Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Before we go anywhere near today's show, we should allow some time here for Patsy to rant about her terrible epic journey into work.
Speaker 4: It's already an epic journey every day because you come from so far away. I admired that already.
Speaker 3: She actually travels. There's so far away where she lives. She actually travels through decades, so Weerby is set copparently in nineteen eighty three, so she time travels to get it on the time. But today's journey was I just said about see how are you, and just there was just a sign, you know, and Asi says way more than words. And then she started telling Jack and I please tell everyone's about the revolting journey you've had in today vaulting.
Speaker 5: Well, they're doing road works off and on on the wist Skate for the Whiskate tunnel works, of course, which is great, but I just wish they'd get it over and done within like a slab. Some days it's one days it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're building a tunnel underneath a river, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It feels like am Monday to Thursday thing and then it's done right anyway, So I join the window down the swine and go, wait, did you get me done? Hurry dig dig dig.
Speaker 5: So the diversions weren't very clear, and at one point we were diverted onto the Princes and then somehow divoted back up onto the West Gate.
Speaker 3: I just need to describe to people who might not be listening in Australia, because we have people listening on the iHeart platform all over the world right now. The Westgate Bridge is the single most terrifying bridge I have ever seen in the world. It's like a drawing out of an Isaac Asimov kind of futuristic thing. Whenever I've been on it, I still haven't manage to actually pluck up the character drive on it. It feels like I'm being driven to my death. I've driven on the Golden Gate Bridge. I've driven on bridges all over the world, and there are scary ones in the UK. Nothing. There's something about that West Gate Bridge.
Speaker 4: It's not like a roller coaster, feel.
Speaker 3: Like it's teaching, tilting you into the into the river. You don't feel like you're you're actually connected to the to the.
Speaker 4: Road, like a gust of wind could just pop your on the side.
Speaker 5: No, it's fine anyway. So at one point I was going back out towards Weerribee.
Speaker 3: So what you go over it? And they sent you back over it.
Speaker 5: Now I didn't get to the bridge. I sort of only got to like the ring road interchange, and then was diverted. And of course the whole way it's forty k's. You can't do a click over forty k's or you'll get pinned. So yeah, it was just one of the one of those mornings today.
Speaker 3: But then just tell us then, how long did it take to get into it today?
Speaker 5: Ninety minutes. Ninety minutes normally takes.
Speaker 3: No, I would have understood if you were just about twenty minutes inter I just gone back home to me. You have actually sent me a test there going Look, it was going to take ninety to bits, so today's show, I'd have entirely understood it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll just do the news from bluetooth in the car.
Speaker 3: Driving around the interchange, doing the news headlines for us. Just do that next time, Patsy.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Ricky mart He's another one we should add to who's calling Christian huge for a while, was he right massive? Then he went away?
Speaker 4: He's back now, hasn't aged a single.
Speaker 3: Day, not just that he's suspiciously unaged and actually jacked to I don't know whether these week part of a world out club with Hugh Jackman. He is wolverine like rich Have you seen him now?
Speaker 4: I saw an interview do you get older but not age?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I saw an interview with Ricky Martin and Rique Iglesias. Both of them haven't aged in twenty years now.
Speaker 3: His dad's got the secret to life. I don't know what's going on with this old man. They're like Benjamin Buttoner's something going on? What they've got up in the attic in that house of theirs.
Speaker 4: They're like Latin tea one thing else.
Speaker 3: I want to get Ricky Martin on to say what are you doing? What's your beauty regime? Because he looks amazing, but it doesn't make any sense. So Ricky Martin another one. You should endle Mix four if you're thinking about guests that we won't want to try and get on the show for who's calling? Christian Bush begins in thirteen days time. Your chance to get celebrity to call the show. You could be winning twenty thousand dollars, and the celebrity could be winning twenty thousand dollars as well for the charity of their choice. Now in the kitchen right yesterday, my wife and I were talking about how I have I don't have many rules in life around stuff in the kitchen the cave, but when it comes to ketchup and the storing of it, I am very steadfast on that. I believe the once you open the seal, break that sin on the ketch up, it then needs to live in the fridge.
Speaker 4: I agree, Yeah, it feels more fresh.
Speaker 5: No, I don't agree. Chris and I have this argument all the time. He always puts it in the fridge and I whack it in the pantry.
Speaker 3: Now, what is it about. That's what my wife keeps doing. I came home from work yesterday, you know, and the ketchup. I would I don't even need the ketchup, but just seeing it out of the fridge having been taken out there when I'm not around, I think my wife's going, He's gone. Now, he's on here. Let's get that fridge. Let's get that fridge open and get that ketch out.
Speaker 4: And then the minute you walk in the house, you're like, something's not right in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something's off. It might in my delicate universe, something of the ketchup lives and wants to live in the fridge.
Speaker 4: I think the only reason we ever had it in the pantry was back in the olden days when before squeeze bottle technology, when it was in the jar fair enough in the fridge, it would go colder and then it'll be harder to get out. Now, if you're still using that old bottle and you're not using the squeeze bottle technology, you're so far behind.
Speaker 3: I'd say so much, you're actually a savage.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't go off.
Speaker 3: I think it does a fridge do. It keeps things fresh, you know, That's why the ketchup wants to be kept kept fresh and full ketchup be potential. I think when you leave it out of the fridge, I think, you know, it gets that sort of horrible watery stuff that comes out. First of all, I think it turns more to that there's more that horrible stuff that comes out, and it isn't the actual ketchup. I think it keeps it more keeps it stronger in the fridge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I don't agree. It doesn't go off, so it goes in the pantry.
Speaker 3: Where do you stand on the mayle? We're all agree in that one mayo.
Speaker 5: Is definitely in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Chan Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian Heines actually recommend refrigeration for Heinz ketch up.
Speaker 3: It says it on the bottle. Sorry, Patsy, that's from Misty. Uh yeah, I mean does anyone actually read what it says on the bottle? I mean all that blurb they have on the back, you know, if you actually have a look on those things like mayonnaise ketchup. A lot of these condiments they have like a whole blurb. I guess legally they have to these days. On there is also a phone number, right all these anything you buy now has a phone number if you want if you need any more information. I'm buying a step ladder last year, and there was a phone number if I needed any more information about the correct use, and I was tempted to call them, going does anyone actually call them?
Speaker 4: By the first person to ever call this number.
Speaker 3: You know, and it's someone actually in an office and the phone's ringing that it's never rung, and they're like, where is the phone? Where is it? It's ring and I can hear it. Someone's actually gone the step the outline.
Speaker 4: Then they finally pick it up and think it's a wrong number.
Speaker 3: Hell hello, And they work in office of a load of the phones that never ring, like the Hines outline, the Mayonnaise outline. I mean, who is actually calling that now. Two weeks ago on the show, we were canvassing your opinion about something very important. Jack and I both needed to get some new socks. But when we want to get new socks, the market is flooded with all kinds of different socks these days. There's a lot of ankle it ones, the sport ones. There's the ones that come up really high. There's a thick sort of ones that women like to wear around the house. There's too much choice.
Speaker 4: From Anne, I was looking to bog buy all my socks for the next three years, and I just wanted a reliable, comfy sock.
Speaker 3: A lot of the fact that bolt by a few is the next three years. You know it's long term, but it's not fine. You always hear about five year plan for you you used to like to live your life three years at a time, and that's the jack Post story.
Speaker 4: And I wanted it to be able to be used as a sports sock and an everyday sock.
Speaker 3: It's a fair to say you're looking for a utility sock.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's interchangeable around that. I was so excited that my new socks came last night. I bought some marineo wool socks straight from New Zealand. Lovely because the ones here, the callers were saying Marino wool, they were so expensive to buy. And then someone put me on to you know, go straight to the source, the farms of New Zealand where getting the marino walls straight off the sheep.
Speaker 3: Ourn's doing it herself. She looks like the one who's got like a yawning machine in the evening that makes them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was so excited to wear them. Yes, they came yesterday. A text to you said, I'm going to be wearing the marino wool tomorrow. I think I'm going to show that you them way too high, way higher than advertised. Halfway up the shin halfway you wanted them halfway out. I wanted I wanted a sports sock interchangeable that that's just above the ankle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm and but what's what's it like feeling on the foot?
Speaker 4: No? Too thin, too thin, it's like a it's like.
Speaker 3: A it's like a dress sock.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a dress sock.
Speaker 3: Yes see. I went out and got some at the weekend, okay, and one of the callers recommended something called was it the Explorer?
Speaker 4: Yes, but next thick. That's like the Explorers, like the hiking sock.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but I saw them put my hand in them when there was no one around. I know we're not supposed to be doing that, but I wanted to get a feel of it. It felt like a lovely old man's hand was shaking me. I bought the socks, right, so, I thought, it's a bit chillier at the moment. And I know I am looking for the same kind of short of sock to you, but I thought I'll try this because right now it's a bit chilly. Yes, when you get in the car in the morning, I don't like chills coming up my trouser leg. So I'm wearing these thick Explorer socks today.
Speaker 4: And how are you finding I finally gets too hot over the day.
Speaker 3: No, at the moment, Jack, I've got to be honest. I've been in them, you know, two hours and it's like a dressing gown for the feet. It's a bubble bath down there.
Speaker 5: It's all chill blains. Oh, he's done.
Speaker 3: It's really really good. Now this isn't the song we're looking for. But I'm telling you this explorer that one of our couple of our callers recommended is an amazing sock. God. It is comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're not going to do any sports in that.
Speaker 3: Now. I'm working out on today and I'm attempted to rock on start a new kind of look off knee high with shorts. Do you see some athletes do that, don't you? Whether it's like knee high seventies? Yeah, but why not seventiest?
Speaker 5: No in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: Christian Christian I connell Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Last week, Patsy was telling us how the Famous Woman's Weekly Birthday Cake book is going into its fortieth year and this is an institution for you? Or isn't it all these cakes that mums and dans would have had breakdowns on? We had we had Jack's mum on the show yesterday, Jill just telling us about all the various ones she made over the years, and we thought, this is maybe a bad idea of my last Friday. Sometimes, guys, if I say an idea, it's sort of court past six in the morning, don't write it down, Okay.
Speaker 4: Friday ideas and not say this.
Speaker 3: Don't ever remind me again of anything I ever say on a Friday at six fifteen. It's meant to stay on a Friday at six fifteen. Anyway, I did say on air, well, you know what we should do is take one of these cakes, the birth day cake from the Birthday Cake book, and each try and do one this week. Many of you emailed me over the weekend. I wouldn't listen, say don't do this, all right, you don't need to do not do this. You will all have breakdowns this week. However, we are doing it.
Speaker 1: CHRISTI O color but great Australian chake off like give me Kate, Give me.
Speaker 3: Kate now, all right? So only producer Tom, who's come over from a rival radio station. It's a kind of little rescue dog we got from a pound. He had day one yesterday a couple of little parcels on the floor. That's something we can tell it. You know their house training.
Speaker 4: You got a newspaper to the nose.
Speaker 3: No, just a threat, just the threat. He's back with us. Today's come back in today, which is a good sign. New producer, Tom, good morning. It's big on Chrisma. Have you seen as well as got it? He came in yesterday with a brand new clipboard. He's going to stop watch. He's timing all my links and even when Jack Gosa toilet is timing all that. He's been doing time and motion studies this week before he presents his fines and one of his grits that he seems to be living in right now. Yesterday, Tom, we heard that when you were going through the phones, some anonymous team members overheard you say good morning Triple M. Is this true? The tried? Is this true? Yes or no? Did you say good morning Triple M?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did? Okay, all right, So we're gonna have a jar now, Tom, and in it, you're going to place five Australian dollars, not your Kiwi dollars. That money's irrelevant. Five good Australian dollars. Every time you say that old your ex again to any of our gold listeners. Yes, that's fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is like saying in exor's name during the throes of passion, and that's what the show is.
Speaker 3: Can we just name it Christian O'Connor's Throws of Passion three hours three three hours and at eight to nine booning. Okay, gone too far?
Speaker 4: Now you're building these cakes?
Speaker 3: Yes, he let me paint the production again to focus myself.
Speaker 1: Christ you know, color but great Australian jake.
Speaker 3: Off like, give me cake, give me Kate now, Okay, what's going to happen now? Then new producer Tom what's the name of this radio station now work for? He's now going to give us the three cakes. Is each of us is going to be allocate to the cake we're going to mate. I'm hoping I'm going to get on page seventy nine of the birthday cake. But I hope we're going to get mister monster. Have you seen this one? Anyone of no skill like me? That is just a block of cake with a smeary face on it. This is my level of cake making. You can't go wrong with that, even the one they've taken a photo of here looks crap. Mister monster. Looks like they someone slammed on the brakes when they were transporting him to the studio.
Speaker 4: It looks like the before photo, like you used to make cakes like this, but now use this cakebook to make break cakes.
Speaker 3: All right, then there's time for the cakes to be allocated. Tom, who's getting what cake?
Speaker 7: I see?
Speaker 4: I think you should do the rocket.
Speaker 3: Listen to me carefully, Okay, I am you. You know we've not been working that long. Okay. I brought you in, gave you a new home. This rocket. You've got to like get vienna, cream cardboard and your mum yesterday said on the show it broke her.
Speaker 4: It broke her. One am. She changed to a different cake because it was too hard.
Speaker 3: I can't make cakes. I want mister monster. Let's go again, Tom.
Speaker 4: So we told him to give us hard ones. We can't have the squire.
Speaker 3: He needs to know, you know, D two. He doesn't mean falling out on me. Let's go again, Tom watched cake Am I again, don't go again, Tom, the rocket.
Speaker 5: Just get one of those Swiss rolls which are circular, and shove it on top of a bit of.
Speaker 3: So you're saying the role of circular.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can buy the Swiss just look for Swiss rolls.
Speaker 3: What about the cardboard? I said, when am I going to get hold of Vienna cream? Yesterday in the weekend, I was looking for Lebanese Lebanese cucumbers. Now I'm going to be looking for Vienna cream. Okay. What's Jackie boy doing? Tom?
Speaker 4: I think jack should do the truck. The tip truck is the one that the lady who made the book said, never do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yesterday we found this video of the actual editor of the children's birthday cake book. This is what she had to say about the tip truck.
Speaker 7: Tip truck cake, the cake, don't make it really desperate?
Speaker 3: Suddenly the rocket, I'll take the rocket. Okay, wow, Tom, what's Patsy gating?
Speaker 4: I thought pats could do the train?
Speaker 5: No, I am not doing the train exactly, Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, No, he's saying your front cover. We're not front cover, you know, And he's doing an easy rocket.
Speaker 5: Swill carriages is on that thing?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You can't say because it goes off the side of the cover.
Speaker 5: How am I going to get that in from where? On Friday morning?
Speaker 1: On?
Speaker 3: Don't worry the traffic's not moving of our twenty care at the moment, You'll be absolutely fine. It's say, in fact, you might as well sit at the front of it and drive yourself in on the two K train.
Speaker 5: I'll do the carriage and the engine. I'm not doing the whole thing, but then your lose marks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll be left down for that. You have to do the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Ye okay. And who's going to be judging this? When? How long do we have?
Speaker 4: I think Friday is probably the best day to sort of deliver the cake. Who will be judging?
Speaker 3: Oh, don't got anyone yet, Plassic, I'll producer us somebody on.
Speaker 2: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just reading these so called directions for this rocket cake that I'm going to be making, it's actually like a code I don't understand. Make cake according to directions on packet three quarters feel grease two cup pudding basin paul rest of mixed into greased ten follow pattern sea over leaf. I've got to get like strong cardboard to make fins for the cakey rocket to sit on.
Speaker 4: And we're all agreeing that we get no outside help, right, because you can't.
Speaker 3: Get do you think they're going to make a cake, a rocket cake that's really complicated for the dad's work. They don't worry about any extra out for me. I'm going to be all alone. They're not going to support me. Teenagers they want to see me fell, don't worry about that. And then Patsy, so you're doing the you'll be fine, You're you're you're a reasonably talented chef.
Speaker 5: Reacently tellent it.
Speaker 3: Well, we've tried so far of yours with the anzap biscuits, which were I'm still digesting mine from twenty four months ago.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 3: They were old, lumpy stuff.
Speaker 4: If you make the cake out of the same stuff, it'll be rock hard, so at least it won't damage on the way in.
Speaker 5: I might some in the carriages. Jack just to you like a.
Speaker 3: Kind of strong kind of air bag that you're transporting around by O'Connor, Who's Calling Christian starts on this show in thirteen days time. How does it work, Patsy? How does Who's Calling Christian? Work?
Speaker 5: Well, you get to contact a celebrity, any celebrity you like, and not just one, as many as you like get on it, hit their social media accounts, their Twitter, their Facebook, their Insta and try to get them to call you Christian O'Connell when the show is on between six and nine am Australian Eastern Standard time. If they get through, they can win twenty grand for their elected charity. And you can win twenty grand as well. And who doesn't need twenty grand right now, Apatsy.
Speaker 3: If they want to find out more, where can they go and watch a thirty second video?
Speaker 5: They can go on to our website at gold one oh four to three dot com.
Speaker 3: Dote au Gatty and well known Patty pro always a pro, Patsy. Who are a couple of people that you would love to hear on the show? Chatting to us in two weeks time?
Speaker 5: You know who i'd like this year? I'd really really, really really like someone from Ever, preferably.
Speaker 3: Beyond Oh God, Yeah, that would be huge.
Speaker 5: And maybe even Pink the singer Yeah change, but yeah, I mean I know it's just down there, it's something different.
Speaker 3: How would we know which one it is? Because you're not familiar with all the four members?
Speaker 5: Do you need to be on? Frida and Agnita?
Speaker 3: Someone's been reading getting ready for who's calling a Christian? Well done? Abba? Would be amazing. They've got new songs. They've got to saund next year because they really need to promote abba to people on those new songs. They'll be reliant really on hopefully primo interviews with a radio station here in Melbourne. But Patsy's just did a brilliant job explain how it works. It starts in under two weeks time. We're sort of kicking around. Anytime you hear us mentioning anyone of the moment, we're all going, who's calling Christian? Even Ricky Martin and his on Rique Glasiers as well. Yesterday I was saying how Nickelback, Nickelback are back, okay, and over the weekend I heard one of their new songs.
Speaker 4: And you loved it. You wanted to be he bought in the CD and try to get Jason to play it during the show. Actually, excuse me, you're allowed to like Nickelback.
Speaker 3: I just said I. I said that very well, then turn the radio up. But I said pretty clearly that that new Nickelback song is actually Susanna Hoffs. Someone email me yesterday saying they've contacted the agent of Susannah Hoffs and that she's busy at the moment. Don't take no for an answer. If you are contacting celebrities, we're trying to find their agents to let them know about this because it's a lot of money, right, not just twenty thousand dollars for you, which is a huge amount of cash, but actually twenty thousand dollars for a celebrities charity is a big amount of cash. Most the job of an agent really is is to keep It's the same, no, isn't it really? You know, that's the job of an age a lot of time. It's just to keep them safe and away from any.
Speaker 4: Kind of keep all those requests at bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so look, even if someone says no, don't take that as an answer. You don't need to be pushed back or be rude, or I won't get you anywhere. However, don't take no for an answer. There are other ways to go the other way. When we did this last year, a lot of people found it more successful to a quick Google search for some of your favorite stars, whether these are eighty stars and ninety stars, or your favorite kind of comedians of now or TV presenters, musicians, whoever it is. If you type in their name and charities, you will find out very quickly which charities they are officially linked to going through their charities. Charities this year are having their worst every year. They're not getting the funding. We all know why. Okay, everyone's struggle to pay their own bills. No are generously given to charity. If you google it that way, you'll find the charities details going through the charity saying Hey, I'm a big fan of Chris Pratt. He could come on promote this cause it's going to go all over a straight and he could win twenty thousand dollars for your charity. They will go through them that way. That's often a really successful way that a lot of people came on this show last year was via that way. But look all the details you can find on our website God one, I four three dot com dot au. Do let us know tag us in any tweets or any Instagram posts. You really are just one message away from winning twenty thousand dollars. I did have a great email yesterday someone who has approached someone. I don't want to say who this is, but if if this comes off in two weeks time, it will be a big moment for the show and one of you two. Oh huge, what are you doing dying or air or something?
Speaker 5: Or no it's not BRA's or is it who Brian Adams?
Speaker 2: Wait and see Christian a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So yesterday afternoon was third movie. And this thing I'm doing every Monday afternoon with my thirteen year old daughter, movies with my daughter where I had a knockoff on scorning early, but she has to watch a movie with me and then we talk about it afterwards. And I've been looking for movies that actually show us and reveal something about life, and so far we've watched two great movies. Stand By Me was the first one. She loved. That great movie, still great now these years later. It's a timeless classic, as was last week. I took up Jack Post's idea of eighth grade. I hadn't seen this more contemporary came out about two years ago. One of the best coming of age movies I've seen the last ten or twenty years. Yeah, really really good. If John Hughes came along now in this modern era, he'd make a movie like that. Directing written by Bo Burnham is an awesome comedian, but it's a great It's a fantastic movie.
Speaker 4: Loved it and she did last like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she gave it ten out of ten. It's spot on as well for where she is in her life as well. At thirteen and actually watching it, I had a great appreciation of how hard it is for them growing up now with phones because actually watching it, I was realizing at school it's all about were you in with your mates or were you being excluded from friendships? And you didn't really know because we were ignorant. You had no way of knowing if other friends were seeing other mates behind your back. You didn't really know. Now, in phones and Instagram, it's a way for and it's what you know where everybody is. And it's twenty four to seven, and made I hear them going to me, I was so and So's hanging out with so and so, And I don't appreciate all the time what that must be like, because at least everyone has a tough time at time at school, right, But at least when you got home you shut your bedroom door and you had to save space, didn't you. Now they're on their phones all those emotions. You had to go through those challenges. There's never ending trials at school they're on their phones, and so I actually I actually held my relationship with both of daughters watching that last week. So if you've got teenage kids you've not seen it. I can't recommend it enough. Eighth grade loved it really funny as well. And then the one I've been I was going to do this in a couple of weeks time build up to this, she'd said to me, no movies. After an and a half, I'm walking out, she said, I saw, you know, I can't. I can't cope with it short Tenson span. And that's they're the TikTok generation. They're not our solder farts, right, So I was building up to Dead Poets Society. At some point I was going to make it the last one. We watched this every Monday. Total running time two hours, twelve minutes. However, I thought, you know, so I'm going to go this is it now it's crash or bust. Okay, this is the movie. I think she's ready for it. So I lie to her like a good parent. I said, hey, listen, this week's one. It's a bit longer. It's an hour and forty two. I made that was it? It sounded specific. I didn't realize she's got Google. It turns out on her phone. I got to get the sacks. I hear this, you've lied. It's two hours, eleven minutes. I must have look at a different edit. I've got a special cut of it. So I said, look, I tell you what we do. Years ago, there used to be in intermission in cinemas. Halfway through we paused for ice cream shows up. Okay, So anyway, we watched Dead Poets Society, and halfway through I pause it and I go, I'll go and get ice cream. Now she goes, no, I don't want anything.
Speaker 2: Carry on.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember feeling like that watching it. I haven't seen it maybe fifteen.
Speaker 3: Jack, watch it again this week. It is like stand by Me. It's got better. Yeah, it just ages. It's a universal thing. Even though came out Dead Both Society came out in nineteen eighty nine. Nominated for a couple of Oscars came out in nineteen eighty nine, but set in the late fifties. It's like stand by Me. Another bizari One, which is set in the late fifties, but timeless. Those themes about identity, growing up, finding your voice. There's a line in there where he says, find your voice before it's too late and you've lost your voice amongst the sea of voices. And it's like, wow, what great advice actually for any time in your life, especially when you're at their age, you know, and in those teens, when you're trying to work out where are you going to fit into this big world? Suddenly the world feels very big and almost crushing at times, where are you going to fit into it? And also, I've got to say, as a massive fan of Robin Williams, he did so many great movies. I was explained to Lois afterwards because she was going so was he always an actor, He's amazing and he's great. One of his best roles as dead Poets aside is mister Keith in that Teacher. I don't think anyone can do that, that heart and soul than that improvisational wizardry he did in one great movie. I was explained to us how he went from being the biggest comedian in the world in the day he was the biggest comedian in the world. Imagine like Kevin Hart and then suddenly that comedian who's like crazy and wild and all that stuff turns out to be not just a good actor, but I really really is prime won the best actors you know in so many great movies. You think about weightnings, I mean he had proper and then Missus Doubt Fire he had proper range as well, and then Dead Poet Society is an incredible movie, and she gave it eleven out of ten. At the end she said, it was a yeah, there are so many beautiful scenes in there. I've listened to this one.
Speaker 8: We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race, and the human race is filled with passion and medicine, law, business, engineering. These are novel pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, wrong, man, love, He's of what we stay alive for.
Speaker 3: I'll end up yesterday watching a great interview Ethan Hawk and all the other boys in there. They're incredible. They were like sixteen seventeen and it's an Australian director, an amazing director called Peter Weir that directed this movie also did The Truman Show, Witness whole load of other incredible movies. He made all the boys live together and you get it in the movie stand By Me. There's a real kinship there that support that brotherhood that they have together, and you can feel it in there. There's one famous scene. Even if you haven't seen it for a few years, you may remember Ethan Hawk is amazing in it. He was seventeen when he made this movie. It's his first proper movie, and he wanted to be a very serious actor. And he meets Robin Williams on set and it's a big movie. Robin Williams and Robin Williams in the movie isn't in every scene, but it's kind of like Jaws in the movie George Jaws isn't in it. Jaws isn't in it all the time, but when he is, there's this amazing impact. And when he's not there, you miss him. He's not in a lot of the movie. He's missing from it, but you are. Where is mister Keating? You want mister Keating back anyway. When there's a big scene where Ethan Hawk's character can't he can't really he doesn't like reading out loud and he's writing all his beautiful poetry, but he's struggling to find his voice, and Robin Williams grabs hold of him, starts spinning him around. It's like this really great famous steady cam scene. It's almost it makes you dizzy. He's trying to disorientate him. The other kids are laughing. He's going to forget about them, forget about them, and he starts to improvise his poem. I didn't realize that whole scene was improvised. Robin Williams insisted with the young Ethan Hawk he mustn't prepare anything. He needs to take a leap of faith and get beyond himself. Wow Ethan Hawk. In this interview right watching it yesterday evening, Ethan Hawk starts saying, how the rest of his he's had an amazing, like thirty five year career. He's still searching for that high that Robin Williams showed him when he was seventeen. Isn't that amazing? But watching a movie aback yesterday, it also reminded me of someone else as well, which I though it'd be really nice to do today. There are some movies that remind you about some part of your life. The big thing in the movie is you wish you had a teacher like mister Keating he's amazing. And when they all stand on the tables at the end and they go my captain, their last little small act of defiance to the institution that is now kicking mister Keaton Robin Williams out of the movie, you realize how what a difference it makes having just you're lucky if you have one or two good teachers and your whole time at school. You're lucky if you have one or two good teachers and you do remember their name. So I wonder if it'd be really nice thing to do d for the next ten minutes on the show, tell us the name of one teacher who really made a difference to you. It doesn't mean they changed your life and you now you did something because they said you should, but they made a difference in your life in a small way.
Speaker 2: Hell Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, So third movie Yesterday in Movies with My Daughter Yesterday, Dead Poets Society. She gave it eleven out of ten. She loved it. Her favorite line in it, actually, I said, what are your favorite bits? She loved the bit where mister Keating is played by the amazing Robin Williams, where he is talking about poetry, and he's talking about life and why it's important for life, and he says life is like a play. The play goes on and you get to contribute a verse. What will your verse be? She went yesterday, printed it off. She found it. You know these days you can find all these quotes from movies over still of it she printed off yesterday, and I was saying good night. So I looked on her bedroom wall, blue tacked up freshly up there was that quote I love printed off. Sometimes there's one little line that can make such a difference. Anyway, we all wish we had a teacher like mister Keatoning, and maybe you were lucky enough to have a teacher that made a difference in your love school, because one teacher can make a huge difference. You know, you got two worlds when you're a kid. It's mum and dad, but that's not the big world really, once she gets your teen years, it's school, that mega universe there. It's all about school, isn't it. Everything's there. And so a teacher just being seeing you for who you are or what you might be able to grow into is a really really big deal. Who was a fu Jack? Did you have a good teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My music teacher was named Miss Bartosi, and she talked to us like equals, not like the rest of the school teachers were. Where they would you know, they were teachers and you were the students. Yeah, where she would talk to us on level. And I even remember when I went to do work experience for the first time in year nine or ten. I was at a local music shop and she even took the time out of a day to come down to the music shop and just pop in and say hi and see how I was going.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a lovely thing to do. Oh that's great. Who would be for you, Patsy.
Speaker 5: I loved mister Keane. He was my year eight maths teacher, and I was dreadful at maths, Like I really used to cause me so much anxiety because I just couldn't do it. But he really nurtured me. It was like this wise old owl, and he used to wear a suit and tie, and he'd smoke a pack of his counter day and the ends of his fingers were always like yellow from the cigarette. But you know what really impressed me was in my twenties, I went back to my hometown and he'd retired there and I ran into him at Cole's at the supermarket, and you know, he knew exactly where I was, that I was at Double TFM doing news. At that time.
Speaker 3: I had been so proud.
Speaker 5: I had no idea he'd even known what I'd done once I moved to Melbourne, but he could tell me which st or been at, what shifts are done. I was so overwhelmed. He was a.
Speaker 3: Teacher and one of your kids gets to go and break out and just do something and contribute their verse in a different way to the great play of life. That's an amazing thing. He would have been really proud of a pouty.
Speaker 5: He was a sweet sweet man.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to other lines, Brian, good morning.
Speaker 9: I had a technical mister Walsh who took me a lot of respect for everybody and taught us all to be honest like an eve and pudding and very much like the guy in did Power Society. He was a really good teaker.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how many years were you at school many years ago and getting Brian, you still.
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 9: I do. I caught up with him one half the school like a bit ten fifteen years later, and he just he was a really nice, fantastic person to talk to and just on fame level as that's not like the other guy said that. You know this George us you know, just like like someone lesser than them. You know, it was.
Speaker 3: It was very good, awesome. Thank you very much for sharing that, Brian, have a good day.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Byte Shane coome oning, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Shane. So who's the teacher who made a difference at your school?
Speaker 11: The teacher that made a difference is his name was mister may Law and I'm going back to about forty years and twice a week he used to take six kids in his panel van from Narry Warren to mon Bulk to do swimming lessons after school and then he would take us all home and then on the Thursday he would do another six kids out of the school and teachers how to swim.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a big part of the downtime. Is it a tough job to be a teacher, isn't it? He not paid nowhere near enough for such an important job. That's a big thing out of his own time doing that for you guys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, it was fantastic and tillis day I remember everything about him, even when he dropped the Stanley knife in his leg and he goes, ah, I think I have to go home.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for sharing that with Thank you mate. Hey, hey, Luca said doctor Harry.
Speaker 12: Yes, Christian good mone Yes.
Speaker 3: Doctor Harry. Always great to have you on the show. How are you this morning?
Speaker 12: You well, yeah, yeah, still trying our best, still supporting, still supporting. My favorite station. My favorite teacher was mister Twist. He spelled his name t w I s Q. But the funny thing about him was he was from Estonia and he would stand in front of the class teaching English with a heavy accent, and as he spoke, he would move his hips because his favorite artist was Chubby Checker. So we'd all be sitting there grooving a lot with me grooving along to Keats and Sheeting, eating Keats and Shakespeare while he's shaking around the room. Got to twist and shout hilarious the dentists instead of a normal person.
Speaker 3: All right, doctor Harry, take care, Thank you very much. All right.
Speaker 2: By the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast Time for three top of Tuesday, when we do three phone ins at the same time. The number you need nine four one four one oh four three, the same number if you know Robert de Niro's hotmail account to get him to call me in two weeks time. But who's calling Christian? Because I know some of you have it. Let's get him to call me, all right today? Then teenage phases we all went through, maybe several. I think it's important that you do. It's a rite of passage to go through several different incarnations. The where your hair looks, the color, the length, everything, the way you look. Jack and I shared a couple of weeks ago how both of us are various times try to look like Axel.
Speaker 4: Rose Red Bandanna and leave a jacket.
Speaker 3: Well, for me, I've went as far as cowboy boots and an earring as well. It looks an idiot, But this is what is with the teenage phase. One of my kids has just announced she's going to be a vegetarian, but it feels like a part time one because apparently she still would like a Maca's on a Friday. I don't think that's what Linda McCartney did you know. I don't think you can be a part time editarium. But teenage phases, what did you go through?
Speaker 5: Pats, I wanted dreadlocks. When I was sixteen. One of the girls in our town had the most amazing dreadlocks. My mum was horrified. I nearly got them, but I pulled out at the last minute because I learned when you want to get rid of them or grow them out, you have to actually cut your hair, really short hair. Yeah, apparently, and I thought, oh no, I can't have short hair.
Speaker 4: I wish you went through that. If I could see the photos of you with dread.
Speaker 3: Loss, what about it's never too late. Yeah, I think it would look great for you to have dreadlocks. Now.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so, especially now that you're popping up on today Extra people can see you on.
Speaker 3: TA It would just be like a branding thing. Really, is you know, news with the dreadlocks? Nodlock lady? No, No, okay, teenage phases. This Friday, the three of us are all going to be transporting cakes in a car. Pats he's going to be transporting in for like the hour trips. She has the train.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: You're doing the tip truck, tip truck. I'm trying to make this cake rocket. We're all going to take a cake each from the Women's Weekly Birthday Cake Books. So I've got the rocket, Jack's got the tip truck, which is supposed to be the worst one. Patsy's got the train, which looks really really hard.
Speaker 4: Yours is the worst to transport because it's.
Speaker 3: Even though I make it well unlikely, I can't bake right. Even if I make it reasonably well, that's not making half an hour and a calm. Do I put seatbelt over it? How do you keep the rocket from actually just falling over? All? Right? So, hassles transporting things? You ever tried to take anything in a car or hide a van or anything and had hassles transporting anything? Unusual? And last one today on three Time Tuesday, we're looking for teenage phases that you went through hassles moving things in a car or transport and then attacking inanimal objects. I attacked my actually kicked my laptop across the floor on Saturday when I was writing and it was just hit a wall. It wasn't going very well, and I was actually I actually dropped kicked it across the floor.
Speaker 4: Did it survive?
Speaker 3: Yes it did, yes, yes, at the time, I just it's just that you just want to destroy something, you know.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: This week, then on three Toby Tuesday when we do three phone in's at the same time about your teenage phases that you went through, transporting things in the households you had and attacking inanimate objects. We've got to forget a week Sunday it is Father's Day. Yes, I know you've forgotten. It's a week Sunday. We've got one hundred dollars chemist warehouse Father's Day gift pack. Got loads of good stuff in there for Dan and Clan, some my Calvin, Kleine Fragrance as well. Jack. What did you try and move?
Speaker 4: So when you're talking about transporting difficult things, I had forgotten all about this. Did you guys have the fake baby at high school? That was you meant to take home and it was meant to teach you the responsibilities of having a real battle.
Speaker 3: I was called a flower baby. It literally was like a pair of Humum's tights with like a couple of kilos of flower pored in it, and you had like a head and goo eyes on it, and he meant to carry it round. She realized what a big deal it was to carry around and look after a baby.
Speaker 4: So by the time I got to school, it had advanced into a robotic baby that looked like a baby beyond, but it actually had a computer in it that would time how long the baby cried for and it would give all this feedback to the teacher of how well you did it.
Speaker 3: Looking after the baby.
Speaker 4: I was the first person in the grade to get the brand new robotic baby that came to the school, and I was so embarrassed about it that I remember trying to put the baby because it would cry anytime you're not holding it. Put the baby into my backpack and zip it up to come from school.
Speaker 3: What pad is that? How old were you? I was fifteen zipping a baby that you're supposed to be looking after in a backpack. And what did the robot baby report you?
Speaker 4: Well, the robot baby shows its cried, but I guess it has no indicators to say, hey, I was in a backpack for an hour coming to school. Never give this kid a child.
Speaker 3: This is what than what Michael Trackin's dad did to him and the other Jackson four. This is shocking, all right? No four one four one oh four three. If you want to win the hundred dollar Chemist Warehouse Father's Day gift. Pat, your story is about your teenage phases transporting things and attacking in animal objects.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: To Down three topic Tuesday, and we're looking to hear about your teenage phases that you grew through transporting unusual things. Jackson shared a traumatic story about transporting a fake baby keyword here and now you don't hang on every word fake robotic baby in a backpack, which that he was supposed to be looking after. They wear a ton of those ones, don't they.
Speaker 4: Well we should make I mean, we've already got the baking challenge this week, but maybe we should look after the baby.
Speaker 3: Did that for years of my life? Okay, done that for real? Pooing crying babies? Okay, done that? Not doing that for a radio prank? Not interested? Okay, Debrah, Hi, Hi Debbie, And uh, what's your story for us this morning?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: About transporting something unusual?
Speaker 13: They transporting my horse and we had been just driving down the road. People were looking at It's very strange. Got to the end and realized that he'd spun himself around and was spacing out back.
Speaker 3: What with the head yes, how I thought that's better for the horse. Surely to have a lot of looks you around see the driver enjoyable.
Speaker 13: But that's why they have a window at the front of the float.
Speaker 3: So the little window isn't it's a little slit they got there. Let them have that big one out the back, and.
Speaker 4: Then they're only looking at the back of your car, whereas if they poked out the back they can play ice.
Speaker 3: By or he was here the registration game where they try and make out, you know, movie names from the people's, Red Joe's and stuff like that. It's more for them to do. Can talk to people, okay, people get in the motion. Debra, thank you very much. You're cool. Hey bye bye bye now Jason, good morning, Good morning, Jason.
Speaker 7: Yeah, many many years ago, travel on my car.
Speaker 3: It stopped.
Speaker 7: I tried everything I've got to get it started and wouldn't start. Punch the windscreen smashed. That got upsets. Ran my threat in the mechanic. He can't, I said, you can't fix up burn it. He bring me up. He goes to check this, yep, check that, yep, check this, yep, check your field gage. Oh now, I just had to feel at the front of the service station.
Speaker 2: Nor Yeah.
Speaker 7: True. Sorry.
Speaker 3: It's like Forty Towers, isn't it when Forty attacks his little his little car with the with the branch.
Speaker 7: Exactly that exactly. Just just get in burning and frustrating at the same time, because I really loved that car.
Speaker 4: Jason, you're telling you story so fast. You sort of brushed over it. Did you punch your hand through the windscreen and pick?
Speaker 3: We didn't hear that, right, you punched the gup. We also took up with burning it as well. If it wouldn't start. Jesson now works for a roadside assistant. Well, if you can't start, you can't hit burn. It's part of the truck.
Speaker 7: I would say, yep, bither way.
Speaker 3: All right, Jason, thank you very much. Take care of mate. Fie Cindy, Hi Christian.
Speaker 10: When I was five, my mum actually transported a cockatil.
Speaker 9: On her Datson on the rest of her Datson in the cage.
Speaker 3: On the roof of the car. Yep, cockatail in the cage. Yep, amazing. How was the cage secured to the roof of the Datson.
Speaker 14: It was just tied down from the bottom of the cage.
Speaker 3: I was your mum was that thing where you see guys sometimes with an entire mattress with just the one right hand poking out the window. Whether your mom just had a hand on the cage. It's almost like a police siren. Before they had actual Simon say, just had canaries and cages. They were an emergency vehicle pull over. That is incredible. I would it would make my year if I was driving along and I saw a bird in the cage. Does a bird like that? Is it asked for? It? Take me for a It's been pleased.
Speaker 2: Christian Hell Christian O'Connell show Podcast three Witchhuesday.
Speaker 3: We do every week. Hopefully we get some stories about the teenage phases she went through. Patsy almost grew out treadlocks. I did have an earring for a year when I was sixteen. My dad to say, I look like a strange pirate. I look like a fool, and these are the rights that we should all grow through. Basically when you're teenager, I'm guessing you went full email.
Speaker 4: Oh I went. I had so many seasons of different phases. Yeap emo was big in the early two thousands when I was at high school. I just didn't it didn't look good with my curly hair. I tried to go jet black, but curly hair did not. I didn't couldn't, just couldn't get that fringe over the face that you were meant to get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so tell us this one about the teenage phases you went through. My daughter's announced of the weekend that she's going to be a vegetarian, but like a it's like a part time one. She wants fried chicken on a Friday night, so heavily committed. When iked, aw, why going to be a vegetarian? She went something I just saw on TikTok Like it was like a listen, that's the news. That's what they get then from now as TikTok. So we're looking for the teenage phases that you went through, also moving, transporting unusual things. We've had a canary in a cage on a car row so far, and also attacking inanimate objects. Nine four one four one four three Darren, Good morning, Good morning, Christian Darren. I hope you're well. What's your story for us?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 10: Oh, look I had a bit of a problem with I solded my lawn moler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 10: Well, obviously I'm back in the nineteen eighty five, I was having a bit of a problem starting.
Speaker 3: It this one. You had that ripcord, that's it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hard work, Well not if you don't get it started and pick it up and throw it over the neighbors back fence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's one way to try and start it. I guess that was in the instructions or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Well, obviously the instructions didn't entail having to knock on the neighbor's door and from the lawnmower bank.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean growing up we had some someone's going to ask for your ball back, but not your actual law moower. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah. And the look on my wife's face as he's watching the aird of the landing window going shaking her head. I could just see the mouting that she's just saying, I think you're an idiot.
Speaker 4: Maybe the strength.
Speaker 3: Jacket anger.
Speaker 10: It was a lot of anger. And actually, as I was picking it up, I'm thinking, bloody hell, this is really heavy. Shouldn't have started this, But I was so angry. I kept going and offer, when.
Speaker 4: Did you did you like press it up or did you get the hammer throw get some spin on it?
Speaker 10: Oh? No, I just picked it straight up over your bank, straight over the fence.
Speaker 3: Quite it's quite a feat. A few enjoyance that you should have the world's strongest man. I don't have the truck ball, but they should have the lawnmower toss. That's sort of sort the men out from the boys.
Speaker 10: Well it's a bit harder to throw than a song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Darren, thank you very much. She call have a good day, thanks, Christian John, Good morning morning.
Speaker 7: How you going, Christian?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good? I can hear the hazard lights on there? You pulled over a good man.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 11: I'm I actually transported a dead person in the combe.
Speaker 4: Should we be worried?
Speaker 3: Now with the old killer John on the line? Now, the body's not in the back, is it? With the hazard lights on? Light?
Speaker 11: He was actually an old hippie and he's dying, which was transported in an old coby with flail pastickers all over it.
Speaker 3: Oh, how awesome. So instead of the old black traditional hearse, he was in the back in the coffin like that.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you could do that. I thought it was a legal one actually.
Speaker 11: Yeah, whether it was not.
Speaker 10: This is going back about fifteen twenty years ago.
Speaker 11: So yes, So do you have to.
Speaker 4: Have a special poet, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know you have permits for everything in Australia, right, but surely transporting a dead person. Imagine how to go to the council and.
Speaker 4: From that reckon someone won be able to tell us.
Speaker 5: All right, you know what, one of the Love God's mates passed away and he had this beautiful old ute, this holding newte and he'd done it up and we took him from the church to the cemetery as part of the you know in Yeah we did, and I don't know if we did get.
Speaker 3: Special the coffin in a ute, yes, and it's actually.
Speaker 5: Really beautiful and the top of yeah, it didn't have a cover. Yeah, the back of the ute.
Speaker 3: Not but like a learning like old tarp in the bank some time waiting to go for a walk.
Speaker 4: To the back.
Speaker 3: About waiting for its.
Speaker 9: Warm Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so we've now drifted a bit into an interesting area transporting dead bodies in anything other than a hearse.
Speaker 4: Do you need a permit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you need a permit? That's what we want to know about right now. This all came because we heard it called of just talk about a dead hippie who didn't want to be in a right so didn't want to be in a hearse. He wanted to be in a kind of I guess a customized combi. David's sent us email going, I hope they drew on the top of the coffin for the past away. Yeah, hippie Nature's candle. They all love the Nature's carol. David good throwback, great, very very good piece of business that, David. I'm going to send you something for that. I forgot about Nature's Candle from Jackie Boy on yesterday's show. All right, we all want to know can you move a dead person in your car rather than a hearse? Dave's on the line, Come on in, Dave.
Speaker 11: More and David, you do not need a permit.
Speaker 3: No no.
Speaker 9: When my dad passed away, we wanted him in the back of his f two fifty and the funeral home gave us a frame to put in.
Speaker 11: The back and chucking straight in the back of the ute and off we went.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I think I think we should all have our right to go to your final resting place however you want the hearses always looky looks so scary and intimidating, and.
Speaker 7: They drive too slow.
Speaker 3: Fustraight, you're right. Why can't they get some nitrous socks?
Speaker 4: You're taking from in the great yard.
Speaker 9: Back to the cemetery.
Speaker 7: And when we pulled in on the freeway, I give it the.
Speaker 3: R I p fast enough. Yeah, I have thought that was behind hers. Get on the old horn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we put him in the grand carry on.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, good corn, Okay, take care of me. Cheers mate, Brian, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning. Here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 9: We we transported a coffin on a side car from motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Not the dead person squished into the sidecar.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, he was in the coffin. We took the body off the sidecar and mounted him onto the frame of the sidecar. And we were told we didn't need a permit to do it, so we did.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 9: Was the president of their Moorcocle club, so we that was how we well fit to take him to the cemetery. So that was it. On the sidecar of a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: What anish way to do it? That is how to do it, isn't it. I think that's so just we get the image right. So if I was driving towards you, i'd see you and the motorbike where the sidecar would have been is a coffin.
Speaker 9: Yep, that's correct.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a wheel underneath it.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I had had the wheel. I had the framework for the for the for the body that normally sits on there. We took the body off, made some some clamps and some gigs and so on to to clamp the coffin onto it and set him in there. So it was his last ride was on a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: That was it. That's so great. He was the president of your bike club.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: And Brian, did you move at a slow pace like the hearst Wood or did you go full gun?
Speaker 9: We were doing bed Ladys, could be.
Speaker 3: Careful that frame breaks. Get left. He's going right into a macas dry. All right, Brian, that's a great call. We'll send you Brice. Stay there, I do, thank you mate. Awesome stuff today, one last school before the headlines of Patsy Justin. Good morning, good morning here he's going I'm good justin. So I understand this is a two f story you've got for us about.
Speaker 14: I've got a two for for you, and if my brothers listen, he's probably gonna kill me. Anyway, I'll start off.
Speaker 7: You've got to.
Speaker 14: Imagine at the eighties nineties and he's in a David le Rock Vince Neil era he loved Monty Cruz David le Rock, and he's got the skin tight Livid pants on long hand, the T shirt and he's playing my Nintendo. He loses in the AFL game and he starts literally biting my Nutendo controller lobs it over his head, lands in the fish tank where me, Mexican walking fish are. I'm twelve years old morning.
Speaker 9: This is my life Nintendo.
Speaker 14: Anyway. The next day he's turned his hair and I've just looked at him. I said, you better ask mum for a Wham T shirt. Not not the cruise had the Devil and he snipped the cords of my control and actually loved them in the pebbles of the fish tank.
Speaker 3: As ornaments how much going on with this. It feels like we've had an update from the family in the castle.
Speaker 14: To me, I'm the one whose mum drove on the footy ground chasing me for hitting players.
Speaker 3: Remember that, seriously, that you should have a flammable documentary about your family. Amazing, We're weird.
Speaker 7: We love we we are calling the supporters, but we are weird.
Speaker 3: All right, justin we got to go. Thank you very much. You kill me. Take care.
Speaker 2: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Great calls this morning on three each of its Tuesday and then the last three calls about moving decease people in other vehicles other than hearses. Fascinating, amazing, really good. It makes me think about how I might want to be moved. Would you do? I think you know what I'd actually really like. I like everyone to be gathered together at my funeral. Then I'd like my body be fed into a wood chipper. But it's it's pushed out towards them.
Speaker 4: Right, so we all get a little piece. Yes, yeah, what about you? I'll go in the back of my une.
Speaker 3: Now, ain't going to start that day? Bay? I mean two dead people turning at me, going that death trap, Patsy.
Speaker 5: I want one of those old Victorian horse and carts, you know, the old hearses with the glass and then the horse still.
Speaker 3: Use traditionally where Abe where you live, isn't.
Speaker 5: It horses with the big feather plumes on their.
Speaker 3: Heads like the queen a state funeral. Okay, all right, today is National Dog Day, right, yes, National Dog Day today, on National Dog Day, we are looking for your dog songs. How are your dog songs?
Speaker 4: They're good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right, I've got blue chewed shoes.
Speaker 4: Silver plus is not happy blue heeler shoes.
Speaker 3: This is how we do it. Oh hell yeah, thank you. Papa's got a brand new pooh bag.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Rex.
Speaker 4: Gold, thank you.
Speaker 3: Nothing compares to ship zoo, nothing compares to ship to silver. And then finally today, hang on, let me get the clip ready. Who's this little dog here?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Hello there, little boy, mister bull Mastiff. Mister bull Mastiff is very good. Half an hour to get that clip, haven't I. I've been through five different versions going back.
Speaker 4: Then you can bring.
Speaker 3: Mister ball.
Speaker 4: Plus.
Speaker 3: I hope there is a bull mast difficult, mister Mastiff. All right, jackie boy, what have you got? Hello? Yes, I'm sorry, sorry, this is the second.
Speaker 4: A moment there, great danes of fire, no wondering pause before that bronze Collie fornication, funny Gold, come said the good boy.
Speaker 3: Bronze. You know this as well These aren't great. You know that today, These aren't good. These are rough, rough, rough.
Speaker 4: Okay, knock knock, knocking on labradors.
Speaker 3: Now that's better of silver play. I'm gonna give that gold. That's good. Okay, Oh look who's back. It's miserable massive. That's enough now okay, send us your dog songs to oh four seven five O three one oh four three Shaggy for who's calling Christian? Seriously imagining one hour if we get Shaggy nelly hammer.
Speaker 4: You know he doesn't do anything like that. He's got he's got a really regular yes.
Speaker 3: Like that. I had a song I'll called mister Mambas.
Speaker 4: Does he He does not speak in a low voice at all, completely normal voice, normal voices.
Speaker 3: We got to get him on Who's Christian?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast on National Dog Day.
Speaker 3: Today's time waste is your dog songs? You've ready to mark Jackie Boy hungry like a wharf, Silver Aiden looking for dog songs today, Puppy, don't preach gold nis turning Pecanese.
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar with the Pecanese.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, little dog, instead of turning Japanese. That's a good one. Silver uh, tough film Hotel Colliefornia.
Speaker 4: Similar derivative of my colliphonication.
Speaker 3: But stronger bronze. Muttup of your face.
Speaker 4: That that's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like what I had. Well done, Adam. Uh every day this week one hundred and fifty dollars voucher get a load of great vinyl discrepancy records. Might up your face is a great one, Adam, well done. Another one by it's a postman Silver, don't worry be staffy Silver plus Man, I feel like a Doberman Fronz, unchained Doggie Franz getting diggy with it.
Speaker 4: Silver Martin.
Speaker 3: Dude looks like he has rabies. That's very funny. That's really funny. Yeah, that's great, Sharpy, well done. Let it be Eagle Silver New Alsatian in excess. Silver plus walkies this way Highway to how Silver. I would always love your leg Silver. Poor the voice trying to understand it, poor the voice.
Speaker 4: Silver plus we will we will walk you Gold.
Speaker 3: That is great. I'm going to see that to my dog round today when I take her for a walk. Will we will walk you? Uh Spain alive.
Speaker 4: Spain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like for the ladies.
Speaker 4: The job silver two, get them fixed up right?
Speaker 3: Un necessary? Where to end it? That was fun until she started talking there in that darkness. Jackie Boy, who's getting a hundred fifty dollars four discrepancy records, mat up your face, Might up your face, and in You're the Winner.
Speaker 6: Christian Christian I Connell, Christian o'connalds Show podcast of today's show, Killer John Online one, two things before we bow out, Feast your ears, Finally the welk.
Speaker 3: In here Well the almost couldn't hear Amy Shark and Jack Post Yes podcast actually went up yesterday. If you don't, if you've not heard any of the episodes, Jack's doing this brilliant, brilliant his own podcast. It's a great idea. He chats to someone and then he makes some one of his brilliant songs at the end of it. He spends days making these songs. I've been I'm the next guest, have you.
Speaker 5: We haven't even been spoken.
Speaker 4: To or I'm trying to go through your manager.
Speaker 5: That's fine, You're very hard to get off all so.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear the Amy Shark one, that's up now right, and if you wonder about the Amy Shark one, It almost wasn't It was almost just this.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, I just didn't record it.
Speaker 3: You are so lucky. But Amy Shark did record it well.
Speaker 4: She recorded video on her and so we were able to stitch the video audio together.
Speaker 3: Now on tomorrow show something which fell away yesterday from Jack's Dad. Jack's dad was trying to sell some CDs and we brought the CDs on air. There was about thirty on CDs. We managed to open up the lines and we mantually get one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it. One hundred and twenty bucks in the end, is so what it was? Oh yeah, hundred twenty bucks. And I thought, I honestly said, dad, you won't get rid of these for more than five bucks. No one's buying CDs anymore. But he sold them yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we have a very happy customer. And we decided that we're going to do this once a week on the show. We sell your stuff on a Wednesday. Every Wednesday. We're just set. We're just taking more one customer at a time. Okay, one customer, one bit of tat that you're trying to sell. We will try and get you the very best price from one of our listeners. So already John Post very happy customer. He was hoping to get thirty to fifty dollars. We got him one hundred and twenty dollars deal. That's great news. This could be you tomorrow morning. So if you're looking to sell something at the moment in lockdown, get rid of some of your gear, email me today. Okay, get in there. Early to the party for antiques radio show, Jack came up with.
Speaker 4: That title thank You. I was wondering if I was going credit.
Speaker 3: Worse shure come on that one, So email me Christian at christiano'connor dot com dot au
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show podcast