Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Third.
Speaker 2: Chainsaw, Three Generations of Nally. I get changed in the passenger seats. I get changed in the passenger seat. Why am I still riding?
Speaker 3: So Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one O Fourine, Hey, come on in.
Speaker 2: Five minutes past six Wednesday morning, It's to Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. Good morning, Jackie boy, Hey, guys, coome morning, pats morning. How's you we going so far? Patsy?
Speaker 4: Not so good? Last night? Yesterday when I got out for work, I couldn't find my latest glasses, my gold glasses, and I have. I don't know if you have.
Speaker 2: You transferred to sort of gold glasses after winning the award? Did you get rid of those normal sort of old missus mangles that you've had for a while?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I've had these for like eighteen months, but I don't know if you remember, maybe a month or so ago. I found them in the back of my like walking rope, and I don't know how they got there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, remember it. Well, we're talking about that Patsy's pee for Patsy And then I got a subcutteres glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they've been going missing of late.
Speaker 2: Anyway, don't you have My wife is constantly every day my wife. My struggle with my wife is Chris, have you seen my phone? Have you seen my Apple watch? Have you seen the car keys? Have you seen the glasses? And I'm like, put them always in the same place. I've got two landing spots, so anything of mine is either in one of those two places them anywhere else.
Speaker 4: This is where women and men are different. Chris is the same. So Chris. I could ask Chris any given time where is his wallet and his car keys? Always always, so he's got a lassie.
Speaker 2: I have a landing spot. As soon as they're still there, it's easy.
Speaker 4: Yep. I'm different. Whereas if he he needs help to find something that honestly in the cupboard, it would bite him on the face, like it's right in front of him, like.
Speaker 2: Sarah's constantly doing that, going I'm sorry, Chris, did you have to move something slightly?
Speaker 4: Isn't it funny? That's prowally different? But no, I had I had misplaced them again yesterday, so I had a pair of my old ones on. Anyway, Chris texted me through the show yesterday to say, found your glasses And I'm not sure if I don't know if I'm sleepwalking, because they were in the pantry, on the floor of the pantry, but they were sitting on top of a piece of bread.
Speaker 2: Now left this cute cliff hangers if I meant to go, We'll come back to this part in an hour. It's a huge clip. It's on a piece of bread. Shack. I'm remember I found it on that piece of bread, rather slice or piece we fo that one doing. There was just drop. There had to drop somewhere. You've obviously dropped it.
Speaker 4: No, but in in the pantry, what what's it doing in a cupboard? On the floor of a cupboard you.
Speaker 2: Probably carry the glasses in. You got to get some make Chris some god awful snack or something with those cooking skills of yours, and the glasses drop.
Speaker 6: Do you think?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know you presuming.
Speaker 7: You're actually like you want Headley Thomas to do a twelve part.
Speaker 2: Yesterday Carler said how they stub their toe on a bed and she was like, witchcraft. There's no weather. That's the only possible explanation.
Speaker 4: But it's weird like that was sat really neatly on top of the piece of bread.
Speaker 2: This morning before the show, Patsy said, I've got an idea for a children's book. And I thought she generally had because I thought, oh, that'd been nice thing for to do. Now she went, it's about my missing glasses. This is the pitch for the book.
Speaker 4: You know you could be.
Speaker 2: It's still a bit more advanced than Andy Lee's ongo publish it.
Speaker 3: Pats the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So you need a landing zone, Patsy, you're an organized person. I see your desk the news and that you are organized, detailed person. I'm surprised you don't have some kind of learning spot for keys and your purse. No.
Speaker 4: I think what the trouble with the glasses is that I actually do need byfocals, because when I need to look at something close up, I have to take them off there for distance and.
Speaker 2: The beginning of the end.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I go up top for plus two point seventy five and then I can look down plus one. Yeah, I'm the same, No, no, no, that's not me. I'm mimicking the voice of a very old person.
Speaker 4: But I refuse to give into the bifocals.
Speaker 2: I will not. Yeah. Yeah, he's plush up top, Chris, he's a plus down below below the horizon, he's a plus one. He got it. He acted out this morning, some sort of schedule vignett I think he called it over there. Whatever, thank you.
Speaker 4: I yeah, no, I refuse to give into the bifocals because it's the beginning of the end when you have the bifocals. So I'm not getting them. So I will just have several pairs.
Speaker 2: Of what do we all do for morning hacks? Because these are our regular hours? Right? So you have only been doing breakfast sales five years, but I'm sure chat by now you've tried to ease anything you can to make the getting out of the bed and out the door as easy as possible.
Speaker 7: The current one we got, and I actually recommend this. We've got these smart lights that you can program to dim at any level. You can change the color of them. But the thing you can do is, instead of and now and a sound alarm when we wake up, the lights just come on when the alarm is meant to go off.
Speaker 2: So that's nice for your wife, isn't it? Maybe you get up and do some cleaning or something. But a kid, you too, prepped dinner or something.
Speaker 7: You know, but either the sound is going to wake you up or the lights.
Speaker 2: Oh so you live in a lighthouse. Oh gosh, not bread feeding. No, no, that maybe sleep. But yeah, I got to get up, so shifted a quarter.
Speaker 7: To five every weekday morning the lights go off.
Speaker 4: Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 2: God, what up?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't like that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait, now I must get that and then get a divorce, because that's what would happen. It's all at stealth, at knife for me. I have to I can. Now the alarm goes off, I turn off as quickly as possible. The slippers is like Wallace and Grommet. I know exactly where they are in the dark. They're positioned in a certain way, like power parking your car before before I turn the light at night time, I chet the slippers in the right place. They're good to go, like and it's getting the skis to start going down the slope. Push off, push off. Then then I get changed in the dark as well. I know where in the room you share with your wife or go into the bathroom, so I wander out naked into my slippers, walk down the cordor shuffling and sometimes doing this. Why is it so cold? I know, spring, I moved into a hot country. How can it still with this bloody cold? And then I get Then the light comes on, I get changed. Then the tea bag is already waiting in the cup. I just have to add.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: And then I always just as my whole life of the morning is like what it's in Grommit. There's a piece of toast I put in there the night before.
Speaker 8: It's going to get get out of it and get all crusty in six hours anyway, Yeah, exactly, So I ease, Yeah, show show go.
Speaker 7: You don't know what animals are going to come out and eat the crumbs over night.
Speaker 2: But they get nukes when I put the old the little plunger down. What passed the early morning routine? Morning hacks? What have you got?
Speaker 4: What hacks have I got? I've got about fifty million alarms which wake up the poor love God. And then I know I get up, go straight.
Speaker 2: If it's already pre selected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything's laid out, nickers, everything like every single thing, jewelry, every single thing, bag and laptop and keyser on the kitchen bench right at the edge as you walk past.
Speaker 2: What in your laptop for you're in a studio about eight monitors in there. What's the laptop for private searchers? Stuff?
Speaker 4: The night before, I have.
Speaker 2: A news so I'm going to be that's the news for tomorrow. Must get that in earlier our six just basically dictate what Peter Hitching says pause on Live Boars prints.
Speaker 4: No, you're going to be a cross stuff.
Speaker 2: Smash six though.
Speaker 7: I record the whole thing onto my iPhone tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Still got that grand final result if we need feel, I can just mention that again.
Speaker 4: Every Yes, everything's laid out.
Speaker 2: She brings a laptop, and what are you doing on that laptop? And what's on that laptop? Offloading secrets to the Chinese? Lock her up? All right, so outfit selected laptops.
Speaker 4: Ready, Yeah, breakfast, My shake's ready in my back everything is in the bag, ready to It's like, you know, yeah, like pick it up out the door.
Speaker 2: Off. Do you have any kind of like do you eat anything in the morning?
Speaker 4: Coffee or no? No, I don't. I have my first coffee when I hit the station. I can't eat that early in the morning. It's too early.
Speaker 2: Actually, what takes the most of my time I get in the car that always ten minutes selecting the right podcast. That's a bit boring. That's why I waste my strong If you're up early regular like us, what are your morning hacks? What do you do?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Talking about early morning hacks to make it as easy as possible if you get up early to get out of bed and off to work. I actually ser said this before. I think that AI will hopefully invent a pillow that can trim your hair and shave you whilst you'll sleep as you're as you're gently interesting, don't you the night? It can give you a very gentle light shave and maybe even trim your hair with this AI pillow. So when you get out of bed in the morning, you're looking fresh already. You know you've had a shave and all that. And why can't the inside of the doner if you put your shoes on, give them a little shine or clean as well if you wear them on your feet as you're moving, let that dynamic motion as you're tossing and turning clean and trim you.
Speaker 7: You are getting closer and closer to the walls and grub at start of the day.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to be said for it, Jack Christian. I go to the gym in the morning every single day on a Friday to save time. To make sure I actually go, I sleep in my workout gear.
Speaker 4: It's a good idea.
Speaker 7: I don't hate that. That's not as bad as sleeping in your uniform for going to work.
Speaker 2: No one does that.
Speaker 7: I've heard somebody sleeping with their shoes on. I bet we could find someone this morning.
Speaker 2: There's no way no one does shoes on.
Speaker 7: Just to save time and be ready for work.
Speaker 2: Well, Christian, I brush my teeth in the car with a bottle of water and spit it out as a dry to work. Tony, if I saw that, that's only except if you're a detective. He's been on a steak out all night on the.
Speaker 7: Way back from Sydney on the week and I saw someone cleaning their teeth in the airport at the airport gate.
Speaker 2: Yes, people are savages these days.
Speaker 7: When do we become traveling brushing teeth and then after a few minutes went back into the toilet to I guess 'rinted out toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly what the world isn't your bedroom private chambers, Christian. I take my leftovers to work with me to limit the harshness of the fridge lights. It's the flood lights of the MCG. I have a specific spot reserve where I can close my eyes, open the door, grab the container without breaking stride. That's from Gee. These are all very good hacks.
Speaker 3: Carl. You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: They're sorry, we're talking about that object in your house, an object that is your household nemesis that a lot of calls yesterday told us about their object. They hate and it hates them.
Speaker 9: The existence is a guestless bed. It is a freaking nightmare epslot.
Speaker 10: Household Nemesis is trying to open up any beg that comes on a roll like a garbage beck.
Speaker 5: The toaster is just the worst thing is in this house.
Speaker 11: So what had happened is I wanted to buy a really nice toaster and it.
Speaker 6: Is a piece of crap.
Speaker 2: A lot of calls yesterday did this, And even when I was talking about this metallic, awful, oldie worldy breadban that I've brought a dells for about a year ago. That makes so much noise. This is actually the sound of it. Imagine that half four, I think there's someone coming in the house, noup, just trying to get a slice of sourdo out that flip and oldie worldy bread bin with flaky paint. Every wondered this, and notes every other chord was this. They need an F work because obviously, in real life you use an F word, that's how you talk to these things. But on the radio you go for frigging toaster, frigging breadmin So you can still use an F word, but not the one you actually use. Please make it radio friendly. You've got to. You've got somebody. Have a couple of nemesis in the house.
Speaker 7: A new one to add that I came face to face with last night. The giant chopping board that doesn't fit in the dish rusher all the sink. No now, because mostly our routine is Bianco will cook and I'll do the dishes. Doesn't she doesn't care what chopping board she uses, and the big one she goes, oh my god, all this space, but she doesn't know how difficult it is to clean that guy. He doesn't fit under the sink. So when you're trying to angle him and wash the corners and you tilt it the wrong way, you get water all over your shirt.
Speaker 2: It's like yesterday's story where we were talking about it didn't fit, and someone's talking to us about their their dad's coffin. He was a tall guy and it didn't fit into the ground. The hole was actually too small. At the funeral at the grave, that's you. That's the trouble board like that, it's half of it is at the top of it. She then have to rotate, don't you.
Speaker 7: Yes, So you can clean the bottom of one side, then clean the bottom, but you never really get the middle side.
Speaker 2: Horrible things to move, aren't they? That you always bang in your hand trying it into the sink, and they don't go in the dishwashers. Rather horrible, unwielderly things make make those chop on board smaller? Please just a bit bigger than a cucumber? All right? So what is the household nemesis? For?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Remember use the right F word.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast arch.
Speaker 2: Enemies in the House. What is your household nemesis? Misty, it's her Google lights, Google lights Christian. As soon as someone flecks the switch instead of saying hey Google, they flicker? Does my head in matts? Matt? I stand within this one glad rap Christian. This thing hates me. I scrape my fingers every time. It's like the cheese crater has got an extra spider web weapon. It's like Spider Man basically using that thing. Map. Yes, for Sue are couches. We just bought a beautiful, light filled house with light wooden floors for all new living area furnitures. Everything looks nice and like except for that big black leather couches. I keep praying that they're spontaneously combust that's from suit. Let's go to Robert Morning, Robert Morning, Christian. There you going, Robert turned out happy Wednesday. What is your household nemesis? What object for you?
Speaker 12: My household nemesis is a tupawar drawer in the kitchen, and on a weekly basis, one of the lids will fall down behind the drawer, but then you can't close it.
Speaker 2: Those bastard lids.
Speaker 13: You're not wrong.
Speaker 12: I've got to pull the whole drawer up the lid. And this happens on a weekly basis. Does mind frigging headed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think this would have challenged even Buddher that that tupe of wear drawer we've got is always half open. You can't close it because you've got the various lids, of which there are nine thousands of in sizes. They look square on the round one, the big one, the bigger one, the bigger bigger one. They're stuck up there like tombstones.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I think our TopWare drawer has about one hundred pieces of tupwa in it, and not one of them shares the lid with anyone else. They've all got their indiview lids, and I don't know how that's possible.
Speaker 2: We should do the golden lid. Go into my house. If you can match the up immediately, you can have one thousand dollars in cash the golden tupper well lid. It's not they need to be magnetic or have some kind of honing device. When they can, you know that you press up with with your vacuum cleaner where you can stand on it. That's what we need for tupper Worthy. What just goes comes back in. I hear you, Robert, I get it, Thank you very much. You call me all right.
Speaker 12: Thanks Christy and.
Speaker 2: You Robert Hannah, good morning. Some doesn't want to finde his weight? Where to me? Hannah? Yes, Hello, there we go. Hey Hannah, what's your household? Nemesis?
Speaker 14: I have a roller door on my shower and it is the most painful thing to live with. It's just it never works.
Speaker 2: And I roller door of like a garage.
Speaker 6: Or a locker, like a sliding door.
Speaker 14: Like a sliding door.
Speaker 2: All right, that's what we call a sliding door.
Speaker 14: Yes, so it's it's.
Speaker 15: On a track.
Speaker 14: We've lived in this house for five years.
Speaker 15: We rent.
Speaker 14: It's on a track, and the whole time we've lived there, it always comes off the track.
Speaker 15: I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 14: I've literally gotten up on top of it with the screw driver taken the top of it after try and fix it.
Speaker 2: They can be really fliby tracks and not exactly like solid tram lines. Are they? No?
Speaker 14: But the worst party is like the day I gave up on it is because it got stuck and I got stuck inside the shower.
Speaker 2: Awful bad place to be stuck inside the shower, stuck left, but you're naked and cold.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I'm yelling out to my husband for about half an hour, and I just I cannot get out of the shower.
Speaker 2: So what have you got? Do you now have some sort of like safety procedure in there, or what do you do to take someone in with you? How you prize your way out?
Speaker 14: No, I just shower with half the door.
Speaker 2: Love, that's a perfect fix. That's great. You love rentals.
Speaker 5: Look, I needed this.
Speaker 6: I needed to get my angry out. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Christian, right a pleasure, Hannah, have a good day. I hope that helped.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, Good morning. I've just got to work. Earlier, we were talking about morning hacks to make your morning routine flow easier. I'm a teacher. The night before, I make my coffee, then put it in the microwave, leave it in the overnight first scene to wake it up. Otherwise if I'm using the kettle, oh kettle, why kettles? Christians so loud, chirs, they are really really loudstorm all right. So it is eight days to go until curtain's up on our high school musical for grown ups who never got a speaking part back in the day. We're doing our very own version of Greece, setting it in the eighties here in Australia. Get ready for Grouse the Musical.
Speaker 16: What you heard Avery Holly reasons.
Speaker 2: It's not a failure. The cast is even all right. So with eight days to go late on today, the cast will be getting the script tomorrow night. They have their first online zoom table read, just like actual shows have. So we've got the Sannies, We've got the Dannies, we've got the Pink Ladies. However, just as we're doing a tally yesterday, I'm sure Lloyd Webber you know they went in like a week before before they go. We're missing a couple don't even know. Have a Phantom of the opera? Guys, Hello, anyone in McFly Beulah, Beulah. We just went They got the pink Ladies. We're missing two tea birds, guys, do another count?
Speaker 7: Well, this is what happens when you let people choose their own past. It's not going to be perfect.
Speaker 2: No one's writing it down all right. So at the moment there is a gaping T bird hole. We need two T birds. Do you want to be in our musical? So this is how we're going to give them away. During the next twenty five minutes, the two t bird characters. The whole reason why we're doing this. This is a makeover. If you didn't get a speaking part back in the day, maybe we're just like the wind or a dooor something humiliating like that. You went from the audition and they went, do you know what? You're not speaking, you're not singing, you're not even moving. Actually, you're just a door. So if you had a horrible experience back at school with your high school player or high school musical, this is exactly who we want to be one of our tea birds. We'll give you the lines. It doesn't matter if you don't even memorize them. Of eight days. Okay, you can read the script, it doesn't matter. We just wanted to get up on stage and get to enjoy what you didn't do ten twenty thirty years ago. Jack. How many lines do they actually get? Because I know you've been going through the script there. How many is it, mate?
Speaker 7: You'll get about ten lines, zero to ten. It's a decent chunk of a You can't have a part in the play. No, you're not Danny, but you're not a rock.
Speaker 2: Lovely way to sell it to them. That's a nice and motivational like the direction I was taking here. It's a decent chunk, all right. You ain't one of the stars, so don't get any big ideas, don't get all diva on the line. But also your name ta birds. The patriarchy still rules to show around here, all right. So if you want to be one of the tea birds, give us a call.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: Just tell us what you were back in the day at school, in your high school play or musical. If you want an inanimate object, something terrible, we want to change all that put you in the play as a tea bird.
Speaker 3: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: So anytime this morning, ladies, give us a call. No audition for our high school musical for grown ups who never got a great speaking part. You can have a makeover. You can be one of the tea birds. We've got lines for you. Rehearsal start tomorrow night. You can take a piece of paper on stage at your next Thursday to read out the lines that you were denied as a kid. So anytime. The last two remaining spots we've got in ground else the musical of our two Tea Birds. So it's nine four one four one oh, four to three. All right, let's talk about childhood now and the things that you weren't allowed as a kid, because, as you're going to find out as a parent, Jack, sometimes you make up these random rules because constantly parent is a endless sease of demands and opinions which you've had no time to sit down and form. Even yesterday, it was like, I want to outstide it with some friends for lunch, and I need some advance of my pocket money. How much you happen to give me? I'm like, oh God, what's the wrong answer. Where's where's your mom? What does she saynd this honest? I might pens I'm the VP. I am I in charge of the over office, vowel on for and she knows that we are at take crisis point right now. My wife is going away with is going a girl's weekend tomorrow, so both the kids know four easy days coming up. He's going to like Chris money, Christmas is coming and he won't be to keep tabs go and ask in the same question twice. They think it's a brand new day. You can drive my car. He must be twenty five now.
Speaker 7: As a kid, I felt like I had a long list of things that I was never allowed and I'm finding out now as my mum's babysitting Gordy a couple of times a week. She sent her photo of him yesterday in one of those mechanical cars that you get at the supermarket hours of fun. I was never not once in my childhood was I given two dollars to put in that one of those mechanical cars. I was allowed to sit in them all I want and use.
Speaker 2: Would you get Vertigo or something?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no. It was totally about cost saving. So I could sit in the car.
Speaker 4: They're about twenty cents, yes.
Speaker 7: But I was able to use my imagination.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you always see that poor kid just satish. And now that's jacked the origin story. He's in that plane, it's not taken off.
Speaker 7: Thirty years later, I see that that rule has been lifted. Gord He's allowed to have two dollars in the mechanical.
Speaker 2: Car, Golden grandson.
Speaker 4: I feel, oh wow.
Speaker 7: There was a lot of costs saving measures when I was a kid. There was. I was never allowed to have the mechanical car. Whenever we went to the footy, I was not allowed to have food there. We were only allowed packed sandwiches from home. Oh no, And anytime we went to a restaurant, there was no looking at the dessert menu.
Speaker 2: I feel like we need to give you a do over, right, like a fairest builder's Jackstay off is a kid, I'll take you to them all would cram you into one of those old I mean six and five old again, and don't once rush to have a little that. We get little moons around and they're so mild, aren't they. They just sort of tilt a bit and the lights flash and he press buttons that don't even work or do anything like that. But then we get so.
Speaker 7: Then we go to the MCG. You pay nine dollars for chips and you wouldn't complain about it.
Speaker 2: This is cheap half the rice.
Speaker 7: Then we go eat at a restaurant and we're allowed to Yes, we will look at the dessert menu, all right.
Speaker 2: Day off. I'm going to make this happen when the footage seasons come back. Perhapsy, what were you denied or not allowed to have as a kid.
Speaker 4: I desperately wanted boot roller skates, desperately wanted them all my friends roller boots, just the the cheepot version.
Speaker 2: Cramp.
Speaker 4: That's what I got, and they had lacers on the top of them, and they were so bung, but I wanted the proper white as in bustard.
Speaker 2: Means something else.
Speaker 4: I'm not aware of.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me what it means. It's very very rude.
Speaker 4: I do apologize that.
Speaker 2: Probably to Sexy Lamb. But anyway, so you were denied those as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I couldn't have boot roller skates. Mum was a nurse and her excuse used to be I've seen far too many casualties with people in roller skates. You'll fall over and you'll snap your leg in half.
Speaker 7: But whether you're strapping them to your shoe or they're built in, what difference, the exactly the same risk.
Speaker 2: You're not picking up great speed either of those things. Those kids, especially with those ones like that, you're sort of dawdling along like your club he did. You're not picking up any momentum whatsoever.
Speaker 4: We had a big local skate scene in our town, and in a country town, it's like one of the few things to.
Speaker 2: Do, so it was tag skate scenes.
Speaker 7: Skate scene we are.
Speaker 2: About all those inbred brothers bringing their banjos, playing as they skated.
Speaker 4: I used to take the tie up ones and all my friends had boot ones, and I looked ridiculous.
Speaker 7: That's why you have to move out of the country.
Speaker 2: And Chris, take me away from this show me a better life for gross the music coming to the region theater next year. Book Now, all right, So what were you not allowed or denied as a kid.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Christian Kyl's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Took the about what we were not allowed as a kid. Chat was saying how it was never allowed to go on there, you know, in the shopping malls of shopping centers. He got the little mechanical rides for very small kids.
Speaker 7: Oh it's allowed on it. I just wasn't allowed to experience enjoy.
Speaker 2: The rise, Christian. I saw a dad who had two kids sitting one of those shopping center little cars, shaking it from side to side to save a few must have been Jack's old man. That is shocking, Chris, thank you very much that Christian. Please tell Pats I fell in pain with the roller skates. This is song Karen Lloyd. I really wanted the white boot ones. I got those awful metal ones with the straps that would expand as my feet grew yep cost cutting a messure from my parents. Christian Tim he wasn't allowed as the kids are yo yo. Most of the kids has those flash ones that had auto free spin. I got the basic wooden one. The wooden ones would terrible. Christian. We were growing up as one of five kids. We weren't allowed potato chips. The only time they appeared in the house was when it was one of our birthdays. Christian. I was never allowed to watch TV as a kid or have any drink that wasn't watered down.
Speaker 7: Actually, we had a friend like that. Every time you went to his house. You have to have water down orange.
Speaker 2: Really really tepid. It was barely just like a teaspoon of the actual essence.
Speaker 4: Of it make it stretch across homeopathic.
Speaker 7: Of orange.
Speaker 2: Christian. As a parent, I told my kids that parents aren't allowed to put money in the rise at shopping centers. Only grandparents can do that. That's from Jane. It's gonna Irene here, good morning, Irene. What weren't you allowed as a kid?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 6: Christian and the kid I wanted a pair of Levi Jane and my month soldd She went out bought the dinner and actually sowed me a pair, god bless, which I actually never wore.
Speaker 2: What do you mean sold you a pair, just made you a pair?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she used to work in a clothing factory, so she went out, bought some dinner and yep, a pair of jeans.
Speaker 7: Did she have like the pattern for le.
Speaker 6: No, no pattern, just leave just jeans, blue jeans, denim.
Speaker 4: And I didn't have the you know you need the This is when it was all about the sort of invasion of American brands.
Speaker 6: Into So I was, yeah, poor old Diarne at high school and you know there was I was European. There was a lot of you know, Australian girls. And yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Never ever want to school.
Speaker 6: No, nope.
Speaker 2: Iren, thank you very much for you called us get a league. Good morning Lee, Good morning guys.
Speaker 17: A kid, I had the unfortunate situation where I really wanted a pair of skate shoes, you know, a big my top globes Hitney's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was a period Lee. You probably met my ash where we loved his kids enormous shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And so I was at my dad for years to buy me something. Eventually he got around to it, and the day he bought it, I threw a big tantrum. I can't remember what it was about, but I threw a big tantrum. And so he took the brand new pair of shoes and he made me throw them in the Viney's bin.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is on the day that he bought them. This could change a person.
Speaker 17: I'll tell you what I learned my lesson.
Speaker 2: I sure those emotions down. That's the lesson out that that is brutal stuff from your dad. There are you are?
Speaker 18: Dad?
Speaker 2: Now? Yeah? I am.
Speaker 17: Actually I've got one and one on the way.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet you don't lead. There's no way would you do that to your kids?
Speaker 17: I don't think I could. I cry.
Speaker 2: You maybe go do the old. Don't made me go love Vinnie's been nigger. You ain't doing that half.
Speaker 17: Would you like to hear the kicker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on, couple litter.
Speaker 17: He took me back to get them. They opened the bin and I hadn't put him in correctly. So the next person that came along after me got a brand new pair of shoes and I didn't get any.
Speaker 2: That's a horrible kicker.
Speaker 17: I wanted you to go with a lesson, but he wasn't that main.
Speaker 4: I feel trauma for you.
Speaker 2: Seriously, we're getting second and passive trauma.
Speaker 7: The rollercoaster. You're up.
Speaker 2: There's so much going on in this. Thank you very much for sharony. Have a good day, no drama.
Speaker 3: See the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The life had been a grown up day to day, there's a lot of a lot of it is actually just undignified and a constant series of mild and severe humiliations. This is what it is to actually be a grown up. Perry has a story here which you can just fine under undignified.
Speaker 16: So I've recently started going to the gym, and obviously when you first start going it is a difficult slog. And I tried to do some apps.
Speaker 2: A guy who's got like a months old how many months old is your is your kid four months old? Wow? That is not my story. When I when the kid was four months old, I was starting working out three times a week. That got put on hold.
Speaker 7: I'd like to see the rest of the month.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, but anyway, carry on anyway.
Speaker 16: So I was doing some ad workouts in my first session and we're okay, but then a couple of days later, I woke up for work at four in the morning, and my stomach was so sore that I could not move, and I started to slowly try and rock out of bed. I couldn't sit myself up, and my wife felt me trying to move out of bed, so she started to give me the old her.
Speaker 2: Right itself stranded on the beach. Yeap, Oh that is undignified or very that is horrible. All right, So we're looking for what store have you got when you were just in a moment in life where it was just undignified. No judgments here, Christian no Connell's show podcast, All right, what is your undignified moment? For me? It's a couple of years ago. It's the morning after my wife's fiftieth when I killed my back trying to lift a couch by myself. I had a hangover. I should have waited for support. I thought, I'll just get this done one there's thing to do. I had a terrible hangover, my back I just ping. Something something very bad happened and I had to not just take a knee, I had to actually go to the floor, lie down the floor half an hour age I still couldn't get up, and my wife said, I think we need to call the paramedics. Went, I'll be fine, it's just given another half an hour. She rang the non emergency number and they said, can your husband get up? Unaided to go to the toilet, and I said, to my sort of not forgo. Actually I can't do that. Had to ask for a bowl so that I could lean over on the side of the front room floor. I said to please do it the other way. I just needed to go to the toilet. I just needed something I can put under myself. And the bowl isn't relevant. I just at thefied moment it was actually a salad ball. Patsy hasn't been replaced. Sometimes when mother in law comes around, I go, that's the bowl, and I feel so good. That's the apple side of vinega Jackie. That's undignified. When you're lying on your own lounge from floor on your side, go and look away, look away to your wife so you can go to the toilet.
Speaker 7: And I guess then it's her job to pick the ball, take the boy away.
Speaker 2: And chuck it out in the garden. Then I had to go call the paramedics. Will down my own house on on those trolleys, neighbors looking on where you don't you look? All right?
Speaker 7: You see what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, all right? So what is your undignified moment? Four one four one four three. And so far this sweek, we haven't given away one thousand dollars for our call of the week, so your undignified sharing could win you in It' still one thousand dollars this morning on the show.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Undignified Moments in Life. That's still we're only up the lines right now nine four one four one oh four three. Often during the show there are so many of you calling in to share your stories. Everyone's on the phone is trying to take your calls to work out the good ones to share, so with all the producers, and Jack does that as well. To Jack to actually find out of all the thousands that we were calling in right now, not one but two on the bounce, defecation stories says more about what you're putting out to the universe. I think Jack twice he's gone, hang on, I just check with Chris, crap their pads on count Okay, it's all but and then he does this one and but email him. He'd love to read that later on tonight in the comfort is their own home. Email him and wasting.
Speaker 7: All right, so just to let you know there are none of those will go.
Speaker 2: To well, but he needed to check with the supervisor. All right. So Undignified life Moments nine four one four one O four three Raquel, Good morning, Good morning, all right, Raquel, your undignified life moment. What happened?
Speaker 9: I was traveling home on the train from work, just stuttling all my work here that altogether a seat on the train, got a seat sat down, people looking at me a bit oddly, and I was wondering if it was because though jealous, I had to seat there standing and more people got on the train, people sort of looking at me, and I was thinking, okay, what's going on here? Got off the train at the end of my journey, which was probably that now to forty five minutes later, walked to my car, got in the car, pulled down the visor. I note, that's something in my face. And then I noticed that one of the lensers had popped out of my sunglasses. And I have not noticed I'm trying all that way.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so what the only really was just one of those days when you're in your own head you just don't even know what's really going on.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it.
Speaker 9: Was just three dollar Bali sunglasses.
Speaker 2: That probably.
Speaker 7: Your ability to see that one eye shaded and one eye is off.
Speaker 9: But I didn't really been in.
Speaker 2: The races all day. That's the sort of image that defines it. There's the police have been pushed over and there's a lady with only one ray ban. That's remarkable.
Speaker 9: I'm blaming Bali.
Speaker 7: Why are all these half shaded people looking at me?
Speaker 2: Raquel. That's a great story. Thank you very much for sharing, mate. Have a good day, Thank you, Mick. Good morning, Mick. What is your undignified life moment?
Speaker 10: Hi? Guys, here we go and we're good.
Speaker 2: So what have you got mate?
Speaker 10: Well, I was working on nursery a number of years ago, trimming some trees up a ladder when I slipped and behind it was a six foot star picket. Now it glanced off my wallet in my back pocket, ripped through the back of my trousers and behind my belt. So I ended up on the ground standing up with a six foot star picket through the back of my pants and the only way to extricate myself was to remove my boots and my trousers.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's your story, just as I was getting me trouser down, that's your storing the stick in to it.
Speaker 2: You're on a path with a group of customers, your own petard.
Speaker 13: I didn't who didn't wived?
Speaker 10: And I had to explain myself in the office later on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet Yeah, the tribunal.
Speaker 7: It sounds like a poor story by the time I got to ask.
Speaker 2: Been too polished. If you ask me, we perva all right, Thanks, mit your life PERV moments tomorrow on the show now.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you love your job? It's such a joy to hear how much joy and love people have for what, if ever it's they do in life. And people have the last couple of weeks jobs where they're finding joy in sometimes very extreme situations. And there's something really special about hearing those who being witness to it. So if you love your jobs, give us a call this morning till I saw about it. Nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Carol. Good now, I understand in about five minutes time the joy that you have for your job. You need to go and do it, so I won't delay you too long. What is it you love doing, Carol?
Speaker 19: Well, I work on a school passing at summers on the morning to Peninsulo, and I have the beautiful children. I've been at this crossing for fourteen years, so I've see the children go from sometimes kindergarten right through the sixth grade and sometimes under high school and university.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what a journey you must go on them.
Speaker 19: Oh, just wonderful.
Speaker 2: So you've been doing it for fourteen years at this school year, so I've.
Speaker 19: Done been a crossing supervisor for about fifteen years and I just love it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's lovely to hear. So you start to work a couple of in his time.
Speaker 13: Here's at fifteen.
Speaker 2: And what is it you like? You like being a friendly sort of presence and a face to the kids in the morning.
Speaker 19: Yes, And if I'm feeling a bit down in the morning, when by the time I've talked to a couple of the kids, I feel wonderful.
Speaker 2: That's lovely.
Speaker 19: It's just lovely. They're just beautiful children, lovely parents. And oh and I've got a big ads there on Sunday. If anyone's interested in Summer's primary school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not.
Speaker 19: It's a big arch spear.
Speaker 10: It's some really well known lovely carol.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. You give us a call and good luck at work today.
Speaker 19: Oh sir, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks God, Let's go to Jackie. Good morning Jackie. You love your job.
Speaker 11: I do, Christian. I'm so fortunate that I am working as part of a volunteer coordinator for the Age Care Volunteer Visitor Scheme. So I get to pair beautiful volunteers with people in our age care society.
Speaker 2: To tell me more about that. So they go and see old people at home or in care centers. What happens?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, They need to be either in an age care facility or living independently in their own home, and they get the benefit of having a lovely friendship volunteers to go and visit them once a fortnite.
Speaker 2: And if people listen to this, right, they might be semi retired or they'd like to do something like that. What do they need to do? How can they volunteer to be part of that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well it's a it's a new scheme started on the first of July. They can look it up for Google. It's the Aged Care Volunteer Visitor Scheme and there's lots of links there and we advertise on seek Volunteer. Many people don't know and they can apply to be a companion for one of these lovely people off and they're lonely and may not have family. So it's a really beautiful program.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lovely thing to do. Honestly. The way that the elderly are treated sometimes is terrible. They are sort of dumped and people don't go and see them and whatever for whatever reason. But I think it'd be a lovely thing if people have the time that they can actually go and do that and chat to someone and have a cup of tea with them and just hear theo's stories that they've still got in them as well.
Speaker 4: The other thing they do, my father has early Alzheimer's and the other thing that these people do that go into the home, I've got to say is they give the care a break because it's so full on. It's twenty four cents and so it just, yeah, it just gives my mom a break to be able to just go and get a haircut or something, so that yeah, they're playing such valuable roles in our communities every day.
Speaker 2: Jackie, good on you for what you are, what you and your team do. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thanks Christian, Well, Christian no Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're asking you let me do every Wednesday. Now. Do you love your job? If you do? Share it with us all. There's something infectious about hearing how much joy people have for what they do in life. Kevin is one of those guys. Kevin White, Christian. Let me tell you about my job. I do gardening for the elderly still living at home on the home care packages. I try cutting out my days because of my health issues, but missed doing my job so much i went back to full time. I love seeing the elderly, listen to their stories and drinking so much tea and coffee cake. Hey, listen, if you got any more coffee cake lefto. I love coffee cake. Let's get to Nicole here. Good morning Nicole, Oh, good morning Christian. Now Nicole, what do you do that you love so much? Mate?
Speaker 17: I'm a mobile dog groomer.
Speaker 2: And Nicole, what do you love that? Have you been doing it long?
Speaker 5: I've started in the pandemic in like twenty twenty and yeah, I absolutely love it. It's the best job and I'll be doing it for the rest of my life, until I'm one hundred.
Speaker 2: And what is it you like about it? What did you do before? Is it obviously the last couple of years then for your life?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so before I sat in an office and you know, I just did admin staff And now I'm active. I'm out every day, you know, raining, sunny, and I get to talk to clients, which I love. I love my clients, and I also love the doggies. They are just so beautiful.
Speaker 2: How is that you be happy to washing the clients?
Speaker 5: The clients are great because they like yesterday, you know, worked all day. They know I'm busy, you know, they get it, and they give me coffee, they give me cakes, So give me if.
Speaker 2: You're getting a good sublime tea coffee cake. It's so good in the world. You need to sort that out here and during the show, Actually, and what's the name of your business.
Speaker 5: It's called Honey and the Pooch. Honey because my name's Nicole Honey.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say you the honey. It would it come across as creepy if I went and you were and you the honey, so honey in the pooch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I work in your area, so I'm off to Hampton now, Oh, lovely.
Speaker 2: Giant look out for you. And have you got that little the little toe a long truck thing? Yes, I have that dog's always looking out over like a horse thing. Isn't it that face there? While they've been hair dried? The hairdressers? And what have you got today? What clients? You got a coup of Dashians and kavoodles if it's around there?
Speaker 5: What have you got a lot of cavoodles? To the King Charles Cavalier a bordello or something? In writing?
Speaker 2: Do you mean an actual bord dams?
Speaker 5: This is this is a border Collie poodle.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of such a thing, Nicole.
Speaker 7: Do you charge on size of dog? If yeah, Christians say little toy poodle Reggie? Is he a lot cheaper than the German shepherd?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I'll tell you what we got dog groomers, right, they're very good. It's two of them. Bloody take ages though, I mean, just give them a not spray with the hose and a little shampoo and chuck them back on the house. Now, and a half doing them and like giving them a hack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it takes about like come, I've got it down to an hour and a half now.
Speaker 2: I mean we don't even get This is human grooming, by the way, but.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of care of you know, I say to my clients, I work on dog time. Okay, so I don't have human time. I have dog time.
Speaker 7: And that's seven years to every one of our years.
Speaker 2: Seven dollars charge on dog money as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, you know it's you know, it's a hard job. I've got to do anal glands.
Speaker 2: Sorry again, I'm lushy.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, don't grab your clothes, cakes, you.
Speaker 5: Get pooed on, you get weed on, and you know it's but you know, I come home smelling like a dog and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, honey, in the pooch, good lack, thank you very much than anal glands. We got it.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show, Tiny Davis, Christian, Jack and bats So used to listen to your show when I lived in Geelong, But I moved to Sydney eighteen months ago and today I've only just realized I can still listen live to you on the iHeart Free app. Tanya, We've been missing you. Welcome back to the show. There's something I've been missing over the last eighteen months and you're back. Welcome back, Tania Davis. Dan, you love your job? What do you do? Mate?
Speaker 13: Hey Christian? How are you hello?
Speaker 2: Mate? Welcome to the show. So what do you love? Dan? What do you do?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 13: Well, I'm a magician and a window cleaner. I'm self employed and the two different types of activities sort of it. It's in well with me.
Speaker 2: So I would love it if my window cleaner went, is this your card through the window? Do you do that?
Speaker 3: Last way?
Speaker 2: The one clean?
Speaker 7: But both I would say, have gloves something that's.
Speaker 2: So Dan, give yourself a plug? So is the is there the magician on the side at the moment you'd like it to become full time?
Speaker 13: The magician is more full time than the window cleaning, because, especially from now till Christmas, it starts getting I start getting a lot of bookings through the week, a lot of corporate bookings and family.
Speaker 2: The windows of Melbourne. When is David Copperfield coming back?
Speaker 7: I didn't realize the magicians had a hot period of the year.
Speaker 2: I thought it was all year round seasonal work.
Speaker 13: You rend on the weekends, but weekdays it's mostly from October till December.
Speaker 2: I love that. Now whenever I see a window clean, I'm going to go, as a magician what they do and they got this s bad day the ladder on that. Let's start. If people do want to book you, where they find you?
Speaker 13: Mate, amazing, mister twist.
Speaker 2: Do you think amazing is the most common so prefits for a magician. I saw the amazing bubble Man years ago at a festival.
Speaker 13: Yeah it is, Yeah, it is, absolutely, but it just seems to fit with the mister twist. So I started off doing balloon twisting yep, as in mister Twist. But you know, then started developing magic as I went on.
Speaker 2: Because if I hired you and all it was was more giraffes and that little dog, I'm going Dan, get the cars and get the cars. Where are the doves? Where's the Yeah? Absolutely doves.
Speaker 13: Actually what I work with most. I worked with doves appearing and disappearing and amazing stuff with doves. Amazing should stop saying.
Speaker 2: That he got too business there, right, got amazing, mister Twists. And what about amazing mister doves? Nothing I got nothing. So, yeah, look you were still doing stuff with doves. I thought the magic world had moved on now it was still more close up work and illusions.
Speaker 13: No, no, well I use doves a lot. You know, there'll be like a little fire flash of doves appears, he disappears, and he jumps out of a picture, picture of fame of it like a painting.
Speaker 2: Where do you keep the duves? Do you look up the duves? Or are they somewhere else? They sort of someone else?
Speaker 13: The secret, little secret little places here and there?
Speaker 2: What around the house?
Speaker 13: Oh the hell, No, I've got avery.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I want to say, you're get at your shoes out there on the flipping dub in there, the hats. You're going down his house and flipping doves everywhere you lift up the toilet seat, doves in there.
Speaker 13: Well, they say that the the quirky magician uses a feather is quirky, but the perverted magician will use the whole duve.
Speaker 2: That's a whole different market for you if you want to do that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I get a little bit of a market there too.
Speaker 2: Not to find that more, but just not on a family show, all.
Speaker 13: Right, yeah, the family shows. Yeah, that's not in the family show.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think I want to know where he lies the doves? All right, Dan, good on you. Okay, the amazing mister twist everyone and he disappears. Carl Brighter.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: There are many, many, many great things from the Barbie movie. One of them is my teenage daughters have rediscovered match Box twenty and Rob Thomas. It's amazing. I keep hearing them playing this and push and I never saw that coming out the TikTok generation. On the Time Wasted Today, you and five mates great prizes every day this week on our time Waster, You and five mates off to see Red Hot Summer Tour with Susie Cron Show, Cheap Trick, loads more, all out of Rochard Winery again, Yarrow Valley, March seventeenth, next year, tick has gone sell tomorrow a ticketmaster, but you can win your tickets right now. Giving us the best and show on today's Time Waster Today is not, but let's go with it. Why not? We all enjoyed a little bit of fantasy Today's world, Stay fancy day. Please listeners, we know you just never change. Stay fancy, keep cleaning those windows and doing magic tricks with doves. A nationwide survey by Prospectus Global. We all know that periodical revealed the top five signs that size posh. We pluck this from which corner of the dark web? Top five signs that someone is posh? What do we think? Clear sign? Someone's a posha.
Speaker 7: I have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is someone doesn't want to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like materialistic things. A fancy car would be top of my list.
Speaker 2: It's not a number five loose leaf tea instead of tea bags any moost do that.
Speaker 4: Ta bag all the way?
Speaker 2: Too messy? The fridge has a nice dispenser. You ask someone what school they went to. Number two there's only one person on the show. That is Ria from Sydney. You can ski with those Salomon skis. And number one this is a clear one. You call your parents Mummy and Daddy. The other one is Papa Papa. All right. So we're looking for your fancy movies today on World whoa Stay fancy today? Fancy movies? When Prince Harry met Sally Silver, Actually I don't think he's got that much money anymore? Is he taking it all from grandmother? Dude? Where's my caviat gold? Croquet dundee gold? That's not a mallet if you know, you know croquet fans. Oh Butler, Where art thou? Oh Butler, where art thou?
Speaker 7: Silver?
Speaker 2: Horton his a wo Horton and singing in the range drover silver? All right, jackie boy? What are the pos shows?
Speaker 7: Watching Salem's yacht?
Speaker 2: Very good struts? Why not? Unimportsy that's a gold.
Speaker 7: This one's very posh. Yeah, bend it like Victoria Beckham, the original posh bice. Yeah, no, bit too clever for this audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, silver plus sonic the hedge fund.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's gold, very good.
Speaker 7: And snake's on the pointy end of the plane. They're in first class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the old explainer. It's the punchline. All right. That's poor man's gold is bronze? All right? What have you got them? Fancy movies Textus yours oh four seventy five three one O four three were mark them in five minutes time? Fancy movies.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Billy Ida Rebel Yell, Christian O'Connell showing gold time waster. Today, we're looking for your posh movies. Make a movie. Fancy you and five charms off to Red Hot Summers all Live. So I've been doing during that song? All right, what are the pos shows watching? Let's find out? Throw Mummy from the train, Silver plus some Hayley, Edward Polo hands gold, a mile Hi Ti Silver, Mommy and Daddy Daycare Silver, Anthony Welder, Edward t Cozy hands, Bronze, Edward Swanky hands, Oh Hello, Gold Along Caviare Spider Silver, slum Dog Billionaire Silver, upgraded Posha Curious Case of Benjamin Bugatti Gold. That's what mercians you. How to lose a gentleman in ten days? Bronze, Juice, Bigelow, Polo Gigglow. There we go. That's it, pull, well done, Pompenheimer.
Speaker 7: Pompenheimer, very good.
Speaker 2: Gold, Edward pearl handled scissor hands.
Speaker 7: Is that a common object?
Speaker 4: Bronze?
Speaker 2: It it feels like.
Speaker 7: Something you made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Silence to the Lamborghinis. Silver tangle and Cashmere, Oh my gosh, facial off gold. That's very good. Li Smith fac is very good. Opelheimer. Oh gold, that is brilliant, Sonia, Well done. I'm a getting a Butler bronze forget about. We brought a zoo, we brought a golf simulator. You and I know someone one of those reservoir corgies. Good enough for the Queen Claire, Well done, and bend it like Buckingham Gold all right? Who is off with five charms to red hot Summits?
Speaker 7: All live Sonya and her chums for Opelheimer.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 3: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Won't we return tomorrow morning? We will be back with our search for your killer facts and what the Facts?
Speaker 18: What the Fat is a little segment where we will judge your back.
Speaker 2: What the fact? Babby? All right? Last week on what the Facts some of our favorite ones.
Speaker 15: Did you know that female capsicum have four bumps on the underside and males only have three? And just like women, you know, females are sweeter.
Speaker 2: Fascinating.
Speaker 6: Nobody's actually allergic to kafa.
Speaker 13: Instead, they're actually allergic to cats aliva, which they of course use the groom themselves.
Speaker 2: Fascinating.
Speaker 17: Well, Christian, you so how big Australia is?
Speaker 13: Well, if you go around one way and it's two thousand kilometers less than the other way.
Speaker 2: Fascinating. You have a question about that.
Speaker 7: Hearing that back we should have at the time, But that has to be wrong. Two thousand kilometers you saved by going on the inside lane, is what he was claiming. That's got to be wrong.
Speaker 2: What have you found out about that now?
Speaker 4: Jack is actually right, It's only a difference of twenty meters going the other way around.
Speaker 7: To think in two thousand k's is like Melbourne to cams.
Speaker 2: But I thought that that it's so big the country kind of made sense last week. We all let it slide.
Speaker 7: Yes, no, we congratulated him and padded him on the back, but you get halfway around the country essentially with two thousand k's.
Speaker 2: All right, so to on the show. Then we're looking for your kidder facts or indeed made up facts like that one.
Speaker 7: There will be just back checked tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's just twenty meters.
Speaker 7: Literally, nineteen point seven meters.
Speaker 2: And here's the amazing thing, right, this is the biggest radio station in Melbourne. This is the biggest breakfast show in the morning Melbourne. We all just let that slide last week. I haven't been in five years. You went, yep, that seems le jit and it's only jack to be fair just now, it's writes, Hang on a minute, guys. A solid six days later, there's there's no way that adds up. It's just twenty meters.
Speaker 7: It's still still a fun fact, nowhere near what he claims.
Speaker 2: It's not fascinating. All right, We're back tomorrow with vaguely half assed facts. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot a you.
Speaker 3: Christian o'connells Show podcast