Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast Last Weep Their Life. Hey, guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with Hannah and Lawrence from MKR, which started last week on Channel seven. I always loved catching up with Hannah and you guys might remember me talking to her when she was on Big Brother, which is also on Channel seven a few years back. I honestly felt that we hadn't seen the end of her story, and it's really fantastic to see her back on television again. Hannah will talk about how she was cast, whether she applied or if she was actually approached. We will talk about the love story with Lawrence and how they got together. I will discuss the last two weeks of her watching the show back with Lawrence and now seeing what the other participants have been saying in their pieces to camera and whether or not that's offended either of them. You will get everything from if she was able to keep this show a secret from her Big Brother family, which judges she liked more out of Colin and Maneu. Guys, there's actually so much to talk talk about. With so many inside revelations, So sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of MKR Australia, which you can now catch up on on seven Plus. Hello, Hello, Hello, I'm also here. Hi.
Speaker 2: Then hell are ya?
Speaker 1: I'm so good. And I was expecting it to be louder, Hannah, because I was used to being louder.
Speaker 3: You know what, if the house next to me wasn't so close, I would have been a lot louder and I would have been shouting.
Speaker 2: But I'm a bit too noisy.
Speaker 1: I always wondered how you were single for so long because I thought men would be able to hear you a block away.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what it.
Speaker 1: Is that, Lawrence? Is that what you responded to?
Speaker 4: Yes, I just I saw the birds fly out of the trees, and I was like, hang on a minute, and then I just followed the echo.
Speaker 2: Then hot Hannah appeared in the distance.
Speaker 1: You know, That's how I know it. But yeah, Hannah, that's how I know you. I actually know you as hot Hannah because you were like the most attractive girl on your series of Big Brother.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, shut up, Yes, heay telling Lawrence how hot I am?
Speaker 5: To tell me? Any more.
Speaker 1: But you know, Hannah, it seems like a lot has changed since we last spoke, and that does mean you, Lawrence, how do you feel like the last time Australia saw you you were locked in the house and now here you are on MKR.
Speaker 3: Oh, honestly, I'm so excited to be back on TV and it's such a different experience. I've now loved up, got the love of my life and I'm cooking and it feels the real to be honest, What.
Speaker 1: About you, Lawrence? Is it so real for you? Are you still locked in?
Speaker 5: Oh? I'm one hundred percent locked in.
Speaker 4: I think it's that's walking into this show as a new experience with Hannah already doing something along the same lines like and knowing that no matter what, we're walking out together.
Speaker 5: So for me, it's just yeah, it's just an awesome experience, Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Was Hannah being annoying though, being like, you know, I've been here before for hair flick, I understand reality TV and sort of teaching you or guiding you.
Speaker 4: I think actually I would say she was actually really good about it. She could have been way worse, more of like a man's plaining sort of situation. But she just like just helped just guide the process, and I trusted her fully too. I just said, look, you know this world, I don't. I just at the end of the day, Hannah's best advice was just be who you are, and at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that we love each other and that we're in this together and it's an amazing experience.
Speaker 5: And we just kept going back to that when the times got tough.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that it literally melts my heart. I don't know whether to vomit or to cry.
Speaker 5: Oh, just let it out.
Speaker 2: It actually makes me stick. How much I love Lawrence, So yeah, vomit.
Speaker 1: I love watching the two of you. The dynamic between you looks so amazing. I do want to ask you, though, did you make Lawrence watch Big Brother?
Speaker 3: Do you actually want to know a secret? I've never actually fully watched in my season and Big Brother.
Speaker 2: So no, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I think Lawrence is that interested in watching my own Big Brother.
Speaker 5: One of the other I've even watched anything.
Speaker 4: I think there's a few articles that Hannah laughed about and showed me pictures and stuff. But yeah, I just I look at things as like, unless it's something that informs our relationship, or it's something that you want me to know. Everything I need to know about you is happening like when we're together now and family and.
Speaker 5: All that sort of stuff. So I just haven't looked at it.
Speaker 3: But all my big brother crew are behind me for this show, like we're in a group message and we all still chat and they all messaged me last night and they were watching, which is beautiful. So I've still got that great connection with everyone from each brother, which I love.
Speaker 1: I heard that. I heard that you're in the group chat. I think you sent a photo at some point that was quite cryptic and it melted the chat down because you didn't explain what you were doing, but it was very clear that you were doing television again. And then everyone, oh yeah, well obviously fucking jealous. I mean, Kieran's probably still crying about it.
Speaker 3: Tell anyone. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing. I was like, I think I sent a photo in like a makeup chain. I was like, yes, where I am, and then I just gave no clues.
Speaker 1: I think I heard about it. Well, I mean putting that aside, I do want to ask you about how you both met. I mean, the genuine connection is very visible on screen. So I'm assuming that there's some sort of notebook storyline, you know, a bit of a backstory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a unicorn.
Speaker 4: I think there were doves we happened to, like just the whole universe just made it.
Speaker 2: Happens, just a line us.
Speaker 1: No, it was.
Speaker 5: It was just one of those really.
Speaker 4: Cool experiences where it's not through tech. It's not through technology. I've never used dating apps, every dating app under the sun, so she wouldn't have foun she wouldn't have found me anyway. Basically, my roommate at the time, who's my best mate? She is dating Hannah's brother, and so this whole thing of for months, I'd heard about this family dinner where Hannah is this huge character, constantly talking very loud. And then one day Hannah had enough and she basically said, I just want I want a guy.
Speaker 5: I want him to be nice ball and I.
Speaker 3: Don't know what I had some sexy you name it. Also six foot, he's got to be over six foot. If not, I'm not even looking at him.
Speaker 4: So she couldn't get all that list, but she got most of it, and basically my friend brought came back from family dinner and was like, Hannah's actually keen.
Speaker 5: I've seen a picture of you. Let's make this happen.
Speaker 2: I was so keen.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is on cong As soon as I saw that picture, I zoomed straight into his face and I was like, he's it.
Speaker 2: He's the one. He's so hot, climb a tree.
Speaker 1: He's so tall.
Speaker 2: I love it. His height got me too. Well.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is, here's like a little inside story. Hannah has built her house and that one of the prerequisites for the main bathroom is that the shower.
Speaker 5: Head had to fit a six foot plus dude in it.
Speaker 4: I remember I walked into that shower and was like, this is the first time a shower head doesn't hit my head.
Speaker 5: And she's like, that's because I manifested you.
Speaker 3: I planned this. I've felt my house so I could marry a tall man. Everything's for a tall man, because I need a man.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Colin yesterday about you, Hannah, and I was saying about how your best friends your grandma, and I said, I think that's because your grandma's got hearing aids. She can turn them down so that you're.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 5: I listened to the podcast this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well great, I loved it.
Speaker 5: You had nice things to say, though cold love that guy.
Speaker 2: I haven't listened yet, but I'm going to today.
Speaker 1: Oh well, there's a listen. That's what I need. I need all the listeners I can get. So, guys, I want to know how does MKR come up for you? Like, were you approached, did you apply? Did you want this to be your hard launch for your relationship for the rest of Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was planning the hard launch now.
Speaker 3: I got approached and I pretty much said to the casting agent.
Speaker 2: I gave him a few watchs.
Speaker 3: I was like, I can do it with my auntie, I can do it with my best friend, or I can do it with my partner. And then he got back to me he's like your partner and I was like, yes, secretly, I always wanted my.
Speaker 2: Partners to do it all along. I actually call him Loven. That's the name.
Speaker 1: All being weird if we start calling him lovernce, No, we love it.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't need to take off. Let's let's keep that.
Speaker 3: No, it's taken off with me and at my work. Keep it he just approached me and then yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Just went from there, Like I obviously I love eating.
Speaker 3: I love food fridge in my life. I wish I looked more into the show that before I went in, about realizing.
Speaker 2: How much cooking you're gonna have to do. There's more cooking than eating. So uh yeah, there was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was probably the best experience I've ever done, and like being out to do that with Lawrence, Like we got to travel around Australia. We pretty much had a food festival around Australia. Like that was, oh, oh my god, like could anything be better?
Speaker 2: And with Colin and maneu I.
Speaker 1: Love the scream by the way. I mean I think I heard the scream as you were recording that day. It was very loud.
Speaker 4: What's funny is some people online are like just like, oh, it's so fake and no on screams like that.
Speaker 5: That is literally Hannah Lawrence did. Yeah, we didn't know when they were coming in. We had no idea when they were coming in.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden you turn around and there's Colin Maneue, and then how to just.
Speaker 3: Drop the I get scared really easy, Like Lawrence always scares me at home and I just drop anything I have and like scream.
Speaker 2: He needs to make a montage with me screaming at home. Oh God, that sounds good.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we'll.
Speaker 1: Put that on a true crime podcast. What makes this show the right fit for the both of you? Because you kind of let something like, Hannah, when I thought about you doing this, I thought she's going to be great tasting other people's food, not so great at cooking, and you kind of have just teased us with a bit of that. So what makes you both the right fit for the show?
Speaker 5: I don't think I am the right fingy you.
Speaker 2: So I passion for food and I think since we Lawrence, you can talk about it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I think it's more.
Speaker 4: When I like it was this situation where Hannah just kind of came home and said, how did you feel about doing MKR? And I was like, Hey, I've only just started cooking because of you. This is a whole other level. This is not just cooking for your family, This is full blown top chefs in the world, and then the whole of Australia watching, So there was a lot of fear there and then it was just a thing of well we do love food. We definitely love food. I've got a new found love for food since meeting Hannah and her family. So then at the end of the day, it was like, okay, what scares us? This as us and we're very much both. If there's one thing we agree on, if saying scares us.
Speaker 5: We just go do it, jump out.
Speaker 4: And we've got very different, very different cooking approaches. Hannah is, don't measure anything. Everything's going to be okay, instinct only, don't look go for it. I'm obviously very new to cooking, so I'm very much like, what's the recipe? Say how many minutes? What's the millimeters? And I hate that.
Speaker 3: And we didn't realize that we filmed the show. Oh my gosh, we should have cooked more together because our cooking starts to bite chalk and cheese, and I tell you what, it creates a great to scene.
Speaker 1: I was kind of expecting, though, at some point that you were going to get out like a cake of two minute noodles and the two of you were going to burn them. But oh, that's not what we do.
Speaker 2: We're not far off, so I feel like we wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Be far off.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we for us two like learning to cook, we out of everyone in the competition. We have been cooking together the least. And what we produce is we are so proud of ourselves. We look back every single day now and we're like, I can't believe we did that, Like we are so happy and so proud of ourself. We just we just can't wait to see we can't make the show Australia what we cook.
Speaker 1: My earphone just dropped out. I'm like your grandma now without my earphones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you need them around me.
Speaker 4: I think it's because your headphones ran away that Jessica bells are too high.
Speaker 1: See Lawrence, this is why you're good television, because you have a very good sense of humor. You know, guys, the show is notorious for its dynamic personalities, and we have seen heroes villains. I'm curious about how you fall into it when it comes to the personality type.
Speaker 4: I think, to be honest, I've said to Hannah because like obviously big Brother was in the in the past, and I spend day and day out with her and every day there's something funny to watch. She says, something's funny. She's just such such an interesting human being that, like I just go. Her dynamic is to bring some entertainment and I was happy just to watch.
Speaker 5: It was so fun. I think Hannah's definitely for me is the energy and like.
Speaker 4: To be honest, everyone on the table is beautiful, Like obviously everyone has their opinions, but you know, you're not all meant to get along. In a normal situation, not these characters wouldn't all be sitting at the.
Speaker 5: Same dinner table.
Speaker 4: And that's what makes it so interesting and fun to watch because you've just got people that are from all different walks of life, different perspectives, different personality, and you're stuck at a dinner table feeding food.
Speaker 1: Hannah, do you have any conflict with anyone? Like how do you go like you and your best behavior?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Do you know what my problem is? My mouth? And I did put my mouth into it quite a few times.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to watch this space because let me tell you, I'm not very quiet at the table.
Speaker 1: Sonya said that you have come in like a god on a stick in the first episode. You know, because you're filming all day, you don't know what's going to go to wear, and then finally you get to see what people are saying to their camera. What did you think about it when you were watching it this week when she made that comment, Oh.
Speaker 3: I love it, God want a stick it? You couldn't explain me anymore. That's great.
Speaker 2: That's how I actually picture myself on a stick that's.
Speaker 1: Hot, Lauren's no question to you on that one.
Speaker 5: On the freid week, no answers on that one.
Speaker 1: We'll step to the side and ask you something more PG. Which is Manu or Colin Lawrence? What have you got for me? Who is your favorite chef? I don't want you to say that it's both. Oh that's brutal, brutal.
Speaker 4: I love Colin.
Speaker 2: I know it's not about me, but Colin fight.
Speaker 1: That's great with lock.
Speaker 4: If I was having a lads night out, it would be Colin. If I was having a family dinner at.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take that. I'll take both of those. We're running out of time, and I have two more questions for you. What is something that you guys are excited about watching that you filmed that we haven't seen yet. Can you tease us with something that you guys are a little bit excited to watch.
Speaker 2: Our instant restaurant. Okay, honestly, out instant restaurant. You guys are going to die.
Speaker 3: It's insane and what we pull off watch this space if you.
Speaker 4: Want to see two people going for it that aren't used to cooking together, that's the episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's I think that sounds like your only fans account, but we'll leave that as well. What is something from behind the scenes? And Lawrence, you can take this one if you want. What is something from behind the scenes? Something that we as an audience who have loved and watched the show for years.
Speaker 3: When we're not filming cooking, we are practicing back at our hotel, cooking, cooking, cooking.
Speaker 2: That's all we do. We practice and.
Speaker 5: Then we film and I'm opening a lot of windows to let the smoke out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm obsessed with the two of you guys. Can I just say I'm so excited about this adventure for the both of you. I think, whilst cooking might not be your strongest suit in this deck of cards, I do think that you're very entertaining and Australia is going to fall in love with both of you and I can't wait to see where this You know, where this story goes.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, hopefully next time interview interviewing us for our wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, well have your own little what Martig and Jess get married? Okay, well, there's a good reference point. We will. We'll come back for Hannah and Lawrence getting married. I think that's a plate a two hour, a two night special.
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, we need five nights the whole work week our wedding.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we'll all be there for the five nights, but I'll definitely be for the after party.
Speaker 5: Oh you're more than welcome.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, thank you so much for being so generous. Enjoy chatting to the media about the show, and thank you so much. I really appreciate.
Speaker 3: Its nice to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Pers well, I know, it's so nice to hear your voice. And I turned the volume down only halfway. I thought I'd have to turn it down more than that, but.
Speaker 2: Oh, good, good, that's good to hear. You're a llegend.
Speaker 5: Thank you you guys.