Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The Headlines as we head into day four raising much needed funds for an amazing charity here in Melbourne, Backpacks of It Kids one hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: His shoesh Rio.
Speaker 2: How many kids are going to get backpacks at the moment. We still got all today and Friday as well.
Speaker 5: At the moment, one three hundred and seventy four children.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: Who weren't going to be getting these packs on Monday when we started doing this. So we've got lots of thanks that we get through in the next five minutes. But it's been a it is a grim news week this week. There are really sad news stories around, but there is still so much goodness in the world. And thank you so much to all the generous Big hundred listeners who donated five dollars ten dollars. There's been a huge sixty thousand dollars anonymous one overnight which I'll tell you about later, which is amazing. It all adds up to where we are right now.
Speaker 5: How many kids one, three hundred and seventy four.
Speaker 2: And whether you're giving ten or one hundred or two hundred or whatever, it all adds up to that. And we've still got today. We have an idea during today's show. I guess it's the kind of counterpart to the ten dollar hour yesterday. Yes, we are, and I'm speaking to you right now. The prince and princesses are port seats. Okay, we have a way that you can get involved today. But before that, Patsy, please tell everyone this morning, what do you put the disrusher?
Speaker 3: Ah, gross, my teenager out last night put my hair brush in there. But there's a good reason why. No, there is a good reason why.
Speaker 1: All the knits all over your cups and plates. Yes, thank you very No, no, no, you're known as a knit nana. Oh you are awful. There's knits in there. And just like grease, hair blocking hair gearing up right heart it.
Speaker 5: You can't can never fully dehair, not possible.
Speaker 6: Lustrous locks just slip out.
Speaker 2: Like it sponge, silk or matted. It's going to be in that blocking up the dishwasher. You'll have to get in the guts of it and do that. You know, that's strange thing you've got to get.
Speaker 5: Out, Yes, the little impeller.
Speaker 1: Yeah there, No, it'll be fine. No.
Speaker 3: I spilt something I don't know what in my handbag yesterday and when I went to pick it up, gin or.
Speaker 2: Rum that moonshine and keep. You always have a little bit of chloroform, don't you? For some of the victims as well, before you get thrown the back of the.
Speaker 1: Boot on my word, it's a mixed sometimes, isn't it? Rum chlorofor It was sticky and.
Speaker 6: I thought, you know what, I can't even be bothered washing that, and I just chucked it in the dishwa No, insane, it's everything goes in the dishwash.
Speaker 1: No, it's like putting your shoes in.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing, shoes in there's no to the top one to bottle.
Speaker 6: I have put thongs in there.
Speaker 1: That's it. If I ever come on yours, I'm bringing my own cutlery. You might find yourself in the that's that chloroforms for Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 2: This week, we're asking you to donate whatever you can When there's ten dollars, five dollars. It all adds up, and at the moment as we begin day four, over one hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars has been donated by you guys, which is incredible. Thank you so much on behalf of the charity, which is called Backpacks for vic Kids. And if you don't know anything about Backpacks for vict Kids, you can still get involved in the next couple of days and whenever you want to donate. They are a very small charity and they're having a tough time at the moment because of the huge rise in the cost of living.
Speaker 1: Very understandably, people.
Speaker 2: Aren't able to donate to charities like they used to in the last couple of years, so they really need to raise as much money as possible. They aim to provide children who are taken out of a dangerous home environment give them a backpack of a few basic essential items like a banket, coloring pens and pencils, a toothbrush. Stuff that we might take for granted, but it means it means everything to the kids who don't have anything. Each backpack costs one hundred dollars, which is why one hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars for us. Actually, what that means is Rio, how many kids getting backpacks now?
Speaker 5: It's one three hundred and seventy five kids.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Still can donate today and tomorrow head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot AU.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much to.
Speaker 2: Mercedes Ben's Berick who give her away one thousand dollars a week for our call of the week.
Speaker 1: They've been listening this week.
Speaker 2: They're going to give that one thousand dollars two backpacks of it kids as well. This is a lovely email from aeron Christian. It's all saying thank you very much for support of backpacks for kids. As the foster care, we see the impact these cases and these backs have on the kids entering care. Sometimes they're leaving such sad scenes and unable to get a single belonging. You cannot underestimate the impact it hasing the kids who who are entering the system and scared to get this. It lights them up. Please tell everyone to keep up the great work that is from erin Rio. We've got some thank you from outside Australia from our lovely podcasters who listened to the show all around the world.
Speaker 8: Yes, incredible donations from around the world. We've got Daniel who's a podcast listener from the UK. He says, I've donated before and I'm more than happy to try and help Chanks for all your hard work.
Speaker 5: Is that a British thing.
Speaker 2: No, it's a story that happened to me about thirteen years ago where I meant to say cheers and thanks to somebody, and unfortunately what came out was it work that doesn't exist. But I just went Chanks and the guy actually said sorry what and I went, don't won, I'll just go.
Speaker 1: I never went back to that. I never went back to their sovo ever again. After that whole Changs.
Speaker 2: I reckon father that it is at least thirteen or fourteen years ago. I think one of my kids was under ten. You know they've now left home.
Speaker 7: I know the.
Speaker 4: Horror.
Speaker 1: It's all coming back to me, the Chanks moment, cheers.
Speaker 2: And thanks Chanks. Sorry what I just yet going. I'll leave it that fact. I'll leave the country eventually because of this whole Chanks thing.
Speaker 5: You're trying to do a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pertually, maybe we will try. I'll try and own it. Use that word today. Just it's just going to spread confusion though, because we would go.
Speaker 2: Hey, well in Australia we love to shorten thing long country over them. This might be, this might be the vibe for chanks. Let's start a movement today, the chanks movement. It's a new planking chanking.
Speaker 1: Trying to good chanks chanks. Someone today change their life.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Catherine.
Speaker 1: It's sad that that's the only thing they remember about me, you know, twenty years of breakfast radio. They just remember the chanks moment. I'm sure he did. Lots of mothers. They don't put that in there. The Rear legacy who actually got so dumb.
Speaker 8: Now I'm gonna say it thanks to Catherine who said, also Efan on hitting your target this week, Christian, I hope this donation can make a little ones day a little brighter all the way from.
Speaker 1: Canada, oh wow, and it really will.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and a huge thanks from Walt.
Speaker 8: Here's ten dollars from the USA, which is probably worth twenty Yes, I listen here in Virginia while working every day. And also thank you from Marcel and Franzian. Greetings from the Netherlands. Love you Nedlands.
Speaker 1: Come on in the Low Countries.
Speaker 5: Thank you Mussel and Franzian or as you're saying the Netherlands.
Speaker 1: Bednked absolutely and as we say here Chanks Patsy, you've got some thanks.
Speaker 3: Then a lovely note from Ursula in honor of my mum and dad who lived by the motto kindness matters.
Speaker 6: Isn't that lovely?
Speaker 3: Also Karen, Janine, Simone Ross and Anna this.
Speaker 1: Morning, thank you everyone. Alexhuv you got their most.
Speaker 7: Dacy Thank you, She says, I listen to you every day, Christian, and you inspired me to help the world. There you go, Robert Ella Jack kath Eva says, here's something to help those kids and need. Keep up your amazing work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, head to if you want to donate, head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au Chanks.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: This time, yes, and on the show, I was just full of the joy, the joy that Taylor Swift is engaged.
Speaker 1: Love Taylorswift.
Speaker 2: My daughters Ruby and Lewis eighteen and twenty one, really loved Taylor Swift. We all went to see her when she came to the mcg on the tour. It was an incredible show. And I messaged them both yesterday morning, so the first message the would see on the phone was from their dad, also excited about their girl.
Speaker 1: Taylor. That photo in the garden you've seen that photos want to be in that.
Speaker 6: I've seen the photo.
Speaker 2: Seeing the ring, I got a mess of someone who's got so much money. It's not you know you see some rings where you're like, that's disgusting. Yes, but they've got so much money. It's the status thing, all right.
Speaker 1: Rowder, that's insane.
Speaker 2: You see that thing from an international space station. It must be like eight kilos. She can just never moved that match it.
Speaker 1: Way more than she is.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Taylor's what I thought was demure, demere. That's a great word there, restrained.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I rang my eighteen year old daughter yesterday afternoon to sort of thought, it's a bit a good way should chat to me about.
Speaker 1: This, because often it's like, what do you want? What do you want? I'm in the middle of studies, what do you want? And I'm like, great news, my Taylor Swift. Everyone's happy, even Donald Trump. Even Donald Trump had.
Speaker 2: Nothing, not a mean take on it. I've never actually heard him not have a mean take in something like.
Speaker 1: A Miller breaks.
Speaker 2: Paddington was tweeting about it yesterday. Yes I do follow Paddington. Shrek did him a post as well. Oh the biggest Trump Shrek Paddington, Liam Gallagher, Liam mcgarric, same biblical everyone is moved by. So I called my daughter and then I'm afraid she actually hung up within two minutes because I just said.
Speaker 1: I just said two things.
Speaker 2: One I want I tell you it will be interesting though, It is that obviously he'll have to sign a very big prenup.
Speaker 1: Now he's obviously got big money.
Speaker 2: But there's American football big money, and then there's Taylor Swift money and so obviously they're never going to break up.
Speaker 1: But but but her dad is a big heavyweight lawyer. There's going to be a prenup. Do you not think.
Speaker 2: Break up one of three marriagers And hopefully they don't, but surely there's got to be a big old prenup. They can't walk out that were like what six seven hundred millions? It's a billionaire, rightly so. And then the other thing is, if I'm her management team, this is disastrous.
Speaker 1: This is the bit where the call actually got her up.
Speaker 2: I just said, she's made millions, okay about writing about heartbreak beautify and it speaks.
Speaker 1: To her tribe.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, right, I've been married a long time. You have, Patsy, Alex, you have as well. There's no great songs in boring domestic love life about going to ald and putting the bins down. You know there's a beautiful song of hers.
Speaker 1: Look you made me do?
Speaker 2: It's you know, I've made you a stew you know, love stories, laundry story, it's dull, it's done, it's terrible news.
Speaker 1: What is she going to write about it?
Speaker 6: She will find the beauty in the audience.
Speaker 1: You can't name a great really emotional about being domestic.
Speaker 6: I told you not to leave your dirty Josh.
Speaker 1: You know the fans aren't crying at the end. It's going to tail off.
Speaker 5: It's not very related.
Speaker 2: And I merely then said, if I was her management team, here's what I'm doing right now. I'm hiring honey Traps to break it up before they even get mad.
Speaker 1: That album the biggest one she's ever done.
Speaker 5: Exactly Actually, that's what beyond happened.
Speaker 1: And then the album is called Never got to be that bridesmaid. It's very fleetwood mac, Yes, very messy.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not a bad tactic because that's what happened with Beyonce. She was in a very happy marriage with jay Z.
Speaker 1: Yep, then he went off.
Speaker 2: Yes, some other girls suddenly meet cowboy Carter exactly, the whole Revenge album exactly. Oh yes, But anyway, it was not the day yesterday to apparently have a cynical take.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying from an artistic hello you still there.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Imagine this then the most recent text message you sent having a new phone. Imagine that is the last words you say. That is now going to be your headstone. It's your tombstone mine if you come to visit my grave. Would I simply say, got any spanners? I've got w D forty. Okay, Yeah, that means it's cosplay my wife and I. I've ended to be the handyman. So I've been booked on Air Taska and I go, I've got my spanners. She goes, I've got the w D forty. But anyway, I've said too much to ready to go script ive. Got I can explain everything we are moving my daughter this weekend, and my friend Big Sean is helping us move, and we've got to dismantle a bed then reput it together again. So I haven't got any spanners, Oh right, but I have got w D fourty. Big Sean's got spanners.
Speaker 1: He can be. He's a movie he's a moveless and a and a rapper as well. So yes, so my headstone.
Speaker 2: Then the most recent text message on my phone right at the top, there is got any spanners. I've got w D forty. I'm obsessed with w D fourty. There must be six cans. It's brilliant, it's the best of I have one in the kitchen under the kitchen sink. Should it be required for spinaches? Because also very good at removing stains. It Yeah, you said sometimes it's an after shave, just a little bit behind the pulse points as I say, Yeah, that sort of manly.
Speaker 1: You know, you go in a bar greese or something. He smells off lubricant. That's right, it's soul. Loube rio. What's the the most recent message on your phone?
Speaker 8: Mine's hot off the press ten minutes ago. Happy Thursday, shnookie the dishwasher broke again. That was a classic bait and switch, and.
Speaker 1: Wow, well done. In other words, you didn't have trying to fix it this morning.
Speaker 5: I did see the red lights flashy, and I was planning.
Speaker 1: What do you got on FL one seventy five? What's the new one? F eleven?
Speaker 8: You remember?
Speaker 1: I think it's a pump blockage.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, he certainly won't be able to fix it, he said, And I was planning to unpack it bs and clean the kitchen, but I don't know how to fix it when I get home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, you know I don't know, and I know you're just saying this to.
Speaker 1: Get out of it. Alex was your most recent text message.
Speaker 7: This one came from Bonnie last night, pretty late. Stop banging stuff. I was cleaning the kitchen and I was trying to do the right thing by budding stuff away, you know, and like it really bangs up when you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those there's no way to do it quietly. Then he twin fence silent pants. So she's trying to put backs to sleep, which I failed at by the way.
Speaker 7: I was putting in the sleep. And then just as I was, I thought, and I thought he was asleep. He goes, Daddy, I've got to go to the toilet. So he gets it up, goes to the dog, slams the door. He always wants to do it himself, comes back in, and then Bonnie happens the door. Do you want me to do it?
Speaker 1: I'm like yes.
Speaker 7: So that was that, and then I went down, says and I thought, you know, I'll clean up the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I'll do what I have to do. You can't go to bed happy until that kitchen top is clean. So everything put away, you can't because it's just stress, exactly, and you look back at it and it's only ever clean for the briefest of moments, isn't he But that is what I believe is like Pete kind of enlightenment in life is when that kitchen surface is clean, you look at it and go, it's going to get trashed imminently, but right now, all's good in the world. You just want to take a fat off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember once thinking, oh, you know what, I'll empty dish washer before I could have work.
Speaker 1: I've on't ever done that once because so could you hear that it's impossible not to clank clank.
Speaker 2: I'd rather do it myself and now I put your hours and I don't do an fin radio show, big big pants.
Speaker 1: There's no way to do it. It's impossible to put pots and they're the noises.
Speaker 2: I reckon if I had to move a drum kit downstairs, that would make less noise than those pots and pans.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Ask you what is the most recent text message you said?
Speaker 2: Have a look at your phone. Imagine now that's the last word you say. That is your tombstone. That's how the world's going to remember you. Mine is simply got any spanners, I've got w D forty.
Speaker 1: Sean Barry.
Speaker 2: If we went to put some flowers on his graveside Rio, it would simply say two minutes from you?
Speaker 1: Is he two minutes from Saint Peter? We don't know. It's actually quite heaven or just two minutes away from our hearts?
Speaker 5: Yes, he's always here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love it when people let you know how close they are. I always appreciate. Oh yeah, I like the ten minute, one, five minute one, two minute one.
Speaker 1: Then I don't worry about one minute one. No, you want to love that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so big sure, if you listen right now. I wonder when you're picking me up at eight Saturday morning. I got a ten five to two and then I'll be waiting outside. Okay, this is great. This is what Hannah what's on her tombstone last text message that she said we finished early. I'm in the driveway, Christian, my husband and I actually text each other when we're sitting next to each other on the couch when we don't want the kids to hear what we're saying about. I'm just looking at my phone right now. This is from the last night. We're watching the game and one of our kids was going on with some elaborate story. He sent me a text reading our daughter is a pro bs artist. Oh those stories they spin you sometimes. Oh that is great, What a great secret text message.
Speaker 5: My parents used to speaking pig Latin to each other.
Speaker 1: They yes, you'd have no idea what they were obviously talking about. You guys.
Speaker 5: Yes, now I've picked it up so I know I'm fluent in you can code them.
Speaker 1: They're too late. Yes, at the time, you didn't know. Christian.
Speaker 2: My headstone would say, okay, all, good good night. It was from last night. I was just praying that the bomber sees and just be over. I think it was over before last night, perhatsly, what's it for you? What's the most recent text message?
Speaker 6: Might cleaner? At about three am this morning? Can you please bring it?
Speaker 1: She's cleaning that place.
Speaker 5: She's coming to write to disconnect.
Speaker 1: Well, perhaps he's got wrong one. It's called right to reconnect.
Speaker 3: She remember the dice. It is still in bits after I washed it, and the love God didn't.
Speaker 5: Talking about that Monday, so we never put it back together.
Speaker 2: And so I'm madly remember like it's her problem fix it, cleaning, fixing, assembling, engineering, so it's.
Speaker 6: Still in bits. So thanks, because she's going to bring her own.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 6: She takes me back at like six am.
Speaker 1: Pass he's last cleaner. Suddenly that she was agreeing to America.
Speaker 6: She's nice, she's just going into stage.
Speaker 2: Well we saw it the other day. She was don't say anything. Why you wearing a fake beard and glasses? She don't tell her these.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I get more messages at three a m. My car's dismantled. Put it back together.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week on Small Thing, Big Joy, we had Sarah and when you're aroundabout and there's a massive truck in the other lane. You don't need to look off. It safe to go. So you've got a big brother up there, a bouncer on the roads. Stephen had when he stopped at traffic lights and the person beside.
Speaker 1: You was singing like no one is watching Nicar.
Speaker 2: When you go to the grocery store on half the items you want all on special. Darren eating Milo straight from the tin.
Speaker 6: No toe passage.
Speaker 2: George nailing the temperature of the shower straight away.
Speaker 1: What what's that like?
Speaker 2: I'm still every time it's confusing to me. It's like during the night, the shower's reset it all. Mark coming home after the long Dame being greeted by the dog who acts like you've been gone for years.
Speaker 1: Came back. You came back.
Speaker 2: The zoomies where they chase around their tail round around. I love that for me, A small thing, big joy with us this Yesterdayvening, I'm watching a show at the moment on Netflix and tearing through it. It's where you hit that skip intro at exactly the right mind.
Speaker 5: Oh my word, not a single second intro.
Speaker 2: Will you see top left hand corner? Oh my god, the joy, And what's gonna do a lap of honor?
Speaker 1: Not today?
Speaker 2: Netflix, No, no, no, no, gotcha? And then Patsy, what's your one small thing?
Speaker 1: Big joints?
Speaker 6: Simple?
Speaker 3: At the weekend, I baked a chocolate cake and I love to lick the beaters and it's the best. And every dog we've had, I've always given them one of the beaters, and then I or Audrey will have the other.
Speaker 6: One goes in the dish.
Speaker 2: Now about you putting thongs and a hair bush in the dish. Now the dog is licking the beta, then you're giving it to the kids.
Speaker 6: No separate, she won't have the one that he's had.
Speaker 1: Easy to get mixed up, that button race.
Speaker 3: But it's funny because you just have to start up the mixed. Master and Presley will run in from the backyard because he knows the sound.
Speaker 1: My dog and cat like that.
Speaker 2: Soon as they see me go outside to turn the barbecue on, they just stand there. He's dropping something. He's dropping something here, it's fat off the burger.
Speaker 1: Or the steaks.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a wind for the master and a wind for us little feathers down here.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: You're right. I'd happily buy Why can't you just buy though beatas with like cake batter on them.
Speaker 2: I'd buy them from a shop, like a cake shop. I happily spend ten dollars to get one of those. Just sit in the car and just nibble raw cake.
Speaker 3: Would they say you shouldn't have it because it's got raw egg. I've never got sick from it, grown.
Speaker 7: Up on it.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's wont gone mad.
Speaker 1: Beam not They did it? Yes, Ria, what small thing, big joy for you.
Speaker 8: We've recently transitioned from the smaller glad rap into the almost commercial grade. Yeah, what's you're wrapping? But actually not even that much stuff, to be honest, two of you, two of us. But what this one comes with is the little zipper slider thing instead of the horrible serrated sarrated thing.
Speaker 1: Is terrifying.
Speaker 5: It's terrifying to get a proper rip on it. It's very tricky. Where is this? You just put your bowl straight under? That won't last every time?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, they always get filled up. No no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: And plus the worst thing is when you open that drawer. Is it in the bottom drawer by the way, Yes, it's always in the bottom draw glad.
Speaker 6: We put ours in the pantry to get stuck in the drawer.
Speaker 1: You know, we get stuck. So what you do is you open it. You start fumbling teeth. Who didn't put this back? You always have it face down? It's face up. Then you the hangoes in.
Speaker 6: It's worse than the knives.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's like a venus fly trap in there. I'm always saying a wife, you always have it teeth fased down.
Speaker 6: Will you only get the sliding thing on those big caterer packs? Get it on the line.
Speaker 1: Why can't we have it on the little domestic ones?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 7: Please wrap corporation. It's not a small thing, big joint for you. When the blinker matches the song on your radio, it's.
Speaker 1: Like the second collaboration collab digity.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was trying to do it this morning on the way to work with that. Don't stop me now, by queen. Someone went behind me us going what is this guy doing?
Speaker 7: I have the blinker on and I'm stopping trying to get it on the on the on my my phone, and it kind of makes It's a reassuring isn't it incompetent beat.
Speaker 1: All right, what's it for you? Small thing? Big joy? Text me O fall seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 4: But Christian O'Connell show podcast, I.
Speaker 2: Got this beautiful email yesterday evening from a young kid called Tom.
Speaker 1: It will warm your heart and we're boy. We all this week. Christian listened to the show yesterday.
Speaker 2: You were talking about the terrible shooting would occurred this week and the two police officers losing their lives, and you said if we saw a police officer, we should thank them for their service. What it was at university yesterday and I saw a police officer and I thought of what he said. I decided to go up to him and till I much. I appreciate everything that he does and sorry for lost this off. There was so moved Christian. He graatually appreciated my words. I want to say thank you for talking about on the show. It made a huge difference in mine, in the officer's life, and in that moment, thank you Tom.
Speaker 1: I can't take credit for this.
Speaker 2: This isn't I did mention it, but it was an idea from a VIC police officer called Alicia, who was sharing how tough day yesterday and for the next couple of days and beyond really for everyone who works for VIC Police. And it was her suggestion. I actually checked in on yesterday evening someone was thinking about and I got this message and I said, this is the impact of what you did, And I said, hel was yesterday. She said it was a tough day for everyone, as you can imagine. But Tom, what a lovely thing to do. And let's keep this going over the next couple of days. If you see a police officer today, thank them for their service and say you're sorry for their loss as well.
Speaker 1: Is a heartbreaking story.
Speaker 2: And just finding out more about one of the guys was a couple of days away from retirement. It just breaks your heart. But Tom, thank you very much for doing that. What an awesome young man you are. Now we're doing small thing, Big joy on the show, Christian, My small thing, big joy. When the toaster oaks the bread, just to write lightly browned all over, you don't need to put it down for a second one and then you can butter it from corner to corner. You're right top, left to bottom, right, Oh my god, you get it all covered like that. The other thing is sometimes you have to do that thing where you smack it down so the toaster pops up, so you have to jam in and implement and.
Speaker 1: You get it just right. Sometimes you gotta do it not quite quick enough and it goes back in or it doesn't fly up. Why isn't there just a special button that will just like or just raise it? Yes? Why does it always like a josh grobin? A bit of a b of this?
Speaker 2: I raise you and the toast comes, it meets my hand and were almost like high five in each other by the toaster my hand to your toasted face.
Speaker 8: Or some sort of spring system that shoots it up and cut Russell Hobbs.
Speaker 2: So you get a bed of paper out, a small thing, big joy getting into bed and find in the hot water bottle in exactly the right place. Peter Christian just listened to Rio and you found industrial glad wrap. We have one of those for glad rap alfoil and also lunch paper as well. Oh wow, yeah, slider cutter for each can be attached to the wall.
Speaker 1: A cafe using it that much. You're working in the school canteen.
Speaker 2: Picture the small thing, big joy building on Alex Collens. Just now when you blinker the can't blinker matches the car in front. This just happened Christian in the traffic this morning. And it gets even better than more cars are in a row, they can all sync up together.
Speaker 1: Christian, My small things on, David, my small thing, big joy. When you open the microwave right before it hits that zero bang to avoid the annoying beak. Thank you very much, David.
Speaker 2: All right, we've got the news and sport and then we'll update you everything that's going on this week with this amazing charity, Backpacks of VIC Kids.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So Monday morning we came on here and we said we urgently need out for this charity at the moment. Sadly, the cost of living in Australia, people aren't donating to charity as much as they have been the last couple of years for very obvious reasons.
Speaker 1: There's no judgment here whatsoever. We get it.
Speaker 2: But what it does mean is that this charity, Backpacks for VIC Kids, just haven't got the funds to make these backpacks to give to these poor kids who are taken out of a very dangerous home situation into safety and into care. They're often taken in the middle of the night. They don't have any belongings, they don't even have many clothes. Sometimes this backpack has got central items to give a child who's terrified and overwhelmed, just to show them that someone somewhere cares about them and they do matter. It costs one hundred dollars to get together these backpacks, which is why we're trying to urge you to give whatever you can, whether it's ten dollars, twenty dollars, it's all adding up too. Right now, at twenty to eight on day four, how much money have we raised with our lovely listeners.
Speaker 8: An incredible one hundred and thirty eight thousand, five hundred and ninety one dollars and thirty cents.
Speaker 1: That is incredible, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much everyone who has been donating too to make that amount that big. Now, what that actually means is how many children that weren't going to be able to help when we started this on Monday, how many will get a backpack?
Speaker 5: Now that means one three hundred and eighty five kids.
Speaker 2: I also want to say that there was a big donation yesterday. That's actually putting it mildly big, doesn't sum up sixty thousand dollars. Wow, sixty thousand dollars donation a from adiring a personal donation from a family very close to a radio show. It's a Varroki Wellness Foundation, A thousand. Thank you very much for that. Going to make a huge difference. We're now up to. Yeah, we're heading towards one hundred and forty thousand dollars raised. I really was to saying yesterday if we could buy the end of tomorrows show at ninety am, said that we've raised one hundred thousand dollars, that would be an amazing week.
Speaker 1: We're already over that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love it to be one hundred and sixty one hundred and seventy tomorrow. We will see what happens. Whatever you can give is gratefully received. Head to the Christian O'Connor show. Au Rio, you've got some thank yous to give out people who've been donating this last hour.
Speaker 8: I do thank you so much to Neil. Great work team, keep it going. Let's get to two hundred k. Cameron, Alisha, Laura, Angelie carm and Shannon Tracy, who says congratulations to Sally and a wonderful organization and also.
Speaker 1: What have you got Patsy?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Sally Rios, Sally has sent in a message to the show this morning. Sally Beard, founder of Backpacks for Kids, an amazing woman. She's written every donation and message is filling us with hope and determination. With every ten thousand dollars reach, we're adding another one hundred kids in crisis back into our operational targets. Thank you for helping us to help more kids. Remember your ten dollars means forty dollars to a child experiencing sudden relocation. And also donations this morning from Heather, Robert, Leanne, John and Linda, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeahs.
Speaker 2: Last week, every one dollar that you give they convert into four dollars of worse. So even if you're given ten dollars, it's forty dollars, it's half a backpack.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Alex who you've got over there that we owe some big thanks to Yeah Jack.
Speaker 7: Kath Eva Kim says it breaks my heart to hear so many precious children need to be removed from unsafe times. Lily River, Bowie, Gail and Stacy as well, and Margaret says, well done Golf for being an ambassador for this charity should be an annual event.
Speaker 1: You might be onder something there, Margaret. Thank you all right, head to.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show dot com dot au to take part, donate and thank you.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show, Gone Podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much to recent donations. Join the last five minutes in that song. Thank you very much, Neil, Mary, Anne, Kathy, Guy elease with love from Whalon who's ten, and Dusty who's five. Thank you very much, boys for your kind donations make a huge difference to other kids like you who needs your help.
Speaker 1: Craigan, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Krigg is Craig used to be in and then he added another less it just became Craig. I guess And that's the story there, Craig, Katrina Amy never seen it spelled like that, and kat thank you very much for your donations. Lovely message here on everything that's happening this week with the power of all these donations coming in from so many of you for backpacks of it kids. Christian, Wow, wow, wow, the power of us. Look what we can all do when people just come together. The kids really need us and we have come through for them. It's really lighting me up today. That's from Michelle. It is I've really felt that this week. Michelle was talking to my wife about it yesterday evening and it's you feel the something we don't feel enough of these days. It's community. And the biggest thing that's excited me about the show going national next year is that we make the bigger community and that means more speakers, more people to help other Australians, and also more time wastes, more stories as well, all of it everything the joy of being in a community. Yes, Michelle, lovely words. Thank you very much. Now, we did this yesterday on the show. I was asking the team and I was asking people. We did in the first hour of the show. We were asking people to tell us your life story so far in six words. We had some amazing ones. Yesterday on the show. Matthew met married Kobe. Does you mean Brian, I don't know, met married Kobe, Renovation, renovation, renovation, Megan from little things, big things grow Gabe, My life's journey has made me Heather, struggle, pain, sorrow, grandchildren, happy, proud, Ben glad, I survived, life got better, Luke crazy, beginning, baby Wisdom.
Speaker 1: He's got There is a crazy beginning.
Speaker 2: Now settled, fulfilled Hearts, Dusto, Wife Life Began, Kids Life Complete, Lauren Travel, Korean Married Kids, Forties, Botox like an advert.
Speaker 1: You could see it, can't you?
Speaker 2: The photos as you go through a timeline Travel, Crean Married Kids Fortiespotos, Glenn, I love this one. This is a This is a sl oaping for your business, from cutting school to cutting grass. That's the big Glen story. And then we have some ones that came in after the show yesterday. Joanne, Life is soup. I am a fork.
Speaker 1: Wow, We're all like that sometimes during one day.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're the spoon and it's all coming in, and sometimes it's a fork and it's all slipping through.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's in one hour. You can go from that.
Speaker 2: Joanne very good, Sophie Dutch Girl, Ossie Heart Happy Dogs, Jane challenging but hopeful, sprinkled with blessings. Veronica, Well, well that didn't go as black, Veronica, what's happened?
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 2: Annette came out when I was twenty four? Congratulations in that Shelley married more than once by mistake? Should you mean it was a mistake? You didn't just end up in the wrong room and just went ti. I said that, I said I do to what him? Oh God, no, Donna, I'm alive and living my life. Leanne Mum and Dad's happy little accident. Jennifer born to type and ride trains, not born to raise hell.
Speaker 1: Barn to type and ride trains.
Speaker 2: Nicole Dreams IVF Miracles, Swasey and Lexi. I'm guessing that Swaysy and Lexi are the miracles. Name Yeah, strong names, Swaysey and Lexi. Allison done all three police fire ambulance.
Speaker 1: Wow. Context is everything life? You could read that one way? Yeah, no, because which means vocation? We don't know and I'm not judging.
Speaker 2: Gary England, Australia, wife, children, grandchildren, retired. I love this one from Charlene that came in twenties. Disappointing, forty settled, sixties unsatisfied. Ah hey, listen, Charline go online. Find a guy have listened to some of his podcasts called Chip Conley was a very successful businessman, gave it all up and now has set up this big online thing. It's a really really great speaker, really inspiration. We set something up. It's becoming bigger and big. It's a great idea. Modern Midlife Elder Academy. M Ea, you've seen him a load of podcasts. You bought our great book last year about finding joy and meaning in the midlife. I read it and it really helped me have a different understanding of it all. Cannot recommend this work enough, Sharlie. If that's where you are right now, and there are so many friends of mine who are in the midlife and trying to work out what is this part of your life? Because everything you kind of were told to build up the life, get a family, get a partner, have a family, make a family, get a house.
Speaker 1: Suddenly that all goes and you're left with, well, what do we do now? And see what you got to do?
Speaker 2: The invitation is to recreate your life and you need help with that. So yeah, I cannot is work enough. You can find him on the podcast see if he likes you are. Chip Conley Modern Elder Academy. I think it's called Kayleie absolutely always untamed, chaos and love.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that that's.
Speaker 2: Untamed is a great word. I love that word untamed. And Elliott got tall play ball Dad. Now, thank you very much for these. If you want to keep these going have a think about it today. Your life story so far in six words. It's great reading these out. Happy you to do some more tomorrow. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com, Dodau.
Speaker 4: News on the Way the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Donations from Denise, Pauline, Jannita and Andrew as well in the last ten minutes. Thank you very much. At the Christian o'connells show dot com dot Au. Backpacks for VIC kids almost one hundred and forty one thousand right now, Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The name game, as in producer Rio and I are also Patsy and Alex. We take each other on. We're trying to guess your name. We don't know your name, which is why you're hear me. Go Caller one, two and three. Caller one, welcome.
Speaker 9: My first name as in Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Sunny Warm, the suburb Sunlight West, lollipops. Oh, Ray, that's it.
Speaker 4: Wow, But it's actually spelled r e y Ah.
Speaker 2: I've seen that before. Yeah, all right, well listen, thank you very much, Ray, but not spelled that way.
Speaker 1: Have a good day. I have a good day. Thank you, Ray. Caller too, Welcome to.
Speaker 2: The name game, as in as in sandwich, elt club, plowers, tuna, tasty, multi grain, crusty, multi grain rye white. This could take ages. I'm now in the supermarket. Anyone else going up and down the aisle? Ruby, that is one that that's one of the guesses of the year. Well done, Rubin. I was about to go with Pastromi, but of course that is no one's name, Ruben.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. You come, have a good day, call a three good morning, Welcome into the name game. Wishes m wishes best.
Speaker 2: Best good wishes wishes as in good wishes to you, ye well, Genie in the lamp, three wishes Genie, gotcha buff.
Speaker 1: The lamp in Genie appears. She said, all right, lovely, thank you, Jeanie, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Macly you call us go to line four. Good morning, line four. Oh no, you tried to tell them you.
Speaker 1: Better not be on hands free buddy, hell I loaned for blinker. It's a blinker. It's a blink in something, Caitlin, it's goin on out there. That is on rio. Oh no, no, no, no, no no, I hate it when you two bicker. Oh no, no, no no. The gays can't fall out. No, no, no, don't break the rainbow. O my work.
Speaker 3: But he's a loudspeaker, but he's a lovely young fifteen here.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh he's here. Heah, he's here. What do you want? Hello?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it sounds like you really want to take partner. Uh.
Speaker 2: They're starting new game called the Reluctant Quiz Show. It's a teenagers have been forced to call.
Speaker 1: In by mom and dad. Yeah, what you want? He wanted? It sounds like it. It sounds like the old tiger mom there. All right, then, all right, what's your what's your c my friend? What is it? My name as in ar Noah, no, Noah, yeah straight away. Shame on us if we didn't get us straight as well. Noah, thank you very much for calling in. Yeah yeah, yeah, there's no way that Noah wants a call in. All right. We are second round next back after these.
Speaker 4: Ad Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Everyone is donating for backpacks. A bit kid happened the children indeed in Melbourne. Over one hundred and forty thousand dollars raise so far since Monday show Simon six minutes ago. Thank you very much and for you budiful message as well. Sandra in New South Wales, Sandra, thank you very much your donations. Sandra set the calendar date for diary. We're coming to New South Wales on FM radio January Monday. The age or was it the nineteenth nineteenth nineteen? We just checked with the boat in calendar mainly is field when there's like we're big car events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right then fine around for the name game.
Speaker 8: Do you have a name that's a pain, a name you always need to explain. Well, we've made my name as in game.
Speaker 2: All right, find a round team, let's try and get some names. Caller one, welcome, good morning.
Speaker 1: My surname as in cooking, baking, gas, electric, kitchen, stewing, stove. You cuss role.
Speaker 2: Frier freyer Frey, fry well, fry well. All right, thank you very much for I have a lovely day. Thanks to call him you too. It's got a caller to welcome. M hm, Hello, caller too.
Speaker 1: Hello, my first name as in warm warm. Yes. Oh that's very good too, great ones today, that's very good. Caller three. Let's go get a third one on. Welcome to the name game.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, my first name as is a verb.
Speaker 1: A verb, run or an action?
Speaker 2: Run?
Speaker 1: Walk? Are you walk?
Speaker 2: Runny walkie? No, dance, moonwalk, prance, prancer, blitzen.
Speaker 1: It's a verb and active, yeah, verb or in action. There's a lot of those waving, swimming, boxing. Can we know it down?
Speaker 6: Another clue.
Speaker 1: Please, Stewart justice, vengeance, no arresting, running, run? Running is close?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: What's running? Pursuing? No apprehending, prisoning? Enforcement times? Running out? Danger again? What is your name?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 1: We were going all around that one chase. Of course you try to have us out with it close to running and a great second clue, Chase.
Speaker 2: We'll send your price. Thank you so much for doing that, Chase, have a lovely day. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: Thank you you two. Call of fork morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: My last name in biblical king.
Speaker 1: David Herod James.
Speaker 6: Oh well look at you go with.
Speaker 1: Those big big kings. See David James Herod.
Speaker 6: No rio, stop giving clues because.
Speaker 9: Line of sight, the minds Blake Solomon, Yes, fire today, m VP is Alex today for this, well done Solomon, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You call him The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Mark, Samantha, thank you, Deborah Julie, Oh, thank you very much. Head to the Christian o'connells show dot com today you to donate and thank you so much for all of us on the show and backpacks with it kids.
Speaker 1: Today, I'm a time waste Village Cinema's Gold class double pass. What's some movies go and see right now? And some friends when seeing Naked Gun said.
Speaker 2: They won't shut to be any good because obviously Leslie Nielson said, it's outstanding, relentsy, funny, so the script and leamness, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: So they were still giggling the next morning.
Speaker 2: And also got Freak a Friday, which quite a few of the team have seen, and The Fantastic four First Steps. I'm off to the cinema actually today, going to see you know that brilling British comedian writer Tim Key. Yes, yeah, it's got this amazing movie that's won a lot of awards at the Sundance Film Festival.
Speaker 1: It's called The Ballad of Wallace Islands.
Speaker 5: I've seen ads for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to see it, supporting myth the film Festival as well, not just you Rio and also another high broil thing right now National pirate day or we've got range on this show, We've got range. Do you know there's only even been one bona fidy Australian pirate. You're an a pirate, yeah, black Jack Anderson he was fired from his whaling job in w Wa, started a new career and maybe that career profile we're talking about the other day. Do you know what black Jack Anderson then not that you make a great pirate man. Yes, I'm wasting my career, but in a very Australian way. It's too lazy to be a big time pirate. Small time pirate. He was a small time pirate every.
Speaker 4: Now and again.
Speaker 2: He's not robbing Tom Hanks's big old boat. Small time pirate in Australian Southern waters.
Speaker 1: Get on this.
Speaker 2: He would raid passing boats and then sell their goods back to them. I'm sorry about this, but you know it's commerce. You want to watch back. It made me an offer, take my money, all right? So we're looking for your pirate bands. OHI division god, you know what they do with the new kids on the boat. That's right, new kids swap the deck. Oh greats gold. Ever, it's going to give it to myself, poor old Adam Levine, he's maroon pipe, real speed wagon.
Speaker 1: And what about a bit of funk. Those pirates love to get their funk on.
Speaker 2: That's right, calling the gangplank, calling the gang, calling the gangplank.
Speaker 1: Even Herd the phrase walk the gameplank, I.
Speaker 5: Thought, I just walk the plane.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what the gang plank is derivative if you want to get into a deep cut of lexicon, and that's quite right, you're forgiven, all right, Rio, what are the pirates cranking? Jeez?
Speaker 5: Burt Bacharach loved a bit of looting, didn't he did?
Speaker 7: He?
Speaker 1: Bert Buccaneer, No way the word buccaneer, I must I say, Jimmy Buccaneer.
Speaker 8: May matey Bostones, this is good. Booty and the Blowfish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Yea pirates out there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? Who you got the pillage people? All right? What have you got them? Pirate bands?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, over.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty two thousand dollars has been donated thanks to your generosity so far, Backpacks for vic Kids, helping these children who are rescued from a dangerous home situation and placed into care. This charity exists to give them a backpack. Each backpack costs about one hundred dollars in the backpack on essential items like a blanky, pens, papers, just to help that terrified and overwhelmed child now that someone somewhere cares for them. Sadly, because not many people who are donating and they just aren't able to this year, the charity are already struggling to meet the huge demand. So they need your help, our help, which is why one hundred and forty two thousand dollars and going strong store at the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au is incredible.
Speaker 1: We have some thank yous rio who do you have their mate?
Speaker 8: I've got Trish, Jen the Mackenzie, Emily, Frank and Sharon, Marina and Liz.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Alex. Who have we got to say? Thank you too? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Marina, great cause, thank you so much Marina and you Liz, She says, keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Guys, Patsy, who have you got that?
Speaker 3: I'm so inspired by all these little kids who are donating their pocket money, including Maddie. Here's my pocket money. I hope it helps a lot. It does Maddy, every single cent, also Lianne, Stephanie, Melissa, cam and Louise and Anonymous.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into today's time waste. We're looking for your pirate vans. Rio, are you ready to mark?
Speaker 1: I'm ready, Simon and are that's from Amanda? Rage against the Ie Patch bron No already, Dan, nice trying though, justin shiver My Timberlake Gold.
Speaker 2: That's very good, Glenn, well done, Lootie and the Blowfish.
Speaker 1: That's good. Better than one sloop Dog.
Speaker 2: Gold Rum d M c oh yes, Silver, Kenny Floggins Silver pluss Not you be forty, Christian, you be walk the plank Bronze David. They counting crow's nests Silver, Canon, No, Sammy, well done, Sammy, shiver me Timberland Silver.
Speaker 1: R C DC.
Speaker 2: Jack Rage against the Marines because they're stopping them, you know, Scurvy b Elton, Long John Silver, Lady Banta Hoy Silver Plank Sinatra. All right, who's the best in show? Rio, Canon, Sammy, We're back tomorrow. Thanks for donating.
Speaker 1: Keep it going.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast