Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. Hear more gold podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Got anything Good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for. And the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there, our first alerts early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before. When Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else. Also, every Friday, dropping into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to oh four seventy five three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 3: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning Rio, Good morning now. Pats is of sick today and I am not surprised. Pats is now back on Sport due to a recent reshuffling on the show and a day of saying international exotic names with the World Cup. She did one one show of World Cup names. Suddenly she's got a sore throats. All the effort of all those mangled pronunciations and she's on sick.
Speaker 4: It was curs. I think they tipped her over the ear and.
Speaker 1: Kate Verde as well. That's where the voice just gave way was how long is this? Five weeks? I need medication. I got this message from Patsy yesterday at five o'clock that you got the same on throats raisors yes, swallowing razor blokes, and then details about someone I've never heard before, and I feel like I know everyone in the past multiverse because she just drops random names. Yes, mid story that Raw meant to know about Terry the Post neighbors her salon well brand new on now Dr Don, doctor don't. I'm not for me. Sure, Don's rushing me the script. We're not at school. You don't need to give me this whole story. You work hard, you have to take it. It's okay. Is this fictitious character, Dr Doctor Don?
Speaker 5: You're normally the it's doctor then surname.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm eating more to it now that she's actually just doesn't fancy coming in. She's just made that name up quickly. Doctor Dr Don, I guess does sound like a doctor name. So intern Pete, you get promoted from the bench. Oh fantastic, I'm here, ready to go go there we go, all right, So on today's show, really exciting news. Thank you very much. Yesterday, so many suggestions yesterday when we ask you this big pub reno that we're doing at the moment, the ultimate pub reona about It's now over three hundred thousand dollars in under three weeks. So at the end of next week we can go and do the show live at this beautiful pub that we're restoring more than renovating the Criterion, a place called Herodon in Queensland, and we're going to do the entire Breakfas show up there. We're all going to go up there at the end of next week. But we need a live musical act, so the show is going to be in the morning. So it's a tough get to get a good, great Aussie legend to sing early in the morning in a pub in rural Queensland and it's the middle of nowhere, it's farmland and then this pub. However, we have a big name confirmed to announce this morning on the show.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: It was the number one suggestion from people yesterday.
Speaker 4: Ah, don't tell me.
Speaker 1: We will say no more. We will say no more now. The big thing we also do at the start of a Tuesday show is we ask you how did you start your week yesterday? Are you a Monday winner or loser? Text me and let me know.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday evening I was watching Rick Stein, Australia travel show that I was talking about a couple of weeks ago. It's on SBS, they've missed a trick. Almost five million people watched the opening game, the biggest soccer US viewing figures ever in the history of the men's team. Incredible. That's for the opening game, and Goose knows what it's going to be this weekend when we beat America. But anyway, SBS have paid all that money, they've got the footage. They should be showing it all the time, even in the middle of shows that aren't from Australia. So as he's wondering they should just have that on a little loop, it just comes in suddenly I.
Speaker 4: Had the soccer will have Rick Stein in the middle.
Speaker 1: Rick Stein, suddenly he's walking down the street and they suddenly have those two goals, and then we back to Rick because you're going to go, yeah, how good was that? I like, get your money's worth out of SBS. Yeah whatever, you don't know how far they're going to go in the tournament. Rite it right now. I'm got into all the shows promote national chair.
Speaker 5: Do you remember when split screen was a huge technological advancement?
Speaker 4: Why don't we you split screen anymore? It's disappear.
Speaker 1: I remember when it's just Sam. I don't think it's a good idea. We have attention deficit disorder anyway, that's what Elvis went crazy when he had all those TVs. Yeah, we got split screens. You got how many times are you watching TV and you're on your phone? Yeah? Actually I was doing yesterday. I'm like, this is I know, this is a good thing. All right, let's do Monday Winner or Loser. How did you start your week yesterday? In turn, Pete, are your Monday winner or loser?
Speaker 6: I feel a little bit of a loser this week, unfortunately, because we had such a successful day with Malailah the tiger that predicted the soccer is to win the game. We've only got seventy three hours until Australia takes on.
Speaker 7: I try to say, yeah, seventy three hours and forty five minutes?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 7: Until the game this Friday?
Speaker 1: That's three days time.
Speaker 7: I've got the math here somewhere anyway.
Speaker 1: Saturday, five ams, So twenty four is tomorrow forty eight seventy No, it's another it's ninety ninety four hours, ninety four hours.
Speaker 7: This information I'm realizing is not really relevant to my.
Speaker 6: Day yesterday, because I'm so sorry I spent yesterday.
Speaker 1: There's the reason why you must be on the subspen sometimes. Yeah, absolutely, you know it's pass She definitely can't come in today.
Speaker 7: Look, I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes.
Speaker 1: The way I was a stand it must have been quite lower Kaneja.
Speaker 6: Yep, yep it was it was. And now I'm here, so thank you very much for having me. What I'm trying to say is, yesterday I was trying to find some more blow up adults what's the word. I'm looking for blow up dolls across the city and unfortunately there must be an epidemic of blop dolls. I went to four different adult shops and I have not been able to locate one.
Speaker 1: So we need fresh bodies because of people wondering what will be strugg and talk about is we generally have a World Cup tipping tiger that actually on Friday did put it that Soccers would win. There where there was something inflatable, two inflatable dolls, one on each of the kids of the two teams, so Turkey and the Soccer. So I guess you need a new one for America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we need a new one for America, and we need another Australian one as well.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I was going to message you go going, hey, listen because it's America, just because of like how the feeling is about politically with things for fun this weekend, for this Friday, why don't you get like an inflatable Trump? And I was typing out the message and went, oh my god, we're not doing that. I don't want the old Maga Bagade turning on the show. An international incident deal. You know he's at the UFC. If he hears about this, he's watching fights on his lawn.
Speaker 7: I'm not associating with that one.
Speaker 1: The back straight. Yeah, so scratch down one about getting inflatable Trump. So I got no dolls? You need dolls?
Speaker 7: No dolls. I'm going to go at shopping in some different suburbs today.
Speaker 6: Maybe if anyone's got any suggestions, they could text thro'.
Speaker 1: Sure they want to put their name, not that Hey, hey, big radio show, I'll tell you where sex dolls be.
Speaker 4: Not your typical call in.
Speaker 7: I'm being lazy now, aren't I'll go shopping myself. Then it's not totally fine.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just go to someone like sexy Land? I mean, I mean they ain't sure they do all.
Speaker 6: Yep, no, we've got I went to a few yesterday and there's a so now today there is the four that I went to yesterday sold out in my suburbs. So maybe some other radio stations are doing similar stunts.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: And can I just say we didn't choose this sort of dole roote.
Speaker 4: It was because of the tigers.
Speaker 5: We weren't like Pete, you must get us one of these special dolls.
Speaker 4: It was because we tried to anyone listen to this.
Speaker 1: Now you sound nervous and the notice and al went off on the laptop. Then you just hastily shut.
Speaker 7: That was my friend messaging saying did you want the aliens? Because you had aliens at one stage as well? Sorry about that.
Speaker 1: If anyone does know, we'll be getting influted. What about the ones that they do first A need on? Oh very they are they one? Hang on? Then why did you dis order them off team? It got like one sense for eighty of them. They won't make it in time as well. That's okay, we will get this sort of straight moves has opened right now. Team the first ship coming through it will be a team delivery for.
Speaker 3: Australia Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Pete, I've got some good news. I know where you can get hold of some inflatable dolls. Good. I just had a look big w do them? Yeah, they do mail doll twenty seven dollars. It's a good deal and it is not another problems you had before we did it live last Friday, Pete. It's this male doll is no discernible he's that action man if you ever played with action man. He has no discernible genitalium.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is good, this is good, this is wait.
Speaker 4: So this whole time, we could have not had that sort of doll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we had a yeah. Ok and that took me ten seconds to find.
Speaker 7: That right, Okay, I say I see it there.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this.
Speaker 4: One with yeah fullhead of head?
Speaker 1: Yeah? As right? I know, looks like a sort of seventies soccer player actually Italy or a very young Donald Trump. To be fair, it actually looks like a porn star, the old classic kind of porn star. Things. You don't want to hear the swrning from me, uber driver. Right, So every morning I get an auber and I always have a chat with him. Okay, and sometimes they're not up for it. Sometimes they are. And this s morning and a codler guy. You know, I literally I get it. It's ten past five. And I said to him, how do you find ubery? He goes, this is exactly what he said, word for it. It's an awful job. It then hangs and if you we're in this for another twenty five minutes. He doesn't like this job, and I get it. And now we're we're in this together. Well, I can't go, oh well and look at emails because I look ignorant and dumb. I'm already sorry to hear that. He goes, Yeah, I just I do it every day until I get too grumpy. And I said, where are we right now? With the grumpiness? I said, Am I going to get some of that? Or because your passenger number one? Wait? Great, great, great, We're all good. We're all good, all right, real you're Monday win or a loser.
Speaker 5: Oh I am a loser. And I've got to say I'm a Monday idiot. I've done one of the stupidest things I've done in a very long time. I was cooking a stir fry yesterday. I put the oil on the pan you know, you've got to get it really nice and hot before you start putting that meat in.
Speaker 4: Put the oil in.
Speaker 5: And then, very very very stupidly, I wandered back over the telly and then started playing FIFA again on my Xbox.
Speaker 1: Someone's got worked up fever.
Speaker 4: Got World Cup fever. There's a twelve year old Detroit.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many men there to do that? Now? Watching the World Cup.
Speaker 4: I got locked into this game.
Speaker 5: And then who are you playing? I was just playing some random kid in America.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like thirteen years old is in Detroit. I was wailing on him four one. Then I start just like awful, smell that smell. And then but as soon as I smelt it, the smoke clumbs went off. But also the smoke is just billying from the kitchen into the loungey. I couldn't believe it, and then I'm coughing. I get to the kitchen, I turn a stove off. I put the vent on to get it going, but my house I.
Speaker 1: Woke up with stink. Stink for days.
Speaker 4: I woke up with still.
Speaker 1: When gets a couple time, he has still No, it smells like a fire.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe, and it took so long to get I opened all the freezing cold night, opened all the windows, all the doors off.
Speaker 4: Yes, and our alarm's so high, so I had to get a broom. I'm on my tippy toes. Tried to like it.
Speaker 1: I've had to do that before, yes, right, but pressed up a little button.
Speaker 4: It's so small.
Speaker 1: The g spot of the alarm very hard to find. It's very hard and not my fault.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast.
Speaker 1: Answer Time on the Time where so yesterday we had a technical problem, which it was perfect for. We were doing boring bands. It's all a bit menda. You don't want to hear any more about it. I know, but I know a lot of you would have had I woke up this morning, first thing on your mind. I do hope the autata system is working for the OC. It is. It's all good, guys, it's all good. So we're looking for your boring bands. Yesterday it's the best ones, Cold Fizzle, Wolf Mother in Law, Tom Waits for the Bus Ironing Maiden and the winner was Laura with Kim mild All right, so we're doing an extra time with your boring bands. For the best ones we get this morning. We actually have medals. Best in Show are actual and they are big, decent, heft, impressive show. These are very exclusive. Actually we forgot we had them. We had them made last year and then they stayed in a drawer somewhere. They've been wheedled out.
Speaker 4: Now they're beautiful. They are any aware to work.
Speaker 1: We know where did you? You're right? It's an impressive accouterment, all right. For the best in show, all right, some extra ones to me? Then boring bands Karen O not quite the live Wire years ago with the yeah yeah, yes, yeah, yeah yeahs whatever? Silver Gosh, oh come man, I felt like a woman. You know that is Shi a Twain. It's just sign Ghia Twain o. God the woman. Destiny's mild And imagine this Zoom meeting draggon on.
Speaker 4: Oh that you know that he's gone.
Speaker 1: To all right, what have you got rio?
Speaker 4: Boring bands, Adam and the Accountants.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: Silver, he's a good one, but.
Speaker 8: Sorry, beyond beyond.
Speaker 1: All that Gold for the performance.
Speaker 4: And flat Benetta, Oh she's a bit is it plays.
Speaker 1: A guy or a girl a lady? Give me best shot. We've got Pat beating. Yes, every part we got Pat on the show, it was Patrick Bennett you said we should do change. You got the letters change your band. Yes, they want a team and typed out simple minds to simply minds compete. Patrick Benetta is great. I want to know that there's a there's a Boken Benetta trip you band. There is a guy called Patrick. I'm gonna give you gold plus for that anyway.
Speaker 3: Patrick, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Also on today's show. Then the Banker Christian is back all this week throughout the day, studying in breakfast, paying your bills. If you go to the Gold website dot com today you upload your bill stand why you find it could be calling you. It's as easy as that You were a school prefect, won't you?
Speaker 4: I was school vice captain.
Speaker 1: Yes, you bring it with you into the studio. So well, just that weak energy around anyone with a slight management vibe. You don't want to like you? Just checking with Kanan. Now it's right to give a couple of medals away? Should I just give them for the very best one?
Speaker 4: Well, but these are exclusive medals.
Speaker 1: By the way, I didn't Knowhize Calin's off skien any minute now, once you've got that sort of ski lodge, it's like she hasn't got a park a minute. Seven degrees is that people in Australia think it's frozen over. The ice is coming. It's minus six point five, the ice is going. That's what killed the dinosaurs. All right, so are we ready? We're ready give away some of those medals. Live it large, wild right to the end. You can you put that in now? So I've got it in writing. Jethrow Dull Silver ba On, Nicole Shy, Sebastian Cold very good watching super Grass grow Silver, grateful dad, Hey, dads, are not dune. Nothing down about crazy Stevie Ray Yawn, Gold, water Mark, Rochford, the Snooze Brothers, Silver, the living in the financial year report. Now, come on, that's a medal? Very what Andrew Man, I'm bored you too, you too? It's high level smoke inflation the rain mark. You getting a medal? Barry Mellow, that's gold Ramones, not the ramones but silver. Your mendes Bludgy said blasts. We shall try to get in for the public. Could be grateful of a gig right now? Where is sh tedious? D Silver, Ben Foles Napkins. That's boring, very good, have a medal, Richard, the Steve Miller, Bland Silver Sleep Doggy Dog, Silver Boss, Crash Test Cricket Dummies, Crushed Test Cricket Test Cricket, Oh Test Cricket Gavin well done and Bland for gold. Glenn Weber. You can have a metal.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast all.
Speaker 1: Right down, then signs you're an adult. You just have you choose on the show. We'll signs you're an adult for me this week the joyant just hitting that button unsubscribed? How did you even? I did not alight? Must have ticks when they trick you. Sometimes we go I don't want to hear, and then they've rephrased it. He didn't check a problem in suddenly his DWN newsletters updates That one click unsubscribe is a joyous thing to do.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's nice to really treat yourself to go on a bit of an unsubscribed spree.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's nice thing.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I has to try and get something online and I wouldn't let me check out as a guest. See, God tot you the whole thing of like coming out with a new password verer find it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, making an account.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to buy something from you guys. Make it easy for me. I'm this close to this giving up on life, but they don't give it up buying. Do you know what I was buying? What? Macadamia nut butter? Not worth? You've googled and that's a healthy nut butter, Dad, macadamia nut butter.
Speaker 4: Dads love maccas. Dad is obsessed with.
Speaker 1: The actual whole ones in a gin. Now got the butter form as well.
Speaker 4: Every time he goes up to bar and goes it's a byering company.
Speaker 1: I get them from they're the dealers. And also I don't like it. You know when you thinking, O my word, I just added a different number on for the password. Always do and it goes like you've used You've used that one before. And then when it goes do you want us to pick one for you? I always well, you're the computers. Oh, like you're not going to tell all the other computers.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, Dracula running the Black Bank.
Speaker 1: There's no no I am trusting at you guys. And also number one sign at the moment with the season of weather or in you have a winter jacket. It's not just a jacket. You you dig out the winter jacket. All right, Rea, what's to sign you're an adult?
Speaker 4: Mind the signs you're an adult?
Speaker 5: And I was just thinking it's also maybe signs you're an Asian because it's I mean, signs you're.
Speaker 1: An Asian adult.
Speaker 4: You're an Asian adult.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, it's little side project, you're doing it. We can have different ethnicity. Sign you're a Mexican adult. Have the World cups on pick one from each your forty eight countries. Sign you're a Pommey adult. Have several winter jackets, not just one, and winter close and winter underwear. Well.
Speaker 5: Signs you're an Asian adult is that I now insist that people take off their shoes before they come into our house.
Speaker 1: It just needs to be an Asian. You can't claim that. Yeah, lots lots of dullars make.
Speaker 4: People do that, but in particular Asians. There's very few Asian households that will let you come in.
Speaker 1: With you if you'll swap over to some kind of slip. Yes, yes, you know what they do it the bowling. You know they got the size you look at. No, no, no, no, I'll give you a ten anyway. For those ones you get hotels hotel, my wife keeps them when they come in the house. But for anyone who stays.
Speaker 4: Over, well maybe your wife's Asian.
Speaker 1: I'll check. It'd be a really big surprise after twet plot twist. All right, Pete, what's the sign you an adult?
Speaker 7: For me, it would be just that, I guess.
Speaker 6: I made myself a meal the other night, and I'm a big I will not waste a meal whatsoever. But I thought, this is crap. You've done a terrible job. It was kung pale chicken, and I just threw it out.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 7: I just didn't care because it was my wasted food. And as I said, I grew up.
Speaker 6: Nothing can be wasted, and I just felt so good doing it myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're only a schore, just giving up. But then, what did you get takeaway?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I got breaks an adults.
Speaker 1: It takes so much to make a meal for one. Yes, at least when there's two of you, you're gifting somebody else to me as well. They might give you feedback, going thank you for making this. This is nice when it's just one of the amount of calories at the end of a long day it takes to prep the meal, and then you got all the clean up as well.
Speaker 5: Cleaning is the worst because at least if there's two of you, one if you cook, the other one clean.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's the honor system. Y, thank you so much for reminding me that I'm alone.
Speaker 4: I really AFRAIDI that as well, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Signs you're alone, signs you alone, sign alone, so it signs you an adult, signs you're an Asian adult, signs you're a Pommey adult, and signs you alone. Hey, cooking for one can be fun. I remember once seeing the most optimistically titled book. It was in a bookshop as the cookery section. It was simply called Cooking for One is Fun, and the fun was in block capitals like it was a youth leader going guys. You know, guys, guys, we are gonna have we are You're gonna have a good time. We're gonna have fun today. Cooking for one is fun? Okay you and get it right it into your head.
Speaker 3: Christian Condor Show podcast.
Speaker 1: On this morning show, we have some big news. Yesterday morning we were saying we need a live musical acts, a big Ossie legend for the grand pab reopening at the end of next week in our ultimate pubreno. When we do the show live. We need a big musical name. We have them. It was the number one person you wanted on yesterday's show. It is a true OSSI legend. I am so excited to share this with you in the next half an hour. Signs you an adult the joy Christian? You get him using a bin shoot? Oh, I've never used one.
Speaker 5: The great thing as well about the bin shoot it means you don't have a bin night because you just chuck it down the chute.
Speaker 1: No, but I do you know what signs it out for me? I love Bennight.
Speaker 4: What do you love about it?
Speaker 1: I just like the organization of it. Have it diary. It's in the diary for the whole year, for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: You've got like a different bins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what the rotation is. I get excited about the compressing everything as I'm going along the week. I never just put stuff in. I will tip it in and then press it down. So I'm gifting the future of me. When it comes to midnight, all my it's nothing spinning out. I get very very upset that bin lid is slightly a jar. It's like it's burbing at the gabos. I don't like it because they're not meant to take it away. If it's open, it's impolite. It is impolite. It's like it's yawning in their face.
Speaker 5: It's a very delicate balance, though, because if you can press it too much. Sometimes I've had the tip it and then it doesn't all come out.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, oh no, no, that's a shame. There's nothing worse, by the way, if you do. Ever. The one of the horrors of being grown up, if you miss binde. Oh, it's the worst feeling in the world, because you've got to get through ages, ages, and then you're left. We're trying to beg neighbors and nancys. Yours is only half fun and they judge you. They do Christian signs you an adult. You start trying to make meals that would give you enough for lunch the next day. Yeah, the joy of leftover is. I was teaching my twenty one year old daughter about this a couple of weeks ago. She's going, you're making too much as of what I'm doing is I'm making I'm gifting lunch for your mum and I tomorrow. I said, this is a great life pack. One less meal. You have to make. One meal becomes two if you're lucky, cheeky little three get extra mints, get extra a minced Christian Signs. I'm currently queuing to get to see my doctor. He's always fuddy books. I used to queue up for nightclubs queuing. You have do your que if you're not how popular as this guy?
Speaker 4: A que around the door to get to doctor dom Dr Christian Signs.
Speaker 1: I used to bore my lavender essential oil trying to de stress. Not sure it worked, but don't worry. Already brought a second model. Listen, I mean I am rio. This studio has always got some fresh fragrant I have at least ten different essential oils.
Speaker 4: It's like you're some sort of oil merchant.
Speaker 5: Every time I come in, there's different notes, different smells.
Speaker 4: Is there is there a method to the madness course?
Speaker 1: Like a I'm like a one man human apothecary. Actually I talk to it from university at the weekend. She's in She ruby is in her last week at university. She finishes this friday. Do you remember do you remember the emotion of my wife and I dropping her off at you need three years ago in care she finishes this Friday.
Speaker 4: In my head that's last year.
Speaker 1: Yes, So anyway, she's backing on the weekend. She's got this big final exams. She's drave bay stress suddenly behind her. It's like I'm anointing her at a religious seming. I'm dounsing her in peppermint oil. She's like, God, Dad, up the age now where you need to ask permission. It's peppermint and roseman. Actually it is two blended together for concentration and focus.
Speaker 4: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: She gets a great she gets a great mark. That's on me. It's on me. Don't know what's going on with that lisson here. I'm thinks, all right, sons, adult, do we think of this? Signs you an adult? Realizing I can buy the Woolies Chocolate mudcake and eat it all to myself for dinner and for breakfast just because, and I don't have to share if I don't want to heading to a Woolies.
Speaker 5: Now now I agree on the Woolies mudcake. It is a classic, so good. But I don't know if that sounds you're an adult or signs you're eleven years old.
Speaker 1: If you have signed you need some lavender oil. Why do you get the mudcake?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: The only game of the World Cup for the soccer whos and the incredible to Neil Will against Turkey. Almost five million of US watched the opening game and obviously, look soccer in this country, it's not the number one sport, but that is amazing, incredible Australians getting around their team country the other side of the world, and an incredible result with a really really young, inexperienced World Cup team as well. It's amazing. You can feel I don't know, it's just maybe being a soccer fan, but I can feel that. I think the country surprise is just how good the team were on Sunday, definitely, and anything can happen at World Cup. So many teams that are over hyped don't really quite live up to it. It's the World Cup. There's so much pressure and expectation and they did incredibly. They did everyone proud. And just anywhere I went yesterday, people reading newspapers, I could see people watching the goals again on there and the goals were spectacular. Goals, you know, really really kind of like the things you see from the Argentinians or the French. Incredible, real artistic flair as well. It's exciting, but sometimes you pay heavy price living in this great southern land. When there's an international tournament and that is the time zone here, it punishes someone. It is I consider it a tax to movementless country. Is you're very disconnected with other global events in the UK. They're actually on Australia time for this event. They're all moaning about having to get up at like four or five in the morning. My dad was moaning about it. Yes, they went, this is what it's always like for Australians. It's dry your eyes. Then it's the only time we've ever had to this normally in European countries, and that is still quite a favorable time difference. Now they've got to get up at old hours. He is moaning about one of them that starts at eleven pm. I said, we never do for that. Eleven pm is great, I said. This weekend, the big showdown against the Yanks is at five am on a Saturday. It's a big ask. This yesterday made me angry. This is what the Americans on TV are saying about US and the soccer US.
Speaker 4: Do you want to be an American idiot.
Speaker 9: For Australia in Seattle boys, Grella, how's that play up?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: I go to look at their team.
Speaker 10: I don't recognize any players and it's like, what are they drinking over there?
Speaker 1: Because they don't showing out anything at the World Cup. They're the weakest team in the group.
Speaker 6: It's an average team by any measure and certainly not agreed.
Speaker 4: I show it for me, your last not much quality going into the World Cup.
Speaker 3: I'm not backing down.
Speaker 4: I will say we thought you guys thesiest team in Tattu.
Speaker 3: Thanks for Kala on your slug coach.
Speaker 10: You can get back on the Quantas airplane and head back home. I've had a lot of Australia teammates as well.
Speaker 1: If we can't beat them, we should.
Speaker 4: Have got to the rockoff. If the USA can't beat Australian.
Speaker 1: A football match on stay.
Speaker 10: Home in the US, you go like six to seven players the e players playing in the champions He was like, yeah, I know about football, and it's like anything can happen, but there's also levels of quality and there's no shot and Australia could compete with us.
Speaker 1: That makes me angry. I my bloody. Every one of you listen right now, fume. That is a team of real class. They've got young class as well, but a team of real class. They looked brilliant against a very very very good team at the weekend. They've only got two spectacular goals against them. They held off relentless pressure, a keep who never played at the World Cup, Pat Beach who had a blinder eight amazing saves. You should feel confident going into this big showdown now it really is as crazy. It feels like it's a like a WWE events. Yes, yes it should be played at the White House, the Octagon that they still got up. But the thing is five am at the weekend on a Saturday morning. It's a big ask. It's your weekends. You've worked your backsort off all week and then suddenly you're like, it's a test of how much do you really care about? Not just soccer. It's bigger than soccer. It's about Australia and getting around your team out there. I just think they're going to know if we're not turning on our TVs and cheering them on. It is a big challenge they've got. Obviously, the game is in Seattle home tour for a bunch of Imagine you have to play out there in front of eighty thousand predominantly Yanks, obnoxious Yanks screaming. They're awful at sporting events as well. They're ruined golf, tennis, So imagine that, and you've got to hold your nerve and play. They need us back home turning on our TVs on at five am. So here's the big question this morning. Who actually is going to be a five am fan? All right? Are you really be honest with me? Because there's no judgments here. I get it. It's five am. Are you actually going to get up on a Saturday morning at five am? Wake the kids up? Ah? Some of you actually going to have mates round? Maybe I put on a bit of a breakfast. I want to know, genuinely, are you going to support the soccer US this Saturday? They need your support more than Sunday. But I wonder whether it's going to be a big drop off from five million on Sunday to like half a million or ten.
Speaker 5: I think the Aussies will get up, like you said, we're used to it, but it is a big commitment.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: The Yanks have given the soccer Us no chance this weekend. They think home advantage and are pretty average. Theirs not mine. Average team means they're going to smash you this weekend. I don't think it's going to be like that. I actually think they're more worried. I think they're trying to get into the youngsters who are playing the teams in their heads. But the quick question is are you going to show up? The team have God, it's a big ass playing America, one of the three host nations in Seattle. Honestly, American soccer fans are full on. They will be relentless to screaming the must be six as care right now. I love America and the country sports fans, they can be obnoxious. So the question is the team we've got to step up? Are you as an Austrainia You don't even need to be a big soccer fan or a big fan of soccer itself, but you need to represent your country on the couch five am this Saturday. We need to raise the collective vibration of the nation and send it to Seattle.
Speaker 4: By Addison name.
Speaker 11: Got in to the States, storing for your country. Hey you for your mate, spashion Yankes be the tax Paraguay.
Speaker 4: We'll builds in Reconda. Oh day, I'll tell you what the honesty boys can Bye.
Speaker 11: It's a long way to the Cup where you play the Green four.
Speaker 4: To the top, where'd you play the Green and Gold?
Speaker 1: The big question this morning is are you going to be locked on open TV on at five am this Saturday morning. Matthew will be there at five am fan soccer and some of the Vionetta's they got from you guys, Breakfast of Champions. Christian, I'll be up to watch the boys at five am to watch the Yanks hopefully gets spanked. Later on. I'm going to have a nap later on the afternoon. Same with me later in the week. Plan now. Harvey will be up, which means I'll have to be up heavy yelling and swearing at the TV. One up, All up, Christian, Chris, Christian. I'll be there at five am. He is My dad would wake me up at ridiculous hours of World Cups over the years to watch Italy play. It's part of my DNA. I'll be locked in Christian the whole family will be up now more than ever after listening to what you just played. The American commentators saying about us the arrogant. I won't read that word out, but we all understand what he said. I want to say it, but can't. We shouldn't buy some of Dove and I just love paying the mortgage. Five AM fan right here, Christian, both my husband and I will get up to watch nothing like watching it live as well, all of us around Australia and I forget soccers fans all over the world, and he traveled out there are going to be at the stadium as well. George, Good morning George in Sydney. You're going to be a five AM fan, absolutely, Christian, Great, okay, George. That's the kind of spirit you want on the couch there. George is a locked in man. A few words, he's taking it very very serious. He's rather the players who were talking for George and let's call him signing George. Good to get that one first. Sarah, Sarah, Yes, hello, how are you? I'm good Sarah, welcome to show. So are you're going to be a five AM fan this weekend?
Speaker 2: I definitely will be a five am fan with my two and a half year old daughter. I'm going to put an Australian flag in her hands so she can wave it in her daddy's face because he's American.
Speaker 4: Oh is he arrogant? Is he strutting around? Is he confident? What's coming from him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well he's also a US Marine, so I think there's a bit of properness to him. So he doesn't vocalize it too much, but he takes it. George, He's thinking, he takes those cheeky little stabs, you know. Yeah, yeah, I could say that, and I try and hold my tongue as much as I can. But as soon as we were actually at a wedding on Sunday, so we didn't get to watch Australia win against Turkey. But as soon as we got home, I put on the replay, and because he'd been telling me how much Australia had no chance even better, and then I was like, okay, okay, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's on. It is on all right, Sarah.
Speaker 2: In the morning and we're getting up a five and we're watching that game.
Speaker 1: Well, you got too in off field, you'll probably be up around that time. Anyway, So well done, Sarah. Thanks coming. Let's go to Mandy. Now. Good morning Mandy.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: Hi, gang, have a dime.
Speaker 1: We're good Mandy.
Speaker 12: Soccer rude, go to soccer rouge, hate the American storry on my website.
Speaker 1: Song right the restyled it the soccer rouse hate the America incredible like jazz improv.
Speaker 5: There ye.
Speaker 1: Powerful stuff, Mandy. So you're going to be on the couch at five am.
Speaker 2: I certainly am.
Speaker 12: I'm actually from England, so not that I followed the football because we call it football, not soccer, but I am because I heard that what the Yanks said yesterday on the radio, and I thought, oh, you American bunch.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, we all thought that. We all thought it's hard to use strong language, but we must, we really must.
Speaker 12: I'd tell you, well, I wish we could get the two told vision.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, you don't wish that. No, we are not tigers on anyone.
Speaker 4: We don't want them to.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's gone too far. It's too far. No, don't ring the Tigers into this. Okay, guys, take it easy. You sound like Yanks now.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, We have breaking pub news, God save them. Over the last couple of weeks we even our mission to save your pubs. The palms of Australia need our help. Then you do to go back to the pub. Sixty percent of pubs have gone and not coming back. A couple of weeks ago, thanks to the hundreds of you that went online to tell us about your local pub, we go five thousand each to five pubs. Then we announced a pub that we're going to give the ultimate Pub of Reno to over three hundred thousand dollars. It's an amazing pub. Have a look on our socials you can check it out in all the work that's been doing around the clock over the last seven days. It's called the Criteria. In hotels up in Heldon in Queensland, you will fall in love with the two accidental publicans Tracy and Gary. We don't know about We bought a zoo. They brought a pub. They were going to shut it down and turn it into a kind of retirement home for their family and grandkids. When they moved in there, they realized they just couldn't do it. It would just take away the heart of the community, which is what these pubs are so they've been running it for the last two years, seven days a week. They've never run a pub before. This is like a Jeremy Clarkston documentary. They're awesome. We love them and judging on all the comments, you guys do as well, So we really want to do something right by them. At the end of next week, it's the grand reopening and we're taking a whole show up there. We're going to be broadcasting live from a pub. We need a musical act, we need an Ossy icon, a legend. We want the whole community to turn up next Friday morning for the grand reowning to see it all. Now it's not so much a Rehno, it's a restoration. It's a beautiful looking pub. Yesterday we said who should we try and get Who is the iconic Ossie legend? Who would sound brilliant next Friday morning for the grand reopening. There was one name that came out above all the other names. Shannon.
Speaker 11: No, we have news, get guys, Nasi here and now I've seen the post and the dems are blowing up.
Speaker 4: I'm so I'm going to come down and try and help you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the Criterion, Holden pub next Friday and.
Speaker 6: Then to come down play some songs, maybe even the cover that you might like to say next Friday, the Criterion, howld and pubs?
Speaker 1: Are you there? Nosey is locked in? This is huge news, Shannon. No, we'll be playing live at the grand reopening of the Criterion Hotel. But what cover does he do? Let us know? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Shaddon Old live on the show next week at the gran reopening of our pub, your pub that the ultimate pub reno is up for doing his hits and he's going to do a cover. What should he do? A fantastically broad smagas board, charcutere board of various cuts being offered, beautiful, some of them make no sense. Hey, now look a lot of people are joining your campaign for horses. Okay, iconic AUSSI song, This would go down brilliantly there. This is a big favorite at the moment as well. That's quite any people saying it's a song about getting back on your feet. That's Tracy and Gary. That's this old pub up though as well. Very curio. I love for this, but I'm not sure it's the right for grand reopening. Who's gonna make the grave great. And it's Christmas.
Speaker 4: There is Christmas in July.
Speaker 1: That's true, just.
Speaker 7: That flower.
Speaker 1: Actually actually not the right month. What's not? What? Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Are we are?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm walking now, I'm walking. The train station, right, they've got a train station in Land. The train comes through twice a week, yes, not that often. Especially play Baby one more time? It will go off. Yes, Christian, what about Hotel California? No, because nosey could we could rework it hotel criteria?
Speaker 4: Itian?
Speaker 1: I know because there it's a chilling sort of song about you can never leave. Maybe not that Christian, and the runaway suggest at the moment is is horses. Also this, Oh I like him? What about Arms around Me? Good song? Community song, very true, very true. All right that listen. At first you're going to think this is a joke. It's not a joke. I'm serious. Just imagine this. So next Friday and when we do the grand reopening, we're going to turn it into a big party that show. Okay and rightly so. But at the heart of this is about two amazing Australians and that's Tracy and Gary who are getting ready to retire and they buy this pub, and they think this would be a great place to turn into a retirement home for us and our grandkids as well, and then they decide to keep it going. Never run a pub before Tracy gets a diagnose of having MS, and they still have been running it seven days a week, run ragged in a pub that really needs some TLC. They simply haven't got the money for that. So their story is the heart of all of this, okay, and this renovation. And right now there's King Richard, the foreman, their cyclone, the sign writer, all these people we didn't know a couple of weeks ago, who a lot of them are giving up their time for free to help out this part, okay, And so it's a it's a it's a community story. And when you think community story, there's a song really that I think bring this all together.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, no, just hear.
Speaker 1: So you got the lyrics. Bob opens up with Bob the Builder, Can we fix it? Bob the Building? Yes we can. Now original lyrics Scoop Mark, Dizzy and Rollo two, Lofty and Wendy joined the crew. We replaced that with King Richard and all the other people that worked really hard on it joined the crew joined the group. Just skimmy immediate feedback. Guys, you're in. I know, I can see see it in your eyes. I'm in, Pete, I'm in one, all right, Pete. Can you speak to Shannon's people today? How does he feel about doing a conversion of Bob the Builder? And then get back to me. Okay, we'll do. I'm sure it's one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, when you finish the show, the big live show at the pub, last song should be done by Shennon Noel. Closing time semi sonic. Oh actually is great producing. Well done, Adrian George. That is a great idea. All right, time for today's time waste, sir, I think you have fun with this one. Today is apparently World Pirate Day. Ah yes, ah, yes, yeah, it's gotta share like a lot of them Celtic. Actually today we're looking for your pirate movies and becuse pirates love simple minds and that's why we've lined up this double past of simple minds, Simple Minds Well special guests, Garrying hum and touring Australia next year. February twenty twenty seven pre sell from the eighteenth of June General on sound, nineteenth of June's to nineteenth June tickets available via destroy all Lines dot com. All right, Pirate movies, Hey being John Malkovich, No, I meant that one. Have we come back to that one? No, I've got it now, I've got it now, Sorries. It's because I've got my uh.
Speaker 8: Ye patch on.
Speaker 1: I couldn't see the punchline there being long John Malcolm ch.
Speaker 8: Silver Men who stare up boats, sword Fight Club, give me a medal.
Speaker 13: Anticipation here, Booty Nights, Yeah, Shimmer Timbers. Your favorite movie is Patch Adams.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 13: Whether the pirates got a version of that eye? Patch Adams's Gold.
Speaker 4: There's a gold and.
Speaker 1: Dude, where's me? Ah together?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, Blunder, thunder and gold.
Speaker 4: Alady Taylor, what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing like a child doing it? That's all Lowers. It must be great radio. Two guys growling at each other. It's getting around. He lost that. He pays a lot of money for that, and only fans anyway.
Speaker 4: About a hoy about a hoy about a boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that silver the hills have I eye. It's good. It's a slow but that's a good one. That's maybe that's good.
Speaker 5: The land Lover, those filthy land lovers, the landlubber before time.
Speaker 4: Ye wrong, Booty Booty and the Beasts.
Speaker 1: That's gold, all right, it's over, guys, It's okay, all right. What have you got them? Pirate movies? What have you got? I don't think my throat's treaded. Patsy's off today with a sore throat. I think she must have been in the pirate thing yesterday.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Time wast and while Pirate Day. We're looking for your pirate movies best and show. You have to go and see Simple Minds. They are touring Australia again next year. Jim Care and the Band still incredible live, so many brilliant songs. All right, Jess has got Me and My Soul and eye Patch.
Speaker 8: Davy Jones's Diary Gold, Tom.
Speaker 1: The Chippy, No, that was from Tom the Chippy.
Speaker 4: Good name.
Speaker 1: The Hell's have eye patches? Gold.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm just gonna do a normal gold shop plank Redemption silver buss.
Speaker 4: If I had a wooden leg, i'd kick you.
Speaker 1: That is just coming on. Character that is brilliant.
Speaker 9: Laura, Laura Harvey, well done, tas a plunder, Silver, Edward Cutless Hands, Silver, who Framed?
Speaker 1: Jolie Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 8: FROs Dash Booty German Pirates rasty.
Speaker 13: Ararta second Ourarata Rata Arata like avatara?
Speaker 1: What a believer voice is? Drunk? Now ery my left hook, my left hook?
Speaker 8: Silver Pass The Life of Pirates, Silver, Malcome.
Speaker 13: X Markster Spots, Uncle, Buccaneer, Sippo, I were getting the treasure?
Speaker 1: Silver, why nowse down the hatch?
Speaker 8: Silver and Jablooney dco Loony Blooney doc old great.
Speaker 1: Some spelt correctly as well, Gold, Diesel a Mazon. There's loads coming in. We definitely have to do an extra time tomorrow on the Pirate movies. Who is winning the Plunder?
Speaker 5: Simple mindstick walking the plank and going straight to simple Minds.
Speaker 4: If I had a wooden peg, I'd kick you.
Speaker 3: Weld Christian O'Connell show podcast
Speaker 8: Hi's a Chemist Warehouse And save more money every year on your regular medication with counter prescriptions in every store every day