Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: What Blew Away? Samantha, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: Why are you Christian?
Speaker 2: Good month? I had a great weekends actually called in the show, so what blew Away?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in Geelong and I got a call from the Sees saying that there was a trampoline ended up in my backyard from my neighbor.
Speaker 2: Up the road, blowing down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ended up in my backyard. And all I said was to the Sees guy, not my dogs. But I wasn't worried about the dogs. First thing I said, is it jumpable? Can I come home and jump on it? But yeah, I lost my barbecue smashed. It's gone up the side of the house and my dog kennels went flying and my dogs were huffing and puffing.
Speaker 2: When I got cudda, this just sounds like the Wizard of Oce. What do you mean the dog kennel flew up in the air.
Speaker 1: Well, they flew, They chew plastic dog kennels and they ended up down near the clothes line. So you imagine if they were in there. I would not like to think if they were in there when that happened.
Speaker 2: I've never heard if not. Dogs sort of been blown up in the air and sort of down the road, tumbling along with the trampoline, dogs in their kennels.
Speaker 3: So that's sad.
Speaker 1: That's terrible, isn't it?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: And so how many doors away? Was the was the trampoline from the top end of the street?
Speaker 1: All houses down?
Speaker 2: Bloody? I was strong with the winds. Where was this? Then? That's chaos?
Speaker 1: It was pretty bad. I lost I've lost a few tiles and different things. And the guttering is a bit mangled, but that's all right.
Speaker 3: It can be fixed.
Speaker 2: Samantha, thank you very much. You kill me. I have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you to kristin Bay, Maria coom Oning gang.
Speaker 2: How are you where, Maria? What blew away?
Speaker 5: My son?
Speaker 6: When he went to school. We sent him to a private school and part of the uniform was a ridiculously expensive hat they had to wear. And about three weeks into his first term, he was standing on the train station and the wind caught the hat and off it went and it was rolling down the station and he went after it, and pretty similar to you in your cabana, he went rugby diving just as it was about to go off the station onto the tracks. Managed to catch it, but came home with extremely badly Gray's knees and elbows. But he said, I didn't lose my hat.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't lose the hat because no hat, no play shed all lu stream wind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it wasn't that's not a hat, Jack. It was a hat that they had to wear going to and from school. They didn't have to wear it when they were outside during during the day.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 6: Oh, it was ridiculous. They used to refer to it as the summer of Kubra and it looked like all al boater hat.
Speaker 3: How have I never seen these students work in the street?
Speaker 6: He was on the other side of town, Jack, you lived on.
Speaker 2: I think they'd go to school under the cover of darkness.
Speaker 6: You'd know which school I was talking about, and every godbody who goes there knows about it as well.
Speaker 2: They're still wearing the felt the coobra's today, are they No?
Speaker 6: I think they faced them out in the last couple of years. That this was about ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Amazing scenes, Maria, very funny story. Thanksgiving us to call mete. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast, asking you right now? What blew away? Good morning, Adam at work already, Christian. One of my early memories is the day we moved to Melbourne from Regional VIC. I was about five years old. To cheer me up about leaving and moving to the big Smoke, my parents had got me a yellow balloon. We're about to get in the car and leave forever. The balloon blew out my hands and took off down the driveway my feckless father. This is still obviously burns. This happened in nineteen seventy eight, my feckless father, which is a pucke. One day, my feckless father and uncle both gave half hearted chase. This still hurts all the way back in nineteen seventy eight, but an even greater gust of wind launched it further into the air and out from the driveway moments later, Christian. It was in the stratosphere. All during the two hour drive to our new home, my uncle would randomly point at non specific points in the sky and yell, there's your balloon. Each time I'd strained to look up and not see anything. Each time my uncle would tell me I just missed it. It's gone behind a cloud, before pointing again at some nonspecific cloud. I'm not saying that was traumatized or anything, but I'm forty seven now and I'm still thinking about that yellow balloon. Adamat bestless, restless father? All right? What blew away? Phil? Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 3: How are we?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're good. Feel we'll haping a great weekend? What blew away? Phil?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: I was down at the beach at Rosebud. My umbrella blew away and went about twenty meters and a couple of lovely ladies grabbed it, pully, and as they were wrangling mine, there's blue.
Speaker 1: Lots blow away.
Speaker 4: So I gave chase for theirs and.
Speaker 1: Then we're about two hundred meters sprinting bards try and get it back to this lovely group ladies.
Speaker 6: Who are somebody?
Speaker 2: What a scene down the beach to be watching that. It's just an innocent bystander, not involved in the frack arm.
Speaker 6: Will I spent running after attempts?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: It's hard giving chase anything in the sand. Brutal, It's brutal. It is fell, thank you very much, and cool mate, that's got a leanne here. Good morning Liam, good morning, An. What blew away? Ah?
Speaker 4: Well, we were towing home our canravan on the freeway at one hundred kilometers and the roof of the cantervan blew off. All the canvas around the side that connects to the bottom blew off, and everything inside the canvravan that wasn't nailed down also blew backwards, causing carnage all over the road and massive traffic jams and a great big mess.
Speaker 2: Ly So basically after a while you're just knowing, well, you're just having some wheels on you basically the act.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was like a trailer just been stripped away.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So what it happened was there a window open or something that let the air in and under the ceiling.
Speaker 5: No, no where you hooked it in at the front. The wind had caught that somehow. It was an old camp van and it started to lift it. And then being at one hundred kilometers, the wind just lifted the roof and it just ripped everything off and flew everything flying everywhere, and.
Speaker 2: Then you caused a massive, a massive traffic jam.
Speaker 4: Well car's just had to pull over everywhere trying to avoid the mattresses and everything that were flying out, So.
Speaker 2: Did you start to run around and get kick nacked?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we pulled over, and friends of ours that were following pulled over, and other people that had pulled over.
Speaker 6: We were all trying to clear it all off the road. And yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Absolute nightmare, Leanne. Incredible story though, thanks for thank you tomorrow on the show. We should just find out to speak a bit. Why did you cause a massive traffic jam seven years ago?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: People hate you, they don't care for your backstory. Well, while the car's broken down, if you've caused a traffic jam, you want to hide in that car? We went to be towed away? Have we got here? Kelly? Good morning, Kelly?
Speaker 3: Can i Christian? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good Kelly. What what got blown away?
Speaker 3: Well? We were sitting at a cafe in Regional Victoria, a new little shop that just opened, and my husband I thought we'd go and check it out. I'm sitting there having some breakfast and my husband went inside to get maybe some salt pepper, and I'm sitting there eating my lovely breakfast when all of a sudden, the gust of wind came along and blew the massive cafe umbrella over the top of the cafe into the car park and onto our car, a.
Speaker 2: Perfect landing, and the Chianges did not give it ten out of ten. Oh my god, Kelly, So what happened? Did it set off or smashing the nod?
Speaker 3: It did take off a bit of duco and we'd only recently sort of got the car, and I was just sitting there though too. I sat there and I didn't couldn't believe that the wind had taken the umbrella, so I just kept eating my breakfast like nothing had happened. And my husband walks out and I'm just there, no umbrella.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: You see the brolly take off and land on your.
Speaker 3: Own above me. It was above me, Chrystal. You know, I was sitting under this huge umbrella which she would have thought augusta wind wouldn't be able to lift it because it should be weighted down, and of course it obviously wasn't weighted down correctly, and it sort of went over the top of the cafe, so I couldn't really see where it went until my husband came out sees me sitting there sort of umbrella naked now and there we go and check the car and of course it's hit the car. It's gone up the street like it really took off, and our car has been damaged. And of course the cafe owners tried to get out of playing the insurance, saying it was an act of God, but saying, for you know, we got covered by insurance. We got our car fixed.
Speaker 2: Because you get a free breakfast.
Speaker 3: No we didn't go back. No no, no free breakfast, and we decided maybe not to go back in the recommend a cafe twenty one in case you know, similar acts of God may have occurred.
Speaker 2: Who knows, I opened a cafe called acts of God's part of the Third of Eating. You don't know what might happen to tornadoes. Kelly, thank you very much, she called my great story, no worries.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Christian.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast