Speaker 1: The Rising Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples. Today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello, my loves, and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. I have a bit of a bonus episode for you today. I know we're going a bit rogue at the moment just with the opening of the R and C project, but today I had the absolute pleasure of interviewing another gorgeous woman who has completed and really took bold action after completing the RNC project. So today I am chatting to Alana. She is a wife, mama of two and a small business owner. So Alana launched her business after completing my course. Her business name is Hey Mama Co. They do the most beautiful baby goods. Ivy has her mat and bib and little feeding bowls and just so precious, totally gorgeous colors, very esthetic, but you actually use. So she just has created such an increditible business and she actually launched this during maternity leave from her corporate marketing job. So oh my god, she wears so many hats. And it was just incredible to chat to Alana and hear how she started her business being a new mom, how she really made big changes and just went after her dream life so unapologetically. It was just it was so incredible to hear from her. So that's what we're getting into today. Alana is telling you all.
Speaker 2: She also really.
Speaker 1: Touches on the transition of becoming a mom, because like me myself in my transition with Ivy, it's just like, I don't think enough people talk about what a transition it is, and it's, you know, truly like a death of your old self. And so even if you aren't wanting to start a business, but you know you're maybe just wanting to find yourself as a new mamma, I think you will get so much value out of this episode. So we chat about how she started her business, how she really turned her life to Alana kind of describes it as you know her life is fine, but now she feels so intentional, so purposeful, so like lit up. It was such incredible conversation. It totally filled up my cups. So I know you guys are absolutely going to love it. Let's get straight into the interview.
Speaker 2: Alana, welcome to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm so good? Thanks for having me on today. How are you going?
Speaker 2: I am good, very excited you're here. You said you're a little bit.
Speaker 1: Nervous off air, but I assure you it's going to be like a convo with girls, So do not stress.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: So tell us, Alana, who are you and what do you do?
Speaker 3: So I am Alana. I am a wife, mum of two little ones.
Speaker 4: I have my daughter Daisy and my son Hatson, and recently, I am a small biz owner. I recently launched my business Hey Mammaco, whilst on maternity leave from my corporate job.
Speaker 3: So I have lots of hats. I'm a busy goal myself, but yeah, loving it.
Speaker 1: I swear I must just attract busy gals because I'm such a busy girl myself.
Speaker 4: You know, like, if it's not Chaotic's like if I got too much time on my hands, I'm like, yeah, this is boring.
Speaker 3: Like I thrive off the chaos.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I said that to Tim the other day because I was having like a mini mental breakdown, and he was like, the alternative is you're not that busy, and I feel like you would like hate that, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I know, it's so true. I'm such a sicko.
Speaker 1: I totally thrive off the stress and then I complain about the stress.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I always say to myself that pressure produces diamonds, and I'm absolutely that kind of person.
Speaker 3: I need a bit of pressure to produce the goods.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love that.
Speaker 1: So I just want to first of all, say, before we get into the episode, how you're running a business with two children. I can't even fathom that right now, just with Ivy being like even seven months old.
Speaker 2: It's just how do you do it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Look, I am winging it. I am winging it all honestly.
Speaker 4: Even last night I think I had about four hours of broken sleep. My son is sick, so it was just like chaos.
Speaker 3: But you know, we just roll with it and.
Speaker 4: Just go with the flow and if some days I feel like I kill it in the business and I do great, and other days I lean more into family because that's what needs me.
Speaker 3: So look, you just do what you have to.
Speaker 2: Do right one hundred percent. And so how old are your two babies?
Speaker 4: So my daughter is three tomorrow, Daisy and Hudson was seven months I think on Saturday, so super close to Ivy girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, beautiful. And do you have plans to have any more kids?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, Like I'm a bit of a sicko, because like I'm one of those people who are like, oh my god, this is so hard, I'm.
Speaker 3: So tired, but I could go on more. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I'm done. I think it's time. I think it's me time now, like it's time to focus on myself and the business and that type of thing. But look, never say never hang how about your hard questions to you.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of the same where I know we'll definitely, you know, we'll try for a second because you know, Tim definitely wants another one. I before Ivy, I was like, I'll definitely have three kids, and then now since I've had Ivy, I'm like I would honestly be fine with one.
Speaker 3: Oh, look, I totally get it.
Speaker 4: Daisy was like find me like she was super Coliquey screamed, I swear, like the first twelve months of her life.
Speaker 3: So it was super tough.
Speaker 4: But as a mom who's been through it, I can assure you it gets better.
Speaker 3: It gets so much better, and it gets into a whole sense do it again.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's honestly what's happening right now, because Ivy was the same. The first six months was just like really tough with her colic and stomach issues and just yeah, she just wasn't a happy baby. And then now it's like I have this new baby and she's so happy, and I do find myself going, oh, I would love for her to have like a sibling.
Speaker 2: Or you know, I'm getting I'm getting sucked in. I'm getting sucked in again.
Speaker 1: And then the other day I did say to Tim, I would actually love to have you know, if it depends. I think if the second one isn't a colaque baby and it's like a beautiful, easy baby, I might go for a third.
Speaker 2: But if the second one's colaqie, I probably will go. No, I'm done with this, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Like in on Relate, I remember thinking, like, my god, if I get another colaque baby, I'm probably gonna die. But look, I manifested a calm and happy, beautiful baby boy, so it can have I can tell you it can happen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is one hundred percent what I'm manifesting. All right, Alana, do you want to tell us what round of the project you were in and why you signed up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I was in round three of the project, which was January twenty twenty one, and literally I still still to this day. I remember the conversation I had with my girlfriend when she told me about the project.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's so.
Speaker 4: Common for moms when they go through motherhood as particularly as the first time mom, like motherhood picks you up, choose you up, and spits you out as this like new version of yourself. And it really made me personally question what I wanted out of life and how I was spending my time and was I really kind of living my best life? So I feel like at the time I was returned to work from my corporate to my corporate job, and I guess yeah, I just really started to question if this was for me and if there was something more out there, I guess I kind of had this like logging feeling that there was something more, and then I read about the course and literally it spoke straight to me. It spoke to everything that I was kind of questioning in my head about wanting to get clear with what you want out of life and everything like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just jumped on it.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was for me, and you definitely gave me the confidence that I could have this amazing, extraordinary life and I could build whatever I wanted to and achieve whatever I wanted to out of life.
Speaker 3: So I thought, I'm all in.
Speaker 4: So that's exactly why I signed up, and that's kind of what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: That is so lovely to hear that you had a girlfriend who told you about the course and you know, recommended it, because it just makes me so happy because obviously I want everyone to get like the most amazing transformation, so to have like a close friend I actually recommend it, it just warms my heart absolutely.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I tell anyone and everyone about it. It is literally exactly what they say. All the reviews are like one hundred percent spot on. It is life changing for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate that, my love.
Speaker 1: Well, do you want to chat to us about what your goals were when you started the project and how they started to come into fruition once you know, you got into the project and started the inner work and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So. I always, from a really young age kind of had.
Speaker 4: This niggling feeling that I wanted to have my own business, but I took the corporate route, kind of did the corporate thing, was climbing the corporate ladder all of that.
Speaker 3: But I knew that deep down I would love to have my own business.
Speaker 4: So I went into the project kind of knowing I wanted to explore that further. So I went in knowing I wanted to start my own business, but what I didn't know was that the what's the house and all of that. So what the project really gave me was getting clear And I feel like throughout the weeks, I got clearer and clearer and clearer on my business, and ultimately, I guess what I wanted out of life.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting Because obviously I'm very upfront in regards to you know, this is not a business course. I'm not teaching you business.
Speaker 1: I'm teaching you like the energetics of like how to live a better life. But isn't it so interesting that so many people finish the course and then go off and like, yeah, you know, create businesses and side hustles and you know, make these big life decisions.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But I think it's because what you're teaching is the mindset, right because and you've mentioned it so many times on your podcast about limiting beliefs.
Speaker 3: When I started the business.
Speaker 4: I got flooded with limiting beliefs of I can't do this, I don't have enough time, I don't have enough money, I can't do this on my own, I don't know what I'm doing. And by starting the business and simultaneously doing the course, I had all the tools to kind of break down all of these beliefs and really rewrite the story, and I guess pick a new belief about what I can achieve. So I feel like this course just gives you such confidence and the tools and the self belief that really we can do anything we put our mind to.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: And it's also like I find it so annoying that they don't teach this sort of stuff in school, because like you said, you can really apply this to everything. And that's like, I'll have people who start the course who you know, they're not even thinking of starting a business or a side hustle, and they do that or it's really funny. I actually just interviewed a woman who started, like, bought the course and focused her goal on just gaining followers, and she gained over one hundred k followers in I think it was a span of like four months. And then you have people who just focus on, you know, a track money, and it's crazy that you can use the same set of tools for multiple things.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Like I know it's probably like a little bit controversial, but I swear I manifested my son, like I got a baby and a.
Speaker 3: Business out of the course.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let let's talk about that, because I remember it probably was at the time that you did the course, but I don't know if you ever heard.
Speaker 1: Actually no, it would have been the fourth round, not the third round. But I put out a podcast about how I manifested my pregnancy and I got it is it's controversial, but I truly believe you can manifest anything in regards to it can be a materialistic thing like money, house, car, starting a business. It can be, you know, to do with abundance, but then it can also be to do with health. Like I truly believe that I manifested, you know, finding out about my implants and getting them out, which made my health so much better, and also manifesting my pregnancy with IV. So no, it's not controversial at all. Well it is, but let's chat about that. Tell us how I manifested your baby boy.
Speaker 4: So this was my second valve. So I feel like what I learned from the course was one about sitting in the vibration, so sitting in the feeling. And I think because I'd been pregnant before, I knew exactly how it felt.
Speaker 3: I knew all the endorphins and everything like that.
Speaker 4: So I found it actually really almost therapeutic to kind of meditate and sit in that feeling. But more importantly, the course taught me to kind of surrender and let go, to be super clear on what I wanted and then leave it up to the universe type thing. And as somebody who did have a struggle to feel pregnant the first time, it was, it wasn't actually a limiting belief for me that I could for pregnant again and I couldn't have this happy baby. So for me it was I feel like it was massive to actually feel the feelings surrender, let go, leave it up to the universe. And I think like four weeks after completing the course, I was pregnant.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is that is incredible And that's such a credit to you in regards to practicing what you preach and like like you said, just leaving it up to the universe and surrendering and going, you know, I'll get pregnant when I you know, when the time is right.
Speaker 2: And it just yeah, it happened so fast.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: What's interesting is as similar to you, I had a very long trying to conceive journey and it was definitely difficult to conceive Ivy.
Speaker 2: And what I realized is and.
Speaker 1: We were conceiving for a good year before we you know, felt pregnant, and we had a miscarriage and there was other stuff on the way. But I totally realized the month before I fell pregnan with Ivy, I did a lot of work on limiting beliefs, and a big limiting belief that I just realized was huge but I hadn't like unpacked it yet. Is the limiting belief that becoming a mum was going to make it more difficult to, you know, achieve my goals and have like the big career I wanted. And it's really crazy because once I unpacked that and I was like, no, I get to have my desires of wanting a child plus have my desires of having my dream career. Like, I get to have it both, and it's going to be, you know, better than I could have imagined. And it's crazy because once I really did the work on the limiting beliefs around having a child, I literally felt pregnant the next month and I just thought to myself, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I could have been doing this, you know, so much sooner.
Speaker 1: Obviously, no regrets because it's what got me ivy girl, but it's just it's just really incredible when you've realized that the inner work really is so much to do with when things come into fruition. And I just, yeah, I had such a light bulb moment there. I've been speaking of limiting beliefs. Was there any in the course that you really were like, oh my god, I didn't realize this was the thing and you worked on disarming.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. I literally had so many limiting beliefs.
Speaker 4: But I think when I actually did the course, I was pretty surface level, like I never really had spent a lot of time self reflecting.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have you even considered myself very self aware. So when I was going through the course, I was.
Speaker 4: A little bit like like, I'm good, it's fine, Like I've got this. I'm pretty driven, like I can do this. It wasn't until I actually started putting all the tools into practice and really living and breathing the formula and starting my own business where I kept catching myself with limit beliefs.
Speaker 3: Silly things like oh, I'm not creative, I can't.
Speaker 4: Do this, like or I don't have enough time or I don't have enough money, all of that type of thing. And then I caught myself one day I was like, Alana, these are all limiting beliefs, like I am creative, I can make time, and I can absolutely do this. So it was literally something that I had to and constantly still rewrite, literally work on my limiting beliefs every day. I journal, I meditate, I say affirmations.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not a one and done type thing.
Speaker 4: It's something that you kind of constantly catch yourself falling into that trap. But I guess the good thing now is I feel like I'm so self aware that I can catch myself quite quickly and turn it around. So that has been like the biggest breakthrough for me. I reckon in the course.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love that so much. And I love that.
Speaker 1: You're like, I was pretty sure.
Speaker 4: I think it's kind of like what you say, right, like you end up if you're not careful, you can totally sleep walk through life, Like was my life good before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was good, but like, was it an extraordinary great life?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Was I living my dream?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Probably not, Like, but it's so easy just to get stuck in the mundane and the day to day.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like I was really surface level before and now I feel like I'm much more self aware. I know exactly what I want out of life, and I'm going for it. So it's a very different mindset.
Speaker 1: I Yeah, that's incredible, And isn't that just such an incredible place to then, you know, go and do life. I think that in itself is life changing because much like you, I was super surface level too, and it's like you just you don't know what you don't know, and then you start getting into this work. And that's honestly one of my number one favorite like testimonials or reviews on the course is people who go, you just you opened my you know, you opened my eyes to the possibility to realizing I have so much more potential. And also just like getting to that deeper level of yourself. Having that self you know, awareness is just incredible because so much can happen from that place. And like you said, it's like crazy to think, like I don't like I don't know exactly how old you said you were, Alana, but like it's crazy to think, you know, a good twenty or so years of your life.
Speaker 2: You were feeling like that.
Speaker 1: And then I always think about, oh my god, imagine if I had this realization like so much sooner, Like where would I be now?
Speaker 3: Absolutely one hundred percent?
Speaker 4: And I think a huge thing for me and something that I've never ever had is this.
Speaker 3: It's seriously like a gift you have given me.
Speaker 4: It's this like unwavering faith that things are coming for me and I know everything's going to work out and everything I want will be mine when the time is right. And before I guess, yeah, I guess. I literally was just kind of like sleepwalking through life and I didn't really know what was going to happen next. I didn't probably have a lot of faith. But now I yeah, I just I know it's going to work out. I know everything I want will be mine. I say it in the meditations. Yeah, it's all working out for me, and I have this confidence and faith that I'll get everything I desire.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: That's just it's so incredible to hear you say that, and your.
Speaker 2: Vibe is just it's everything. I'm I'm just so happy we could have this conversation, and then I'm just.
Speaker 1: So happy that you're like doing these awesome things. Can you tell the audience more about Hey Mama, because it's literally the cutest bloody baby store ever, And I just want to say a big thank you for reaching out and gifting me some beautiful things for Ivy because she loves them. And then your beautiful note about the project. That's when I was like, oh my god, I need to interview this gorgeous human because I could just tell your vibration and everything about you was just just really incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh you're too sweet.
Speaker 4: So yes, hey, Mamma Coe was born in February of this year.
Speaker 3: And really it's all about building a new mamma community.
Speaker 4: Like I think, like we've both touched on, like being a new mum in particular is super hard. It is overwhelming, it's very daunting. There's a lot of different information, there's a lot to learn. It's like a whole new life skill being a mum. So I really wanted to create a community of mums and.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to give lots of helpful information and content and tips and at the same time you can visit my store and pick up some products for your little ones.
Speaker 4: So at the moment, I have a range of cot sheets and swaddles and play maats and things like that, so you can, yeah, check out my insta shameless plug at heymama co dot combody But yes, so that's my little business and I'm hoping to build that up.
Speaker 3: Into a full time job one day and yeah, smash some goals.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm just so proud of you and looking at the website and your Instagram and everything it's just it's so professional, it's so amazing. I cannot believe that you like just started in February. Yeah, it's really cool. You should be so proud.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so much. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, make sure you go and check out. Hey, mama co Alana, thank you so much for spending time with me today and chatting to me. I really really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No, thank you so much. It's a pleasure to come on.
Speaker 1: And Oh, guys, I hope you adored that interview just as much as I did. It was just so lovely here from Milana, a normal, everyday, ordinary gal doing extraordinary things. I am so beyond tappy for her and just to see her take bold action and just to be so unapologetic about what she wanted. It's incredible to see and obviously like hearing her getting so much value out of the R and C project.
Speaker 3: It just it lights up my soul.
Speaker 1: But guys, the RNC project is currently open for enrollment. If it is calling your name, do not wait. This is something your future self is going to thank you for. And if you're worried about the investment, it will come back to you tenfold like you just watch your world blossom. So enrollment is open. This is the one and only live course I'm doing this year, so come and join us. I cannot bloody weake. The Facebook group is just electric. Also, guys, if you're in a previous RNC project round and you want to join this live round in the Facebook group, we are opening up some special spots just for that. Just DM me and Jamie Sorry. Dm me on my account or the podcast account and we can give you the details for that bit. I love you guys so much, Thank you so much for listening, and I'll chat to you in the next episode. Bye for now. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group a Rise and concor podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.