Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast. My fifteen year old daughter went back to school yesterday. If your kids went back to school yesterday, you're lucky people. She came home yesterday and I haven't seen that happy in a very very long time. It literally altered her dna. She said. When they all had to go in and had to go in a bit earlier, I was trying to settle everyone down. She's never seen so she's almost sixteen, so you know, she's been in schools both sides of the world, so she's you know, she's got a good take on what it's like at school. She said, she has never seen such scenes yesterday, as they said the noise was like a carnival, as kids actually were running, running, skipping, cartwheeling into school. And I said, so it was like at the start of a new school, Yes, she went, No, kids are happy to start new school. You' worried about your new classmates and your home teacher and all of that. She said, no, no, no, the noise, the hub ub you know, and she said it was incredible. The teachers obviously just weren't ready for She said the teachers were all like staying too next to each other stop.
Speaker 2: Teachers are out numbered really when you think about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so perhaps you'll have this very very soon when the soon.
Speaker 2: Enough Christian not soon enough? Yeah, that would have only been half the school, right, yeah, causing that much chaos, and then the other half goes back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yes, teachers having sleepless nights already, you know just the field what happens when they're all back? So yeah, Now Jack has a question for us today.
Speaker 2: Before I ask it, let me ask you first. What did you have for dinner last night?
Speaker 1: What did you have? Pats? Oh, we had, Mike shall mean last night, very nice. Lots of cabbage. Oh no, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the selling ingredient.
Speaker 1: Ye are you making school dinners for the local school or something. Why would you put cabbage in chowmain? I mean you have a little bit in there, but lots of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I put about half a cabbage in last night and it was Honestly, it was the sweetest cabbage I reckon I've ever eating.
Speaker 2: It was delicious. Doesn't have any of nice sweet note you're talking about a cabbage like its mouth water. It's always just stock filler.
Speaker 1: Do you have like an asp out there. You know you're buying into a cabbage while you're watching The Golden Girls, like it's a Granny Smiths or something. Cabbage for dessert, Please, Mummy, more cabbage, This delicious sweet cabbage. Already loves it.
Speaker 2: It's one of our favorite dishes I make.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't judge. Yesterday it was one of those Oh no, I haven't done the grocery shopping yet. That's today. It was what's in a cupboard? You know that patsy where you've got to try and rummage around it. So this is what I managed to put together. Baked potatoes, tuna, mayonnaise and melted cheese. So I just about got away with it. There's something quite wholesome about a baked potato. It's all looking fine, Yes, there's a couple of baked potatoes, but there's something quite earthing and wholesome about a good old baked potato. You have loads of proper butter in there as well, that melts into it. First of all, with that little lattice kind of crisscross you have to do. The butter goes right into the core of the baked potato.
Speaker 2: I'll speak as passionately as you just did about the tuna and baked potato. About the meal I had last night? Did you have bacon and egg and cheese roll on a fresh breosh bun that Bianca picked up from the market. I love a breakfast for dinner. It's all of a sudden, you just get this giddy feeling like we're all the rules are out the window, and we're allowed to have a breakfast food for dinner. And last night it was eggs for me. But we'll sometimes do a pancake for dinner. And if Bianc is out, she won't have this as a dinner. But if Biank is out and I'm home alone, I'll do a cereal for dinner.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, okay, a couple of things here. Everything's moving very quickly at the moment, so I just need to throw it all down. The egg and bacon breosh role winner. Yeah, I mean that's so. That's the dinner of a king, all right, that's the Minchael Jordan of dinners. There. Everyone is a winner when you're having that amazing what's the next one? You spoke of?
Speaker 2: Pancakes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Biank is not a big fan of pancakes at night. But because I grew up with pancakes as a dinner, it was allowed in Now.
Speaker 1: At the Wonka factory. Were you raised by mister Walker who grew up with pancakes for dinner.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about a pancake parla savory pancakes. I'm talking about your rus sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh wow. But don't you find that for someone who's got like a tiny tum tum like a bird tummy. They're quite heavy thing. You know, one or two pancakes, you fut up? I'll only have one, right, okay? And then you mention about cereal.
Speaker 2: Cereal is when Biank is away and I'm home alone looking after myself.
Speaker 1: What you'd have a bottle like Coca Pops a half seven the evening putri grain. Now it feels like a Richard Curtis movie, right, that Bridget Jones when she's been dumped, she's having ice cream. She's having cereal in the evening. You know, those big oversized socks on, and your baggies on, and a jumper that used to be his that still smells of him. It feels it. Actually, it tastes.
Speaker 2: Cereal tastes better at night. There's something about it.
Speaker 1: That yeah you know what you mean. Yeah it does so, Yeah, it's a strange thing, but the reverse doesn't work.
Speaker 2: No, there's no place.
Speaker 1: Cabbage in the morning, to be honest, that you can have cabbage any part of the twenty four hour clock Christian O'Connor show podcast Cabbage. I've actually just quickly chucked into Google cabbage facts to see if there's any eight awesome facts about cabbage. I reckon you could chuck anything into Google like fun facts about and someone who knew there were eight or not just eight facts about cabbage, but eight awesome facts about cabbage. One ancient roots. Patsy's a cabbage fan. By the way, we've just established this when we were talking about if you've just chuned in, by the way, you missed the gripping link. Earlier we were talking about, well we had from dinner last night. Yeah, we're still going strong off for two years cabbage. You see why they got me out here. Fun facts about cabbage. Cabbage has been cultivated for longer than any other vegetable on record, to be precise, more than six thousand years. It's originated in we go back to China, like tea last week and shen Jong it was the emperor was sense province sometime around four hundred BC. It is also a very powerful elixia for baldness. I guess it's also a cheap wig. It's also a lovely snack. It's a healthy snack at thirty three calories per cap.
Speaker 2: And that's not an awesome fact.
Speaker 1: It's not an awesome fact. And it's certainly not an awesome snack. No one is at eleven o'clock when they go, oh, snack time over and what have you all got today? And you suddenly get half a cabbage out of Oh, I shouldn't like a moment on the lips lifetime we have. I think we've got some cabbage callers on the line now, coming to Patsy's defense, Jeffrey, good morning, Good morning cabbage.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love my cabbage on more for Patsy.
Speaker 1: Mate, really, So what you have at regularly or often?
Speaker 3: I have a for lunch, mate, I'm having a for lunch today at work, mate, I have it with cabbage, rise and mate and live drops on bob.
Speaker 1: Mate. That's quite a nice So that's a nice big lunch you got there, I mean mine the chops and the rice sound lovely minus the old monkey, old boy? Is it boiled cabbage? Yes, it's the worst form of it when it's all sweaty. Isn't it like an armpit?
Speaker 3: You can also have it with tuna corn in a roll.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. I couldn't think of anything worse than tuna added with cabbage. That's unbelievable. Jeffrey, thank you very much. And cool is a good d Thank you mane uh Jane, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Hell are you? I'm good? Cabbage?
Speaker 3: I adore really yeah, and I'll tell you why the recipe thirty seconds, I promise. Okay, I'm a food teacher. I've been cooking cabbage for over thirty five years, honey, and I just can't get enough.
Speaker 1: Honey. It's almost like I get the fingers being japped into my chest. Right now, honey, this is a cabbage thrown out the floor is yours. You've got thirty seconds off you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So you swinge your cabbage. You pop it into a five PM, a little bit of good quality unsalted butter, a bit of olive oil, crash garlic, and you just saut it like you would onions, you know, and then you chuck in farm your dice, bacon, give it a bit of a toss room, a bit of cracked pepper, and off you go and serve that with a nice piece of roast lam. Do you like mussels sprout?
Speaker 1: I do when they're shredded and they've got something else that entirely removes the taste of brussels sprout.
Speaker 3: I roast them, or do them the same as I've just done the cabbage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roasted, beautiful everything else, Yeah, all the other bits. Take out the case, specially to get with the cabbage, to give it back to the grosser.
Speaker 3: I haven't convinced you, cos is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Costal is really nice. But cabbage is revolting.
Speaker 3: But that is cold cabbage.
Speaker 2: But again it's it's you're putting so much in there, cabbage, yes, hidden, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I know that.
Speaker 3: Passy and I are right to have a good day.
Speaker 1: I said, good days. You win nothing chinie.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, Jane, see later, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Good bye you too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: What did you fall out with? The listeners? Almost two years in the show about cabbage, Christian i'connell the Christian O'Connell Show,