Speaker 1: Frizzy celebrity news you like that garsip.
Speaker 2: Natalie Imbruglia has revealed that she was forced to live in a friend's basement because she ran out of money because she struggled to find work after Neighbors. So she actually wasn't on Neighbors for too long back in the early nineties ninety two. She had a role on it for two years and then she kind of thought, I'm gonna do the Kylie minogue here. I'm going to get up and go to the UK and try and crack the UK market. But apparently UK casting directors didn't like casting ossies from Neighbors anymore, and she struggled to get another job.
Speaker 1: So obviously after Kylie coming over.
Speaker 2: And everything, they're like, Nat, We're done with all you Ozzie Neighbors people. So she says, I went to England and they were really cracking down on the Neighbors stars. So I was for a few years very famous, and I was just doing appearances and going to clubs and signing autographs and getting cash in envelopes. But that's the only fame, I'm sorry, money she could get from her fame. And then she said it was the first time in my life where everything didn't just fall on my lap. So she just started partying and spending all the money she had until it ran out, and she got to a point where she had to go to a friend's house in Chelsea in the UK and just live in their basement until she was go home.
Speaker 3: You know, nah, you'd want to kind of prove yourself over there, but living in a basement in the UK, like it's already cold, I can imagine how cold.
Speaker 1: It would have been down there. Admitting defeat would suck too.
Speaker 2: After you had all this success from neighbors and everyone's thinking you're going to keep going on that trajectory, and then you just fail.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like she did. She rose from the ashes because she oh, this is the floor.
Speaker 2: Stace.
Speaker 4: This didn't write it no cover, which throws.
Speaker 2: Showing phrase up from the newsroom as a guy in a rock band rock on the Ritzy Kids sting the bell because that was a plug.
Speaker 1: Do you like this kind of music? Yeah? Absolutely? Would you do like a rock cover of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That sounds cool. Do you do a lot of cover shop? We do one cover?
Speaker 5: We do a po malonesome chemical Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just kind of rocky anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, form it like pubs and I was going to a Gigashan's before and that's big. Yeah, he's very good. He's the last singer we'll starting next week.
Speaker 4: Every caller on air for You Getta gets tickets to go and see.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: They're pretty cheap. No one calls you're a dog, I'd go, I'll come.
Speaker 2: Also, Callum Turner, we're talking a lot about him at the moment because he is, as well as being do Aleeper's husband, he's in a brand new movie called One Night Only. He was just in Sydney for the premiere of that movie here and he caught up with our very own smallsy He told a story about this time that he was actually kicked out and banned from a pub, which is surprising because Callum Turner seems like quite a tame and like not naughty person. However, it did see photos of him and dou Aleaper after their wedding and they were still bending at like seven as so he's got some mongrel in him, but otherwise, Yeah, he actually got banned from this pub for a very innocent reason.
Speaker 5: Take a listen, I'm banned from a from a from a pub in Switzerland, okay, called O'Reilly's or something, and I my best mate left in. I didn't do anything wrong, just I wanted to get my charger back. And the guy I was like, you know what, I'm sick of coming to Patio's.
Speaker 1: So he's banned. We were talking.
Speaker 4: Did he get banned asking for the charger too much?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It didn't really make sense in all honesty, I think you know what. I think he probably asked for the charger and the guy realized he was drunk due to them talk interaction, and then he kicked him out.
Speaker 3: I get they're kicking out, but like I always thought you had to do something quite bad to get banned, Like have you fight?
Speaker 1: I've never been banned from I have many go.
Speaker 2: Band but mine's like and I'm not a brawler. It's not like I'm having fights and glass and people. Mine's literally being draw and annoying, drunk and annoying loud, and then and they probably try and kick me out, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, you know that you're trying to get back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, different doors, but not for many many years. This was like in my twenties of course, so I don't know if any of those bands still hold up.
Speaker 1: I'll try. Have you been banned from anywhere?
Speaker 4: Back in the day, there was a nightclub when they banned smoking. Yeah, I was like, well, no, I'm still smoking in here. That's mental.
Speaker 1: Who do you think you are?
Speaker 4: I just thought we should have still been able to smoke at a nightclub, and they kicked me out. Yeah, but I had already started in radio. I feel like such a way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what did you do? Do you know who I am?
Speaker 4: I pulled out a business card and said I'd get free ads.
Speaker 1: You're also illegal? What are stretches? Did they lick your business card at? You?
Speaker 4: Smoke if you want? No, it wasn't you can't smoke, but I could come back.
Speaker 1: If you went up now like I feel like no one would. It wouldn't matter. Wait, did you like you can't drop a business card? Firstly? So what are you can do?
Speaker 2: Google yourself and you know what I mean? The business card back in the day was such a flex.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 4: I've still got like three hundred of themselves Ordrobe somewhere.
Speaker 1: Did you just buy yourself business cards? I know they used to do them. I had business card.
Speaker 2: Oh I never gave him to anyone, but it was just a thing you got.
Speaker 3: They want fake mate, Like actually maybe you went and made them yourself.
Speaker 1: I wonder if people still do something you would doing. I wonder if people still doing his business cards, Yeah, like entertainers and stuff.
Speaker 3: I went to a PR event recently and like the magician guy, he had a business card of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think.
Speaker 4: They're huge in different cultures. To Korea, I believe like it's a huge thing they still and Japan.
Speaker 1: It's all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just an annoyance to receive because where am I going to put it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't even carry a wallet anymore, Like I don't have just my entire life is on my phone, a.
Speaker 1: Phone wallet, you know, the big things.
Speaker 2: A little flappy one boomer