Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor back for the show Friday Morning, Show number fifty three. It is two minutes past six, cold, fresh Friday morning. But it doesn't matter what I think. Let's go straight away to beg John to see what he reckons.
Speaker 3: Morning, Christian, Big John here with your four o'clock morning roaming weather report. So this morning out at Labdon two point seven degrees, it currently feels like minus point seven.
Speaker 4: It is fresh, beanie's on, gloves are on?
Speaker 3: Wow anyway, chasing the top of eighteen today, And yes, Pats, you are right.
Speaker 4: I was feeling a little under the weather. Back to you, Christian, Thank you come.
Speaker 5: A woman always knows day thing it was.
Speaker 4: I think he was touched up by the concern there.
Speaker 6: And we drop a low freezing with the feels like temperature this morning, and that for.
Speaker 2: The first time in two weeks since we've discovered Big John out there doing the weather for us. Often he's talked about the beanie, but never the gloves and the beanie. That's how fresh it is this morning. All right, then, I've just realized written down in my hand sometimes if I can't find I'm always making notes of stuff that might be interesting or not to talk about on the show. I've got post it notes, I've got notes on my phone, just like words. I've just realized this morning, I couldn't find anything.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the night. I just wrote down deep heat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Now, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago I had had a depeat accident.
Speaker 6: I thought all dpeat would be removed from your house by now.
Speaker 4: No, I needed it again.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Jack, I was I'm a little a little bit uncomfortable today just walking and moving around in the gym. Yesterday and I was doing something you've ever done, an exercise with a barbell called sumo squats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it sounds painful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got a wide leg stack.
Speaker 2: Wider leg, open toe stance, and you grabbed the barbell between your legs and it's an explosive movement. Anyway, Yesterday, I'm doing it front of the second time, and I hadn't limbered up on the old roller because I was rushing.
Speaker 4: I thought I'll get this out.
Speaker 2: I want to get out and join the sunshine, take the dog for a walk on the beach, and men of a certain age, maybe at forty five, you're gonna be easy. Suddenly starting to do something new called a sumo squad and I was about up to out rep number eight, and you know, you just feel something pin.
Speaker 4: It's pink and the pinging was at the top of my thigh, you know, and that inner thigh, and it's very hard to break it up and rub it out. That was your DP danger area last time. So I'm in bed yesterday evening, right, where's this? I have to get the DP out?
Speaker 2: And I think, right, I'll I'll start to just vigorously rub the upper thigh. Come on, we're grown ups, Okay. I think it's a groin strain or something here. Athletes have this US DJs too, So I'm vigorously rubbing the top of my thigh with the DP.
Speaker 4: Okay. My wife walks in. She goes, oh, I said, it's not that I've heard this doing sumo squats. Just what the head I've got time now, I said, I'm just rubbing. Here is agony.
Speaker 2: And then suddenly, you know, we get into bed, and I start the awful, awful screaming as I hadn't thought obviously if you apply it there and you you know, yep, you shift and let's just say, the silk pouch is going to come into concert and it's a it's a very thin membrane.
Speaker 4: It's a thin membrane around the silk pouch.
Speaker 6: All I can say, first time, shame on DP, Second time, shame on you.
Speaker 4: I can't understand.
Speaker 2: I can't describe the screaming pain for about the next twenty minutes with waves in waves. So I said to my wife to go and get a teetwel go downstairs.
Speaker 8: She creates because if I moved, they would swing in the silk person would come to contact with.
Speaker 4: The deep peat, and more pain would arrive. I couldn't handle any more pain.
Speaker 5: So what have you got some sort of tornic range?
Speaker 2: Yes, you got a teatowel, which wife said, we're gonna have to throw away.
Speaker 4: Burn it's been.
Speaker 6: Because of no matter how many times you watch it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I hope this is injury that I'm nursing at the moment, and the thought of the pain last night with the deep peat doesn't impair my performance on today's show probably still as amateurish as normal. It is all request Friday. We got a really busy show for you today, folks. We got Hamius mcgochlin's back with a brand new phrase that pays, which we're getting into right about eight thirty this morning. We also got a great top ten from the Sam stir of Jack Post. Did he really say that? You can hear a hell of a lot more of the song the song for Melbourne that is sounding amazing even driving into what this morning, but Ducer Brad and I were listening to it turning it up.
Speaker 4: Jack. Good.
Speaker 5: This is your work, well done, Jack.
Speaker 4: Honestly it is so good when we we're not going to play the four thing yet, but when you hear it this morning you'll be blown away. It is so good.
Speaker 2: We added some amazing singers yesterday and it sounds incredible, so you can hear.
Speaker 4: That on this morning show.
Speaker 2: But right now then, all requests, all the music this morning, every single Friday is peaped by you. We go this morning too, so a look, hell have we got? So Frankie goes to Hollywood, relaxed for Donna in packing and kicking us off this morning, enjoy.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We thank Donna in packing them for Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Relax, Christian. I never knew about the song until I watched zoo Land after you were talking about it a couple of weeks ago and that scene, and heard the song on there, and I had to go and look for it. It's a fantastic song. Yeah, they were a really smart eighties nineties band. Frankie Goes to Hollywood. There's an amazing song that have you ever heard Welcome to the Pleasure Dome.
Speaker 6: No, but saying them they're really smart makes it sound like they're good at maths and stuff.
Speaker 4: They are. Holly Johnson, the lead singer.
Speaker 2: It's got a master's degree in mod modern triggonometry. So this morning show, I just want to raise another red flag, not just about my I struggling moving. Our big producer are a senior producer, Uncle Brad.
Speaker 4: Yes, he lives near me, so he picks me up in the morning.
Speaker 2: We have a chat, which that was sort talking about the show and you know, and this and that and anyway, I noticed that a couple of times he's he's doing a double take, staring a couple of times and like moving his head back and forth at the instrument panel also known as a dashboard. Okay, I say, you're right, do you need to clean your glassroom because you don't want to be driving down the pan highway right with a guy who keeps looking at the the dashboard like like it's the first time he's seen it.
Speaker 6: Is he looking over the top of his glasses as well, because that's how you look at the phone from here to getting close.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's knocking on a bit, but we get rid of that office chair out there and get a rocking chair for old grandpa. He still thinks I'm grubby and d D every morning, by the way, he's like, how are you grubby d D?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Anyway, go to what.
Speaker 2: Put over with cleaning in the middle of an apperiod traveling at speed and had souped up our home.
Speaker 7: He's got as well, so which are the blinking lights?
Speaker 6: And going off one of them?
Speaker 2: He's forgotten his glasses and he had to stop in a service station earlier at servo and just buy you know, there's like five but generic ones pick up off the stands that aren't really measured for your eyes. They just like one time start fine, Yeah, he's just got a pair of cheaper one.
Speaker 4: He's got four hours staring at all the information, even the phone system we did. We just send him home.
Speaker 5: Now, anything could happen.
Speaker 2: I had to do this before, right, because I wear glasses reading and I was running to catch a train and I dropped mine. Had to go and buy some and all they had at the pharmacy right was a lady's pair, got an older lady.
Speaker 4: They were like Dame Edner. They were like has to go at day, had despects. That's the only ones they had there.
Speaker 2: We're breaking out the Michael Barton second song in this Morning for you. This is Michael Marton, How can we belovers for Ashley?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Let you pick all the music.
Speaker 2: We're breaking out song to Michael Bolton, Mickey b How can we be lovers for Ashley this morning? Sixteen minutes past six. Where we work here in Richmond, we are lucky. We are right in the middle of sort of Swan Street and Bridge Street and it is a great area. Okay, there's a lot of places, a lot of good coffee shops, a lot of places you can get some really nice food. And I'm now worried that you know, I've been doing this show now almost twelve weeks, that we got south Jack and I got ourself into a It's a situation, isn't it.
Speaker 4: We're we're by the way, I have.
Speaker 2: Sticking around this morning. The jackets on like you it is doing it linklin link.
Speaker 4: And if if you get irritated, it's going to take off and go. That's it. That's enough. I'll pick it up monday.
Speaker 6: Will you demand a full air con full blast in here?
Speaker 7: Cold I'm going to kick the jacket and the kid bomb.
Speaker 2: I think a cold team is a happy team. Repeat after me. A cold team is a happy team.
Speaker 6: A cold team is a happy team. Leader here we go.
Speaker 4: So anyway, yeah, we are in a situation.
Speaker 6: Well, I want to ask who's the fault here?
Speaker 5: And will be the perfect me.
Speaker 2: Bear in mind, Pats, if we're saying she's a POFECT Mediations, it's a person who's who has kerosene.
Speaker 4: Rapped into a scout by her mum.
Speaker 2: We discovered yesterday to get rid of nits agent orange or something in your hair.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 6: We went to order some toasted cheese sandwiches a little breakfast after.
Speaker 4: The show yesterday.
Speaker 5: Well thanks for the infant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did ask around. I got the teams and coffees as well.
Speaker 6: You weren't around, yeah, kick, Yeah, it's because it's that booth separation paths. Sometimes I don't know where you are, and.
Speaker 4: That's a good thing. I'm here anyway.
Speaker 6: Apologies, Pats, but we in this story. We're getting too only two ham and cheese tomato sandwiches.
Speaker 4: And you've been smart, you rang ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we get We get to the place. Are we are we saying the name?
Speaker 4: Yeah, black Gold, just around the corner the right, Yes, there is. We can never go back, so, yeah, what happened?
Speaker 2: We can never go back paths because Jack screwed something up.
Speaker 7: No, I think it's Christian's fault.
Speaker 6: We get there and there's a girls' school spilling out of the door, every one of them, a whole school seemingly is ordering a coffee.
Speaker 4: You talk about twenty to twenty five kids.
Speaker 5: It's gigglings and just.
Speaker 4: Know there were she well behave. It's just chaos in there, and it's.
Speaker 6: Not a big place, no, and the sheer volume of people spilling out of there. We just looked at took one look at it, and go we've got to go. As we're walking away, and I did not feel good about that because I know it already placed the order, the kitchen's probably starting it.
Speaker 5: You didn't get your order.
Speaker 6: Well, the waitress comes out and catches us looking in, and she goes, oh, are you guys right, and I and Christian says no, no, we're fine, starts walking away and I said, wow, we did you know? We did place an order for two sandwiches. Do you want to tell the kitchen not to make it? We won't bother because of the line, right. She goes, oh, the kitchen's already started those. Let me just go in and grab them. You can jump the queue of.
Speaker 7: All the I won't be able to get coffee.
Speaker 2: We also wanted coffee, she said, but you want me to get coffee, so then we've got to go somewhere else. And I think this is no point we counsel this now, So I say, actually, you don't know what. Tell the kitchen we don't want them is very busy. We waiting for ages and she's like, you don't know what they to stay there?
Speaker 4: What's boxes? Stay there?
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, just tell the kitchen and she goes, they've got them ready. Is there's no way she could have known that they've got them ready. So she goes in.
Speaker 4: Right. We stood there for about ten seconds. I go, let's just go now.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to do a runner.
Speaker 2: We didn't do a runner. Okay, I canceled the order. Okay, we we We did leave at speed. Okay, we did leave at speed. We didn't run, but we weren't walking with that thing where you're kind of in between walking and running.
Speaker 5: You know, walk of shame.
Speaker 6: And on top of that, I've got on the gold promotional jump.
Speaker 5: Over that yesterday. Yes, oh Jack, No.
Speaker 6: I'm taking down the whole station at the same time.
Speaker 5: What is it with blokes?
Speaker 9: When you I remember Chris had I sent Chris to get his cholesterol checked at the local pharmacy. He couldn't get a park right out the front, tried once, so just came home.
Speaker 4: I'm with him on this. She done nothing and I said how was it?
Speaker 5: And he said I don't know. And I said, what do you mean, And he said I couldn't find it hard?
Speaker 7: Yeah, too hard.
Speaker 4: So and then two hours later Bradel producer had to go by and just get some coffees for himself, and he saw there were two loan toasties.
Speaker 7: Machine waiting for toasts.
Speaker 5: Must have felt so.
Speaker 2: Perhaps we didn't really do anything wrong. I did say, look, we don't want the food. We need to go somewhere else. And but she did say stay where you are. I'm going to get you.
Speaker 4: And we didn't stay where we were.
Speaker 5: Your name is black?
Speaker 4: Do you reckon? Yep? You think we can ever go back?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, what if what if Jack goes in today and apologizes he was your fault?
Speaker 7: You did the run, It goes in an apologize.
Speaker 9: No, I think you need to wring them and say hey, listen, especially because you had the gold top on.
Speaker 5: If you didn't have the gold top on, you might have got away with it.
Speaker 6: I think it's Christian's fault from here on, I dust my hands on the situation.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? Give us a cool this morning? I think that we should.
Speaker 2: I should go back in and apologize for Jack and say, listen with somebody, yesterday you ordered the food I think the responsibility is with Jack.
Speaker 4: But I'm happy to go in and be an adult.
Speaker 2: Here because Jack couldn't because he, you know, just fell apart there. Do you think we should go back and apologize and pay for the toasties?
Speaker 4: Or is it okay to cancel an order.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Cure in between days for Tanya. So Jack and I may burnt our bridges. With the coffee shop just around the corner, Jack called herhead ordered some food yesterday.
Speaker 4: We went there.
Speaker 2: There was a massive cute. It's chaos in there. It's not their fault. They're busy. That's good for them, but I'm thinking we're gonna be waiting ages. She even said, oh no, forget about the coffees. But we had order some food and she told us to wait outside. She go and get the food. I said, oh, look, just curses counsel of food order. She went, they've really started making it. And then she went inside to get it. And I'm afraid to say that I suggested that we just go.
Speaker 5: You did a runner.
Speaker 4: Jack was reluctant. He actually made this noise. Can go start your car. Start your car.
Speaker 7: And you know I've got that bung door on the passenger side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you start the car.
Speaker 2: He was a right, he was in there gunning it and it's I had to put my foot. I thought he was just going to leave me off. When you stay there, you pay. So who's your fault here? Adrian's on the line. He's a barista, Adrian, what do you reckon? What's your take on this?
Speaker 10: Come on, Christian? How long have you been buying food from Catholic It's just is this a new things you made?
Speaker 4: Pommies don't how to pay for food?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just crazy man like. So I recommend the next time you go back and that you might want to like shave your head so they don't reckon.
Speaker 2: So you reckon, it's it's my fault then, because they already start the food order, I need to go into and apologize and pay for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Man, you're into the contract, so you gotta you gotta.
Speaker 4: Contract. Actually I didn't enter the contract. Jack did. Jack ordered the food. I'm an innocent bystander here. Check screwed is.
Speaker 6: With the call I made to them to order the food. I had the contract written up didn't get a chance to sign it when I got.
Speaker 10: There, walk away from the got number as well.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 10: They should have got your numbers so they could have called you back and said, like, you know, the food's reading or you know, if you've done the runner, then you'd be able to call you back and go, oh hey, yeah, you got to come back and get this food agent.
Speaker 2: Can I just say for the record here, no one ran and we weren't walking. We weren't running. We're in between. Okay, we walked a kind of uppace, a light jog if you want. But I think Jack is a fault here really because also what about the customers always right, I said, we don't want them, it's too busy.
Speaker 10: But the biggest thing that the biggest problem here that you've got is the waste of the food if anything, you know, Like it doesn't matter about the money or the way, the time anything like that. Man, It's like there's people out there that you know that you know, even the dishy, Like I really hope the dishy got to take that food home, man.
Speaker 4: Like that's why I did it.
Speaker 2: It was more of a gift to them, Like whom somebody else's food? I'm not paying it backwards, paying it forward, and paying its sideways. So anyway, listen, buddy, Dan's a gooding and have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connor Reckface show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed this brilliant Prince song like we Are, it's Andrew and Killside the request of this little red Corvette from Princess coming up for twenty.
Speaker 4: To seven every Friday morning. We do this once a week.
Speaker 2: Did your early morning game where you get to stump the show. It's all about you trying to test the show. We give you ten seconds to try and give us a cryptic clue to movie.
Speaker 6: I'm a movie.
Speaker 4: I'm a movie. I'm a movie. I'm a movie too? What movie am I? All right?
Speaker 2: See you jump on the phones. You give us a cryptic clue in one line to a movie. No quotes, no lines from the movie, whatsoever. It's just a cryptic clue. You're try and stump the show to a movie. We've got people already lined up.
Speaker 4: Last week. Did you win this didn't? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you cheat?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I got storm?
Speaker 4: That's it? Yeah? Do you remember? Do you remember? I remember? Now?
Speaker 2: I barely remember a thing about the previous days show, right, I was just at show amnesia, you know.
Speaker 4: However, suddenly it's all coming back to me.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, it's.
Speaker 7: Now was the what where did that come from?
Speaker 4: The detective? Rock and roll Detective?
Speaker 5: Let it be on the record. No more.
Speaker 6: Well, your husband's watch it at home or Christians from doing the dice Man impersonation.
Speaker 4: Daryl's on the line.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Darryl, Good morning, Good morning, dice Man. All right, then, if you go watch your clue to the movie zip It Science.
Speaker 4: To the Lambs, zip it was it? Zip It Austin Powers zip.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they can't be a line from a movie. It's gonna be a crippy clue.
Speaker 7: Zip it up.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking like zipping up a costume.
Speaker 4: Kill Bill. No ill, time is up? What is it? Darryl Drey Willie.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: That is very good, But this time of mornings had come up with the clue of that, Dar, I'll send your prize. That is very good, too smart for us this early. Rooney, good morning, Sorry not Rooney, Rodney, good morning, good morning, Rodney.
Speaker 4: Off you go. What's your clue for us? Mate? O, babe, babe pig in the city.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, Charlotte, swap babe?
Speaker 4: Is it Babe?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Is it Charlotte's wib No wink oink wink oink Bacon.
Speaker 5: With Kevin Bacon?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: Ten seconds? Is up? Rodney? What is it?
Speaker 7: A piginy Son.
Speaker 4: Classic classic av film porky?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Another great clue? Will send your prize, Rodney, Well done. It's two to them at the moment. Come on to him, Scott. Good morning. By the way, I do love for.
Speaker 5: No I need a buzzer or something that I can push.
Speaker 2: Sorry about the people are speaking. They like the dice man on Friday. Scott, what's your clue for us?
Speaker 10: My clue is an Egyptian tells us Scott how many they can be the Mummy?
Speaker 5: Was that a Scott you said? Tells the Scott braveheart.
Speaker 6: There can only be one child?
Speaker 4: Correct? Well done, because I was speaking of Scottish movies. It's brave, That's really it. Great movie, Okay, Scotty, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Fine around round two? You versus us every Friday with amor movie? I'm a movie? What movie? Am I you get ten seconds and we get ten seconds.
Speaker 4: Try and gets your movie.
Speaker 6: I'm a movie.
Speaker 4: I'm a movie in the movie. I'm a movie too.
Speaker 2: What movie at the moment is two to you and only one to us?
Speaker 4: Before we go on any further or gift our.
Speaker 5: Pats, where's that buzzer?
Speaker 2: First of all, one of the first clues we have this morning is a really really smart one. Zip it the movie free Willy. We didn't get it in the ten seconds. Jen's on the line. You don't get the clue.
Speaker 10: I don't get it, Willy, Jen because.
Speaker 4: Obviously, well Jen, you're You're obviously a grown up lady. This is a.
Speaker 2: This is a very I'm not this is a very awkward conversation to have on the radio.
Speaker 4: But thanks for this. Is deliberately put me in this difficult situation. You know, if you think about gentlemen's trousers. Yeah, what is this behind the zip? Here we go go. You went there. I didn't need to go there. That's it. Now you get the free Willy. There we go. All right? That good awkward, very quickly.
Speaker 5: An education.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ree, good morning, good morning. Okay, Reese, wash the clue for us, buddy.
Speaker 12: It's liquid vessel descending.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's impossibly hard.
Speaker 4: Cup, liquid vessel, a beaker, dawn periscope.
Speaker 6: No, no, isn't it a periscope?
Speaker 5: Shark Nato?
Speaker 4: No, liquid vessel descending drop? Now I'll ten seconds up. What is it? Reese?
Speaker 10: It's water ship down?
Speaker 6: Never heard of it.
Speaker 4: It's it's an animation only very sad one about rabbits.
Speaker 12: Bring it's it's actually my old boy's suggestion.
Speaker 13: He's a hard drive and so he got made a call up.
Speaker 4: I love that he got a designated caller. You call him. I'm driving. Ryan's on the line. Good morning, Good morning, all right, Brian, what'sh your clue for us?
Speaker 6: Hard boiled eggs?
Speaker 10: Communicate egg heads?
Speaker 5: Hard boiled conds?
Speaker 4: Look much eggs talking looking eggy chat chat Now, I've got no idea. We need to wake up team. They're running rings around us are today? What is it? Brian? Cool hand? Luke? Oh the eggs. Oh that's a good one to send you a prize word. I'm Brian, big Dan.
Speaker 10: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: How are we well?
Speaker 2: We're struggling this morning, big Dan. You're just peppering us with these clues. We can't get them quick enough.
Speaker 13: I've got your a game as well.
Speaker 4: I think, well, okay, are you ready?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, bucket head, nickers, bucket head.
Speaker 4: But what is there?
Speaker 6: Isn't there some kind of like Benny He'll style comedies where the knickers fall on people's heads?
Speaker 4: That was every episode?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is this a well known movie, Big Dan?
Speaker 10: Yes, it is bucket.
Speaker 6: Head, and a very very good movie too. Okay, all that's coming to my mental image is people wearing the KFC buckets on their head, which I know isn't helpful, Big Dan, Our times up?
Speaker 4: What is it? Okay?
Speaker 14: It will be pel can brief.
Speaker 4: It's a really good flue.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 4: Brief's another name for underwear. What's the bit? Actually, you're right, what's the pelican bit?
Speaker 10: The big membrane on its mouth.
Speaker 11: It's like a big bucket.
Speaker 6: Yes, bucket be a bear or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, that is not No, forget that.
Speaker 2: Shame on the producers putting that through, generally making me have that awkward conversation as well. All right, so one last one. Okay, producers put through one last call.
Speaker 6: And while they while they picked the call up, can I quickly say down? Periscope? In nineteen ninety six American Film with Kelsey Grammont, Lauren Holly and Rob Schneider.
Speaker 4: I apologize, I apologize. Wow, Rob Schneider in any movie he's in, it's always a really good and the man that gave us Juice Bigelow melt Terry, good morning, good morning. How are you well.
Speaker 2: We're struggling, Terry, but I'm hoping the last chance of redemption.
Speaker 4: Off you go with your clue, tall, hot building, towering and fun.
Speaker 6: They good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you win today, Christian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but well they were all over us. That was very good, Terry. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: You pick all the music. Susie and que kicking off this hour Bridge Spring.
Speaker 2: Seeing the Boss with Glory Days s eleven minutes past seven, Friday morning, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: What are you up to?
Speaker 7: You directed at me? Or is that for the listening?
Speaker 4: This is what happened? What just happened. I looked at you, I gaged your eye contents and said.
Speaker 2: You're right there, you're talking to me. I always get the feeling that you are an alien. It's sent down to observe us, but you haven't had the correct humanoid upload. So sometimes there's a gap and you're still trying to listen Spock.
Speaker 4: Yes, when one of us looks at you and are you okay? You're talking to me?
Speaker 2: It's not just that I was watching you right right, Producer by and I we're observing you in the last minute. I'm maybe my angle here is wrong, But do you just take a time out?
Speaker 4: Do you appreciate the enormity.
Speaker 2: Of the task here that we are a brand new breakfast show in the world's most competitive marketplace, Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We're only twelve weeks old. You've just spent a minute of the show drawing round your own hands. Have you not just been doing that into your notepads?
Speaker 6: I have you lad doodle as a way of creativity.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Why are you drawing round your own hand and coloring it as not? As that His tongue was sticking out like a little kid.
Speaker 6: What was the last song we had? Glory Days? Yes, I've also drawn in block letters glory.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the creativity came off there. So actually, you know, don't we don't need to worry. He's got the creativity coming out this morning show. Then We've got the phrase that pays with Hamish Romclocklin and what's it going to issue? Hamishe yet a challenge as well trying to make sense yesterday of the ongoing drama that is the lib spill. I think this is in twenty seven people now that're up for that gig.
Speaker 6: Everybody, anyone can put their hand out. You probably are eligible or I'm.
Speaker 2: Ringing them later on after the show. Here's what I was trying to explain to my kids yesterday. What was going was like, so what does this mean? And I was struggling. When Hamish is in, right, he's a smart guy. I'm going to get him to explain to all of us using AFL terms and references, what is going on? All right, That's going to be his challenge this morning when he comes in, okay, using AFL terms and references what is going on with the lib spill, to see if it makes any more sense, if he can break it down that way. Yesterday I went to my oldest daughter. The school is the parent teacher, evening our first one in Australia. No matter where you are in the world, they're the same. The kids get really really nervous. Okay, the kids get nervous beforehand. A couple of hours and got your teacher's evening and at we went there, You're go and sit in that little chair, you know, they always have like an adult chair, and you have to sit in one of those little kiddie ones.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Straight away you start feeling like you're back at school, even though I'm a forty five year old adult. Humany, but still I still feel like and you start for oh hi, mister so and so, Hi, missus so and so. You feel like you though I'm not back at school, you get that edgy feeling. And I found myself talking about like pomming it up a bit like oh yes, no, no, no. They barely watch the TV in the evening. We're only doing poetry readings and recites. We like to play parlor games and charades in the evening though they don't have phones. You start lying and trying to point it. However, as I'm driving around my wife and we're talking about it and breaking down what has happened, and they went through all the different lessons. Now a thought has occurred to me about the parent teacher Evening and this show. I'll tell you about it next christ.
Speaker 1: Who Can't Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: The great thing about giving you control the music.
Speaker 2: Every Fridays you come up with these little gems, songs we haven't played for ages. This by the Members Radio brilliant song from back in the eighties nineteen eighty two. Lyle in lily Dale, thank you very much for suggesting this brilliant song. Eighteen minutes past seventh Mornings to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. So as I was leaving my daughter's first ever here in Australia and Melbourne, first of a parent teacher evening.
Speaker 6: How do you do?
Speaker 7: By the way, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean only been there a couple of weeks, but you know they go through all the different lessons and stuff like this. But what I was thinking is at the age of sixteen that stops.
Speaker 4: There's no more parent teacher eaving. Okay, you don't get any more in your life.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking, yeah, Yellow Basis, that's his parents in the other day with Sue the boss.
Speaker 4: So she used to focus more and apply herself more.
Speaker 7: But you guys should stop putting Kerothene.
Speaker 11: In her hair.
Speaker 5: It's tripped into my brain.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking, here's what I'd like to do with the show is have a parent teacher evening, but with your parents, Jack and also Pats yours as well, just to sort of review how you're going over the year. So in a couple of months time, I would sit down with them and go through your work, and I show them some of your beautiful art you've been doing there joining around somehow, I plague about some of Pats's bulletins and some of the unique ways she pronounces some of the sports stars, which I know whether nobody else does in the world.
Speaker 4: It just sort of, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Put up some of the pictures that you've done, Jack and around the office and goes Jack's doing very well, just to focus a little bit more disruptive.
Speaker 6: To so Pats and I get a review, but your parents are ten thousand kilometers away in the UK, so you wouldn't get the same, no scrutiny.
Speaker 4: Because the teacher didn't get it. And I guess I'm the teacher on the show.
Speaker 5: He's the grands a teacher I think.
Speaker 6: Is probably our teacher or Brad. Uncle Brad's the teacher.
Speaker 2: Have you seen him today today? He actually just asked me what I mind if you went home to get his classes.
Speaker 5: I mean he's struggling this morning.
Speaker 4: You're suring around your hand.
Speaker 2: I've got an exec producer who wants to drive home the show to go and get his classes.
Speaker 1: This show is doomed, so Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold, one oh four point three, Thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much, Katherine in Mornington question of that dragon, I old enough for Rest Friday seven point thirty. The phrase that bays with our friend Hamers regard twin. He's here in an hour's time. He keeps asking for songs at the moment. The once we actually played last week in all request, and we always like to try and keep it fresh.
Speaker 4: You know, he's asked for two songs.
Speaker 2: So actually you listens pit last week, two great songs in for minds, don't you forget about Me?
Speaker 4: And dance all days as well? Two great great songs.
Speaker 6: But shouldn't you have to go through the switchboard like everybody else, rather go direct?
Speaker 4: He's gone insideline. You know, come on, he's a player. His knees.
Speaker 2: He's bothering me with him. Sorry said it's never really bothered here from me. But he's has sling me. So listen for the phrase that pays today. This is how we thought we'd find the phrase that pays from you to give to him, to say, I'm on TV tonight for the dead rubber match for your team the bombers.
Speaker 4: Come on. You're not with the big boys on the dash, so.
Speaker 2: He's on an hour's time. It's not that we do We do it via tombstone texts. This is if you have a look at your phone when it's safe this morning, in the next half an hour, the most recent text that's on your phone or the one, the one you sent, or the one that you received. Imagine that now is your tombstone. What does it say. We're gonna put these on a wheel. We're gonna spin it. What it lands on. That's the phrase that pays. It's going to be totally random from your text Melbourne. So tombstone texts. What's the most recent text on your phone? What does it say? Call me and tell me nine four one four one o four three. We'll have a look at them.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three All.
Speaker 4: Requests Friday, who needs our and me? Friday. We all requests Friday and Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Quested by Tara and Summersby, she says, spring back hair metal. Just this show is falling around, literally around our ears today.
Speaker 4: What just fed off the What was it? I just saw the I just gave up and filled with.
Speaker 6: The wheel that we're going to use to pick Hamish's praise that pays.
Speaker 7: The face just came off it. And before you went into.
Speaker 6: The news before if anyone wondered why you were giggling, is because Brad was trying to lug in the big wheel with.
Speaker 4: Writ something introducing news. I mean he can see me talking.
Speaker 7: Well, he can't. He's got his funny glasses.
Speaker 2: We have to send him home. He asked me, could he go home? But sargeing coum to get his glasses.
Speaker 6: I just saw him telling a pop plan to plumbed the ten k no repeat workday?
Speaker 2: All right, then, so Hamish godkin with us, and now it's time for the phrase that pays. Well, we give him a random phrase. He has to walk it into his live TV commentary tonight. Last week because Jack had brought to our attention this this irritating ear worm' do you remember this.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Baby checked it, Baby checked.
Speaker 2: It, Baby check Fast forward twelve hours live.
Speaker 4: TV, and you got a couple of brothers.
Speaker 13: Which is the one that likes singing what's his favorite.
Speaker 4: Song by Sad?
Speaker 14: I know baby Shack because my daughter's sing it. How's it go, baby shack, Baby Shack? Do do do do baby Shagoo?
Speaker 4: Do do do baby shock?
Speaker 7: Exactly? It's pretty easy to get hold of.
Speaker 4: One of his finest moments.
Speaker 2: I think in a long story to broadcasting career, So Heymus needs a brand new phrase. I think we do it by tombstone text as we just look at your phone. Very easy for us to get a random phrase from you this morning. Just look at your phone. The most recent text he sent or received, what's that one the top there? Let me know what it is? Calling nine four one four one o four three. Mine is actually from my wife just says, use the mop. That's the kind of sex thing we have use the mop. One exciting life. We have used the mop. It's actually cold. I can't tell you what for us. A game we're playing at.
Speaker 6: The moment is this clean up on the deep hit on your inner thig.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make it any more innocent Jack, what's on yours?
Speaker 6: Just make the invoice out to gold when four point three? That is me texting our man Luck who made all the music for the Melbourne Sun managed to negotiate some.
Speaker 4: Money out of this place.
Speaker 2: Well, why they're giving him ten bucks to get that framed money out of this place is incredible.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to the Lion's. Dave, good morning, how we go mate? I'm good Dave? And what is the what's your text?
Speaker 12: I said?
Speaker 10: I found the gate?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 10: What's the code?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's good. That's not your tombstone. Okay, your most recent text, that's your tombstone? I found the gate? What's the code?
Speaker 4: Thanks Dave? All right? Do you want to put these the idea? Why the wheel is there that we put them on the wheel?
Speaker 6: Sorry, sir, yes I will.
Speaker 4: He's got posted notes in front of him, there's a giant there's a giant six foot wheel behind him, and said, what's all this for?
Speaker 6: My hands saw from doing all that drawing.
Speaker 4: This morning, Alex, good morning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, all right?
Speaker 4: What's your text? The most recent text on your phone?
Speaker 10: My recent text on my phone is please call three two one. You have three new voice.
Speaker 4: Oh I hope the will lands on that.
Speaker 2: How on earth is he going to get that onto the game tonight? Please call three two one. You have three new boys house Alex. That's great, that's the show, and that one buddy, have a good weekend.
Speaker 4: Takes boys, all right, keep this coming on nine four one four one O four three. We go through some more.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three playing Bow Wow Wow from nineteen eighty two. I one candy for Joy in Bayswater ten to eight Friday morning. Then okay, the phrase that pays this is how we're going to find the random phrase. So Hamus McLaughlin is saying about twelve hours time on TV tonight, he's in live the studio at eight thirty. We're getting these some of your texts, the most recent text on your phone, the one that's right at the top there.
Speaker 4: Imagine that. Now it's your tombstone. We do this.
Speaker 2: We've got a two stone texts and we're gonna spin the whill put them all on there. What it lands on? He has to try and work into his life commentary tonight.
Speaker 4: So far it could.
Speaker 7: Be Please call three two one.
Speaker 6: You have three new messages.
Speaker 4: I found the gate.
Speaker 7: What's the code?
Speaker 4: Use them?
Speaker 6: Mop, make the invice out to gold one on one O four point three.
Speaker 2: Add this one as well. Antony's too busy to call him, but that's cool. He's text of this one, his most recent text in his phone. Cannot describe how much Pooh came out of me.
Speaker 4: How does hamish do? I mean some of them?
Speaker 2: I like to think I can work out how we can do that. It's because the bombers tonight, isn't it?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: A player gets crushed? What's he gonna be saying to his mates the next day? Cannot describe how much Pooh came out of me. It's good of the lines, Emma, good morning morning.
Speaker 12: My last text Christian was go pop on some bronza so you don't look washed out in yellow.
Speaker 4: That's a great one, Emma. Thanks for show and have a top weekend mate. Dave. Hey, guys, Dave, what's your most recent text? Mate? Well?
Speaker 10: I teach him to my plumber and it says make n diggerholze kind of mill wide of beet.
Speaker 4: I should fit smug enough.
Speaker 7: That would be tough, HAMI.
Speaker 2: That's a very great too, Dave, Thank you very much, bron Win Hi, and when what's your tombstone text?
Speaker 10: The six bud cakes, three Dimmies, two contracts, FID nuggets and chips.
Speaker 2: Oh, what a great food order that is. And it's a food thing. Do you remember a couple of weeks ago from the Blues Brothers. Yeah, four fried chickens and a die coke.
Speaker 4: So he's got it.
Speaker 2: He's got a theme here, bron when that's a great one. Have a good weekend, mate, Cherie.
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hell are you pretty good? Friday morning? When a good mood? And what's the text for you?
Speaker 6: Can I borrow twenty bucks on promise I'll give it back Tuesday. A great one.
Speaker 4: Put it on the will pass.
Speaker 9: If you've got one for us, I have just give it one almighty tug oop that was to Chris this morning.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: We don't need any more Teataily Cave. But Chris having a tug in the morning and you encourage him. What down between you and your feller stays off their I've told you many times.
Speaker 5: There was something stuck in the dryer.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay, yeah, and we've got a dodgy on the dry I've used.
Speaker 2: That excuse before my wife caught me in a compromise.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get some lint out darling.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he needed to know how to open the door, legit.
Speaker 2: Sure it's on the wheel path, Sure it's on the wheel, Johnny boy, just go back to the lines.
Speaker 4: Good morning, John, Good morning, Come on John. What's your most recent text? Buddy, all the best with your resignation today. I'll expect your resignation today. That's a good All the.
Speaker 15: Best with your resignation today.
Speaker 4: I'm resigning today. So this is malcome turble of the line. He's already gone, man walking is.
Speaker 7: What job are you going from?
Speaker 6: John?
Speaker 4: Now, Bryan's cutting off? You know what, he's not the butcher. Back Dad over there, notice back note he's gone and he's gone, he's in, he's out. Take a lot about camel.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, good morning, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Carmel. You're well this morning.
Speaker 12: Yes, but my name's Calm wll not camel Ah.
Speaker 4: Come out.
Speaker 2: You know I haven't god one A four point three And what's your most recent text?
Speaker 12: My most recent texts is all sugar. It's just gone out of my head and I was reading it.
Speaker 4: Too busy telling me off.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly. I remember her from one of my classes.
Speaker 7: I remember her from one of my classes.
Speaker 4: Can I ask what's going on there? Is that some sort of evening class you do it?
Speaker 12: No, it's to do with a school reunion. We're getting together girls from nineteen sixty nine who started in form one.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a proper reunion, not like something from the eighties or nineties that people are doing now. Nineteen sixty nine. And if you stayed in touch with each other or found each other on Facebook.
Speaker 12: No, we're finding each other on Facebook, which is really great.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 12: And when is the reunion on the third of November at Kelly Spa in Cranboon.
Speaker 4: Wow, so there, Yeah, we'll see you there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if we can make count, we were at class with you, like we're just aged, you know, really well, we've looks after our skin.
Speaker 4: All right, you have a good week.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Cut off. No time for goodbyes on this show. Carry goodbye, good morning Christians. All right? What's your phrase for hay miss? What's your text?
Speaker 3: I think the orange taste will be too big?
Speaker 4: All right, let's take one last one. Olivia, Hey, how are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm just seeing on my phone system and it says you must you must take Olivia's call, So we've got time for you.
Speaker 4: Olivia. What is your most recent text?
Speaker 11: Where is the rash?
Speaker 2: We had to get this one. We can never fix the will we Where is the rash?
Speaker 4: One? More?
Speaker 1: On more?
Speaker 4: Okay, we're taking one more. Janet, Hi, Hey going, I'm really good. Janet.
Speaker 2: Apparently we have to talk to you as well. Janet, what's your most recent text?
Speaker 4: On your phone?
Speaker 1: I love you too?
Speaker 4: Bubble this one bubble? Janet? Just tell me this. Are you the bubble or is your partner the bubble? No, my partner's the bubble, right, I love it all right, Janet, have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks you too.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Then it's on My que Lewis and the News God one four point three, Christian iconor Wreckfast Show. You pick all the songs every Friday.
Speaker 4: Hip to Be Square Brand New listener, Gary is this to us right now?
Speaker 2: Gary's a covering in hospital from a hip operation and he was thinking about songs that mentioned.
Speaker 4: Hips and that's why kid here Hip to Be Square? So there you go that's for you.
Speaker 2: Garyous list into a radio station yesterday and they were asking people to try out their breakfast show, make the switch, make the switch we need we don't have anything like that. Get you know, Huggy doesn't say anything about this breakfast show meant the switch. What do you think of this? I was thinking about what we can have? What about reset that preset?
Speaker 6: Actually not bad?
Speaker 7: Think you're going to do a joke one.
Speaker 6: No, no, no good?
Speaker 4: Reset the preset?
Speaker 2: You know what the real golden radio is is to get you to have that that number one preset? Right everyone in radio, I know you don't want that because you probably don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm curious to know.
Speaker 2: Do people in their cars is it your favorite radio station.
Speaker 4: That is the number one pre set? Or do you just do you have them in a certain order? Again order?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I go chronological.
Speaker 4: Right, You've got ABC at number one.
Speaker 6: So I start with ninety point seven at the So I start with the last frequency at.
Speaker 4: The number one. Would you have like light FM up there?
Speaker 6: Don't have lighter Bay, don't have the Bay. But then I'll have Gold actually further down there towards I think Gold's five.
Speaker 2: So you don't do it by in terms of preference, Ah, right, I do. I have I called the p one that pre set one. My dream is to be pre set number one. And people's cars perhaps, how do you order you?
Speaker 9: That's how I do mine as well. Gold is first and then the others will or whatever.
Speaker 6: You already told us that you listen to three a w more than you listen to Gold?
Speaker 4: Is that really at number one? Not? Is your goal here?
Speaker 5: Gold is not?
Speaker 10: Yet?
Speaker 4: Don't make me go down and break into your car.
Speaker 6: What's the station you listen to where you get your radio plays?
Speaker 5: Ummm I do? I find myself listening to us a lot.
Speaker 6: No, you know the one where they do the Foley sounds and stuff like, oh, I gotta know it's.
Speaker 5: Time, Paul, Yeah, oh that yeah, I dub on the way in.
Speaker 4: It's always okay, that's okay, Reset that preset. How do you think about that? Do you think I think it works? Share?
Speaker 6: I've been saying the paper from Brian, Change the dial and smile.
Speaker 4: That's another good one.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was a kid, when I first had a dream one day of hoping to work in radio. It's a local radio station, right, and those presenters to me were Golden Gods and the Breakfast Show. There right, he used to have this promo that you should be played every twenty minutes, and I was saying, I wonder I get to be a DJL like that guy.
Speaker 4: And it was.
Speaker 2: Now you found us rip that knob off? And I don't think I don't think you can say that in twenty eighteen. Now you've found us ripped that knob off.
Speaker 5: Wow, God, it's aggressive.
Speaker 7: One day too, you know, retail value though, Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I had to get involved in a situation between my two daughters. And if you had a younger or older brother or sister, there's a sibling thing and there's so much that goes on between you, right, And sometimes it's very hard for me to dispense, especially with daughters as well. You know, some of my advice sometimes has been accused by my wife of being too aggressive.
Speaker 4: And I think I think that happened yesterday.
Speaker 2: I take you through what happened after this Another brilliant requests for another bang of George Michael Freedom nineteen, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The question and a.
Speaker 2: Request Friday, Kelly, I'll say here, George Michael Freedom nineties, Christian has annautually bells to a trap to get ready for the weekend. Kelly, is this a brilliant song? Fifteen minutes past day? So yesterday, eldest sort of comes home. Okay, So the timeline here is significant. Eldest daughter comes in. I said, how's you do at school? She went, Lois, younger daughter, not yet home, at rehearsal for a school play.
Speaker 4: Lois. I saw her in the school corridor. I said, oh, hi, Loie, how are you.
Speaker 2: She was with some friends, and she just came up to me and kicked me in the shin and walked.
Speaker 4: On no laughing. I can't.
Speaker 6: I've met your daughters and I can't picture them doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, I can.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 7: They have a demonside for them.
Speaker 4: No, But I'm just you know, it's it's it's it's siblings, right. So I'm like, she did, what what do you mean? Not as a joke? She went, Now, it really hurt me, and you know, and I.
Speaker 7: Said, this joke.
Speaker 2: Right, So this is she's the little sisters kicked the older system of shim for no reason right to try and get a laugh of front of their new.
Speaker 5: Mates showing on.
Speaker 4: Now that's pegging order stuff, isn't it. Yeah, what do you guys think of? This is myce So I go to her. Hey, listen, she ever does that again, you need to give her a good push. Okay, Oh no. Moby looks at me and goes, I'm never doing that. You can get into real trouble.
Speaker 5: Oh she's such a good girl.
Speaker 2: And I go all right, okay, so it she crosses me into my wife, right, my wife comes on me. Did you tell to go to just push her? She gets in trouble the teachers, what she's there? My dad told me to do this. I just was trying to sort of Sometimes you got to check that kind of behavior. It reminds me about a year ago. I once when you know, I'm into martial arts and US and I've got these boxing pads and I was out there. Lois was having it at trouble at school, and I was just saying, look, if anyone grabs you like that again.
Speaker 7: This is such a.
Speaker 4: It's a judo. It's called an out of foot sweep.
Speaker 2: Okay you don't you don't throw them to the ground, but you can help them down. So I was showing her that. My wife goes, what are you doing out here? She got there's a kid's pushing on the plane garm just showing how to do this. Look it's called now to foot sweep, you know. And they're not going to fall over and hurt themselves, but you can just catch them as they're crashing to the ground.
Speaker 4: I was, no, you can't do this.
Speaker 6: Well, now look what's happening. She's trying to out of foot sweep.
Speaker 4: See. Anyway, I got to pick up after her. So I got to pick up Lowis. I said, did you keep this is my life, right, the conversations you have is apparently right.
Speaker 2: So I'm sat in the front of the car within her. She gets and know and she goes and she goes, Hi, down, Hey, listen, did you kick Ruby in the shin?
Speaker 4: She goes, yeah, just as she didn't find it. She of her friends. She didn't know what to do. She's upset.
Speaker 2: Please, as soon as you get in the house, just apologize to her. She says, fine, And I don't do that thing as well. When you get in there, where you go sorry, It's clear that I've told.
Speaker 4: You to say sorry. Okay, just be the bigger person here.
Speaker 2: Anyway, fast forward to get in the house, opened the door and stood there is Ruby waiting for the apology, and there was sorry. The really passive guess is way and they start bickering again. I have to get between, what are you doing? Do you think the advice was too harsh?
Speaker 4: I would have to.
Speaker 7: Push yes, I do.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm coming from a non parent stance. But perhaps would you give that advice to Audrey.
Speaker 9: Chris Wood Chris stefiniel It's a father thing, isn't it. I think it's like the warrior comes out in you.
Speaker 2: But it's the fact that in the exchange with the Ruby, she went, oh, I'd never do that againstrum thinking she's actually been the parent in this conversation.
Speaker 5: She is totally more than I am.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three h request Friday.
Speaker 2: On the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Shows, Skyhaks, Horror Moon.
Speaker 4: For the listener just known as Mystery Cat.
Speaker 2: This cat goes like on a seventies wig out rock, like that Perfecto eight twenty eight.
Speaker 4: This is a great text, Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm John, I just heard your chat about your strong advice for your daughter. When my kids fight, I get into trouble because instead of telling them off, I just let them carry on to see who will win. It's like your own free pay per few. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 2: No, all right, let's have an update now on the song for Melbourne. Last week when we chat to the Lord Mayor Sally Camp about the shock news to Melbourne no longer number one and most Liverpools sitting in the world, Vienna has beaten you to it. I was thinking maybe the judges will swayed by that eighties song Vienna. So I asked Jack if he could have a go at writing an anthem, an anthem for this great city Melbourne, and Lord Mayor sellu Cap said great, she's got to.
Speaker 4: Fall back into it.
Speaker 2: And so it's gone from the sort of demo thing that you played to us Monday too.
Speaker 4: Well, do you want to sky.
Speaker 2: What's happening over the last four to eight hours, your friend Lachlan adding all this great music to it.
Speaker 7: Yep, my friend Lucky made the music.
Speaker 6: And then the singer we've got here is Michael Mills from the Melbourne band Toe Hyder. They're an old rock band in Melbourne. Listen to this guy's voice. They're making this song that was, honestly on Monday not very good, and now it.
Speaker 4: Was an early It was an early, a seed that has become a rock and roll sunflower. Great name for a band as well.
Speaker 6: I thought it was going to be like a big oak tree or something, but yeah, rock and roll sunflower is nice.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll oak tree. Okay, let's go with that. But it came from your idea and your inspiration. So this guy has got an amazing voice and it really lifts this song. I think this genuinely is. Now it's fair to call this an anthem.
Speaker 3: Lame way culture, sporting culture, multi cult, juralism.
Speaker 1: Now the musium and.
Speaker 6: The very sporting statem.
Speaker 4: As the weather gets better, we will try.
Speaker 1: Again together.
Speaker 12: On and on and say I'm seeing it.
Speaker 4: Everybody, see everybody seen the ladies we auditioned earlier this week. Listeners to them back in vocals we will.
Speaker 2: Listener Anthony's lying in there.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry what that is? I think that is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Obviously you've done an amazing job putting this all together, doctor Trey, Well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yes, at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: I've hardly done any bits because I haven't. You wrote the song, but that I mean that's coming from suggestions from people on the phones, listeners of the show, suggesting lyrics our own.
Speaker 2: Brian, listen, only you could come up with this beautiful phrase of various sporting stadiums, their names escaped me. Now the one over there and next two its amy something correct.
Speaker 4: I'll just say very sporting is my favorite. Lne in it.
Speaker 6: The creative choice there was Eddie had Stadium would have farmed, but it's about to become Marvel Stadium, I think next week, so that wouldn't have made sense.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, hey, listen, I wanted to live forever absolutely very sporting stadium as well. And also Dave Groh rock and roll genius. He had a great song with congregation there he go anywhere here. Congregate that's another great word that you'll put it. We will congregate together.
Speaker 4: It is brilliant. It is so good.
Speaker 2: So the only thing I think they can make it anywhere better? Now, cify do think about the kids' school choir.
Speaker 7: We got to get the choir.
Speaker 6: We've got a few lads on the school choirs, but there is a.
Speaker 7: I want the end to be layered with different vocals.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: And also I just want to thank listener Anthony. The first lyric we ever got for this work before Jack went on his writing retreat last weekend, was this beautiful line.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Melbourne, we are strong. We are up then, and number one, we can kick people's asses if we want, but we are said.
Speaker 4: And I think students of music in us to come will debate his double use of the kick.
Speaker 2: Is that accidental? Who knows what's accidental and what's meant to be? And then when you add it with this great vocal.
Speaker 7: Is Anthony's line.
Speaker 4: Here, get ready for the double kick. All that's missing now is the kid's school choir. If you were standing off thinking I don't want my.
Speaker 2: Kids school quiet anywhere near this project, I totally understand. However, Jack has bought the heat. All the people have been adding to this, abought the heat. This sounds great. All that's missing is a kid's school quiet. Anyone can help us out, Please let me know. Nine four one four one oh four to three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I haven't had this, Cyndey Laupus song in Years, Money Changes Everything, brilliant song that sounded great this morning, Thank you very much, Rheiann. And and kill scythe second song one across this morning and Acust Friday from a listening to Kill Sith, I think we can add kill Sythe now to Geelong was forming en now on Monday by the radio authorities that Geelong has fallen into gold one oh four point three in US and now kill Syth.
Speaker 7: We've taken kills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look you here, everybody, haymous, we've goklin. Happy Friday morning.
Speaker 7: Christian Jacko.
Speaker 6: I laughed a lot this morning coming in the.
Speaker 4: List to BOS good show, great show. I love BB.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 13: On the Hot Breakfast is Ross and John Bow Wow Wow, I want Candy big shout out to Rose and Bays.
Speaker 4: But just the.
Speaker 13: Text coming in for the phrase that pays I laugh out loud, then start sweating when I hear.
Speaker 2: That, I'm going to pick one of these so in a minute, then we're we spind the wheel with all the text from everyone before that though, So this week, you know, I'm trying to make sense of what's going on like you are with the whole lib spill yep. So using AFL terms and references, can you break down the ongoing drama.
Speaker 13: I don't think it's possible to break down the ongoing drama in English, let alone using AFL phrasing. This is going to be the seventh change of leadership in a decade that we've had, which suddenly makes Brexit look very normal, makes Donald Trump being in charge look like a solid and stable option. But trying to put in Emmon's terms, I was talking to my wife last night. It's effectively a massive game of Survivor, and it's also sort of like a wildware shootout where people bring knives to a Gunfighter's pretty ugly, but it's also big brother. There's just a lot of lying, sort of remember reading Lord of the Flies.
Speaker 6: Yes, so Turnbull.
Speaker 4: Had the conch.
Speaker 13: Now, no one's really sure who's going to have the conch by the end of the day. And Santo was very good on the last night on the Front Bar saying if a footballer gets concussed tonight and they do the concussion test, and they asked the very simple question, who is the Prime Minister?
Speaker 15: There is a chance that he has rubbed out for four or five years because he could have four or five guesses and not get anywhere in it. He could go with Ned Stark and be as close to Malcolm.
Speaker 13: Turnbull or Julie Bishop. The reality is no one knows what's happening today.
Speaker 4: I mean it is embarrassed at the end of it. So at the end of the day Turnbull could be out of a job. Yep.
Speaker 2: And then but then you've got the free fall of about what nineteen different people now all stepping forward saying we want it, and Eddie Maguire has just broken ranked now it's that he wants it?
Speaker 4: Do you want it? Are you born elsewhere I was born? Elwell, probably doesn't matter.
Speaker 13: Right now, we're getting to this day where we're running out.
Speaker 6: Brian, do you want it?
Speaker 4: But just so Brian would be a good choice.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to compete on behalf of the show and I will be our person to put their hand up for pro healthship.
Speaker 13: It's like the Bounty with William blierhe there his big mus It'd be like Jack you sang this morning, I'd like to be the anchor of the Christian O'Connell BREAKFASTHI but your name is not Christian.
Speaker 4: It does not matter.
Speaker 13: Brian new on him, Patsy comes in from out the back, Brad finds his glasses suddenly. By four o'clock we're doing rock paper scissors for who hosts the Breakfast Show.
Speaker 15: It's a disaster.
Speaker 13: It's embarrassing, and I apologize that you're here. I apologize to Sarah and your kids.
Speaker 4: It's a mess in the UK as well. It's just hilarus because I.
Speaker 13: Didn't have to mess and came to a garbage tip and your dog would be completely disillusioned with what he's found himself in.
Speaker 4: All right, Well thanks are making less sense of it? All right, what do you want the sense of it? Now?
Speaker 2: There's noice after these and we are back. We through the phrase that pays you spend.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold four point three, Yes.
Speaker 4: The Ring one or four point three All Request Friday when they played your Grand Final last year was when I handed in my visa application hoping that I would get a life here because that was an amazing performance by them at the Grand Final. Revolt singing with them as well the Big Big Night.
Speaker 13: So who's the best front man you've ever seen? Brandon Flowers is outstanding.
Speaker 4: Who's better Jagger? Mick Jagger?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you ever seen the Stones live, they're back on this Mammoth World tour, right, they're coming out here from what I hear, and he is incredible, absolutely incredible. You can't take your eyes off him and Keith, but he's still in moments of who I've actually seen Bono amazing as well. But in terms of I think it's because you're seeing something so iconic and who is rock and roll Jagger?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 6: Do you think it would be disrespectful then to see Jack Reewell get on stage with the Rolling Stones and go I'll sing this one.
Speaker 4: Mick, No, I think that'd be great as well.
Speaker 7: Where does Dave Grohl sit for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up there in terms of the nicest, nicest man in rock roll he's number one in terms of your your kind of Freddie Mercury easier Jagger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go, I'd have to say about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right then, So this is how we've been trying to gather together the phrase that pays for tonight, for Hamish, Forclocklin to get onto TV. First of all, we need to just take a moment to say well done on last week. Have you listened to this, let's rewind the tape.
Speaker 4: You got a couple of brothers.
Speaker 13: Which is the one that likes singing what's his favorite song? I know baby Shaq because my daughter's singing.
Speaker 14: How's it to go, baby Shaq? Baby shak do do do do? Baby shak do do do.
Speaker 4: Doo baby shot Exactly.
Speaker 7: It's pretty easy to.
Speaker 4: Get hold of. I hope the logis next year you get recognized for that.
Speaker 6: Ella played along, well, didn't she?
Speaker 4: She did? She was just fantastically all right.
Speaker 2: So the phrases have come in from listens this morning and they've given us their the text top text at the top of their phone this morning. So Jack to some of them on the well that we're about to spend this the twenty dollars I borrowed. I'll have it next tuesday. Put some bronzer on so you don't look so washed out in the yellow Hamish?
Speaker 7: What do you feel about this? One? Cannot describe how much who came out of me?
Speaker 4: Do I get?
Speaker 13: Do I get anywhere? I? You say, let's take that one off the board, because you get.
Speaker 6: That right robbly the one you can't sit on to you are we taking pooh off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, take the pool off? Damn are we having this adult conversation on the radio? It takes me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shall give it a spin, spin.
Speaker 4: It wherever it is.
Speaker 2: That's the phrase that Hamish will try and work in tonight live on TV the Bombs game.
Speaker 4: Who there we go?
Speaker 6: Sis the twenty dollars I borrowed. I'll have it next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: He's mopping his brow right now, Squinty.
Speaker 13: There are some that are absolutely more difficult than others.
Speaker 7: There's some you can so I can loosely get that in. So with how many games you got this weekend?
Speaker 6: Just tonight, I've.
Speaker 13: Got Essen and Port tonight doing the hosting, and then Sunday I'm doing OC's team, the D's against the Giants.
Speaker 4: So I've got two games.
Speaker 6: It's the last round we got football next weekend? Should we spin again? Give you one?
Speaker 4: Say yes? All right, okay, spend it again? Jack? What I live for this? He lives to spin?
Speaker 7: That was Christian sex.
Speaker 4: You use the market. I can't line it online with.
Speaker 7: Sarah sending you that? Are you sending that to Syrah?
Speaker 4: Sarah was given her this code for little gameplay.
Speaker 7: We don't best of life with your resignation today.
Speaker 4: Oh it's topical. That's an easier one with all this going on in politics, that's an easy one.
Speaker 7: Okay, But that's the Sunday's game.
Speaker 2: Well I'll get I'll get them both in at some By Sunday there'll be another fifteen people all up for that job.
Speaker 13: Can I just say that number twenty nine, which was petty, just give it one or mighty tug?
Speaker 4: I please.
Speaker 13: I don't know what goes on at home, Petsy with you, but I like you more.
Speaker 4: Now out will wear abe? You know what else? Are they going to do a little bit of tug in there? All? Right? Then?
Speaker 2: So the two phrases for this weekend hemus just going to get in.
Speaker 6: Who was the first one.
Speaker 4: Having jack.
Speaker 6: The wheel?
Speaker 7: The wheel was upside down? This the twenty dollars borrow Spinich the twenty dollars I borrowed. I'll have it next Tuesday. I'll even give you the post.
Speaker 4: You can take it with you.
Speaker 7: And then we had best of luck with your resignation today.
Speaker 4: Perfect, I got both those posts.
Speaker 6: Can I say the song you've written is outstanding.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how much input you had when you talk about the all the lyrics, the melody, the hooks.
Speaker 13: When I hear the writer's retreat, I think of Johnny Depp in Secret Window when he goes off upstate New York, and just know it was.
Speaker 6: A lot less violent than that.
Speaker 4: It's going like the shining Nicholson post is shining. So you know you're going to be involved in so then so we're going to there's an idea to involve him. He has to be in that. He will make the final cut. I want you to do some classic me.
Speaker 2: I want you doing the classic sport commentary and a game between you, a commentar and a game between Vienna, you know at number one Melbourne and then certainly who comes back out on top Melbourne. Crowd effects screaming, go back into the crescendo, the chorus, I'll see you at number one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three. The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point three, all.
Speaker 4: Right, another hour left on this breakfast Show playing all your request.
Speaker 2: We did this every single Friday. Got some brilliant songs lined up. Also, we have our top ten third time round for the best of Jack Pones. Did he really say that? Young sixteen year old boy listens to the wy things that Jack says to you on the week, writes them down and makes it into a top ten for us, kicking off.
Speaker 4: Our last hour of Power.
Speaker 2: Then we go to Tracy in pascal Vale, South. She wants to hear this, she said, this is a big Friday song.
Speaker 1: A Rocky Burnette The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Pultz When the War Is Over God won a four point three all Requests Friday on The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Jimmy Barnes's documentary Working Class Boy came out yesterday. If you want to go and see something great, they'll make you think, make you feel something, make you cry, but also make you smart. It's got all of that and some brilliant music. Working Cast Boy. I cannot recommend it enough. It is a great documentary. I keep saying to Boby. If you do go and see it over the weekend, shoot me an email. Let me know what you think. I'd be stunned if you don't come away from that just amazed. He's got so much going on.
Speaker 4: They got an email late last night midnight from one of our listeners that went to see it with her husband and about three quarters away through her husband goes out for He says, I need a cigarette. She goes.
Speaker 2: So they're talking about the car and he goes, I've got a confession. I didn't go for a cigarette. I found it so upsetting. It really connects with some of the stuff that I had going on in my childhood. They'd never talked about it. They start talking about it for the first time. It's the power It's the Powerless documentary is more than a documentary. It is something after you do go and see it. You don't have to, but shoot me an email if you want. I'll be reading them over the weekend. Christian at Gold one a four to three dot com dot AU. Now, when we talk about wise people on the radio, one name always comes up. Jackpost very much the Buddha of breakfast radio. We can all agree on that, thank you. He sits on a mountaintop, he walks amongst us, but he's chucking out all these pearls of wisdom.
Speaker 4: I can't keep catching them, folks.
Speaker 2: But luckily there is a young sixteen year old boy in England who makes a note of all the wise things. He listens to the podcast every day over in England, and he listens to podcast with a notepad writing down for historians, really of all the wise things that Jack says, and he emails it to me on a Thursday night. We make it into a top ten the best of Jack Post. Did he really say that his email last night send out the O'Connell bat signal to Melbourne warn them of a bumper edition for this week's Jack Post. Did he really say that? Let's count them down out ten? Christian?
Speaker 4: What are you going to do with a kayak? Take it out? Yes, on that body of water that's by Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Did you get the kayak?
Speaker 6: By the way.
Speaker 2: At nine, it's nostalgic. Oh, there's Luna Park. I threw up there, but good times. The lyrics and the song about throwing up at Luna Park. At eight it's soaking in potential.
Speaker 6: As a term I'm going to use into the future.
Speaker 2: You make it yours, Make it yours. Seven. Message me, cartoon daddy. This was said to my face live on air. Message me, cartoon daddy. I don't know why my cartoon daddy I refer.
Speaker 6: You as At.
Speaker 2: Six, it's a it's a puff bit of twisty, twisted up and it's yellow many English, but it's wise. At five, an hour can't be one thing to one thing.
Speaker 7: I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: That's when we were struggling to come to terms with what hour of the show are we in?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, I'll let's not go back there.
Speaker 4: At four, we're in the Big four every day.
Speaker 2: I expect someone to come in and march me out of the building every day.
Speaker 4: That's at the back of his mind.
Speaker 2: At three, are they sharp teeth or are they like blocking?
Speaker 4: Asked to a caller this week.
Speaker 7: True as zebra.
Speaker 2: Yes, if I get a new haircut, you'll just see me hide in the shadows. At number one this week, Christian is like the polywaffle of radio.
Speaker 4: I still don't stand at how that it went away. People don't even miss it. But it just went away. It was there, then it went away. So wish you're thinking Sam sor thank you very much? Why is Jack? Thank you very much?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I have used all my DJ skills and that is not a deep well to go fishing from ok to come up with a game that I think is non impossible for anyone to guess. I actually hope success of this is in a week's time. You begging me for close. There isn't even a prize up for grabs.
Speaker 4: Do you know that? But this only morning game?
Speaker 7: We know prizes next week.
Speaker 4: No, it's just that we haven't got a prize that this week.
Speaker 6: They couldn't even afford to, George Michael said anymore like we had a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: We don't need it.
Speaker 2: People aren't winning it for the prize. The're trying to take this little game down. It's called to Yeah, we got the early morning game, but really is sounds like a song to me, Christian. I play out a little clip and it's got a couple of sound effects, and you've got to try and guess what the song is. And you were getting them far too easily, and so I've come up with this one. This is a well known song, a song you would easily hear on this radio station. I haven't pitched an obscure song and these I promise you when we announce what the song is, you won't go, oh, that's not fair. It is fair. However, this is a great clip, so have a listened to this. You listen to all those clues. It's a song title, I've.
Speaker 6: Got it Mario Monkey on a plane.
Speaker 4: Damn it that well known barnsy So I will get it this week here it won't. There's no way you will.
Speaker 2: There's no why I have people emailing me from around the world podcast listeners. Here it is again. The clues are to a song title, say what you hear?
Speaker 4: Don't call in now. Lines reopen six thirty Monday Morning.
Speaker 1: You can't win Melbourne, The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: That's it for us. Huggy is coming up next. Have a top weekend.
Speaker 2: Tell them today's show is This show is dooms recording it now at show fifty three.
Speaker 4: This show is doomed.
Speaker 2: We are back Monday morning with a brand new Well hopefully Hamis mcgonchlin would have done two. Phrase that pays and also sounds like a song to me. There won't be any right guesses Monday morning. Have a top weekend. Thanks for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three