Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, my name is Yan, I'm also a plumber.
Speaker 3: I was working on the roof of a brothel on a hot day, topless in little shorts. Stop it, you're exciting us too much, and I lost a ladder. I stayed upon that roof for a couple of hours because the clients, the men going into a brothel, wouldn't pass my ladder up to me as they were too embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, excuse me.
Speaker 1: You know I'm talking to you, sir, far.
Speaker 3: Do you know what just the second plumber store we've had today, maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It happened to a plumber. But we want to hear about these stories. You must have them.
Speaker 3: They're amazing, all right, So right now then, the only way you can get hold of the show is forget about calling us.
Speaker 1: That's for the proper radio stations.
Speaker 3: We prefer an old school You text us, give us a headline of his story, and we will call you back. The phone lines are playing around at the moment.
Speaker 1: Just now. Patsy Kaye was reduced to calling this as on our own little mobile.
Speaker 3: Hello, yeah, no, no, no, thanks for picking up Yeah, it's a Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 1: It's a powerful look.
Speaker 3: I think the station is winding down because they know we're off next week.
Speaker 1: On tomorrow.
Speaker 3: They're just doing it bit by bit fax us your story for me tomorrow on the show. All right, so today you text in four seven five three one o four three. We're looking for your stories about why you were hiding. I had to hide? Why were you outside in your underwear? And what?
Speaker 1: Blew away? Karen? Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Karen. I hope you're well this morning.
Speaker 2: So I am good. Thank you. So my son blew away?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Have you got back in the Stratify just over Ecuador? Christian. It's hoping to land sometime Friday. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was looking at it was funny. It was funny at the time, not all funny. But we were at HMAS so Breust up in the peninsula at the army base. Yeah, they had they had an open day and we were all standing around for one of the activities they had, which was an army helicopter landing. So, as an adult, I didn't take into him cat because I've never done it or been around it. Before the actual force of the wind that the blades give out is amazing, and it was hard enough to stand staunch as an adult without sort of getting like taking a stand back. You had to dig your heels in. So my son would have been about five at the time, ten years ago, and.
Speaker 1: At five is peak blown away.
Speaker 2: Age is oh gone, Yes, luckily.
Speaker 1: I hope into the old blender of the blades.
Speaker 2: No, no, I was going opposite way, Thank goodness. I wasn't getting getting blown If we can.
Speaker 3: Go around antikock, different story.
Speaker 2: But no, it was just yeah, sort of like concentrating yourself as an adult, stand staunch, and we weren't stand just stand your ground, not getting blown away, and we sort of looked over his shoulder and this poor little five year old and his wellies or like it was just like taking steps back, like not shock on his face. And then he eventually got to a point where he just tumbled. It was just yeah, like you know, he's okay. Everyone was like, hey, it was just listening to your show. You're saying myself and my oldest son, and mean you said about getting blown away, and we just yeah, you don't.
Speaker 3: Ever you don't ever move on from that story about when you got blown away.
Speaker 1: In my mind, he's getting blown out the wellies. Oh my god, we're taking someone off at.
Speaker 2: The well My gosh. It was funny, but yeah, it was. But there's all the power of the you know, there's big army.
Speaker 1: You've got no choice but to go stormch second one, have it to a plumber. Storge, Yeah, Storge.
Speaker 3: I love it, Karen, really funny, cool. Thank you very much, have a good day. You keep by way, Lisa, Lisa, Hello, Hey Lisa, what got blown away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I worked at the Colt Express service station in Port Piarray, South Australia, and my team member and I were out the front changing one of those big posters two for six dollars posters and their call float and she was holding it and she lost a lot of weight, and a big wind just came through what we call the wind tunnel for forecourt and lifted her off the ground, not far, but it lifted her off the ground and she stumbled back down and basically had to stumble backwards to the end to get her seat. So I laughed, and I laughed and I laughed, and she said, can you help me?
Speaker 2: No? And I laughed and I laughed like a yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 3: It's incredible so far that her sun's been blown away.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, No, she didn't go far off. The grab she did did lift her and when she hit the ground, she hit running backwoods just because you know.
Speaker 2: You have to get you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Lisa honestly called the show. Any time you sound like magd up from Kathin Kim.
Speaker 1: Tell a story, it's already ticlar me today I laugh.
Speaker 5: Thank you, guys. I love your show.
Speaker 3: Oh bless you, we love you calling the show Lisa. She really made us laugh today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lisa, thank you.
Speaker 3: I want to drop a perm and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. I want that's my ring tone, Karina, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning, team. How are we all? Team? Good Karina? And which one are you calling in about blowing away?
Speaker 5: I'm blowing away. So in Wellington, my grandmother, very petite, small woman. I don't know if you know that Wellington has the nickname of Windy Wellington.
Speaker 6: Ww Yes. So this particular day, she gets off the train station she works in the heart of the city, and as she came out of the train station, a gust of wind came lifted her off her feet and outstretched, grabbing hold of a lamp post, and people.
Speaker 1: Are walking by, and she likes growing poppies.
Speaker 5: Come back very and you know what, very much, very much funny little latitude like Mary Poppins.
Speaker 6: She'd make a very good Mary Poppins banana blit her heart.
Speaker 1: She needed to be more stormed. Lack of stornishness in this story.
Speaker 5: But no, that was such a funny story with her blowing down down the main street and trying to get a free.
Speaker 1: We started this phone and there's things that blew away, trampolines, roofs. But now it's family.
Speaker 3: Her son, oh, work mate and nana. Where else can we go? Knowin four one four one O four three Kenny, good morning, Hi. Just his story involve a human being being blown away somewhere almost oh brilliant, right?
Speaker 1: Is okay?
Speaker 7: It's another Wellington story. Yep. Back in nineteen ninety seven, my sister and I our first plane trip. We flew into Wellington, which is pretty nerve wrecking anyway, and it was about it. I reckon a thirty seater play so not big. They they had to tie a rope between the aeroplane and the terminal, so the passengers hold on it.
Speaker 1: Come on, you're not going up K two and everest.
Speaker 4: No, for real.
Speaker 7: You had to hold on to the rope so you didn't blow over and end up on the tarmac in front of another plane.
Speaker 1: This is still I don't know if they still do it.
Speaker 2: It's a few years.
Speaker 1: Think maybe not. I reckon.
Speaker 3: I just think for the Women's World Cup we'll be sharing it with New Zealand teams again.
Speaker 1: Off the play with crampons.
Speaker 3: And incredible stuff.
Speaker 1: Kelly, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Is The Christian O'Connell Show podcast