Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to another day of pod labor Areta. You're here with the Fridgie and the Bear. The secret sound today is well, hold on of you know that secret sound. Let's check out what's happening in hollywoodd that's my radio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, how you going. Welcome to pub labor Rena.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's like the chump of boys from doing the traffic right right right.
Speaker 1: But most radio teams would be like two guys saying off color stuff and then you would just be the lady.
Speaker 2: Oh you boys, You guys are so funny. You guys stopping my tits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. This is a day four of opening week, qualifying week, qualifying week, and we've been opening week. We've been out and about on the grounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've been using our passes. You've been using your past.
Speaker 1: To get me into exclusive areas. I have been using Ionic Center as toilet exclusively.
Speaker 2: Whoa be doing in there?
Speaker 1: I've wrecked it for him sins of my own. No, but I did use the player gym.
Speaker 2: This is what I tell my friends about when I when I say I'm working at the AO, I'm doing the podcast and I have an all excess pass including good gime.
Speaker 1: Good game. Yeah, And they're like, what, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Can go out.
Speaker 2: I can go and work out in the player's gym. And I'm like, do you I'm like no, but.
Speaker 1: But my cast you've been working out the cash register at Shakeshack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's where I want to be.
Speaker 2: You haven't yet though, No, really, I said i'd do it yesterday, but I think it got a bit too hot yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't want to get a.
Speaker 2: Cheese burger in twenty nine degree heating.
Speaker 1: No, but if you're a listener who's visiting, no matter how hot.
Speaker 2: It is, please get around the shake shit.
Speaker 1: A triple stack burger from Shakeshack and a big strawberry milkshake to wash it down with in the heat.
Speaker 2: But I feel sick already, Yeah, and jump up and down. Yeah, and then vomit in the bushes. There's plenty of bushes to vomiting.
Speaker 1: I will not vomit in bushes, just in case your dad is hiding in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's always there.
Speaker 1: Chen who Chen who always lurking?
Speaker 3: He's always looking.
Speaker 1: I worked out in the player's gym, and let me tell you, it was intimidating as hell.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, so what do you bring into the players gym? Are you going full workout? Are you stretching? Are you warming up? You just feel on your way.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing my general uh, insecure vibe and beta male enthusiastmuh. They are doing crazy workouts. It's a lot of like older coaches shouting at young European people. Okay, and Maria Sachari.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, who played in the one point in the.
Speaker 1: One point Slam, and she is ripped.
Speaker 2: She is she is one of the strongest looking players on the second.
Speaker 1: Her head looks like a muscle. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just doing a headway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's doing a lot of down yeah.
Speaker 3: Just with her mouth.
Speaker 2: She's just like pulling the whites down.
Speaker 1: And I'm you know, she's there doing like box jumps. And then there's a Koboli was there, the Italian player and a bunch of others. Everyone is like in the prime of their lives, just absolutely shredded. And I'm doing assisted pull ups in the corner and I asked for a straw with my protein ship nice. I feel like, if I get comfortable enough in there, I'll just be like, hey, anybody want to spot I could spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you can spot people.
Speaker 1: I could spot people, But then what if I screwed up the spot and I, you know, end up injuring you know, a star player because the bar bell falls off their face on their ynx.
Speaker 3: It wasn't me.
Speaker 1: So you got to get in there.
Speaker 2: You got to get to get in there. That could that could be really good for me.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. I like when they do the tennis specific moves, like when they're throwing like a weighted ball at the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's a lot of that going on, a lot of a lot of legs stuff, which I should be doing because, as you've said, I have weird little legs.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that. That's just your internal money anytime you're in shorts, weird little legs, weird little legs.
Speaker 1: And I think it's been and it's been a wake up call for me needing to change my workouts to something much more.
Speaker 2: I think you've got to go in there with more of a plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, not just from not just be like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's real.
Speaker 2: You got to go in there with like a routine, maybe a bit of warm up on the bike and do some arms, some legs.
Speaker 1: Some proper workouts. Yeah, not just get on that one machine where you you know, where you spread your legs and make eye contacts with people.
Speaker 3: Really got to work.
Speaker 2: I think there's many other muscles you should be working on before your inner thighs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a Colin Skyle walking by while I'm making an eye contact on the legs spreader machine, show me.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 1: Here we are for another day at the Australian Open, broadcasting to you live. That's not how podcasts work. Keep that. We have a studio on the grounds of the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: We're in the mixn BBC Wide World of Sports liver Arena.
Speaker 1: We're on the grounds every day. I went to the little kids tennis court, the top shot and I absolutely dominated. Nice to feel better about myself after what happened at the one point Slam.
Speaker 3: I did so well at the one point.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I know. I don't want you to keep reliving what happened.
Speaker 2: With you in huge I know I should have been up there up there. Yeah, but it was a big night.
Speaker 1: It was a big night. It was a huge night. We'll get to the details and all that happened with the one point.
Speaker 2: Slam special guests.
Speaker 1: And our special guests. Oh, huge, huge teas, hit the big time, hit the big time. We have the winner of the one point Slam, the million dollars one point Slam, Jordan Smith.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there are any others. I don't know about your financial position all.
Speaker 1: No, he rolls, put his hand up. But I happened to know he just bought a house and he is now a hundred.
Speaker 2: Are yeah, exactly, yes.
Speaker 1: Ace Man. I imagine Aceman's probably tied up in crypto. He's got crypto vibes for sure. Yeah. But we are on the grounds every day. We are getting amongst it. Lizzie, you went and watched Bernard Tomic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we finished up here yesterday, I thought, one set to go, let's go. It was on one of the outside courts.
Speaker 1: He was already set down.
Speaker 3: He was already set down.
Speaker 2: I thought, come on, this is it and I went there, sat in the sun and look. I was only in the sun for about twenty minutes. I was concerned. I thought, should I put on some sunscreen? Should I go and get no?
Speaker 3: No needs?
Speaker 1: Aren't you getting bucketfuls? Of the mecca of free sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm bringing my own refill bottles. So what you can do?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty minutes or something. The other guy can't remember his name.
Speaker 3: He oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can, very very Yeah. The British guy.
Speaker 3: The British guy. He kind of dominated, did he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Bernie bowed out he bat the second round of qualifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to see him go through. I kind of had big hopes from my thought. Maybe he's going to make a comeback, right for real.
Speaker 1: Gone back to his orange BMW on the Gold Coast driving. He's out of here. Bye, by Bernie.
Speaker 3: By Bernie.
Speaker 1: That's sad.
Speaker 3: But uh, you'd been out and about as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I well, I've been watching a ton of tennis, but the Adelaide International is still on at the moment, and I watched Vukic. Oh my gosh, Alexander Vukech beat Vavasory.
Speaker 3: Yeah what this is a good time.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: So we're off the Tomic train, like we said yesterday, we're on team Vukic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think he plays Tommy Paul.
Speaker 2: What do you think can can he do it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And I'm a huge Tommy Paul fan because I identify with, you know, other cute Americans.
Speaker 3: Afro ju you're all.
Speaker 2: Was just like, that's a good but we're not having any of that.
Speaker 1: And then also today, I know the Draw comes out later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excited to that.
Speaker 1: We'll talk all things draw tomorrow. But huge news. Roger Federer is in our midst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the beat on the street.
Speaker 1: He's around.
Speaker 3: He's around today.
Speaker 2: Will we see him maybe maybe maybe we'll brush shoulders.
Speaker 3: With him or something.
Speaker 1: We'll get him in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get him dressed as a seagull. Maybe he was here yesterday. Maybe he's one of the seagulls.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: On the last episode, we interviewed an older couple in seagull.
Speaker 3: Outfits Highlight Korea Highlight.
Speaker 1: That was Roger Federer and Merca. Yeah, his wife.
Speaker 2: That's what they do for fun now Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're not furry? Is there feathery?
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's around today and he does famously have a meet and greet twenty thousand dollars for a handshake for a handshake, Yeah, and the tickets have sold out. Amazing is that I want to meet the people I don't want to meet Roger Federer. I want to meet the people who are meeting Roger feder and being like who are you? What makes you think you can pay twenty thousand dollars to meet Roger Federer? Like what is your life?
Speaker 1: They have a lot of disposable income, a.
Speaker 3: Lot for a handshake?
Speaker 1: Is that all you get? A handshake? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What would you do?
Speaker 3: What's your handshake? We're you just going like I do?
Speaker 1: Probably, yeah, I do. I try to be you know, badley and strong Gert. But then I'd give him the little tickle fever on the palm.
Speaker 2: I go real clammy, like real clammy hand. Yeah, maybe like have it warming up in my thighs that sounds round? Do take that out? Like maybe maybe I don't know, warming up underneath my armpit or something. And then yeah yeah, And then I'd come out and be like full eye contact.
Speaker 1: Right right, clam hands, old clam hands. Who yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: Or there's a two and a half thousand dollars option also, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What that gets you? A Q and A that.
Speaker 1: Sounds better than the handshake. The handshake must be as selfie as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you must be able to get herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but twenty thousand bucks. What would you want from feeder for twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: A private lesson?
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, that's good, like a maybe maybe pick a ball?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a bit of a hit, Yeah, a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a hit.
Speaker 1: That would be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work out in the gym, a date, Yeah, what I want to know? Yeah, you know, tandem bike?
Speaker 3: Tell me what I'd want?
Speaker 2: A tandem bike along the Yerra.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Yeah, that's very nice. I want him to whisper in my ear. You're good enough, you're smart enough.
Speaker 2: You're strong and black, beautiful. People like you, people like you. You know what? You could get him to record that on your phone. Yeah, and that could be your morning alone every Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, and I always it's my ring tone. I let it my phone ring out every every time. Yeah, that's special. The pod labor at tennis dot com dot au email is live. We're starting to get emails from people. Hit us up. Like I said, as long as it's nice and positive and uh not hurtful.
Speaker 2: Because yes, you know, you got suggestions, questions, you want to ask us anything at tennis dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Any updates on Taylor switch.
Speaker 3: We haven't heard back.
Speaker 2: We haven't heard back from them, either Taylor or Travis, but we've got a lot of emails from sweaty men wanting Mike to rub their backs.
Speaker 3: With sun creamy. Okay, obviously, what else.
Speaker 1: I'm not going in raw? Welcome back to pod laver Arena. Let's get into the headline calls huge, huge news obviously. With Jordan Smith winning the million one point Slam, we will be talking to him later. Crazy and playing the Ping Pong million Slam Slam.
Speaker 2: Well, we're getting the million dollars back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if one of us wins it, We'll see uh and tennis news from around the grounds and around the other tournaments. In the Hobart International, Emma Radikanu is back in form, taking out Camilla Asorio of Columbia six three seven six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Victory marks Radi Khana's first win since since September after struggling with a foot injury in the first weeks of the twenty twenty five season. You like Emma, Yeah, I love Emma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to see her fellow half Asian.
Speaker 2: I love any of you half Asian gol on the circuit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I feel like this is.
Speaker 2: A story though it's like since the win the US Open win, which was what twenty twenty one? Yes, Oh, it's always been like she's back, yeah, like what she's young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's here. Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 2: Always been the story of like she's back. And I guess if you start with a Grand Slam win, yeah, and then don't do much since, then that's the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm happy to see her back. Maybe we extend an invitation for Kanu to come in. Oh ye, talk to us during the Please.
Speaker 2: Come and hang out with us. We'll chat redica who.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah cut that cut.
Speaker 2: That cut it and they'll keep it in well cut it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Emma's back. She's doing well in the Hobart International.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: As previously stated, Bernard Tomic is out after losing in the second round of qualifiers. Uh. In sad news, Cocinacus has withdrawn from the Adelaide International.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but withdrawn from that, so hopefully he can still.
Speaker 1: Play the singles at the AO. Yeah right, and uh yeah, the draw comes out later today. We'll be going over that later. Like we said, you know, he's heard his shoulder, Cocinaucus. He fixed his peck with the you know, Achilles gaments.
Speaker 2: Dead man's achilles, dead man's.
Speaker 1: Achilles, and we said, you know, get that dead man's clue. Put on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Hmm, just one big old glute, one huge shoulder walking around.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't look weird at.
Speaker 1: All, not at all. This is a wild story coming out of qualifying. There's been lots of great matches in the opening week of the Australian Open, but Lizzie, I think we were talking about this just before the Sebastian Offner of Austria playing Bassavaretti, the American player insane scenes.
Speaker 3: Took me a while to get my head around.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well same with Sebastian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't the only one. At least I wasn't on court in front of a lot of cameras.
Speaker 1: I know, to set the scene. He was in the third set in the qualifying rounds. The third set, if it goes to a tie break, it's a super tie break to ten, win by two, to.
Speaker 3: Ten, win by two. Ykay, here we are.
Speaker 1: So he was up six to one in the third set tie break. He wins the next point to go seven to one. Most tie breaks are to seven. Start celebrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gets almost to the net.
Speaker 1: Yeah, puts his arms in the air in a victory pose and then gets told no, it's not over, back on your line. Yeah, And this is where things spiral. We eventually get to twelve eleven Bassi Alreadi and the deciding set tie break. He wins in thirteen eleven, but then throws the choke celebrations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he literally mime, well, yeah, does a choke on himself, looking at Off now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: He throws the choke celebration, seemingly saying Sebastian after massively choked yes from seven one. It was just really I think him in his mind that thinking you've won something and that it's all over and you're through to the next round, and realizing you got to win three more points at broken like that ruined his brain.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Yeah, it got into his head, But it was an easy mistake if you're used to playing normal.
Speaker 1: But these guys, their whole life is tennis. I feel like they should have known that it's a super tie break for a third set decider in the qualifiers, right, But I just think the mental release thinking he's won the match and then he actually has and he had more match points through the tie break after being up seven to one, couldn't close it out, bess of already you know, obviously he is now through to the next round. But then friendly ish handshake at the net.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I don't know. I didn't like the choke thing.
Speaker 3: No, No, I thought that was a bit mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He may as well like have done like a knife to this road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think that would have been more.
Speaker 3: More friendly.
Speaker 2: The choke, I feel like that that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of rude.
Speaker 1: It is kind of rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one on one.
Speaker 1: But I mean oftener I guess was the bigger man and shook his hand afterwards. And it's also a basketball celebration that's been around.
Speaker 3: Yeah see, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's still I.
Speaker 2: Mean, do they do that in basketball all the time?
Speaker 1: Well, I know Reggie Miller did it. Apparently in the playoffs last year, an Indiana Pacer did it. What's his name, Tyrese Haliburton threw up the choke thinking the Pacers had won on a three point shot.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you consider giving Susan Lemons the choke sign?
Speaker 1: You know, if I realized it was in my repertoire, I might have thrown it. I instead put my arms in the air and ran around the court the Goldstein Classic. Yeah. In other news in tennis, real quick, Milos Rayonick has retired. Rayon guy. He's a big guy, huge server, pushed the Big three in the most competitive era of tennis. He did, yeah if he was serving big and he was a tough to beat and was in the twenty sixteen Wimbledon final with Anny Murray. And I was in London at the time, really watching at a bar, and I think I was the only one at the pub actively going for Rayonic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just being contrarian. But I still like Melos. He was good to see around. Huge, huge serve. Yeah, huge man, huge man. And so he has officially called it quits. He's battled through injuries forever. And yeah, we'll be sad to see him go.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service, Thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: Literally. Yeah. Should we get to the one point slam? O, Yes.
Speaker 3: It's all I want to talk about today.
Speaker 1: Really, yes. So we had a big day yesterday and both watched the one point Slam that kicked off at seven thirty pm. What an event, What an electric atmosphere.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's one of the coolest formats to come to tennis, I think, and it created such interest. It was tense, and I loved watching the players watch on from the side. Yes, and like there's footage of Glitos just losing his mind. He looked like a little puppy. He was like, oh my god, he was like on school camp or something. It was cool to see them all hang out, I know, because obviously they do all hang out, but then and we see them on on screens, it's like the diversing each other. But they're obviously all great friends, and that was kind of cool to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, honestly, the tennis tour is like a traveling circus, right, They're around each other all the time. And we were saying before off air that it was awesome to see Merrit saffin. Oh my gosh, it's like the clear just alpha.
Speaker 2: Alpha dug in his way of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah proceedings, Like, oh, the players are in awe of it, you know, Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: He's such a presence. Yeah, and he's so.
Speaker 2: Much bigger than all of them, I know, not in like he's not fat or any He's just big.
Speaker 1: He's a big dude.
Speaker 2: He's a big dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we got him in here, I think I would be too scared to speak.
Speaker 2: I could, I could speak for you, but I've got a list of questions from Mike and he wants to ask, but he can't because he's gone mute.
Speaker 1: I've gone mute. And then but bring in the saponets, bringing you know, the.
Speaker 2: Ladies, eight blonde ladies to sit behind him.
Speaker 1: He was fascinating to see all the competitors in the one point slam. I loved Karl Stefanovic. He got through, He got through, somehow got through to the next run.
Speaker 2: I mean all of the jockey Yeah, he had obviously he's like an elite athlete and has won I don't know how many Melbourne Cups, so he had he had the killer instinct in his eye.
Speaker 1: Are we calling jockey's elite athletes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, really yeah, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: That's a little skill.
Speaker 1: I could sit animal.
Speaker 2: But he's at the top of his game, okay, and his game is being a jockey.
Speaker 1: Okay. I just love that jockeys actually have that voice, you know, they do I'm representing the Lollipop Guild. No, no, no, I don't want to create, are we. No, he's there elite athletes and he did very well. He got through and then played public one of my favorite players. Yes, and the height difference was crazy funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was comical.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Andy Lee, who I work with one hundred, was on. He really gave it the rough and Nadal running around.
Speaker 2: The course, yeah, taking off his jacket which threw his first opponent.
Speaker 1: Who was that club player? Yeah? Or was she a pro? Maybe she was pro pro? Yeah, Because the thing is what you get with the kind of the amateurs versus the pros or some of these celebrities, is you have legit millionaires like being competitive and knocking out people who have nowhere near the wealth.
Speaker 2: Or oh god, yes, so the stakes are higher for a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but the competitor of bone kicks in and everyone wants on their point and it's yeah, it's uh, it was like.
Speaker 2: A million dollars is what a quarter of the actual prize money if he won the slam? Yeah, it's a lot on the line, I know, but just one point.
Speaker 1: And we were in the mix.
Speaker 2: We we had the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we choked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just did chokes.
Speaker 1: Curios was very entertaining. He was giving his all. He beat some club player and like went absolutely nuts in a celebration, running nuts. Yeah, there was all sorts of people. I was not familiar with Jay Chow either.
Speaker 3: Was I but huge megas.
Speaker 1: Do yeah yeah yeah yeah, and he like got the biggest cheer out of anyone when he was announced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then half the crowd left when he didn't go for the shot.
Speaker 1: No, he was by very easy, the slowest serve.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I could have hit about No.
Speaker 2: And we love j Cha, We love Jcha getting on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want all j Chow's listeners or whatever followers to come across to Publady listening. Yes, there was also a huge streamer, Loser Fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, loser Fruit who they were calling come on Winter Fruit and I had to wins she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was pretty cringey. I mean she seemed fun and stuff, but she also probably less skills than the wild card entrant at the Nairobi tournament. Oh yeah last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think she played tennis, right. She gave it a go, she had she had a lot of aura about it.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was owning that court. Yeah, yeah, which she I guess you do when you've got millions and millions of followers online. I just looked up her stout. She's she's doing quite well for us.
Speaker 1: Jordan Smith worked his way through the competition the likes of Bailey Smith.
Speaker 3: You're everyone's really not.
Speaker 2: My really.
Speaker 1: With him?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, Bailey Smith is a hot throb of AFL.
Speaker 1: He's the hunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's hunk.
Speaker 1: He's not the tennis player, No he's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he beat That was the first.
Speaker 1: Win for Jordan Smith, and he went through Pagoci then Sinner single faulted. I mean, we'll get all to all of this when we speak to the man himself coming up very soon.
Speaker 2: But it was the best possible result for a competition like this. It was like an amateur won the million dollars and amateur won the Amateurs prize obviously, which is a car. Yes, and then Joanne Garland was running up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My favorite response of the night is when they asked French player Arthur rinder Kinnek why he went so hard on his serve if he only got one served and he was like, well, they say go bigger, go home, so I home.
Speaker 2: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it for the one point Slam. What an event. I feel like other slams are going to copy it.
Speaker 2: Now do you think do you think there's a trademark on it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like a trademark. Yeah, They're going to be all over it because it was huge for the tournament. It was good fun to watch.
Speaker 3: I mean, great interest.
Speaker 1: I should have been in there in the mix, you know that.
Speaker 3: Did you feel that when you were watching?
Speaker 1: I watched the guy who beat me he actually.
Speaker 3: Lost sitting partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his first point, he pushed a backhand long and I was like, I would have probably done worse.
Speaker 2: Next year, next actually, next year we should be hosting the one point put on the vision board.
Speaker 1: Would you want to be out there for three hours hosting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Lizzie, it's time to check in with your Ariyah account to see if you're getting in.
Speaker 2: This is going to be the saddest segment of the podcas I'm every day. Let's check in, Lizzie, still know.
Speaker 3: Still, let's have a look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still just this one old coach on the tour.
Speaker 3: This is it you got understood, Darren K Hills.
Speaker 1: You're you should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm a forty two year old woman competing with a lot of young, very good looking women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just I just don't think I can pete Mike.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And that track suit. You're gonna get more bikes than you think anything.
Speaker 2: I got a great personality.
Speaker 1: Do I have weird little legs? Little legs legs. I have to say one more thing on the pod before we get to our exclusive interview with Jordan Smith.
Speaker 3: Exclusive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not doing an interview nothing us.
Speaker 4: Just us.
Speaker 1: Just he said no, thank you. It was actually embarrassing when we're talking to him off air, he was like, who else have you interviewed so far? And I had'd be like a couple seagulls ahead of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're pretty big deal around here.
Speaker 1: I will say though, that I did see a picture. We'll try and find it and get it up for oh and get across the YouTube. Our audio only listeners, we love you and we appreciate you, but you're missing out on some great visual content.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're missing out on this tracksuit.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: That's true. You are missing out on that. But I did see a picture of hubye hrcats at the gym absolutely jacked your jim knocked the gym. I didn't see him there. I saw a picture of him on socials. Someone had posted saying Hubie is looking absolutely massive, and he is. So I just want to apologize to the great man. I've had nothing but respect for you. Their one lift the weights too.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I do the squat and the Romanian deadlift, but I look out. I don't want to slip and disc so I dig it usic all right, but no, you are Jack and we love you. And yeah on the.
Speaker 3: Show we will.
Speaker 2: We mentioned it yesterday Mike. The bracket challenge. Yes, if so, if you want to win some money and not just any kind of money, this is ten million dollars, It's huge, that's huge.
Speaker 3: It's ten Jordan Smith's.
Speaker 1: You could shake hands with Roger Federer.
Speaker 2: Fifty many times, you can give you can imagine what you could do for ten million dollars with Roger f Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: Well AO is launching a new bracket challenge for Australian Open twenty six with a ten million dollar prize. If someone predicts every winner in the men's draw or the women's draw before the tournament starts, which is Sunday, So you have to have your guess is in before the tournament starts on Sunday, before the first game, and you could win ten million bucks. Yes, it's the richest prize in tennis. We're going to give it a go.
Speaker 1: We'll give it a go.
Speaker 2: Are you going to do I might do the women's.
Speaker 1: Okay, you do the women's, I do the men's. Yeah, or should we swap it around? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, little okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know how confident I would be.
Speaker 2: It sounds it sounds impossible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's every single match picking the winner throughout the entire you know, but it's doable, doable. It's the early rounds that are the toughest. Yeah, because I don't know some of these names. I might have not ever heard of this coming out of qualifying.
Speaker 2: But if someone got the odds on it, I mean you could probably do a little chatchy.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, there you go. Is it encouraging Ai? She is already hedging her bets for our robot overlords?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean that might have a better chance than me it is the richest prize in world tennis, and it is powered by next.
Speaker 3: Whatever that is. We're not quite sure yet.
Speaker 1: We don't know. All right, should we get into the interview? Yes, all right, a huge pod labor arena. Welcome to the winner of the million dollar one point slam, Jordan Smith. I have to say, are you always this Smiley or is it just because you just want a million bucks?
Speaker 4: That helps?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, do.
Speaker 1: Smiley.
Speaker 2: Guy, you got nice teeth.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I did notice that on TV last night. I was like, guy's got nice tea.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you you played Bailey Smith in the first round of the final last night, did you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was talking to me and he was he was pretty nervous.
Speaker 5: I think, so now cool to yeah along superstar, so right, yeah, unbelievable just playing anyone, Yeah right, because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought I chose to.
Speaker 5: I won this his paper rock, and I chose to serve against Bailey as he sort of see on the screen here, and yeah, I had just sort of a little bit of spin on it and he framed the ball as I was glad that that shot went out.
Speaker 1: It's gotta feel good beating a pretty boy like that.
Speaker 4: Feels good. It feels good than anyone.
Speaker 1: I mean, not only Bailey Smith but obviously Sinners.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 3: How did that feel?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Unbelievable. Yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 5: He was really down to earth, wished me all the best, and yeah, I decided to again.
Speaker 4: I won this his paper rock there.
Speaker 3: What was your strategy with that?
Speaker 5: Do you have?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Originally, because I get two serves as an amateur so and the pros get one. So I originally was going to probably serve, and I did that against Bailey, but against a Sinner player, I didn't think I was going to be because I didn't want to go too risky on the serf, so I was probably no chance of acing or unreturnable on Sinner.
Speaker 4: So the rally would start. So I'm like, he has one one.
Speaker 5: Serve, he hasn't he hasn't served yet, and and even like Mevedev and Al, they're all very nervous and they didn't want to serve, so they all chose to return. Yeah, and all the girls as well. So I thought, yeah, I'll make Sinner. So luckily he missed the single fault single fault. Yeah, well, because we competed.
Speaker 1: In the one point slammed the day before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't make it.
Speaker 1: Well, I beat world number fifty seven, who's in laments, because I just threw the junkiest little slice.
Speaker 4: Yea to serve, did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just rolled it in and then I was able to beat if. She tried to drop shot me at the top of the table and then she was she was not happy really well because I ran around with my arms in the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah you didn't.
Speaker 1: You were very humble though, no big celebrations.
Speaker 2: I just didn't shot me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's not Yeah, it's not me. I like to just keep myself in smile and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my voice. I've done a lot of interviews, voices.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Breaking. Yeah, we were expecting the sabal anca, maybe the bicap case.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to fall to the ground or anything like that, but I just tried to look at my family.
Speaker 2: How you You did lose with the car? Yeah, that was no reckord and then I thought, oh my god, guys gotta like shake that and then try and win a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was crazy, Yeah, because it was Yeah, the last two Romanian amateur has got to play off for a car. The key and yeah, in hindsight, obviously it's perfect how it worked out. But again, after losing that point, I was disappointed and having to go out and play the final. And if I lost that, I would have gone away with nothing. So yeah, lucky that yah, Joana. She did really well. Maybe up to that stage she played some amazing points, so lucky she didn't play a great point against me.
Speaker 3: She chose to serve every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she did that in her other winds, so true, and she made the serve, so yeah, it went well for.
Speaker 1: Her, and then just shank the background.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she went for the line back in and yeah it.
Speaker 1: I know you've been saying you're going to buy a house with the the winning.
Speaker 4: In Sydney from some sort of house live in Sydney.
Speaker 1: I do live in Sydney, so that'll get you, like a studio apartment with black mold.
Speaker 4: Not much, So give me a few.
Speaker 5: More options to live at home with my dad and yeah, give me a few more options to look around, maybe a nicer area. Then you'll start the mortgage at least and help my girlfriend and I sort of movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, does she get a cut of the winnings? What's happening?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, for sure, here.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to get us something for sure. Yeah, disappointing with me.
Speaker 1: Have your socials been blowing up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my phone's c crazy. Yeah, there's like a thousand plus messages.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's.
Speaker 1: The weirdest person you've got a message from.
Speaker 5: Yeah people, Yeah, just anyone, uh, from from when I was younger.
Speaker 4: I couldn't couldn't answer that.
Speaker 1: But you're going to have third cousins coming out of the yeah, asking yeah, ask me for whatever.
Speaker 4: But they're all disappointing and congratulations. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great man. And you know we kind of mentioned before it's awesome to have you here on podlavor Arena. Thank you for having me, and you did say this is the biggest thing to happen to you in the last two days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty cool. First podcast.
Speaker 1: We have been doing a one point slam on the little ping pong table we have over there, and I think if me and you do paper rock scissors and then to see who serves and then we'll play on one point slam.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: But if you lose, I get the million dollars.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'll agree to that.
Speaker 2: The rules.
Speaker 1: We have been doing pain pong, are you familiar with Yeah, so we'll do that.
Speaker 2: So let's get the rules right with the rock paper scissors?
Speaker 3: Is it on four?
Speaker 5: Yes, so it's apparently yeah, it's it's rock paper scissors and then shoot yeah, rock paper shoot.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people who couldn't comprehend.
Speaker 5: That one because in Sydney it's normally seasons paper rocker. For me, it's on three. Yeah, paper rock on three. But I was just following everyone else.
Speaker 2: I was okay, yeah, all right, well let's clarify rules on four?
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, right, ready, all right, Oh, Jordan's wins.
Speaker 1: Jordan's wins, al right, so you got the serve.
Speaker 2: If Mike wins, Jordan gives him his million dollars and we're off, and Mike G is looking good. Jordan's oh my gosh, Mike G just won the one point slammer making ping pong and he's done the choke celebration.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what that means if that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh, and now Mike G gets to play sting pong with Jordan and yeah, you gotta you gotta pull your shirt up, and he's got Yeah, we're going Baskin. Mike G has a history of missing backs.
Speaker 1: Oh and he.
Speaker 2: Just missed Jordan completely. Oh that was an awful shot from mike G. But that's fine.