Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. It's f F. You're on cater and we have another installment of the Life of Karen. As I said, I myself confessed to Karen. Is it true? Yes, it's true. In some respects, I am trying to eradicate some of the Karen behaviors, but also I need to be true to who I am and what's in.
Speaker 2: The stris and effect. The more attention you draw to it, the bigger it gets. Like maybe before you were like a dormant Karen, but now you are a capital k Aaren. You know what.
Speaker 1: I just feel like people equate Karens to people who listen to Pink and I equate that to people who are mums, and I'm sick of it. It's a gender inclusion. I want more inclusion for Karens. It's a broad it's a broad broad way of life for a lot of people. Okay, so leave them out of it. Throwing a passive aggressive social cue my way. I always ignore it. Only respond to the words that passive aggressive people say. So if someone says I'm fine, I'm fine, it's whatever. Okay, they're fine. It's whatever, respond only to the words that they say now the tone they see them in. I go on TikTok and I find this video thinking, wow, flax, it's gonna find this really really insightful. So when someone says to you.
Speaker 2: No, I got it, I definitely got it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you see the value in that?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of, Like when I'm interacting with passive aggressive people and I don't think I do it that often, or I feel like I'm more likely to just call somebody out to vary degrees of success. Like if i feel like someone's being passive aggressive, I'm like, what's with the attitude, right, which is not helpful because they're gonna double down and be like I have attitude. I'll be like, well you are. You just rolled your eyes and I'd be like, no, no, I didn't, and then you're just now angry, which is more productive than the passive aggression because now it's been acknowledged and now you get to adjust your attitude because you know I clocked it right. I like this in theory, but I feel like the solution to more passive aggression isn't more passive aggression, because because do.
Speaker 1: You think that's passive aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm trying to imagine situations where somebody would be passive aggressive and if I'm giving them the fit, the doubt and like you don't feel safe or comfortable to express how you feel, so like shouldn't I feel like what would be what would make more sense is to recognize the invitation to inquire gently, not to just like dismiss. I don't really know if that would work for the party, because you know they're lying and now they're kind of like, I don't know if it's effective in the real world. This was like an internet like an internet take that like lives in like a fake scenario.
Speaker 1: You know what she had us listening?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's great to start the conversation. But for example, for me, if you if this morning you were like, hell are you babe? And I was like, ugh, fine, obviously I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, what have I done?
Speaker 2: You're like okay? Would you be like okay cool? No, you'd be like, clearly she's not in a good mood. I'm not going to like dismiss that because she won't acknowledge it. I don't know what is the best case scenario.
Speaker 1: But like I guess maybe it's when someone is like being passive aggressive to you in a way that they are doing it on purpose and they've got no real reason to, like they're just trying to be manipulative. If you don't want to play into the games, like maybe they're a bit of a bully or they're trying to toy with your emotions.
Speaker 2: Then like you're not taking the bait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's essentially not taking the bait. And because sometimes I think when you're not taking the bait, it can come across like you're taking the bait double down. Whereas if you just respond and try and keep it cool and you just mimic their tone like a bird, use your listening, like what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Like a minor?
Speaker 1: Like a minor.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I think we can workshop that one a little bit. I'm happy to try it. I just don't where are the passive versts of people. They do not talk around me. I'm not I just don't feel like I'm the right audience for passive agress. They're a bit too scared. Yeah, just ignore me because you don't want the smoke, and I don't want the smoke either, you know, simple as that give it.
Speaker 1: That you've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune Inticater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.