Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Finals Fever is here. Oh this city changes now.
Speaker 2: It's not just a Grand Final, it's the next couple of weeks and even yes, sir, I went into a wine shop to get stocked up for the weekend and the guy and I all we talked about for fifteen minutes, and I didn't realize there was a customer behind me, and.
Speaker 1: This guy just went this is a podcast.
Speaker 2: Actually gave him a look like, go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: We're not even in half. We're not even halfway through this episode. And your team to know any of the finals, I know it is his he is a Bombers fan. Oh no, I'm thinking. I think that.
Speaker 2: What's interesting though, because if I had to sum up how I filmed one word, it's floating. I am like a lot of people, you're the same. We haven't got teams in the finals with floating fans. So actually, what's really exciting is you can look at the games the next couple of days and work out why you're going to back a certain team that's sorts the joy of it. Like I'm going to upset a lot of Hawks fans right now. I find the Hawks a little bit snug smug team. The Wizard of the Mint celebration, it's like Ginevan as well as if he's the renownder of the game. All of a sudden hopball, It's like, do your time. We'll see over the next couple of years. I really want g W West to beat them, not just beat them, smash them. Wow, upset Hawks fans turning the show off right now, I could lose listeners, but saying this is the joy of being the floating fan.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You have no alliances here, so you can look at tonight's game and go, h, you know which way do we go tonight? Mainly I'm hoping the Pies losing away because we have a really smug Pies fan on the show, Tina with two e's. How are you in one word, turn the microphone on that we can hear you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, why would you want them to lose? You manifest that because it would make me so happy tomorrow seeing you all upset. You know what it's like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if what what was the opposite yesterday?
Speaker 1: I was brilliant yesterday ten past.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about ten past eight. So Tina, you're a big Pies fan. You've got to you must be going confidence tonight. The sunglasses are back? Was it his third game? Mason Conx's bag? Where's he been on? Try ice?
Speaker 1: Like hands solo?
Speaker 2: Folks, as you had another job or something, because you've been working at the merch store.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit worried about that personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not played all year. Yeah, Wiliam outsight, really important game.
Speaker 1: We're going all out, guys, We're going all out.
Speaker 4: She said earlier Flag Pies, she was very yeah, yeah, yeah, very confident.
Speaker 1: I like the confidence. I stand by yeah flag Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see, okay, let's let's let's say, let's make a note of when this was said fourteen minutes past six Thursday morning, on the even of the first finals.
Speaker 1: How are you in one word as a Swans fan?
Speaker 3: I feel liberated, because I mean, for a Swans fan, finals is just trauma. You know, you're just walking into a grand final that you're going to lose by one hundred points and the start is a.
Speaker 1: Monsters all year your pants at the MCG.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and you know that's what's going to happen every time. But this they're gone. I saw photos of them. They're in Turkey there, they're on holidays. I'm watching the finals. I have no pit in my stomach. I feel liberated, I feel free. I'm ready to watch the Pies burning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fingers crushed, Patsy, where are you? In one word?
Speaker 5: I want the Pies to win, so I would say hopefully, because my family goes for the Pies, like my dad and brothers all back the Pies, so I will back the Pies on their behalf.
Speaker 1: I've never heard you mention the Pies once this season.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, no one's asked.
Speaker 1: The bandwagon is out of.
Speaker 2: Things from you, but it gets someone's on a band bad.
Speaker 1: But you'll be in tomorrow if you win in a scarf? Yea fairweather fan? Where were you in may?
Speaker 5: Tela and I might both be celebrating in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alex.
Speaker 4: Optimistic for the North Melbourne Kangaroos. What I'm going to get that in there?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: There's nowhere any of the finals. What a disgrace of you? This was hey, But it's going to be better next year. Don't worry, but I'm going to get behind the giants. Toby Green love him.
Speaker 1: Toby's a great but he's a great character. He's a great, great Victorian as well. So you know, Skin in the game for Victoria with g w S.
Speaker 4: But he just gets in there in the other team's face and he's just dirty and he gets down and dirty.
Speaker 1: Break him off. But you'd love him to play for your class.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he is all in, isn't He never seemed not turn up and show up forty for a game.
Speaker 1: Often shows up too much. You'd don't half ast it.
Speaker 4: And it just became a dad as well. And that hasn't affected him at all. You know, let's sleep he's still playing well.
Speaker 1: If anything, it might make.
Speaker 2: It madder exactly. You thought it was crazy with us for eight hours. Wait we did that that kick backwards? If he's someone's groin, this one's one player, that's right. It looks like he could easy have another big career in w WE wrestling. Yes, you know, Sina can't do that forever, you know, smash a fake chair of someone's head. Let's go to Projusic Klin. Now you're a fellow DS fan. But so how are you in one word? Finals fever?
Speaker 3: Oh I love footy finals, but I'm going New South Wales, so I'll say New South Wales.
Speaker 1: That's not a team.
Speaker 2: I gave you a chance at redemption after yesterday, I'm already regreeing it. You're not to speak for the rest of this year.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast