Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more Gold podcast playlists and listen live on the free I Heart app.
Speaker 2: God Save Them, Path, Save.
Speaker 1: The Big Second week in Hellodearn at our Criterion Hotel. Some big thank you to the builder, King Richard we call him of Elite Portables Legends sign Writer Cyclone sign Writing is incredible, absolutely brilliant. Cucklone wanted to get you to do something for our studio Floring Keegan Anderson Florin Twoomba painter Barry from Elite Portables as well and the landscaping. The legendary Dennis Scott from Selling Houses Australia join us next week for the last week, the big final week of restoration and the big live show. Shannonoles singing live as we reopen this amazing pub. But right now we're doing a reno for a pub.
Speaker 2: God Save the Pub, Save the Pub.
Speaker 1: It is pab Reno the Onto parb Renna. Week two we are renovating an amazing Australian pub. Tracy and Gary of the Accidental Publicans, who is in Queensland one hour and a half our side Brisbane. It's called Heldon. There's an amazing place there. The Criterion that's the pub. We're doing up well thanks to four X. The pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four X. Last week we announced the pub and the thing is we are the people have been working so hard. They're really up against it. There's less than two weeks ago because a week Friday we are going up there doing the entire Breakfas show live from the pub for the grand re owning Tracy. Lift us this update over the weekend. Hi, Christian.
Speaker 3: The Renolds are going so quickly it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: T Iclone and Tony are going to finish off the signs on the pub.
Speaker 5: They're going to do a mural for us.
Speaker 6: They're also doing chalkboards to the cafe.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. Can't wait for the renos next week.
Speaker 6: Love Tracy.
Speaker 1: Now it's the Tracy. Good news that we're getting some local artists to do the murals because having lived here for eight years in Victoria, the standards some of those murals. It ain't great that credit house one. Come on, look looks like he's been an house fire. Jack Reevot shocking, shocking. I'm not entirely sure it's even meant to be him just a discent revolt we don't know about. You know, there's that third Hemsworth Pete Is it is that third one? Liam, Liam, Chris Barry the other one. And thank you so much for people who are offering to hal powers. Well, we've been in taking with the people who've heard about Tracy and Gary. They brought this pub two years ago to it into aim to home to retire in, and then when they really lose this how much it meant to the community and pubs are they're dying out. Sixty percent of Ossie pubs have gone over the last twenty years. They couldn't do it, so they've never run a pub in their life. They're at retirement age, so they've been running it seven days a week. Lesser. Tracy, who's got more energy than the rest of us, found out within two weeks of actually moving into this not pub now we're going to keep it running as weub that she's got MS as well. So people have really moved by this story. If you go onto a socials, you can have a look around, you can see all the work that's been done and just see they are just they're the best of Australians. Actually, they really are tracing Gary and you'll want to help them out in whatever way you can. Thank you very much the emails we've had over the weekend. Lisa Christian, my photographer and former country pub bartender over thirty years, please to see you guys doing this for the Criterion, which is a beautiful pub. Christian through Chocolate Scorpion Creations, I'd love to offer up to five hundred dollars worth of cushions featuring Queensland Bush photography designed to reflect the classic Aussie pub atmosphere. I can also build them all website because I know they haven't got that as well. I want to help the pub keep going over the next one hundred and twenty years. Lisa's part of your business. You also you can help us live to one hundred and twenty years. I mean that is long term planning, you know. You know people have to ask you where you see seven five years, one hundred and twenty incredible lazy. Yes, I'm part of them eternal life. Christian had to co workers, tell me what you're doing with this reno. We have to reach out. We can help. I work at Koloro. We specialize in shades, shad teales, umbrellas, whatever you need to keep the pub garden nice and shady for families and kids and the oldies. Well, Sophia, let me know if we can help. We really do need your help. Actually, now, the big thing we really need in week two is for the grand reopening. We need live music. What is a pub without live entertainment and live music? Yeah, obviously, because you know we're a big show, we should be to get a good musical act. Intern Pete Knew on the show work for twelve years, and Karla Jackieo the home of apparently all these big show biz interviews. He said he's got the contact book of everyone who's anyone in Australia. Who do we think we need to try and approach? Who do you think it is? Rio?
Speaker 5: I would love to see Vanessa Amorossi.
Speaker 7: I saw her actually at a pub a couple of months ago and she.
Speaker 1: She was working there. She was unnot.
Speaker 7: Meet Rapha Amarossi and then she jumps on stay.
Speaker 1: She's a double bread.
Speaker 5: Her voice is still incredible, maybe better than That's.
Speaker 1: A good show. She would You also got to think this is grand rix opening, so we want to be able to advertise to get a big crowd in for two weeks time when we do the big live show.
Speaker 5: Yes we need a big name.
Speaker 1: We need none Meigga than v A right exactly Assi Party. Who do you think it should be?
Speaker 6: I reckon it should be Johnny Diesel? Why not be a tip of my tongue.
Speaker 1: That's out of rock and room. This sounds like the kind of band you'd hear a covers band doing this. Yes, all right, So who should we try and get to play live at the grand reopening?
Speaker 8: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're renovating a fantastic pub in Australia, The Criterion heldon Queensland. Two weeks time. Renovation has to be over. We're doing the entire show. We're heading up there. We're going to be doing the reopening live on air and we need to bring live entertainment. Who should it be At the moment the number one person that people are demanding is what if this is Eurovision? Shannonole's your winner? Genuinely a runaway. There's more votes of Shannonole than any other artists of course, all right, going through some of the Texas, some of the other ones bachelor girl to batchelor girls scream country pub in Queensland. I'm sure they do. Someone's chucking a schnitzel at us from bringing them. They're not up there with Barnsy Barnsi and buses and trains. Is too know what it is? Whimsy, guys, it's whimsy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, going through the text now, Christian, I want a job on brick Laye. Okay, we'll come back to that in a minute, right, Christian. What about Thirsty Muck Yes, read live band Thirsty Michael Marcia Hines angry Anderson. Christian, what about the Rowan stuck own stunts. Well, that's a get, that's gettable, guys. You know it's it's fifty between the stones and.
Speaker 5: What I think most buzzies would still rather see.
Speaker 1: Nulsy Christian, what about Troy Cassady.
Speaker 5: You begin Queensland on Troy Cassady.
Speaker 1: Chris Man says, Paul Kelly would connect with locals. Okay you, Chris, Christian. I saw John Stevens Frida night at the Forum. Still incredible. John Steves would be great. He is still very very good. True Blue, True.
Speaker 8: Blue isn't me and you I love that song. Is it Mom?
Speaker 1: Is it Christian? That's one person who berthly captures the spirit of Nancy Parb. You've already said it. It's Shannon. No, that's Lisa joining the What are the man that's been too interim? Pete here? The man with the contact book? I mean, you must have the numbers or the managers of virtually everyone I've just mentioned.
Speaker 3: You literally had yelled out, and so I was looking at my phone as we go as well. It's so funny because do we mention guy Sebastian as well? I had his number, but then he's also someone that's had I save every single person's phone number, but he's had eight different phone numbers over the last fourteen years that I've known him as.
Speaker 6: Well, So I update them?
Speaker 1: Is that to avoid you? I mean, whenever I think Carle and Jack here, I actually thought he was part of the show. Guys. Smaster was on like every third show and a big, a big guest comes an eight A right guys to maast, Yeah no, because he just changes his phone park pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yea, I've got John Williams's number, We've got Marsha Heines's number.
Speaker 6: Angry Anderson's numbers.
Speaker 1: There actually genuinely is impressive. It's a hall of fame. You've got all the coats in there.
Speaker 3: It's a bit name dropping, but yeah, I keep everyone's phone numbers, even relevant ones and non relevant ones. Really at the end of the day, but I think every single one of those names, I mean, Shanna, No, he'd just be amazing live to be honest.
Speaker 1: He's what you need to do. You type out a text, you don't put anyone's name in it, and he cut and paste it and send it to all of those dear artist. Yeah, yeah, no, no, no, dear legend, that eagle, dear legend, massive, massive gig brackets cash yep brackets. Tax Man won't know about it. Can plug tour dates, merch, et cetera. Call me if interested. No tire kick is no time wasters legends only. Yeah. Perfect.
Speaker 5: That's how you get deals.
Speaker 1: You just wait for those offers to come pouring back in.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be so good Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, then, we haven't warm business to do. We've got to find a great musical act to play at the grand reopening of this pub that we've picked to do at the Ultimate pub reno, and we really are talking over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars being plowed into it in a under three week reno. I'm pausing as I'm saying that, because it doesn't sound right to do a renovation in three weeks. Even three months will be too short for reno. There have been people who've been working so hard. I have been given at the time for free to do this in between other actual paying jobs as well. But it's already looking amazing. I'm just seeing the photos of the sign. Cyclone was the man who offered to do this. Is a local lad up there listening to the show and he's something. It looks beautiful, looks awesome, and it's on some garish you know sometimes when they gut somewhere and make it shiny and modern, it loses all the original charm. In fact, I call it it's more a restoration. That's what we're talking about now. The number one person you want us to try and get hold of for the Grandurian to play live is genuinely Shannon. No. What are they imagine this? Two weeks time on a Friday, all the locals cranking up their Massey Ferguson and John dear tractors. Yeah yeah yeah, making their way slowly to the live show. Let me set off like next Wednesday or something. Crank up the tractors, combine harvesters coming across the fields. You think I'm joking ring and I've been there. It's ords and fields and fields.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's no roads.
Speaker 1: And then what an image? But then he hasn't got one song. Guys, come on drive the attractors, come on, barners. This is why they're driving over yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ye. People are getting real annoyed behind them. Gang out of the way. We're in the tour bus and got Nolsey put over farm Obama. I'm thinking, right, bang, hey he's got he's got so many big hits, such a Shannon. This is presume we get him. Okay, manifestation station, what are the bang?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: You got any more big songs? Yeah? I have, actually, guys, then he doesn't cover people by us?
Speaker 9: Oh sem Dusty sim Dusty yeah, yes, triblue and you know we're in Queens, so you have to change your colors.
Speaker 1: Sound beautiful now, Pete genuine, have you got any contacts? Intern? Pete? Now on this show. Have you got any contacts you must do with Shannon?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got contacts with Nolsey. We've got him directly, We've got management. So I'm we Yep, there we go. That's the sound that it makes. Sorry, I wasn't ready for that. Boys, ready I will, there we go again. Hey, I am mom happy to text Nlsey directly.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't put you out. I mean, are you so happy to do your job? Thanks God, I'm actually want to take a knee right now. Pray to the radio gods for dropping Pete in our lapse. He's happy to do this. Guy. Sorry, I know that didn't sound great, but I'm sure you didn't use stuff like that when your old boss was yelling at you to get guide back on. I'm happy did that, Carl.
Speaker 6: The good thing is Nlesy does reply to me, which is great.
Speaker 3: So I haven't spoken to him for probably over twelve months or so, so he's a regular reply so I think he'll be good for a reply.
Speaker 1: All right, the why don't we punch up a powerful text and offer of the year to Shannon No right now, and then you fire it off above the end of the day's show A dead is being done bigger than the Peace still right now that.
Speaker 5: Trump's don't do I've got I've got a what's.
Speaker 1: What's the opening? Get them with the opening line.
Speaker 5: I'll get him in with a hook and a pun. Go on, Nlesy. We need an at asap next Friday. What about you? Because he song what about me?
Speaker 1: I like that a lot racket haha, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's cover. Yeah, all right, Pete, you're typing this.
Speaker 6: No, I couldn't type fast. I've just repeated again quickly.
Speaker 5: Need need musical act for next Friday.
Speaker 1: Just realized. Also right before he signed his contract to join our show, Pete rang me and said, listen, I just got one concern. I can't type. I went, I'm not We're not not hiring an administrators, you know, like, what are you called quarter court stenographer? I don't worry about that now suddenly when it actually is really important, we don't want to Shannonel get it going with this barely sort of who is this robo call?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 6: The good thing is you can edit text me what about pe? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about we? What is who is this guy? All right? So what we just? What have you got so far need an act?
Speaker 5: Hang on, sorry, Nolan, need a musical act next Friday?
Speaker 1: On the phone?
Speaker 6: Sorry, can you text it to me? Old?
Speaker 1: Copy and paste it and actually, so what are we thinking? Then?
Speaker 7: This is say then meet musical act next Friday. Comma, what about you? Question mark brackets haha, so he knows.
Speaker 1: Thousands of our listeners are saying you are the ultimate pub act.
Speaker 6: That's really good. And I normally write xx on the bottom of the text messages. All right, four xes this.
Speaker 1: Time Suddeny's back in the game. He bord us back in. Well done, all right, let's send it off.
Speaker 6: What the.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: We have breaking pub news. Over the last couple of weeks. We've been our mission to your pubs. The pubs of Australia need our help. Then you do to go back to the pub. Sixty percent of boss pubs have gone they're not coming back. A couple of weeks ago, thanks to the hundreds of you that went online to tell us about your local pub, we go five thousand dollars to each to five pubs. Then we now sd a pub that we're going to give the ultimate pub of reno to over three hundred thousand dollars. It's an amazing pub. How a look on our socials. You can check it out in all the work that's been doing around the clock over the last seven days. It's called the criteria in hotels up in Heldon in Queensland. You will fall in love with the two accidental publicans, Tracy and Gary. We all know about We bought the Zoo. They brought a pub. They were going to shut it down and turn it into a kind of retirement home for their family and grandkids. When they moved in there, they realized they just couldn't do it. It would just take away the heart of the community, which is what these pubs are. So they've been running it for the last two years, seven days a week. They've never run a pub before. This is like a Jemy Clarkson documentary and we love them and judging by all the comments, you guys do as well, so we really want to do something right by them. At the end of next week it's the grand reopening and we're taking a whole show up there. We're going to be broadcasting live from a pub. But we need a musical act. We need an ossy icon, a legend We want the whole community to turn up next Friday morning for the Grand reowning to see it all. Now it's not so much a reno, it's a restoration. It's a beautiful looking pub. Yesterday we said who should we try and get who is the iconic ossie legend? Who would sound brilliant next Friday morning for the Grand Reowning. There was one name that came out above all the other names. Shannon No, we have news.
Speaker 10: Get o guys, Nasi here and now I've seen the post and the deans are blowing up. I'm so I'm going to come down and try and help you guys, Yeah, at the Criterion Hold and Pub next Friday, and then to come down play some songs, maybe even the cover that you might like to say next Friday the Criterion, howlerd Pubs. Are you there?
Speaker 1: Nolesy is locked in? This is huge news, Shannon No, We'll be playing live at the grand reopening of the Criteria in Hotel. But what cover does he do? Let us know? What do you think?
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Shannon No, confirmed guest. So he's going to sound amazing in that pub next week. Seriously, people, be so excited from around to come and see him early in the morning at grand reopening. Is this the strangest gig he's ever done? Is he had done a reopening of a pub before. Also, I tell her what, we don't need to high security. Have you seen how he's jacked enormous. He is like you know people in prisons when they just work, they're just massive.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, he's been at in the yard chopper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is security. And he's the musical act as well. I am so and genuinely. Yesterday we got more messages saying Shannon Shannon Shanno amongst all the other ones for Barnes as well, and all the other great ones as well on Thirsty Month, but Shannon's name was the number one name. So I hope you're really excited. He he will do an amazing job for Tracy and Gary and he's the perfect act to do it, singing live. So he's going to do a couple of his songs which amazed him. And he's also he've just had his message. He's up for doing a cover version, which will be amazing. It's our version of MTV Unplugged Shannon Nole sings. But what is he singing? What do you think?
Speaker 7: I think it's gotta be the most quintessential Aussie pub classic. Maybe it'll be a cover of a cover Darryl breikwaits Horses. Sometimes the most obvious choice is the best.
Speaker 1: Come on. I know Pats isn't here, but it fills up the spirit of Pat. Come on, row one oh one.
Speaker 5: Sometimes that's the best bread, the fastest route.
Speaker 1: What about the song that gets this country dancing? Nutbush? Shannon doing Nutbush in a pub, everyone would just like suddenly they're strangers. They'd all move as one like you do the moment. I mean don't know if you have secret classes at school for synchronized Nutbush.
Speaker 5: That is actually how I learned it in te class.
Speaker 1: You're kidding, No, Yeah, I did wonder because I remember the first time that it's actually for my wife's fifties. When we first moved here. You were there, a lot of people came around and we had a party for it, and I just played that song because we were and that much and either song was a song you want to hear. And the wife when I were horrified and suddenly we got pushed to the wall of the kitchen and like thirty people move as one. Yeah, it's like a flash mob.
Speaker 7: I wonder also if maybe it's in our DNA, like you, like a bird knows, you know where the homing pigeon knows.
Speaker 1: We know what attitude the nutbush Shannon doing this with those mega biceps and triceps and delts. Have you seen it's del toy delts are incredible? Oh deltyd gudrum. What about this, don't place? Here's a banger? Come on, this is a banger Shannon doing this is.
Speaker 5: Not exactly a Friday no way.
Speaker 1: Come on four X now little place with no don't worry there is four X Come on, It's gonna be This is great as well, Okay, and I like, but this is going to take some beating. Yeah, all right, what should Shannon No sing? Let us know what great cover version should he do?
Speaker 3: A little tear, Little Places a with no Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Shannon No live on the show next week at the granary opening of our pub, your pub that the ultimate pub. Know he's up for doing his hits and he's going to do a cover. What should he do? A fantastically broad smagas board, charcutere board of various cuts being offered. Beautiful, some of them make no sense. Hey, now look a lot of people are joining your campaign for horses. Okay, iconic Aussie song, This would go down brilliantly there. This is a big favorite at the moment, as well as quite any people saying it's a song about getting back on your feet. That's Tracy and Gary, that's this old pub up there as well.
Speaker 5: Very true.
Speaker 1: I love for this, but I'm not sure it's the right vibe for grand reopening.
Speaker 5: Who's gonna make the gravy great song?
Speaker 1: And it's Christmas? There is Christmas in July. That's true. Actually, actually not the right month's word. Excuse me? Oh are we are?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm walking now, I'm walking the train station there, right, They've got a train station in Heleman. The train comes through twice a week, Yes, yes, not that often. Christian, play baby one more time? It will go off? Yes, Christian. What about Hotel California? Oh no, because nosey could we could rework it Hotel Criteria? I know, because then it's a chilling sort of song about you can never leave. Maybe Christian, uh and the Runaways. Just at the moment is is horses. Also this, Oh I like it? What about arms around Me? Good song, community song, very true, very true. All right, then listen. At first you're going to think this is a joke. It's not a joke. I'm serious. Just imagine this. So next Friday and when we do the grand reopening, we're going to turn it into a big party that show. Okay, and rightly so. But at the heart of this is about two amazing Australians, and that's Tracy and Gary who are getting ready to retire and they buy this pub and they think this would be a great place to turn into a retirement home for us and our our grandkids as well, and then they decide to keep it going. Never run a pub before Tracy gets a diagnose of having MS, and they still have been running it seven days a week, run ragged in a pub that really needs some TLC. They simply haven't got the money for that. So their story is the heart of all of this, okay and this renovation. And right now there's King Richard the foreman, there's Cyclone the sign writer. All these people we didn't know a couple of weeks ago, who a lot of them are giving up their time for free to help out this pub. Okay, and so it's a community story. And when you think community story, there's a song really that I think could bring this all together.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, no, just hear this out my eyes closed.
Speaker 1: So you got the lyrics Bob opens up with Bob the Builder? Can we fix it Bob the Building? Yes we can now original lyrics Scoop, Mark, Dizzy and Rollo two, Lofty and Wendy joined the crew. We replaced that with King Richard Cyclone and all the other people that worked really hard on it joined the crew. Join the crew. Just skimmy immediate feedback. Guys, you're in. I know, I can see you see in your eyes. I'm in. Pete, I mean one all right, Pete, can you speak to Shannon's people today? How do you see it? Feel about doing a conversion of Bob the Builder? And then let get back to me. Okay, we'll do. I'm sure it's one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: Order three Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Did you know we're on a mission of the moment on the Christian O'Connell Show to save the pubs of Australia.
Speaker 2: Ye, God, save the pub.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago we announced in the pub that we are saving thanks to four X. The pub is calling somewhere between the first sip and the last laugh. It's always a four X. The pub is the criteria in hotel in held in Queensland. It is a beautiful pub. It's not that it needs saving, it needs restoration. It's a stunning, striking pub of proper out in the middle of nowhere. Pub that are and these are dying out. Sixty percent of bossy pubs have gone in the last two decades, so this is really important work that we're doing up there. Over three hundred thousand dollars being put into this place for the render, a lot of people giving their time for free. One of the legends of the place of calling Kim Richard is the foremant Richard his update termites.
Speaker 5: Hey Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 11: Just quick update on how we're going with everything up here. Our front bars, just to our painted boys have already kicked into the stage. We found a few termites, but we'll get that rectified pretty quickly. Probably add an extra day on for us, but we'll slip into it mate and get it done before the big opening. Other than that, we're on track. To get it all done, so looking forward to seeing you soon mate.
Speaker 1: And now we have a new legend, Dennis Scott's landscaper. Hi, I am Dennis Scott.
Speaker 4: I'm a TV landscaper with over sixty.
Speaker 1: This guy screams, TV just hands huh it does? This guy is forward facing. He's the next Jamy Jury here he sounds like him. Actually, Dennis, Hi, I am Dennis Scott.
Speaker 4: I'm a TV landscaper with over sixty on screen Crazy Renovations six super pumped to come on board and help out with the four X ber Garden, bringing the good vibes and family atmosphere back to a great old Queensland country pub. I can't wait they settle in and have a cold beer with you.
Speaker 1: Me too, Dennis, I love it, Big d sixty on screen credits. Showby's Royalty now coming there bringing the heat. However, there's only one Showby's Royalty. Yesterday we confirm the live musical act, so we're going up there at the end of next week. This all has to be done, which is why they're working so hard round the clock and why Actually, Termit's being found is not great news. However, he's going to rectify that you know what that means, some big flamethrower something being on some pesticidebin chucked down. So they do it up then queens, and they don't have any permits or anything. They don't have local council. Just do what you want. We were went up there a couple of weeks ago. They had a rodeo rodeo event in the pub car park where they told me a story as they were laughing their heads off about twelve year old getting chased by a ball, been on the ball. I'm doing very well and I'm not. I don't know if that's a funny story. He's going to be the mayor. Yeah, So we announced that the number one music actually we needed to bring some live music for the grand reopening. What's apart without some live music and the norm one person you wanted to play in a pub. It would sound great in the morning, get everyone going and everyone in the community really coming around, getting around the grand reopening of this beautiful pub. Who cried here in hotel Shannon No, Shannon no, now Knowles.
Speaker 4: I'm a team.
Speaker 1: He's taking control of the show. How hell that was terrifying. Dennis, Please just get your power of dry mate, we've got another nine nine days left on this. Dennis. Now he's going to do obviously, Shannon is going to do his hits. Of course, he's also going to do a cover version. This was the number one song you wanted him to do. Yesterday he said, Yes, what a show. It's going to be next Friday, the big live show. And to remember, get ready the Crazy crew are on tour. We're coming up there next Thursday. We're staying the night in a motel. You look like a sort of and we're all bunk better, aren't we? Yes, shuck on top. Oh, I thought that was mine. I don't believe it. So Pete, you're flying up today.
Speaker 6: So excited sight check today. I'll check on all these terms.
Speaker 1: I love that all those all those pros that have been working there for two weeks and ol Johnny come lately jumping on the band wagon. I did get some clips of socials and the talks.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. I'm not going to hear to tell them how to. I do think job's badys, but I guess it's just sort of check in.
Speaker 1: See how a couple of this couple of brush marks left and the painting made at the windows when I tuk another coat on.
Speaker 3: That, I've got my golden overalls. I'm ready to get my hands dirty if they need to. There's some weird things going on to the pub, like middle of renovations. I think there's like a wedding or something going on tomorrow as well.
Speaker 1: They told us about that. I don't know how the place is a building site, right, but I do those people know that the pub is being renovated.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but how.
Speaker 1: Termuch it's up your wedding dress.
Speaker 3: Sounds like we've got an extra hundred hands to help out tomorrow as well, which would be great on the renovation. So we'll get this done in seven days.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Have it look on our socials. Just have a look at this pub, what it looked like and then what it looks like already. It's transforming. It's incredible. Thank you very much everyone who's offered to help in various ways as well. If there's anything else you want to do, have a look at the videos cavalacor on Facebook or on Instagram the Christian O'Connell show. You can see them and also you'll meet the couple who are the star of this. They are reluctant publicans Gary and Tracy head to the Christian O'Connell Show. You find us on Instagram and Facebook.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell Show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's now cross live this pub that we've been talking about the last two weeks, The Criterion Pub in Heldon up in Queensland, is the pub that we are renovating. At the moment, well over three hundred thousand dollars going into this amazing rhinno. Lots of people working really really hard, lots of tradees. We've got termite inspectors, sign writers or a lot of them giving up their time for free as well, and they're really up against it. We're up there next Friday for the grand reopening. Since you've been away, Pats, we've booked shannono oh.
Speaker 5: I was looking at that on more so exciting, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's also going to do he's going to cover horses as well. Ah, brilliant yep. So Shannon no is locked in. So in turn, Pete travel up yesterday. He's live at the pub right now where because of the result of state of origin, no work has been done. I don't hear any hammers, just just beat that.
Speaker 6: Literally it is just me and I think the cafe.
Speaker 1: Is about to open up it as well.
Speaker 3: Everyone, I can just tell you right now is a little dusty in Queensland this morning.
Speaker 1: What a big win for Queensland.
Speaker 3: A very big night for Queensland, but a very big day here the pub which I did think there'd be a lot more tradings here because they said they'll be here at six a m. On the dot there's just look, there's you know, we're Atrician in the cafe who has just made me the greatest egg and bacon sandwich though now, and come on, this is really good and I know we're all here next Friday, but I think we may have found the world's best egg and bacon sandwich.
Speaker 1: And so the big win at State of Origin is obviously great for Queensland, however so terrible for productivity today. Yeah, they're still going to be hammering in that while Shannon Knowls is singing, excuse me, can you just bunk is there? So take us to what you can see right now? Where are you in that beautiful pub? And if you're into this story, go on to our socials, have a look on Facebook, on Instagram, wherever you like to go search up the Christian O'Connell show. You'll see some of the videos of the renna work, the restoration that's been going on over the last two weeks. It looks incredible. So how does it look now? Because you went up about a couple of weeks ago, just before Rio and I.
Speaker 3: That's right, I went up and you know what, there's been so much done. But I say with nervousness, there's a lot to do. They have done a lot, but there's a lot to do before next Friday. What have we got eight days, seven and a half days to go.
Speaker 1: They've got to be done by next Thursday night because obviously then they putting all the radio equipment in for the show next Wednesday exactly. So yeah, they have seven days ago and we can just today hardy a thing that's going to be done.
Speaker 3: Look, honestly, there's a lot to do today. But we've got a few struggles today. As I said, obviously Queensland one last night, so no one's here yet, but there is a wedding this afternoon, well at three o'clock, so we've got to get as much as we can down away.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is a lot for a wedding party to turn up to. I mean the last photos I saw while the floorballs being ripped up, they're trying to find the termites. Are there? Yeah, look in the wedding photos. Look, you got one foot on a floorboard, one on just on the ground.
Speaker 3: No, where's Digger. By the way, dig of the dog is already I saw watch out wandering around just going.
Speaker 1: To take down. The reason why there's no trades today, it's not because they got hungover, is that dog, Digger has taken them away somewhere. That zongbe dog. If it starts the teration. Gary said that it purrs, it doesn't, it growls at its next victim.
Speaker 5: It does, It has a horrible, horrible sort of.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners lived nearby, right and they went for a little road trip yesterday. They drove out to the pub. You're kidding. Nicole sent me some pictures off the front there which looks amazing, and they also said they went, you weren't lying about that dog, Dick looking fairsome and poised. You're that dog's bacon butty roll Pete, it's so good.
Speaker 3: Look honestly, Can I just also say, by the way, just a sneaky, peeky behind the curtain a little bit. There is a massive team that has put this together here for Gary and Tracy, and you can just tell already it's really staying to live. I think next Friday is going to be massive and the town is one hundred percent ready for this pub in a massive way.
Speaker 1: Also, I can tell you it sounds like someone else had a big night. Nice peat sounds a little bit dusty himself. You send us a photo of a bottle of wine that was in your hotel room, Yes, theay where you're staying at the question to Woomba, I'm guessing it's gone. Look yeah we yeah, all right, we get it.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now in term Pete today. It's in Queensland where they only listen to some big hangovers.
Speaker 6: You there, peek, Yeah, I have lots of hangovers here.
Speaker 1: That sounds like, so you're one of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, I'm good. I'm very good.
Speaker 3: I've been I've had a very busy morning actually to be fair like, I've actually been helping the trades and bits and bobs and the soil.
Speaker 1: Sat there eating another bloody roll that's been shoved in your part.
Speaker 6: Adams is doing some mol stuff.
Speaker 3: I've been doing a good job this morning, right Adamah, Sorry.
Speaker 6: I should have gone to someone a bit more believable. No, we've just put in.
Speaker 3: I've been taking We've got morning tea soon. By the way, I've got to get three snis.
Speaker 1: Do you like to take sugar?
Speaker 3: I'm just basically keeping them happy in a reunabout way.
Speaker 1: Sounds like, yeah, three hours they've already been lifted up by the Manchi that is in tern pete going on here. Why don't you tell you one first of all where you are and what you're doing there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course the Criterion Hotel here in Halden now Regional Queensland. It is an incredible place itself, but it has been having the makeover of a lifetime. Of course, we are going to be unveiling this live on the OLP. Sorry, someone's doing a burnout run.
Speaker 1: I thought it's your backside. You know that many bacon egg rolls it's going to start repeating, I know.
Speaker 3: And can I just say they have the best egg and bacon rolls in the world.
Speaker 5: There you go again, signs you're in the country.
Speaker 7: There's people doing burnouts at nineteen am there.
Speaker 1: I know it's a big win, but come on, guys, trying to get a radio cross here.
Speaker 6: Sorry, guys, very unprofessionally.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on because we've also got the wedding this afternoon, so we need to be bumping out of the construction site by about ten thirty this morning to then set up for the wedding. We'll get the wedding out of the way and then they'll restart the renovations later on this evening as well, so there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot they can't be like stopping or downing tools during this wedding. What they've done twenty minutes of work and it's down tools at half ten.
Speaker 6: I know, right, But we also need let the pain.
Speaker 1: There's so much to work to do it. There must be so much to do with the reno before. They've only got seven days left and it's the granary opening. Shannon Ole's singing live. We're doing the whole show up the next Friday.
Speaker 3: It is, as I said, I'm quite shocked. I got here last night and I was like, it looks amazing what's been done. But there's a lot to do and there's a lot of people to be involved. So we've got about sixty five guests at the wedding, so I figure a paintbrush each and we can probably make.
Speaker 1: A good point lea time. Yeah, look great in all the wedding photos. And what are those termoits in the background now, Pete, what a small thing, big joy for you?
Speaker 3: Well, small thing, big joy obviously for me egg and bacon roll having one, but then when you get another one.
Speaker 5: That's what I had this morning till there.
Speaker 1: Nights they are good. I was sort of when you sold that you were going to take a day off basically to go up there for the night and we have to pay for a hotel for you and an hour and a half Uber trip that we've also been stung for as well. And then another one today as well was the fact that you were going to help out and work. So far that work is eating two bacon and egg rolls and nothing else.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just want to take a moment and say happy birthday someone very special on our show, and that is a woman right now, Karen Warner. She'd be driving the trades hard right now in our pub Renner, because this time next week, our breakfast show is live from the Criteria in Hotel, this amazing pub that we're renovating at the moment in Queensland up in Helendon, and Karen Warner is the legend that's been overseeing all of it. And without Karen there's no pub Reno. There's no way in this short time we've got that it will be done. She's called in favors, she's threatened people. She knows where the bodies are buried because she's buried them. She is a very powerful lady. If there's King Richard the Foreman up there, every king needs a queen and we'll bow down to Queen Karen. So happy birthday Karen at the Pubble look forward to singing next week for a four x of course. Atosia birthday today and as sixty five as well and still going strong.
Speaker 5: It looks great she does, she does.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned next week for the big one, the big reveal, as we go live from the Criterion in Queensland next Friday to all of Australia to unveil the big pub Reno. Shannonol sings live Christian O'Connell's show go On podcast