Speaker 2: The corner suite, you know how the really good corner cubicle you can doin es first class.
Speaker 6: Yes, it really was. It's the big one. The door is quite far away from the toilet as well, which is guys.
Speaker 3: You know those big ones are usually disabled toilet, right, you know it's not.
Speaker 6: The first class. This one isn't disabled. It's not because it doesn't have any rails on it. It's just really long because of the way of the orientation of this bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's at the far.
Speaker 6: End right, but the toilet is long, but the door faces the line.
Speaker 2: So she's business class in the toilet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the premium seats the public toilets. So anyway, Marley goes. First, Mum, wipe my balm. Then it's Lola, Mom, wipe my mom, do it all. I do the whole job, and then I needed to go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: So your barth.
Speaker 4: I'm still waiting.
Speaker 6: Well, so anyway, the kids have finished, I go to the toilet. I'm halfway through going to the toilet.
Speaker 3: You eating a pool must be it must be number two.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, details are not important, But anyway, Marley decides that she's had enough of waiting and she just walks over to the door and opens it.
Speaker 4: My pants are down around my waist mid the turd. I couldn't get up, couldn't each the door, couldn't stop. I was like, Marley stopped, Molly, Marley stopped, Marley, don't open that door.
Speaker 6: And she slings it, flings it right open, and there's a line of people standing right in front of me. Two kids just high taylor out to the basin to go wash their hands, and this poor lady makes eye contact with me, walks over, and then goes, oh, I'll help you.
Speaker 4: But you could tell in her mind she was.
Speaker 3: Finally like God please.
Speaker 6: You could tell by the fear in her eyes that she didn't know whether to like help me by looking after the children or to help me by like closing the door and helping me with my dignity. Anyway, she grabs the door and she holds the door shut, and I can just hear the kids out in the bathroom, and she's.
Speaker 4: Like, don't worry, I've got my eye on them. While she's holding the door.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I made eye contact with a complete stranger while doing a.
Speaker 5: Poop, and then you had to finish the poop while she was holding the door.
Speaker 4: I rushed, I rushed, I'm finished it. Anyway, children still.
Speaker 2: Really they do dirty that good, Samaron, if you're listening, we'll give you ten thousand dollars going through that process. Can we can we give her that money.
Speaker 3: Giving away money?
Speaker 6: We have no money and we're not giving any money away. But I do give you my greatest thanks, and to everybody else who was in that line. There was about five people, and everyone pretended that they didn't see, but you all saw.
Speaker 4: And I'm surprised it hasn't come out in Daily Mail yet.
Speaker 2: So good. Okay. We all have a monster in law, right, a mother in law that we hate or we've heard story. You're the exception to the.
Speaker 4: Rule mother in laws. I don't know heaven.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a mother in law in the in the States that has come up with a plan that is completely backfired and ended up with her family hating her. Huge. That's next on the pick up. It's the pickuprit Laura and Mitch. Here, I listen. If you want to go to Chemists ware house heading today. They got great savings every day. We all have heard that. It's a tailor as old as time. Really, the monster in law story, your mother in law. You're marrying to a family and the mother in law is a true monster.
Speaker 6: I feel like mother in law's get a bad rap. I've got a really, really good one, and I expect it that they're all terrible.
Speaker 4: But Angel sent from the heavens.
Speaker 2: You're the exception to the rule. Because a mother in the US has caused a real stir for her family and it's backfired massively on her. So what she's done is her son is happily married to a beautiful woman. They've got a beautiful baby together. And as this baby's grown up, it's about three or four. Now, the baby has developed these striking green eyes, and the mother in law's gone. Isn't that odd because no one in this family has striking green eyes? Daughter in law, you are a cheaterh She believes that the daughter in law cheated on her son and was unfaithful and had this baby to someone else.
Speaker 6: Because green eyes are genetic, right, someone has to have green eyes.
Speaker 4: But you can't just have a spontaneous green eyed kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, in order for it to come out, someone in the family has to have had green eyes. Yes, Laura, Yeah, you've seen the tree. Here is where it gets interesting. The daughter in law was so fed up with this waffling on from the mother in law that she said, screw it, I'm getting a DNA test done. I'm doing ancestry dot com. I am proving that I have been faithful the entire relationship. So she does, and it comes back that the child is in fact her child with the husband. But what comes back that no one expected was that the mother in law was the original cheater all along. And the reason the baby has green eyes is because the mother in law cheated and that the man's dad is not his actual father.
Speaker 5: Oh so she tried to out the daughter in law and outed herself in the process.
Speaker 2: Exactly what idiot. But the family haven't. They've posted this to Twitter and gone, what do we do? Do we bring it up? Do we confront our grandfather and our grandmother who really aren't she's been unfaithful to him? Or do we let it sit? I don't know. I think I'd leave it and let it go to the grave with him.
Speaker 4: Also, how many years has it been?
Speaker 2: Oh, they've been married for forty years and the son has just had a new baby, so he's in his thirties, so it's been thirty years since you cheated.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, you really don't want to blow up your entire family. But at the same time, his dad's not his dad?
Speaker 2: Or are you sid Brian?
Speaker 3: I'm really thinking this one through. Why I just wouldn'tant to blow the family easily.
Speaker 5: I would talk to the mom, but I wouldn't necessarily blow it up and tell the dad because by all other means, this man is the dad. He has raised him as a dad. We know dads don't need to be blood. He's spent his whole entire life raising him as a son. So I don't think that that's quite the right thing to go and say, like sucking, you're not my dad, Like that doesn't make sense because he's his dad.
Speaker 3: I would go and talk to the mom, for sure, but it's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: But imagine, Britt, imagine if you found out that old Tony Hockley wasn't actually your biological father. Would you go would you ever have a conversation with your dad or would you just go to your mom and be like, hey, remember that fun time you had him Barbados? Mom.
Speaker 5: No, that's why I just took so long to answer, because I was picturing it if it was my mum and dad and my dad, I could find out tomorrow my dad is not my dad, and my dad would still be my dad. I'm just so obsessed with him that anything you could tell me anything about my.
Speaker 4: Dad, I would you feel about your mum though, I'd be like, I hope you're.
Speaker 2: But imagine having striking green eyes and then they're being like a friend of your mum that also had striking green eyes, Gary, Uncle Gary, and you just turn up to Christmas. Isn't it odd that I have the exact same birthmark on my neck and striking green eyes that mum's best friend Gary?
Speaker 4: Has I know.
Speaker 3: Someone that that exact same thing happened to? It wasn't Uncle Gary's called Trent the same thing.
Speaker 2: That's calling Trent through. Let's call Trent through. He's got some powerful sparm. Let's give it away. All right, we're done, Let's get Addie. I. Have you missed any of the show today. You can podcast it all on iHeartRadio. Just search the pickup. You'll get it all there for free. Will and Wood. You're up next. We'll see you tomorrow, see guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah,