Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Showtime after the third stroke head will.
Speaker 2: Be According to the Google Doctor, was it the one kind of fish in a swarm?
Speaker 3: And of fish you don't throw Willie out of the car.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold, one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Friday Morning. Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. So weekend plans, I've got big plans this weekend. My sister's son has been in Australia, traveling around for the last eight months. It's only twenty throughout to w Way. He's been farming there for six months.
Speaker 4: It's an amazing story.
Speaker 3: Middle of nowhere, I mean like really in the middle of nowhere, in an area that I've never even heard of. And so he's a farmer, so he loves a farm and so he came up with two school boy mates. They've been on other farmers as well, two in the New South Wales.
Speaker 5: They all then.
Speaker 3: Flew over just before Christmas, two weeks for Christmas and they've all just done because they were just working hard. They weren't spending money. They bought a car for three thousand dollars, drove it from Perth. This isn't gread from the UK from Perth to Sydney to try and get to Sydney in time for Bondi New Year.
Speaker 5: They made it.
Speaker 3: In fact, my Harvey, my nephew, actually made it onto Daily Mail into the newspaper a photo of him doing a shoey.
Speaker 4: You must be so proud as a family.
Speaker 3: His mum was back in the UK and the world's biggest news site daidly Mail Online.
Speaker 4: He's now a proper Australian.
Speaker 5: So they've been traveling around. They did a buyer and then they came down to see us last Week's still in the car, the three hundred dollars car. It is a heap of a car.
Speaker 3: But they've been driving like a thousand k today, traveling on stream and just loving it. So they showed up in Melbourne last week, never been here before, so they stayed with us for the last couple days. They've been great, great, really really good lads, so they stayed with us and then they we sent them off to Great Ocean Road. Over the last couple of days we've been camping. They've been blessed because it has been really good weather this week and then today's the big day. I'm taking them to the They're really excited about their huge cricket fans. It's the one day International at the MCG today. Yeah, so I'm going with them this afternoon, me and they can.
Speaker 5: They are so soon.
Speaker 4: Taking on, isn't it Tonight's starts this afternoon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, taken on the mate who are on Form West Indies, which is incredible over the weekend.
Speaker 5: They are so exciting.
Speaker 3: So I'm taking on the tour because they've been so looking forward to seeing the MCG and then.
Speaker 5: To actually go there and it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be great weather this afternoon as well and actually see cricket in the MCG.
Speaker 5: They're so excited. I can't wait to show it off.
Speaker 4: And maybe if you get time. There's so many great things to say at the MCG, but you could go to that little perky Demon's merchandise.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm sure the des are looking at new premises for that amazing megastore they've got there. What has everyone got planned this weekend? What are you looking forward to? Jack?
Speaker 4: We're taking Gordy back to swimming lessons start again tomorrow. He's no longer a penguin. He is upgraded to a seal.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much more seals get to do that the Penguins couldn't do last year. But it's good to see him graduate.
Speaker 5: And you both get in the pool with him. All you're watching in that hot sideline.
Speaker 4: I get into pool with him, watches from the sideline.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 3: It's the better being in there actually, because sitting out there it's so hot out that's horrible.
Speaker 4: And does he love it the week he's going to go nuts.
Speaker 5: Every Saturday morning. That was my thing to look forward to. In the girls when they're in there, they used to love it.
Speaker 3: They's spend a lot of time just smashing more don't just with their hands smashing it down?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back from this song, then we get into double thumbs Up, which is where we go around the team telling you about the things TV shows and movies that we've been into this week.
Speaker 5: Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 3: This is where I met chat compats share the shows or things that we're enjoying at the moment this week. There's anything you want to recommend or would like us to share, please let me know you can text him what you're enjoying four seven, five three one oh four three Patsy.
Speaker 2: Yes, we went to the premiere of Disney's latest animation offering Wish, which is ideal probably for kids five plus. But I found that I fell in love with the main battye with Magnifico, who was the narcissust sorcerer. And I reckon, they have have a look at him. I reckon they have copied Kevin from Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 4: Check it out. We're looking at a cartoon magician.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, ladies of your vintagelf, these are tough years. There's a lot going on. Got a confusion about a lot of confusion, hormones and stuff.
Speaker 3: The menopause is hard, I get it. What is that it's a cry for help. No, it's just computering kids here.
Speaker 2: And he's got a goaty. And I found myself when.
Speaker 5: He because you love a guy with a goat I just thought.
Speaker 2: When he wasn't he to say? And I thought, when it's Magnifico coming back in the.
Speaker 4: Love to see your husband with a goaty, by the way, to go.
Speaker 3: To every beautiful kind of soul patches they called an older man.
Speaker 2: He grows a beauty every Christmas holidays, and I actually don't like it on him, but I like it on Magnifico. This is beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's a story about all he's enjoying the story. You're getting your rocks. Okay, nothing wrong about that.
Speaker 4: No, it's a bit weird, but it's a BEAUTI story.
Speaker 2: It's a story about a pre preteen girl, so it was perfect for Aunie who's twelve, and she finds her in a power and it's about friendship and forgiveness and it's great. If you haven't seen it, take the kids to see it.
Speaker 3: And if you're of a certain age, you can fantasize over.
Speaker 5: Magnifico.
Speaker 4: Check him out.
Speaker 2: The other thing we've been to is Greece the Musical. I really wanted to go to this obviously, it's one of my favorite movies, but I've never seen it live on stage before. It's at Her Majesty's Theater. I think till about April. It's brilliant. This is two hours of just electric energy. Patty Newton plays a school principal. She is amazing.
Speaker 4: Im and Dad sorry as well, loved it.
Speaker 3: I've got seventy eight year old Auntie coming over and the color sen So is like, can you find something there?
Speaker 5: We go, thank you. That's one day.
Speaker 4: What about magnifico?
Speaker 2: Patty's amazing? You know, she's nearly eighty and she's just she's incredible.
Speaker 5: So she's Sandy d Okay, No, it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: So all the original songs, they've got a couple of new ones in there as well. If you love musicals in theater.
Speaker 4: Putting new songs into Grease, yes, what's with the original beloved?
Speaker 2: Plus they've got the originals there plus a few new ones which you'll think, oh, I know this story Grease, but.
Speaker 5: No, then you go, no, I don't like this one. You don't want new material from Greece.
Speaker 2: It was great. It was great, and it was one of those musicals where people sing along to the song.
Speaker 5: It was I wish I wouldn't do that. Let the pros do that. I don't want some amateur mechanic behind me giving it. You go.
Speaker 4: That's why they put the new songs in so that audience can't sing along.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack, what are you into this week?
Speaker 4: Bank and I went to Warburton last weekend for a weekend away without our son, just the two of us.
Speaker 5: Beautiful place just.
Speaker 4: In general, Warburton. Highly recommend it. Loved it up there. We went hiked up to this place called La La Falls.
Speaker 5: The falls are great, aren't they beautiful?
Speaker 4: Last time we were there we went to the Redwoods. This there's this guy who in the nineteen forties or thirties planted a whole lot of Sequoia trees that only find in California and they've grown in Warburton. A brilliant place. But we went to this Indian restaurant and Banker, I love our Indian film called bubba Jee's Kerala.
Speaker 5: Do you recommended Bubbajee's in Saint Kilda, which I still go to.
Speaker 4: I think it's a coincidence bubba Jee's right, maybe just two different guys called Bubba Gee. I don't know if their sister restaurants. But when we walked into this one Vibrian, it looks like that all the colors that they have at an Indian restaurant, and I thought, okay, this is a good thing. Do I notice that the staff were very oker Australian, so much so that the waitress who sat us down and came back, goes, have you guys ordered Jatucky yet It's like, all right, what kind of Indian do we in? This is the white stuff? But it was delicious. The mood was exceptional. Yeah, we had oh, we had this banana leaf what do they call it? A banana leaf platter. So I came out with like a beef curry that had been in what do you call it when you reduce it with so it's not so saucy. It came out like a dry beef currage. With this banana leaf platters. You've got the rise, You've got all the different dips and stuff. Sounds gorgeous. Barba Gee's Kerala Kitchen in Warburton and Bianca and I at the moment have started watching Boyce Wallow's Universe on Netflix. You're joined brilliant, brilliant, good reviews.
Speaker 3: You and christ and were love the book is. The book is great. Set in the eighties. It's like suburban Australia. The cars and now we're talking about getting a golden the cars. There are people all over the world getting into his TV show that's filmed in Australia. Trent Dalton, who wrote the book, it's set in Brisbane as well as an Aussie author.
Speaker 5: It's it's a world class TV.
Speaker 4: Show reading Trent Dolton's new book at the Moment Laula in the Mirror, but this one, Boyce Swallow's Universe, is his biggest book and they've done it justice in the TV show. It's so good so far, we're halfway through.
Speaker 5: Did you feel like obviously, you know, everyone these days we raved about American drama shows and British ones as well, and sometimes Australia hasn't had too many worldwide hits. There've been some really really good stuff missed it in between.
Speaker 3: I think is as good as anything you'll see on HBO or anything like that. But I felt, and obviously we've only lived there seven years and I've only been in Australian in my passport for a year. I actually felt proud that this is a world class Oussie drama. I didn't grow up here in the eighties, but it made me feel nostalgic for what it was like in the UK. And it does it beautifully and the young leads are amazing in it.
Speaker 4: That's the word I felt. I did feel pride.
Speaker 5: It must be for you because you know that, and it's.
Speaker 4: Very true to Australia, so I'm happy that it's not doing well just in Australia that are doing well all over the world.
Speaker 3: I cannot recommend it, even I've got a couple of things to do. I cannot recommend Boys Swallows you enough universe enough to people like you will love it. It will give you some a lot of our heart swelling pride as well about old school eighties.
Speaker 5: It's all like sun drenched Brisbane in the eighties. And that a couple of things that I've enjoyed.
Speaker 3: There's a brilliant thriller at the moment that's only coming out once a week on Apple TV starring Peter Capaldi, who's a great love Scottish actor. It's called Criminal Minds. That is ten out of ten for me, if you're looking for a laugh. One of the funniest stand up specials I've seen the last ten years Kevin James. I no people think Kevin James, the guy does those bad Adam Sandler movies as a stand up, is a great stand up. Ray Romano still reveals that thinks he's one of the best stand ups ever. Me and the family have watched it twice in the last week. It's that good. Kevin James is on at Amazon Prime, and I know the tennis is gone, but there's a great Netflix documentary. Breakpoint is I love sports documentaries. It's very, very, very good. And I got the family Christmas present right for all of us. I've got this thing where everyone buys diaries and journals, but it's very hard to commit to it because you're that every day you're tired, you forget. So I bought everyone, all of us, and I've been doing it where it's one line a day, no more. Yeah, and it's a five year diary because obviously my daughter's at seventeen and nineteen, in the next five years of their life, I want them to document it. I wish i'd done that, just one line a day. So I've been doing it since the start in January. And I've got you guys one of these books as well.
Speaker 4: What come to is I've started doing this. I started January first.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, so I've got you these as well. So passially this is just one line a day because over the next five years, so much of your life. I know, we got to do all of his space in that I'm obviously struggling a lot because I have very large handwriting to I've had to buy a deliberately fine point pen to try and cramm in one light up.
Speaker 4: You feel differently about the day because you first you get through it and you're like, I didn't do anything interesting today. It makes you think about the small things.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, yeah, So like tonight I've been going brought on you Ben that I really like, you know, I'm really I'm looking forward to feeling that amazing entry in that five years from now i'll look back on So yeah, you can buy these anywhere.
Speaker 3: There are one line a day and it's a five year version. What a great way to just document your lives to change given to your kids as well.
Speaker 5: Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Christian Connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Done now for Knockoff Friday.
Speaker 3: The best question of the week is when people ask you what time are you knocking off today? And then what is the highlight of your weekend? Share it with us nine four one four one oh four three? What time are you knocking off today? And then what is the high light for you this weekend? After going to the cricket this afternoon, my wife and my eldest daughter off to Yarra Glen this weekend. And you know you were in Warburton last weekend. Right, we are going to head over that way tomorrow. Apparently there's a thing you can do do you don't think about this?
Speaker 5: My wife tom this. I don't know whether she's just made it up.
Speaker 3: Where they drop you in the river, they drive you up quite high and.
Speaker 5: You can ride through the river on rubber rings.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but you know what I did see some local kids carrying their own rings right up the road.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, we want to do this tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I know it? Is it your age group typing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes it feels like we're getting some agism here. What is the right age? You know?
Speaker 3: Instead of like it isn't that when you gotta be this tool to be like you've got to be under this eight.
Speaker 4: Well, the guys I saw carrying the rings, they would have been teenagers.
Speaker 5: Probably for their dads. Where they're carrying up there or something like that.
Speaker 3: My nineteen year old daughter Ruby, i'll pick you up later.
Speaker 2: You w'd be fine. It's not exactly rapids there is it. I don't know, you're just you know.
Speaker 5: I don't end up in your news. But they're still looking. They're still looking for me Monday.
Speaker 4: More clibes out of branches and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: If anyone's got any more details about this, please let me know, because I tried googling yesterday and it wasn't a lot of information when there's information about everything on Google apart from the organized rubber ring tour.
Speaker 4: When we were walking along the Yarra up at Warburton, the anchor asked me, could we, in theory get in the boat and come all the way into the city, And I actually didn't know. Can you other stretches where you can't get through or you easily get.
Speaker 5: In a boat. Take somebody to do that as well.
Speaker 4: Has somebody tried it? I would love to know if you can come all the.
Speaker 5: Way, just drive your boat from there all the way in?
Speaker 3: What's to stop somebody ning for one four one oh four three Patsy By the way, we'll get to this during the next half an hour.
Speaker 5: Yesterday on the show we announced it. We're giving Patsy some money to buy her and Chris, her husband, dinner, and what we want them to do is have some drinks on us and food on us. And come up with five ideas. Just brainstoring possible ideas, not not have to do ideas, but just general ideas for the show. How did you get on?
Speaker 2: We had a great night and I think you'll find the ideas absolutely acra winning.
Speaker 5: Might I add you've had to listen back to you this morning.
Speaker 2: No, don't need to.
Speaker 4: We someone's already knocked off.
Speaker 3: Nor well we the boss said, okay, yeah, she can have one hundred dollars. That the bill you came to with two of you in a Mexican two hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Ye, don't worry.
Speaker 3: So you charge two hundred dollars is a lot of money a Mexican mainly.
Speaker 4: A beef taco seventy.
Speaker 2: I'll come off it, Jack main meals with thirty bucks.
Speaker 5: Get out of the tray a Mexican? What is that? Natchos bucks jacket? Are you still doing the tea steaming? You do pairings? Wish tequila to have?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry, the Queen of wear a bit when she goes out. She will have what she wants.
Speaker 5: Whither A lot of that was made up with both I've seen it. I've seen it. Did you have four margaritas? Yes? You go down the storm.
Speaker 3: The next twenty minutes, we'll go through the ideas. All right, lines over now, then what like Patsy, if did you knock off last night?
Speaker 5: I have to drink number two three.
Speaker 2: We do this every Thursday night.
Speaker 5: We're not going to back up the company. That's a great idea. I'm sure you did. All right? So one time you knocking off the day? And what is the highlight for you this weekend?
Speaker 3: And two of the questions can you drive your boat from out and Warburton all the way into here? And does anyone know about the rubbering doors?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're doing knock On, knock Off Friday. What time do you knock off today? And want us a highlight for you this weekend? What are you looking for or to.
Speaker 5: Share with us?
Speaker 3: On nine four one four one O four three we have in ten minutes time, some brilliant new music from Billy Joel.
Speaker 5: A new music from Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: His voice sounds brilliant, it's a great it's a new song, but it sounds like vintage Billy.
Speaker 5: Oh you would have thought it's on the seventies.
Speaker 3: So we've got that coming up in about eight minutes time after Patsy's news.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to Cam now, Good morning, Cam morning, Tell here you good, I'm good.
Speaker 6: Ki.
Speaker 5: So you live about Yarra Valley Way or you.
Speaker 7: Can talk about the rubber rings Jara Junction born they had lived there only lost and we're right on the Yarra River as well.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful out there, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We're off to Yarra Glen later on today and at the what's that big pub in hotels at the Grand Hotel?
Speaker 5: Do that great pup grub there with there.
Speaker 7: Tonight the pubs in Hills or Jared Glenn hit the Grand right on the main street.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's it. Now listen, what can you tell them about these the rubber rings? Can you hire them and float through Warburton.
Speaker 7: I'm not so sure about high and rubber rings, but I know you can flight from Warburton all the way to the city if you're cain enough, can you really?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 7: When I was in Scaps, which was a long time ago, I'm your age, Chris and uh well, over several weekends from Warburton all the way into the city for the day at a time, you'd work out where you where you finished each day, and then you're back in there next time.
Speaker 4: Interesting way to do, like, yeah, marathon row, isn't it stop?
Speaker 6: Have a look at the map.
Speaker 7: It does not go on a straight line.
Speaker 5: In the Ara River.
Speaker 7: The spots where you can canoe for an hour and you're only sort of tend from where you were.
Speaker 5: There are no straight rivers. There are no straight So how long? Cam?
Speaker 6: All up?
Speaker 5: Easy? Sorry? That's emotional.
Speaker 4: From Warburton to I'm.
Speaker 7: Pretty sure it took us about six days.
Speaker 5: It stereo. One was in left, one was in right. Lovely Cam, have a lovely weekend. Thank you very much you Chris, Linda, Good morning, Linda, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Hell are you I'm going?
Speaker 5: Are we talking to a Disney princess?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: I wish I was, and I wish I could sing like her? But no, definitely not. I'm probably more of an ursular.
Speaker 3: Ooh no no, no no, no, I hear an ariel.
Speaker 5: I know an area, want to hear one? So you are from the Disney cruise.
Speaker 8: Oh look, I'm super stoked. I booked this over twelve months ago. My kids are really big, so I've abducted as someone else's child and her mom of course, And we only surprised her about three or four days ago to let her know. Their name's Ella, and we're taking her on the Disney Wonder today at one o'clock. So I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: I bet you can't wait.
Speaker 8: No, I can't. So it's a four day cruise. It goes down to Eden and back again. But all the ship is all seen Disney and I'm.
Speaker 5: Sure and you're all in rubber egs. You end up at orbiton.
Speaker 6: I love it. Well.
Speaker 8: There is a big water slide and I've been told that on Auntie Linda's going on that water slide.
Speaker 5: It's a big moment of the trip. Says, come on, and so tell us about the people that you surprised four days ago. I wasn't quite clear about that. Do you know these people?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yes, she's a friend of mine and her daughter's seven. Her name's Ella. No, we didn't tell her because I booked it a year ago. So four days ago I went and said to her. We put it up on the TV, a YouTube video of it, and she's looking at it and I said to her, how would you like to go on this and she looked at me. She just didn't get it, and I said, what do you think you would need to go on this boat? He looked at me and she said a ticket. And I said, well, here you go, here's your ticket.
Speaker 5: What a lovely things, what a lovely way to find out. I bet she lost her mind, didn't she.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, she's been packing for four days in her little case. And I gave her a little Disney bag with mini mouse on it.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, we're off.
Speaker 4: Why did you wait till the kid's a bit off for like eight weeks straight? Why do you wait till they go back to school?
Speaker 5: Don't take that homework with your kids? Well, that's just the way the cookie, just the way the Disney cookie Crumblesn't they hate kids?
Speaker 4: When you've got the magic of Disney.
Speaker 3: It says to me that the Disney princesses have met your kids, and they're like, when will they not be around?
Speaker 5: That's when we're putting up the boat.
Speaker 2: She's a perfect age though. At seven, she'll just you she'll remember that for a lifetime.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, this is the first time the Disney boats have they come to.
Speaker 3: A bloody Amsterdam, and I saw, wow.
Speaker 5: That is the way the old cookie crumbles. They were a bit slow and sluggish out there on the old hash cakes.
Speaker 9: Wow, that's why goofy.
Speaker 4: I suppose.
Speaker 3: Okay, Linda, you gotta next week to let us know how it was.
Speaker 8: I will I'll send you an I.
Speaker 5: Hope you would have a grand time. Lovely talk to you as well. Enjoy your four day cruise.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Christian Well, cal.
Speaker 1: A Broger, you're listening to the question know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Just give me your heads up about something we're doing very special with you on Tuesday show next Tuesday for Councer Counsel Victoria, which is something we do a lot of work for and support the great work that they do. They're asking you this Tuesday and this year to double down on hope this cancer Research Giving Day on February sixth, and every dollar you donate this is incredible. Every dollar you donate to Cancer Council Victoria will be double. So on the show we're doing cash for songs.
Speaker 5: So normally we take your request on a Friday and we'll be doing that in the next hour or so on the Naked Hour. But on Tuesday Show we will play your songs, but you just have to pledge, and that pledge really, however money you want to pledge, Councer Counsel of Victoria will meet your pledges for Cancer Counsel Victoria. So we'll be doing that Tuesday. Now. We will play songs just because you.
Speaker 3: Want to hear a song that you want to raise money for good cause, or if you've been through cancer, or someone in your family has or a friend and you want to play a song that it reminds you that means something to them, or you were happy to do that as well. Patsy on the show has been through our own cancer journey. So is there a song pats Scene you could tell us why it means something for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Katie Perry raw. And the reason why it is is because you know, often when so I was diagnosed with kidney cancer nine years ago, and often when it's happening to you, the focus is, naturally, I guess, on the person going through it. But really my biggest support in my husband Chris. A lot of the focus was of him and on and on me, and I think coming it's taken nearly ten years for me to think, you know, it is time to shine the spotlight on him and for the amazing strength that he's always provided me, but especially in this he was my voice, my voice of reason, and I was so spun out by the whole diagnosis. And Audrey was three, we had a toddler at home, and until we sort of knew exactly where I was with it after scams, you know, just how extensive it was and what our options were. You know, I was just catastrophizing everything, and he was it was my voice of reason and my rock. And he sat me down and he would quite quite often say, hey, this is what we're looking at. Let's look at the facts. Let's not think about the what ifs and what's going to happen. So he grounded me and he was the one that helped me through. And you know, we were just talking the other week and it just made me stop and think. He never has told me just how dire he was feeling, because he didn't want to upset me, even after all these years and it's taken nine years. And he was sitting there, were talking and he said, you know, you don't understand. When I was waiting the day on the Tuesday you went in to have your Kidney removed. I was waiting for the urologist to call to say that you know you'd pulled through, and that you know you were going to ICU, and this is what this is what it is, he said. I was sitting here looking at Audrey playing and flicking through a Wiggles books and thinking this better be okay because I don't. I can't be both mother and father and you think that silently in your head, but when he actually said it out aloud, it really it was like a mack truck in my chest. I thought, my god, of course you did. Like all the focus was on me in hospital and coming through it, but you you were the one. I actually think I was luckier in that it was happening to me, because I couldn't have stood it happening to Chris Auto Audrey. I actually would not have coped. I hoped far better with it being me, so, you know, him doing that and helping pull me through and me being able to go back to radio and do what I love the most and get my raw back, and he's so much a part of that. And we've been together for so long. We're coming up to twenty five years married next month, and yeah, he did. He helped me get my raw back. He's my rock. He's always been my rock, but especially at that time.
Speaker 5: Oh as were beautifully sad.
Speaker 1: Patsy was the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Patsy it was beautify said and I know there's been a lot of people listening right now who've been through their cancer journeys, and I'm sure they're thinking of the people that help them as well, either at the hospitals and the units, or in their family and their friends. And he said that Chris helps you get your raw back. But there's something undeniable and shake about you, Patsy. I don't think you ever probably did fully lose that that raw. But he spoke so well then, so this is what we want to hear from you on Tuesday show. So if you just tuned in, reason why playing that songs it's a song that Patsy wanted to play for her husband, Chris, who was her rock and helps her get a raw back when she was going through her cancer journey nine years ago. So on Tuesday Show for Cancer Council, Victoria double down on Hope Council Research Giving Day on Tuesday, every dollar you donate Cancer Council Victoria are going to double it. What we're doing on the show show on the show then is doing cash for songs. So if you want a song, us to play your song and you just want to raise money for a really important and vital cause, that is awesome. Might be just a song you want to hear Tuesday and you just want to give some money to a great cause.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 3: And if you have got a story like Patsy, email it today or if you want to take your time with it, might somebody that's still raw for you do it over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Tell them what the song is and why you want to Thank somebody. Email me over the weekend. Christian at Christian.
Speaker 3: O'Connell dot com dot au, thank you very much for doing that Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian O'Connell Show podcast, What.
Speaker 5: A rational thing that makes no sense now? Scared you as a kid.
Speaker 3: When I was growing up, my mum used to play a lot of music and we dance together around the front room. And she loved Springsteen, she loved Bob Sieger, and she also loves Simon and Delphunkle. And I still like someone a Goldfunkirl However, she had this album and there was I think it was Bridge over Troubled Water, and on the front of that album cover they were like together and Art Garfuncle's hair.
Speaker 5: For me as a fight fright, there was this kid.
Speaker 3: God, it's like a clown humanoid, and I would have to turn the album.
Speaker 5: Cover and face the wall because I was that even if I see it now, I mean, I'm rubbing my stomach now, you either when you're nervous. Even now, if I saw that, I would cower on a corner. And it's got some sort of power over that. Man, I was setting yourself. I was off of the chants to interview arcgarfun Cool and I turned it down so I can't see I'd be sick unless.
Speaker 3: So as a five year old, it made no sense. I love the music, but aren't gone Fune called, in particular his hair. See this is fine, I see a picture of hair, Jackie boy, what.
Speaker 5: A rational thing scared you as a kid?
Speaker 4: I asked my mom last night because I couldn't think of anything, and then she goes, well, don't you remember you were scared up until age ten of real life movies, which was just any movie, no mater how safe it was, or even if it's a kids movie that contained actors. I would only watch animated films, so much so that we went to see Ninja Turtles once and us to go home halfway through.
Speaker 5: This is a little bit too close to home.
Speaker 4: Animated. Yes, there was a real life.
Speaker 5: It was in a half shelf and again up until the age of.
Speaker 4: Ten, Yes, I thought this is sorry. I was the understanding ten ten.
Speaker 5: Of course you're ten, you know, get ready of a big school and those ninjas sleepless night. What were you scared of?
Speaker 4: I love dogs, but I love the tops of dogs. I hate and terrified of the underbelly.
Speaker 5: Pink bit yeah, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 10: And people love to scratch the bit they like to get is like a pig belly, yes, yes, yes, yes, and it's got the little teeth.
Speaker 5: They've got there. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: The best thing is you scratch that bit of their belly and their leg kicks a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yes, what is that? It's like a little factory.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're asking you now, then, what irrational thing scared you as a kid nine four one four one o four five Christian? For me, the irrational thing that terrified me was raw chicken. I hated it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because the rest of the us are all licking in, he says a obstacle. I don't like raw chicken.
Speaker 3: Now gives him the technical term is heb gbis. I can't stand touching it. I like burn my fingers afterwards.
Speaker 4: I think that is native to every person, just because it will kill us if we eat it.
Speaker 5: I think that's a very rational logical fit to have of raw chicken, because it's very dangerous to you.
Speaker 3: Treat it right, all right, you irrational fairs as a kid Christian. For me, this is Joe Jim Carey and the cable guy.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe I shouldn't have comeing off.
Speaker 3: He witted me out so much I can eat finish watching the movie Steve Christian. My wife has a phobia of broccoli since childhood, once dreamed about a man made of roccoy.
Speaker 4: That is scary.
Speaker 5: She can't go to the vegetable station of the super market bless her company.
Speaker 3: Hey, I thought this was a safe space. Heroes with a harsh shell over there, Sue Christian. My sunny so crime free count When the Iron g Ads featuring Billy Connolly came on the TV.
Speaker 1: One day, you're going to look in the mirror. Who's that?
Speaker 5: That's not me? I'm not ready yet. For the beer, you can get freaked out by the great Billy Connoy. For Karen yellow sponges with green scratchy bits on top. They make my teeth itch. And then Rich Rich Ames has an irrational fear of Danny Minogue. I don't know why I never met her. I bet she's lovely, but I'm slightly on edge when she appears on TV or radio. Please warn me if you ever going to play.
Speaker 3: It, there will never be a day we need to play Danny Minoue.
Speaker 5: Rachel Now, Hello Rachel, Hi guys, how are you well? Rachel? Thanks you calling the show. So let's go back to your childhood. Rachel. What's irrational things scared you as a kid?
Speaker 8: The escalators at the supermarket. I'm petrified of getting sucked up into the grill at the end.
Speaker 11: My mum used to threaten me as a kid, make sure you stay on it between the lines and make sure you jump, because.
Speaker 8: They'll suck you with and kids get killed that way.
Speaker 5: So this is where it came from. Now, wonder you're friend of them? Still?
Speaker 9: To this day, I still make sure I jump when I exit the escalator and make sure I don't get sick.
Speaker 3: I'm still very respectful and cautious when I enter an escalator.
Speaker 4: No, I am my mom My. Mum's thing was. It starts with the shoelace as if it was going to grab your shoelace and you'll pull the rest of you in.
Speaker 3: It'll be flung around for decades screaming, like extra scene from the Charlie and Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 5: I get that one, Rachel, I get it, Rachel. Thank you very much. You cool. Have a lovely weekend, you two.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Bye, Marie Gay here you go.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Marie. And what scared you as a kid?
Speaker 9: As a kid, I was scared of something lessons. There was a light in the pool that I was convinced was going to cut me to pieces.
Speaker 5: Well with some kind of laser or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, cut you to pieces?
Speaker 5: This is what is with these powerful imaginations. Didn't we was going to cut you into pieces?
Speaker 9: I think it stemmed from watching an episode of Doctor Who or something as a kid.
Speaker 4: So did you never go can you not swim?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: I'm like I've done with bronze medallion and everything. Now at the time, my parents had to move pools because I wouldn't get back in the pool.
Speaker 3: Bless you Marie with the bronze medallium. And the man was going, actually, I got bronze.
Speaker 9: You need one life saving qualification.
Speaker 3: See is that the woman that used to chuck the old rubber brick in the pool and you still have to wear your pajamas and go and rescue the brick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did that. I've got my bronze then as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just in case you were ever a minute, there's a brick drowning there.
Speaker 5: I'm coming in. Break happens on his way.
Speaker 3: Thank god, my trusty pajamas on. I be a superhero, the one Marvel need pajama man.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Day five. At the end of week one on winner Billboard, we.
Speaker 3: Give you access within minutes, you can have whatever message you want on billboards all over Melbourne at the same time and today he called the show and your message could be up all over the weekend as well.
Speaker 5: So that's coming up in ten minutes time.
Speaker 3: But before that, also after eight o'clock you're picking all the music.
Speaker 5: The Naked Hour is here.
Speaker 4: Oh Christian, We've got no songs for the whole hour on nig Nick Nick nag Naked Hour, Naked Hour, Oh Nick egg.
Speaker 5: Leggd Hour, Niggd.
Speaker 3: Hour, Last Hour the Show. Every Friday we turn into one big giant jew box.
Speaker 5: We give you the theme.
Speaker 3: You pick all the songs on nine four one four one o four three. This week the theme is songs We're talking bits in them. I was thinking about this when I was listening to E Alone Mister Bluesky the beginning Patsy, What song do we have to play?
Speaker 2: Yes, China Girl by David Bowie.
Speaker 5: This is when we whispers shut your mouths aggressive juice, shut your Moudabi. Bowie has got form in this. There's also a bit right at the beginning of Modern Love when he talks about his sort of some sort sort of philosophical mumblings about how we know it's when to go when to go out. I know when to go out, lovely.
Speaker 1: I went to stay in, get singles done.
Speaker 4: I've got my bro's medallion.
Speaker 3: I love I love this song right, and I love how it's like it's just an amazing guitaring show and then the lines are quite hum drum.
Speaker 5: Really. I know when to go out. I know when to stay in get things done. It's like the dunest start to a song. I know when to go out. Yeah, I went to stay in, get sings done? Yeah? What you going to day?
Speaker 4: You guys are out of the past lawn tongue?
Speaker 5: All right, jackie boy? What's the song where they're.
Speaker 4: Talking but then like you're talking in Blue's Park Life.
Speaker 5: Yes, great song as well. Confidence is a preference to the eventual boy of what is known there.
Speaker 8: A morning suit can be avoided if you take you look straight through what.
Speaker 5: Is known as great brand blur.
Speaker 4: This is a great I had no idea that that's not one of the members of the band doing the talkie part. That's an English actor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Phil Daniels.
Speaker 3: They've been working on the song Prages and they were fed up with it and they were in the pub one day and he walked in and he's been in loads of like old movies and stuff like that. They got talking to him and they had a few beers and they said, we're just border his track. You're factually coming down just mucking around on it, and so he started talking on it and that literally there came out of it, literally by accident. They were done with the song.
Speaker 4: It's like finding out for an Australian. But like David Wenham did a verse on sever chairs album.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: More than Lisa. Good morning, Lisa. What can we play? What's good? A great talkie bit, in't it?
Speaker 9: Meat loaf?
Speaker 8: You took the words right out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's it's like a play at the start, isn't it?
Speaker 4: On a hot summer name?
Speaker 1: Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Speaker 2: Will he offer me his mouth?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I don't know what's creepy of a David Bowie wait.
Speaker 3: On that one, Lisa. That's a great and it's a brilliant song as well. Great suggestion. Thank you very much, Steven.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning you're all doing this morning? Good Steve. I've had a good week. And what songs you play with a talking bit?
Speaker 7: Boys to the men end of the road?
Speaker 5: Why not? I'm here for you all those times and that what you just heard me.
Speaker 1: It just ran.
Speaker 5: It's just giving it the same sort of feeling. Thank you very much. Step He loves us.
Speaker 4: Whether producers write like something about the call her on the system here and says not a huge fan of the song, but does know the speaking part in the middle fair enough.
Speaker 5: Not a huge fan of it, but they are talking in there, all right, Steven, thank you very much. It's going to Maddie. Good morning, Maddie. Good morning, hello mate.
Speaker 3: So you're giving us a cool before going to school today, Maddie.
Speaker 5: And what year are you in?
Speaker 8: I'm in your nine this year?
Speaker 5: All right? And have you started back at school this week or are you back?
Speaker 6: Mom?
Speaker 8: I started yesterday?
Speaker 5: And how was that?
Speaker 11: That was good?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Good to get out of the house and away for mum and dad. Yeah yeah, all right. Now what song do you like? This's got a talking bit.
Speaker 8: Maddie gotta make gravy from Paul Kelly at the very start.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is a brilliant song. Hello Dan, it's Joe here. Yeah, great song, great choice. Thank you very much, Maddie. Have a good day a school. Thanks cooling the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you for be here.
Speaker 5: We got it.
Speaker 1: Stacy, Good morning guys.
Speaker 6: How are we Yeah?
Speaker 5: We're good Stacey. And what do you think we should play?
Speaker 6: Enter Sandman by Metallica yeah.
Speaker 5: This awake everybody up this morning now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, terrifying, it's actually terrifying.
Speaker 5: Yes, great song though, Stacy, thank you very much. And Jason, Yes, yes, your Dynamite by Rush.
Speaker 12: Yes, I wish I could sing like that. Not everything singing, you know. The only important thing these days is rhythm and melody. Rhythm and melody.
Speaker 3: There you go, there, it is all right, that is a great song, but that bit drives us nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the worst.
Speaker 5: Whenever we play that. Jack and I look at show on the studio. We should take this bit out, just edit it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we're coming to the end of week one on Winner Billboard. Coming back next week. We're every single day we're giving you instant access. It really is within minutes. Whatever message you'd like to put on a big digital billboard, we have over fifty of them ready to go at any moment. So the message that we get during the next twenty minutes that we decided to put up, it's going to be the biggest one of the week. This one will be up there all weekends. You've got all day today, Saturday and Sunday. Now I know all the mums and dads were kids back at school. The lovely spot on the weekend Saturday morning, which is dragging them out of their bed and getting them into their sports kits for Saturday. Sports is back tomorrow. My daughter makes her debut tomorrow in the second team of the volleyball team.
Speaker 5: Huge game tomorrow out at Geelong, Short Drive, Short Drive, shortri Wow. Back into it for twenty four.
Speaker 4: I like that your daughter does different sports seemingly every test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure choice or the pe department lesson. We've had another chat thoughis and.
Speaker 3: So whatever you want it could be maybe good luck to your kids back in action tomorrow. Maybe it's just long taking on my daughter school. Whatever you want on the billboards, they can go up right now and give us a call nine four one four one four three. Let's see it from some happy customers. Early on this week we met a new legend of the show, Dustin. He called us he had something big on tomorrow night, an engagement party. They said, the invites out last year. They forgot to put on there that food and drink will be provided. He was an awesome guy. It's actually happening tomorrow night in Warabee isn't it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: The billboard said Dustin just anip wired. Everybody coming to Dustin and Danielle's engagement party. Food and drink is provided.
Speaker 3: And he filmed a reaction video taking his fiance Danielle to see the billboards the other day.
Speaker 11: What did you know this?
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 11: Everyone?
Speaker 4: Everyone is messaging hersel is it? Food and drinks provided?
Speaker 5: Now they all know? Now they know. Another Dusty says too as well. Can you read it?
Speaker 4: It's a bloody great billboard photo, by.
Speaker 5: The way, Yes, that's why.
Speaker 3: So that's Dusty happy customer. Yesterday we heard from Lianne who'd had a big night out on Wednesday night.
Speaker 4: Yes, she was looking for her friend's phone and said lost Rob's black sam on phone. Last scene at the Lucky breakpool hall in Werribee.
Speaker 11: Hey Christian, it's Liam. I'm so excited. Guess what we found the phone? Well, so happy and thank you so much for your support about thinking you're putting up on the billboards. I love your show. I love it, I love it, I love it and I'm so excited Rob. So happy and thank you Lucky Break. They went mentioned up the store to see if it was in there that it wasn't, but Mohammed found the phone.
Speaker 5: How I didn't know its Mohammed. You be driver that cares sor nudging him that he might be him, and he found it good Mohammed. Thank you Mohammed. And then we also yesterday had one which I think we're going to keep up on some of the billboards over the weekend from Amanda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a photo of her NaN's ring and it says lost ring last scene at the Jurassic Park lego exhibition in the female toilets twenty twenty one.
Speaker 13: Hi, Christian, it's Amanda here. I've seen the billboards. They look absolutely sensational. I cannot thank you enough for this. This is the closest I've ever been to being able to find my NaN's ring and have it come back to me. And I've had people contact me, lots of friends saying they've seen it, they've seen the billboards, they've heard the radio, and it's just it's awesome. I can't thank you enough. I look forward to hearing about how it all goes.
Speaker 4: Fingers crossed, Fingers.
Speaker 3: Crossed, We're going to keep that going over the weekend. We haven't heard anything yet. The great news about the billboards this year is we can put photos up as well. By the way, you know, we all have some amazing photos of our kids, but when you go back there are some shocking ones of them. I'm not saying that parents want to wind the kids up this weekend one of those big old funny school phocus, but I'm saying if you want to do that, yeah, I just give you access to the billboards.
Speaker 5: Is your message?
Speaker 4: Like your parents, if they lived in Australia, say, would put the photo of you up with that dumb and dumber haircuts.
Speaker 5: So if you'd like that, it's there for you. We can have photos up there nine four one four three The billboards of Melbourne are yours? What do you want to say?
Speaker 1: Well, Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: I ever got to interview Dabiy Bowie, but I met him once in the reception of an old radio soation where I did work, and we got talking for twenty minutes. The guy was late, so I was chatting to him. I had a Mohammed Dhli T shirt and I didn't realize he was a massive fan. He had his own boxing ring in his house. He'd loved boxing. Anyway, I was talking about modern love, and I said, who is the guitarist in that at the beginning? Because I love the beginning bit and the guitar. He said, there's two. Nil Rodgers was the legendary sheet guitarist. Nile Rodgers is a rhythm guitarist, and there's a legendary guitarist called Stevie ray Vaughn. We get a lot of quests, people always asking play Steve ray Vaughan, so it's Steve ray Vaughan is the main guitarist in it. David said that about a couple of weeks before they were going to do their first ever live performance of the song. He'd got a choreographer along because David Bowie cared about the aesthetics. He wanted them all to learn dance move together. So they turned up the first rehearsals and Steve ray Vaughan went, who the hell is that?
Speaker 5: Right? I said, Oh, that's the dance geographer. We're going to do these dances, so it's not a video clip.
Speaker 4: He just wants them to do it in the recording studio.
Speaker 3: No no, live on stage. Stevie ray Vaughn quit on the spot. No no, no, no, I don't dance guitarists quick. So I never did it live.
Speaker 5: I'm not learning dance.
Speaker 3: Moves all right. So what do you want on the billboards this weekend? Ninety four one four one o four three. Peter, Hey, Hewas, I'm good Peza. So I understand you're in Sydney right now, about to head into Melbourne in a couple of hours time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've just packed the car and my girlfriend's driven down to Melbourne today. It is the greatest city and she's taken. We've practice everything, but she's taken the greatest love of her life, which is her boat.
Speaker 3: See you're already you're moving her hair. But you know where you are in the position of this relationship. You're in second place.
Speaker 6: It's in the contract somewhere, I'm sure in the fine prim pla. Yeah, I've come to realize that there's a second love, of second love, and her first love is a boat.
Speaker 4: So she's put all her possessions of the boat. She's sailing it down, no no, no speed.
Speaker 6: But in the back of the trailer, driving it down through I think.
Speaker 5: I call that I'm sailing it down.
Speaker 4: I thought, like some people fly, some people driving. I thought she was putting the boxes on the.
Speaker 5: Pick me up.
Speaker 6: We're driving the boat down. We're driving her through down, through through the city, all the way down to the southeast.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's an amazing trip today. So this is a big day for you. So you're introducing you bring her into your city. She's moved from Sydney to Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Look, I can't think of anything better than moveing fromn from Sydney Melbourne. So she's already winning there. And plus just bring her love the under of the boat. So I can't see where she's losing.
Speaker 5: Now, what do you want the billboard to say?
Speaker 6: I was thinking of saying, like along the lines of welcome Emma's boat to the greatest city in the world, and you too, Emma welcome. I like this.
Speaker 3: So you're really sort of really pumping up this boat. Do you not think it should be welcome Emma to the greatest city in the in.
Speaker 5: The world to you?
Speaker 6: I think I was up to her, she'd be welcoming the boat more than welcoming me.
Speaker 4: So it sounds like you're trying to get brownie points, Peter, Like when you meet and you go and you're like try and become friends with these dogs.
Speaker 5: Like the dog. Is this the first time you're living together or have you been living together in Sydney?
Speaker 6: Will be the first time we're living to the Yes, But trust me, over the period of time, I've realized that it's the boat or nothing, because even when speaking with her family and stuff like that, everything, the first question is what about the boat.
Speaker 5: To be colded by boat? And that's what that boats called on the sign.
Speaker 6: He has a nickname, but as well, we'll have a nickname of.
Speaker 5: This is this is incredible? So you want that you wanted to say welcome to Melbourne Emma's boat and welcome Emma to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, le's put out the end as well.
Speaker 5: WI might as well, And do you want to put a picture of of Emma or the pair of you?
Speaker 6: Look, let's be honest, let's put a picture of the boat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought we might be going that way.
Speaker 6: I've got plenty of pictures of the boat. And we put a picture of the boat easy.
Speaker 5: Maybe with a love heart or something around it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess we could the son that we could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so listen, good luck on the trip today.
Speaker 6: Yep, thanks for that.
Speaker 3: And where she can be living in I guess you'll be in the the apartment and she'll be in that boat, will she? All right, Peter, we'll put the billboards up for you. I hope it goes well this weekend. Good luck with the trip.
Speaker 6: Wild Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You looking confuse. You do you think it should be saying happy sailing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I think it's a I get where Peter's coming from. I just I don't know if the longevity of the relationship is going to last. If this boat is the number one thing relationship.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 5: Come on, Peter, they're at the start. The customer a.
Speaker 4: Picture of the boat. The boat's the No. One one thing in her life.
Speaker 5: He's trying to get, like you said, trying to get brownie points.
Speaker 1: We're with you The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today on International Dog Day, we're looking for your dog movies as dog lovers. Have any of us ever heard of the Basenji dog, the dog pats No, I have not. Well, meet your new favorite dog.
Speaker 5: This is the Mary Schneider of dogs because instead of barking, apparently.
Speaker 3: They yod or have listened to this. Yeah, that is a classic dog. There's nothing unique about that.
Speaker 2: Our dog does that when there's an ambulance in the neighborhood. What he hows when an ambulance goes past?
Speaker 5: What does he hear the siren? Then does something call a response?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep, and we have to go out and comfort him.
Speaker 3: He hates it all right, So we're looking for your dog movies today. I came home from work yesterday and my dogs are watching movies.
Speaker 5: Were they watching Christian uh, Jurassic Bark Silba? Then they watched their musical what did they say? Top up? Was an action fitterer on the wolf Gold? Then they watch some cartoons, Yeah, yeah, much Scooby Doo about.
Speaker 7: Gold.
Speaker 3: And then they watched a very smart movie. This one very smart movie. Yeah yeah mah and being John Malcobitch Silver plus at our house for Jack, but our house for Jack not quite hoints Jackie Boy?
Speaker 5: What have you got dog movies?
Speaker 4: Chihuahua Land heard Gold sixteen kennels.
Speaker 5: You love that sixteen canabals. But I've noticed that every other week there's some since then. Now, Bronze, we're onto you. The pattern's been recognized.
Speaker 4: Chewtoy chew toy, Bank Bank God plus, God plus and Nanny mcflee Nanny mcflee.
Speaker 5: Also God plus very good. All right, what have you got dog movies?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Dog Movies is a time wast today, Jack, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 4: Let's go?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is one coming off your phone.
Speaker 3: Some of these are from my wife and some of these come from Sue the Boss. Who did it better?
Speaker 5: Risky game, risky game, sliding Labradors.
Speaker 4: Gold's gold.
Speaker 5: That's my wife. Thank you, Jack, Thank you so much. Jack. We've gone away for the weekend. Could have been a frosty old weekend ground of day.
Speaker 4: That's a gold.
Speaker 5: That's my wife. Good man. I owe you whatever you want. Who did these? I thought we know we've watched out right now.
Speaker 4: The Park Night. It's all right.
Speaker 5: Raiders are the Lost Bark?
Speaker 4: Too heavy on the bark?
Speaker 5: One from the Boss Wolf of Wall.
Speaker 3: Streets Civil plus, but I'm Ryan. We bought a Shitsu gold very good. Meet the foxx Spaniels, Sam Day, that's very good. Meet the Fox Spaniels is very good. Lassie of the Mohicans. The last Yeah, the French Bulldog Connection Bronze boring old dog too, No certain dog Breees is boring, aren't they? I find pugs boring. People rave about they get too more.
Speaker 4: The Pope people are going to come after you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're calling. We know it's you because you sound like your dogs.
Speaker 2: People with pugs tend to have like a lot of them, like they might have two or three. They don't just have one.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed that?
Speaker 5: No, they have fraids of them.
Speaker 3: Patchy hand fifteen margaritas last night. Don't get too close to speakers, you'll get drunk by osmosis. Eagerly blondeag. How done, Dan, there's something about mastiffs. Bronze fairest Bulldog's Day, No boring dog bronze up and Schnauzer silver.
Speaker 5: I don't cray puppy. I shrank the kids gold Star Paars silver.
Speaker 4: It's a nine year old boy silver plus.
Speaker 3: Well well done, Edward Schnauzer hands old Jules, Indiana bones and the kennel of doom gold.
Speaker 5: That's some Lenny's ten. I don't buy it, orful lot of a pound.
Speaker 3: Kids entering trying to win these tickets today, they really want to go and see simple minds there Lenny's ten impression.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I do. Charlie and the Chocolate Lab, Lovely Dogs, Fetch It, Ralph Silver, Starsky and Fetch Gold and Sherlock Bones with Robert Schnauzer Jr.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: All Right, very good ones today. Who's off to red hot Summer to all part from my wife?
Speaker 4: Who's going congrat Sam for meet the fucking spaniel?
Speaker 5: Carla Bryer.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Alright's into the weekends, Tomorrow's show. No Monday Show Today, I forgot it's Friday, suns out shows out.
Speaker 3: New slogan, fuck it up, put it on the month, trademarket Monday Show today. On Monday Show, we'll be back. Here'll be week two. We the last week of win a billboard every single day. Then we have access, instant access. We can put your message, whatever you want to say, live on to fifty well over fifty billboards. There's huge beach digital ones you see all across the freeways. It's over a million.
Speaker 5: Now, I mean, did you say at one.
Speaker 4: Point time two million people will see your message.
Speaker 5: Just in the morning. So on Monday Show, we're going to do something a bit different. It's kids. Whatever kids, your kids, ask them over the weekend. What would they like to say on the billboards? Whatever it is.
Speaker 3: The billboards are open on Monday for kids only, and I know apparently from the time where it says lot Lenny, Lenny call me Monday.
Speaker 5: I'd have to chat to you, Lenny.
Speaker 1: Hey, hear that.
Speaker 3: Ten year old voice there, Lenny from Packingham. So you can email me over the weekend, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Whatever you up to this weekend, Have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: And then on Tuesday show, Very Special Day, asking to double down on hope for Cancer Counsel Victoria.
Speaker 3: We're going to be selling songs every Friday. We love letting you pick the songs. On Tuesday Show, we're selling the songs. However, money you pledge for a song, Cancer Counsel Victoria double that as well. So raising a lot of money for a great cause. We will see Monday. Enjoy the sunshine, Enjoy the weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast