Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week, don't I welcome back guys to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great questions. The show's about the game. There's a lot of great television out there in Australia.
Speaker 3: But I've also got to go behind the scenes with writers.
Speaker 1: The truth is, when I started writing it, it wasn't had nothing to do with the news and casting agents.
Speaker 3: They know from a casting point of view what they need, and.
Speaker 2: Editors because that's what we do as editors where storytellers. Not to forget some incredible executive producers who are making some of the best TV in Australia.
Speaker 1: I have been on the program since the beginning and it's kind of in my DNA.
Speaker 2: So thanks for joining me each week and I hope the podcast continues to give you real insight into the magic of television today.
Speaker 3: On the podcast, I.
Speaker 2: Have Alex Reid, who is the latest reality TV sensation from the Netflix series Byron Bass.
Speaker 3: This show has.
Speaker 2: Been given more flak than any series of the record.
Speaker 3: From the announcement to the launch.
Speaker 2: Everyone can't stop talking about the polarizing nature of this doco reality series. That is said and Byron and centers around influences. To say that you like this show publicly is almost social suicide. But for me, I'm just going to wave my freak flag and say that this is a great snapshot at a world that I don't really take too seriously and therefore I thoroughly enjoyed my binge watch of the first series made by Eureka Productions. In today's chat, Alex has his head around anything I can throw at him, and I love his take on the show. We will talk about the country's hatred of both Byron and influencers, why he joined the show, and if he has some sexual chemistry with Jade his series Nemesis. However, let's get started. I'd like to welcome Alex Read to TV Reload.
Speaker 1: So you have a lot of extreme characters on the show. You're an absolute fucking disgrace, absolutely fucking pathetic. I think Barron needs to be honest with itself as to what it is. Bon Bay has this strong power that if it wants you here, it sucks you in the idea of an influencer I think upsets people. From the number one most followed male influencer of Australia, I'm not the best at making friends.
Speaker 3: Do you have a problem with me? I do have an issue with you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a part of a show that hopefully changes Australia's take on docu series.
Speaker 3: Hi Alex, how are you?
Speaker 1: I am great? Thanks, very excited to be here. You actually are my first podcast interviews since during the show, So you are breaking my podcast, Virginity.
Speaker 3: Would you see belt on mate?
Speaker 1: Go slow?
Speaker 3: I love it?
Speaker 2: So look, you know, I have to ask right off about what has the response been to Byron Bays so far, the response.
Speaker 1: To by and by you know, it's been going on for so long, ever since the announcement last year through to today, I guess it's been It's been a wave. I think when I first came out, there were so many preconceived ideas as to what this show was going to be before anyone had picked up a camera. So from what people perceived it to be to what it is, obviously for me as well, it has gone on a journey and I from what it started out to what it is now, it's not what I expected for the better. To be honest, I actually made some connections with people, and I actually formed some friendships on that show, and judging by that first press release, that wasn't something I think I would do.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, there's just so much to unpack. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Like a girlfriend of mine sent a screen grab of a whole section of you in the first episode where you get up and walk away from you know, the healing that was happening.
Speaker 1: I've never been to a party where there was sound healing before.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can do this. Yeah I can't. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: You're gonna go?
Speaker 3: And she was like, I'm dead for this guy. That would be me.
Speaker 1: It was. There was a lot. But the thing is like as an outsider, because you know, for me, I spend a lot of time in Bayron. You know, there is that side to Byron which I haven't always been a part of, and it exists and it's alive and well, but I don't know, I just don't have the tolerance for it. And I just I don't. I can't. I don't have the tolerance for it. So when you see me get up and leave, it's not acting there is that's generally how I felt. I really wanted to get out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it does have that reaction with people.
Speaker 2: You know, a show like Byron Bays, I mean this style of reality television. You know, it makes a lot of noise, and I think that has to do with you know, our country's hatred of show ponies. But don't you think that there is an unbalanced hatred of influences over the popularity of them.
Speaker 1: I think it just comes down to Australia, as you said, in Australian mentality of tall poppy syndrome. Like the idea of an influencer I think upsets people the fact that, you know, the perception that they don't do any wor work, but they get paid of this money and they just take photos of themselves. Like of course that is just a recipe for people to hate them. But I think the evolution of what an influencer has become is you know, is changing, Like their content credits the creative people they make. Thinks, well they're starting to, and I think that shift is changing. But look, it's natural. Like if I'd get I'd be pissed off too. If my best friend became an influencer and had a couple of million followers and you know, post a couple of bikini photos and at my yearly salary in three minutes. Sure I'd hate them as well. So I get the hate. But I think the people's perceptions are changing slowly, but they're changing the.
Speaker 2: People who I know that hate influences the most of the people you know who would never be followed. Is there a secret ingredients of like jealousy that someone being so validated in such a gluttony of vanity you know bothers people.
Speaker 1: I think it's just intrigue, right, Like I think for most people to you know, to be an influencer is such a foreign thing, but it feels like something that could be so obable, Like the barrier to enter to be an influencer is, you know, seemingly low. You're like, you know, he needs a phone and an idea and you know, you know something different. I think a lot of people think it's something that anyone can do, and there is that jealousy that's inside like you know, well, why can't do it? Like why can't I be that person or why can't I have that following? And I think that's where that jealousy comes from, because it is a low barrier to enter to become an influencer, Like you don't need a TV station, you don't need a TV network, you don't need all these traditional things to become famous anymore. Or he needs a phone. So I get it why people, you know, do get jealous between when they see an influencer doing well, they go, well, what's the difference, what's the difference between me and them? Well?
Speaker 2: I think the difference though is, and I know a lot of people that do this for work, is that they're some of the hardest working people I know, like trying to get that content. You may see a thirty second clip. What I see when I see, well, someone posts that, it's three days worth of work. Because you can't just shoot things and it just flies off into someone's Instagram perfectly or into the zeitglass perfectly.
Speaker 3: There is a lot instruction, you know, totally.
Speaker 1: And that's why I work with a lot of my clients on is you know, becoming an influencer is a real job, and to be honest with that, we don't like the word influencer. Influencer is a dirty word in our world because the guy conjures up those ideas of you know, bikini babes selling you know, protein balls and coffee scrubs and things like that, whereas we try to think the more as content creators. And that's where for me, where I find talent is those those individuals that are created and can create something. And what's really cool is when they can adapt their brand to work with another brand to make money. And I think that's where the intelligence and the true creativity comes with it, and that's what I'm really drawn to when I think of creators. That's what I think. And to your point, it does take a lot of work to get there and to develop and build an audience. Like you know, a magazine or a newspaper back in the day, or a TV station spends millions and billions of dollars trying to build an audience to watch their content. It's the same today, but the competition's harder. Like, while the barrier to enter is so low, you're also competing with everyone else. So what the hell makes you special?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that you and I could work on a separate show because I used to have like over one hundred thousand people following me on my Instagram and I've burnt them by just like literally posting a photo of myself, my dog and my partner and just like burnt through them really quickly. So I think we should do like a side show, which is like how to get rid of all of your followers in twenty four hours?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that like that movie, like you know, how to Lose a guy in ten days? Like you could just change this that the hell is one hundred thousand followers in you know, one hundred days. You know I'd be great at that, look as you can, as you were seeing from the show, I'm not the best at making friends.
Speaker 3: So it's my favorite thing about you. I just am living for it.
Speaker 2: And I just hope that people, when they do find it on Netflix, that they give it the opportunity to like enjoy it beyond episode one. Because if you tip past episode one and you get over all your thoughts on influences and what you think of Byron Bay people, and you just start sort of sipping on the drama, you're drunk by episode three and you're having a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, And I'd say to a lot of people like once when you get hooked on these people, because while they are so weird and wacky and different, like they're casting on the show, that they're so different and like that is one of the first things to keep me. I was like, holy shit, who are these people? But then in the same breath, you know, just look around Byron. Byron has everything from the type of characters on this show to you know, like the sixty five year old retirees who've sold their media agencies and you know, brought some massive hill, massive house in Cooper Shuit. But you've also got eighteen year olds moving there, you know, with no shoes, just enjoying some kind of like semi hippie existence. Like Byron really does have it all. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find cross section of society or a place in Australia that has such a cross section from not only super wealthy, super organic and then you know super parties. Like obviously I've used the words super way too many times here, but.
Speaker 2: There's such a cross section for brand people that's on brand for Byron.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of it's a lot of extremes, I think, and that's what this show encapsulates. You have a lot of extreme characters on the show, and it's real. It's like, that's what they're the type of people that didn't have a Byron. And sure there's people who come and go from Byron, like Jade and Sarah, but that is what Byron is too. It's a transient place.
Speaker 2: I just think it's funny that that sort of hold up a mirror against Byron. And don't we all get really uncomfortable when someone holds up a mirror about who we are? And I think as the production was announced, people in Byron will like, get these people out of here. But then at the same time, I think that comes back to that uncomfortability of not wanting to see ourselves like that. And I think this doesn't represent everyone in Byron, but it certainly does represent a large portion of it at the moment, don't you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think Byron needs to be honest with itself as to what it is. And I think trying to hold onto what Byron Bay was in you know, the nineties, is just not realistic. Like, you know, you can't stop the evolution, and you know, people want to come to Byron. People have always wanted to come to Byron because it was accepting, and I think that's kind of what stings a little bit about the backlash is Byron was always a really accepting place that you could come and be whoever you want to and you know, no shoes, no worries. But all of a sudden it just turned into on a hold on a second, no, we're full, get out, like we don't want this anymore. And I see both sides. I see both sides saying that, you know, the protection of what Byron was then and the way it could be so open and accepting was because it was so free, and now it feels very commercialized. But I don't know, I just you know, not to quote you know, Muriel's wedding, But you can't stop progress.
Speaker 3: Can I just say?
Speaker 2: As soon as you said that two minutes ago, I was like, are we going to get a Billhouset quote here in a second? Yes, yes, you know, it would have been great if you're wearing a T shirt. We'll just tell people that are listening to the podcast they can't see. We'll just tell people that.
Speaker 1: That's that's right, I'm doing this. I'm actually doing this whole podcast from my local Chinese.
Speaker 3: Restaurant, impoorpersmit.
Speaker 2: What I find really hilarious is that people have an objectivity now of Byron, you know, let's say hippies or whatever they want to say. But in this show there is a similar disdain from you know, Byron locals towards the Gold Coast. Why do those universes now clash? You know, it's kind of like, ugh, the Gold Coast where the rest of Australia at the moment is a bit like oh Byron, you know, I don't understand where does the clash come from.
Speaker 1: I think, well, look both both look like both those cities have changed so much, and I think it's a it's a nice polarization. You've got the Gold Coast and the glitz and glam and the fake boobs and the fake face and everything. But Byron looking at that, going oh my god, we would never be like that. We are so organic and you know, we're you know, living off the land. But like, you know, you take a look around the shops in Byron, like you can't buy zecchini and buying for less than ten dollars, you know, like it's a it's a high and expensive place to live. Everything's organic and hand raised by a shaman, but yeah, you're paying fifty bucks for a fig It's got the glitz and the glamour. People aren't driving Lamborghinis around Byron Bay, but you know they can afford to buy groceries there, which to me is more of a flex.
Speaker 2: You know, I want to go back to the start. I think we've got a little bit ahead of ourselves. But that's that's on brand for me, not your fault. But how did you get involved in this project in the first place?
Speaker 1: So I had obviously I work in I work in production space, you know, in my background, and I had a phone call from one of the people at Eureka that I'm you know, close with, and said, hey, were doing the show about influencers set in Byron Bay. I was I was living in Byron Bay at the time, and you know, it took me a while to get my head around the fact where he was interested in me being on the show was talent, because I was wrapping off as a good manager, does enough talent would be great for this show. And he's like, no, mate, we would like to, you know, look at you being on the show. And at first I was like no, but you know, we've just been through a pandemic, and I thought, what's the worst that happened. The world's nearly ended, I might as well do a reality show. But for me, what got me on the show was I have a huge amount of respect for the guys at Eureka and you know, for me, a big part of saying yes to this show was the team that they had put on it. And that was a really big decision making process for me. And because you know, coming from a space where I, you know, have worked as a have worked you know, in production, I know how these shows work. For me, to put my trust and faith in someone as like, to put my trust and face into a production team as a talent like was massive. And you know, when I found Emma Lamb was involved, that excited me because I love her work. But it also terrified me because I love her work, So I was kind of conflicted there And for me, that was a big part of it. I wanted to be part of a show that was obviously a first for Netflix. I wanted to be a part of a show that hopefully changes Australia's take on docu series and these style of shows, because Australians love to hate these shows and whether this show changes people's perceptions you know, I don't know, but I feel like the way that Netflix were prepared to back this and the team that youure Can built around it, I was like, well, if this show doesn't work, then you may as well just like take the docu series formatt and blow it up, because if these guys can't make it work, then no one's going to make it work. Because they had the right team and it wasn't like if this show was going on you know, no disrespect, if it was going on you know, seven Mate, it probably would pass. But the fact that it was going on Netflix and had that global audience was really exciting to, you know, have a Netflix stamp on an Australian Docky series. It was going out to the world. I thought, hey, that's pretty cool. And for me it was an interesting experience, you know, being talent for them the first time on a show and kind of having to surrender myself and handover trust and as a massive control free was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Ricky and Paul and Chris. There's some amazing people behind the scenes there at Eureka. So if you're gonna do reality television, which is scary, you know, I think that's they're the sort of people that you go as, you know, I think you say yes to was the whole process that are hard to get your head around because you know, coming from not being in front of the camera instead of pushing people into it.
Speaker 3: I felt watching you.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe they should it out of sequence, I don't know, but I kind of felt like you were a natural.
Speaker 3: You just sort of immediately were in it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was how hard was it to sort of get your head around it and just be natural in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: It took the first episode? Was it was tough and I felt stiff because it wasn't It was like it was just a world of It was a part of Bay and Bay that I was aware of and I had dabbled slightly into, but it wasn't my Byron to start with. And my whole objective was like, Okay, why am I going to stick out with these people? Was you know, I'm building a life in Barron Bay and unless I want to be at home sad counting my expensive zucchinis and figs, like I need to have friends, right, Like I need to put myself out there and do something so I looked at it went Okay, you know what, if I'm going to do it, I'm going to make an effort with these people. And once I kind of got over myself, it was fine because I realized they're they're harmless. But for me, it was just just going, okay, you know what, I'm doing it. And for me, the things I didn't drink on that show didn't have one sip of alcohol, which I think really helped me because I was very aware of my self the entire time. And if anyone is out there doing reality TV, I would give them that advice to no.
Speaker 2: No, you know, like a lot of these shows, you know, they licking them up. I think it's really smart, you know. I remember reading I think it was Erica Jane from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She didn't have a sip of alcohol.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a lot in common.
Speaker 3: There you go. You are Erica Jane again.
Speaker 2: We're on a podcast now and can see it this point, so you know, but I yeah, you've got a high ponytail and shiploads of makeup.
Speaker 3: I think it's a really good way.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're wanting to be in control of your narrative, you know, and you don't want to be caught out on things. But at the same time, I think that everyone has a different approach and everyone's going to do it differently. Some people need to be, you know, drunk to be on camera, you know.
Speaker 3: It's not that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, I knew what I wanted to do on that show, and you know, and as viewers will watch the show, I have an objective there and what I wanted, what I want to do. You know, it's pretty obvious from watching episodes one and two what my objective is there. That's what I wanted to do. So for me, I knew my storyline and I knew what I wanted to do because that's how I would have acted in real life regardless. So I think then be feeling naturally in front of the camera came eventually because I realized, Hey, Alex, if you were in this environment the cameras weren't there, you'd be saying exactly the same shit.
Speaker 2: So which is why I, like, you know, I wanted to know though, like I want to be really careful about saying villain edit because I don't necessarily think that you've been villain edited to be a villain, but I think you know, in some ways you are a bit villainers, which I love, and I wanted to ask if you were aware of thinking, oh am I getting this villain edit because I can imagine that you as a person are a little bit like me and that we want to earn our paycheck. I call it the Lisa Renner effect. I want to know, like, as you were in production, were you thinking this is a little turned up or is that just just genuinely how you are?
Speaker 1: Well, it's good of both. I think I went on like I want. I went on there to make an impact, and you know, for me, I wh when I said yes to the show, I was like, Okay, the worst outcome for me is to go on that show and to be some background extra that doesn't get any airtime, that doesn't actually have a story or a voice. And I was like, well, you know, time's precious for me, So I'm going to devote in an X amount of months to filming this show. I want to make sure that I cut through and look, I've if I'm with the villain edit. To be honest, I think they did edit me as a villain, but they took a lot out. I think I was actually worse on the show. So I think I might be the only person to go, yes, they edited me, but yeah, they make me a bit nicer than what I really am, because sometimes like towards, you know, after being in that environment for a couple of months, obviously your guards down and yeah, what I really think came out and if you've watched the show, I'm not backwards, in coming forwards. And I got a little bit too comfortable, I think because when I was watching back the show for the for the first time, I was thinking I was watching the scene and then my head, I'm going, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, I know what I've said. I know what I said, And then when it came out, I'm like, oh, you know what, it wasn't as bad as I thought.
Speaker 2: I kind of felt like right from the start that you were a dog with a bone, and yeah, I was like, oh, he is not going to let Jay go, you know, like is In You're just going to keep going?
Speaker 3: Is that what you like in real life? Like is In? And and are you friends with him? Now? Like after this experience, I.
Speaker 1: Think I think I like to stand up for things that I believe in and that are important to me in a work environment. And yeah, just like you know, let me think, let me think on that for a.
Speaker 2: Second, take your time, because we just played the you know, the toilet music at the moment, you know, just yeah, the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, it was, it was. It was something I wanted to confrontate about. I wanted to have the conversation, and I was prepared for all kinds of answers to my question, but I didn't get one that I was you know, happy for. But the Jade's a really fun guy and he's great TV to watch, and you know, the whole Faked team make It thing, like I'm a big supporter of that. I'm a big fan of that, and I think faked tear make It is, we've all done it, maybe where he was coming from. But I wanted to have the conversation with him about about it and to at least give him the opportunity to explain it and to talk his way around it and have an actual conversation. So I guess that is what it is, and the way it plays out is the way it plays out. But you know, in real life, I didn't know Jade before the show. I don't think I'm on the top of his Christmas card list. You know, I've got no I have no ill feelings towards the guy. He's actually watching the show back. He's incredibly funny to watch and he has some great one liners, and I think he brings so much to the show. And you know, there's a place in the world for Jade, and I think he'll do really well out of this.
Speaker 2: Am I also detecting this is like I think it was like episode five or something, but I also detected a slight sexual tension between the two of you at one point, And I want to ask, though, am I just thirsty for something that wasn't happening or am I onto something?
Speaker 1: Tell you're thirsty for something, have a drink.
Speaker 2: It was just like this one moment where you went round and you guys were having a drink together, like you brought around the vodka, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Weirdly, you and I are the same in a lot of ways, Like you know, going to school, I was like the fat, pimply, redheaded kid. I look at the people that are around here, and instantly I'm like, I don't really fit in here, and look, I'll be honest, my natural defensive mechanism when I'm uncomfortable is to kind of, you know, go on the offensive and poke fun at things because that's my sense of humor. It's like s cargo, Dal, I'm a really acquiet taste.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't work out who it was coming from. But you know, but I will.
Speaker 2: I will take your advice and I will get a drink and not push you into a narrative that never happened.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, definitely nothing in there, Dale.
Speaker 3: Do you think that we're going to get a series two? What do you know? What can you tell us?
Speaker 1: Oh? Will let me just pull up the contracts that I've gotten the filing cabinet. No, look, there's I don't I think with all these kind of shows, you know you're going to see what it does, right, you know, this show blows up. I'm sure there'd be a conversation around it happening again. But that's really like a Netflix thing, and you know, it's a who knows what their measure of success is. And you know, I enjoyed my time on the show and I thought that it was fun, and you know, I'm sure there's there's still stories to tell. Me. The thing with Byron is there's there's always going to be new people in Byron. There's always going to be something else happening. So if they do do a season two, I'm sure they're not going to be stuck for talent or come.
Speaker 3: Back, though, would you come back? Can we confirm that?
Speaker 1: Look, it's too early in the day and I haven't had a drink, so I'm not prepared to answer any of those questions.
Speaker 3: You're going to take that as a yes. So yeah, I'm taking that as a yes.
Speaker 2: I've been around the block so many times for reality TV people, which now you're in the you know, in the mix.
Speaker 1: With am I lumped into that category? Now? Am I guess? I am?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, going on reality TV it doesn't always define you. And I've seen certain cases that you know absolutely that is now not the case. Those people that start in reality television, you know, like the Christy Swans, like you know, people.
Speaker 3: I think would be a little brutal, brutal.
Speaker 2: If they were saying that she was a reality TV start now. But look, I also need to ask, you know, let's getting away from what you think. What about the rest of the cast. Is anyone out there that you've spoken to that it's like, oh my god, why did I do that? I'm not coming back.
Speaker 1: No, no one's, no one's No one's directly said that. I think throughout the you know, throughout the kind of stress and pressure of a reality show, I think everyone sort of questions why they're on it. You know, it's a pressure cooker environment from having cameras in your face. But I think in general everyone had a fun time. Like I can't. I don't think there's anyone that would, you know, there was there was no sort of like hate campaign going on or any sort of nastiness about about the show. Like I think everyone had a fun time. I think for a lot of them it was a new experience being on a reality show. Obviously, like the Eliases and the Nathans who've done these type of shows before. But if you look at the cast, there's so many of them, a lot of them, this was a whole new experience, and you know, I don't know, I think a lot of them would have learned a lot. I certainly learned a lot, but yeah, I don't know some of them look at the experience and go, hey, I want more of that, or you know, you can go you know what did Reality TV? Can tick that box and I can go back to normal life.
Speaker 3: Well, I just what was the show they made? The Shire?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it's the Shire, like I remember the Shire came in. God, it's not that, you know. Like, So for people listening to this podcast who probably thought they'd never tune into something like this, I honestly think give it a go because it is really fun. Maybe it was the wine, maybe it was that I was in front of the fire watching the show, but I just thoroughly enjoyed every single second. Someone on Twitter, yes that they told me that I had no soul because I just am so obsessed with the show. And to those people, I just think they need to not take themselves too seriously. We're here for some good entertainment.
Speaker 1: It's twenty twenty two. The world's nearly ended like four times in the past six months. Like if you can't sit down and watch a bit of reality TV for like six or seven hours, like what can you do? Turn on ABC and watch Death and Gloom. Just turn it on and have a loll because that's what this show is. It's just it's easy to watch and it's just watching a bunch of people that hopefully people can see themselves in one or two characters or no one at all and still find it entertaining. But it's just sit down and you know, have a drink, have a lull, and you know, watch Byron Bays.
Speaker 2: My last question that I ask everyone who joins the podcast is what's something from behind the scenes that we're as an audience didn't get a chance to see from the making of the show. Have you got like a little headline?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so catering, right, Everyone's painful about catering, and I'm painful about catering, right. So at the start, I was like doing some Keto diet and so I was like, oh, can I have like no bread or no sugar? And then they'd change it around, and you know, they would do it, and then I thought, you know what, I'm going to fuck with this. I can I only have no sugar, no rise, and nothing green and sloppy. And it would change again, and I just started making my dietary requirements as ridiculous as possible, and to the point where I would get breakfast and one day it was just a lettice leap with one piece of baby, and that was I think Catering's way of telling me to get the fuck over myself and eat whatever they give me, which I started to do. But that was like a fun a fun time. Like it was. We were in some really weird and fun locations on Byron Bays around the area. And yeah, that's one thing I remember was my dietary requirement. Says said all these things and then nothing green and or sloppy.
Speaker 2: I just love that it turns out from that story that you know you are exactly who you are.
Speaker 1: On the show painful.
Speaker 3: No, you're you're a bit of an asshole with a sense of humor, and I like that. I just I am here for it.
Speaker 1: Say to Jade, I am s Cargo.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know what that is, mate.
Speaker 2: I just want to say thank you, you know, thank you so much for taking the time to have this chat. I think you are as I said on Twitter, you are fantastic on the show. So whatever this experience becomes, I just hope that you really enjoy it because you've brought a lot to the audience that are watching it.
Speaker 1: So thanks, thanks, Ben, really appreciate it. Thank you for your time too.