Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: There is no eating on the new couch.
Speaker 3: Well that's not naked, that's on full frontal.
Speaker 4: The finger lifting has done Monday to Thursday, really fingers down Friday. We call it the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Tuesday morning, six minutes past six. Good morning, Jackie Boy, Good morning, Patsy morning. Somebody picks on the wrong person on this show to try and scam them. Patsy telling me what's been going happening for you. I've been getting these emails saying, are you asking listeners for one thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: There's a scam going around. Check on Facebook and Insta. Yeah, you're being you're the lucky winner. It's got like my profile. I've picked fifty people to win a thousand dollars and it's been going for a couple of weeks. But it's like jacked up, last couple of jacked up a couple of days, bucked up the last.
Speaker 4: Couple of days. They get more for the big.
Speaker 2: Push, and all these poor listeners are messaging me saying pats Is is legit. It's just like some you know, these scammers, they have got nothing better to do.
Speaker 3: Their filthy got nothing. I like, they've got nothing better.
Speaker 4: Get out there in the sunshine. I know who your parents are.
Speaker 5: Does you get it?
Speaker 4: Scammers?
Speaker 2: If you get it, do not click on it, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: So what can you do? Can you message Facebook and Instagram and then take down my fake profile.
Speaker 2: Gold's been doing that for two.
Speaker 4: Weeks, and listeners go on to Instagram right now, have a look at Patsy's posts about this.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Two slides. Two slides Exhibit A, Exhibit B. One of them, Patsy's taken a screenshot of like one of these scams looks like and then looks like someone's graffiti those like a bouncy scam in blood reds. I actually think it's her own blood. She cut her wrists and put it on there. Cut me. I've cut you, skimmers. You didn't have the meta to do.
Speaker 3: She's cursed the scamming, witchcraft.
Speaker 4: Blood curse, Patsy Wicks scam. It's just like dogged on it. Then the next slide just saying that it's happening to three keywords here other high profile presenters. Yeah, other words, other people like me Pier one Tier one operators.
Speaker 3: Hasn't happened to me, but.
Speaker 4: Only the eye profile. If you're reading this and it hasn't happened to you in high profile like.
Speaker 1: Carl, you're listening to the Christian o'crl show podcast.
Speaker 4: I got stung yesterday with a parking fine from Stunnington Council.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 4: Ninety two dollars. Ninety two dollars you and Jack, I think there are but patsy to be fair, right, So yesterday I was gonna get my hair cut and I saw a golden space. You know, movie and TV shows, whenever they're going on, they always park out the front, don't they. They never like driving around. You get out, I'll find a spot, then I'll come and join. You go get the table and I'll go fuck the space. The never just c They just go straight there.
Speaker 3: Hovering in the road, trying to raid the signs. Is that today if loading signs finished?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it public holiday? Is that just for Sundays? Is there a happy hour now? Anyway? I saw an empty base or I just park it. Can't believe it. Monday is kicking girls already. I'll just dump it here. I go in my head ass and says, I'll be careful. You know they get people around here. I said, no, no, no, I check. There's no signs anywhere. We carry on. I'll go up there and there's a guy who's two already done three cars. He's two on from me, and I see that, and I couldn't see any of those weird signs anywhere. And then he sees me and I'm swearing, and then he says to me, oh my god, it's you Christ. If I didn't know, and I wouldn't have done that. I went undo it and he goes, I can't. It's in the system. And when undoing carbs, he goes, it's already been processed. My question this morning is once they put it in the system, right, they print off that weedy, little flimsy ticket with that little tab that they stitch you windscreen, can they ever undo it.
Speaker 3: I've come back when he's on my car like printing it off. Yeah, and he wouldn't undo it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Once he's think.
Speaker 4: Once his process is undoable. In case people try to offer them cash es.
Speaker 2: Once it's in that little system, it's a point of no return. Once it's in there, it's in there for good.
Speaker 3: He's kept saying to me, I've got your number plate. Once I put the number plate in, they know.
Speaker 4: Ninety two dollars. Can anyone who might be might do this for a job? Is there a point of no return, like Patsy says? Or could he? Is there like a five minute or ten minute where someone.
Speaker 2: Goes grace period?
Speaker 3: Yes, I watched somebody the other day's car getting towed, so when you're in the cleeway and they go the extra mile to actually take the car away. She got back and her car was still in the parking, so.
Speaker 4: She had to see it being jacked up and driven off.
Speaker 3: He'd already clipped it in, and he was saying, you know, I was watching through a windows. I couldn't hear, but essentially he was going, nah, once it's clipped in, I've got to take it. So she's a hands in the air while he's pulling it on the back of the truck then takes off.
Speaker 4: Be honest, right, when you see something like that, how good these Netflix shows are. That's the best show in town, right? A load in this misery.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: All Right, some emails now coming overnight, Lates La Party, Late, all right, we call your emails lakes La Party. Anything you want to pick up that we've talked about. We never moved completely on from anything, Christian, Jack and Pats. I've been thinking for a while that the phrase nominative to terminism. This is about the phenomenon where your name can influence a type of job that you do. Christian, I don't think it's that snappy. I'd like to suggest an alternative name for the feature, a nomen est omen. It's Latin for the name as a sign, what do you reckon? Classy and trips off the tongue a lot easier. I think. I think it's actually harder because every time I say nomen est nomen, I'm then gonna have to go it's Latin for the name and a design, and then explain what nominas, if determinis them, if anything you've length.
Speaker 3: Them the whole break back to the start again.
Speaker 4: Yes, Christian, my weakest claim to fame well, I was a prison officer in the UK back in twenty ten. Part of my duty was an induction officer. I inducted the singer George Michael into Pentonville Prison. That is my weakest claim to fame. I would say that is a pretty huge claim to fame. Actually, that's on Chris. And then this is an amazing email. Christian, Hello from London. I hope life and ours is good for you. It is. This is strange all. I hope you can help us. I tried posting this on Facebook and visiting a Melbourne Facebook page, but nothing. When the world lost our Queen, me and my best he decided to queue lot the rest of the world to pay our respect to her majesty with Q for thirteen hours, and in that time we met some amazing people. In particular group of nine we chattel laught all the way for hours and hours inter security together and then we lost two of them. We're now trying to find him. We have a Q family WhatsApp group and we want to find them and do a coronation reunion online. Can you outspread the words your listeners. Here's what we know. His name is Matt. He has family and leeds, but he lives in Melbourne. He is married with four year old twins, travels a lot with work. Also has lived in his time in Perth. I guess you get because you're a cub for so long, you really get to find out much somebody. He also has some older children in the UK that he sometimes visits, but he lives in Melbourne. He's a tall guy with a beard, over six foot. He owns a gray hoodie. Can he help us? The last line here is everything. Can you help us find the missing link? Don't speak about Australians like that, please, they don't like that, jenniffive, we will we put this on our socials.
Speaker 3: So a tall Matt with a beard and a gray hoodie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically lives in Melbourne. He is married with four year old twins and has older kids who were in the UK and he went over and cued for the queen. Does anyone know that Matt? We're looking for the missing link?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast any Business.
Speaker 4: They always have to think these days about a memorable name.
Speaker 3: It's hard to stay with naming things is the hardest thing it is, isn't it.
Speaker 4: We waste so much. We just waste time genuinely for a living. We waste your time every morning, but we spend so much time coming up with names that we think are memorable for the stuff we do on the show. But an actual proper professional business who aligned on bookings for their earnings and money, it's a big thing. You saw a great well an interesting name for a bookshop at the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was called the Grumpy Swimmer. So I actually think they've missed the mark with this because first, when we went down to Elwood, we looked for a bookshop, so typed in bookshops of Alwood. Grumpy Swimmer came up, and I thought, well, that's definitely not.
Speaker 4: It's a strange vibe, isn't it.
Speaker 3: But apparently the guy who opened the bookstore used to like swimming in the bay and then he'd get out of the water and he was grumpy by the time he got to work, so they named the store after him.
Speaker 4: The quite an origin story, isn't It's going to have an origin story these days, can not just be a book shop.
Speaker 3: But it reminded me of the Angry Butcher, which we'd spoke about on the show three or four weeks ago, who does bike repairs. So if you're looking through the yellow Pages or on Google on mine, Angry butcher. Doesn't you're going to read it.
Speaker 4: Well, you're going to read it again, aren't you. It's going to slow you down. It's not just the local bike shop, the Angry Butcher and the Grumpy Swimmer.
Speaker 3: Grumpy Swimmer.
Speaker 4: Okain books isn't even the title, is it? Same with the Angry Butcher. What they do isn't even in there? All right, So we're going to see if we can form an A to Z then of unusual business names. So B for the angry Butcher, which is a bike shop.
Speaker 3: Well let's go angry A for angry.
Speaker 4: Of course, you're quite right. If I was in charge of the Yellow Pages, it'd be a very different read for you guys.
Speaker 3: Angry Butcher, grumpy Swimmers. So we're looking for any names of businesses that don't match the business, like the nasty plumber but he's an accountant.
Speaker 4: I bet you there is someone though I don't know, the nasty plummer. But if not, if you are a plumber right now and you're looking for a new name, the Nasty Plumber.
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian Caine. Here, Hellokane, my mate's business is an unusual one. It's called get flushed plumbing Caine. I wouldn't say that's unusual. I would say that makes perfect sense. It's got plumbing in the title and it's got get flushed. All that together scans you go, Yeah, it's a plumbing business.
Speaker 3: I know straight away what the guy does.
Speaker 4: Yes, so it's not unusual. Another one here, I don't know whether there's a voice encoder today going out. Christian is Ryan, if I'm not mistaken. Spotlight Actually, spotlight is an unusual name. I guess they don't sell spotlights. What are they called spotlight?
Speaker 2: They called spotlight, but they do sell spotlights. They sell everything under the sun.
Speaker 4: But the majority of that stuff is sort of crafting fabrics, haberdasheries and stuff like that. Yesterday, I don't know if you've ever trying to do this, Will Audio. Maybe she's a bit too young, but trying to go online to get tickets to go and see a show. So my kids said over the weekend their ranks Steve Lacy is coming to Melbourne? Is that my words too right? And I'm I'm vaguely aware of some of the new artists when because my kids right, and never heard of Steve Lacy. Has anyone on the show hands up team who are younger than me, get out of him, Perry, you have not okay, you've got no idea Steve Lacey's no, he would know.
Speaker 3: He's cool. He's where is the gold chain? Perry?
Speaker 4: For mayors also wear gold chains? Are they called to? So? First of all, by the way, Steve Lacey is a dweeb's name for singer. It is Steve Lacey is like a dad like me, isn't it? Do you know the dad Steve Lacey walks for Lacey In's son's accountants or is he like he is a teacher who goes it's mister Lacy, call me Steve. It's Steve Lacy. You know it does drama, a little bit of English on the side, stuff like that. Steve Lacey is not a great scene.
Speaker 3: The way you're not lining up tickets to go see him.
Speaker 4: But trouble is, though this guy's in hues demand, he's a massive is he playing well, he was going to be playing at the Forum, but it's sold out in like Secon, so they just sort of scrap that. Obviously got money, money money, Stevie Boy's rolling in the money. It's Lacy time. They're now gone for John Caine Arena, big upgrade, right, yeah, So any the kids are like, please you go online. They're doing this thing, you need to do it. I'm like, so okay, right and fine, credit card ready. I need to get four tickets, So I said, look, I try to think I can get his tickets anyway. The stress yesterday evening. I go on to the link, right, I see suddenly already right, I select four tickets, A countdown, A pits. I've got five minutes. I'm like, oh my god, okay five minutes. My wife is going where is the date again? I just need to put it in my dam please not now it's four minutes forty two already, no one talk to me or you're not seeing Steve Lacey do evening for a rock star. So I go in and first of all, it wants every single ticket holder is mobile number. I've got no. I don't know who these trains doing. So I'm putting in names and just cut and pasting my number right again. This takes time to that control command, paste V and all that together. And when you're nervous, your fingers don't move, so weld do they? You lose some of that dexterity because it's tensing up. Then it goes check out, so go great, this is great, this is all moving more. I've got three minutes left to go. Here I can ease off. Then it goes log into your account or sign up for new and I'm like, I don't believe this. I don't have an account. Why do I need account? I just want to give you the money for the four tigrets. I then got to sign up for a new account, get that email address with your login, create a password. I come up with the worst password in the world. I just need it. Then it goes you now need to log back in. I go because it's such a lame password. I can't remember the password I have to now do. We're now two minutes, two minutes, forgot any password, forgot any past? Only creative five seconds. I'm never using this business ever again. I then have to get wait for the other link because I've forgot the bass, register for a new one. You to my wife, write this down is my new new boss word. Anyway, cut a long story short. She's going to see you. When I went upstairs to her bedroom, right she was waiting, she was chatting friends, going we don't know. No, I go in and go, I've got the tickets. She went, yay, thank you, and it reminded me the joy of just being a fan. Do you know when you were a teenager and like going and getting tickets was a really really big deal.
Speaker 3: Are your best memories of the concerts that you went to?
Speaker 4: She was like, she was just like they literally were. As I was walking saying when was the last time as an adult if it went to any news? Yay, unless someone canceled something, yay. Good day as good as it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, this isn't an unusual name, but it is misleading. I work at a Melbourne hospital that has two pharmacies and we have a cafe called Pharmacy that's not a pharmacy.
Speaker 8: Be I need.
Speaker 3: Would you like muffins?
Speaker 4: They're on special today. Ley, Thank you very much for your text. Yesterday we were all agate moused Gate with the news that someone in a cafe said that some customers come along and ask for a glass of hot water and then these are old people, right, and then outcomes the hidden tea back that they've brought along. B Yo to have a essentially free drink.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the atmosphere of the cafe at no expense. The same lady, Rachel send us the message, I say, he's the message again, me again with the more b yo drivers from our cafe. I recently had a lady request I heat up her frozen light and easy lasagna so she could dine in and enjoy it.
Speaker 4: What do you mean like she she took along some left oceans.
Speaker 2: It's all right. No, they come in a frozen pack and you buzz it in the mist way.
Speaker 4: These place you gotta have their food. That's how they make their money. Also, you can't just start getting out your shopping and I've got a kind of frankfurters here. He looks a bit bored out there because I'm not ordering food.
Speaker 3: Also, I recently had to ask a group of ladies to leave after they pulled out a full picnic basket of homemade cakes sandwiches and set it up inside.
Speaker 4: The You that's a friendly there, aren't they? That is astonishing? Rio saw something because we want more stories of what you've seen people doing. B Yo. What did you see a game once?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went to the d Swan's game and there was a Melbourne D's fan in front of us with a whole spread for BYO hot dogs. So he had a thermos of hot water with the wieners in it. He then had so well organized and every condiment you could imagine. He had cheese, he had onion, and then he had all different sauces like out on a little platter on his legs.
Speaker 4: White Brodie Grundy wants to come to hum okay, he wants to get away from fans with no tea.
Speaker 3: And now the AFL has to charge more for ticket holders because people aren't buying the seven dollar hot dogs at the ground on a brainer.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Kyle's show podcast fills out.
Speaker 4: We've got a whistler all blower right now in Rachel, who has been sending Jack tms of the You won't believe some of these things that people do. I mean, I wish I had. Is it a gene that some people have the shame gene? Remove where they don't worry about they don't causing a scene or a pairing old or indeed are the people's feelings?
Speaker 3: I guess it's you really do not care what other people think of you because you have no shame. People like this old ladies will walk into the cafe, ask for a hot water which they don't pay for, sit down and whip out a tea bag from home. I recently had a lady request that I heat up her frozen light and easy lasagna so she could dine in and enjoy it. Also had to ask a group of ladies to leave after they brought out a full picnic basket of homemade cakes and sandwiches.
Speaker 4: That's is unbelievable. Are they like saying, hey, we're going there, it's okay? Does none of the group go. We can't decide. You can't just turn up with no food, don't order it, bring our own food.
Speaker 3: Just waters all around for us.
Speaker 4: Thank you, six autists. Please as quick as you can as well a little bit thirsty while we get our snacks out. I remember, in the first couple of months at working at this place, at this radio station, apparent in mind that I've been sold what it was going to be like in Australian radar by Hamish Nandy. You know, we'd sold up everything. I remember an email went out saying that you could bring if you brought your own painting the weekend and repainted the radio station. About that they give you a day off.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: I come to if you bought your painting, yeah, help paint on a Saturday. You can have an annual leave day.
Speaker 4: Bring your own painting, not just that, paint the office and you can have a day off. All right. So we're looking for weird things, unusual things that you've seen. B yo nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 9: Come on and Mick, good morning, Christian and co.
Speaker 10: How are we today?
Speaker 4: You're good, We're good mix. So what have you seen people?
Speaker 9: B y oh, Well, in the cerney, we used to get to the foot of a lot and there used to be an old you could bring your own cans in.
Speaker 11: But there used to be an old guy.
Speaker 9: Who bringing his bag, and he had six planks of wood and they were countersunk at the bottom to the side of three large cans. And he would then proceed to spot those for three large cans, and people could seek the cans underneath the planks that wood and have a little seat to sit down.
Speaker 4: On this sea. What a great entrepreneur that was. So he's bringing his own bench and bear holder yeah, and.
Speaker 9: Swap the planks for cans so we didn't have to bring cans in and he was right for the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know what they'd say about that now the FG he turned it with a lot of planks of woods and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: I don't think you could do it with a plastic cup.
Speaker 4: No, you could even do that. You're quite right, Mick. Thank you very much your call. We'll go to more of your calls next.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, my name is Mikayla. I can't call in because I'm at work. I'm an ex hair dressing apprentice. We used to have one client bringing her own permanent straining solution and we're bringing her own hair color to tell the colors to use that and charge her less.
Speaker 3: Where do you we even get the permanent hair straightening solution from?
Speaker 4: Isn't that why you go to like a pro? I always do it at home, get a may to do it. Helena, Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Helena. What have you seen b yo?
Speaker 12: Well, years ago with a Richmond isn't it match at the MCG we went to the football with our nana and she had a massive bag she'd bring out fringed cushions for us all. Then she'd bring out plates and we'd have little homemade gourmet sausage rolls and pie.
Speaker 13: Then later on we'd have hot.
Speaker 12: Chocolate with our little cake and biscuits.
Speaker 4: I want to go with Nana to Okay, okay, this is how they get the fans back to Bomber's game. If they know that Nana is going to lay your nan is going to lay on the catering.
Speaker 12: Well, the boys in front of us eventually turned around and they said, can she be on.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great one, Helena, thank you very much. She called my have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thank you you too.
Speaker 4: George, Good morning, George.
Speaker 9: Good morning. Oh how are you there?
Speaker 4: We got Josh welcome to the show. B Yo, what have you seen? Okay?
Speaker 14: So I had a work function back years ago and it was a house woman house woman party for one of.
Speaker 15: The ladies that was there.
Speaker 16: And on the invitation, we got allocated on what to bring.
Speaker 14: So one of us got allocated to bring chairs, one goa allocated to bring tables, one got allocated to bring the meat, the salads, the whole lot everything.
Speaker 4: Honestly, our boss is thinking this is a great idea. This is a great idea. I haven't got any problem with any of it.
Speaker 3: On a free Christmas party dream Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. George Patsy, do you remember when you got the well, not even a balloon in flate, Bring your own air, bring your own party. They sent Patsy, how many years have you worked?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't twenty or something, but thirty in total in the industry. And I get a deflated foil balloon with a string also in the invalope.
Speaker 4: So she expected to bow up, follow it up.
Speaker 2: Maybe they thought I had enough. I can still be there now.
Speaker 7: Me who the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: What have you seen? B yo? What have you seen? People? B Yoh Robin, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 18: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Robin, welcome to the show. So, b yo, what did you see?
Speaker 18: Okay? So I work at a fun park and the next experiences myself that these are the legend news stories. So you can be yo two maybe to pickny carrier to have it. And on this particular occasion, somebody walked through the gate with a whole cooked pig.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable. You're right. You can have a picnic here, please do it's a family picnic here, but turning up with an entire pig or like a spit of rotisseriy? What do they killed on the Game of Throne set?
Speaker 18: I know was it was just it just kept coming through the gate. Apparently it's like, you know, through your little box and this peak just kept going past.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, Robin. Thank you very much for starting one of the many myths of where you were.
Speaker 18: Yeah, okay, and the other one was a microwave.
Speaker 4: It's such everything it's not. It doesn't fit in your back doesn't fit in your backpack, does it?
Speaker 18: It just came through.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 18: We're all sort of having a bit of a giggle because we don't have a PowerPoint for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Next time my attlement village cinemas. So hey kids, we're going to send own food and a microwave. It's the levels of this big extension. Robin. Thank you very much your two stories. Stu, good morning.
Speaker 11: Morning, Christian morning, Jack morning.
Speaker 2: Pats morning Stu.
Speaker 4: B Yo, what have you seen?
Speaker 11: I have seen my grandmother. She used to carry around a toilet seat well everywhere. Yeah, so basically it was in a bag. She knitted it up herself with moss frilly white pompoms around the top and the bottom to make it look pretty. But she wanted to sit in comfort when she did her business. Yeah, so, especially at the caravan park. We used to go caravanning and off she'd go.
Speaker 4: Toddling fancy caravans over there, a little doily for her bum bump. I imagine the Queen had something like as well, she's not putting her back sign of public toilets when she's around.
Speaker 11: I think it'd probably be a bit of a gilded toilet seat.
Speaker 4: But it's still with those pretty pomp poms.
Speaker 11: Okay, absolutely risky.
Speaker 3: Fronando because does she balance it on the existing toilet see, I would guess so.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was one of the big old lands, was a black one, so it basically would have straddled the whole toilet seats. I actually can't say that I ever saw it in action.
Speaker 4: No, I'm glad that you don't have a story about that. We never want to be doing the phone and what did you see your mum doling out? Let's leave it, Thank you very much, you call mate.
Speaker 7: No worries think Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Maybe you had dreams That's why I picked that song outset this up. Maybe you had dreams. We all have dreams. Some of them don't get to happen though. Today today I want to know what did you try out for but not get It's catching up with an old friend of mine yesterday in the UK and we were reminiscent about the time that his life that was going to take a very different turn. He came very close to being The Arsenal football club in London is a very old club known as the Gunners and they have a big mascot that's a kind of green dinosaur called Gunnersaurus. He came very close to being hired for an entire season. He's a mad fan of the club. It would have been a really big deal for him, right. We still laugh about that, you know when you laugh about something different, laughs a bit, but years later, just out there's still a core like it still hurts him because he still believes he should have got the job as Gunnasaurus. He was going to be their mascot.
Speaker 3: All you like, for him and all your mates to know that, like that's amazing to me, you.
Speaker 4: Know, only be there before the home games and stuff like that. It would have been a big thing in his life. But anyway, he didn't get it, and I was wondering him. Other things that you tried out for that you really wanted to get but just didn't happen come to you, Jackie Boys.
Speaker 3: I tried out when I was doing community radio in high school. I was a teenager and tried out for a work experience video that was going to go into every school in the country where I would be the host and explain how you get through work.
Speaker 4: We got what an honor.
Speaker 3: I didn't get it, but I got offered another role in the video where I just had to wear overalls and be in the background of a factory as a work experienced kid, not speaking, non speaking.
Speaker 4: That guy who's talking in this audition high him no words, put him in the back, give him a broom.
Speaker 3: But my mom still has the VHS tape.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Our producer Tom has got a great story about a TV show in New Zealand that you tried out for. Tom. What was the show?
Speaker 6: It was a thing called The Go Show, which was like a children's TV show. Its like High Five or The Wiggles, but a low budget.
Speaker 4: The Kiwi version of the Wiggles hosted by Dave Dobbin and what was the what was the audition? What did you have to do?
Speaker 6: We just saw a flyer at the pub and so figured we'd give it.
Speaker 4: A last We're going to find the next Wiggles. Isn't it drinking a pub? In New Secrets Kids Entertainers, Hey, you not put down the paints, come with us.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the cover of the Go Show and the three presenters who end up getting hired sticking their head out of a cartoon rocket, and I just can't pitch you Tom being one of the three people entertaining kids for a living.
Speaker 6: It was a real sliding doors moment because I vividly remember being on a TV sit in New Zealand dresses a turtle with my friend Jake dresses a whale, singing a song about turtles and whales, and thinking just could be my.
Speaker 4: Life one could have been? And now you're here on this show. Every time he sees you and I thinks about that singing turtle.
Speaker 3: How was like I could have been a turtle?
Speaker 4: Flighting doors moment? All right, what did you try out for but not get?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian I got through to the in personal auditions for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Deal or No Deal? Back in the day, Clearly I didn't even have anything interesting or sad enough to get on air with Eddie or Andrew or win anything. I remember a din or No Deal. They did a fake out and pretended Andrew o'kiep will be there to meet us. The disappointment.
Speaker 3: Hero start sitting down to interview that whole audience of deal.
Speaker 4: Mumbles turn up with the truckloads. We just want to get on TV. I remember two years ago my agent, you know my agent, old Hollywood, Right, it's the same guy. He ran an amazing opportunity question for you to be on daytime TV all across Australia. I don't know. It goes and it was a very very well known daytime quiz show, right, and I said, oh, these things, there's not really any room to do it. You're just asking questions. He goes, no, no, no, they've heard what you do. This is always lie. They love what we do on the radio and they want you to be spontaneous. Went all right, and go along. They want you to do an audition. I went right again. I go along right, and they go and I'm handed this light. It must be thirty pages and it's an episode, so I'm going to do an episode where one of them is going to be a contestant. So anyway, they go, so, you know, we want you to add lib you know, be warm and friend and I'm like, yeah, this is what I did. This is great. Anyway, I start chatting list persons, pretend to be a butcher and they go, there's a something. I see some with a stopwatch and start chating and they go, stop, you're gonna have to go again. But quicker you had living every contestant. I was only allowed eight seconds eight questions eight seconds, and then every time I did a true question, stop, go again. You need to get the questions in under fifteen seconds. And I remember walking out of there and my agent round went, they've offered you to what. I don't want it. You know it's two hundred episodes a year, you'll be rolling in it. I went, I don't want that. I don't want the stress of it. All right, what did you try out for but didn't get? Nine four one four one o four three oh.
Speaker 14: And coome oning goodr in Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, So what's your story for it? Sewen?
Speaker 14: So, I used to swim for my school on a Saturday morning and there was diving as well, and one of their divers was injured, so I was asked to step in for him. I was going to do a back somersault, so start standing up and enter with my feet and he said, Nana, you've got to do a back one and a half so that you're going with your hands. It looks more impressive. Okay, but I've never done that before. How do I do that?
Speaker 11: You guys?
Speaker 14: It's easy. Just spin and rotating when you're in the air, throw your head back, look for the water. Spot the water, and make yourself as hard as a board.
Speaker 4: And even as you're describing it, all this sounds impossible, bending physics and the laws of space.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't have the body of a gymnast, so I'm a fairly big blake. So this was going to be a decent task for me to achieve. So I got on the board, went up, looked for the water, kicked out hard and my back. Instead of going in vertically, I went in horizontally.
Speaker 4: A big oceans.
Speaker 14: The sound resonated off the pool wall, and as I floated back up to the surface in pain that I'd never experienced before, I did notice that I was getting a standing ovation from the fan. When I looked over to the scorers, I got a zero for an incomplete dive, so I did not get to complete the dive. The nice thing was about five roses later, when I was up on the blox, I stood up and with my back glowing like a red traffic light, everyone gave me a standing ovation.
Speaker 4: Again. This is ovation, This is amazing.
Speaker 14: The pain that I was enduring was was with sustaining ovation.
Speaker 4: Absolutely yeah. Yeah. Oh and that's a great story, well told. Thank you very much, No, Werry, thank you. Here we got Herevannah Giovanna.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Christian and team. Here are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going, Javannah, welcome to the show. So what did you try out for but not get?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 17: Back in the early eighties when I was a young girl in high school, I tried out for the missed Potato Queen of koy Rap.
Speaker 4: I love this story already. So what do you have to do to be crowned miss Potato Queen of cooey Rap.
Speaker 17: Well, you had to answer. You had to get interviewed by a local committee, and I wanted to know, you know, your aspirations as a young woman, how you could contribute to the local community. But I missed out. I think the winner's mother was on the committee.
Speaker 11: Yes, you reckon.
Speaker 3: There was some corruption going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 17: Oh, just a little, I think, but a good so I had floats and everything. It was such a big deal, and I'd have a big dinner and you've got awarded your crown and sash. It was a big thing.
Speaker 3: What does the potato queen wear?
Speaker 17: She doesn't wear a potato.
Speaker 4: Remember this was the eighties. I'm guessing not much actually naked as a spot you'll be all right, Jeevanna. Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Last few stories. Then what did you try out for but not get? Good morning Tony, Oh, good day, Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good Tony. Thanks for calling the show. And what did you try out for?
Speaker 16: Well, back in the late eighties, we tried our for me and a friend of mine tried out a perfect match back in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Huge, ohs, weren't they.
Speaker 16: We turned up at the little church in South Melbourne. The thing was that I actually made it through, but they sort of they put me on something called Perfect Match Personals, which wasn't actually it was like a it's hard to describe. I just did it feel.
Speaker 3: And this doesn't it doesn't actually sound like you're on a TV shows.
Speaker 4: Might not be the best call to us and speak to a councilor something.
Speaker 16: I'm still I'm still getting ribbed because I think it was Tiffany Lamb. She started laughing at me and Greg Evans gave her the side Iron said what he looks wrong.
Speaker 4: We're struggling to understand the scene here understanding decision now.
Speaker 16: I can't get over it, and I'm still getting ribbed over it. And we're still trying to find the video the footage. A friend of mine, it's his mate. It's his life long ambition to try and find the footage.
Speaker 2: Huggy used to do the voiceovers for Perfect Match. He's such a legend.
Speaker 4: We'll have to ask Hunky, don't does he know about this classified thing? Whatever? The spin on thing? So you weren't on the TV.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 16: I was, but it was called Perfect Match Personals where they just played a little crab and some photos of me with my Ponza mustache back in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Right, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Yes, just stop ringing bells for anybody else. But we have to believe you.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, Tony, thank you very much. You kill me. I have a good day.
Speaker 16: Thanks Christian, you two.
Speaker 4: Uh what was that? Huggy will be to explain this, well, he'd better add words to it. He won't explain it, but but he know about it. Now. Good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 7: How are you good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good. Naraw what did you try out for?
Speaker 19: I've been on I've been on a few game shows, but my all time favorite was Family Feud And we went along to the audition, got all the way through and my family were dads. What could I say?
Speaker 4: The family? Let you down?
Speaker 16: Yep, they all look like.
Speaker 19: Do you using the headlights?
Speaker 4: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 18: They couldn't even give an answer.
Speaker 4: Not doing nothing where they stare down the barrel, staring at the camera.
Speaker 19: The nudge, Come on god, oh, let down my family.
Speaker 4: That's that's funny, NoREL. You should have hired some actors. Oh that's great, Noll, Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Now you listen to a show, hopefully you enjoy the show. How about having the show round at yours. Our show is coming from one of your homes in two weeks time, it could be yours. That means me, Jack and Patsy. You got to find somewhere round yours for us to do the show. Patsy to do the news every half an hour.
Speaker 2: Under a staircase of the good something quiet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it needs to have acoustics for the news, doesn't it downstairs toilet?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not a dunny because then it all echo.
Speaker 4: This is a pro. She knows what she needs. Okay. So yesterday we announced us that we're taking the show on the road. We had some lovely invites straight away.
Speaker 13: You're welcome to comeover down in lovely bidden.
Speaker 11: I do three types of eggs, Young Ruby, ch'gic shelling at horse riding at the moment. She'll put on a little show in the arena.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we'll set you up on the deck.
Speaker 13: Who can broadcast live from there?
Speaker 15: Lewis here from the face and pantry. We've got a small fruit shop in the basin near where Chris Hemsworth grew up. We love to have you guys around for a day. We have Channel nines weather girls. Mum Diane, I don't want you to lift a finger. I'll do all the work.
Speaker 4: Let's get to matt here.
Speaker 10: Christian, it is your ideal situation on a bayside locals. I reckon you could roll out about at about five point thirty and be at work. It's dick, mate, It's just me and my dog Hugh, just covering all the bases of fingers down Friday.
Speaker 4: And then we had some more ones coming after the show yesterday. Hey Christian, time we.
Speaker 18: Ask you here.
Speaker 5: We hope you can come to our house for a big breakfast feast after everything you've done to us.
Speaker 4: Love the show, Bye, done for it? Have we got this from? Shane? Is very excited.
Speaker 8: Morning Morning Crew. This is Shane from Craigeboon. Heard on the radio that you want to broadcast from a home. Please please entertain my idea. I've got an inground pool above eight to the spa plenty of room to entertain and I would love to have the morning crew come over and enjoy the day and cookies. A magnificent breakfast barbecue. You have sausages, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, toasts, Hash Browns, you get the works.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about these crew?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think. I don't imagine us jumping into us.
Speaker 4: Six in the morning doing the show. All right, So you win the show, all right, that's really exciting. You win the show. But that's not the only big thing. There are three parts of this. The first part we announced with you guys yesterday that actually you can win the show the whole show round to yours. So we'll be doing the show with you guys. You know, we're part of the show. Whatever's going on will hamp out with the kids getting ready for school. We're also bringing someone with us because if it's this show, there has to be music, and it's kind of like we've been talking about BYO this morning. We're bringing our own band, the band I think you might be familiar with this band, Pseudo Echo of coming with us. They'll be playing live, the whole band in your house on air. What an amazing prize, such a big bad This was number one for seven weeks in nineteen eighty six. It'll be blasting out of well wherever you put them in your house, and the kitchen, the deck, the bedroom, there's five of them. Were night need to separate the keyboard player. So Sudo Echo will be coming around to yours with us in two weeks time, So who wants to invite us all round? It's not just me, Jack and pats now, it's us and Pseudo Echo.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Waking up the neighbors, soud of Echo. So we're taking the show on the road. We're bringing Pseudo Echo Tomorrow the last pass, the last part of this prize will be announced, which is huge. Right now though, we're just looking for invites. Who wants to come and win the show? Basically me, Jack and Patsy and Pseudo Echo live at yours nine four one four, one oh four three. Claudia, Good morning, good money, Claudia. Tell us about your place?
Speaker 17: Then, oh look, I live in sailing you with sage, and it's stay bloody quiet.
Speaker 20: You can hear a thin drop and I'm getting sick of how quiet it is.
Speaker 17: I think I need to wake them up and rebag them up a bit.
Speaker 20: And you would be fantastic there.
Speaker 17: I'll put you in Alfresco, or I could put you in the garage, you know, give it a bit of a lively.
Speaker 4: That's great. I mean it will certainly make a lot of noise of having a band play live at eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Do you know your neighbors?
Speaker 17: Well, yes, both sides, both sides.
Speaker 20: The people across the road is a single man.
Speaker 12: And the ones across the other road.
Speaker 20: I never see them, honestly, I'm like, where is the people?
Speaker 12: Where are you all?
Speaker 4: Well, don't write them all around, Claudia, thank you very much, just go, thank you. Let's go to Helen here. Good morning, Helen.
Speaker 18: Hi, how are you Christian?
Speaker 4: I'm good Helen. So you fancy winning the show and pseudo echo round at yours?
Speaker 17: Oh yes, please, I'd love seeing. I weren't going to come and get my son out of bed sixteen year old.
Speaker 4: It can be like an alarm cop. We're just we're just crack them into the bedroom and then turn the lights on, open the curtains and they can just start playing their song suddenly. This can wake him up.
Speaker 21: Well, have you actually said his hair so.
Speaker 20: Looks like Brian from Pudo Ego.
Speaker 19: You know how the young teenagers now have poopy fluffy hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's all coming back around again. Isn't it, Helen?
Speaker 19: Surey, So that'll be a big surprise.
Speaker 20: That'll be fabulous.
Speaker 4: All right, Helen, thank you very much. Let's go do Fiona here, come on in, Fiona.
Speaker 13: Hello, Christian Hello, come over to mine.
Speaker 4: What's round at yours mine?
Speaker 20: You have to come to mind. I love pseudo westerw Oh, my god, I and bying all my friends over.
Speaker 13: Because they all just love as well.
Speaker 20: I've got a big bar out the back to fifteen square meters and.
Speaker 13: I have took machine.
Speaker 21: I have a Sui table, the po machine.
Speaker 4: And you have Yes, all these listeners have got far better entertainment.
Speaker 3: That's spars, the POKEMSH payout.
Speaker 4: No is that your own mini crown out the back there? This is incredible, Fiona, she got better set up than this radio station.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're permanently came.
Speaker 4: Down coming back to studio with all these facilities. Oh this sounds great. And worry a rosebud, you say, Fiona, Yes beautiful, Oh it's great down there. And who else is the family then, Fiona? Who have you got?
Speaker 20: I have my husband, I don't know where the hell happy he'll be about it. But my daughter and my son lives there in their teen fighteen. So I've got an eighteen year old daughter and a sixteen year old son.
Speaker 21: So yeah, oh my neighbors.
Speaker 20: I know most of my neighbors except my new family next door.
Speaker 4: Well you'll get to know them a lot better. You're not banned fire at eight o'clock in that bar out the back, Fiona, thank you very much for inviting us. Let's go to Carolyn here can and count him.
Speaker 14: Hi, guys, how's it going? Yes?
Speaker 4: God, so tell us about coming around to yours with the show and Pseudo Echo. Oh, well, we're in.
Speaker 21: We're out in beverage, out near the Mandolaid golf course, so you can go and play around the golf afterwards. But we've got a double story house, beautiful big music area, music room downstairs, backyard balcony upstairs with a huge activity room. But Christian, Seriously, if I told my family we won this, I would finally finally get my husband to get the garden done properly. They would clean the house.
Speaker 4: Coming out right now the house, they will walk, will walk, you know how he gets. What a great way to get your gun done. Pseudo Echo will be here this time time.
Speaker 3: What do you want them to think of?
Speaker 22: Us.
Speaker 4: That's a great one. Thank you very much. Keith is coming nine four one four one O four three on a brainer.
Speaker 1: Not you're listening to the Christian o'carls show.
Speaker 4: Podcast, Christian, I'd love to invite you and the team and pseudo echoed at my place in Philippinen overlooking the beach. Your audience will be the locals. Well, Christine, I think they could just hello, locals, gather, Christian. I love yesterday. I was trying to get through, but now I'm not sure if I can do it now. The news that you bring a pseudo echo, I would have made you Jo and Patson espresso each. We've just got one of those little machines, but not sure if there's enough pods to stretch Nicks out. Guys. Also, my daughter doesn't get up until seven point thirty, and it's a nightmare before that. She will not bre shoate being woken up by synthesizer downstairs blasting out funky Town. Apologies, Christian, in this idea, I cannot be of assistance. Nick, Thank you very much. All right, let's go to Wayne. Good morning, Good morning, Christian and gang Hell are you yeah?
Speaker 14: Good?
Speaker 4: Wayne? So you fancy having pseudo Echo and the show live from yours.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well the iredy is. I listened to pseudo Echo every morning. I live in Aberfaldi and I back onto a primary school, local government primary school when they use pseudo Echo Funky Down in particular to just warn the kids that the classes are about to comment. So it's part of my ritual every morning having pseudo Echo play in the background. So I'm looking to maybe just get them in person to actually play for a change.
Speaker 4: Amazing, that's super bizarre. Why that song?
Speaker 3: So they've subbed out the school bell for funding Town.
Speaker 13: That's correct. They play they play music, but just the go to songs seems to be Funky Town each morning.
Speaker 4: So on that is a huge fan, aren't they.
Speaker 13: Yeah, exactly, And I am too obviously seen a kid in the eighties. I've got three teen age children suit teenage daughters like you, Christian, so they'll be mortified if they had the pseudo Echo over there and at the front of our houses and other primary school so there's a lot of traffic and a lot of activity around the area.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. This sounds great, Wayne, Thank you so much for inviting us mate.
Speaker 13: Oh, I would love to have you over there.
Speaker 4: Thanks mate, Let's go to shouts here, come on in shaz Hi.
Speaker 22: How are you going, Christian?
Speaker 4: Good shah? So what would be like doing the show with Sidorko around at yours?
Speaker 22: Oh my goodness, I would love to have you guys over. I'm Chaza and my husband is Dazza. Believe it or not, I Sha and we met in the eighties and one of the first gigs we went to was at the Dorset Gardens Hotel and we saw Pseudo Echo together.
Speaker 4: Oh no way, that's so cool. Ah right, and I wonder you'd love to have this.
Speaker 22: Oh, it'd be amazing. I listen to your show every morning and as soon as I heard, I was like, I've got a call. But the main thing for me choose I'd love to have you over and surprise my husband sneak you in because he's actually just recovering from prostate cancer surgery.
Speaker 4: First of all, I hope his recovery is going well. But listen, and I'm sure there's a hell of a lot of equipment that we need to bring, right and that generators to go live to Melbourne and the band as well. How do you think we're going to sneak all the gearing one are you sleeping?
Speaker 22: He'll know someone will hear. Someone will be listening this morning and no Shad and does from con and I'll bring and go, oh my god, I.
Speaker 10: Hete you on the radios.
Speaker 4: It well hear about this.
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, but I've got the kids.
Speaker 19: I'll love it.
Speaker 22: They'll cook your big breakfast. I'll make the coffee in most welcome.
Speaker 4: Ah, this is lovely. Well listen, I hope Dazza is recovering well. Shazer Oh good, oh good. This is what I trained on when I moved to Australia. I take the shot Shazzer and dassert.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: It's been revealed that King Charles will have a much cheaper yeah right corona. So it is certainly going to be aldi in kmart vibes. Is it much cheaper? Bringing up be way over the spring Roam Crown. It's gonna have a much cheaper coronation than mummy is the Queen Elizabeth? Who's that cost? But in mind it was seventy odd years ago eighteen million pounds? That was then a statement said the shorter more frugal coronation because the king is very aware of the struggles felt by modern Britons. I saw a news report on this yesterday saying how a lot of the ancient rituals are going to be asked. The whole family is an ancient ritual and the other thing. I couldn't believe this. They had one of these numpty rawal experts, right boom, time to be a royal expert this year, who said, you know, and Prince Charles has already revealed he wants to act the guest list, right, so you think, well, what's he going to take off? You know, a couple of hundred people. He wants to ax it by six thousand, right.
Speaker 3: How many people are provided in the first place?
Speaker 4: How do you go through six and there must have been many more. He's got to go. No, no, the King of where never been there? Bulgaric, no, hate them, he's axing it. My sixth.
Speaker 2: Queen had eight bounced apparently.
Speaker 3: Really yes, he's having like.
Speaker 4: All right, so today's time waste stuff with this dirt cheap coronation. We're looking for your cheap bands. Who's playing on stage at cheap fest?
Speaker 9: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Tell it's not mister mister, no, no, no, no, it's mis miser half a s. I'll tell you what's very cheap to get into this cheap fest blink one dollar eighty two gold just about men not to work. I haven't had a gig in years. Men not to work. Tell you who else is playing? He's singing this song poison and let's coupon. Hollywood is very expensive. That's not cheap. We've got a Hollywood, is it? But Frank he's gone to wear abe.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's bronze minus minus.
Speaker 4: Spand out ballet, very expensive, all those lessons, it's far cheaper. Spanned out conga.
Speaker 15: A conga line.
Speaker 4: It's easy and Charlie might be doing it at the current age to come. You know what the market price right now? For a leopard, it's so expensive or not hearing or not. It's a lot, but not cheap. But to get a deaf cheetah is it?
Speaker 3: It's not really a sho cheap.
Speaker 4: Practically parts comedy for always go for a chip hip, DeFi is funny. What does deaf chim get? If that's a you're gonna all right, jack? What have you got? What bands are on stage at cheap first, it's spreading is contagious. The comedy scrimp skitsity silver chimp biscuit would have been yeah, money jim Biscuit got the focus because they're now going to send us chimpy ones.
Speaker 3: How do they get the costco gold, the bare Naked lay Bys, Oh no, that is gold plus and Jefferson airplane very expensive. Get a fly Jefferson old train.
Speaker 4: Plus, well done? All right, what have you got them? Cheap bands?
Speaker 7: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: That's mark today's time waste when it can feel cheap bands? You ready to mark? Yes, so mix a little, mix a lot. Julie pseudo economical gold hard off the breast, well abby, Johnny, No cash silver, not talking heads, no quietly mumbling heads is cheap? No nice tripe tight, said Fred Gold rage against the vending machine, these prices kidding me Gold Anthony, well done, buy one, get one, beg oh Daniel, that is very good, opshop boys, silver puss, give me my nickelback silver? What Matt frugal fighters silver good? Use the word frugal. Set of star ship very expensive. Those Christians start dinging gold came Artellica gold, that's very good to put your name on that one. Whoever sent us Kmartellica Value I am Will, I am Value, I A is Silver, Notorious b I g Overdraft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brons, Yeah, Taylor Thrift Silver.
Speaker 4: Can I have fifty cents?
Speaker 3: Silver?
Speaker 4: Pass Overdraft Punk Silver? Bob Marley and the Sailors?
Speaker 3: Is that cheaper?
Speaker 7: Christian O'Connell's Show podcast