Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Me and here have already said. We love spring, we love September.
Speaker 2: Starts to get warm, the sun out all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you know, all the animals are making babies. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Gunker Podcast. Is your host, Georgie Stevenson, a lawyer turned entrepreneur, business owner, new mum, all the things, guys.
Speaker 2: Georgie's hogo I dia.
Speaker 1: Oh she's a bit dusty, No, guys, So I'm recording this on the Monday. You guys will hear it on the Tuesday if you listen in real time. And on Sunday we had the wedding of Court and Luke, who are both work at NHS caught is our wholesale manager, and then Luke works in the warehouse and they got married. It was such a beautiful wedding and tear it looks amazing and I just like kept not full crying, but you know when your eyes start water, yeah, water, you can't stop them. Yeah, and you were just like, fuck, my makeup's gonna be looking really really bad. But there was just so many beautiful moments when they did their bowels, her mom's speech and then like her speech and her dad's speech, it was just so sweet her moms wait sorry, her speech. She was talking about her relationship with her mum and how they're best friends.
Speaker 2: Ah, and I got so beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's so emotional because I was like, I hope Amy says that about makes it about myself, but I think just when you have a daughter, you I don't know.
Speaker 2: It gets to your moll Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just I was a bit of a sook. But it was so beautiful. We had lots of fun. We literally dance a whole night. It was that's so good. It was good because dinner was quite early, so it was like five pm.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: You know I usually have to wait till like six or seven foot and you're hungry. Ye, no, they had it straight away. I was like, amazing, and then we just dance and I away and it finished a tenth Oh I love that. Love that. So I was in bed by eleven, had a Maca's cheeseburger, had some water, had some panat off. So I don't feel like physically ill. I just feel like a bit foggy. Oh yeah, So apologies if I just sound a bit dumb. But a tea voiced me this morning and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, you coming in.
Speaker 1: I've got to record to most podcasts, and I'm like, yes, I will be there because so today I'm going to give you a little life update chat about moving into my.
Speaker 2: New house, which looks incredible.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. And then also we're getting into an episode of Spring Cleaning Spring Cleaning Our Lives, which is very timely because it.
Speaker 2: Is September in two days.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Thursday. I cannot believe it's September. September is my favorite month mine too, really yeah, the spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh what day is your birthday? Let me put on my calendar the nineteen all right, let me just put that in before Ika. Oh my god, you and Jamie are both born in September.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's like the most common month to be born in though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my best friend and actually I think four my friends are in September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because it's nine months after Christmas and news.
Speaker 1: Oh sick. All right, guys, So life updates. If you have me on the Gram, you would know I moved house.
Speaker 2: And it's beautiful. I can't get over it.
Speaker 1: I've got to show you more of the video, yes, after the episode, but I did a little snippet. It's like, well I've I've told you guys on the potty. It's like a sanctuary. It's the ultimate cross of we have ocean views, you know, me being close to the ocean. That was a really big thing. Yeah, and then we are right next door a nature reserves, so like no one can field there, and it's so beautiful. There's just animals in there and oh my god, a tea. It was raining this morning and just looking out into like the forest or bush, whatever we want to call it, nature was just so peaceful.
Speaker 2: I was I can imagine.
Speaker 1: Oh and I already feel so at home. Oh that's so good. Yeah, I guess you know, I did say when we moved, so when we saw the house, I was like, this is my house, and I still have that feelings. But we have moved.
Speaker 2: Have you completely finished moving? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, so there's We've done our room, We've done Ivy's room, the kitchen, living, but there's like boxes in the guest room and my office. But like, I'm just gonna leave that till we get furniture because it's like, okay, you can't come back with that exactly. And I've kind of just like put it in the room and closed the door so it looks fine out ofside, out of mine exactly. But we don't have a lot of furniture because we plan to airb and be our house out that we moved from, so we had to leave a lot of our furniture there. Yeah, so we had to get new furniture and you know the whole thing with COVID and furniture and stuff, so slowly getting that. We do have a dining table and a couch and an outside area and we have our bed and all Ivy's room came with us, so we're fine.
Speaker 2: That's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And then also I just I don't feel in a rush with this house to like do anything or like fill the rooms. We now, I just want to like, yeah, settle in and then yeah exactly, because I do have plans. I want to do like a couple of things to house, renovate the kitchen and just like a couple of rooms too. It's not that it's bad, but it's just not my style.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a kind of like it. You can tell a male has designed this house because there's a lot of dark features and wood. I'm like, oh, let's paint that white. But in all why paint it all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, So yeah, we've got some exciting stuff, so I'll obviously show you guys as I do it, but for now I just want to get in there and feel settled and like get to know a new area and close to yours. Basically no Ivy's room. So the how like we live on a hill. So when I say the levels, don't freak out. But the house is six levels, Oh whoa, that's a lot of but because it's it's literally like on a very steep hill, so it has to be to get the rooms and stuff, if that makes sense. So it's goes out. The master is the top level, and then the second level under that is kitchen, living, dining, and then she's the level under that.
Speaker 2: Oh so there's like two Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a level in between us. But we can hear her cry. Oh so you're fine. We tested it.
Speaker 2: You made her cry.
Speaker 1: Well, we just like she went to sleep and then cried and we were in bed and we're like, yep, we can definitely hear it because the stairwell goes up like the whole way, so that just like echoes. Fuck, she's got a loud cry. Honestly, Oh my god, you can tell me she's my child because she's so loud. That's good though, Yeah, you love a loud we do, we do.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: That is my life update. So my life has been a bit of a shit show in regards to like feeling you know, like we just came off that me doing a hoot girl reset and feeling so good and so like I've got all these new habits and I had the move week and I just went.
Speaker 2: To shit and you went off social media as well. How is that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about that feels like so long ago, so I kind of yeah, I made the plan in regards to you know, paid posts and different stuff on my social media to have that week free because of the move. And then on the Monday, Ivy girl was so unwell, so we thought she had chicken pox, but now we're thinking she didn't. The doctor was like, oh, it could be, I don't know, wasn't very but really that does No, there's not. They just like look and guess all. The doctor's like if because she had spots everywhere, Oh, okay, and but she's like, this could just be a rash. But if it scabs up, it's chickens.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: But if it doesn't, it's just like a rash. And it kind of scabbed up, it kind of didn't, so I don't know. Basically what happened is Monday she had full temperatures and just was like very silky and miserable, not well. And then on the Wednesday the spots came out. But then I spoke to someone and they said sometimes they can just have a random virus and the spots are actually the body expelling the virus.
Speaker 2: Sort of like when people get hives when they're si K.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, so Ivy wasn't well, so I was just like, I need to not have any distractions, and I always My best friend did a week off social media and she has a social media business, and she just said it was such a good resett for her like body and mind, because she's like, I just realized I waste so much time on there. And I do it too where I'm like, oh, this is my work, but it's like, really, you're just scrolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you mean. I get it on TikTok. I'm like, I need to find a good real.
Speaker 1: This is for the podcast, yes, just looking at random tiktoks. No, And I just realized I waste so much time on there, and even sometimes like I'll go into my dms and like, oh, I'm going to spend half an hour like getting back to you know, my community and dming people, and then it's like I'm just not wasting time. But I'm like I don't do it properly or I like go in and out of apps and it's just not productive. So I took the week off social media. It was only five days, so it was like a work week. Yeah, but I don't know, I didn't miss it.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I obviously it was a very busy. Wait, it was so I probably need to do it on a normal week, but I didn't feel the need even when I did have spare time or like you know at night when you're in bed. I didn't feel the need to scroll like I did notice because I deleted the app, so it went it wasn't in its usual spot. Yeah, so I went to like click on it. Yes, I came going to that spot.
Speaker 2: So it was like muscle memory.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's what I noticed. And I was like, wow. So even something that I'm now going to do is just put my app in a different spot.
Speaker 2: And move it around all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so if I actually have to go into social media, I have to like pull down the thing and search it. Yeah. And I think that has been helping too, because I've been on there way less. My screen time went down so much. Holy shit, I'm like, if I did this, I'm screened. So my screen time before this was like seven and a half hours fad. And then I've got my little notification. I think it's said like three or something. Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Massive.
Speaker 1: Something I noticed I did is I wouldn't go on social media, but I'd go into my emails a lot, especially times when like you know, when you're like going to the toilet, if you're doing your morning poop, and like I would just sit and scroll on Instagram and your email, so I just like go on my emails instead, which was I just then noticed I kept doing that, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, maybe try and like read a book on your phone instead or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's instead of your emails. Yeah, just reading emails, but like it's like your only.
Speaker 2: Way of staying in contact with.
Speaker 1: But it was really good. I highly recommend doing a bit of a social media detox, and it was, Yeah, it reset me and I realized I do, you know, waste a bit of time on there, And it also just made me feel really good because I'm like, oh, I could live without it, yeah, which is kind of good to know because I've been on I've been on social media for a solid know, eight years now, so it feels very dependable. Which of course, I was like, I'm not going to leave social media, but I quit. I uit no I And but in saying that, I did really miss the interaction with my community. So like there was a couple of moments I would film some videos of the move and stuff, and I kind of like missed the whole putting it up and getting people's reaction talking to people because I'm like really big of being my DMS when I can. But yeah, but it was good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Are you going to do a social media detox? I'm like, how, ye are true? Don't you have to? You're right? You can't do it?
Speaker 2: Maybe for my personal account. I used to do it every exam block in school, all throughout school, and when I first started at UNI, I would completely delete all the apps off my phone and I said to my friends, I'm like, if you need me, text me, because that's going to be the only way you can contact me. And I always found that a really good research because scrolling is such a.
Speaker 1: Big distraction to distraction, But I think.
Speaker 2: I might try that, like moving the app into a different spot, because yeah.
Speaker 1: Do that, because I think you'll even notice just the muscle memory of what I'm talking about. Yeah, and then you kind of get that, Oh do I actually need to go on social media? Am I just like being distracted? Yeah? I love that. All right, guys, let's get into Spring cleaning. So when you listen to this episode, if you are listening in real time. Spring a new month. September is just a couple of days away and so exciting. I love a new month, mean too. Accession. Me and Tea have already said we love spring. We love September starts.
Speaker 2: To get warm, the sun's out all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you know, all the animals are making babies. I always love spring. It's like really sweet.
Speaker 2: I can confidently say I've never thought about my relation to spring.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I said.
Speaker 2: I don't have to pay the animal that is really cute.
Speaker 1: And we thought we'd do an episode of a whole bunch of ways that you can spring clean your life if you kind of want to jump on board, because I don't think you should just do this in spring. I think you should do this every single month. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, I think a lot of these can be done easily every single month, or at least every season, so every three months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's so important that the more you stay on top of it, the easier it is to do. Every time you do it, the less time it takes, yes.
Speaker 1: Rather than leaving it a whole year. Yeah, And I also, like me being me, let's talk about the deeper side of this is just realizing that a new season, you can always reinvent yourself. Yes, you can always pick a new story. You can always choose to go you know what, I'm going to change something in my life or I'm going to take this step. And I think sometimes we do get in this loop of our habits or things we do that keep us in this I don't want to call it a negative loop, but it's like in the same loop. And it's just the typical you know saying of if you want something different, you have to do something different. Yes, so if you're wanting more, if you want something different, I think we need to, you know, realize that these little changes can make such a big difference. Yes, absolutely, all right, well let's get straight into it. So me and A Tier are going to tag team these. I'm going to go first. And this is obviously a very obvious one, but think about spring cleaning your space. So obviously this can be your home, your desk, your wardrobe. Physically getting rid of things or cleaning things and changing things up so they are more like you know, productive to you or high vibe for you is so important and also just like doing a clean getting rid of dirt and dust. And I if I'm in a low mood and I clean my bedroom or like fix up my closet or something like that, it completely changes things for me.
Speaker 2: Just difference.
Speaker 1: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: Even Like I get really happy after I vacuumed and I can like see the marks on the carpet.
Speaker 1: So weird. Yeah, it's just like carpet lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after you vacuumed and you know it's clean, like there's no dirt there. I actually so On the weekend, Tim and Ivy went to his cousin's house for a birthday and I was at home alone to unpack more boxes, and I vacuumed the whole house for the first time.
Speaker 1: Fuck it's a lot, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need to get one of those little robots.
Speaker 1: It just always goes. I know, yes, but yeah, it just felt so good and I just felt lighter and so productive of it. So, guys, clean your space. So maybe plan this weekend to go through your closet. I love cleaning out my closet. Do you do you do it often?
Speaker 2: I do it once every few months and I'll color cod it and see how long.
Speaker 1: It stays color coded. Yeah, like I put it in order. Oh that's yeah, you're too much from like.
Speaker 2: White to black and just all the colors in between. It's not like that right now I was.
Speaker 1: I yeah, like I enjoy that a bit crazy, but also I feel like a lot of people that would be the vibe. I actually, before the move, did a big clean out of my closet and got rid of it so much. I gave a whole heap to the work girls, and then I put a whole heap on Deep Pop too, And because also I'm I love like recycling clothes me too, don't you think it's I don't know, it's such a joy thinking I can wear something and feel really good and go to an event and feel like yeah good, and then some one else can wear it exactly. I don't know. Is that weird?
Speaker 2: No, I love it. I even like, I don't buy clothes secondhand as much as I'd like to, but even just bags and stuff secondhand. Yeah, so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably it for cleaning your space.
Speaker 2: My one is clean up your relationships. Oh yeah, okay, look at the friendship.
Speaker 1: You just see me like getting rid of to you it all?
Speaker 2: Goodbye bye. Bitch, I don't need you these three months. Look at the friendships and the relationships you currently have in your life, and are they energizing you or are they draining you? And I think that's sort of something that means a lot to me, whether my friends energize me or drain me. And obviously there's not going to be a person that energizes you every single time, but just the majority of the time, and also the amount of energy it takes from you to maintain that relationship and if it's worth that exchange or not.
Speaker 1: So what do you do if you're like, Wow, this person is not energizing me.
Speaker 2: Slow fade.
Speaker 1: It's so brutal. I love it. I do a slow fade because you never know tell us more so.
Speaker 2: I never like, I hate telling someone that I don't want to be friends with them anymore, because I think it's a bit harsh. Unless ever done that, I've had it done to me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what did they say? Like, what were the words?
Speaker 2: Oh? This was ages ago now, but they like just completely ghosted me. And then when I went to confront them about it, they were just like, I don't think you deserve an explanation. I don't want to be your friend anymore.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I never found out.
Speaker 1: You obviously did something. Why would someone respond that way?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Or you've maybe like really triggered something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have triggered something. I don't but like, obviously it just wasn't right for them and they didn't feel like explaining it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's really funny. I'm so like so brutal it was.
Speaker 2: But I am very big on like not ever shutting a relationship completely because you don't know. Everyone has ebbs and flows and maybe one day they'll change or grow, or you'll change and grow in a different way, and you'll meet once again and you'll get along. So I would never tell someone I don't want to be friends with them. I'd probably just like not text them as much, or if their message pops up, it's not a priority to reply to you kind.
Speaker 1: Of thing, Yeah, kind of make them realize they're not a priority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bit subtly, Yeah, subtly subtly, or like if they wanted to hang out, I'm not gonna make the effort to rearrange things, but if I have time in my schedule, i'd be like I'm free on this day kind of thing.
Speaker 1: For example, though, if they kind of get the vibe and they say to you, hey, I can see you being a bit distant, what's wrong? Would you actually go I'd just be like, I'm busy, So you wouldn't be honest with them.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends how how strong I'm feeling it. Like, if it's just like, oh, I'm just not really vibing at the moment, I just need some space, I'd say that. But if it's like there's something wrong with them or something they're doing that's triggered me to feel that way, then I'd just say it yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: No, that's probably how I do it. Love. Next on guys, clean up your finances. So I'm really big on being like super intimate with your finances, are you yes? And no? Tell me more.
Speaker 2: I don't like to fixate it it on it too much because sometimes I feel.
Speaker 1: Like if I get.
Speaker 2: Too fixated on dollars obsessive, I get obsessive and then I'm so concerned about every single dollar, it feels like there's not as much there and.
Speaker 1: You get into like a lack mentality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whereas if I'm not as like, I like to know when my money's going as a whole, but I'm not gonna worry. Like, if you ask me how much my gym membership is, I'll say I'm about twenty five dollars, Like I'm not gonna know it's specific nine cents for example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. I'm very similar. Actually yeah, but i'd still say that's like as long as you're intimate in regards to you know what you're spending your money on. Oh, absolutely, And I think a big thing with finances is go through your subscriptions, go through your subscriptions and being like, hey, do I need these five streaming services? I'm so bad.
Speaker 2: It was actually on the list Plane Cavan, I'm subscribing.
Speaker 1: We'll still get into that. Yeah, for example, subscriptions like are you watching all the streaming services? Can you get rid of one focus on the other. I can't remember who it was. Someone on Instagram was like what she does with streaming services is she just has like one a month and she will so clever really kind of just be like I can only watch TV from this specific one and she loves it because she like watches different stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, if I want to watch something, I need to watch it like this second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is so fair.
Speaker 1: It feels very like you have every right. It's like sacred to me. But yeah, so go through subscriptions and just have a look. You know, maybe you're spending a little bit too much money on Uber reats or or things where Uber eats is a big thing for me right now, and I'm like, I just want to cook more at home, bit like enjoy it. Like we do a hallow fresh, which is amazing because it makes us like, you know, dinner at home, but we're just so bad on the weekends. Weekends is like a free for all for us, and we do not step forward into the kitchen unless it's like opening up Uber eats. And I like said to Tim, I was like, oh, I just I want to get better at that. And you know, I had to look at her finances and be like yeah, and it's not so much about the money, but I'm like, I think that shows that like that is then a reflection of me as a person.
Speaker 2: Your priorities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm like, I want to focus on our health. I want to focus on enjoying our house and like enjoying cooking because a big this is going off on a tangent, but a big thing is I need to bring back in like hobbies into my life. And cooking used to be one of my favorite hobbies.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, I love baking and cooking, but I just like, I haven't done it in years. I used to have a cookbook, for example. Oh like an ebook. Oh that's like cool, Well I still have it, but like, you know, to the point where I b I was like such a big because I loved cooking so much and I just don't do it anymore. And I'm like, I'm trying to bring that back anyway. Go through your finances and not just on a you know, perspective of a nonrmal amount, but also energetically, does this feel good to me that I'm spending my money on this? On that? And see, you know, see if you want to change anything up.
Speaker 2: My tip for that as well is if people, if you're not someone that necessarily tracks on a spreadsheet where you spend your money, a lot of the bank apps now will just show you yes. So I think almost all of them because I switched to up bank because it did that, but now all my banks do that. Yeah, so you just have to find where in the app that they show your insights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does like a budget thing for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, and then it'll just say like food blah blah blah blah, clothes online. Yeah, yeah, quite good.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: Next tip is to clean up your schedule. I actually really love this one. One thing I would say is try and set targets on how much free time you want in a week and make sure that that's something you stick to, because my Mum's always said to me, like, you need to schedule in your free time and make sure you hold yourself to it. If you want to have self care Sunday every Sunday from four pm to six pm, don't do a Sunday dinner and hold to that.
Speaker 1: Don't do a Sunday session, don't do a Sunday set, don't go to all wedding on a Sunday. Set your limits.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you know you've canted to already in advance for this month that's going to start getting too much? Can you pull back on that or push dates and shift things to make it work for you. And also another thing I've seen a few people do is just set like a limit of how many times they let themselves go out a week, which can help with like your time and your finances kind of thing. So they allow themselves to catch ups per week with friends. One needs to be one can be a meal, but another one needs to be an activity kind of thing, or one needs to be outside a walk or outside. Yeah, so cleaning up your schedule that way.
Speaker 1: I love that. And also something that I'm trying to do when you said about the free time is because every single month, I plan my calendar a month ahead in regards to things like my partnership. So me and my partnership's manager sit down and we put in, you know, when I'm doing posts for other companies, when I want to, you know, put some content in for Naked Harvest or R and C. And I will like plan that, and then I'll also put in and you know, doing stuff on the weekend. Or something I did on the weekend is I went ahead and like booked my massages for like the next like three months because I wanted to get a massage. And my massage lady's always a bit built down. I've got to be a bit far advance. But you know, I try and get a message at least once a month, So I booked that in ahead of time, and like books that timing because I'm like, I need to prioritize that because as we all know, my love language is touched and me and my messuse have a great really but yeah, booking and free time, and also I love like I use Google Calendar and I will pop in everything from work till you know, weekend events and everything, and I color code everything, so I then look at the month as a whole because you can look at like day week, month here, yeah, and it shows me all the colors and I can kind of see, aw, it's really work heavy or it's really you know, this heavy, and I can rearrange and I'll often then call my partnerships manager and be like, hey, can we shuffle things around? Can we move this to the next month. And I can get a gist from that, And I feel like I've been really good with yeah, boundaries and prioritizing, you know, the important stuff, rather than just leaving it to that week and being like, oh fuck, I have so much on this week. I should have over committed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that. I love the color coating tip. That's so clever.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys. So the next one is clean up your tech. So physically wipe down your tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when was the last time I wipe.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of looking at my screen on my laptop and I'm like, wow, this is disgusting. So physically like wipe down your phone, your laptop. TV tears got to write down. Wipe down a horror podcast quick. Yeah, it's not gonna bit dusty, isn't it grossity? But then also go internally clean up your tech, so delete old apps again, any like subscription apps, and just go through it. And you know, you could go that step further and prioritize your apps in your phone so they're like more convenient. I know, there's like a whole way of doing it. I've seen it on Pinterest. I personally don't do that. I haven't eil my mom has done it. Oh she's done the whole Have you seen that the meme where it's like I am like she writes in the little pocket like I am productive, and then it's all her apps about like the calendar and stuff though I am social and it's all.
Speaker 2: Her social media like little affimating.
Speaker 1: It's really sweet. So clean up you know, your tech physically and then internally.
Speaker 2: And I think if you're someone like me that just takes heaps of screenshots on your computer to send too people of items, get rid of those and then it sits on your desktop. Oh yeah, Like.
Speaker 1: I do that all the time. So I literally just shadow the whole screen and just delete it.
Speaker 2: Oh I just don't even go through it. Just assume I don't know what I do. I just make a political desktop too clean and.
Speaker 1: Then just never go on fold. Well, I know like I would do that. I'll just delete it, like who guess. I always think if I need something somewhere else, or I'll get a tea to make it in camp.
Speaker 2: I love that number six. We didn't touch on it earlier, but clean up your wardrobe. One thing I do at the end of winter is like any puffy jackets I have that takes up a lot of space, I fold them up and put them at the top of my cupboard because I don't need them hanging there anymore. So I try to clean up my hanging space in that sense of get rid of the things I'm probably not going to be reaching for as often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just on that a tear. So going back to the clothes thing, somethink I do when I'm you know, throwing all recycling clothes, I think, have I worn this in the last three months? And it's like if I haven't, does it need to go into my winter cupboard because I have a whole bunch of boxes that it's like my winter wardrobe. Yeah, so let's like, do I need to put it into, you know, the summer a winter wardrobe or am I kind of holding onto something that isn't serving me or like I don't really like but I'm just keeping because I bought it or it doesn't fit. Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 2: A lot of goals and don't fit.
Speaker 1: This is the bane of my existence right now being postpartum is I'm so in between sizes in my closet. I have size eight to size twelve from obviously pregnancy and everything. And I would say at the moment, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like after COVID most people might have a pretty large size rate because I know I do. It just varies very much.
Speaker 1: And then also, you know how you have different sizes and likenk you know, different sorts of labels and stuff. So the other day I will before my move. I did that where I was like, if it doesn't fit right now, I'm like getting rid of it, and there's no way I'm keeping it to be like, oh, I might fit this in two months time when I'm you know, back to my old body POSTPARTU and I'm like, fuck that. Look if it hasn't happened in nine months, we need to do a whole episode on postpart on body. Because it's just so wild to me that my in my head, I was like, oh, by nine months time, I should be back to my like pre baking body. It's just not the case. And I also just don't think my body will ever be the same. Yeah, and like coming, well, you're a human, I know, I know, but I think it's like the weird mentally, That's what I thought, And I'm like coming to terms with it, and I just kind of wish more people just spoke about it. Put that on the list and yeah, so guys like donating obviously, and your clothes you don't wear, or if I can selling them a marketplace, yeah, or deep hop guys, I actually have a deep pop and it's linked in my bio if you if you want to buy some a daughter's clothe Yeah, okay, next one have an subscribing session. So we're already touched on financially going through you know, your paid subscriptions, but big thing is going through your email subscriptions. It's such a time way. So toya. Well, I actually.
Speaker 2: I saw this on Instagram. I haven't done it yet, and I haven't tried this website yet, so I can't confirm if it's as easy as it looked in the real But there's a website called unroll me dot com and you basically link it up to your email and it brings up all your subscriptions and you just click unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubscribe.
Speaker 1: I need this. Yeah, we're going to do this.
Speaker 2: We'll does it out and let you guys know.
Speaker 1: I actually did this thing. So with my Google calendar, I used to have it in the setting where it would organize not the Google calendar, sorry, my Gmail. Yeah, so it would organize basically the emails it thinks I want to see, So in my inbox I would only have like non spam emails at the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then what I didn't realize is like all my subscribing stuff was just going to like this other random folder that also included like other emails that were actually important but like Gmail, yeah, Gmail just thought they were. So I had now changed the setting where I get all emails, and I'm like, fuck, I'm subscribed to so many so much like so many websites that I'm like, how did they even get my email?
Speaker 2: I still have an email from when I was fourteen, and thematic yeah, I get to there is just like insane. I actually moved gmails just because it was too much and I couldn't even deal with it.
Speaker 1: So I just created a whole new Gmail.
Speaker 2: I do that too for my present.
Speaker 1: Is that you have to sometimes go back into.
Speaker 2: It because there's important stuff that So I have six emails, yeah, and they just progressively have low spam. I know.
Speaker 1: We need to get our live together, so and I think this is the big thing though, like you said, if we just do a little bit now, it won't get to the point where you have to create a whole new email. I want to lead everything on our desk, so makes you guys check out that unroll me. I'm going to check it out and I'll come back on the podcast and let you know if it's a recommendation or if it's like a spam, it gives me a virus thanks to tea. Next one, last lunky last.
Speaker 2: Tip is to create a new mood board or redo your vision board for the next few months. How do you actually want to end the year? How do you want to go into next year? Feeling? I feel like I really like September as well, because you're like three months from New Year, so you're starting to already get that like little bit of excitement.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually did this the other day, Did you redid my goals? And the title was the end of twenty twenty two? And yeah, I went through personal health business and did them all. It's just such a vibe. I love writing them. I love writing goals and just like and something I did is I wrote, like my goals and then under it the feeling. Oh so the feeling I'm trying to attract because maybe it's not those specific goals that I will achieve, but like, as long as I'm achieving the feeling.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, I think. Also what's good about that is like sitting down, having like a Sunday to yourself or some time on the weekend, sitting down and being like Yeah, what do I want to achieve by the end of the year or what's the intention? Because I think a big thing is realizing that the end of the year is so chaotic with Christmas and New Years and holidays, and it's about to get pretty hectic. So maybe use this time to get super clear on how you want to feel, and you know, big thing of like make sure you're clear on what you're prioritizing so the year doesn't just kind of like disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred And I think the other thing I normally start doing in September as well is book your appointments in yes, like your hair appointments, Yeah, book your hair appointments, book your n ail appointments, book all the book, all things, so that that's there because the end of the year, like you said, just spirals out of control, and if you don't have it booked, either they're not gonna have the time available or you're gonna move it around too much. And but it just needs to be like set, and that needs to be like your you time and your priority.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, that's actually such a great tip of like booking your beauty appointments. My my hairdresser literally messaged me the other day was like, oh, if you want a book in before Christmas, like let me know, because with like boo At the time, I was like fuck. That overwhelms me though, because I when I book stuff in advance, I feel very like what, you know, what what if I can't make it at the time.
Speaker 2: Used to be like that too, but now I'm like, I can schedule around it because it's already there.
Speaker 1: That's such a yeah.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Note, I just want to say thank you for dealing with Foggy Georgia. But she wanted to get this episode out and it feels super contradicting that we're talking about spring cleaning, and I'm like a little bit hungover, but also, you know, I want to be real with you and I you know, you've got to show up. Speaks to guys. Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I hope you enjoy these spring cleaning tips and implement them. If you do implement them, please tig us. We would love to know. Yeah, we would love to know what you guys are doing to spring clean. Also, come and join the Facebook group because I'm sure we'll have some chats about what we're spring cleaning in there.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: And also before we go, I just want to give a shout out to my RNC project gals because it is officially the last week the project. Yeah, I know, we're on week seven. Week seven is actually one of my favorite weeks because we're talking about like kind of advance manifesting and very just like fun principles. Yeah, so I just want to say a big congratulations to you guys if you're finishing the project. Also, if you're doing the project and you're not at week seven, do not stress. You have lifetime access. Get to it, you know, when feels good for you, and realize that if for some reason you can't complete the course or it's just not the right time, like that's okay, listen to your intuition. I had a beautiful girl message me who said she bought the project literally I think round two, and didn't get into it. She said, I started week one and then you know, some family stuff happened, and then she recently just finished it and she's like it came back to me at the perfect time and she's finding love that so high vibe and so good. So all of all I wanted to say is, do not stress. Or feel like a failure or anything like that. If you like, haven't got to week seven because it's not what it's about. Trust me when they say it will be perfect for you at the perfect time, and that's okay if it's not right.
Speaker 2: Now, but I love that.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much, guys, I'll chat to you in our next episode. Bye. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform that you listened to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.