Speaker 1: Just boostood by a couple of mitches, release yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 2: And kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Just you you feelthy unhinged bitch? Honestly is Michi and Mitchell coos.
Speaker 4: How are you? H Oh? My gunning sinc Was to say, how are you? No one Actually, if you're in your car wherever you are, listening in your epods, say it, how are you? Oh good?
Speaker 5: That's nice to hear.
Speaker 4: That's great, that's so good, or so sorry? Oh chuck, that's rough. We sound like jenn A, that TikTok creator that has those one sided conversations with a cup of tea.
Speaker 5: We need to get her back on the podcast. I love her.
Speaker 4: I need to be checked in on the amount of sour cream she goes through her recipes, always have sour cream. Like today, I'm I'm making a cup of tea, You'll need one cup of sour creep like Jenna. That doesn't seem right.
Speaker 5: Nah, I believe anything she says.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I was going through some shit, I could call on and she'd just drop everything. She's the kind of soul in the world I couldn't get a fucking hold of either.
Speaker 5: Of you, Mitch and Jenna. Today.
Speaker 4: Well, I was on a phone. What wow, first word of the show and what when?
Speaker 6: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bitch, still thinking about that, Jenna. Yeah, he's a sweetheart. You could call me though whenever I tried.
Speaker 3: What happened today was I left the house to come into the studio and I'd driven about ten minutes and I realized, oh, I didn't bring the fucking adapter for my laptop because in how MacBooks don't have you withs be ports anymore. Yeah, I was like, oh shit, I'm going to need that if I'm going to be loading audio today because that's how I get it off the laptop. And so I was calling Jenna to ask if she had one, had one already, it's I could just keep driving or if I'm gonna have to turn around and get one.
Speaker 4: Couldn't get a hold of her.
Speaker 6: Yes, because between the hours of twelve and one, I'm at Pilates.
Speaker 5: I did actually remember that. I was like, oh, Jenne's a PLARTI that's right.
Speaker 6: And then I had to use my Apple Watch to write pilates and't.
Speaker 4: That's all she gave me, just the word pilates. No it means it's so hard to write with an Apple Watch.
Speaker 5: I don't have one.
Speaker 4: It's like you're playing fucking operation.
Speaker 6: Well, imagine doing it while you're doing Reformer pilates.
Speaker 4: I couldn't imagine that, but it sounds hellish.
Speaker 3: Sometimes even the phone I find too small and I just jump on to the laptop.
Speaker 4: Imagine me twenty to use a watch. It's hard my watch.
Speaker 3: And so you told it's that your Apple Watch causes anxiety because you've got your notifications strapped to you.
Speaker 4: I turn on my notifications off. Well, what's the fucking point of it? It's really good. Tells the time. It's all the watch it's worth. It's worth a two thousand dollars price tag.
Speaker 5: It tells me the time you can get a watch that you don't have to charge all day.
Speaker 4: I have to take my watch off now when I do weights at the gym because my wrists are so thick that when I bend back. I've called the emergency services like four times. Yeah, and my personal trainers like me, you've called the federal police again. Sorry to turn off, and.
Speaker 3: How how long does it give you to hang up the phone? Let's try, Like if you accidentally call the SOS. Doesn't it do like a three to one? If you don't fucking canceler, we're calling the cop.
Speaker 4: I'll initiate it now, ready, Like, please, Oh this is risky, scared I try this at home? Girls, Please don't eight seven six? Where's the alarm? There?
Speaker 2: We go?
Speaker 6: Sure, that's scared.
Speaker 4: Stop it so.
Speaker 3: It gives you eight seconds and then from five seconds on once it starts yelling at you.
Speaker 4: And the flashlight just started going off to Yeah, does it call triple zero or is it an idiot and calls nine on one? No? It called triple zero? Yeah? When was I going to call fucking wires?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 4: You're falling? Have you fallen from a tree? Yeah, it's I'm a one bat. I've been hit by a high lux. That's sad, so sad. Why would you bring it up? I'm welcome to the show. Everybody. Wednesday episode famously more on Hinge than a Monday episode.
Speaker 5: Yes, so far that has been the trend. Yes, you're right, mane.
Speaker 4: Did you hear that again?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did you really hear that? I turned my mic off?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we weren't talking, like you chose the worst time.
Speaker 3: It's like instead of doing it underneath my voice, Like if you did it right now, you wouldn't hear it.
Speaker 4: So you just cough. Now we heard it, but you specifically waited and just went Why we bring it up was let me move on from it. Pain in the hours, I'm made this cough all of a sudden, it's because my fucked ober. I'm on armor force, like, which is like it's working, but you can feel my my immune system fighting so hard to not get sick. I've got like one eighth of a sickness and it's like my body's just trying not to get any more in there.
Speaker 3: Oh when I feel the one eighth, I just know my immune system is not going to bother with this. I just kind of surrender and go, let's fucking ride it out.
Speaker 4: Normally I do that normally my immune system is implodes. But this armor Force, which is a vitamin you take, it's like eighty bucks, but it genuinely has kicked it in the butt, like I have this cough. Armor force absolutely nothing. No, yeah, they're not. I'm telling you, okay, I'm not making money. I can mention brands on this.
Speaker 5: I suppose you can, unless it's a cigarette brand.
Speaker 4: Totally god, and that's my he mentions it a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm a force no cigarette brands.
Speaker 5: Fuck yeah, let's take him down.
Speaker 3: Let's report him to the Australian Communications and Media.
Speaker 4: AUTHORI, oh my god, Jenna, you should just walk in and go, hey Jones, if I've got twelve examples of years breaking radio codes and unless you fuck me on this radio doors we actually mentioned cigarette brands a lot. Yeah, because I don't know what.
Speaker 3: The podcast codes are. I just only know the radio codes, so I kind of just play by that rule.
Speaker 4: I think they're very similar. I'd say that you're not allowed to say specific brand names of cigarettes, but you can say drugs the other day. I'm like opioids, heroin, you're allowed.
Speaker 5: It's very well that usually gets beeped out on air if you say heroin.
Speaker 4: Really, I don't have a beeper. Maybe that's why. Maybe it's the investigation currently into my show Who Knows It's Night? Sometimes you know, after seven thirty at night, you're allowed to be more sexual.
Speaker 5: In life or on air.
Speaker 4: Well, that's actually how it works in life. I FI normally only most of my actions post.
Speaker 5: Seven to thirty three bit of a matinee.
Speaker 4: Oh Mattine. Fuck is a lot. No, not at all. In the middle of the day sex.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter if it's bang on mid day. It can be two or three pm.
Speaker 4: No morning, I prefer morning, all night. Get middle of the day. I've got stuff to do. And it's not you talking about people, not you. Yeah, okay, I've tried actually wanting.
Speaker 3: It's a bit impractical because you don't have an opportunity to prepare.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course fun because it's like the sleepy then you know the erections. No, I mean shutter, I mean a barely consho. I love it. They're not alert. No, No, it's not that, because it's like you've got the romance, like shut up, real funny, was it, Jenna, Hey, she's laughing at one of my true he's funny.
Speaker 5: And then you Yeah today, I've always said that it's.
Speaker 4: Fine, you can have it. Take it. Take the compliment, all right? Today off the back of my date at Wicked, which I'm know we talk about my date at Wicked, Well we'll do that in the Wicked segment. Oh sure, yeah, why not? Why not? I went to Wicked and I have seen it once before in London, but I was so young.
Speaker 5: I thought it was your first time seeing it.
Speaker 4: No, I saw it in London. Oh, Doody Dench was Debbie ordered.
Speaker 5: I don't remember what dooty Dench.
Speaker 4: What dooty Dench was Glender? So from one fame.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're having another one of those days, so let me just spit it out. Coming up today, we're doing a Wicked re enactment, which was that much of a fan of the show that he wanted to recreate one of the scenes here in the podcast text.
Speaker 4: Missions and Wicked. Let's do an acting class.
Speaker 5: Yes, and also and also a talkback things.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've been checking in on our mate John Laws and oh wait.
Speaker 4: To answer me this question. Why we did one two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in that segment, I said I need to do a welfare check on John Laws because we often play him at talk back things and I haven't listened him to agent.
Speaker 4: That's very true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and I did, and he did. It's the point. You've got gold. You've got something to report, do you?
Speaker 4: Okay? God, you've got gold? Is it his microphone? Because he speaks into a microphone. A gold make gold? All right, Well, that's all coming up I can't wait for the acting class me either. Oh no, idea, No, I'm so excited. Now we should start the show. If it is your first time listening, we start the show with an is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. We've got a very special idiot on the line joining us from Sydney.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, Hello, Hi, have you ever been described as a very special idiot?
Speaker 8: I feel honored.
Speaker 4: I had a public conversation the other day actually on the two of us on the tour with Brittany and Laura. I was like, oh, and idiot's coming tonight and they went what what? And I was like, an idiot, he's coming to the show tonight. And they were like, what are you talking about? And I was like, oh, we call our listeners idiots. They thought it was hilarious. Oh thank god.
Speaker 5: I thought you're about to say they were canceling us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, they thought it was funny. Well, Brittney Hockley is an idiot, shout out. She not a real one.
Speaker 5: No, she recognized the idiot.
Speaker 4: She listens every week now, she probably just she listens all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, britt can you just DM me, babe? I've been trying to get you and Laura on the podcast The Mitch of It Organizing.
Speaker 4: We can barely get them on our own fucking podcast, let alone ours. Stephanie, you have an ageum of your own? Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Does anyone else get sulvas when someone that you follow on Instagram unfollow you? Oh yeah, yeah, Like I'm like next level, So.
Speaker 3: Steffie, Steffie, Steffie, you shouldn't be checking those apps?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely not should be shouldn't be using those apps?
Speaker 4: Do you need an app? Do you have an app?
Speaker 8: Stef Yeah, so I have like this, it's so such a dodgy app. Not gonna lie. Is it like locks me out of Instagram whenever I log into it, which is pretty bad. But I'm just like walking that fine line. But literally I go like next level. So if I see that you're on follow me, I go do like your profile to unlike all your pictures and then hit unfollow. Yeah yeah absolutely, I'm like I'm not giving any likes out Like that's how petty I am.
Speaker 4: Get rid of the app. That's not cool. You've got the app?
Speaker 6: Yeah, But like if somebody unfollows me, I'm going to unfollow them.
Speaker 4: How often do you check the app?
Speaker 6: Oh? Maybe like once a week?
Speaker 4: Wow, Jenna, Yeah, I'm that Guys. You can't that. You can't worry about that ship? Can I tell you? Mitch? Can you go to your profile now? If you knew how many followers I lost in a day, you'd be shocked. I luckily my ratio, I gain more in a day than I lose. However, i'm your ratio, Like you can see how many followers you gain in a day, plus how many you lose in a day. I'm losing a lot of followers. Yeah, okay, but I gain I gain more, so I'm growing. But let me get total followers.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: This month, I've gained two thousand, four hundred and eighteen followers. Well done, When Stephanie, I have none? Okay, I've lost three hundred and ninety, so you're still ahead of the pro I'm still well ahead. That's good. Who are the three hundred and ninety fuck faces that are unfollowing me?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: Look at these people who've unfollowed me.
Speaker 4: Oh they're blank. Oh I love fucking Istanbul. That's someone's name. I'm not even joking, Jenna got unfollowed by tourist I.
Speaker 6: Love my hair.
Speaker 4: Oh it is?
Speaker 3: Can I challenge you to like not use the app for a month and see how you feel afterwards, because who cares about that shit?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's happened to me, right. Aaron Mollan unfollowed me. I did so many fuck that she followed because I did so many videos for her when she used to come in for Jones and Amanda and she unfollowed me. I unfollowed her back.
Speaker 4: I'm sure she felt the pinch. Molland unfollowed Sky News pundit Aaron mullin, Yes, that's funny.
Speaker 6: She followed me for two years and gave up.
Speaker 3: I wasn't think that I'm following is a bit nasty. Don't you reckon that you can just mute them? I don't need to know you're on following.
Speaker 4: I agree. No, I'm pretty big on unfollowing. I unfollow a lot. I block. Thanks Jeffanie.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to hit up Jenna on our Instagram at a couple of all.
Speaker 4: If you would like to be part of the show. Don't forget. We have our new jingle to remind you if.
Speaker 3: You've got an, is it just me of your own and you want to come on the show with us? You can do the DM thing a couple of mitches or send us a text.
Speaker 10: For till nine for a two zero two nine.
Speaker 4: Sure can. I love that we've kept the jingle on the end of it like it's another it's a Justin Timberlake song as well as Kelly Clarkson song.
Speaker 5: Well, they kind of agree on me that little don.
Speaker 4: It's fun. It feels very us. I've been the.
Speaker 3: Post in our faithbook group that said I was going through the Macats drive through listening to the podcast episode where we were playing the jingle option.
Speaker 4: I did see that, and.
Speaker 3: The person working at Macis said to them out the window, which one do you prefer?
Speaker 5: A fellow idiot, I was like.
Speaker 4: So sweet, I love it all right? Shall we do talkback tings? Yeah, let's get into it.
Speaker 3: So talk back tings it's where we bring you the cooked things that you are missing by not listening to talk.
Speaker 4: Back Radio's fun.
Speaker 5: I'll bring you all the good shit.
Speaker 4: Don't worry, you'll hear it here. We did it two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: We were playing a different radio show to normal because I feel like majority of the talk back Tings segments we've done have been surrounding John Laws.
Speaker 4: We have an interviewed John Laws. We have that was the weirdest interview of my life, the worst interview of my life. I was terrible. I was terrified of them. I fucking loved it and I was so scared. He was trying to make you uncomfortable. And you know what, you let him win. I did it worked.
Speaker 5: I don't try to make him uncomfortable back.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think he was trying to make me uncomfortable. I think it's called himself Mitchell.
Speaker 6: He was not well when I met him. I think he did as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's an odd nut.
Speaker 6: He didn't know what was going.
Speaker 4: On the international listeners. John Laws is an Australian broadcast legend. He's been on the air for sixty years, no seven, probably seventieth year on air, like and he is an old old man and he's famous for being the.
Speaker 3: Talk back Brady, a legend basically, and if you've listened to this podcast, he's no stranger to you. But we said last time Wedy had talked about things that I was going to check in because I hadn't listened to.
Speaker 4: John Laws for a little while.
Speaker 3: I said, I do a welfare check. He actually did have a lot of time off. He was gone for like two months and literally last week returned.
Speaker 4: Does that because his wife passed away?
Speaker 5: No, that was eighty ago. We spoke about that with him.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were just saying in generally a time off, but this is he had recent time off.
Speaker 5: Last week he came back.
Speaker 4: You said that. I yeah, it jumped in. Yeah. Yeah, So I was.
Speaker 3: Doing a wealthay check but it was fucking gone. And so he came back last week, Thank god.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 5: And remember how.
Speaker 3: We realized that his voice is getting a bit concerning, like he started to sound a bit like he's on his deathbed. Yes, his voice was going, the golden tunsils were acting up. I feel like that two months he had off overseas have done him well, because he's sounded gorgeous at the moment, in really great mood, having.
Speaker 4: A good time. And so it's back welfare. All good, Okay, the check has been done and he's been feeling playful.
Speaker 3: I feel because what we're about to play is a couple of calls that I heard and normally he suffers no fools, and if someone is a bit of a fuckhead, he doesn't have patience for it. But he was just having a laugh to the point where he was chatting with birds.
Speaker 4: What like women? No, no, no, birds, poultry what?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, there's two instances where he was having conversations with birds.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I need to hear that.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the first one, another cooked caller called in and he was actually drunk at the time when he made the call to let John know that he'd lost his gentures so we had no teeth. His old drunk guy rolled in, and then the guy put John onto his bird to have a chat.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Laurence to you.
Speaker 2: There, mate, buddy, A little bit I got. I mean, I must be forced teeth get on a bus stop. The other day a sneeze on Victoria Road, and I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 11: Mate, Yes, hang, you lost your upper set of fall steeth and your lower set of fort steeth when you sleep. Must have been hell of sneeze.
Speaker 2: The biggest sneeze of event. I think we might come down and run over the whole one of them. There are guns and teeths going everywhere, you know, and the still kids were.
Speaker 11: Well, they wouldn't be much left after an eighteen. Thank god they weren't in your mouth.
Speaker 2: I love you, I love the comedy. She haven't a lot of things now. Because I'm seventy six, I don't think.
Speaker 9: You know well.
Speaker 11: I got to say, you sound all right to me, Lawrence. You sound pretty bright and pretty happy, even without your teeth.
Speaker 2: I've got a bird, coringo is his name's Ringo. He's a cocker peel and some beautiful thing like birds.
Speaker 11: Okay, but does he talk? That bird?
Speaker 8: You hang on your.
Speaker 11: Pay Come on, talk to John Wach Hello, Ringo, Come on.
Speaker 2: Talk to daddy. Come on, you're not gonna talk, earl.
Speaker 11: You don't get angry with him. He won't talk if you get angry with him.
Speaker 2: He's not going to talk to me, John.
Speaker 11: But don't get angry with him his little bird.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to talk.
Speaker 11: Come on, come on, hey listen, Lawrence. Yep, I got to go and.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So the bird literally didn't talk back talk back. So he was like that was there a chirp in there?
Speaker 4: Or did I make that? I couldn't tell.
Speaker 5: It sounded too clear to be a phone line.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe someone was playing it sound effectively, right, But what I'm about to play was much more successful as an inter action.
Speaker 5: He had a full blown fucking conversation with bird.
Speaker 4: Okay, so someone must have been listening to that and thought I can top it.
Speaker 5: No, this was just a coincidence.
Speaker 4: All right, let's have a listen.
Speaker 11: Joseph for you there, Yes, John, how are you, Kaba? I'm all right, thank you. Listen. Where are you am? I hearing a bunch of kids in the background. No, chickens, chickens.
Speaker 9: They're all excited. So they're going to a big poultry show on the weekend.
Speaker 11: So you show your chickens.
Speaker 9: I sure do.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what. They're talkative little birds, those ones you got.
Speaker 9: So I can probably hear you on the phone on the on the edge. They're a bit excited, but.
Speaker 11: I'm talking to them. Listen to that little one.
Speaker 9: It doesn't apply to too many of the people around the town because you can't have root in the urban areas. Now they're all bad.
Speaker 11: I'm doing bird impersonations here and now your birds are talking back to me. They just I just heard them talking back there.
Speaker 9: They go a little about the life I'll help. You must have a thing on the familes, John, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 11: Is it working?
Speaker 9: He starts lying for a while. Now you might stimulate her maternal instincts a little bit.
Speaker 11: Well, we can only hope anyway, Joseph, thanks for your call. We'll talk again another day. I'm sure okay. And to you.
Speaker 4: He had lost of marble in that moment, But didn't he seem like he was having fun. He seemed like he was really enjoying.
Speaker 3: Usually he's going on some rage or some tantrum, but here he is trying to talk to chicken.
Speaker 4: He actually sounded young in the bucks. They were young and much better. Fuck.
Speaker 3: You should have given you a ring. You literally used to play a chicken station.
Speaker 4: My first ever role on the radio station was the cash cock. And can I tell you something? They still the station mask, the station mask, And can I tell they brought it back this week at Kiss and I'm still the voice about it around for ages.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, but it goes on breaks every now and again. I don't want to hear the fucking sweepers. You record it, you can just do it live.
Speaker 4: Now, what do you want?
Speaker 5: Just improv?
Speaker 3: All right, Pretend that you're on the phone and you can hear chickens in the background, and you're trying to converse for them.
Speaker 4: All right, bloody hell, that's my cousin. It's me Cash Cog. Cash Cock's always very he's very jumpy.
Speaker 3: You shake your whole cheeks and you go, that's cash Cock. I don't John's impression is very good. If I was trying to talk to chickens, I do like.
Speaker 4: A yeah, I agree. You know something like that. Cash cooks not true to life.
Speaker 3: Cashwalks are character Yours is more accurate than John Lawd.
Speaker 4: You think it?
Speaker 3: Can I just call him like he was just muttering profanity? He's going to drop my pen, he did.
Speaker 6: You need to call him one day and have a cock off.
Speaker 4: Well, that be a very different experien I think i'd weird hopefully.
Speaker 5: Can you do a bird noise?
Speaker 4: Surely that was a fucking sheep? The fuck, Jenna, that's the same noise you just did.
Speaker 5: You're making a bar like a sheep. What about a chicken?
Speaker 4: Can you Mitchell? I already did the chicken? What about a rooster? That's cool? How that owl? A magpie? What if that bird that you always hear like early in the morning, It's like that sounds like a dove. Yeah, you know, you just sometimes hear that sounds like a dove bird chat. Fascinating. Shit, it's enough.
Speaker 5: Cash cock noise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 4: Well. I used to do jokes. I actually still have them in my notes app. You want to see them? Oh really, you saved the jokes you used to make. I think I've got it. I just not that I didn't like it. Don't be gatekeeper.
Speaker 5: I want to hear this ship. Oh yeah, I love the reprisal of cash.
Speaker 4: Cash Cock twenty twenty one. You got all the jokes I've ever made from them? A return of the cock good to me. I'm known for my comebacks funny because it's a sexual innuendo. Yeah, wait till I'm released. I don't want to be premanshew I.
Speaker 10: I've had issues ins I feel comfortable in Liverpool. I think most of the locals of Chase after a cock and public back at least once in their lives.
Speaker 4: Why did you ever give that gig up? You bucking peaked early. Honestly that's your best work then, coming from all different angles, I'm a video you should do.
Speaker 3: You should start just slipping that into our podcast occasionally podcast.
Speaker 4: Don't worry talk about teams, will be mom back. How you want to know? I like that you're listening to.
Speaker 11: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: You're listening on Spotify? Don't forget to leave a five star.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited for what we're about to do. I'm really nervous that we're not gonna do it justice. We are doing our own interpretation.
Speaker 5: Of Wicked the Musical.
Speaker 4: Speak for yourself.
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 4: I'm a classically trained actor. I've studied. I'm fine. I know my way around a script.
Speaker 5: Well, like I already said, I'm off book. I don't need a script.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not with my severe memory issues that I've got. I'm well and truly on the book. But I've got the script in front of me.
Speaker 3: And So you went to Wicked the Musical last week and apparently not the first time you've seen it, but the first time as an adults, And that's when it kind of sinks in.
Speaker 5: It's a weird thing to see as a child.
Speaker 4: By the way, I would have seen it when I went to London in twentywe same year as the Jubilee, same year as the Olympics twenty twelve. Yes, oh that wasn't that long agoing? No? So yeah, anyway, how long enough for you to forget it with your memory? Fourteen? I seriously do not remember it.
Speaker 5: Ada, Well you do now.
Speaker 3: And you said to me you loved Wicked so much that you wanted to do a scene on the podcast, and I've never said yes, quicker, I messaged.
Speaker 4: And said, let's do an acting class. So here we are. Firstly, I will say I went on a date at Wicked, and I think if anyone's like, oh, what do I do on like a fifth or sixth date? Go to a musical? It was a really good date. Really, Yeah. You get a drink before cute and then when you're watching it, it's like you don't have to sit there and talk. You kind of just like in each other's energy, put a hand on a knee or in an upper thigh.
Speaker 5: It was okay. I've actually been on quite a few musical theater dates.
Speaker 4: You're right, They're good, aren't mate?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I rate it. You can like a drink in the bar them as the intermission to chat. You've got things to talk about because you we've just seen all this content so it's not like when we talk about not that the conversation needed that, but it was a good day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: So all right.
Speaker 3: For those of you that aren't familiar with Wicked, right, it's actually the backstory or the prequel to the Wizard of Oz. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the plot of Wizard of Oz. This is just kind of a plot twist, correct, is what's happening while the Witches are off camera?
Speaker 4: Well, Wizard of Oz starts with that dumb tornado, and then the house lands and Dorothy's house gets pulled up, and then she lands in Oz. Yeah, and then she goes down the yellow brick road because Glenda says, hey, yeah, Glenda. Glinda says, go down that yellow brick road. And then we see that happen in Wicked. It's very funny.
Speaker 3: And the house after the tornado, it lands on the wiki Witch of the East, correct, which is Alpheber's sister. Yes, And you see in the movie The Wizard of Ours that the green Witch Rocks are pissed off as fuck. And then Glinda the good Witch says, right off you go, Dorothy, just follow that yellow brick road. Yeah, and the scene we're about to do with what happens immediately afterwards?
Speaker 4: Did I say? The one griper had with the production is that there wasn't any You didn't see the stockings and the dead feet of the witch.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you didn't say.
Speaker 4: That the house was off camera?
Speaker 3: Was in the cornfield, it's underneath the house on stage.
Speaker 4: You see the feet coming out? Did you actually? And remember the wick of It to the east had the red slippers that Dorothy star red slippers. Yeah, but there was no there was no feet, not from were you sitting on the right? Yeah? Right.
Speaker 3: I had the same issue when I went and saw the show. I had to say to Sean, we lean over because you can't see the feet from our angle?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know the view gets some stocked in the theater sometimes.
Speaker 4: Also, yeah, I missed that the slur that was written on the fucking Goatly's whiteboard. Remember how he was like, this is.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, the goat that was the university election whatever his name is, doctor dillomant him. I'm pretty sure it said this is how off book I am. I'm pretty sure it said animals should be seen and not her all I.
Speaker 4: All I saw was animals heard because it was obstruct by the viewer. And also, I will be honest, I had some real diehard Wicked fans next to me, like they were a bit much. They were singing the words and they had green. Oh. And of course I went on that one hundredth anniversary night.
Speaker 5: Oh not the one hundred twentieth.
Speaker 4: Everyone was everyone was in green. I had some bitch in front of me and a green tinsel week she got from Hot Dollar. And you know, though, cheap tinsel weeks go god. So every time Alphabet sung loudly, you could hear it get blown and that mechanical dragon everyone for but for alphabether el.
Speaker 5: So, I will be playing Alphaba in this scene.
Speaker 3: You will be playing Glinda the Goodwitch, and Jenna, you will be playing our love interest. There's a love triangle between the three of us. Correct Fiero, that's his name.
Speaker 4: Wait, can you can we do an announcement like they do at theater like boom boom. In tonight's production of Wicked, Alphaba shall be played by Mitchell Koh.
Speaker 3: I am no understudy. They only make that announcement when there's an understudy.
Speaker 4: Oh you're right, Oh sorry, I'm the witch very well? All right, so I'm ready, are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But I need to get more contact about the scene.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: At this point, Fierro, who was in love with Alphaba after having run off with her, he was dating Glinda first and then me, the backstabbing bitch, took Linda's man, and so he is leading the team that are trying to hunt the Witch down. But he's not actually wanting to kill her. He's you know, he's in that role to try and find her and get she's hiding, going into hiding of course. And so like you said, this is immediately after the house falls on my sister.
Speaker 4: Correct. And for context, Glenda, who I'm playing, is the wicked, is the good witch. I think we knew that. I'm trying to set up context. And she's the one who put the hit out on the on her sister.
Speaker 5: She told, well the backstory, we didn't know that. And Wizard of Oz yeah.
Speaker 4: No he didn't, and that was cold of him. I know she made that happen. All right, Are we ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've even got like the backing music and stuff.
Speaker 4: We're all ready in that scene. So do I start the music? Then begin yes, okay, So this pictured like.
Speaker 3: A scene change, you know those transitions where like bits of the set fly off correct and the new set comes on.
Speaker 4: We're now in a corn field.
Speaker 3: We've just come back off of a pause with the house on top of a woman and the yellow brick road.
Speaker 6: And a few laughs in the audience.
Speaker 4: That's right, you just take that one road the whole time. I hope they don't get lost. I'm so bad at giving directions. Oh nessa, what a touching display of grief. I don't believe we have anything further to seat. I wanted something to remember her by.
Speaker 3: All that was left of her were those shoes, and now that wretched little farm girl has walked off with them.
Speaker 4: So I would appreciate some time alone to say goodbye to my sister.
Speaker 5: Nsa.
Speaker 7: It's the Please forgive me, no, elfie, don't blame yourself. It's dreadful it is to have a house fall on you, But accidents will happen.
Speaker 4: You call this an accident, yes, well, maybe not an act. But what'd you call it? A regime change caused by a bizarre and unexpected twister of fate? So you think cyclones gets to peer out of the Blue.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know, of course, you never you're too be detailing everyone how wonderful everything is.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm a public figure now, Elfie, and people expect me to be encouraging.
Speaker 4: And just what exactly have you been doing besides riding around on that filthy old thing.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't all come and go by Bubble who with an invention with that the Wizards? Of course, even if it was, and I'm sure he'd still take credit for it.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, it seems a lot of us taking things that don't belong to us, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Now wait, just a clock tick.
Speaker 3: I know it's difficult for that bliss full blonde brain of yours to comprehend that someone like him could actually choose someone like me.
Speaker 4: But it's happened. It's real, and you can wave that ridiculous wand all you want. You can't change it. He never belonged to you, He doesn't love you, and he never did he loves me.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is where you slap me in the face.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Ah, feel better now, yes, I do, good, so do I.
Speaker 3: Oh this is where we have a scrag fight. Yeah, oh okay, yeah, oh wait. One of the other security guards that isn't Jenna comes in, I'll do that. I'll do the blokey voice, and then we're gonna go out of the guard.
Speaker 4: But we have a fucking cat and we have our ones like our stars.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, okay, cool, So all right, I'll slap you one more time and then we go into the scrag fight.
Speaker 4: Ready good?
Speaker 3: Oh so do I.
Speaker 4: Fucking old? I letta kick your ath, you blonde bitch, little Green. I'm gonna go ahead and fuck.
Speaker 9: You right up.
Speaker 7: Oh, come on, you're a little over here. You're a little fu Glindy on Ilda. And the name of the wizard he's your pussy green too, bitch.
Speaker 4: You shut up, Shut up, you you shut up, No, you shut up. Come over here. I'll show you. I'm gonna kick your ass. Had a prom state between your legs. You just happy to see me? Oh don't tell me now you're well, you're a fucking wizard.
Speaker 5: With go to line and the number of the wizard.
Speaker 4: Let her go. I almost had the slot.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, it took it so long to get here, missed.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you.
Speaker 3: Would sink this low to use my sister's death as a trap to catch your me you piece of shit healthy.
Speaker 4: I did not mean for this to happen. Ship.
Speaker 3: Don't lie on my face, bitch, Jannaway killing Tom that's your cute Jesus crossing.
Speaker 6: No, I'm flying mate, noise.
Speaker 4: Let the Green girl go. No, you got out of that one comes in swinging a rope like yeah, I'll give you your take again, because that was really emotional for me. Elvie, I didn't mean for this to happen.
Speaker 3: Let the Green Girl go, Biro how and on, let her go or explain to all of us how the Wizards girls watched while.
Speaker 6: Glenda the Good was slain.
Speaker 4: Biero, No, I said, let her go, Alphaba go now, no, not without you.
Speaker 5: You're lying too, Jenna, hush, now go do it.
Speaker 4: This is when I fuck off.
Speaker 3: Now the guard is really fucked off now at Fierro for betraying them, so he's going to fuck him up.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so I'm now the guard again.
Speaker 5: See him?
Speaker 4: No, wait, what are you doing in the name of goodness? Stop? Don't you see he was in there going to harm me?
Speaker 7: He just.
Speaker 4: He just loves her, Glinder.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Take him out of that field.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: I love pulp until he tells that's where the witch went out.
Speaker 7: Don't you hurt him?
Speaker 4: Please, don't hurt him. And this is when I do a fucking fail to try and save his laugh of course, hellokanal Normen, aren't you much your Melican Normen?
Speaker 5: I'm off book?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 4: Keep going? Aren't you much your melicanomen? And I'm not doing a whole song?
Speaker 3: Am I?
Speaker 4: Let it fletched up the time.
Speaker 5: Let it love me, you know, yeah, I can't hear it. Turn it up.
Speaker 4: I think I'm out of time. Let his song liveing aagan live. They try to destroy him, let him never die.
Speaker 5: It's too high. Okay, that's enough for me.
Speaker 4: Wow, well done.
Speaker 3: You really try to upstage my fiero. My lover is in danger. It's supposed to be distraught, and I was.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 4: It was my lover as well, but I was letting go of in that moment, knowing that she's in love with my friend. Errah Jenny dale Back. You didn't get the role. I'm so sorry. We're going We're making other choices.
Speaker 6: Who are you going with?
Speaker 4: We're going with Casey Dunovan. She is good, she is good? Wow? Can we do popular? Yeah?
Speaker 5: You did tell me this was your favorite song?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 4: Oh it was so good? Did you not like Popular? That scene?
Speaker 3: This is Glinda, It's big number, okay, and I most recognized song from the show LAA.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can get that high. We'll see.
Speaker 3: So I found a version of the song because I knew you wanted to do this, because I figured you'd fuck the timing, like you don't really know the song that well. So I've got a version of the song where you can hear Chris and channing with a singing, but it's it's like underneath, got it?
Speaker 5: Okay, So she won't drown you out. You can just sort of follow along and listen to her and.
Speaker 4: They'll kind of give me the inflection. Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Of course, you chose this song where I barely fucking talk.
Speaker 4: I message Mitch and I said, can we do Popular? He's like, that's a fucking one woman shows like that is a Glinda solo. I was so excited, Okay, can I do it?
Speaker 8: So the three?
Speaker 5: What's the do you want me to give the context for this?
Speaker 4: Then? Yeah? Please? Should I try someone who's seen it once? Please? Okay? So Elfie and Glenda not glendare in the They just checked into the hotel and they share a room, and they share a room at UNI. They share a room at UNI.
Speaker 5: Well you think they're having a night at the Meriton. That's something they've checked in.
Speaker 4: And they're both sitting on their beds and Glinda says, fuck, you're an ugly bitch. If I'm going to be associated with you, we need to do some work, and she gives her a makeover, but she's inherently green, so it's never gonna work. She's gonna be hideous regardless. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Glinda's the popular girl at their school. Yes, and her and Alpha be hated each other at first, they were put together. It's like dawn buddies at UNI. Opposite, yes, but then they end up liking each other, and she is determined to make her as popular as because Alpha.
Speaker 5: There is a bit like people make fun of it being great.
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'm ready. I'm ready and say, this is you trying to teach me how to be popular?
Speaker 4: Correct? I'm so ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm ready, Elfie.
Speaker 4: Now that we're friends, I've decided to make you my new project. You really don't have to do that I know. That's what makes me so nice. It's my only line.
Speaker 7: Well, whenever I see someone less fortunate than I, and let's face it, who isn't less.
Speaker 4: Fortunate than I, my tender heart tends to start to bleed.
Speaker 7: When someone needs a make over, I simply have to take over. I know, I know exactly what they.
Speaker 4: Even in your case, though it's the toughest case I've yet to fay nice. Don't worry. I'm determined to succeed.
Speaker 9: Follow my.
Speaker 4: Yes, you will be.
Speaker 7: Popular. You're gonna be popular there. I'll teach you the proper poise. Then you talk to boys a little ways.
Speaker 4: To flirt and flounce.
Speaker 7: That's away.
Speaker 4: How to fix your hair? If everything that really counts to be popular?
Speaker 7: You know he thee, the puppy popul You'll hay him with the right coharts.
Speaker 4: You'll be good at sports. You know the slang. You've got to know. So let's start. You got a carefully long way ago. No first hair. See this is how you toss your hair.
Speaker 3: I think, God, No, I'm Sorry'm in character. You're sure I'm all the ears. Tostos okay, tostos.
Speaker 4: No, No like this, tostos testas well. You'll practice why myself a ba look at you. You're beautiful, you, you're beautiful. I got a fucking guy you welcome And though you prodesse your disinterests, I know clan Stan, you're got a granted Bary familiarity.
Speaker 7: Lie Lie Lie Lie, you'll be by lives popular.
Speaker 3: As Wow, having the vacking thing it did not help you one bit. So much for too high though, Did I hit it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah? I mean it sounded like you were, you know, straining a little bit, but you got there. Thank you, guys. And I really enjoyed it. I really had fun.
Speaker 5: I can't believe we just did that, but I feel really, I feel like I'm dreaming.
Speaker 4: How the fuck did I convince people to react to Wicked scene with me? I loved it. I do that like at your house? Yeah? Actually, would you? Yeah, you'd fuck it? Of course I'd fuck it, but I'd still do it. Yeah, of course I'm not. In fact, I don't know it any better. Oh my god, I loved we could go and see Wicked. It is coming to Melbourne too, which is yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like anyone listening to that that have never seen or heard a Wicked would have been like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: But okay, if that's not an and to go see it, I don't know what totally did you say? It's going to Melbourne, It's coming to Melbourne, coming to Melbourne? Is it going into Jenna?
Speaker 5: Can you google? Is it going anywhere? After that?
Speaker 6: I's see.
Speaker 4: It's seriously so good and the set design was gorgeous. The costuming is amazing.
Speaker 5: Even though you couldn't see the fucking the corpse underneath the house.
Speaker 4: I couldn't see that. I couldn't see the witch. No, no, no no, but I saw the big dragon. God, it's beautiful.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've just looked. So the only place is at the moment Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh, they usually do Brizzy after that, I ogon they'll go. I think they will, thinkers crossed. It's really good and also worth the trip to Melbourne.
Speaker 6: You care Melbourne from March twenty twenty four, so.
Speaker 3: It's still in Sydney for a little bit. I keep getting emails saying last release tickets.
Speaker 4: All right, go see Weicked guys. If you can't be fucked with that, The Wicked movie is coming out next that's true. Yeah, where is it going on? What do you mean, Like, what's it going on?
Speaker 5: Is it like on a strap like the cinema?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so cool. Really all right, everyone, let's go, Thanks for listening to the show, and we will see you all in a week. Yeah, yeah, don't forget. Our mugs are on sale for the month of Mug member. Yeah, get your ordered in. Go get a new mug. Out to you our teal ear a mug. It's fucking gorgeous. Career. It's got like a blue swish. Yeah, it's very nice. It's available now, go buy one.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't believe how much fretting we did over the Swish. Truly, the Teal Swish with a lot of back and forth.
Speaker 4: I've never seen so many draft Swishes in my life. We're like Swish v eight, we all approving Swish v nine. We all approved Swish v.
Speaker 3: Nine Underscore Final, Underscore Final in all cap take two.
Speaker 4: It's like Jesus, confuse, Go buy a mug. We'll see you in a week. Guys, Capture an Idiot, Love your Bait?
Speaker 1: Is It just Me?
Speaker 4: Podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've had to follow on your podcast.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a t D brief. This is our segment on the end. We're not done. Just when you think we are, we keep talking.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 4: Fooled you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, either a to or be actually read Britney Spears's book.
Speaker 6: No, but I really want to.
Speaker 4: I have no interest. Really, what's written in all emojis or something, isn't it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't think i'd have any interests, but I thought i'll the day it came out, I was like, yeah, listen, I'll give it it well so that when people are talking about it, I can talk about it too.
Speaker 5: I've got a bit swept up in it.
Speaker 4: And Michelle Williams is the one narrating it. Yeah, from Destiny's Child.
Speaker 6: No, No, No actress who's blonde, Michelle Williams.
Speaker 5: You know if you saw her? Faith I reckon because I googled her and I was like, oh, I.
Speaker 4: Genuinely thought it was Michelle from Destiny's Child.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But I'm kind of glad that they did get someone else to read the audio book because have you heard just the first bit that Britney reads?
Speaker 5: Yes, she reads the first bit and it's all off.
Speaker 4: Really have you not heard it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, I'll bring it up on my foot.
Speaker 4: We played it on the on the radio shows. It's a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, Jenna hasn't heard it, so I'm going to play it again. You're just gonna have to suffer through it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it was just for content. I'm not. I just I think she's been the ringer. I fell for her.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite thing. Like there's maybe three tracks that Britney reads. The first one is five seconds long. This it's called dedication for my.
Speaker 12: Boys, who are the loves of my life.
Speaker 4: That's it. Wow, I should have been paid shit.
Speaker 3: And then she did love my life life. She did the author's note and I'll go the prologue. Actually she read like the first chapter essentially, and just the pacing was all off. I was like, I don't think I could listen to that for the whole book Love the Cow, But I couldn't listen if she was reading the whole thing prologue.
Speaker 12: As a little girl, I walked for hours alone in the silent woods behind my house in Louisiana, singing songs. Being outside gave me a sense of a liveness and danger. When I was growing up, my mother and father of constantly it was an alcoholic. I was usually scared in my home. Outside wasn't necessarily heaven either.
Speaker 4: Oh stop sounds like an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashi And they've spliced her inflections together.
Speaker 6: And also the vocal fry is a lot.
Speaker 3: Apparently someone went to her home to record just that bit, like she was just recording at home. I'm like, would it have killed them to turn the fucking sunbeam fan?
Speaker 11: Like hear?
Speaker 4: Was that from home?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But then obviously Michelle Williams did the act.
Speaker 3: Is it Michelle william Yeah, Yes, we did the whole thing, the rest of it, And I was like, okay, actually, thank god because she had a good voice.
Speaker 4: Definitely, is she allowed out of the house?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She made it out like at the moment, she's just trying to get her shit back together because of everything she's been through. It wasn't even the conservativeship that was the worst of it. It was when they threw her in rehab for a bit. That's what sucked her up more than anything. She was a lithium without when was she in when she canceled her Vegas residency at short notice because she was being made to a second one and she was like, come on, guys, I just fucking wrapped the first one. Yeah, I don't want to do another one straight away. And so because she disobeyed her far that they chucked in rehab and that's when she came out all loopy. She was like fine ish before that.
Speaker 4: So the lithium fuctor, what's lithium? I don't even know, but yeah, it's what. It's what it's in all those double A chatter but double batteries. Let me google it.
Speaker 5: Actually I should begin general to do that, but it's fine. I'm already halfway the season.
Speaker 4: His fingers are already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lithium battery is the first thing that comes up. Lithium medication, how it works and side effects. Stabilizing medicine used to treat certain mental illnesses, such as bipolar disorder.
Speaker 3: Short term effects can include nausea and diarrhea, muscle weakness, or a dazed feeling. A long term side of it, can we wait game blah blah blah. Basically, it's it's heavy duty shit and it can cause mania, feeling highly excited, over active, or distracted.
Speaker 4: The poor thing. Yeah, because she was on TV, remember, like before that, she was hosting like America's Next.
Speaker 3: Oh no, she did X Factor and she said in the book that she fucking hated that. Oh really, yeah, she was like, I nailed it, but I hated it.
Speaker 4: I feel for how old is she?
Speaker 5: I'll google it again?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Also, I think lithium is a great word for you to say with your lisp.
Speaker 5: Lithium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, it just sounds like I'm trying to say lissium correct. How old is Britney spears?
Speaker 4: I'm going to twenty three? You said forty. You could have been like I was gonna say one, but I didn't want to be annoying. I actually was thinking forty three far out. Well, I don't like, I don't want to read it.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't listen to it.
Speaker 5: It's good and to be honest, it's like it's not a tricky read.
Speaker 3: She's very concise and like cuts through all the bullshit and just tells you the good stuff in a concise way.
Speaker 4: Oh, the whole Britney situation is so sad.
Speaker 3: It is anyway, what about nineteen eighty nine Taylor's version just catching up on all the fucking pop culture that happened in our week off It.
Speaker 4: Does nothing for me. Yeah, I just I just enjoy more adult music. Sorry, you've got a real attitude on you today. I just wanted to piss off the Swifties. No, I just Taylor Swifts. I'm going to sing a song and you're gonna believe it. Tailor song, right. I think the fire bush wrung really warm and bread. That's a tail Stiff song. The City Lights captured my heart. I said, no, it's a fart.
Speaker 3: That's taylorstof TikTok making fun of Taylor Swift's lyrics. It was like invisible nee on coffee mug high, invisible neon coffee mug high.
Speaker 4: She would fucking it's so bad. She threw the words on a cold summer's day. Hey me, it is my time to shine. Here.
Speaker 3: You are slagging off Taylor Stiff, But if they offered you an interview, you'd be sucking right up hers so quick.
Speaker 4: God wouldn't prepare one question, but I would completely do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I didn't like Taylor's version of nineteen eighty nine We Get Back on Track. You didn't like I thought the I thought Scooter's version was better.
Speaker 5: It just sounded like it's really auto tuned and fucking yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: Let me see if we've got the two here, here we go. So this is a comparison original original.
Speaker 7: Version.
Speaker 5: Now she said that she's got a gun to her head.
Speaker 11: Click.
Speaker 4: So like, do you have to stream a Taylor's version if you want to be ethical?
Speaker 5: I guess so yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The idea is that fans can morally listen to music knowing that they're not supporting that dope scooter brawls.
Speaker 4: Look what you made Me do? Taylor's version is leaked.
Speaker 5: Bullshit. It's been out for a one month, that video, and it's only got eight k views.
Speaker 4: Extended and everyone's commenting this is exciting. I'm obsessed with this. Skip to one thirty five says God is above all of us?
Speaker 11: What made me do?
Speaker 4: What you made me do?
Speaker 5: Taylor's version of that st I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Look what you mean, Matthew Matthew Perry died.
Speaker 5: Oh how bad was that? Because Oscar had literally been in this studio and said, can friends just die?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I did say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh that's not good. No, that was very sad, do you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm ashamed to admit this. But after we did that jingle thing where Oscar did the Friends Things song. It was in my head and we were saying, friends isn't very us, is it? It's too straight culture.
Speaker 4: I started rewatching friends. Oh no, they died.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 5: It was like fresh of mind.
Speaker 3: And also when I was rewatching Friends, I'd started making a list of all the jokes that haven't aged well, like all the anti queer jokes that have been made, and I was going to do a segment on that doesn't seem right now.
Speaker 4: No, although to be fair, Chandler didn't deliver a.
Speaker 5: Lot of those lines.
Speaker 4: No true, who was it? Okay?
Speaker 5: Why don't you guess who had the most problematic line? A?
Speaker 4: No, I reckon Rachel.
Speaker 6: Phoebe, No.
Speaker 5: Cross, Monica and Ross the Gallows.
Speaker 6: There was a few from them, and also the whole fat shaming.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and they were transphobic because fuck yeah, yeah, discuss, but we won't flag them off. Yeah, let's let's not the dead dead dead. So yeah, any updates in your life, Mitchell, Not that I can think of. No, I told you all the good news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you weren't as excited as I thought you'd been when I told you that I've been reunited with Franco the hairdresser that I was very excited.
Speaker 11: I was it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. I'm excited. I'm the come down after the tour. It's a couple of days after I still haven't had a good eight hours of sleep. I need I need a weekend of respite, you know what I mean? Yeah, I get it, just to fully recover be myself again. I feel like I'm being bottomized him. Eleven flights in a month too many? Yeah, and one bus? I get How was the absolutely shocking? It on a bus? It was a van. I was sold on a bus with a toilet and microwave.
Speaker 6: But it was a van with toilet, no toilet, so just the minivan.
Speaker 4: It was a minivan with picturing a Greyhound.
Speaker 11: As was I.
Speaker 4: It was a It was a Herd's higher car with eight seeds.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not too bad. That sounds kind of fun.
Speaker 4: Road trip. Well, the first half hour was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also that boring drive to Canberra, Oh my god, how long does it? For three and a half hours.
Speaker 3: It's literally like the maps in my car. If I'm getting directions to Cambra, it'll say turn right onto the hum Highway and then in four hundred kilometers you've reached your destination.
Speaker 4: It's boring. It is on the one road the whole time. Cambra is beautiful though for the idiots that live in and around Questa. Con Canbra's weird though, Like it's kind of grim like Billy Griffith Griffin Griffin. Do I say Griffith Griffin like the dragon thing? Yeah, that is Griffin, Peter and Low with Griffith, I get that confused, like Burly Griffin.
Speaker 5: What we're going to say? Like, I think it's pretty.
Speaker 4: What's what's awful about the lake? I think Cambri is pretty. I like the architecture and everything's a round it, you know, all the streets around. It's a metaphor for how like public servants and politics, like it just goes around. It's serving you're making.
Speaker 5: Matter or if you're recalled, if failing you a little bit.
Speaker 4: Because I don't think some one told me something about the curves. There's no there's no turns in Canberra. It's all round. I'm gonna get the map up.
Speaker 5: And once once you're on a road, you're just stuck there. There's no turns, a spiral.
Speaker 4: Red tape, nothing, can ever get done because we just go around around in circles.
Speaker 3: I remember the fun fact that they told us on the cambrick'scursion that see the circle around Parliament House.
Speaker 5: Yes, all of those streets in red.
Speaker 3: They are like Sydney Street, Melbourne Street, Brisbane Street, Perth Street, and they're all the ones that are pointing in the direction of that town.
Speaker 4: This is cool. I'm pulling it up. Oh yeah, so you look circle, circle, circle, So I'm seeing a whole lot of not circle. I don't know what. Well it's not.
Speaker 5: There are no turns in Canberra.
Speaker 4: It's all round.
Speaker 6: Quite a lot of turns.
Speaker 4: Look, there's just a lot of it. Look round round, round, right, round, right right, No, we should look circle circle, circle, circle. Yeah, from what year is this circle circle, Jenna, it's current, it's from its not eighteen oh seven. Did you go to questicon absolutely not.
Speaker 5: No, it was a working holiday, a gena not letter.
Speaker 4: I was there for there. We drove in at three pm, We had a show that night and I was flying out at six am the next day. Yeah, you still had time what for a quick ten minute earthquake room?
Speaker 6: That's cool, but it was very triuggering because it happened. I went there two years after my earthquakes.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Jenna, Well then you would have been equipped to compare is this what an earthquakes really like? Or is it just a room that kind of shakes?
Speaker 4: It was just a room that short, sure, yeah, and where in actual fact, the earthquake was not a room that shore. What was the earthquake?
Speaker 6: It was a horrific experience.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about it the other day, and you know how we did Jenner's fable, the horrific stories that she's been through. I'm like, fuck, I could easily whip up a fable too, because, like I tell stories on the fly on the podcast, but there's some fucked up things that have happened that I've got some cooked stories, but I never tell them because then it's very rare that they'd be relevant.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: Well, I have fables too. What if we all tell a fable?
Speaker 5: It has to be really fucked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got one. I've gone about my guinea pig patch being taken by No you've told.
Speaker 6: That a few times and I don't want to hear animal abuse.
Speaker 5: Think I did an impression of it at the time.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 4: Ah off into the distance, He goes, that was brilliant. You do a great guinea bit interesting? All right, Well weip up a fable.
Speaker 5: It has to be something fucked though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got so many. I've got one about the origins of the MATURI name my uncle shot his wife in the head and had renamed jury. Yeah, yeah, I've had worse, great great great great great uncle.
Speaker 5: You I'm talking about, like something that happened to you.
Speaker 4: I was there. I've never spoken about it. Handed into the gun.
Speaker 5: We hope this podcast make better today.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 5: So we we bloody fucking will do.
Speaker 4: That's not follow you. I thought I could have done better, but I was okay with it. But we were all right. I thought I thought you were great, Jenny, you were terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's the character.
Speaker 4: She forgot her lines.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not like she has an excuse because she didn't have to remember them and then were written in front of it.
Speaker 5: She didn't say it.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, so we do. It's been said, So we do. Ye see you in a week all one day, not even a week, a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, we will all just never forget to buy your mugs girls, Although I shouldn't keep hammering that. You've got to the end of mug Bember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plenty of time started mug Member September, Broctome Mgvember de TN.
Speaker 5: What could we do in December?
Speaker 4: Deal demb the cemetery? Would you show from a cemetery?
Speaker 6: Let's do that.
Speaker 4: There's no months that really have a catchy pun when it comes to rash best. It wasn't March rash Rush January, February West rash rash. No, No, let's go. We guys were trying for more. We're trying to get something and there's nothing happened.
Speaker 6: Rush Lie.
Speaker 4: Rashoon for June Rashi not even a month? Okay, oh my god. August could work? Mark August, Well, we're not waiting until we just say, why don't we just call it August and say it's more like we're backdating it byme? Now, what else is there? Cup member? Mug member works.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a pretty shock and pun when we landed on that, but now we're back, now that I've explored the options, how do you fucking beat that?
Speaker 5: Mug Member can't beat it?
Speaker 4: You've done very well.
Speaker 5: You've done yeah, so you got to the end of mug member to get your orders in girls.
Speaker 4: Thank you for listening everyone. We'll see you on Monday. Love your Bye.
Speaker 1: Is It Just Me podcast by a couple of Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast suff