Speaker 1: Up with Bridge, Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hallo Thursday, Happy Thursday, everybody.
Speaker 3: We're on.
Speaker 4: We're on Happy power Ball one hundred and fifty million dollar day.
Speaker 3: I'm going to win it.
Speaker 1: I always enter the power ball. I'm one of those people.
Speaker 5: I'm always like, go pass and sneak of quick like ten twenty dollars, Like.
Speaker 1: You got to be in it to win it. You've got okay, you've got to be in it to win it.
Speaker 2: I love that that has even like the slogan's gotten you over the line, brit But the problem is is that this is the one that everyone enters, so it's the one that you're least likely to win because the odds are not in your favor.
Speaker 4: No, can I just say, like someone will win, A boomer will win. You know, there's never young lottery ticket winners because jen Z, my generation do not subscribe to the lottery. It's not you never bought a lottery ticket, not once in my life and I never will. My parents still to this day. If you need a new car, mom, she goes, well, when I win the lottery, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: And I go, Mum, you just it's not gonna do.
Speaker 2: You know what Mitch, it does happen. My grandparents won the lottery many years ago. But this is my advice, never buy a shared lottery ticket because this is a bit of burn family history drama. Both my grandparents from either side bought a lottery ticket together and they won that lottery. But no one knows which lottery ticket won. So one grandparent, like one side of the family, claimed the whole thing and said it was from a different lottery ticket. That is again, yeah, anyway, they didn't. They didn't get on after that surprise surprise. But my grandparents did have a lovely pool in their backyard.
Speaker 4: Non imagine. I'm sure they did. Hey, ask gun Cut is back for twenty twenty four. That's when we let you listening. Ask ask any question and we will help you.
Speaker 1: Okay, any question. Mitch won't help you very much, but we will. Okay.
Speaker 2: We have someone on the line and they're thinking that maybe they might get proposed too soon.
Speaker 1: But there is one big problem about this, and.
Speaker 2: We're going to tell you right after the break as soon as Mitch figures out how to speak.
Speaker 3: Boy, no, just won the lottery. My phone's going off. That's why I can't work.
Speaker 1: Get out of it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Oh god, let's get we are doing this.
Speaker 6: Ask Uncut.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Ask Uncut is something that we do on Life Fun Cut podcast every week.
Speaker 1: It's where you guys call.
Speaker 2: In with your biggest, darkest, deepest, your biggest problems and we do our absolute best to answer them. We have Hailey on the phone today and she thinks her boyfriend might be proposing, but there's one issue.
Speaker 1: Hailey, Welcome to the pickup.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you so much. I have been with my partner for about three years now, and I think he's on the way to proposing. I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 2: Well, is there like a congratulations? Are you excited? Is this a good thing?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: I'm excited and it is a great thing. I'm really excited. My biggest problem, though, is that no matter how much I love him, I can't deny he's got some questionable taste and I think he's going to get the wrong ring.
Speaker 3: Oh, the wrong ring.
Speaker 1: Wait, just something I don't like. Haven't you sort of been you know how you drip feed in your breadcrumb?
Speaker 5: Haven't you been like leaving ring pictures around or like, you know, brochures around?
Speaker 6: And I absolutely do.
Speaker 7: But for my first birthday after we got together, he knew I only wore silver, so he bought me a gold necklace and was like, I want to see you in gold more often.
Speaker 2: Oh no, did you turn around and say, how dare you try and change me like that?
Speaker 1: That's terrible, you.
Speaker 7: Know, because it's the thought that counts. But when it's your engagement ring, it's a.
Speaker 1: Whole different Oh no, wait, wait, wait wait, Hayley.
Speaker 2: That's the problem though, when you say it's the thought that counts. A thoughtful present would be getting something that you like, not getting something you don't like because he's trying.
Speaker 1: To change you. That's a problem, is what that is?
Speaker 2: Look, do you know what I have a similar situation when my husband Matt designed my wedding ring, which now I love and it's yellow gold, but originally he had had the whole thing designed in white gold because he thought that I liked wearing silver, And luckily my sister was the one who stepped up to the plate and put him on the right track. So I think you need to find someone in your life who you trust, who you can give all the information to and they can just be your messenger and go and give that information.
Speaker 3: No, or just communicate like maybe it's a gay thing.
Speaker 1: No, but you know, communicat gay couple speak.
Speaker 4: To each other and like, if I want my partner to get me, yeah, my dream ring, I'm gonna tell them, because yes, a proposal should be a surprise, but also like not like that big of a surprise, like an eighty percent surprise. You know, you want to know it's coming and you want to know what you're getting, Like you asked for Christmas presents, right, It's not a surprise on Christmas Day, Hailey.
Speaker 3: Talk to them.
Speaker 5: You have to nip it in the bud early before it happens, because once he gives you that ring, you can't then say I don't.
Speaker 1: Like it and I want to change it. Like when when that is given to you, that.
Speaker 5: That's you done. You were just gonna have to bite the bullet and love it. So it's now onever, Haley.
Speaker 4: Britt, have you and your beautiful partn Ben discussed rings for like an engagement.
Speaker 5: If by discussion you mean probably a spreadsheet of four to five rings daily that I add to Yeah, yeah, we're in joy spreadsheet.
Speaker 3: Such a natural chemistry and the love between the two.
Speaker 1: Of you communication lines of wide open there.
Speaker 3: That's actually not the right cure. An Excel spreadsheet is not the communication I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Ben just never replies to it and Britt keeps updating it. He's like, no, I do not want the link to this.
Speaker 4: BRIT's the kind of person that has a Google doc and just goes, let's just have a shared dog.
Speaker 3: What does add presents?
Speaker 7: My backup plan was doing a Kim Kardashian and losing it in the ocean.
Speaker 2: So I true true that there is always just don't get it, well, no, get it inshored and then you can get something you really like.
Speaker 4: All right, Haley, Hope that helps and keep us updated, send us picks, tore the ring, okay, and go to Tony May dot com dot a U bio.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you can do?
Speaker 2: You can go to the pickup dot com TODAYU. If you've got a question for next week, go in and submit your question that we will do our best to answer them.
Speaker 1: We'll get you on the show.
Speaker 3: Would you pay me cash for that? What for the little plant? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sell jury everyone, so you can come to me. I'll saw you out, all right.
Speaker 5: Hey, Mitch as one of my best friends. Like you know, you're up there with the top of them. Something you've done recently has left me feeling, if I'm honest, pretty betrayed. So I think I want to nut it out here live.
Speaker 3: On radio next on the pickup.
Speaker 5: Mitch, you're one of my best friends. Laura, obviously you're another one. But Laura has never betrayed me in the way that Mitch Churry has recently betrayed me in.
Speaker 1: A way no one should ever betray a friend.
Speaker 5: So it's no secret that I have a low key, high key obsession with the one and only Lewis Capaldi. Now, if you don't know Lewis Capaldi, he sings this banger?
Speaker 3: Is he Scottish?
Speaker 1: Scottish irishry? You have more than an obsession with this guy.
Speaker 2: You For the amount of time that we've been working together, you have brought him up an awkward.
Speaker 1: Amount of times.
Speaker 5: It's no secret I think he's brilliant, I think he's funny. I want him to sing at my wedding. Yep, my partner men who lives in Scotland, who lives down the road from Lewis Capaldi asked Louis one night when Lewis was drunk if he would sing at our wedding, and Lewis said yes, minor technicality.
Speaker 1: Lewis was too drunk to remember. Now.
Speaker 5: Recently, Mitch and I were on holiday together and we were having a little sit down chin wag, and we had said to each other.
Speaker 1: Who is the one person you want to interview this year?
Speaker 5: Like if you could pick anyone, Mitch said, Tina Fey, I said, Lewis Capaldi, you did flash forward.
Speaker 1: It is Mitch runs in like I live down the road from Lewis.
Speaker 5: When I'm overseas in Scotland, Mitch runs in to Lewis Capaldi has the audacity to message me as it's happening, saying I'm with Lewis, And I said, obviously, mention me.
Speaker 1: Ask him to sing at my wedding? Do me as solid And he basically didn't and hung up on me.
Speaker 3: Give me the right of reply. I Britain.
Speaker 4: I weren't traveling together anymore, okay, as far as I saw it, friendship over for the tree.
Speaker 3: I was traveling solo alone in London. I was at the high.
Speaker 1: End forget about her to the Curt.
Speaker 4: I was at the designer stores. I can't afford any of it. But I'm just looking like browsing because I'm killing time. It's minus five degrees in London, so I'm shopping and I bump into this this little pudgy character.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry mate.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, I know that ex called Lewis Capaldi a pudgy character. One day he's going to come on this show and then we're gonna have to be like, oh, I remember the time that Mitch offended you.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: I've interviewed him four times. And I said, oh, sorry, Bertie. He went on, and then I went on, that's los Capardi walked off. I'm going to message my best friend Britt and go Britt just bumped into your dream man, Lewis Capaldi and off, I went what I what?
Speaker 3: Then followed I've actually I knew this was going to happen.
Speaker 4: I have printed out the transcript of the text exchange Laura Burn, Can you take this script for the purpose of my difence that is private?
Speaker 1: I know it's not really.
Speaker 2: Nothing that happens between the two of you or the three of us is private. Always ends up on this show. Play the role of Brittany Hockley Laura Burn. So just you know, push your nose up a bit and be mean, and.
Speaker 1: I will from my best friend this moment.
Speaker 2: I made it, this moment, Brittany, I have your back and I will be your best friend in this Okay, I'm ready to be Britt.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting my whole life for this role.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I pull my phone out and I go, oh my god, Oh my god, Britt, I just ran into someone you love.
Speaker 3: Lewis Capali like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, Pun, I get it. Okay. Britt says, stop it, Are you serious?
Speaker 3: I say yeah.
Speaker 1: We basically had a coffee and then Mitch sends multiple pictures.
Speaker 3: I said a photo was the first one, Britt, I think was of his foot, right. I was nervous.
Speaker 1: It was like from his legs down. But I still recognize that.
Speaker 2: Were you up to signs of life at this point where you're like, I need proof and he proof that this is actually the real Lewis Capali?
Speaker 1: Proof proof, prove Okay.
Speaker 2: Britt then goes on to say, ha ha ha, you wish Okay, Mitch, you have to do me a solid. Please talk to him. And this is all in capital. So she's screaming at you. At this point, I say no, Mitch.
Speaker 3: I say no again.
Speaker 1: I FaceTime you. You don't pick up. I FaceTime you again.
Speaker 2: Then I write, pick up the phone now in screaming, and then I FaceTime again fourth time.
Speaker 1: Then I wrote, Mitch, he needs to sing at.
Speaker 3: My wedding, and I said, you're not even engaged? What wedding?
Speaker 1: This is still in caps my new minor technicality. Tell him you work in radio with Carl Sandalands. I think they know each other.
Speaker 4: As if can I just pause out in the middle of a designer store in London, me dropping Kyle Sandalans would work.
Speaker 2: You name dropping would be the most embarrassing thing that's happened to all of us. Okay, Britt, you continue.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd stop there, but you hadn't. You wrote all that you've been staying with Ben. He is a massive Celtics fan. Ben is also BRIT's boyfriend. If you don't know, if you were my real best friend, Mitch, you would.
Speaker 3: Do this, said I love you, but you are insane.
Speaker 1: And then you wrote you never take me seriously.
Speaker 3: And I said bye with the eye emoji. I'm leaving the.
Speaker 1: Store, don't you dare, it's all you wrote back, she actually said, don't you day, Mitch, true, that's sorry. I was I was leaving out the spelling er don't you day?
Speaker 2: And then she wrote dare and then that's the truth, and then another screaming Mitch at the end.
Speaker 1: I've heard enough, Britt.
Speaker 2: I want to be the impartial person here because obviously I was not a part of this conversation, but I do feel like I was a part of it now after seeing the evidence. And you sound like a psychopath. Thank you, But I love you, cute psychopath.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not talking anymore. This thresome is over. I'm going packing up my bags and going to see Lewis. He's never going to sing at your wedding because he's going to realize you're insane.
Speaker 4: And I called him pudgy on the radio, so I don't think all hopes of that are off.
Speaker 3: I love you, Britt, I love you.
Speaker 2: Oh guys, coming up, We've got a thousand dollars up for grabs next for a genius kid. So if you have a child who is very smart, if you're a kid listening to this, a thousand dollars from office works, if you can answer this little quiz we've got going on.
Speaker 4: All right, that's next on the pickup. Now here at the pickup. It is almost back to school season. We've teamed up for Office Works to do this.
Speaker 2: This has been my favorite competition. We have kids calling up all week and we're giving away one thousand dollars from Office Works only to the smartest kids. And now we have this child today who is playing for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He is nine years old, loves playing basketball, and his favorite subjects are mats and art.
Speaker 3: Please welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 1: Chester, Hello, Chester, Chess, Hey, Chester, and Bunny. Do you like school?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Here, I'll say so.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can be honest with us. What do you want to do when you grow up? When you finish school? Oh?
Speaker 6: I'd probably say I'd like to be an MBA player one baby, that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think you're tall enough?
Speaker 7: Not really?
Speaker 2: All right, a lot of growing to do yet, Chester at nine years old. Yeah, don't be hard on yourself. You know you'll definitely have a grosspurt between.
Speaker 1: Now when you're a brick.
Speaker 4: Kickoff this quiz. We've got one thousand dollars cash. Thanks, to office works, Chestin in the studio. We can see the money. We'd love to get it to you today. Let's start question number one.
Speaker 5: All right, Cheston, you said you like maths, so listen carefully. If you have ten apples and your brother takes three apples because he's really hungry and he missed breakfast, how many apples do you have left?
Speaker 2: Cheston, he's a too simple I reckon. This one's tricky. I didn't know the answer to this one. So let's see if a nine.
Speaker 3: Year old does.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cheston, Question number two, what is the largest mammal.
Speaker 1: In the world?
Speaker 3: Hot, isn't it, Laura?
Speaker 1: It is in me. It has a hole. It has a hole.
Speaker 6: Oh blue whale.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Chestin, it is a blue whale, and you are a genius.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: I was going to give you a clue, but Cheston didn't need it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brittany did mention something about a whole.
Speaker 4: But like you know, my brain's going in many different directions. Sheston, Let's go third and final question. You get this right. I was gonna say, we'll transfer you the money, but I doubt you have a bank account. We'll make a cash Question three Chester and it's like a spelling bee. Please spell for us Thursday the word Thursday.
Speaker 6: So t h you r SD I.
Speaker 4: One thousand dollus just said, what are you going to spend the money on?
Speaker 6: I'd probably get what maybe a laptop called Bentols and books Tabla maybe like Postco Martyrs, Ventols and all that.
Speaker 1: Yes you will.
Speaker 2: Just that sounds like an excellent thing to spend all your thousand dollars on.
Speaker 1: Can you get anything for your mum?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, smart boy, that was the right answer.
Speaker 4: Jestin congratulations, Bless you Jest, and enjoy back to school or thanks to office works, they won't be beaten on back to school prices with their price beat guarantee exclude apply. You can see a website for details. And also thirteen one oh six five. If you're a mom or dad or a kid and you want to play this because we've got another chance tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You know what, at least giving this away. If you've lost something, you could buy it again. But there's some things in life that you can't purchase a second time, some very important things. And I threw something away recently that I really shouldn't have that I would never doesn't matter how many thousands.
Speaker 3: Of dollars next on the pickup.
Speaker 2: So I found out yesterday that I threw something in the bin that was very very important. Now, the sad part of this story is that it when in the bin weeks ago and there's no way that I'm going to get it back.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's such a bad feeling. What was it?
Speaker 2: Something very sentimental, something that means a lot to me, and something that when I found out it was gone, I was furious at my husband and furious.
Speaker 1: At my self.
Speaker 3: Did Maddie j throw it out of it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I threw it out, But he has something to do with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my husband Matt he I mean, you may or may not be familiar, but he does a lot of work across social media. He does a lot of funny skits, He does a lot of funny videos. He sometimes dresses up when he does these funny videos as different characters, and so essentially he's a grown man that has a costume box in our house, like we've got wigs, we've got props. Now, the problem with Matt is that he leaves like he'll do a skit and then he'll leave the prop just like out of the box floating around the house. We still have a spanking whip which he used for a Valentine's Day skit video two years ago, just floating.
Speaker 1: Around the house.
Speaker 3: Can I pop over this after?
Speaker 1: You can? Absolutely, you can have it. You can have it, okay.
Speaker 2: So recently he was doing the skit and it required a clipboard and had some paper. He was obviously writing something down, and I said to him because he left all of the stuff everywhere after he'd finished it, and I was like, if you don't put that in the box where it belongs, I'm going to chuck it in the bin because it was a cheap two dollar clipboard that's never going to use again, and we have about one hundred of them because every time he does a new skit, he buys a new clipboard. So a week went past, I mentioned it to him again, nothing happened. Two weeks went past, mentioned it to him again, nothing happened, And so eventually it came home this one day and then the stupid clipboard was sitting on the kitchen bench and I picked it up, and I walked out to the bin and I threw it in and I thought, there, that's going to prove to him that he shouldn't leave his shit lying around the house.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: So yesterday he comes home and he says, hey, babe, that clipboard that had had the paper on it which put it? And I said, well, like I told you, I put it in the bin. And the color literally drained from his face and I was like, please don't tell me, please, please stop.
Speaker 1: And he goes, did you the paper that was attached to it?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you put that in the bin as well?
Speaker 2: And I said, yeah, I put the whole thing in the bin, the paper that you'd scribbled all over.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So turns out what he'd been using to scribble on was the envelope to our wedding certificate. And what was inside that envelope was the wedding certificate, the one from the day that we signed that brit that you signed as my witness, that our friend from England who flew over, who was our other, our official beautiful wedding certificate that people keep for the length of their marriage, is somewhere in.
Speaker 1: The tip and we're never going to get it back.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Okay, you threw it out. Why was he scribbling on your wedding city?
Speaker 2: He was scribbling on the envelope, and he obviously, in his like moment of just trying to do this skit, he just picked up some paperwork with the intention of putting it back. Don't get me started. It was a very silly idea. But also I could I mean, I'm not taking blame for this. I could have checked, but like, no, this is all his fault.
Speaker 3: Why was it just sitting on the dining room, psychopath?
Speaker 2: Because we moved recently, We recently moved out.
Speaker 1: No, we never were, and the wedding was a year ago. Don't blame me. This is Matthew Johnson's fault. I will not take responsibility.
Speaker 3: Sam's called Hi Sam, did you do something like this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty similar. So over Christmas, my now very heavily pregnant wife got a massage voucher as a gift, and it was left in the envelope with everything else on the bench and a sea of envelope hopes. And in a spate of cleaning, all the envelopes may have gone in the bin and she now can't get them assage. She desperately wants pregnant.
Speaker 2: Curious pregnant woman. I wouldn't want to mess with her. But you know what, you can buy her another one. Hang on, he can rub it down himself.
Speaker 3: Okay, Laura, I love her.
Speaker 1: No, that doesn't even remote. Can I just close?
Speaker 4: We have so many calls coming through throughout a piece of paper through it. There's nothing compared to the sanctuary, sanctuary, sanctimonium.
Speaker 1: No one knows.
Speaker 3: Me a marriage.
Speaker 6: And you know what.
Speaker 2: Some people say that a wedding is not worth the paper it's written on. But I reckon our wedding and our marriage is going to last a lot longer than the certificate.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so funny. All right, I have a great public holiday tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll see you.
Speaker 3: We'll be here, we'll be on here.
Speaker 1: We'll see that no such thing as public holiday.
Speaker 3: See tomorrow, See you, guys,