Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: As the hell everybody starting New Zealand accent. I was like, this is producer Brookers New Zealand. But because she's such a fucking banshee, she always she always comes out Australian vibes because she saw a banshee energy which is indicative of her Australian vibes.
Speaker 2: Do you agree? Can you talking to a New Zealand accent? Quickly?
Speaker 3: Taylor?
Speaker 2: Hello, my name is Brooke Taylor. Hot bring that that's a little Brooks. That makes you even hotter? Yeah? I like that? And you are looking good today?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's hot. That felt right. New Zealand is the best country. I think it's actually the best country. And I've never been neither. I just like, I really like Rose Matafayo Yep. The artist, yep, comedian, the guy that does thaw Taikobatiti his early.
Speaker 2: Work and also his late work.
Speaker 3: Once he did this short film about two kids in a car in a car park.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 3: Otherwise it's just like the New Zealand vibe. My dad's best friends in New Zealand and he's crazy. Shout out mctaggett. He once he changes street name in Saint Kilda in Melbourne and the council just adopted it. It's McTaggart lane. Oh he's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's a bit of you. Yeah, I like him. An unarchist, an anarchist.
Speaker 1: Let's go fleck and frooms.
Speaker 4: There are Selen Gomes people. They're tailors with people. They're a Justin Bibber people.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm a Justin Bibber person. I am a fan.
Speaker 4: So last year Selena dropped a documentary which I did not watch because it took me a lot of years to realize I don't even like documentaries. I really don't. People always recommending Oh he's like a conspiracy one. Here's a kind of one.
Speaker 2: I just don't think I care.
Speaker 4: All these musician ones are the I want to I just want to consume fiction, fiction, fiction, fiction.
Speaker 2: That's good, it opens your mind more. I agree.
Speaker 4: So, I though I did hear some residual buzz, you know, the kind of buzz that is so big that it's reaching the mainstream. And then I've picked up a few headlines and so from what I gathered, Selena Gomes has had a lot of health complications in her life and at some point in time needed a kidney and her friend at the time and they were kind of like acting friends who became good friends. Francier Riser was put on the short list to be a kidney donor because I had like compatible types of whatever's required.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 4: So it came out that one day Francier gets a call from Selena, and Selena's like, oh my goodness, I'm so excited, like you're a match, so like I can have your kidney, And Frankie was kind of like, oh shit, Like it was like it was a possibility. But like the way she came at me being so excited, I felt I didn't have a choice that I needed to give her the kidney, because like she's really hype, and like I hadn't committed my self to being without the kidney, and like I didn't really need it, but I didn't really want to.
Speaker 2: Give it away, and like we were friends, but will be that close.
Speaker 4: Long story short, she gives her the kidney right years later, as in now last year twenty twenty two, the documentary comes out and Selena you know, goes through and she's thanking all these people who were instrumental in her life and does not thank Frontier does not think kind of references it by situation, not really by specifics, like I, you know, I had a friend who gave me a kidney, la.
Speaker 2: La la, but doesn't name check her. Yeah, it doesn't name check her.
Speaker 4: And then and then goes on to say something like I have no friends in the industry.
Speaker 2: Kay yay, Sae sae safty. So it's this kidney chick in the industry.
Speaker 4: Kidney chick is an actress, yeah, Francie is a full on actress in the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then Francia comes out and it's kind of like, oh, that's a little bit odd, like no friends might just literally gave you a body part. And then I was thinking to myself, like, number one, this is why you gotta be careful you.
Speaker 2: Start doing favors.
Speaker 4: For number two, how many years of bragging rights are you owed when you give someone part of your body? Because as for me, you better never let that die down. Like you know, let's say, for example, I lent you a dress. Right, Let's say we're going to an award show. You say, FLEXI you can I borrow a dress? I say, yeah, every time you get a compliment in that dress, I'm gonna need you to say it's flex a tribute, right, that feels like standard. If I gave you a kidney, never take it out of your Instagram bio, I never take it.
Speaker 2: Out of your email signature. Are you joking? And then you so, wait, explain this. You've got two kidneys? Yeah, I think so. If you only have one, does that mean you can't drink as much alcohol? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like the thing that kidney does will move and then the gallblader will help you out or whatever. Little of a Okay, doctor flex, doctor flex pH Yeah, it's a radio show.
Speaker 3: People like dead air flex. It means they can reflect as well. Listen the voice of them the voice of the every man, and every man is having thoughts. Okay, listen, that is pretty crazy. I will say. We all do the slip. You've been in an award show before, Maybe we've won something, maybe I've forgotten something. Who knows factor fision, factor fision, A little.
Speaker 2: Bit of fisi. Remind you.
Speaker 4: When I was writing my book and my publishers kept saying, like, who do you want to put any acknowledgments I was like, no one, because I'm going to forget someone.
Speaker 2: You didn't put anyone, not even your mom.
Speaker 4: No, because I'm like, I'm going to forget someone who was instrumental in some capacity who I've forgotten, or it's going to feel like hierarchied in some way. I'm not doing it. It's a set up every time. Kind of reminds me of when you see that one friend of yours, maybe they're like an acquaintance or like a party friend, someone you've established some kind of connection with on their finser talking about I have no friends, and you're like, okay.
Speaker 2: Cool, Like you just don't. I don't want the smoke, So I'm like, you know what, don't worry about it. When I was at school, he's really quick.
Speaker 3: My one of my friends put on a Facebook because like all the girls went out with her out her saying all my friends are sea words.
Speaker 2: We still had three nights ago.
Speaker 1: So you see flex and fruits.
Speaker 4: It's a brand new year, twenty two twenty three. Though I should or probably will be writing twenty twenty until at least twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, it has a ring to it. I prefer it so sad. It was a nothing year. No, don't say that. I guess I had quite a fun year.
Speaker 2: Literally it was what you meant nothing year.
Speaker 3: That was COVID, big ronie nothing year in terms of like, it wasn't excited, it was oh las, my brain's still fried from having COVID twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gross, I'm sorry. She more gentle. Do you do news resolutions? Off the dome?
Speaker 3: Never have never will never have, no, never made a point to never do it?
Speaker 4: What is that like some sort of like self sabotagee If I don't set goals, I don't have to fail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's the opposite.
Speaker 3: It's the opposite because if I want to do something, I should do it straight away and not wait for January's first.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 4: I don't do news resolutions, but I definitely do yearly themes. Sometimes I get them from astrology, Sometimes I get them from tarot. Sometimes I get them from my mind to make certain commitments to myself that I'm like, not goal oriented, but vibe oriented. So last year twenty twenty two was meant to be socialite era. It was meant to be the year of hedonism, vibes, leisure, pleasure, ease. It did not go well. We had acute January February, the vibes were up. I was like, I'm in Ghana, then I'm back. It's gonna go to La. It didn't happen. Meant to be at Coachelli Celly didn't happen. I said, all good or good, We'll pick it back up, pick a back up, pick it back up. We did not, in fact pick it back up until about late October November.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: It was a good effort, but it wasn't a consistent effort. And so what I'm finding is that this year is a similar vibe. I don't want to be a fearmonger, you know, I keep talking about the apocalypse, but I just think it's so lame to be blessed with the gift of youth and to act like an old person and not enjoy your life.
Speaker 2: It's so lame. I did that for most of my twenties. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's just so embarrassing to be like, you're young, cute, sexy, smart, You've got all this time, all these friends, all these opportunities to make memories, and you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Go to work. Have you no shame?
Speaker 4: So we're bringing that energy back into the new year. But this this year, I'm harassing people to join me.
Speaker 2: Last year, I was like, do what you want, do what you want. No, no, no, no no, no no no.
Speaker 4: If you are part of the Inner Circle, the outer Inner Circle, or the third Ring, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: So ring A stand up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stand up for our community, the Ring A stand up. We all have to get near it in an equal or better way. Competitives getting near it. Yeah, if you're having fun, I better have some more fun.
Speaker 3: So what do you what do you call that theme?
Speaker 4: I'm still finding the word for it, but I think it's important that the vibe is communicated. I don't want to oversimplify what I'm getting at because it's so much more than service level fun.
Speaker 2: It's a commitment. So we've had getting near it spring summer season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two, and then that was definitely what was necessary to kind of like give us some acceleration into what was coming. Getting near it though, was very narrow frame of mind. Yes, right, because I'm getting me it is like cause and effect. This is so it's esoteric, it's omnipresent, it's the whole people need to feel it radiating off you.
Speaker 2: Where is she She's everywhere, She's nowhere. What does she do?
Speaker 3: Who knows people get that about me all the time?
Speaker 2: What does she do?
Speaker 4: Just as you were saying that, I just had a sudden vision of you and Clovellly.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: But then I was thinking, Oh my goodness, I love Clovellly because I love Out of the Blue and I've been going out of Blue out of Blue once a week, so like the last six months, I'm boxsessed.
Speaker 3: You don't talk about that all, put it on your story.
Speaker 2: It's like it's my little quiet moment. But I don't know why. I just thought of you and Clovelly.
Speaker 3: Well, I did go there a few months ago with our friend, my friend Michael, Michael Beveridge.
Speaker 2: I'm claiming him. Yeah, he's a man of yours too. Yeah, yeah, I'm claiming.
Speaker 3: We went to Clovelly and it was super overcast and the swell so at Clvely it's this speech in Sydney and it's kind of like there's a beach at the very end of it, and then there's two concrete slabs that extend out about five hundred meters and then in the middle there's like I call it the drink because it's kind of it's a beach, but it's kind of like a harbor because it's coming out of the ocean, but it's not protected at all. So what happens is they get these crazy choppy waves. And we'd had a long day together on Saturday and we thought we're gonna go for a dip.
Speaker 2: What happens when it's that choppy? Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: When it's that chopping, it's literally like you're I want to say Titanic, but the Titanic wasn't necessarily choppy, but it's like this was in BONDI yeah, that'd be funny. It was like when you when you're in like castaway and yeah, yeah, ship is going down and the waves are going big. So the ways you're going this and what I'm clovelly is they're converging. And what you do is you jump in when the wave goes oh, because it's like quite shallow actually, so then Michael went in before me because I missed it, so he jumped in. Then I had to wait for the wave to go up. Of course I didn't time it correctly. Hit him right when it's shallow then we're playing around frolicking like he was. We're going frollicking together and like I remember just looking at him and imagine there's a big wave that's sweeping up to the left of him, that's swimming out to the right of him, and where then we had to get out. At this point people had gathered to witness us because it looked really dangerous. Then I try to get out, swept back out and I was having Bali flashbacks. Yeah, literally, so this show you know that I nearly drowned in Bali, and it's not an exaggeration at all.
Speaker 2: People were worried.
Speaker 3: Literally had to be saved by guy who runs one wave surf in Bali.
Speaker 2: If you want to do a surfing lesson in Bali. This guy saved my life.
Speaker 3: So he hit him up my news resolution of course I said that story. Oh, we just went for a really beautiful swimming cleve.
Speaker 2: That's my bad.
Speaker 3: I do really love Cleverly, But as you know, I live in Bondai, so I'm in my Bondai era.
Speaker 2: When was the last time we went out of the blue and will you go back again?
Speaker 3: I was actually at Couljie last time, like yesterday, I went to cujie couldjie women's bats, Mackaiv's baths and I went past out of the blue.
Speaker 2: But the line was popping. The line is always popping out the time. I mean the shop Era, the shop in Bondi.
Speaker 4: You have mentioned they have a Halloomi Berger as we were saying New Year's resolution, or at least give yourself.
Speaker 2: A theme, not a relation a theme.
Speaker 3: I think the theme is a better idea because I'm not about giving myself hard goals. It's not good for my brain. My theme is measured Fun. Twenty twenty two for me was hard out fust the rails.
Speaker 4: It was off the fun, bombing up chunk of cocktail, Frankfurst.
Speaker 2: A Mysy reunion. It was an absolutely banshee.
Speaker 3: I got up most days ten am, sleeping at one am. I had the time of my life and it was a correction period twenty six years of extremely by the book.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you were buy the book when you were fourteen? Were you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 2: There's no way you said you are feral? No I was.
Speaker 3: I tried so hard and I got so far in the end, does it even matter? Flex I realized in my twenty seventh year on Earth.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It doesn't have fun. Freaks less fucking go have fun free. But what I'm doing this year is HFF. I'm going to try and go to the beach every day because.
Speaker 3: I'm That sounds like a resolution. Go to the beach most days when I feel like it. There we go, go for a dip. You never regretted deep in between the flags of BONDI never so have you seen me down there? Go?
Speaker 2: Hello? Yeah? And do you want to stop and chat? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I sometimes have a chat on Bondo with some employees. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: Send us in your news resolutions.
Speaker 3: I you've got something crazy, or if you've got any theme ideas, if you got an interesting one, always yeah. Nothing about fitness, health, weight goals, productivity.
Speaker 2: Productivity particularly I don't give a far Just who cares?
Speaker 3: Guys like, yes, I get it. You need to go and do your job.
Speaker 2: That's know. I'll die on the hill of like.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say to you, just live your life because we are responsibility your life in the allocated time, but in the times all you have free time, don't do anything you don't want to do. Get rid of that productivity mindset. We're in a new era. Guys girl bosses over Yeah, yeah, that's a big boy bosses. It's boy boss rising.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: On the other day, I was doing an Instagram story and I was reposting something that someone messaged me.
Speaker 2: But I didn't want to just do the message.
Speaker 3: I wanted to put it over a picture to give the illustration of that.
Speaker 2: I love that commitment. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So then I was looking for a scary picture type in scary picture on Google. Was I prepared for the results? Absolutely not. There's pictures of scary faces, like the chick from the Ring and like all this different stuff, which I got thinking, like, they all look kind of similar. They've all got really black eyes. They their faces are a little bit how do I say, what's the word? There's something in certain faces that make them creepy, and I wanted to get to the bottom of it scientifically, So obviously I went to Reddit and this is under the horror subreddit and it said distorted scary faces in horror and I'll read it out to you, thank you. I love how I say facts. And the first sentence of it is in my opinion, And there's a picture of the scary face.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, it's gross, isn't it. It's just a big black eyes. You're bringing energy into the room, Babe. We already have something in here.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Here, what's looking at me ready?
Speaker 3: In my opinion, the things that scare me the most in movies are when we get glimpses of these messed up and distorted faces that appear most of the times in films. They only appear for a short while, which makes them hard to fully analyze and makes it even scarier.
Speaker 2: These things.
Speaker 3: The type of scenes in horror that frighten me the most, the one from Goney Gone GM, which I haven't heard of. That movie has to be one of the most terrifying movies of all time for me. What is the psychology of this? Is it because those faces represent death fear? Or is it because they're so different from the expressions of our brains normally respond to, so that seeing these expressions makes our brains trigger our fight or flight response? Or is it just because a person is not supposed to look like that. I just find it fascinating how we can trigger our primal, animallystic fears by watching a movie I love.
Speaker 2: That's what they call it animalistic? Okay, A big job to say you're scared.
Speaker 3: So someone said that they heard that. Two things seem relevant to this. Number One, people are hardwired to recognize faces. Seeing a face morphe is messing with that. Open mouths, especially showing teeth or a sign of aggression. Even if the screams are not aggressive, we interpret them on a base level.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know about that.
Speaker 3: Apparently showing a teeth is aggressive, I guess was back in the olden days we bit people.
Speaker 2: We did? Is that true? Are you getting that from this person or just general trivia?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Why else was we have teeth?
Speaker 4: Well? Because I feel like bearing teeth is reminding literal animals, Like a line is going to bear its teeth before it gna.
Speaker 3: People use their teeth to bite things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I feel like what we're imagining if we were once cavemen, then we're thinking of like literal predators like the.
Speaker 2: Big shark, the big light in true they have teeth. Yeah, so so many.
Speaker 3: That looks like it is. Yeah, demon faces. What's the scariest face you've ever seen?
Speaker 2: No comment? You watch horror movies? I try not to though true not now.
Speaker 4: I told you it was like a big kick at twenty five, started seeing the world differently and like, let me not.
Speaker 2: Life is scary enough. Their life is scary enough.
Speaker 3: The Babbitok. I think about the Babook sometimes when I'm gone asleep. That's a great Australian film. I feel like scary stuff.
Speaker 1: This is Flex and Frooms, so flex.
Speaker 3: I just got a message a few days ago from a listener.
Speaker 2: Called Brandon shout out Brandon my King. Hello there.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to the podcast every day since June and it's just truly one of the highlights of this little simulation we have going on. Yeah, that's great, ow King, I have goosebumps. Anyway, Curious was it always going to be flex and frooms or was it frooms and flex a possibility?
Speaker 2: Was it in alphabetical order? Situation?
Speaker 3: Was it an oldest first situation? There? Just he goes twenty four and a half and twenty four of course together.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got the same message. I already responded, Ah.
Speaker 3: Really ah okay, I always wonder is it the like to people ever send us both the same thing? It doesn't happen often, but I'll continue. I've been thinking about what makes a good duo name. Some iconic ones include Cosmo and Wander Trixy and Katya Katya Katya. You get the gist, but I can't seem to figure out what makes them work and why they wouldn't work the other way around.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Totally nothing broke. Guys just dropped my phone onto a glass, but we're cool. What did you say to him?
Speaker 2: Flex?
Speaker 4: I said that it was always gonna be Flex and Frooms because Marty said so, something about because we had this conversation in the in the meeting. So basically, when Flex and Frooms and us, we're brain's on what the show would be about, and we couldn't figure out a name. And then big dog Marty was like, what about just Flex and Rooms.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it's ever gonna be anything else. Well, it just doesn't make sense to be anything else.
Speaker 4: And then I think the Then he was like, oh, alphabetical because L comes before R in Flex and Rooms.
Speaker 2: But I just think mouthfeel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't mention Frooms and Flex. But usually it's like, I think you put the name with the one syllable in first, but both our names have only one syllable, which is why I think it's so catchy.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: It's got great mouthfeel. Flex and Frooms Lucinda. Like, it's just as simple as a one name.
Speaker 2: So if it was our government names, what would it be Lilian and Lucinda? Well, who's Lilian? But please, it's always litl.
Speaker 3: Lil and Cindy whoa, which would be Cindy and little Cindy and Lil. So that sounds like two words though, Cindy and Lil. It sounds like s I N D I A N Lil, la L Cindy and Lil. It's kind of a cute name anyway, Brandon, thank you so much for listening since June, our.
Speaker 1: King, you're listening to Flex and frooms. Okita.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago, I was telling Rooms about vanish mode on the iPhone. I think that was in response to me talking about I think we were talking about getting near it and of course naturally and disappearing texts or like, I don't know, I don't know what it was, but I was like, oh, like vanish mode, and You're like, what is that?
Speaker 2: And I was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Because every now and then Froumi does bits and sometimes she's really good at committing to the bit where you're like, surely are we joking and then she's like ha, and I'm like, okay, we're joking. So what I feel in my herd of hearts is that people do not know how to use I Message properly because there.
Speaker 2: Are so many little tipbits in there.
Speaker 4: There really is, and I think it's because there is a huge group of people who never graduated from Messenger.
Speaker 2: I don't touch Messenger.
Speaker 4: I've not been on a Messenger since twenty fourteen, and I can tell you're a Messenger person. Yeah, say no more because I've seen you use it, Okay, But I'm like a WhatsApp dm I message person. If you've messaged me on Facebook in the last nine years, I've definitely not seen it.
Speaker 3: Don't you love how there's certain friends that are just that one thing and you have to other cater to them.
Speaker 4: Or Yeah, it's huge. So vanish mode and this is for all my iPhone users. If you use an Android, that's okay, you know what I mean. I think it's twenty twenty three where past judging you for that. I just know this conversation is not for you. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go into a message with Lucinda Froom's price.
Speaker 2: Am I in as your phone?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: What am I?
Speaker 4: What? Am I as in your phone? Lusender press? I just stop doing the nickname stuff. It's not helpful.
Speaker 2: That would have been from years ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I only call you frooms. People call you listener to me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know who people call you Lucinder in my presence.
Speaker 2: Trust people who don't like me.
Speaker 4: So no, your friend Bella called you listen to and I was like, oh, that's that's a lot anyway. So vanish mode is how you send invisible text in I message. Not to be confused with a text that disappears, but it's text that shows up jumbled until you click to unlock what it says. It's good for, you know, discreetness, it's good for a bit of fun, and it's also good to spice up the flavor in your text messages.
Speaker 2: Ah, it has come to me.
Speaker 4: We were talking about texting people you're tuning when we were talking about whether or not Instagram is new dating app, and one of the things that adds.
Speaker 2: Flavor to messages. I said was voice notes.
Speaker 4: But the trigger thing about voice notes is you've got to be very sure about what you're saying. You know, you can't be annoying people with thirty second voice memos. You're gotta be confident they're gonna send you I'm back. It can be a bit complicated. So what I do in Flexus school of tuning is I send messages with flavor. I do the full screen effects, the text effects, vanish mode.
Speaker 2: It adds you know.
Speaker 4: So here, all right, I'm gonna send through me a series of texts using all of our messages features, and after everyone, you're gonna tell me how likely you are to fall in love with me if I was someone trying.
Speaker 2: To pursue you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we go. Okay, I'm just gonna say hi every time. Okay, So the first one obviously going to send it with invisible ink. That's the correct term. That's gonna arrive with Frumini. It's been delivered quietly message him with invisible ink.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh it's a little sparkly thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so like once you press it, the sparkles turn into the text you're gonna send and it says Hi. Yes, Now, if we were tuning, would you be excited by that message? Not not not the what I said, but the way it arrived?
Speaker 2: Yes, for surered percent. Okay, cool.
Speaker 4: Here's another one. I'm just sending high again. This one is one of my favorites. I do this quite a bit.
Speaker 2: It turns into a whole high.
Speaker 4: You show the camera, babe, don't be don't be staying, because then you're going to say, all right, I'll send it again, scream oh I missed it, do it again. Wait, I'll send another one. Miss it again, I'll send another one. I love how it vibrates. Oh yeah, yeah, so much fun? Right, Like that is giving big tune.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's big tune. Al Right, here's another one.
Speaker 4: Everyone also, what you need to do when you're sending a message with I message, Instead of tapping the end button, you want to hold it down? My god, look yeah, this is this is Flexus Advanced School of Tuning and Digital flirting. Because I'm telling you you make an impression. Everyone's like, oh my god, how do I do that?
Speaker 2: You're so beautiful? I love you. What is this one? It's balloons? Balloons? How did you do that? Again I've already explained. Okay, can I try one with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, babe, of course, all right, one sect Becky, Ready, here we go.
Speaker 4: All right, So instead of tapping this send, you want to hold it and then and then you want to go up to the top right, which is screen. Yeah, and then you can swipe across for all the options balloons.
Speaker 2: Thank me later. That is the sekest thing ever. Oh my god, I keep doing it? Can't you look glad that I see?
Speaker 4: This is Yeah, this is why I can't with the I message whatever whatever. Anyway, So if you're trying to make an impression with someone you want to remember, you just add a bit of flavor with this works every time.
Speaker 2: What is that one hundred percent success rate? Yeah? Why don't they explain that to us in iPhone school?
Speaker 4: This is definitely something I've been doing since high school. So it's gym known.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for this incredible information.
Speaker 2: And it's our.
Speaker 4: First show of the Ye're twenty twenty three. How does it feel sexy?
Speaker 2: It feels exciting.
Speaker 3: You know, you never believe me when I say something's exciting.
Speaker 4: I'm waiting for the elaboration on what because excitement to me is like the peak of an emotion. It's like the tip of the tip. It's the it's the start on the Christmas Tree. It's the center point tower. It's the Empire State, Empire, State, Empire.
Speaker 2: What's her name, Empire State.
Speaker 4: Building, It's the Empire State Building. So when you say I'm excited and then your eyes glaze over, I'm like, okay, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, look, I'm trying to find this I read about on Vice.
Speaker 2: Oh found it. Okay.
Speaker 3: Apparently this guy created a VA headset that kills the user if they die in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh. There, you want to be motivated. This is motivating.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? It's like when you're playing GTA and he yeats off? Oh my god, let me have a look. There is no doubt that's not where VR is going anywhere. Think about what de at Row is going to be like in thirty twenty three that you will just evaporate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's a guy.
Speaker 3: Called Palma Lucky, who is the guy that created Oculus Rift. Oh and he is a defense contractor and father of modern virtual reality, and he's created a VR headset that will kill the user if they die in the game they're playing. He sold Oculus side Note for two billion dollars to Facebook in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Doesn't feel like enough. It doesn't really, does it.
Speaker 3: So his killer headset looks like a metaquest pro hooked up with three explosive charge modules. What is a metaquest profrooms the VR headset? Okay, didn't flinch with that, did I do you know?
Speaker 2: I got no idea what it is.
Speaker 3: But it's hooked up with three explosive charge modules that explode on the user's fore brain and would obliterate the head of the user.
Speaker 2: If you don't like that, Yeah, is this April fools?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What what is this for?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's actually going to Oh, it's kind of like it's like the novel series apparently called sword Sword Art Online, which is an anime thing sword sword Sword.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do I mean? Swordfish?
Speaker 4: No? Now you're doing a bit. Now you're doing a bit. I will not be fool. I want you to think it's sow or sword. I sawed something sword Okay, and shut up?
Speaker 3: Lessen all a few people laughing at me in a room anyway. So, yeah, it's a killer headset via headset, Would you use it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I love a gadget, and I have to really be careful with buying gadgets. After my Kindle, I was like, we can't do anymore because you walk into my household. Why do we have TVs, three computers, a Kindle, an iPad.
Speaker 2: It's too much. No more gadgets.
Speaker 4: Unless I know for sure that I can find multiple uses out of the gadget, I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 3: It's abolish garments first and foremost.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune in de Kate on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.