Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, this morning, we want to talk about destroying the evidence when you try to cover something up, whether you try to hide it, but when you're trying to destroy the evidence. This is happened to a front of yours. This is amazing, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Did you guys ever get an f at any time during your schooling? Of course, who've got a few fails on different tests and report cards. My friend Mike was such a goody two shoes at school. He got one f and his tire in schooling year, took the report card, hid it from his parents, and when they were out later that day, he took into the backyard and he burned it.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's uli.
Speaker 2: So this on and then we're looking for your stories when you've destroyed the evidence.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 2: We're talking about destroying the evidence when he tried to hide something or cover it up.
Speaker 4: Patsy, you've ever done anything on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I remember, Presly once chewed one of our internal.
Speaker 4: Doors and then we joke about this dog. But I'm telling you a dog that whose doors.
Speaker 3: When I picture the dog, his back is brushing against the ceiling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like a pony. He's beautiful.
Speaker 3: So what did you do? Hide the door?
Speaker 5: So I thought Chris was at work. Luck like, there was a big hole in it down the bottom. I was like, oh my god, Chris is going to hit the roof. So I went up to min to ten, up to Costas and got some putty is that what you call it? Puddy stuff? And one of the yeah, filler that was it, and all the tools. The guys helped me out and I tried to do a botch up job, and he said, like, shove some newspaper in and then I.
Speaker 6: Was ver.
Speaker 4: That with a car, it's like a big circle around it.
Speaker 7: And they missed.
Speaker 5: They even mixed up the paint to match because we had none left over. Anyway, Chris got home and I'd cleaned up and he goes, smell it smells like paint, and I said, oh really. Anyway, he didn't find it for like two months. I reckon it was a pretty good job. Yeah, no, I didn't because he had to redo it.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 3: I've got a great example that I just remembered of my friend and hide evidence. In high school, he never ate his sandwich. Every day he would be in it, but on the days he'd forget to be in it, he would panic as he was getting home and he'd take it out of his school bag. Didn't want his mum to know he didn't need his sandwich, and as he got home he would thraw it on the roof of the house. Years later, years later, and they had to get repairs on their roof done. The rufer found all these moldy sandwiches still in their cool rap.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Destroying the Evidence.
Speaker 1: Catherine, come morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 7: How are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good Catherine, are having a good week? So destroying the evidence? What did you do?
Speaker 7: Well? I was nineteen living at home with mum and dad and they went away for the weekend. And what did I do? I decided to have a party. Of course, more people came than was expected. It was a bit crazy, and mum and dad were very anti alcohol and all that sort of stuff, so I had to clean the house in a mad panic. The day asked open all the windows, pumic gates.
Speaker 6: Do all that. Then I thought, oh no, what am I going to do.
Speaker 7: With the hundreds and hundreds of bottles all these people brought, and Mum and Dad were coming back the next day, so all I could think of was to do was to go and hide them in the budgy house in the backyard.
Speaker 2: This is like a watertight plan, isn't. Our brains are still developing. I would have done something exertainly similar, thinking this is genius.
Speaker 3: That's all taking care of you.
Speaker 4: Ever have to worry about that again?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was thinking, one day they're going to go in the budgy house and go what are all these bottles doing that?
Speaker 4: So I got budge an intervention, my little chirpy friend. No one is so happy in here.
Speaker 7: I got up at five am and I snacked out in the dancer put them all on my elderly neighbor matre strips.
Speaker 4: An elderly fool guy. Last process. Well done, Catherine, very funny.
Speaker 3: I got away with it all right, Catherine, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: You killed That was pretty that was great. Justin good morning, justin.
Speaker 6: Oh right, Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good? Justin so destroying the evidence? What did you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Look, before I started, like, don't condone to say a few years ago, I was sharing a house a university in a share accommodation, and one of my roommates was a rachophobic. To put it lightly, he was taking care of business in the talk in the other room and I heard an absolutely cheer panish so obviously ran in to see what was happening. And what had actually happened is a huntsman had crawled under the door. I found him cowering in the corner with the with the bug's brain. And what he'd actually done is soaked the huntsman in obviously as much slice for as he possibly could, but then thought, out of sheet panic that it might be a good I need to actually light the flight pray like a flame thrower to get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Now she wrote down sharehouse stories, there's no good story sharehouse.
Speaker 4: This is an average Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right. So I came in just to catch the very start of it. So he actually lit the flas pray. What actually happened is it looked like an old nineties cartoon where it hit the floor, and because he had doused the floor in so much flight pray, it turned into a fuse and the ignition point was the spider itself when across the floor lit the spider into a ball of flames.
Speaker 4: So we came to Asian orange on the floor.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what it was like. And the whole floor was on fire with the obviously the bring poor hunting. Do we manage to put it out? Albeit there was a massive hole in being an old seventies house in the vinyl. So what we had to do with our imagination and we are, for lack of a better idea, glued the taller brush holder to the floor to hide the evidence.
Speaker 8: And right, look, it wasn't the hole in the middle of the bathroom and you put the you.
Speaker 4: Thought the best thing was to do was to glue the toilet roll holder the floor.
Speaker 6: It was about two foot from the tourlet. Yeah, so it wasn't the most concealed location. So we start the taller brusholder to it. Ten years later we still didn't get a call from the landlord.
Speaker 4: Justin great story. Thank you very much, thanks thanks goo, good morning, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh Tanya, Hello, what have you got that about destroying the evidence?
Speaker 9: It's a sorry that huntsman. When I was about eighteen, parents for hours one night on shick that outside. The back door was not allow the smoke obviously, so I had this plan that when I hear the car pull up, I will just put it out and go inside. But of course I panicked when I heard the cup. I ran through the houses to lit cigarette, so of course bringing the smoke inside the house, ran out the front door, threw it out the front door, and then locked file was fly spray, so I just downed the house to fly spray, and then when I walked in, I just said, oh, there was this big blow flap and trying to kill it, and I was trying to run trying the spray this blowfly that obviously I was just trying to mask the cigarette smoke so that wouldn't touch me, and they never did.
Speaker 4: All right, Well done, Tony, thank you very much for cool.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast