Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: It's me artsimone, and I have a very special skill judging people. In fact, I'm so good at it, I've managed to wrangle a podcast.
Speaker 1: Out of it. Can you believe?
Speaker 2: Now? I sit down with regular, every day, sometimes very drab looking people, and I judge them so hard and July I figure out what they're concealing from us.
Speaker 1: Who knows what today will bring.
Speaker 2: It might be juicy, it might be freaky, or it might be very private.
Speaker 1: Let's find out roll the tide.
Speaker 3: Hi, am Amy. I'm thirty years old and I currently reside in Sydney. I'm a Gemini and I also have an identical twin sister. I have a law degree and I work very long and odd hours, sometimes very early in the morning to around midnight, whatever it takes to get the job done. My job takes up a lot of times, so I don't have much time for anything else. But I am considering something that is very private about me.
Speaker 1: All right, hallo, Amy, how are you? Yeah? Good?
Speaker 3: Thanks? Thanks for having me today.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks for.
Speaker 2: Coming on down now. I've never seen you before in my life. This is my first time laying eyes on you. So you're seeing in front of me you look nice and cozy in a nice little jumper. You've got your big glasses on. Does that mean are they prescription?
Speaker 3: They are definitely prescriptions.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I know some people that wear them just for aesthetics, and as someone that has to wear glasses, I find that appropriation of my culture.
Speaker 1: Enjoy those eyeballs while you have that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's absolutely anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, with glasses, got to jumper, beautiful, smile, brown hair, stunning.
Speaker 1: All right, law, So you've studied law or you're still studying.
Speaker 3: I have completed my degree.
Speaker 2: Technically, like you're a lawyer. Technically, yes, but that's not what you're concealing from me.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so all right, and what type of law do you special arts in? Me?
Speaker 3: I don't practice law at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh did you have to specialize in a certain area when you were studying?
Speaker 3: No, so I did a Bachelor of Laws. It's just you study different types of law. Taught law, contract law to basic law in university and then I did the mission to the Supreme Court as a solicitor. But I didn't get my practicing certificate.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: I don't know what any of that says. But I've met Geina Aliano and she wears a funny hat.
Speaker 1: So and you have.
Speaker 2: An identical twins sister, I do. Okay, now what's that like? How has that been for you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what, I had a bit of an identity crisis when I was growing up. They would say, you know, are you Amy or Mel? And I'll be like, it's it's Amy, Like oh well, same thing.
Speaker 1: You sit out there, you dare you?
Speaker 3: Exactly right?
Speaker 1: Interchangeable. I'm not the spare.
Speaker 3: I was not the Spare, yeah exactly. I tried my best to do something absolutely different to my twin sister in terms of career choice everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All I think it was like the Veronicas and one went blonde and I still don't know which ones which, which is probably not helping the situation. But do you like the Veronica's a very important question.
Speaker 3: I don't mind their music.
Speaker 1: It's okay, good.
Speaker 2: So what I'm going to be doing is ask you three questions, and from the answers to those three questions, I am going to try and work out what it is that you're concealing from me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, okay.
Speaker 2: Question number one, did you have a special skill growing up.
Speaker 3: Well, when I was growing up, I was I went to a Catholic school, so there's a lot of Catholicism. And my sister, my twin sister, and I got up to no good. So we concoct this plan to watch the priest's movement. So we like slipped under the gates and there was all this mud, so we lift up the skirt, made sure that only our knees got muddy. We watched the priest exit the church, and we slipped in, stole some of the wine, the holy bread as well, marked around in there, ask God for forgiveness, and then we back out. And then there was boys that did the same thing. Obviously they didn't get into the church or break into the church, but we did. And then the principle will actually pinned that on them on the boys say, we all muddy and we weren't right.
Speaker 2: Yes, see your special skill growing up with being a secret spy, sleuth, thieve, slash putting it on someone else. Right, I do enjoy that. You're like, why are we here, Let's just get the next step out?
Speaker 1: Sorry, please forgive us, sorry on the way out.
Speaker 3: Don't mind if I do, yes, put on someone else.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Question number two, what reality show would you be most likely to go on?
Speaker 3: I would say The Hunted?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, can you describe The Hunted for someone that hasn't seen it before.
Speaker 3: It's a reality TV show. We've got people that are outlaws that have to get away from the Hunters, and if you're able to outrun the Hunters, you get a cash price.
Speaker 2: Oh, money would be good, wouldn't it. I know the guy that won the first season. Fun fact, he actually reached out to me, like Wiley was on because of one of the weeks he got into disguise and they dresses like old ladies or something, just get away from them. But he wanted me to like doing up and drag for one of them. Didn't happen. So it was like, what the hell is this? Hunted? Are you actually in trouble? What's going on?
Speaker 1: It's like, I can't tell you the details. It's well not happening.
Speaker 2: Love Okay, Hunted runs Okay, I'm getting sneaky vibes, sneaky snake.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Question number three, If you were to get arrested, what would most people assume it would be for.
Speaker 3: Brey can enter? Okay, this is there's a lot of hashtag thug life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of criminal vibe in the room.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of sneaky snakes, a lot of you know, this is why we have crim safe. Okay, this is because of you, I reckon? Can I sponsor this?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's recap Okay, thirty years old Gemini, half of an identical sister duo.
Speaker 1: Practice law.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, Okay, breaking and entering is just a common theme that's coming across your breaking and entering?
Speaker 1: What could that be? Is this legal?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I have I got an actual criminal in front of me?
Speaker 2: Like? Can I guess that? Or Okay, there's a lot of crime. Oh but then maybe you could flip it on the other song. It could be oh I hate crime, gu because maybe to like fight the crime, you have to be a criminal.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you a wanted felon? Like? Do I have to report this to believe?
Speaker 3: I'm a private investigator. I'm running a private investigation firm based in Sydney. We specialize in corporate investigations, finding missing people, doing background checks and due diligence, as well as specializing in infidelity and helping people with their personal affairs.
Speaker 2: I was getting there because I was like, you've got to be able to think like them to like I nearly got it, but also maybe still I wanted fell and you're not telling us.
Speaker 3: Keep that under wraps on mine.
Speaker 2: Oh so she's a private investigator. I thought they were only from the movies. Well, stay away from our privates. They don't need investigating. But I'm sure there's some good scandalous story. All Right, we're here with Amy, and I've found out that she is not a wanted felon that we know of. Now.
Speaker 1: She is a private investigator.
Speaker 2: Are how do you even become a private investigator? She just like wake up one day and go, oh, I'm just going to do that, Like how's it happened?
Speaker 3: Well for me personally, it was just by chance. So you just got like a job in a private investigation firm, like locating stolen vehicles now like high vehicles like Hurtz and Avis and things like that, soople to put false details down. So start off doing basic things like that, locating those vehicles for those companies. And then I started with insurance for all investigations, and I kind of just went off on my own. And then learned all the skills on field and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've never really put too much thought into this because everyone goes, oh the police do that, but they don't care about insurance for au. They don't care about things like that because that is more about speeding tickets and blood and gut some dead people, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. The civil matters, like, for example, if someone obsconds with a lot of debt and they disappear because they've done a runner, we locate them, tracked them down and help get that money back.
Speaker 1: That's crazy though.
Speaker 2: So you just saw a job advertised, you said, I reckon I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's how you got into it. Where are you at now? Like do you have your own business or you like Amy's crim Safe. I'll start back with the crim Safe again, like where are you at now? In the world of private investigation?
Speaker 3: So I run my own company, which is national and career agency. So it's a business where clients come to us direct and then if there's anything based in Sydney, I usually personally do it myself along with other colleagues. And then I can also service interstates, so if the matter crosses the border, even internationally.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, do you feel like super secret?
Speaker 3: Like do you feel secret spy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you get secret spy vibes?
Speaker 3: I do sometimes. I even got the leather jacket, the trench coats my house to match when it's appropriate. This vibes on.
Speaker 1: And did you do any sort of training or yeah?
Speaker 3: Most people X coppers. So I'm not an ex cop. So you've got to do like a cert three and investigative services through tape and you got to get certificate there is Yeah, so you can do it in like six weeks if you wanted.
Speaker 1: To okay, summer holidays, yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then you have to a new stuffals, then you're going to apply to a new stuff. I was police force for a license, a security license.
Speaker 1: Oh so you need a license? You do?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh so you can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't just walk out and be like god, it's a private investigator, which you know a lot of thirteen year olds on Twitter think they're private investigators.
Speaker 1: These days.
Speaker 3: Social media is talking Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what does the day to day look like for you? Like walk me through, you know, wake up? You know you have to dodge a sniper that's been hanging out your house through a little bit and then you go and like catch a criminal.
Speaker 1: Like how's it work?
Speaker 3: So, for example, you could have someone come to you for for example, infidelity, There's many things I could do and suggest for that. It's do you want me to follow them to on Friday night to see you say, if it's a male going out with colleagues and seeing if they got to know good, I'll go clubbing with them and.
Speaker 1: Yep, you have to do secret photos.
Speaker 3: I do. So we have a lot of little micro cameras that we can hold on person that help out. It's a bit hard with the lighting in the club obviously because it's dark, but when you get really close to them it comes out clear.
Speaker 1: So it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So, yes, you could follow them, But what are the other kind of options in the world of infidelity.
Speaker 3: The unique option that I've provided in the past is kind of like a honey trap, where for example, if your if you've got a wife or husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, and you want to test the fidelity, you would come to me and then I could either want to approach them online to poses a hot man or woman and then try flirt with them and then send you the screenshots, or I could basically, you know your husband's going to be here at a certain point of time, I would send a friend of mine that's really attractive and that you know that your husband will like to hit on him. Get the number. And now I've got that number, and then I'll start flirting and I'll set up a date, get them on a date, and then I'll be in a surveillance vehicle getting them on that date. Oh yeah, wow, what.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple questions coming from that. First of all, yes, can you give me a pickup line? If you were going to try to pick me up in a honey trap?
Speaker 3: A pickup line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to pick me up? Go on, I'm really easy.
Speaker 3: I really like your hair. Oh thank you, He's stunning. Think I love it the way it just sits there and it's perfect. Can I have your number?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can on a one sec I already have it already.
Speaker 2: You might not be able to answer this topic, but what type of clients are the ones that come to you in these situations where they're like, can you suss this out?
Speaker 3: So, if you're talking about infidelity, I would say it's a fifty to fifty split between men and woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, what's the rate of like they were correct and like they are being a bit naughty.
Speaker 3: More so that the person's playing up than not. So Usually the person has that kind of instinct or in the back of the mind that they're not being honest in that relationship, and then we end up finding that they've done something.
Speaker 2: Does that mean you've kind of been the result of like a couple of breakups?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Oh my goodness, you're like the grim Reaper for couples.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Do you get more satisfaction when you catch them out or more satisfaction when you go, look, they're actually fine, it's all in your head, babe, But also pay the bill.
Speaker 3: I'll say, even split like it's I get pretty satisfied when I catch them doing things over and over and over again, and sometimes the wife or husband will just continue to still stay with them and get like this backlog of evidence, like on a continual basis of multiple times that they've been cheating the whole in the pocket and they won't sometimes even break up. Then I also get the satisfaction where you know he's actually behaved, he's only drinking with mates and I'll send like a photo, my current photo, because I'll be there drinking, saying a pub at another table, watching them. Nothing happens, and then I get permission and I just leave.
Speaker 1: That's that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: What are your tips for blending in in a crowd in a situation like that? Because I personally struggle. I think I would have a bit of an issue if I to walk in and people are like just here, just waiting for a mate. Ye.
Speaker 3: Basically a couple of tips. So the person can't be too attractive or too ugly. I know how direct that is. But if you're too attractive, like too stunning, you wear something like, for example, you look absolutely stunning, you'd be noticeable straight away. If you're underdressed or you're dress poorly, people will notice that that you're not hygienic and things like. That's it going to be the medium. You can't have brand, so you can't be hanging off that Gucci bag because people remember those Gucci bags. So if you keep following them, they'll remember you for that Gucci bag. To get away, you're playing jeans, you're like my jumper today. You don't know like what brand it is, unless, of course, you've got the same jumper. Everything has to be unbranded.
Speaker 2: Are you secretly on a job now? Maybe are you actually doing two Birds on stone? That's right, and you're just looking around the iHeart studios going does that mean you have to have like a secret suitcase of different outfits? And just because they might walk into a high roll La bar and you're like, oh, I'm in mi kmart.
Speaker 3: Oh no, well it's actually my boot. The bit of my car has that Oh there you go. Yeah, I gotta love it because you follow them all around city, you don't know where they're going or through traffic, and it's gonna sometimes change last minute.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: So a lot of it is training obviously, but certain private investigations kind of they're better at different things.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. So you've got like surveillance specialists that just basically for the whole job. They're just do surveillance on foot, in car static. So they're usually the guys or there's a couple of ladies that just want to sit in a car all day. You got those. I'm a bit of a mixture. So ideal like the in depth deep web dives and the background checks on people, get leverage on them, so my clients can use that information to make a decision, for example, but they're also that combine that with surveillance. So for example, ify helping a client to then sue someone, I make sure they have assets first, and then I tail them to figure out, yes, they live there, and he's all their assets, he's their horses, his house, and he's them coming out the front. So kind of mix it up. Yeah, I've done survellans, but they're like on acreage and I've got this long camera and I'm here in my car and there's a horse. I'm like, well, that's that's an asset.
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: It is? Wow?
Speaker 2: What what is the cost of a job, Like what is there a ballpark? Because I guess some of these things may only take Is it an hourly thing?
Speaker 3: Like sometimes it's hourly. We can package it depending on how quick it is. Like if you're trying to find someone, it's going to be hourly. In it's labor intensive, so you're looking at you know, list couple thousand. But if you're doing something that's like major scam like Ponzi scheme, and this person's taken off with like at least a million dollars and you're looking, you know, tens of thousands of dollars for us to try and figure out whether gorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess some people may come to you and be like, I need you to chase this person because they owe me five thousand dollars, and you go, love, it's going to cost you another five thousand get you no?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you yeah? Do you have to go like, all right, just don't bother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's absolutely, it's not economically viable in this case.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's good, weird, and I like that. I'm riunning that down. Actually economically viable. I only use that next time someone wants to booked me for a gig. I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Look, it's not economically viable for you. Heaven.
Speaker 2: Now people come to you, they go, here's my situation. Are there any jobs that you've had to knock back and say, look, I can't handle that for you. That's that's beyond.
Speaker 3: There's one in particular. I don't know if this is too heavy, but it was getting a pedophile ring and I didn't want to touch on it because I have a daughter that was the same age of the children that they pick up and I was able to work out that this pedophile ring was so sophisticated, involved nurses, doctors, all the educated people, and it was at least fifteen against me one and I was like, it's not worth me even starting. Yeah, so I didn't bother.
Speaker 1: That's crazy and like can the work be dangerous?
Speaker 3: It has been confronting, especially when I confront people like I've located them, they've disappeared because they've stolen a lot of money or done scams or Ponzi schemes, and then I've traced them down and then had to say serve documents, will give them notice that we're about to you know, the client, the liquidors are going to freeze their assets and things, and I'm at their front door when they were in hiding, Like they get very aggressive. They don't like that at all. So I've had a couple of threats.
Speaker 1: And what's it like?
Speaker 2: Because obviously people are like, oh, the police have got the power. How do people respond to you if you ever have to confront them or anything, and they're like, well, here are you? Where's your little badge thing?
Speaker 3: I think it's just about presence. So it's about holding your own when you go to them. And because you have that knowledge of the of the matter, whatever it is, when you start to communicate that to them, they know what you're immediately talking about. Else some of them just slammed it on in the face. Or I've had threats of releasing German shepherds, I had someone chase me. It's just I've had food thrown at me. Just go to do we got to do?
Speaker 2: And what makes you keep going back? Doesn't sound very fun?
Speaker 3: I mean I find it fun because I have the thrill of the chase. So I like chasing people or chasing people and they don't know I'm actually there, so it kind of gives me a bit of adrenaline kick. Yeah, so I like that aspect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Random question. Are you good at escape rooms?
Speaker 3: I have been in the past. I haven't done one for quite a while since COVID, but I am pretty good. I'm like a bit of a.
Speaker 2: Good practice good practice gods for the Christmas part this year, a go to escape rooms?
Speaker 1: All right, escape rooms camera guys.
Speaker 2: So do you have any particular, like interesting case stories you can tell us that like come to mind? I know you've touched on a few, but is there anything you know anything juicy or scandals are shocking.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of people who have investigated with have had like a double life where you know, you have the man with the he has a wife, she has no idea, and then when I go hunt down him because he's basically a professional scam artist, the penny drops for her that he's, well, why does he have another least property in an hour down the road and can't come home during the week because he has to travel so far when it's less than an hour and he realizes that the other personal lease is actually his mistress. Things like that that the penny actually drops, or there's a couple of high profile people obviously can't mention names that I've investigated that I'm on Telly currently Steel.
Speaker 1: Oh copy me. I've been taken off for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, conflict of interest, conflict of interest. A lot of scams I did on this morning, which was a Nigerian scam. You got your rowment scams with people unfortunately like one of them I worked on. He was a farmer. Oh, Paul Bugger was in love with this woman on Facebook. Oh God, but the whole persona was in uh stolen identity of a woman he was actually based in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate that. I hate that. Yeah, rude. Now have you also done missing person cases?
Speaker 3: I've done things like find my family, or this person's missing in terms of I haven't seen it for like twenty years, and she's my best friend. I don't know what's happened to us. She's literally disappeared, whole family I don't know. And then we track her down and changed name or she's passed away. Have reunited a couple families like mother and daughter.
Speaker 2: Wow, see this all it's not all about cheating scandalous people.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It's got some nice, nice soft stories sometimes where you reallynite family and they want to actually spend time together. Yeah, so it's not always doom and gloom.
Speaker 1: Do you have your phone on you?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm going to give you thirty seconds. I'm going to put you to the test and see what you can find on me. All right, I want dirt, I want news or any information you can find about me.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Time studs now, okay, So maybe she might be able to find that I've got an overdue library book. I have a library cards and I moved house, so I hope she doesn't find that, but also she might be able to find that I still have a gym membership and I haven't been in five years.
Speaker 1: I've never seen eyes. Oh this is interesting, speed reader, speed Reader.
Speaker 2: I'm got scanless though, because we've had sidekicks and Parmiss and voodoo people.
Speaker 1: But this is scary, all right? Four three two.
Speaker 2: One okay, okay, serve me up. If you found about little Arts, simone.
Speaker 3: I have found out that used to be known as count Jacular.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, how embarrassing.
Speaker 2: That was my first track name in high school because I thought I was really cool.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, that's really embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You're a bit of an artsy farts. So you did very well in school, so you got like a study score of about forty six in studio.
Speaker 1: Arts, I did pretty well. Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: The vehicle you also drive along with myself is a twenty twenty two tier to crawler.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, who's been looking at my car? Or did you look up what?
Speaker 3: But you're a terrible cook though. That's disappointing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had enough. I've had enough.
Speaker 2: I'm cutting it off there before you find out anything else you forget my name, oh, never existed.
Speaker 1: Also, it turns out that Amy isn't a wanted fella.
Speaker 2: No, she is a professional stalker oh, I mean private investigator. Well, after finding out that she's all about double lives, I think I could be too. You've been listening to an iHeart Australia production concealed with atsimone.
Speaker 1: Listen to more of what you love on iHeart.
Speaker 2: And if you want to check out my privates I mean private investigator, check us out on the socials.