Speaker 1: Got anything. Dad. Hey, this is the Christian ocunnell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's cost live to Philadelphia and I'm in there. E Roch, are you there?
Speaker 1: Yes? I am. How are you well?
Speaker 2: Great? E Rock? Welcome to the show. So the super Bowl? Can Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: I've seen you stuff on Instagram. You are a mad one eyed Philadelphia Eagles super fan. I love the passion.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Can the Eagles do it? Absolutely? Do? I think the Kansas City Chiefs pose a great threat and are a great team and a great friendship with the referees sometimes. Absolutely. Listen. We saw it a couple of years ago. You know, the Birds, you know, were one holding penalty short of beaten Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs once before. But I think this time this Eagles team has a nastier defense, they got the league's leading rusher, and we're all gearing up to get ready to have the biggest party on Broad Street after Sunday's game.
Speaker 2: Now, I remember quite a few years ago in twenty eighteen when you last won it and the city just went feral. You just went mad because Eagles fans are knowing all over the world are being sort of super fans.
Speaker 3: Plus yeah, well, let's make no bones about it. Other fans can say whatever they want. We are the craziest, most passionate, most energetic, most loyal fan base in the entire NFL. Heck, we're hoping all of Australia over there is going to be Eagles fans because we.
Speaker 1: Got one of your own. We got Jordan Mallatt on our team. We're hoping to bring some Australian craziness with us. But absolutely we didn't know what it was like to win a Super Bowl. So we were climbing poles, setting off fireworks in the street, just partying. But it was all positive energy.
Speaker 2: Now you're right now, Australia, will we watch in this Super Bowl? Because often Australians out in the NFL are normally punters, you know that is put on to kick the boat as far as again his punted down the field. But obviously he's a key man. He's a left tackle, so this is a big role.
Speaker 1: Left tackle. To explain to people that don't know American football, left tackle has to be the biggest, baddest, meanest dude because their best pass rusher, which is the guy trying to in essence murder your quarterback. He had the most talented guy on their team is on the left side because that's the quarterback's blind side. He can't see him coming right. So Jordan Malatta, the pride of Australia right and on the Philadelphia Eagles Pro Bowl left tackle is in charge of protecting Jailen Hurts from getting absolutely obliterated out there.
Speaker 2: I was watching some of the footage and one of the commentatess was because he's a big dude, but that's just like what six eight hundred and sixty hundred and seventy kilos and he was just popping these guys like pretzels. The commentates of the yet analysis just went, he's voting people in half.
Speaker 1: He really is. He's a massive human being. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times. I'm five foot six, my friend, exactly like you ever Steve would ventriloquist with like a puppet zombies like that, That's what I look like standing.
Speaker 3: Next thing, and so have you?
Speaker 2: Have you taken to him?
Speaker 1: We love him. Not only is he an incredible athlete, an incredible player and good at his job. Philadelphia is a tough city, right. We don't like everybody, but he has such a connection with the fans. Certain players have to be spokespeople for the team, right they just have that outgoing personality they represent the organization well. Jordan Mulatta has slid into that player personality, media savvy. Like, it's so weird in Philadelphia to be like, here's our favorite eagle and he speaks with an Australian act, you know what I mean. It's so wild, but he does. He's embraced the city, he's embraced the sports, nothing about the game and became unbelievable at it right here in Philly.
Speaker 2: It's incredible sports story because he never picked up an American football until about twenty eighteen, and then he becomes a big star.
Speaker 1: It's almost what you want because a lot of these guys that have gone through pee wee football as a kid, in high school football, college football, it's almost like they learn bad habits. When if you get a massive six foot eight offs right in front of you that you know is athletic, that you know can truck dudes would run people over. From Australian rules that you know rugby and everything like that, you almost have an unmolded piece of clays Line. Yeah, our offensive line coach, who's the best in the NFL, said, Okay, I'm going to take this raw talent and I'm going to teach him exactly everything I want him to do, the way I want him to do it, and how to do it. And he was open to learning picked up on it. Boom becomes the best left tackle in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: And what Draff pick was, he was way way way down.
Speaker 1: He was a seventh round pick. A couple of hundred people got picked. And I think with him being from Australia, all of a sudden, now, much like Major League Baseball and much like basketball, the eyes of shifted to international. Where can we find these diamonds in the rough? And we found our first big one right there.
Speaker 2: It means that, you know, obviously the game is later on this morning, Monday morning for ours because of the time difference. It means that every big Australian is now going to be watching the Super Bowl going, that's it. I'm heading to America. Get me an NFL team. I'm six s eight, I'm fat, I'm massive, I'm going to be a millionaire. Where's Taylor Swift?
Speaker 1: Hey? Listen exactly and if you're one of those people, I want you to call up Howie Roseman, who is our general manager. Don't talk to the New York Giants where they're terrible team. You'll do nothing but lose.
Speaker 2: Now, Listen, I don't want to be the voice of doubt here, okay, but what happens if you lose? What happens to that party five? If you lose? I hate to even say it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, we have everyone's going to be drunk. I mean, let's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because booze and losing go really well, they're really good partners exactly.
Speaker 1: And if we lose, the only thing I'll ask you guys to do Pray for us, Pray for our city.
Speaker 2: Hope some prayers. Hope some prayers. My friend, Eric, enjoy your Super Bowl. Thanks for chatting to us.
Speaker 1: Mate, you got it. Take care of guys.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast