Speaker 1: I was waiting for this, for this question. I was asking it, and I'm so shocked because I am like this sex villain and no one's asking a vagina question.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was funny, like I could draw everyone to Jina in that house.
Speaker 1: I think the hardest part was the omission of any actual conversation the Matt and I had, because I would have liked for me to watch those conversations back, just be sitting there.
Speaker 2: And being like, if I want to fuck you, which I happened obviously.
Speaker 1: I wanted to fuck him. Imagine a two due to the guide, And I'm like, is it wasn't friends.
Speaker 2: I don't like, I don't know, I like, I like you have.
Speaker 1: People were saying, you're fake, you're a bit, you're dumb, you're fat, you're ugly, you're you're a snake.
Speaker 2: You just you do believe it.
Speaker 1: I kind of realize that when the media movement started and my friends and I all have read, I just assumed that.
Speaker 2: Everyone's been sexually assaulted.
Speaker 1: Everyone that I know has been between groats and a pub and right, which is a horror.
Speaker 2: Will think so out loud, but I just believe every story.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to a very special episode of Outspoken, our.
Speaker 4: Under the Influence series.
Speaker 3: Today, we sat down with Abby Chatfield from The Bachelor to find out more about the twenty four year old runner up. What we discovered was a strong woman with even stronger views who's so much more in the one dimensional sex craze villain Bachelor producers portrayed her to be. While the podcast is full of fun Bachelor goss, we must warn listeners we do touch on matters relating to mental health, which could be confronting. If you are struggling, please contact Lifeline. On thirteen eleven fourteen. Thank you so much for joining us on Outspoken. Sophie and I of course were glue to this year's Bachelor, and although you are probably the breakout contested on the show, I feel like there's so much we still don't know about you.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having me. Yeah, I feel like there's a lot more.
Speaker 1: But I think with every Instagram rand people are finding out more about me.
Speaker 4: That is so true.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you do as a job, because there's a bit of confusion and so far my mind. I read that you were Will ten described you as an analyst, but then I also read that you work in sales and marketing.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So when I was on the show, I was a property analyst, so I worked in hotels, Like I worked for a real estate agency that sold hotels and bars and restaurants and stuff, and I kind of did numbers for them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because I have a degree in property economics.
Speaker 1: And then when I got off the show, I quit there and I just got a job that was literally like because my other job was kind of like that, you know, like a nine to nine rather than a nine to five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the job.
Speaker 1: That I got is a pay rise and is a literally like ninety five. Like, I don't have any extra stress, so after the show, I just need.
Speaker 2: To have like a breather.
Speaker 1: So I'm still in property, but I just kind of took a job that was much mentally easier because I just couldn't handle the stress.
Speaker 3: What's it like being on a show like The Bachelor and then I suppose everybody at work seeing I supposely making out on you know, on the show and all that kind of stuff, hearing about your personality weird?
Speaker 1: Well, not really, because the thing is I work in property, so a lot of the people that I work with are like middle aged men, So they don't watch it, think they don't care, and like they're like like they'll make jokes about like, oh, we saw you passion Passion that astro because it was bloke.
Speaker 2: But that's about it. Like people and the girls who work.
Speaker 1: In the office just kind of want gossip and they're like, do you get to keep the dresses? So that's kind of it. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: I think I'm pretty lucky in the demographic that I work with. They just kind of like, no one cares about your stupid show. Can you please just do work? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I used to work as an online content producer at a radio station in Adelaide.
Speaker 4: And Ali from you know, Bachelorette Ali.
Speaker 3: Actually used to work there, and I felt so sorry for her because all like we had older men that would work there and they'd hear little rumors that had gone on, and they'd ask at these really insensitive comments questions because I.
Speaker 4: Knew nothing about it. But it's like, oh, why.
Speaker 3: Do you know to go on there to get a bloke like you're good looking, and they're like, you don't get it, You just don't get it.
Speaker 2: I had everyone thought that I had won in the office because I was.
Speaker 1: Gone for obviously the full three months, so everyone in my life, he wasn't like my close friends or my family thought that i'd want. Some of the guys would send me just photos of Matt randomly. I would be like, here's a boyfriend. And I'd just been like crying in the bathroom about him.
Speaker 2: And I asked there and laugh and I'm like, haha, that's my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: And delving back a little bit further, can you tell us about what life was like growing up and how your childhood shake the woman that you are today.
Speaker 4: So we're going from question to question. Now were crying in the bathroom to what was your childhood? We're going deep.
Speaker 2: Here, girl. Yeah, so I grew up with the Gold Coast. I had a single mom.
Speaker 1: It was just my mum, my sister, and I And when I was born. My dad left when I was like a.
Speaker 2: Few months old.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so I grew up with the Gold Coast and we moved to Brisbane and I was like eight and then my mum met her second husband and I can't really talk about it because of there was a court case about it, and basically something's happened financially and that caused me to have three jobs in grade twelve.
Speaker 2: I was working from when I was like thirteen. Then I had three jobs.
Speaker 1: In year twelve, and I my literally my sleeping pattern was like controlled off, like no dos and then having.
Speaker 2: Rest of its. So it was like I would take a rest of it to sleep and then have a nose to wake up.
Speaker 1: Because I was working until eleven pm every night, they get like an hour bus ride home and then doing school the next day. I missed out on so many social events because I was always working to like help mom and be able to survive basically, and all my friends were private school.
Speaker 2: You know. I went to a private school.
Speaker 1: So everyone has money, and everyone goes on holidays every September holidays, and everyone's you know, going to study, and.
Speaker 2: I never got to do that.
Speaker 1: So when I got off with a Bachelor, I was sort of like, well, I've never got to do anything for me, and the only reasons why I wouldn't do it well because of financial issues or because of disappointing my job or something like leaving mum for three months. So I kind of that's kind of how that shaped me into doing the Bachelor, which is really weird, but that was my thought process at the time.
Speaker 4: So The Bachelor was almost like your schoolies.
Speaker 1: You're like, I did have the schoolies with schools is pretty horrendous, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Did you guys go to school?
Speaker 3: Well, we actually didn't go to schoolies because I was like, oh, it's a good weekend to not be with a bunch of dickheads from school.
Speaker 1: That sounds terrible, but yeah, you made you made the right decision. I got a knife throat in my head at the school, so I feel like.
Speaker 4: God, I was like, you got to tell us, how did that? How did it come to that?
Speaker 1: So I didn't really When I was in high school, I didn't really drink or like do anything naughty because I was working all the time, so I don't really had this like party vibe. But then by school is obviously everyone's having everyone's getting drunk, and I was pretty sober, and all the boys in it that we were friends with were kind of a bit naughty, and they'd kind of started to try to do drugs and stuff, I think, And so this is where every time too ping it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, schools on.
Speaker 4: The Gold Coasters. Next level.
Speaker 3: We're from Adelaide and that school is at Victor Harbor, which is like an sort of tide.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, sorry, continue.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't recommend any of it, let's be honest. But and then he, I know something. I didn't want him to do a bucket bong in our stink or something. I was like, could you not not do a bong in our stinks? And then he just threw a knife at me, and I was like, oh the lot. And then I I mean it was nowhere near me, like he was very fucked, and I was like, you know what, I'm going to sleep.
Speaker 2: I know what, guys, you can leave it. I'm a good event. So Yesculis was like a zero out of ten.
Speaker 4: It almost sounds like good training for the Bachelor Mansion. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: If you yeah, I mean, I don't know was anyone throwing knives there or was it just insults everyone was throwing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'll send it a few bucket bongs, but.
Speaker 1: I don't think that. No, there was a Bachelor mansion. God, no, can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Well we did hear there was a rather controversial what would you call at a party going on in the villa. It was a vagina viewing party that did that happen.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for this one, and I'm so shocked because I am like this sex villain and no one's asking the vagina question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the hell. So, like, obviously you go a little.
Speaker 1: Bit crazy in the house, and when you're sitting in a house with twenty other women and you're like, you end up talking about vaginas. It's a big sleepover for three months, and I think we'd all had two glasses of wine because it only allowed two glasses of wine per night when you're really yeah, so like they keep everything really under control, but that means you are massive lightweight by there, like massive light weight.
Speaker 2: So we were all just a little.
Speaker 1: Bit drunk, and I think we were just talking about vaginas and we're like, with that majority you have, like we're in luck year ten. And then we were like, you know what, let's just show each other. And like the thing is, we'd all seen each other naked before because we share showers, we share bathrooms. But I think this was like a like a ceremony, like an initiation, and because the new girls have just.
Speaker 2: Come, so I think that was like our way of bonding. But yeah, it happens. It happened.
Speaker 1: It was funny, like I could draw everyone'sagina in woll.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, because that's so true that I do feel like when you get around girls.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it does always.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but I've had conversations like that with friends. Because there was I saw this amazing docco and it was talking about how there's I think it's like ten different types of vaginas, which yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So it was what we made. We made the mind to get up like a little you know that diagramma.
Speaker 1: It's like twenty seven vaginas and I think it's gonna test Mainian Museum or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 4: There's like the Wolf.
Speaker 3: There was like some really odd ones like the Wolf, and like, I just love the names they've come up with for them, like who picks that? I feel like a man's come up with the names because they're not really amazing.
Speaker 1: No woman is sitting around categorizing vaginas.
Speaker 2: Definitely man using something trendy.
Speaker 3: Talking about relations in relationships in the house, did it shock you when Bacco and Rachel came out in the press kissing. I love that you've gone from Vagina questions to asking me, was I was trying to segue into.
Speaker 1: That lesbian seg Yeah, So I mean I questioned the validity of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that is legit as far as I know it could be.
Speaker 2: But I think, to be honest, a bit of gay baiting. Well with me, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Well when you see those photos of them come out and they're clearly sitting in the front of a restaurant kissing, I mean really, I mean they're not.
Speaker 4: Getting the yet no offense. They weren't. You know, there were no Abby's from the Bachelor.
Speaker 3: They weren't the standouts of the Bachelor's, so they're not going to be I don't think peraps are going to be following them around on the off chance they're kissing at a restaurant, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, And like Sydney, Sydney is like crazy for perhaps like in Brisbane, I don't I have one that follows me. But like in Sydney, I literally was getting uber eachs and someone was taking photos of me and I had no shoes on.
Speaker 2: I saw that I was so hungover and I've been.
Speaker 1: Vomiting all morning and I was sitting outside with no shoes on in Pop's point, waiting for uber eats.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But like, I think it's just it's just queer baiting, and I feel like it makes relationships the do come out of The Bachelor that are the same sex.
Speaker 2: It kind of like I legitimizes them.
Speaker 1: So I don't it makes you feel a bit icky. It could be legit. It could have been legit, but as far as I'm aware, I haven't. They even told me that it's not legit. But I don't think it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's interesting to hear that, because that was my exact thought.
Speaker 3: Well, in the past, we've seen women like Kira Maguire be so blatantly cast as the villain. So before the show air, did you have any inkling that you were going to be cast as this season's villain?
Speaker 2: No, like, no idea.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because they put they put Chelsea and I as the antithesis of each other.
Speaker 2: She is the angel and I am miss like devil whore, and Chelsea.
Speaker 1: And I were really really good friends and we were like I was by the end like ChEls Eleanor and I were like the closest by like top six. We were the ones who were the closest trio, And it's just it's really funny looking back because by the end, at the start, I had a really hard time with the girls in the house. But I thought my edit was going to be like this, like sook because I cried every single day. I cried every single interview, every single boxy Wow, I was like a mess.
Speaker 2: I like tried to leave so many times.
Speaker 1: I was like fuck this, Like I was so emotionally exhausted, and then this like weird, this villain edit was so it was so strange because obviously what Matt and I had from my perspective was legitimate, so it was upsetting. I think the hardest part was the omission of any actual conversation the Matten I had, because I would have liked for me to watch those conversations back, just me sitting there and being like I want to fuck you.
Speaker 2: Which happened.
Speaker 1: Obviously I wanted to fuck him, but like, there were other conversations we had about feminism and about indigenous suicide rates that aren't included.
Speaker 2: And then there's every conversation.
Speaker 1: I had with him is me like biting my lips because I have big lips to get dry in Sydney's winter, like Jesus cry so fake and I'm like, I have dry lips.
Speaker 3: Well, it's pretty unfair though, because I don't know if you heard, but Laura Byrne came out on her podcast and she said that she told Maddie Jay during her final date that she wanted to sit on her face his face, but this was never showed.
Speaker 4: How is that a fair edit?
Speaker 3: Are they wanting to portray the winner in this certain holier than now light?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think that.
Speaker 1: I think that they had you know, I can't really say much from some of the contract, but I think they had a certain narrative they wanted to put me in. And that's fine. I mean, at the end of the day, I can't change the edit. I know what actually happened, and the girls know what actually happened in the house and Matt knows, so in't really be too upset. I think what was more worrying wasn't really you know, like there's a TV show being made. You're aware of that going in, But it was like the reaction of the public and how vicious and brutal they got with me. And the thing is when you watch the When you watch the season back, my publicist said to me every week. He was like, you don't say anything negative to anyone or about anyone ever if you watch it back. The only thing I ever said it was negative was when I called Ellie disgusting because she had to get about.
Speaker 2: Me behind my back, and I was like, I was angry, Yeah it was. That was an hour after it happened. I was angry. But other than that, I was always the one being gained up on.
Speaker 1: I was always one being basically essentially bullied in that house. And then to watch it back and have different music could over. When I slip a glass of wine. Then ever like, wow, she is a bit because I slip a glass of wine and effects. It's crazy. It's crazy that how people's perceptions are changed.
Speaker 2: And sorry, I'm going on ten.
Speaker 4: But no, it's so interesting.
Speaker 2: From one week to another. I noticed that my music change.
Speaker 1: So from my Top five dates to hometowns, my music changed from Snake Snake, Snake, Snake Snake to I got kind of whitey music at hometowns because my family were great for the hometown was great.
Speaker 2: And on episode on the Top five.
Speaker 1: Day episode, I was getting like death threats abused, and then the next day when it was hometowns, I was literally getting people being like, you know, you aren't that bad. Actually, I've not changed anything about the way I speak or anything about what I do.
Speaker 2: It's purely just this music.
Speaker 1: People are really easily manipulated by sound effects, which I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: Do you know what shocks me? Every year?
Speaker 3: Because when I sit down and watch The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, I almost feel like in most households, it's almost a sport to watch the show.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't take.
Speaker 3: It too seriously. I personally know that everything's been edited and it hasn't anybody seen. Unreal like the people that are sending you hate comments and death threats. I feel like saying, you know, it's all a load of shit, don't you This is just purely for our entertainment. How are we living in a society where people are thinking how low do you go to go and actually contact someone and say these hate field like I can't even imagine. You know, you've come home heartbroken, obviously people don't know that at the time, but then you're copying.
Speaker 4: All these awful hate field messages.
Speaker 3: What do you think was there a point where there was just one that kind of that you remember really well?
Speaker 4: Or I mean, have you received so many that were just awful?
Speaker 2: So we actually have a Google Drive folder with all of them in it. Oh wow, that my what all of them? The ones?
Speaker 1: About halfway through, my really good friend took control of my Instagram and she I was like, if you find any really bad ones, just screenshot them and put them in a drop box so that I can use them for something later on, because I can't handle them right now, but I will use them later on to like do without a bullying because I was getting so many a day, and it got to a point where she was like, you have to delete your app and I would just upload your photo for tonight's Coltil party because she's like, you cannot you cannot open your app, Like she was like, this is insane. But there was one that was like one of the first really really bad ones, really early on, and it was after I'd told Matt about Monique calling him a dog C word and someone was like, how does it feel to embarrass yourself for National TV? You fucking slut or something, And then at the end it was like never come to Melbourne or I'll fucking knock you out.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, and like that was one of the first violent ones that I got.
Speaker 1: And I was at my desk and my boss, like, I was crying every day during airing, so I was getting I would turn my phone over and I turn it back over five minutes later, and I would have like fifty five dms abusing me, all like comments, all like and then on top of that, my friends are trying to support me, so I'd be like, I'd have like one hundred and seventy texts and I'd have like all these abusive dms.
Speaker 2: I couldn't keep up.
Speaker 1: So I was crying all day every day, and my boss had just taken me for coffee in the morning and he's so lovely and he was like, if anything, just like we can have a coffee and you can cry, and he'd written a little post note on my desk saying smile.
Speaker 2: Smile, that's so sweet. But when I got he's so lovely, and when I.
Speaker 1: Got that text and looked at him because he sits next to me at a sobbing and he was like the fuck he was like, I was trying every day, so that was one that kind of stood out. But they did get worse than that, but that one was the first one that someone kind of threatened physical violence.
Speaker 3: Did the age of some of the people that were sending you messages surprised because I know there's sometimes a twelve or thirteen year old girl sending death threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they were actually quite a few.
Speaker 1: The girls looked about nine or ten, literally like children. And I would try to reply to those and I would kind of just be like, Hey, this hasn't upset me, but maybe you should just like think about being nicer to people because I'm an actual person. Like, I think they didn't understand that it wasn't Channel ten's account, it's my private account. People don't get that, and they would often just supply and.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh, I'm really sorry. Like I think I just wanted attention and I just wanted someone to talk to them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it is shocking and it's quite upsetting, but I mean, I think it's just learned behavior. I think they see comments on my posts and they think it's okay and then they DM me. And what I found as well, which is really interesting, was I would turn off comments or limit comments to people who I follow, and when I did that, like, I would try and do that to kind of protect myself from all the comments. And then when I did that, people would DM me things that were like ten times as bad because it was in private in their heads, paragraphs and paragraphs about what they're going to do to me, about how much I don't deserve love and how much I don't care about mat and meanwhile, I'm crying myself to sleep about this guy that I'm still in love with.
Speaker 2: Now that I'm past it, it's.
Speaker 1: Good to look back and kind of think about patterns and human behavior that I noticed.
Speaker 3: Does Channel ten have any support program in place that hel helps you guys deal with that? Because I can imagine you're, you know, twenty three at the time and dealing with something like this. It just seems absurd that you guys have to go through that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we have a psychologist that we can call or text at any time.
Speaker 2: She's really good. I really liked her and she helped me a lot.
Speaker 1: They also of feel like, if you want to see someone in person, they'll pay for it. Cannel tend are really good because they obviously understand the severity of all of this even girls that Eleanor had had one one day after Hometowns that was her getting abused and she had a really hard time, Like everyone cops it to some degree. So yeah, we have support, but I mean, I don't think from my perspective, talking about it didn't really help because once I got off the phone, I would have one hundred more notifications.
Speaker 2: You can't escape it.
Speaker 3: It just reminded me because there's been so much talk about the mental health of reality television contestants and how some of the contestants on Love Island in the UK have sadly committed suicide after the treatment from I spoke, fans of The Bachelor you've received, does it surprise you that there does seem to be this staggering amount of reality television people who are taking their own lights.
Speaker 2: No good at all.
Speaker 1: The weeknd before finale, I was having suicidal thoughts. I have a pre existing like anxiety disorder and depression that I kind of gotten through before I went in the show, and obviously I wouldn't go on if that was still like clearing up and I got back to a place. Like the weekend before FINALI I didn't leave my bed and I was like, I think I'm miskin to kill myself, Like I don't want to do my interviews, I don't want to do anything.
Speaker 2: Everyone's just gonna hate me. And I turned my phone.
Speaker 1: Off and then I turn it back on and I have all more dms, and then I had and then you also have the pressure for your friends and your family of needing to apply to them because they're trying to make you feel better, and like all you want to do.
Speaker 2: Is just like hid.
Speaker 1: So no, it doesn't shock me at all. I had one friend who was in the phone chief for like three hours, and I was just like, I like, I'm going to kill myself. Like it was, it was really really bad, but I guess I've bounced back now.
Speaker 2: It was weird.
Speaker 1: I got really bad really quickly and then got really okay really quickly.
Speaker 3: As well. Do you think there needs to be something done to protect people that are on reality television? Because I mean, I can totally see why you would have felt like that. I mean, so it's so silly, because I was going to ask you a bit about the Daily Mail because today you posted an amazing another amazing Instagram calling out the comments. No, well, a bloody good rant that needs to be said. I mean, SOF and I. We've had a few articles written about us, and these are very small articles, and you go to the comments and everyone's horrendous, and like you think, oh my god, I can totally imagine getting mass comments telling you shit, because suddenly you're going to think, oh, well are they Maybe they're telling the truth, especially when I feel like you can't escape when it's on your phone where you can't even turn your phone off.
Speaker 1: Well, just just on the point of like believing what people are saying. When everyone was saying that I was manipulative, which is such a weird. It's a weird thing to say about someone because once you say someone's manipulative or fake, you can't do anything to prove them otherwise, Like you literally cannot if someone says you're fake, everything that is taken as being fake, Like I still have comments when I open up about my abortion, people were damning me being you said this for attention, you fake bitch, And it's like, no, no, no, I've not, like, like why would I do that for attention? Like that's not at all. I'm trying to help women because I'm a strong feminist, but when I was having suicidal thoughts, I was like, fuck, am I mentally? I was like, am I mentally ill? Do I not even see that I'm manipulating people?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I literally was calling my best friends being like, do you hate me? Am I this unlikable? And people would dam me and be like, how do you? I'm sure you have no friends? So I was like one of my best friends crying, being like, do you want to not be my friend anymore?
Speaker 2: Am I this horrible person? Like? Am I manipulative? Am I?
Speaker 1: Like all these thoughts that everyone's saying to you? And when you have people were saying you're fake, You're a bit, you're dumb, you're fat, you're ugly, your your snake, you can snake emoji?
Speaker 2: You never want to see it again? You just you do believe it.
Speaker 3: I just say, you are absolutely gorgeous. You are none of those things that they're saying. It makes me so sad for you to think that for a second, because it's just a lot of the time it's.
Speaker 4: A bunch of very jealous girls online.
Speaker 3: Do you know what sofa My motto is always we love Taylor Swift. She's like, oh God, and we always say if Taylor Swift cops comments online people, Taylor Swift, you know, there's obviously something wrong with people, and anyone's gonna cop criticism over something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's me Miley. And I'm like, Miley's my literal queen, similar you I can tell and like she does anything and everyone hates her and I'm like, she's intelligent, gorgeous, talented, has it has it charity that she runs rescues dogs.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Miley is my queen. So people Miley for doing anything.
Speaker 1: Miley breathes, and I'm like it was kind of like a joke that I would say to people, being like, if she can get through bankers, I can get through this. But everyone cops, everyone cops, ship like everyone, And like when Taylor Swoopers had all those snakes emojis, what does she even do?
Speaker 3: She yeah, she had was a West controversy.
Speaker 2: Like that, that overwhelming action that she got. I actually thought of that as well during my During my time, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm Taylor Switch, I'm being persecuted.
Speaker 4: But you know what some people are. I know some people are like, oh well, just don't read the comments.
Speaker 3: It's like, how are you not going to read comments when everybody is talking about you, It's it's human nature.
Speaker 1: People are like, I just ignore it, and I'm like, this is my personal Instagram, Like you realize that, Like you realize that I talked to my friends mostly through DM, so if I'm gonna talk to my also, people like, just delete Instagram. And it's like, why should I have to delete my Instagram to avoid getting abused online?
Speaker 2: Like why don't we just say maybe everything's just stop bullying her? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 1: To avoid social media is an integral part of all of our life. To leap Facebook to lead Instagram, don't go on it, And I'm like, what and just sit here and wonder what everyone's saying about me?
Speaker 2: Either way? Either way you fucked. Oh basically, well.
Speaker 3: Just back to your Instagram post today. As I said, I bloody loved it. I fucking hate that. I mean, I love and I hate the Daily Mail comments because I do have a sneaky read of the comments from now and then. But I feel like those people that write those horrendous comments are just the scum of the earth. Who write those comments, it must be the saddest people what prompted you to call them out?
Speaker 1: So the person Todd was in those photos of me and we aren't dating.
Speaker 2: Everyone care I'm calm down.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like they're getting married, they're engaged, and it's like, no, we just passion a couple of dates.
Speaker 2: He's very hot, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, not only Pash, but I saw you had a fish and chips.
Speaker 4: And a can of aso. Yeah, very specific, are they?
Speaker 2: Todds. The gentleman fed me some chips, like I must.
Speaker 3: Say, I must say I love a good casto, so I rate your tools there.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you posito with chips and extra chicken salt.
Speaker 4: What an amazing date compared to those.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd rather have hot chips and a date with Todd than some of those dates that were on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Come on, absolutely, it was a great time.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so he said he sent the link and he was like, don't oh, he was, I don't read the comments on this, but like, isn't this funny?
Speaker 2: Like well, and I was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when someone says you don't read the I would never read the comments anyway. But the fact that he was like, don't read the comments, like he was just trying to protect me obviously and feeling shit.
Speaker 4: It's like a rab to a bull, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going to read the comments obviously idiot, and then I read through them, but I was so angry and it wasn't even about like me, because like I'm a size eight, like I don't have obviously, I have days where I'm like, oh I feel grossed, or like I don't feel amazing, but like I've kind of gotten over my like deep rooted issues.
Speaker 2: In my body.
Speaker 1: But me angry thinking about other women reading that who don't slight their body, whether they're the same size as me, bigger or smaller, and thinking that's how the world.
Speaker 2: Perceives me and in turn perceives them worse, if that makes sense. But if I'm the how do I say this?
Speaker 1: Like, if I'm like the bar of like an average body, if people are thinner than me, or heavier than me, or have bigger boobs of me or small mobs of me, and people are saying things about my boobs at me being like fat, about how I say that?
Speaker 2: How I'm do you know a better body at twenty four? What do they mean? People are gonna feel worse about themselves.
Speaker 1: And that's why I was so angry, because I was just like, how can you write these things down? And they are gonna be young girls who read through this shit and think, well, if Abby from the Bachelor who came second is ugly and fat, then what am.
Speaker 4: I regards exactly exactly?
Speaker 1: So I think when we're I'm like someone who is like herald as this like beautiful like person on the batch, like all the girls are on the Bachelor. If people are saying they're ugly and fat, what what room.
Speaker 2: Is there to go? Like? Where do you go from there? So'd be angry.
Speaker 3: It made me, Oh my gosh. I read the comments and I was like, what the apisode to swear? But what the actual fuck? Like are these people cooked? I was like, this is so ridiculous. As you said, you're a size eight, which people would aspire to be, You've got an amazing body.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: The people taking the photos, they're trying to take bad photos of everybody at the beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they're not going.
Speaker 3: To be posting the most flattering You looked amazing anyway, but do you know what I mean? Like, that's what annoysy about the Daily Mail. They post these articles and they say these nice things like oh look at this stunner out on the beach. But then they'll sometimes post photos where you're not looking your best to incite the hate, hateful comments like do you find that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, from stuff you've read.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's definitely to provoke people.
Speaker 1: And like the thing like you can see ribs in one of those photos. I have my arms ribs, yeah, And it's like I'm size eight but even if I was a size eighteen or a size two, it doesn't matter. You shouldn't comment on someone's body in this derogatory way.
Speaker 2: And I think people as well.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that I got this villain edit people want to hate me and want to Isn't she disgusting as well as mean and manipulative? But it's like I'm missing a little chick, like I'm miss the beach with a friend on a date, wanting to know someone. I don't understand what people saying that I should have worn a full piece.
Speaker 2: Why who am I offending?
Speaker 3: I remember Georgia Love got a lot of that criticism as well, and it's just absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 4: She's a size eight as well. I feel like.
Speaker 3: Saying, though, have you been baby shopping? It's pretty hard to get anything that covers anything these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like those bikinis, like, yeah, they are like.
Speaker 2: Everyone likes you of the bikinis.
Speaker 1: I would burn those bikinis, but I'm glad that you would earn those bikinis, Like maybe without without my fake tan on.
Speaker 2: The color was a bit off on my skin, looking like sea foam. That is a bikini salt. It's my bob being raised.
Speaker 3: It's probably fifty year old men that don't even get that they're fashionable bikinis.
Speaker 4: They're probably like, ah, why don't they why they got the one piece? Aren't that far out? It's just absolute creshns.
Speaker 3: Not only if you copped bullying from outside sources, but obviously you copped it very much in the house. Just going back to some of the girls in the mansion, why do you think they had a problem with you? Was it from day dot or well, did they have a problem with you or was it just editing?
Speaker 2: No, there was definitely there was.
Speaker 1: It was mainly I mean, I don't like to name people, but it was mainly the people who thought would have been bad, were that and worse in the mansion, but once it was top after Hometowns, it was much better. But even before Hometown's and Top six, they had Eleanor and Chelsea, who I was really close with, and I always had a friend in the mansion. Some people have been like, what do you mean you had no friends? Like we saw you being friend with Chelsea, and it's like, I'm not saying that you can still be bullied and have a house of ten girls who really dislike you even look at you. And then if you have two friends, it doesn't mean you aren't getting bullied. That means you have sympathy friends who are nice people, like a loser on the back porch having tea with you because you're crying all day, Like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, this sounds like Sophie and my high school experience. I know exactly what it's like. Yeah, you can be hated and then have your bestie, but you cry too. I felt like many of the girls criticized you, saying that you were just there to grow your Instagram following, which isn't everyone. But anyway, do you find it quite ironic that it's Ellie who's now started her own YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I quite like Ellie, but the fact that she's she was the first one with the blue tick.
Speaker 2: She was the first one to make a YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: She is doing like a boost sponsorship or something like a I don't.
Speaker 2: Know which is fine. All these things are fine, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Great, earn money through social media, go for a babe, But why would you say that I was there for social media fame and then that's the first thing that you do. And her Instagram as well before going on the show, was much more like curated than mine. Like if you go back and look, if that makes sense, Like it's all like her grid is all the same and it's always saying those like insta.
Speaker 2: Filters and all that stuff, and that's fine. We all have a filter pack. But like, don't excuse me of being there.
Speaker 1: And also I never mentioned Instagram once in the strap. This is what baffles me as well. I never spoke about Instagram.
Speaker 2: If anything.
Speaker 1: Chelsea and I were like, fuck, it's going to really damage our careers with in the predominantly male dominated industries like Chelsea and science and me in property will get so much shit if we start doing sponsored posts like that was we were like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going to be so like it's like a negative thing.
Speaker 1: And her other thing was that I was there for Bachelor in.
Speaker 2: Paradise, which I mean, everyone.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't win is going to get most likely off of Bachelor.
Speaker 2: That's hound that's where they get their cast from.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see on Bachelor in Paradise, but I feel like I'm more invested now in your relationship with.
Speaker 1: Todd and I'm like, everyone calm down, and I'm feeling he's pressurant right now.
Speaker 2: But but like that that's fine.
Speaker 1: But the reason why she said that was because my comments around the house would always be I don't you didn't really have to see this on the show, but like I have a very like my COVID mechanism is always humor, like always, and.
Speaker 2: Whenever i'd be up at Matt or like other girls.
Speaker 1: Would be upset about Matt or like being like, oh, it's just so fuckd like we've had two months in here without any like joy.
Speaker 2: I would be I would.
Speaker 1: Always say, girls, there is always bit and like as like my joke like guys's always bip, don't worry like obviously kidding, I'm like in love with this man. Crime every night, guys, there's always someone in Paradise, like maybe someone could date Bill and like ruin their life, like.
Speaker 4: Made him at the dog park or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that kind of banter.
Speaker 1: And in the house there was also always a joke where it was like, oh, there's always Todd because like he is the only normal one, which is funny now, but you know what I mean, like that kind of like, oh, girls, come on because everyone's sitting around fucking cry. And then that turned into Abbes and The Heath Bachelor in Paradise. I didn't even know what the show was, what BIT was when I went on there. I truly didn't know it. I literally someone told me someone mentioned BIT and I was like what. I was like crying of laughter, being like what the fuck is BIT?
Speaker 2: And I was like what is that? Because I hadn't seen a full episode of The Bachelor. I only watched like punky recaps.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, like I ever like she came on here for fame and to be on the back, and I'm like, I hadn't watched.
Speaker 2: I don't have a TV. I don't have a fucking TV.
Speaker 1: Like I got one recently, But like before I went on, I didn't I watch was Netflix, like and Bachelor in Paradise. I didn't know what was in Australia, and our minders worked Bachelor in Paradise as well, So I would ask him being like, can someone explain the concept to me? And I would ask about it all the time because my brain couldn't comprehend the Rose situation and like.
Speaker 2: The five come in before go, so I would talk about it all the time. Like Eleenor was like, you do bang on.
Speaker 1: About it, but it's because you're so confusing your brain cut so I wrap around the consetu of the show. So like I think in that environment, everyone takes little comments and when you're there, like you're trying to find reasons why Matt wouldn't love that person because you're so your self esteem is so low when you're in there that you're like, I need to find reasons why he.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't like Eleanor or why he wouldn't like Abby. And if I'm talking about people all the time, they're going to go, well, that's why he shouldn't be with her. That makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why because she is too young, she is abso having kids and she has uttered the words a bit more than four times in the mirror, and I has appeared.
Speaker 2: That's aually, that's sutually what it.
Speaker 4: Is and just a change of pace.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, you you mentioned the abortion, the abortion comments that you made, which was so brave you and I think, well, good on you for coming out and telling your story. Can you tell us a little bit about the reaction, because I mean, I've seen lots of positive comments, but as we were talking, I'm sure there's many negative because of what are you living in a negative world? But yeah, what has been the main reaction to your story?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's been great. It's actually been amazing. Ever since.
Speaker 1: That's like two weeks, I've got mainly this positive great DMS and after I told my abortion story, I'm shameless, I've gotten so many young women and also middle Asiamen messaged me with their like abortion story and telling me about like how much I've helped them accept it and not feel as guilty.
Speaker 2: And I've like.
Speaker 1: Cried in a few messages. So that it's been quite nice. Everyone's been really supportive. The only one that was even like close to negative was some Christian person DM me saying why did you like kill one of God's children, and I was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Believe in God. Like I was just like, I mean like, I'm just like it wasn't really mean and it was just them with their beliefs. So yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's actually been really really positive. I'm sure there were some negative comments on daily mails somewhere, but naturally not gonna looking for those bad boys.
Speaker 4: Oh well, good on you. That's that's that's what I love about.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, the producers portrayed you or the editing portrayed you in one way, but I feel like you've been so good and you've come out and you've shown us who you really are through your social media account. Has that been sort of not an orchestrated move, but has that been something that you've been wanting to do to.
Speaker 4: Reveal your true self? I suppose after the way you were portrayed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that first post that I made about such shaming, I was like kind of like thinking about it in the tail end of the show, just because I was so frustrated because obviously we can't respond to anything or it's airing, so we can't have any say.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of like pre planned.
Speaker 1: But other than that, I just tend to go on these rants on Instagram anyway, because I'm a very opinionated feminist and I usually would make rants about I guess, other current affairs or other things that are happening in the world. But now I guess I just have a little bit more passion because it's about me. It's about my life, and I can have like an educated, I guess opinion on it, and I can say my piece and be able to say it full well that I have all.
Speaker 2: The facts because I was there or like I am me.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it hasn't really been orchestrated, but I think it's just a continuation of my Instagram anyway, like what I like anyway, because.
Speaker 2: That's just what I'm like. Like I said, like, and I had.
Speaker 1: Multiple conversations about feminism and about abortion when I taught them, about my abortion and about my instruggles with mental health and all that stuff. So I wish that side kind of got to be shown on the show of me having even one intelligent conversation with anyone.
Speaker 2: But I guess it's lucky that I can show it.
Speaker 3: Ble now, for sure, I was gonna say here's your chance. Sof and I love nothing more than talking about the me too movement?
Speaker 4: What are you? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So, I mean I am super into me too movement.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I'm a I'm a I'm a very good feminist. I'm a good girl. But I feel like when it came to be a zisan sorry story.
Speaker 1: Thoughts for things and emotions or that I was really taught and that was the point where I stopped looking at.
Speaker 2: Me two things. Am I a bad person? No?
Speaker 3: I think it's become It's become overwhelming now, hasn't it. I mean, obviously Weinstein stuff came out and everyone was invested, but there's so much talk about, yeah, some the validity of some stories, which it pisces me off that it's questioned. But I can see why some people do go, oh, well, is this just an issue of destroying reputations for revenge and that kind of thing? But I think most of the time, when women come out and stand up for themselves, it's a legitimate for a legitimate reason.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, And I think as well.
Speaker 1: I kind of had a moving through life assuming and this is a really weird and I kind of realized that when the media movement started, and my friends and I all agreed, where it's like, I just assume that everyone's.
Speaker 2: Been sexually assaulted, truly, truly, like.
Speaker 1: All everyone that I know has been between groped in a pub and raped, which is a horrible thing to say out loud, but I think I just believe every story, and there's hes some sorry thing confused me because I was like, well, I there was such an aggressive reaction from men about it, yeah, and I think maybe he's some sorry it's like a socially awkward dude who truly didn't get it, and his apology I think was substantial enough to be like, maybe he just didn't get it. But on the other hand, it's like, well, I think most women have been that situation where it's like someone's taking things too far and you can't stop it, and then you kind of blame yourself for not stopping it, and it's like, where is the line between it being or it's sexual asault either way? But I guess like blatant sexual black and white assault where it's like this person was right, this person was wrong, and then there's this gray area and I just I get overwhelmed with it, I get really overwhelmed and I get really guilty and sick. And I that's why I take back from it, because I was just like, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do this anymore. I have the mental capacity anymore. It is.
Speaker 3: It is hard because there's so much we have to care about these days. I mean, you got to care about well, I do care about the metom movement, but you know what I mean, like plastic straws, all that kind of stuff that just seems to me so much that we have energy that we have to put in these things.
Speaker 1: I know, well, I uploaded a video the other day of me drinking, like I'm I had my metal straw with me at all times. But I went to a cafe at like a surf club and they gave me a milkshake with a plastic straw in it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh fuck, I forgot to say no straw.
Speaker 1: And I was drinking throughout my story and I got like twenty dms being like how dare you?
Speaker 2: And I was like, like.
Speaker 4: You throw it out, you know what I mean, like not use.
Speaker 1: It, and like I'm not a fan of a plastic straw and like I will always see rubbish if it's on the side of the street to pick it up. But like people, we do have to care so much about certain things, and it's like, why are we caring about plastic straws so much? Is that like the cool thing of the moment. Why aren't we petitioning the amount of plastic waste in a cold when you're when you're working.
Speaker 4: For I had that conversation yesterday with a friend. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I saw this Halloween lollies and every lolly was individually wrapped in plastics, Like, surely this is well doys, No, it's so the kids know it's safety. But I was gonna say, because I don't want to hold you up too much. But lastly, we have to ask you. I know we've touched on Todd, and we've touched on your casito date with your fish and chips, but how is it all going? No pressure or anything from the Bachelor's community.
Speaker 1: But you know, he's great, like he I've said this before, but he is like everyone's like he's so amazing on TV and he's like that, but so much better because he's funny, Like he's really funny, and he's great. When he was here we had a really good time, but he lives in Perth and I'm certainly not relocating to Perth anytime soon. He's not moving to Brisbane anytime soon. So we've just kind of been like, I mean, if we're both in the same city, will hang out, but and we talk a fair bit, but we just sort of there's not really I think there's a point trying to establish a relationship starting off for long distance, and then that's really hard, and especially with all all the stucking right now in my life, it's just a bit much.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of a do you want me to give.
Speaker 4: You some hope?
Speaker 3: Because my boyfriend and I we started dating and then he moved, like I'm in Adelaide and he moved to Sydney and we were I think he was he was there for over a year and now he's back in Adelaide. So and we're still together. So there is hopeimes a long distance relationship.
Speaker 1: But I want to do so Yeah, I just feel like I also it's weird having all this extra pressure.
Speaker 2: Like there's been what photos of two dates we've had. They were actually on the I think that was like the same day, Like we had a weekend together, went to the beach both days.
Speaker 1: And it's funny now everyone there's always extra pressure that we both. It's kind of like imagine wing to the guy and everyone's like it. Boyfriends like I don't know, I like, I like, but like like when we're not about stage all. I don't think we're going to be about stage anytime soon. I mean, I'm not going to fly six hours maybe for a when some chips got like way sorry sitting.
Speaker 3: Though, And I'd like to finish on a question about you. What are we expecting to see from you in the next six months or so? Are you going to stay in this job you're in at the moment or should we be expecting something else?
Speaker 1: So I've started writing for women on my win news dot com. So I'm doing that a little bit. I'm trying to get into I need to.
Speaker 2: I think I need to, honestly out of property. But I think I might.
Speaker 1: I have done like one year of a psychology degree, so I think I might try and finish start finishing that next year and maybe to fill my dream of becoming a sexologist. I've been in contact with doctor Nicky, who was on that episode. Yeah, and because on that episode, like that was kind of used like a punchline as well, that comment like that's a true like thing that I want.
Speaker 2: To become, like not just with sex, with like gender.
Speaker 1: Binaries and like sexuality like and things like that, not just about like dick and dad, Like oh ho, you get like that's not what I'm not, like why I want to be a sex therapist, like fuck me. But I took her on the day of that day and I cornered her in the bathroom and I was like, doctorin Nick, tell me what are your call the pass? And she told me, And she's been really lovely messaging me since then, so I might try and finish that and have her as my mentor. So I think that, I mean the next step, but hopefully I can continue writing because I actually really enjoy it, which is crazy.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 3: If you if you become a sexologist, can you promise you'll come back on our show because I feel like we've got a lot of questions listen to questions that would love to ask you.
Speaker 2: Of course. Well, I was kind of like the sex therapist of the house. Girls would ask me questions and I would be.
Speaker 1: Like, well, like there was like one time where I like, do like a diagram of the adverage sized butt plug.
Speaker 2: And was like, girl, girl, this is this is Barry the butt plug.
Speaker 4: So why wasn't that ed?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, am Ammy being funny.
Speaker 3: For God's say, I didn't didn't shock you that everyone had such an issue with you saying that you felt horny, Like is that? I mean as it just seems absurd that Australia seems so offended by that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was such an extreme reaction to me just being horny, Like I'm an adult woman with my adults like quote unquote boyfriend, like I don't know, I spot the girlfriends, like what's polyamorous at that point, and.
Speaker 3: Just like every typical relationship, you know, yeah, like like the start of a relationship.
Speaker 1: And and it was half the reaction though, it was like girls Dan, I'm like, yeah, it's like being like that's so proud, and the other half was like baby boomers being like you're vaulting, and it's like.
Speaker 2: I just I'm at a point where I'm like, why is wanting sex with vaulting?
Speaker 1: I actually don't get it, so it doesn't upset me this makes me angry for like society, not for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're so excited to see what the future holds for you, and we just wanted to say thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You get out of the car. We love talking to you. Thank you so much for being on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, guys, Thanks you, it was so.
Speaker 4: Nice to talk to your legend. Don't listen to the Daily Mail.
Speaker 2: I won't random.
Speaker 4: Yes, look out for it. Thanks so much you guys.
Speaker 2: Bangs