Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stephenson, and we are back with a g's hot. These are our fun Friday epps where you send in your life dilemmas and Me and a Tea provide you with our unqualified two cents on the situation. Guys, A Tea is back from a month holiday. Hi everybody, she's lost her voice. I have lost my voice, but I'm not sick. A Tia Howe was Dubai in Africa?
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely amazing. Dubai is honestly one of my most favorite places I think I've been to. Everything is just next level.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of people travel to Dubai and it looks epic, but I've just never like never known, so after you telling me about Dubai, I'm like, oh, it's on the list.
Speaker 2: Now, Yes, guys, definitely highly recommend. It's just and I feel like it's a very convenient place to travel to on the way to somewhere else. And it's like one of those places that I'm pretty confident in saying that. I think every time I go overseas, now just stay there for it two or three days.
Speaker 1: Just stop over and Duby. Yeah, because I'm a traveler. Yeah, because I have the time. Love And also how was Africa? How I was going back home? It was beautiful, I because you're from Zimbabwe, I.
Speaker 2: Was born there yet, and I just I haven't seen my family since twenty sixteen, so lots of tears, but it was so nice to be with everyone and around everyone, and I didn't realize how much I needed that.
Speaker 1: Again, Like, I.
Speaker 2: Feel a lot more rejuvenated and relaxed about everything. And I was very wound up I think before I left, and now I'm just very calm and ready to get back into things.
Speaker 1: Very refreshed. You feel very grounded, Yes, very grounded. It was. It was nice to put things into perspective again. I think, yes, we'll tell us a little bit more about that. What do you mean by that? Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: We obviously moved here in two thousand and seven because things in Zimbabwe started going quite down hill, and it every time I've gone back since we moved, if you asked me if I'd lived there, I would have said yes because of the amount of family I have there, it outweighed how bad the situation was. This time I would probably say no, just because, like it's the point where there are no road lines, there are no road rules.
Speaker 1: That really got you to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need rules, I need rules, but like it's just not safe. It took me a week to get comfortable.
Speaker 1: To drive there. And you said that they like cut the water and power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the wedding, the week of the wedding, they cut the water for the whole week, so we had to buy water and have it delivered to the house every day, which was insane. And that's just what the government does there and it's not something we'd ever think about here. Like when we turn the lights, which the lights come on when we turn our tap, the water comes out, and it's not because people aren't paying their bills. It's just because they've decided, oh, we didn't have enough, so you're just not gonna get any for the next five days. And it's very sad to see that. But it also for me, everyone there is so resilient and so positive about stuff no matter what, and I it just put everything into perspective for me because now things happen and I'm like, you know what, I've got it good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh I love that's that's really good. And it's like so beautiful that you got to see your family and really have that family time too. Yeah, it was the best is that times? The best I know is that your recommendation of the weak. Yes, family time and a holiday and dubai. I'm in a holiday and Dubai.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think even just taking time to do nothing because I was at home for three weeks, but I wouldn't say I did too many touristy things like I didn't go to any parks or anything like that. But just taking the time to be with yourself and your loved ones and reflect and enjoy things and just take it slow. It's just so important.
Speaker 1: I love that I feel the sack same way. I don't know if maybe everyone's feeling like this, but when we went to Fiji, I did not want to do boat trips or go do you know Cloud nine and Fiji or anything like that. Like I was like, I just want to chill. I just want to be myself and enjoyed Tim and Ivy and that's even like it was my birthday on Wednesday, and happy birthday, thank you and thank you rn C fam. I have so many beautiful messages from you guys, and I do appreciate it. So I'm twenty eight big, twenty two zero. What she's twenty no big and two eight fuck, you know, And I just wanted to do I was saying to a tear. Like last year, my birthday was so bougie. I was at Hamilton Island, you know. For my birthday present, Tim bought me a new diamond ring. Like I got so many presents. It was just like I was pregnant. It was just a huge birthday and so much happening, like really for and then this birthday, super chill didn't work. Me and Tim just took Ivy to buy and Bay and we did the Lighthouse Walk and went to the farm and just like had lunch and spent time together and it was so chill. But it's like it felt like this, like it just felt like, oh thank God. And yeah, I've like told my friends I don't want to do anything like it's just I just need some space and I need to chill. So I feel like maybe everyone's feeling like this. Citia. Actually, let's put this on a poll tomorrow and let's see how everyone is feeling in regards to are you just like us, where you're like I just want to chill, I just want to go inwards? Or are you Georgie last year? I'd love to know how you guys are feeling. My recommendation for the week. I can't remember if I've recommended this. I think I have, but I'm still gonna recommend it again. I'm still watching the TV show The Split, which is all about family life and just drama. I love that. I love drama. That's what you studied, isn't it family law? Yeah? So I studied law and I worked in family law, so I feel like I can like relate somehow. I loved suits because of the law side of it. So yeah, TV show The Split loving it. Guys. This episode is chaotic.
Speaker 2: It's actually, I think the most chaotic episode we've ever recorded.
Speaker 1: So we started off with like usual hotline questions, and then we went me and a Tear went rogue because I was just craving deep conversation, and we went rogue about I actually can't even remember what we spoke about now a tiar, but we spoke about the afterlife. We spoke about what we think happens when we die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, incarnation came up as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we also spoke a lot about A Tears religion and kind of what you believe and then kind of off that your self beliefs too. Yes, I kind of can't remember what I said. And I was like thinking about this the other day and I was like, oh god, I hope I said was okay, you know how like, yeah, I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I'm like, was it too controversial? I know?
Speaker 1: But I just like I have thoughts. But I feel like also as people were allowed to have beliefs and we're allowed to change them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So it's like whatever I say, whatever. But honestly, guys, this is juicy again.
Speaker 1: We're going to put a poll on stories and just see what you guys think about these questions because they're a bit controversial. What I think is like completely different to a tea and vice versa. But it was like such a beautiful chat. I loved it. Yeah, so nice, and I think that like the big takeaway was just everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and to be open minded and to have these conversations because it's Yeah, it was really incredible. I went away being like, I loved that chat me too. All right, guys, let's get straight into the body.
Speaker 2: If you had the opportunity to be told exactly how your life would pan out, would you want to know?
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred and percent have you met me, I'm the biggest control of Oh, I don't know. I think I would because I'm a sicko and I just love to know. Yeah, I feel like you would too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I feel like I absolutely would, but I'd try so hard to resist it, and I just would not be able to resist the temptation of being told. I know.
Speaker 1: That's my bit. So here's my dilemma to you. What if you then got told what your life would look like and it's like it's bleak, it's not good.
Speaker 2: See what would you do then, spy. Probably Yeah, you would, like you'd end up in a pretty big hole and you'd have to pull yourself out and sort of just remember that, like that's not necessarily what would happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think I just go I don't know. See, I'm also a big believer. I believe in psychics, and I also believe in like parallel not universes. But like I believe that any choice you make there's then like multiple outcomes that can happen. And you're constantly, like you know, peaking a life. So I believe that you making them different choices you would have a different outcome.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I one hundred percent agree.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go rogue here. What do you believe in regards to like the afterlife? What's your beliefs?
Speaker 2: I think heaven and hell exist really yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that a religious belief?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 1: But I also what is the afterlife belief with your religions?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pretty much heaven and heaven and Hell? Yeah, okay, but it's just like this concept that.
Speaker 1: So a tears Muslim. Yes, yes, just so you guys.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be like what religion, there's like a day of judgment kind of thing, and then you get judged. Have you ever heard the phrase the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions?
Speaker 1: No, but that's mind boggling to me. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: So that's like some people say that in the sense that you can try to be doing a good thing for someone and then something will go wrong and they'll end up being hurt kind of thing. So that's what some people say. I know, but like some people believe that that, Like it's like a saying, saying whereas in my religion you are judged purely on your intentions.
Speaker 1: Else I love that.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't matter what the outcome. It doesn't matter what the outcome of your decision is. It's the feeling you had in your heart when you decided. Say example, if you're just genuinely a good person, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: So even if you accidentally killed someone in a car crash, it's still fine.
Speaker 2: Because it's not like you're going to help. Yeah, or like, for example, some people who will try to hurt someone will harm someone or affect someone negatively and it actually works out great for that person and they're like great, but they still did a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting yeah, but then like it's just like so hard because I used to be Jehovah's witness, so we very much were the same where it was like heaven and hell, but like heaven was like called the Garden of Eve, where once you get a different name, Yeah, you would go to like the garden, which is this great place where everyone's happy and you know whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just had this weird. I don't I the whole like going to hell vibe just kind of yes, I don't vibe with it.
Speaker 2: I feel like, and this is do not take this as this is my opinion. This is not my religion. This is our own appearance too, silly gallops talking on a podcast. I feel that God would forgive you for what whatever needed.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like I don't think anyone's ever going to be put in Hell.
Speaker 1: So you don't think it exists, No, you think I think.
Speaker 2: It exists because I think, like I very much believe in evil spirits kind of thing. I know, even evil spirits, and I do think that that's probably where they are. But I don't think people's souls get badished there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, because that's the concept I can't deal with because I think also there's a lot of people who do bad things, but if you really look at their lives, it's usually because people did bad things to them, Yeah, and they didn't know any better. And so it then kind of hurts my heart thinking that, you know, people would then go to hell where it's like, you know, they grew up an abusive household, you know, just stuff like that. It just like almost doesn't sit right with me because I like to believe, like you believe it. I don't know, because if you look at the actual soul of someone in its like purest form, because I I believe in like universe Source, God is like all the same thing, and it's just this higher thing. It's not a man, it's not God. It's like just a higher thing and it's not a person.
Speaker 2: We're taught that.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I kind of like that. And but also I believe our souls are all a piece of it, so like we are all source, we are all and that's why I'm so big into like intuition. Yeah, and you know the saying I say, a tear of like you can't fuck it up if you're following your intuition. You can't fuck it up because I'm I'm at that faith, I'm a piece of source. It's like I am you know, that thing. So it's like I can't fuck it up because I am you know, I don't want to say the words I am God because people take that out of context. But do you know what I mean? Like I am that purest form of universe source.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 1: Like I can't fuck it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then I don't know, And I think I struggle a little bit with the whole you know, in my religion and Jehovah's witness religion, it's kind of like Jhovah and Jesus and it's like very much these people are put on a pedestal, and I just like, am I I don't know? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I like to believe in a higher power. I like to believe in something beyond me, but not in the way of I would do anything.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to articulate it. But I think also growing up because my religion was like really pushed on to me and it just didn't feel right, it didn't sit well. I then went through a stage of retaliation where I was like, what's the word when you're not religious?
Speaker 2: Atheist?
Speaker 1: I'm atheist. I used to say that because I was like to.
Speaker 2: Your parents, yeah, because I was just like I just.
Speaker 1: Felt so like they pushed things on me, and I was like, I don't I don't want to do this, I think. And then I kind of have, you know, went through my self development journey and like my spirituality really grew and I'm now at this thing where I'm like, I definitely believe in this higher purpose, this higher thing, something beyond me. But like I said, I like to think that we work together, we co create. I am a piece of that, and it's so yeah, it's just like, I don't know, it feels different. It feels good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what matters. And I think, especially with religion, it really comes down to how your parents teach it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how it's because I don't know religion. To me growing up, it just felt like a bunch of rules. Yeah, and no sex before marriage, no smoking, no, like it just felt so restrictive, so restrictive, and I felt and it also was a little bit hard for me because my mum was really religious in you know, being a Jevia's witness, and then like my dad tried to support it for her, but he also felt weird because he smoked, he you know, drank, he he just didn't feel like he belonged, so he never used to come with us. So I don't know, it just kind of felt like this like weird dynamic as well.
Speaker 2: That's so fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: I think I got lucky with how my parents taught me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way you describe it, it's really quite beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that is just very much. And I know it's just from the way I've been taught in because I know people equally who have been taught slightly different ways by their parents and they have also retaliated and they don't like it kind of thing. And I think my mum always taught me, I will give you the book and you can read all the stuff, but at the end of the day, it's your connection with God or the higher power and everything, and it's your faith and that that matters. It's not anything else. So it's very much. They focused a lot on the spirituality and the morals rather than like you have to dress this way and you have to do this, and you have to do that. And that's how I came to like love it in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually on that point, something that I really did love about growing up religious is the morals. Absolutely, the morals like were so instilled with me until this day. Like I feel like I have really great morals because of a religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a moral and ethical compass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I do have a really strong one. And I remember kind of being in high school and I went to a public high school, which was like there was a lot's happening. You know. I'm sure it happened from private school too, but like, yeah, there was a lot happening, and I kind of remember thinking, oh, thank god, I've got a bit of like a moral compass, yeah, because you can kind of like I could just kind of tell other people didn't have the same upbringing. And don't get me wrong, I was still pretty wild. I was a bit of a wild child while so it's like, oh my god, imagine. But that's something I did really like because still to this day, I have those morals. Yeah, and still do you believe in like angels, absolutely, and like what and what's it called? I've completely forgotten the world like the people like your angels, your people who like.
Speaker 2: Your guardian angels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do you believe that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, But that's not religiously I've got so like there's a lot of different interpretation, Like with how Christianity, there's all these different like sects I think that's the word. I'm not one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Sure, Like we'll go with it. Concepts.
Speaker 2: Concept I don't know. It's like groups of belief. Oh okay, yeah, yeah. The same thing with like Islam, where there's like lots of different like schools of thought, and then that even gets more separated, like there's four different ways you can pray, and then all those four different ways of following have slightly different rules for things. And then in that then there's people who are more on the spiritual side and people who aren't, like they just don't believe in it at all.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And another thing I've noticed is there's a huge cultural overlay that people get confused with religion when like there's like Middle Eastern Muslims and there's Indian Muslims and like everybody's different. Yeah, because like I've had people ask me like, why do you like that your religion sexist? And I'm like, no, it's not. It's actually Middle Eastern culture that is a little bit sexist sometimes, like the women used to never used to be able to drive and stuff. They're okay, yeah, in like Dubai and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So because my cousin's Muslim, oh love. Yeah, because she she went to Africa and she married this beautiful Muslim man and she became Muslim, and so yeah, I've been introduced to it. And that's like I loved having conversations with her. It's so insightful because it's just you know, Western media really kind of puts that picture in your head.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, and like that's also another layer to it kind of thing. But yeah, there's just so many different Yeah, it's hard to explain that it's layered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably probably a podcast. Yeah, really wrote the last question though, I'm just very intrigued. Do you believe in reincarnation? I don't think so, See I I just I do, and I believe. For example, like a big question that I get in the project about you know, when I believe, like everything kind of happens for a reason. You know, trust your intuition, trust your angels, like believe in you know, this high thing, believe the universe always had your back. You're guided. And then you know have people who are like what about just like also that concept I talk to you about, like, you know, when something bad is happening, try and think of the lesson you're learning or you know, what's the reason here rather than it being a negative, like turn it into a positive. And so I often have kind of the reaction of bit, what about like the really bad shit, like just the shit that it's like, there's no possible lesson here, There's no blah blah blah, like you know, like children getting killed sort of bad stuff. And the way that I kind of explain it and what I believe in is we are all souls and so like right now is we are living out a like before I got put into this body, I was a soul and I completely knew what was going to happen in this lifetime. All the lessons I was going to learn, all the people I was going to meet, all the lives I was going to change for good for the bad, and that is all decided before I'm like reincarnated, and it's all because your soul needs to learn lessons, needs to like you know, go throughout life. And that's why people here, they'll go through a really tough life and this is a lifetime where they learn you know, hard lessons or they go through certain experiences because everyone needs to learn those experiences.
Speaker 2: And so then they'll die and then they'll go back again to the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like because you know, almost like the saying of oh gosh, if someone's got bad luck, like they must have done something bad in a past life. Yeah, no, we have like we have this friend, Oh my god, he just has the worst luck.
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking the like he's had I think like three people try and kill themselves in front of his car. I'm talking just like like bad luck.
Speaker 1: Just he's like gone to prison, like just oh my god, certain stuff. And there's a joke about, you know, like he must have really mustn't like Hitler in a past live or something because he just has the worst luck. Anyway, that's like beside the point. But that's just a group joke. Poor guy. But yeah, I don't know, I kind of believe in that. So it's like when someone's having a really you know.
Speaker 2: Unexplainably tough time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's kind of like, you know, that's what their soul has chosen for whatever reason. And I don't know. I definitely believe in reincarnation and it almost makes me feel better because it's not like you just die and that's it. It's my soul will then go out to you know, do its thing another time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like I've had psychic readings and she has said to me, you're a young soul. You've only been here a couple of times. And then where's my girlfriend. She's like, oh, you're an old soul. And my girlfriend like you can tell she's an old soul.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I don't know. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think reincarnation, isn't that Buddhism and Hindu and Hindu, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They believe in reincarnation, I think. Yeah, And that's why they have so many I think that's why they have so many different gods. I'm not one hundred percentual, Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have a few. I don't know. It's like almost, I that's not me being religious any point, that's just me having certain views. But yeah, it almost I don't know. With like religion and views. I think it's almost what comforts you, yeah, and what feels good to you and what makes you feel like connect you Yeah, connected and have a purposeful life. Yeah, absolutely, which is actually the funny tell us can you tell the podcast? No? I can't. Okay, I love home Rogue. We're gone. Yeah, Jay's gonna be listening being like what fuck?
Speaker 2: I used to be friends with someone. Yeah, and one day I think she was just a bit too drunk, but she took it upon herself to like give me her opinion on everything.
Speaker 1: A lot of it offended me. Oh my god, I was about to say this is me when I'm drunk, but no, I don't know, like too much, too much, like what one of them.
Speaker 2: It was just after the Megan and Harry interview came out with Oprah and I love Megan Markle and I think she's incredible.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: And this girl who knew that took it upon herself to criticize Megan Mikale and was like, there's no way they were racist. How can you blame queen Elizabeth blah blah blah blah blah. And this was still like recently black Lives matter kind of thing. And I just looked at her and I was like, oh, like, what makes you say that? And she's like, you can't blame Queen Elizabeth for what her ancestors did. And I'm like, no, honey, Queen Elizabeth did it.
Speaker 1: But also it's it's not about that.
Speaker 2: It's about audience, but it's also about the structures are still in place for that to happen.
Speaker 1: There's still a fucking queen. Yes, you're missing the whole point here. I didn't even hear the conversation. I know she's missing the point.
Speaker 2: And she and I was just like, man, I'm so the wrong person to say this too, Agion. Oh no. She was like, I just don't get why people are religious. I think that people who are religious are just empty and they just need something to fill themselves up. And they're just empty inside, so they need religion to fill them up.
Speaker 1: And I was like, interesting, opinion, you looked the way. You know what my actual pet hate is how closed minded some people are. Absolutely that is so closed mind, because this is like the beautiful thing is I can have my beliefs, you can have your beliefs and they're both valid. Absolutely, don't you think that's the beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: And I think if you look hard enough at every single religion that exists, it's pretty similar.
Speaker 1: A hundred puck. And that's why I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Just don't Some people don't want to name for it. Some people want to name for it. Some people like rules and books, some people don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think also, like it's such a great point of I think it's so small. For example, if I live my life a certain way, like a great example is me being a working mum, Like, yeah, that is so triggering, and that is something that you can tell when I have a conversation. I recently did this at a lunch and it was a business lunch with Cooper and you know, two others. And the man asked me what my does and I was like, oh, he's a stay at home dad. He looks after our daughter Ivy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh, and you could just.
Speaker 2: Stay you could just tell he was shocked, and he was really good.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh, that's so cool, Like I love that for him. But you could just tell, like in his face he was there and he was like, what the fuck. And he was like just asking me questions that were just like you could tell he just had never heard of it, and he was just like, oh, so you you go to work and he stays at home, and like I just wanted to know how it worked and exactly how your life work was. Yeah, like pretty much just a normal like I'm the one who works and he stays at home. It's like we're just different genders anyway, and I just I think it's so interesting. And but he was really good about it. He wasn't like good, you know, yeah, rude, he wasn't read or anything. But often like I'll get snarky DMS from women who goes, oh, I could never leave my baby when they're only you know, six months, or like a double ended sword of oh you know you're not maternal or blah blah blah. And they don't mean in a mean way, but you can see they see life a certain way and they can't see anything else, so anything else would either be like wrong or bad or.
Speaker 2: Just make them angry. Almost yeah, like that's not right. And I just like, if you can go through life being open minded, having conversations and welcoming different opinions, you were going to have such abundant life absolutely during your record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: And that's why I like talking about stuff like this because I feel like, especially religion such a taboo subject. Yeah, for a very weird reason, Like especially my religion.
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing? Because it's just like people like, oh, what religion are you? And I'm like, oh, I'm Muslim.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh no, actually I yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like they freak out.
Speaker 2: They not because they not maybe like I don't think it's because they think I'm a terrorist or anything, but it makes people very uncomfortable because what mainstream media, what mainstream media says, and like even if they don't think that, or they're like, but she's such a nice person.
Speaker 1: God, Like, it's just this.
Speaker 2: People get uncomfortable to ask me questions. And for me, I'm like, ask me as many questions as you want, because I think that's what's what's beautiful, Like I want to share it.
Speaker 1: I think it's because it's yeah, and it's because mainstream media has made it's like so polarizing.
Speaker 2: Very polarizing, and like I just don't think it should be like I would love to sit down with one of every Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I found myself I think it's also quite it's immature. I think in my early twenties I had views of these like you know, set things and like I don't believe in religion and blah blah blah, and then you kind of like evolve and grow, and I think, like, for example, the other day, I saw a title of a podcast that really triggered me.
Speaker 2: Really well, yeah, can you say it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, obviously I'm not gonna say who is bad or anything like that, but it was basically a podcast talking about men empowerment, almost which I'm a huge feminist and like mean, Tea up Cooper calls us men haters and like, I'm not, I just guys. I'm you know, I'm for the gals. I'm for the gals. And also I'm just you know, I saw growing up my mom and dad had very much the heterosexual normal relationship where my dad went to work, my mom stayed at home, and I just saw certain things that they didn't like feel It's not like they felt wrong or anything was bad, but I just I wanted a different life for me, and I just was very not opinionated, like just yeah, just very adamant of what I wanted in life and how I kind of wanted to make my life, you know, different, And also I just saw certain stuff that I was like, but why is it different because I'm a female? Or why is it different because he's a male? Like I just like kind of didn't understand the whole concept. So I'm just like very strong willed about this topic. And yeah, it really triggered me because I'm like, men don't need empowerment because I've just been empowered for fucking know. I mean, like yes, and I hate when people are like, oh, you know, it's all about female empowerment. I'm like, it's literally been.
Speaker 2: Like about time, it's about fan time, fucking Lizzo, and so like, I get so fired up about this anyway, I just like I clicked into it because I was I think it's super close mind I did if I sit here and just scoff and go, oh you know yeah, And so I actually listened to it. Didn't agree with it, still don't, but you listen, but I listened. But also it was super insightful. Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 1: There's definitely points in it that I was like, I can understand where they're coming from. And it's not like I agreed with it, and I still have my own opinions, but it was like that person is also allowed to have their opinions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm just at the point where I'm like, if you're gonna let every single thing that you disagree with that someone else says get to you, you're just gonna be sitting at home in a room behind your friend upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I and honestly like, I'm quite careful what I say on Instagram on this podcast because I don't like confrontation, Like I purposely choose to be quite vinila. Yeah, you know, because I'm just like not interested in the internet drama. But also one hundred percent it's like, if you're going to like just let everything offend you and everything being like, obviously there are boundaries.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, obviously there is things that I listened to, I'm like, well that's fucked, and I think that's okay.
Speaker 1: But I think also the whole basis of what me and the tier are talking about is you will.
Speaker 2: Have such a like more fruitful life if you can listen and process and not have a closed minded opinion about things and just be like, hmm, that's an interesting way to look at it.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting way. You don't have to agree. Yeah, Like I didn't listen to podcasts and go yes man about me or anything like that. But I was like, that's insightful, you know. It's it's just good to have other opinions in your head and not just be so specific with what you believe and who you know is in your exactly Chrisphear.
Speaker 2: I always think as well, like, if you think about the opinion you had about things five years ago, you probably disagree with some and growth happens when you hear something that you initially wouldn't agree with, but you ponder yes.
Speaker 1: Love, guys, I think that's all we have time for me. For me, we really went rogue there. But I hope you enjoyed this conversation. It was lovely chatting to your dear you too. I loved it. Let it guys, Let us know if you want more of these like random sort of.
Speaker 2: Chats and philosophical like yeah, like let's talk about Fridays. It's a pee, it's still alliteration, the same sound, Okay, I get you.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, guys, Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquered podcast If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseanconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Conquer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.