Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Patsy, Morning, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 3: Morning guys.
Speaker 2: Now, before we get into today's show, and we've been off for a little Easter break, I probably, like everyone over the last two days, have sort of spent a lot of time, most of our time talking about what happens Saturday afternoon in Bondi and the tragedy there. How are you guys feeling about it all, Patsy.
Speaker 4: To be honest, I still feel a bit numb. I feel that I've seen in news far too many of these things. And I think there's two things that resonate. The first one is Ashgod, the mum. Yeah, I can't put myself in her position of having to throw your baby to strangers to save in the hope of saving their life. The whole thing is just so a boring and it happens so quickly. And I think the other thing is that, you know, it's just something we do every weekend. We go to the shopping center. That were just doing what you do on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a boring thing to go to a shopping center. Yesterday I was dropping my seventeen year old daughter off at Westfield, Southland, you know, And I couldn't help but think about when I was just there walking back after dropping her off there, walking through the shopping center. It's mums, it's dads, it's people shuffling around doing any things. And I couldn't help but think about what happened twenty four hours before that, and just how it still doesn't make you can't make any sense out of it. So it's so awful what happened. But I think the thing that's really important to remember today is actually Patsy and now, as a newsreader, you do report on atrocities that are happening every day around the world. Sadly actually in Australia, speaking of someone who worked in London, where there're been lots of different attacks over the years, way too many. Australia this is a safer country and you should remind yourself of that today. This is an isolated incident. It's not part of a pattern. It is an isolated incident with circumstances around it. What also happened on Saturday afternoon, And that's the really important thing I think that we all need to taken to our hearts today to try and put it into some other place. Is actually there were these stories that people who were doing their everyday thing Saturday afternoon and actually made a choice to do something really, really truly courageous that none of us will ever know. How you behave when you retest it like that, My wife and I you speculate, oh, I might have tried to do this, or and you saw those people, the guy with the is becoming a worldwide hero, and no, a bollard, guy who had a bollard who was stopping the attacker trying to get upstairs where there was a play area and young families were cowering. It's incredible what people did. It's you know, and you're right. Over the last two days, I'm sure every single parent you can't help but think about that doctor happened to hand her baby over pat her little baby, Heather, and she knows she's not going to make it. She's a doctor, but her instinctive thing as a fierce mother is to protect her child, which is what she's done, you know. And so today I think we remember that the loss there, we send our love to the beat. We've lost their lives and their families as well, but we also remember that you live in a world where there are so many good people, and there are more good people there than one evil, bad person doing what he did. There there's so much good as well to reminder that they are in the world. And it's a hard day today, And I know the last two days has been endless news coverage. We've all been talking about it, and I know I'd like to think that every parent, when you first found out Saturday afternoon what happened, you reach for your kids. I rang both my daughters, like where are you right now? They're like, and they were like, there was suspicious? Is everything okay? I just want to check in where they were. You want to hold them closer to your sounds, but they're out and about living their lives as they should be. But your instinct there is to fear and almost hold the ones that you care so much about close to you. So it is it's still unbelievable. You try to make sense out of it, because that's what we do as humans, and actually you can't. There's so much chaos there that we don't understand why someone would do such a thing like that and murder so many people. But today he's also a day where we celebrate the incredible everyday. I guess it's heroism of what those people did, you know, and that something that's the world we live in. That's the world I want to live in, and that's how I choose to do today's show. But it's a joyty back with you everyone.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're all feeling the change in the season. Oh yeah, it is colder. I can store a handle on an Australian winter better than the UK ones, which used to be just bleak, never ending. The sky seemed to be on top of your head. But even either morning when that alarm went off and after a nice sort of break, it's always it's always it's actually like an assault. Actually, like it was just an assault, like four point fifteen? What do I do now? Who can who wants to be funny? For fifteen? I was actually mildly irritated when the alarm was going on. What and it was a world going come on, mortgagee up, you go dance, Monkey dance, And it was so cold.
Speaker 3: It's so cold. Actually. One of the shames I think of doing the show with you is that you've been in London in it for so many years and done really properly cold winters so that we can't come in and complain about it. But I feel like you've been here.
Speaker 2: Yes, they would call me a winter pussy. Now back in the UK, I freeze. I freeze there. How I survived it, you know, but this morning it felt really cold.
Speaker 3: It's the return of hot water bottle weather for us, and that together we make it.
Speaker 2: You both have hot water boards. My wife has two. One she cuddles and then one she sort of puts between her easy her feet, her feet grow up her feet. I don't like them because it makes UN worried that if I put it on me, it's going to make me go peepy.
Speaker 3: I've not heard that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, but no, I don't think it's a common thing. It's just common to me. I'm whried that it feels like I've wet myself or something. You know, you got to be sifty one the other week. You've got to be careful now in this face up that I'm sort of moving into. Now, do you like a hot water wall part? I love what media on the little.
Speaker 4: Dinkyes, no, big one, and it's got its own special fluffy cover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got to have the o'connels have a special winter doner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got to be it's so we have a summer doner. The seasons are changing. Let's go and get the winter douner out. And that's a big old thick house one we brought from the UK.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just get like a woolen one and it's for all seasons. Then you don't have to change it. You know, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, No need to change.
Speaker 2: But surely you're doing is a doner?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Now what do you mean woolen one?
Speaker 4: Well, wool it's cool in the summer, so it's not too so.
Speaker 2: The center of it is filled with woolness. It's all wool, wool. They're filled with goose down, eider down, whatever it is. What's an eider by the way, I've got one that's filled with eider down.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I've got feathers. What have you got?
Speaker 2: Check?
Speaker 3: We went the synthetic one only because the lady.
Speaker 2: Thought I thought we were alive. Oh that's a clang it.
Speaker 4: I can't even look at you.
Speaker 6: Check.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is awkward.
Speaker 3: The girl in the shop actually I said, what do you recommend the synthetical or the goose?
Speaker 2: That's a week move as well. Once you start game Nino, she said.
Speaker 3: She really put me on the spot. She goes, I choose synthetic because I don't like to think of the goose getting plucked. It's like, well, I can't choose the goose one after because.
Speaker 2: It feels like I don't care about that goose get plucked.
Speaker 3: As long as I'm warm.
Speaker 2: You give me a bolled goose, it doesn't even bother me.
Speaker 5: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Play game called the one second Game where we go back to a year and I've got the big hits of that year, but just one second of each of the songs. We're going to go back to nineteen ninety one. This morning, sexiest man Alive was Patrick Swayze, Patsy was he ever? Sexiest woman Alive was l the Body McPherson. Terminator two was the biggest movie of the year. Silence of the Lambs won five oscars. Have you've seen Science of.
Speaker 3: I have creepy He is a powerful one word review. Also, I'll give you a cool.
Speaker 2: Fact away Cisco and Eba. Here aepy instant review.
Speaker 3: It's the shortest on screen time as the Best Oscar. Best Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins in Silence of Lambs wasn't twenty minutes of screen time?
Speaker 2: You are kidding? That is a great fact.
Speaker 4: It feels so dominant in the movie, doesn't he.
Speaker 2: You're right, he overshadows a whole movie, even when he's not there.
Speaker 3: Guy, would you say he was creepy?
Speaker 2: I agree absolutely. First ever website when online in nineteen ninety one. It contained information on how people could create their own web pages. The top five most viewed websites last month in Australia. What do you think his most viewed website in Australia Google's number one, YouTube, number two three, Facebook, four, Reddit and I'm not looking at you, Jet, but I am porn hubbers at number five.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, would guess the wind page.
Speaker 2: Stranded with Jimmy Barnes. That's my porn hub competition's being played right now. My friend told me they have that stuff like that on that site. Australia has, Oh Australia to get your grub on Australia has to seventh, hezed visitors to that website in the world. Really Australia is at number seven.
Speaker 3: Because we're not in population.
Speaker 2: You'll each fifty fifth in the world.
Speaker 3: But you're doing a lot of heavy lift.
Speaker 7: You are.
Speaker 2: You're putting away in something else on porn hub. I'll tell you that one word review if science lain street people no comment, okay. Also in nineteen ninety one, this was an incredible news story. You might have reported on this pant see. Twenty paintings were stolen from the Van Go Museum in Amsterdam. They got them about half an hour later, after the robber's got a flat tire. They must have been so high five and sad. This is the heist of the century. They're gonna make movies on what's that a flat Dave? I thought that was your job to saw the car out. You had one job way out the front. And in the UK, the British government had to clarify and to find the difference between a cake and a biscuit after a legal dispute involving the labeling of Jaffa cakes, and official ruling was published that a cake is defined by its propensity to harden over time, whereas a biscuit has a propensity to soften. I think this is all to do with tax or something very dull like that.
Speaker 5: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Email here from Jenny Christian. I was catching up on podcasts while you're on your break. I heard that Patsy saw to Lady met a kid called denim. My eldest went to school with two kids called denim. I'm also a young now called velvet.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 2: That's a fancy one, isn't that DENI there's denim and then there's velvet. I wonder if there's an ermine and we're going to school with an ermine.
Speaker 3: I imagine they're like, are going were going to high school and there's another denim there, So then you have to do that thing where you is that luck to top that half?
Speaker 2: I was at a craft event for kids last week, and the us to break was dumbfounded. Great word, by the way. I wish we could do a feature called dumbfounded. I was dumbfounded to discover yet another denim, but also a kid called royalty.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, no, but it's how they spell it as well.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's not just that, it's so much more than that. Is not right, it's not right. All right, let's play the one second winner. This is where we're going to go back to nineteen ninety one. This morning, I've got the big hit from nineteen ninety one. Just one second clip of them Jack and Patsy taking each other on. Are you ready to play?
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go?
Speaker 2: All right? Who is this big hit from nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 4: I listen to my heart it's Brian Adams. Everything I'll do I do for you. It's just taken back a bit there by brother.
Speaker 9: No, it's true.
Speaker 2: Creepy, creepy.
Speaker 3: Does he play the piano as well?
Speaker 4: When he plays he cannut?
Speaker 2: He can can't on the flex. Get some other idiot to do that. Guitar Jack, it's going to browser up most game.
Speaker 3: They're gonna sit by on the piano where they can hardly see him.
Speaker 2: Pretty Joel Love, Adam Stoney, Delm nugging that around the world. Yes, World, I'm Patsy. Who is this big hit from nineteen ninety one? Ah?
Speaker 3: That is underworld?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: This is yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yes, who seems unbelievable?
Speaker 2: Sung by E M M, which I've got a horrible feeling. The ninety stands for electro magnetic functures. Funkstre what was a big word in the ninety and I for one want to bring it back guys the morning funkst Us one of three. All Right, it's okay. Who's this from nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 4: Oh got me feeling emotion? Who sung that? That's the game, mam Mariah Carrey?
Speaker 2: Yes, God, that's.
Speaker 4: A Pomena tune.
Speaker 2: One of the best songs from ninety one is this. Oh yeah, things that.
Speaker 10: Make Me go, Things that make hugo rather than Jack's things that make Me go.
Speaker 2: Dimon song, just a list of things that cats piano.
Speaker 3: Who's the artist?
Speaker 2: It was? Since music Factory. We played this a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's the vinyls I touched myself.
Speaker 2: You'll find this morning Patsy well done. Two last ones. So he doesn't that song, He goes.
Speaker 4: Play a bit again for me.
Speaker 3: I play that funky music.
Speaker 2: One get it? I thought you're talking to me as a personal man a ka the white boy riding them tunes every morning from seats.
Speaker 3: He was important in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Doesn't start and talk about the fun Yes on the radio show One last One, Oh Prince, which song that one? Cream? Yes?
Speaker 1: Definitely Yes, This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy please challenge this morning. What's happened to poor Chris and his leg.
Speaker 4: Whole weekend of paying Jack? So we thought we'd take cards to Luna Park on Saturday to finish.
Speaker 2: It's a good Sorry, I know you would you call it a theme park. It's a theme you know.
Speaker 4: We've never been, never ever been.
Speaker 3: She would have loved it, I imagine, well she did.
Speaker 4: So anyway, we went on Saturday. Only we're queued up for the scenic Railway. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: And it is scenic what do they call it?
Speaker 4: Scenic railway?
Speaker 2: Make his views of the day views of the unpainted fence around the side of it.
Speaker 4: Makes it sound like it's a chuff chuffer happy little train sort of ride.
Speaker 3: Yes, that sounds sweet.
Speaker 4: Roller coaster anyway, I'm not good on rolling.
Speaker 2: Mild peril, warning, mild peril, Chris.
Speaker 4: That's Chris's job to go on roller coasters with Audrey because I do roller coasters. Anyway, I ended up having to go on it, and why I did is because Chris was getting in the carriage with Audrey. It's actually not funny, and he put his foot down, but his knee kind of went the other way. Anyway, he popped his knee out. He did his knee. I heard the pop and then a c L. I think he has Anyway, he's in a great deal.
Speaker 2: It really is a terror ride. And they went on off we go. That's really screaming what a big baby man twisted leg like they've made it more strange.
Speaker 4: On east anyway, he did sound like a ten year old girl screaming when like it really it really hurt, and I thought, oh no. Anyway, so we were last to get onto the train. Everyone else was on, so they had to hold the ride up. And there was that moment of I don't know what to do and he's like, I've got to get off and I said, well clearly. And Audrey is sitting on there and she said, but I want to go on the right. It's like, just hang on.
Speaker 2: Because child, that just it's all about me. That's there, knees point in one way, his foots go the other, gone the right.
Speaker 4: So the girl, the dear girl on the train had to, you know, get on the walkie talkie and go, yeah, we need first day we are. So someone comes up with a wheelchair, and then I said to christ well, what do I do? I think we need to get off, and everyone's like giving us looks like just make your mind up.
Speaker 2: The scene breaking out here, just get on with it.
Speaker 4: And he's like, no, no, you know, not wanting to cause a ruckus any further. He's like, no, no, you go on the right a ruckus. So he's sort of sitting in the wheelchair as they're wheeling him off, and I thought, scene, she's going backwards down this you know, this really frail little girl, and Chris is Chris is a big guy. He's tall and he's solid, and he's going down, down, down this ramp and she's like gathering speed. I'm up in the air like he's on the train.
Speaker 2: Discovered that the wheelchair drop.
Speaker 3: And then on the other nae.
Speaker 4: The green light goes and then the train starts. Well, oh my god, I thought it just had like two dips. Oh no, there's several dips and there's like several.
Speaker 2: Floor It's just Scooby terrific.
Speaker 4: And I was crying that.
Speaker 3: Roller coasty was scary, one hundred years incredible.
Speaker 4: I wasn't meant to be on it. I took one for the team. I was not meant to be on it. My poor husband's in first daid with his knee.
Speaker 2: On eyes, about ten feet up in the air.
Speaker 3: The scariest thing isn't actually the dips and how high you go. It's that you think, is this whole wooden structure of eventually don't you give what?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've noticed last time you were on it, there's a person like a staff member half yeah, halfway standing start.
Speaker 2: It can't be that dangerous. Now where the roller coast in the world is. There's some kid stood on it going through Corkscrewis that's how mild it is if you can stand it. I see them, I go home, boys everything they're doing it one hand and waving to young chicks. It was horrific.
Speaker 4: Anyway. Then we had to get off and get over to the poor love God over at first date and that was it. We were there for about thirty minutes and I had to go home. That's a wheelchair in back to the car.
Speaker 2: So what's happening was done? Is he's done his acl.
Speaker 4: Well you know, I said, look yesterday, I said, I think it's bad. He's on a stick, it's on a walking.
Speaker 3: Going to the doctor, right, don't do and just he had Dad had. It's like, yeah, he was going to.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get better that philosophy. It just gets worse.
Speaker 3: It's to him.
Speaker 4: He was awake when I got up today, still in pain. He's going to the physio at twelve. So we'll say what.
Speaker 2: Physio can't like pash it back into place by on this leather belt.
Speaker 3: A couple of wonders should put that a cl.
Speaker 2: In Deadwood medicine, look at it or something?
Speaker 4: You telling me he doesn't listen to me. So we'll see what today brings.
Speaker 2: With Chris being injured at Luna Park, maybe we should hear his stories about if you've been injured at a significant location. So Chris is man down, we can put on my map. No can't we man down? kN a c l at Luna Park.
Speaker 5: Carl, you're listening to the christ you know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: To pass his husband Chris blown his knee is something you say, I guess he has blown his knee out? Is blown his knee out at Luna Park? Neither a assistance from the first aid is there and put into a wheelchair. And then I'm guest giving very little short ship by you.
Speaker 4: Patsy, Now, come on, i'd be like that.
Speaker 2: No, I bet you were kind of like, oh, ye're making a big deal. I bet she's a bit of a harder. So I reckon, you are, What do you do?
Speaker 3: Do you wheel him all the way back to the car?
Speaker 2: I think she just threw him in the boot. I've got to say she just tied him to the room the roof rack, driven like a big old hog.
Speaker 4: The girl that came to our assistance, Ainsley I believe her name was, She was absolutely amazing and even wheeled him back to the car. I said, it's okay, I can wheel him.
Speaker 2: Is heavy.
Speaker 4: She's like, no, no, no, I've got this, and she was just delight again that.
Speaker 2: Lovely bedside manner. I'll do it is very heavy, a bit dainty.
Speaker 3: No, she was great.
Speaker 2: She was. So we're going to need pulleys in a winch and maybe some of the rides you've got there train track down and push him down.
Speaker 4: Have you ever tried to push a person in a wheelchair uphill?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? It's a great question. Unless there was a phone in, I haven't. I haven't over one half, Matsy, what's it.
Speaker 4: Like it's very hard, and when the tires are only half full of air, it's it's extremely.
Speaker 2: Well shame on Lunar part. And I'm getting pumped up to be honest, Lunar those wheelchairs up. I just write down idea here wheelchair of cash where quick as you can push it up the hill wins the wheelchair of cash anyway. Chris has blown his knee at Luna Park. Have you injured yourself had a significant location? Janelle has cushion. I was on a holiday in London. I went to Madam to Sorts to see all the waxworker dummies a famous people. I claimed, under Shrek, here we go on holiday. You're not meant to do that. It says that the size, they don't touch them, don't put your hands round them.
Speaker 3: Well, some of them have extra rope, I think, Kyle him and did you have extra security? Because people were touching it Shrek they probably.
Speaker 2: Thought was But no, christiinate going under Shrek. Why would you want to climb under Shrek to get a photo? Don't ask that, Janel. I climbed under Shrek to get a photo and as I stood up, I didn't realize he was attached to the wall with a large pole and I concussed myself. There's Diane here. Good morning, Diane, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you today?
Speaker 2: We be good Diane and love you to talk to you giant. Thanks to Corn the show. Now, where where in the world did you injure yourself?
Speaker 7: I was at dream World in Queensland.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: I was coming down the water slide and the water sort of took took hold of me, flipped me over and I smaked my face on the base of the slide and.
Speaker 6: Yeh, yeh.
Speaker 7: So I got to the bottom and realized that the tooth was missing. Everyone realizing what was going on because my face was caught, and so they turned off all the slides, got the divers and found my tooth at the bottom of the slope. They've got yeah, they've got divers.
Speaker 2: There and they find like Cinderetta, did they find the golden tooth? Did they find a tooth?
Speaker 7: Indeed, absolutely they did and sound. I was just flucky that there was a deepist who was a bystander just holidaying up there as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And he.
Speaker 7: Washed my tooth in a bit of milk, stuck it back in and directed us to the nearest hitters for more permanent teas.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. What's the milk treat then, just too?
Speaker 7: I think to preserve a calcium or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe they've got like a cracked team ready to jump in the look for stuff.
Speaker 2: Divers, go go, go, go, a kid in boards. They're just wandering around with that big old breathing apparatus tank on their back. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought they they must have had someone close by. It didn't take them long to find it. Whether I think it just by thinking about that, it's probably something that happens maybe a little bit more regularly.
Speaker 6: You like to think.
Speaker 2: Did you then go and pay for that photo? Face full of blood?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Mouse please, it's taken a long time to repair.
Speaker 2: Diane, A great story though, Thank you very much for sharing it with us this morning.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me having.
Speaker 2: The day and all right, So have you been injured at a significant location?
Speaker 5: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're asking this morning if you've been injured a significant location. Chris has blown his knee, Patsy sounds burn and where we love God's blown his knee out at Lunar Park. Jack and I were just swapping about actually genuinely scary roller coasters. So have you been on proper like America once, Pats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we went to Disneyland, I went on them because thunder Road or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But the true Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 4: Thunder Mountain or something is called Space Mountain. No, it's not Space Mountain, thunder No, No, I think it's thunder Road, thunder from down Under. Anyway. The trouble with that was it was fairly mild, but we went on at nighttime and you couldn't actually see where you were going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's far us. There used to be one, I think it's called the high Roller, and I went in two thousand and one, two thousand and two in Vegas, where at the time it was the highest roller coaster in the world. It was like a thousand feet up and halfway through the ride they turned the lights out and I actually thought, this is actually this is it? Why have I chosen to do this? It was so at the end when we got off, people were hysterically love crying, Yes, were alive. It was so severe. You must have been on some big ones in America or the Miami when you go out.
Speaker 3: And see I actually love a good rot yes, and I love all the tricks upside down, the cold barcrew and yeah.
Speaker 2: The worst thing but also the best thing is you know when they do that slow motion ride up, don't they to go do that?
Speaker 3: The anticipation that that.
Speaker 2: Is incredible it and then it hovers there for a couple of seconds, and then then you're released and you go down so much your stomach rises up. It's an incredible feeling. All right. So we're asking why have you been injured today? A significant location on nine four one four, one oh four three. Come morning, Darren, Morning Christian, how are you? I'm good, Darren. So where did you get injured? Mate?
Speaker 11: It was at the Geelong Collingwood cor find Foo on twenty twenty two at the MCJ.
Speaker 2: So were you playing? No, what happened? You're injured as a fan?
Speaker 11: This is great injured as a fan. So last very intense game. In the last two minutes, Geelong managed to score gold to get ahead and subsequently win their game. And I've gone up for a massive fist pump and clipped the hand rail in front of me and tore my bicep tending.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I bet that was agony.
Speaker 11: Sorry say that again.
Speaker 2: I bet that was agony.
Speaker 11: That was agony for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, and actually you scream in pain, but everybody thinks you just during the guard.
Speaker 2: He's got the screen squad. It's not the chair squad, it's a screening squad. So what did you have to leave the MCG. Did you go and get first aid? Well?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it was the last minute of the game. So I drove home, I guess single hands lee and got home, took took my jacket off, looked at my arm mind was sort of purple and blue, and ended up in hospital that night to get some scars. So nothing came of it then, but it took.
Speaker 2: You didn't really drive from the MCG walt back to Gelung.
Speaker 11: No, back to Western Southern and aln.
Speaker 2: I still drive there with your bicep hanging off. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So it took another I guess two and a half weeks to figure out what was going on, and ended up inserted near the week of Grand Final and there ended up watching the Grand Final in person after coming out to the hospital the bad before.
Speaker 2: Darren, thank you very much you called me. I have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Carol. Good morning, Carol, Good morning, Carol. What happened to you? Where did you get injured? Mate?
Speaker 6: The Royal Melbourne Show?
Speaker 2: What happened? Hyperactive Kids or patting Zoo gone wrong?
Speaker 6: I wish I was at the show with my husband and he was trying to win a toy or something at one of those side carnival.
Speaker 12: Shows and they had the milk bottles stacked on a metal stool and you had to throw a small sized basketball to knock the milk bottles down, and.
Speaker 2: Man can resist that? By the way, was can you put your back out? So what happened, Carol?
Speaker 6: Well, my husband took a big wind up to show me how easy it was to win, and he missed the bottles completely. She hit the metal stool that was mounted the ground instead, and the ball bounced back and hit me in the face and I had the words Spaulding written on my face.
Speaker 2: Your face was a billboard. Yes exactly, Carol. We're not laughing at you, We're laughing with you. Okay, I want you to know that, But that is that must have really hurt. Did he win any prizes? Did they give him anything out of sympathy or not? No, not at all.
Speaker 6: He thought it was hilarious and I was seeing stars for the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Carol, thank you very much. She call have a good day.
Speaker 5: Christian Conall's podcast.
Speaker 2: This week on the show, we are supersizing your life. We are giving you bigger things. We're talking huge bigger fridges, a double door, bigger sofas, a bigger bed. That's right, a king is back. And this morning it is a supersized TV.
Speaker 9: Hey, come on, Christian, I've got a TV but it is tiny, So supersize me when I have to squid when I'm watching mad Men, So please surprise me, Christian, supercizely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that TV show came about what about fifteen to twenty years ago? New episode of mad Men's out Let me just start squinting here in two thousand and three, we've been on a break. We've been on a break, okay, trust me. By Friday and long be sharpened up. But right now Madmen is the zeitgeist. It's all over. The TikTok suys is blowing up. It's blowing up all right. Supersized TV all thanks to Coger dot com. How do you get what you want for less? Cogan dot com clicking awesome today, then you pick we don't know how big your wall is, how our super size can you handle sixty five, seventy or all the way up to eighty five. It's a q lair TV four keV four K web os smart TV with a magic remote. Your finger is the remote. Yeah? Is this what one of producers for a grade visuals feel like? Why? Like tenth talk? This is primo a great visual thin q AI voice control, Hey chat, GPT, put blue on game dashboard and optimizer. It's optimized, guys. And it's got a four K upscaler.
Speaker 3: What does that do?
Speaker 2: Well? It's better than a down scaler upscales a glade visuals. People come around and go bloody, Oh that's not cal b or what is that? It's a grade visuals? My friends? All right, you can win this. Now. We've got five classic TV theme tunes for you to try and work out what they are. We've supersized this. Have a listened to less. There's five classic TV theme tunes for you to try and identify. First person, first one inter you that calls in on nine four one four, one oh four three names all five gets to supersize their TV. Yeah, it's hard, it's hard. You might get that first one. What is it they played to you again? So you've got to get all five classic TV theme tunes right to win? Carl a brighter. No, you're listening to the question.
Speaker 5: You know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: This week on the show every show supersizing your life today it's all about the TV. Well, thanks to Cogan dot com having you get what you want for less Cogan dot com clicking awesome. But just again and just had a word of me. She said, don't forget to mention they get a warm mount as well. Oh oh my god. I mean we've got thousands of people calling in right now, but think.
Speaker 3: Of all the ones who almost are like, oh but how am I going to hang that one?
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you just prop it up against wall? You get a Cogan Tilt extendable full motion. I know it's like porn when I read it now. Cogan Tilt Extendable, full motion, warm olt. And that is it is compliant with VISA mounting guidelines. I wouldn't mount anything unless it's with VISA guidelines suitable for concrete and would start as well if you are hovering at them about whether the calling going a stud wall. This will be going on guys secure hole to enjoy excellent viewing from anywhere. You can be hiding by the couch right and you can still see Bluey, So rest ashant. The warm mount is included, all right. First show on Supersize week.
Speaker 9: Hey, come on, Christian, I've got a TV but it is tiny, so supersize me.
Speaker 2: I have to squid with.
Speaker 9: I'm watching mad Men, so please surprise me, just supercisely.
Speaker 2: Mummy man Man's it wasn't to show mad I used to love it back in the two thousands when it was relevant. Come lot the music here, alrighty, supersize superside, all right, your choice? How far you want to supersize? Do you want to go sixty five inch? Do you want to take it to seventy or a way to thank you team eighty five inches of tv Q then of course four K webber where smart TV with that Cogan till extendable full motion wall mount VISA mounting guidelines approved.
Speaker 3: Is that B grade visuals? I imagine get.
Speaker 2: Out the studio, my friend and shut the door. He visuals same with his radio show A grade visual als. All right, then you've got to work out the five classic TV theme tunes and you can supersize your TV five TV theme tunes? Can you guess them?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: First? Having a guess is Kim? Good morning Kim, Good morning morning Kim. All right, well done and getting through. How makes your TV at the moment, Kim?
Speaker 13: Forty two inch?
Speaker 2: We've got to supersize you, Kim, what would you go for? You go sixty five, seventy, you go right up to a five, kimbo I would go.
Speaker 6: Anything, anything possible, anything anything is Guys, you do have to choose one if you can't.
Speaker 2: Get all three one wall at the same time. All right, So what do you think the five TV theme tunes are?
Speaker 13: I think it is Around the Twist, Friends, Sest Me Straight, the X Files and then Game of Throne.
Speaker 2: Let's play back again, Kim, yes, four out of five?
Speaker 13: I know number four. I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: I can say nothing, but so close, so close, I'm afraid or you get is forty two inches, but you don't get the upgrade. Okay, Kim, fair enough lot, but so close. Well done. Thanks to try and have a good day, all right, Thanks for that. James, Good morning, James. There are you going good? James? Tell us about your TV situation. Is it a smaller one at the moment you fancy upsizing it?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, my TV is only forty two inches I got twelve years ago and my son was born, so I'm looking forward to an upgrade.
Speaker 2: If I probably watching mad Men at the time when it first came out?
Speaker 3: Can I go to the hospital? Honey?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 3: The final season?
Speaker 2: Darn? And then they've got a big ad pitch going on. All right, So James, let me play it to you again. Five classic TV theme tunes? All right, So Kim came so close. Four out of five guests. Right, what do you think they are? James?
Speaker 6: I think it's Round the Twist, Friends, Cessy, Mystery, bay Watch and Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: You're right, well done on the fourth one, right, well done? You heard it? Baywatch? This guy knows this Baywatch. That's not flex amazing, well done. So listen, you get the choice now, you can go sixty five, seventy or eighty five Q their TV. What do you want to go for?
Speaker 6: Look, I'm gonna have to be greedy. I'm gonna have to go to eighty five.
Speaker 2: Right, that's quite right? Yeah, no, no, no, absolutely doing the right thing. James, Thank you very much for playing and well done.
Speaker 6: Thank you guys, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: All right, we're supersizing you again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Back on the show with us today your misheard lyrics. Thank you very much everyone. Even though we've been on a break, who's still been emailing the minute every single day. Thank you very much for that. Let's get into the brand new ones. It's just another miss Christian O'Connell's miss her lyrics. All right, miss her lyrics. We do them every Monday. You send them in, we play them back. If we agree with what you think you're miss hearing, you will hear if we're not hearing it, and if it's a really great one, they go into all right, brand you miss her lyrics. Jalen Reeds binovously listening to DMX over Easter party up remember this party lyrics? You're gonna make me lose my call up in here, up in here, or is he shout out to medieval gargoyles. Gargoyles make me lose my call up in here, up in the here gorgo? Yes? Do you know what DMX is? A deeper cutland? Any of us thought, Yes? I'm hearing it, Jaylen read well done. Elliot's got this scar tissue from Red Hot Chili Peppers, which, to be fair to that band, a lot of their lyrics are ludicrous anyway. The original line actually written by them, with the birds all share this lonely view? Or has Anthony Keid has got a budgy shed with this budgy shed, it's a lonely view. It's mumbles a bit anyway, it's not a gargle. I'm afraid Elliot. Ben's got Winnie Houston. I'm every woman. I can read your thoughts right now, each one from A to Z. Or is Whitney Houston saying I could eat your socks right now and rip up mattresses. This is quite a buppet turn from the source material. Oh my god, I could eat your socks right now and rip up mattresses. It's there, Wow done, Ben. Melinda Hill's got this some skyhooks. Horror movie. Horror movie. It's the six thirty news or is it horror movie? It's the sex that I knew, Melinda. It is there. Rob's got this footloose from Kenny Loggins. Somebody to tell you that life ain't passing you by. You're going to need to turn this one up, all right, leaning everybody or robbers hearing this or miss hearing it. Kenny Lokins is saying, somebody to tell you Darth Vader passing you by? That? Is there somebody to tell you Darth Vader passing you by?
Speaker 3: Was that Dark Vader?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well done, Thank you very much, you met, sir. Lyric should email me whenever you miss hear them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au cal brighter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the question o'connl show podcast?
Speaker 2: How's it of Gordon? Do you enjoy his Eastern? Now? Is two years of aget some eggs?
Speaker 3: Yes, but it started way before the Sunday. On Thursday, they sent him home from daycare with one chocolate egg and that was enough, Like the floodgates were opened. Then he kept asking chocolate all weekend. Yeah. No, he would have ate his weight in chocolate that weekend. And now we've kind of turned it off and hopefully he won't ask for it again for a while. But tell you what he did do this weekend. He watched his first ever movie.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Until now they just watched you know, blew. He's perfect. It's like five minute episodes, but he would never actually had him sit down for a full movie. And it's a difficult choice because I feel like to introduce him to film for the first time. It's a big.
Speaker 2: DECI you don't know whether you go the first John Wick movie or you go Actually I started four and go back.
Speaker 3: He was actually asking like, do I need to watch number one to get it?
Speaker 2: Get into it?
Speaker 3: You go on, I'll tell you what he's trying to.
Speaker 2: What did you go for this? Because it's an overwhelming choice.
Speaker 3: You've gone now we went for the original Lion King choice.
Speaker 2: Great story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, Biank and I probably enjoyed it more than he did, of course, because I haven't watched that movie in probably in thirty years almost, and it's such a great, brilliant film.
Speaker 2: It's a great story as well, isn't it. I think when you go through rewatching all those movies when you're an adult, you watch it with your kids, but you were as there's so much meaning that you didn't get the first time round. You see it slightly differently as well.
Speaker 3: I would have been six years old when it came out and it was one of the first movies I saw at the cinema, but rewatching it again and watching it with him. He loves animals, he loves get scared any moment. No, we tried to distract him during most of Scar's parts.
Speaker 2: How did you do that?
Speaker 3: I just like talk to him about like the cow that he has in front of him, the toys.
Speaker 2: He must think, Oh, Dad, isn't gonna keep doing this one we watch a movie like, you know, just random nonsense cow over there.
Speaker 3: But also I didn't want it because we could have I guess, fast forward during it, but I was so invested in the movie though, I didn't want to stroll us.
Speaker 2: Keep very catching for Science of Lambs this weekend, and I won't see this bit. What he does that?
Speaker 3: Warden, Well, you can't just fast forward past through like move faster. You know, he doesn't make it all the way toward of the film, and you can't just have him disappear from the story.
Speaker 2: You're quite right, You're quite right. Watch it, Gordy, watch it. Do you remember the first movie you sat down and watched.
Speaker 4: With your daughter, Aordy, Yeah, it was definitely one of the Disney movies. Disney all the originals. You can't go wrong Jack, any of those. You can go right through the sequence.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Is it just because we're nostalgic for it or is there something really sweet about the cartoon before they had the digital animation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There is. The first tie I watched with the girls was The Little Mermaid. Yes, right, And it's like I remember when we finally took them to Disneyland. The first one was at Anaheim and you go around, you get your photo taken, you get your little book and signing it. And the girls were so excited. They were eight and ten then, and they were so excited to meet Ariel. And I remember even I was getting quite emotional, even though summer is paid, but there's a child part of your brain. And I even said to lady, thank you Ariel.
Speaker 3: We saw you in the movie.
Speaker 2: Is to meet you as well? Goals been kicked right now? Yeah, I remember it was a Little Mermaid. But you're right, those those Disney movies, sort of Dumbo and then Men when we did Dumbo, then we did Snow White and the Seven.
Speaker 4: Dwarfs still watch them, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we did Finding Nemo. They did they found that one really sad. We had to stop that halfway through. They just found that a bit of a bummer.
Speaker 3: To be honest, that you do find nemo at the end.
Speaker 2: I just tell them that. But there was still like the nightmares for a couple of days. And then my wife playing me and was like, you should have watched it first away. I could be some sort of moderator. I'm watching all these movies before.
Speaker 3: Should do a YouTube channel that's like Disney Films, but with all the sad puss.
Speaker 2: But then there's no there's no movie. It's like the roller coaster. You don't get there, it's going up like the drop. What was the first movie you watched with your kids?
Speaker 5: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: In radio, One of the best things you can hear as a host is when a producer goes, I got that thing you wanted there it's in really bad quality. Oh cool, yeah, brilliant, Okay, so I'll play that.
Speaker 3: I noticed it as well. They always come in with ten seconds, so you can't say anything about it.
Speaker 2: All it left was was confusion in my little DJ brain. I'm like, what choice do I bother you with stuff that's sort of muddy? And you go up? Why do you play that to me, can you clean it up? Or so I'm seeing see a side where they go clean that ups HSD. All right, we're talking about the first movie you ever sat your kids down? And he watched with them, jacked it over the weekend. He went for The Lion King. Beautiful, beautiful movie story and brilliant music, so good. While my girls were younger than they are now, we went for We went for The Little Mermaid and can I just say Under the Sea banger? All right? So we went on swarning nine four one four one o four three. What's the first movie you saw with your kids? Good morning, Mark?
Speaker 14: Yeah, high team. Well, I was trying to follow on a good experience my brother in LAWD had when he took my daughter to a movie and I picked Andrea the Seal. Didn't do a lot of research into what it was about, but it sounded nice and cuddly with the seal, and it turned out to be a group of fishermen who were trying to kill Andrea from stealing their fish, and I ended up with scenes with them chasing Andre with a pitchfork and.
Speaker 2: And because I haven't got legs, if it's like chased on land, that's cowardly. He's trying to sort of slip his and slide his way around.
Speaker 14: Well, funny you say slowered h because they captured Andrea put him in a shed, but Andrea escaped and bleedingly.
Speaker 3: They take it a lot with one of his flippers.
Speaker 2: I felt like, I need to see this today now.
Speaker 14: I know, well, make sure you view it beforehand, as I heard you say, because yeah, so my daughter wouldn't leave the cinema until Andre was made sure Andre was safe. So I had her on my lap looking at the back of the cinema while I was going to threaten to go to the producers and find out there was this g raided.
Speaker 2: So now I'm going to have to ask you does it end out all right, Minyon? Because I imagine the little kids on the school right now don't even know this movie, but they now he gets out of the shed, I mean, what is it? Does he take them out one by one? Is he like the Liam Neeson of the Sill? What what happens?
Speaker 14: He escaped from the shed, which is why he went bleedingly down the ice, but he yeah, and he was safe in the end. But I didn't really need to hang around and watch that skind that out.
Speaker 2: But he is safe. Oh that is good news. Is a happy end in there. All right, thank you very much. Now the big question is do we want to hear that? Do we want to hear the trader the muddy audio? All right, let's give this a go. Can can we hear any of this?
Speaker 8: She's the youngest in her family and the shyest little girl in Rockport me until she needs an extraordinary individual extraordinary.
Speaker 2: And you can travel around the world. You never to go to Scott It's not that bad. Actually, we could make that one out, Mike, Good morning, Good morning, Mike. Was the first movie so with the kids.
Speaker 15: Well, I took my daughter to see the original Ghostbusters when she was five years old.
Speaker 2: Oh, great one, bet she loved that. It's a funny movie as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the only bitch it's scared of was the old lady in the library. But yeah, I'm actually on my way to the airport now to fly to Sydney to take her and my grandkids out because it's my daughter's forty fifth birthday and I'm going to go and see the latest one.
Speaker 2: You're going to go and see the new one, I says today.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the new ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, oh my god, what a lovely thing you're going to do. So you going with your daughter and your grandkids as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we're going to make offend. The grandkids are a little bit not really mum, but she said yeah, it's like a great idea.
Speaker 2: So yeah, ah, what a lovely thing too if you look forward to. So you you headed to the airport now, Mike.
Speaker 15: Yes, I pulled over to talk to you. Good people.
Speaker 2: Oh bless you, Mike. Well you have a lovely time watching that with your daughter and your grandkids as well. Mike, thank you very much for giving us a cool take care and joy.
Speaker 15: Thank you folks, and thanks for the show.
Speaker 2: That's your Thank you well.
Speaker 5: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Time for Today's time wasters. UB forty are returning to Australia this October where their red red wine or special guests. Oh my word, they're bringing heat, eagle eye cherry.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's not a double billbo that is hit after a hit and the cherry man's there. It's the cherry on top of the UB forty cake. Why don't you go and do this? How is eagle likee cherry? Tickets on sell this Wednesday from ticket Tech. What a show.
Speaker 3: Do you not want to get more excited about the like?
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. Listen, you come for UB forty all those hits, but wow, we you'll also enjoy Eagle Eye Cherry. All right, so it today is National Stay Warm Day. We're looking for your cold movies. Australia has won our first ever gold medal at the World Bob Stay Championships. You would have thought that, would you? Queensland and Breewalker took out the women's monobob title, edging out her German arch rive on Lisla Buck. And then this is completely unrelated to that. I mean that conception rates peak as the weather gets colder, keep each other warm, cud up peaking in interesting word, peaking in July and August. Test Stone levels soar through the roof with the lower temperatures, and sex drive tends to follow too much details. We need to get into their light. They don't want to hear me talking about their sex drives. The mono bob all right, Oh my god has got chilly in here. Oh my word, what are they watching? Those igloos? Cold movies? Cold movies like Honey, I shrunk the penis.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: You just said that either.
Speaker 3: After judging for putting in.
Speaker 2: The high But Jack is great to be a hypocrite. It's your show, your name. You're right, you're right, But technically it's you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's very funny.
Speaker 2: Bridge over the river kwai. It's a classic war movie, alright, but a little bit colder. You got in my red see that coming out with the horizon. Did you fringe over the river? Quiet? Gold, the blizzard bru Blizzard of Oz, silver and full thermal jacket. Oh my word, I got my goose down jacket on. It's full thermal jacket. Honey, I shock you got We don't need that. Twice freeze Winny was that was the radio for anyone that maybe I shouldn't have started with. We've been on a break a lots touch with what's acceptable? Jack? What have you got? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Standard sites desperately seeking shoes on?
Speaker 2: Did you to get out of No, don't come back like that. Do you not do this show dirty like that?
Speaker 4: You have to talk about dirty?
Speaker 2: Oh my what? Honey? I shrunk the.
Speaker 3: Wind.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so cold, I'm gonna put my shoes off? When did that?
Speaker 3: Every time I said I was cold? My dad said, well, why didn't you put your socks and shoes?
Speaker 2: Why are you huck weary Finn? There in your bare feet playing in the yard.
Speaker 3: Bronze number and number.
Speaker 2: No we go there we go gold.
Speaker 3: Shirtless in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Well that's not warm.
Speaker 4: Now that's cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cold. He's cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't wear his shirt. Why didn't he cold? Mo? Also it could be summertime there, smart move?
Speaker 3: I wasn't he was again? And uh great Tom Hanks film Frost Guph, that's cold.
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Today on the Work Time where so we'll look for you to make a movie Cold Weston show off to see you be forty Live all right? Were read to Mark, let's do it cold movies, Boys in the Hoodie Gold very good, well, I Josh, weekend of Beanies Gold. These these are very good today, Mark, well done, glove actually.
Speaker 3: Silv we brought a snood.
Speaker 2: Bronze long John Wick's what's under that beautiful sewervis he's got good of Long John's twelve Brass Monkeys bronze brass. Ruffy the Vampire Slayer, Silver Missus without fire. Ohat got the money? Maybe I don't know, Silver plus very sad fion, what brisky business, Bronze, what's heating? Gilbert Grape? Oh Scott, well done, dude, where's my cardigan? Gold? Edward Shivery hands gold, Andy Thermals and Louise, he's a very good what a Mark Edward icy pole hands Bronze. Yeah, the talented mister Nipley, Carly, that's very funny, Freezing miss Daisy Bronze weekend at Burney's gold and scarf face go yeah, now, so many goals today. Well done everyone who's the best in show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Carli for talented mister Nipley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, made us half this morning. Christian Connell Show Podcast, let's talk about tomorrow's show. Today, tomorrow's show, we'd love to hear your stories about epic Missus. After Carol called into we're talking about significant injuries in places.
Speaker 6: I was at the show with my husband and he was trying to win a toy. You had to throw a small sized basketball to knock the milk bottles down. Well, my husband took a big wind up and he missed the bottles completely and the ball bounced back and hit me in the face and I had the word Spaulding written on my face for a week in.
Speaker 2: Booting Epic Missus. Your Epic Missus. By the way, if I ever do you also do that if you see one of those sort of old timy I'm having to go any single time. They just I can't resist anything in that triangle and it's like, hey, sir, can you hit that and win your picker brazes and these big teddy bears or a gold fish.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's not you don't even want that big note home if someone offered it to me, no, thank you, I don't want that to home. But the idea of winning it fla for your squeeze for your last one.
Speaker 2: We had to set that up here and have like big or no, all the same prizes. It's just a range of Teddy Bears and number Once all I won was a was a mirror and miss going home on the bus with a mirror that I'd want one of those stores as a runners up prize. Anyway, Your story is about Epic Missus tomorrow also on tomorrow show, I please remind me I need to find out about the dangers from Wedge tailed eagles.
Speaker 3: What do you got one near your house or something.
Speaker 2: No. We were out walking the weekend down in Red Heel and we had our dogs with us, and a lady said, you want to be really careful with that little dog. Wedge tailed eagles are in the area right three meters wingspan.
Speaker 3: That's huge, bigger than a human.
Speaker 2: She said. There are stories apparently they come down, they get a little dog and they fly off with it.
Speaker 3: I know what happens, because you got the lead on the dog.
Speaker 16: I got at three trot me off here. So I don't know whether it's one of these urban myths. I mean, I said to my wife, because my wife loves this stue. A little dog we've got is a toy poodle.
Speaker 2: And I said, they take him away. They're bringing him out. He's really irritating. Yet they don't want him in the nest. What do they do with the dogs when they picked them up as well? They're taking them back the nets and there's there's eighteen other dogs mate.
Speaker 3: A couple of weeks ago, my friend was working on a construction site in Shepperdon. They're building a bridge. A wedgetail eagle dropped a snake on them. No way them just for loss, just didn't want it, or it slipped out of its claws.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow show, let's get into it real talk, wage tailed eagles? Are they flying off with our dogs? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A you I think we may need to go and get some small jacket with weights on it. You know, Diver is one of those jackets, so you're gonna go. He's bigger than you think, you
Speaker 5: Know, Christian know Connell's Show podcast