Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I turned my back for one second. What did the kids or what did you get up to? I remember, do you remember your kid how much you just loved playing in mom and Dad's car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It was not on obviously or anything. We're just sitting in it pretending to drive at night, and the kids were pestering me. And they were like three and five at the time, so this is quite a few years ago. And I was like, yeah, of course, fine, and they said, oh, can we play with your wallet as well and stuff like that, and that's when I should have gone no. But the offer of them being in the car and out the house a bit, just you know, no keys, and I thing. It was like, yeah, okay, and then I just go and check on them. After it was only a couple of minutes. I better go and see what they're up to. And I can see they're laughing. They're now in the front seat, and I'm like, what, why are you trying to get someone out the CD player? They've put my bank debit card and my driver's license into the CD player, you know that little slim mouth, right, And it's not out. Yeah, right, I had to get one of these audio guys to come out, a car repair guy to meant he had to take out the whole face off. It cost about six hundred dollars to get it repaired. And it was a thing where there's no point even asking why would they do that. They're three and five. Their job is to destroy anything nice you are.
Speaker 3: It's always to put stuff into any holes. Yeah, like I had. I had a peanut stuck up my nose for a long time as a kid as long, not for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was that what you had? The operation?
Speaker 1: I'll see you had to have a couple of days off you getting that finally getting that little.
Speaker 3: Cashew out, but for hours, and then went to emergency and had to get it removed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then once they put some buttered toast into the DVD player, just shoved it in there as well and just wreck that as well. Patsy, you must have had a story about turning you back. For one second, we had a shocker.
Speaker 5: Audrey was about two and I had to go to the bathroom and I was literally out of the room for a minute, and when I come back, she'd got into my handbag, got of all things, not my lip gloss that's clear, or vasseline, my red lipstick, bright red lipstick, And you're drawn all across this white.
Speaker 1: Waiting for that moment, the long con some moment I'll have that you have to.
Speaker 3: Go to the bathroom eventually, Mama.
Speaker 4: Perhaps you'd been holding it in for two years.
Speaker 5: It was everywhere, on the couch, on the.
Speaker 4: Floor of like a banksy. Yeah, she turned it into an.
Speaker 5: Art world, all over a face and we couldn't get it off. We even got jiff, which is like that cream old cream cleansed. You had to take it to the tip. It was, it was done, It was finished.
Speaker 3: The couch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had to couldn't get the stain out.
Speaker 1: I want to see David at and Renaud the amount of stuff. I think that Patsy's chuched in Land film. You can't just get rid of the couch because he's got some lipstick on.
Speaker 3: It looked like a murder scene.
Speaker 5: It looked like I stepped someone on it. I had to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: I turned my back for one second, bree, So you turned you back for one moment?
Speaker 4: Is this you doing it?
Speaker 6: Or poor dad? So my poor dad cop when I was younger, so I would have been three or four at the time, and he had his undercover hit a white truck that was unmarked in the driveway, and he was getting ready to go to work, and he left all the doors open, and when he went to the shed to grab some bags, I snuck in and started smashing all the buttons and was talking to the police officer.
Speaker 1: See, your old man was an undercover cop, and then you let everyone know he was an undercover cop.
Speaker 4: I'm smashing all the sirens.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just talking to his colleagues. But yeah, they had to call him on those you know, those old mobile phones. But he had to carry the backpack. Yes, yeah, he came out the shed with that on and he had to get me out of the truck because I was telling everyone, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, that's amazing. So did you have all the sirens blazing?
Speaker 6: No, I couldn't read those buttons. I just had a whole hit of computer screens and telephones and stuff. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's like kids are waiting for this moment just to sort of create have it like they knew, they know, they know that's their job to do that. Brie that's a great kill. Thank you very much, thank you, Yah, Tracy Webb. And then I turned my back for one moment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and my two year old jum Johnny his electric truck and rode it through the back window. Lucky he wasn't hurt. I just had to repair the window. But yeah, two seconds and he connected it and went through the back window.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you always want to ask them, why did you do that? I remember like that before we moved down here three years ago. We came to Australia the year before to scope it all out, and I had to take my daughter to hospital because she broke her ankle the.
Speaker 4: Way she done it right.
Speaker 1: We're getting ready to go down from where we're staying in this second of the hotel. We're walking down the stairs and I was ahead of her and I said, come on, can I just get down to the pool? She designed for no reason to jump seven steps? Oh no, and obviously broke her ankle and I didn't wait for it to land. I was like, where there you go. There's next two days, two trips to a andy to buy a pair of crutches. I don't let you bother them.
Speaker 3: And we don't have any health insurance in this country, waiting there.
Speaker 1: For four hours because no one's rushing upon me with a silly daughter.
Speaker 4: In Yeah, I just again, Why do you see what would happen? Yeah? If we go, then brilliant It never friends, Tracy, thank you very much. She cool.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys, Kim, how are you, Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited to hear this story. Off you go, mate, We're all it is so.
Speaker 8: I was about ten years old. It's actually my mum that sort of turned her back. She was a single mum working full time.
Speaker 6: And in the school holidays I had to go to work with her.
Speaker 8: She worked at the bank. I was put in an office with the coloring book, told not to touch anything, and I pulled the chair into the desk. There was a little button under the desk that was annoying my leg, so I pushed it out of the way. It turned out to be a silent alarm. The next thing my mum and all her coworkers knew was that police were storming the bank, thinking that.
Speaker 3: All being wrong. It was.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there quietly coloring sure like a mastermind.
Speaker 4: Come on, nice tray, you got the money.
Speaker 1: World's youngest criminal apprhanded.
Speaker 4: Sat there with a connor.
Speaker 8: But and of course my mom time into the office and said, did you touch anything?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm just glory the one small, tiny little thing in a bank that could just bring it all to to get the police turning up. That is incredible, Kim. That's awesome, a brilliant story. Great story. Thank you very much, Kim.
Speaker 7: Great day.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, now Esther, how are you good? Okay? One you turned you back for one moment.
Speaker 2: Well, my mum actually turned my back on on me, turned her back on me, and I'll paint you a bit of a picture.
Speaker 1: I don't know whose Hey, I did a back turning here, young lady.
Speaker 4: It's a family of ows. Then.
Speaker 2: So my mum had four young girls. I was the youngest, probably two or three at the time. She just cost us a nice dinner, you know, made and veggies. I had a plate to live peace. She sits down trying to pop their feet up for five minutes, and next thing she knows, she turns around. I've got a fist full of teas in my nose.
Speaker 6: Next thing I know.
Speaker 2: I'm upside down on her lap. She is knuckled deep in my nostrils with a crow with a crochet hook, fishing these bloody peas out the good old days.
Speaker 1: Huh fist of peas to follow up to fist mill of dollars.
Speaker 4: Now wereving budget problems with the Clint Eastwood trilogy.
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show podcast