Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Today the entertainment section, We've got Joe Exotic is becoming the next US president. Yes, you heard me right. How three dollars worth of cheese into the date? Yes, I'm not sure on that one. We will get further into it. And what absurd amount of money did Kyle Sandelin spend on a certain part of his wedding. We're covering that all on the entertainment section. Starting out. All right, everyone, thanks for tuning in to start off podcast. We welcome Bredon Cox.
Speaker 2: Good, Hey, Mace, how's it been.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's been good. Always a positive to get w over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're not here to talk about that. We're here to talk about entertainment. We're here to entertain the people. And I do have a little surprise for you, because you know, we we splashed out. We spent a bit of budget, and I've knocked together a bit of an opener for the water cooler chat.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh oh, we spent a lot of audio by just recording my voice doing a water cool sound.
Speaker 2: That costs a lot of money, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of believe it. Oh, got it? Yes, Hey, we're going up in the world, the podcast world. We're hitting it hard.
Speaker 2: We're not going to make a scent this year because that's all the budget went towards those sound efits.
Speaker 1: Sol themoney we've made because he goes zero sponsors. But now I'm kidding they are. They are jumped in. We're happy for that. Alheart Radio, thank you so much. But we will get straight into it the water cooler chat because as I said off the top, Joe Exotic is going to become the next US president. Brandon, Yes, you've heard me right. The man that is currently in jail is going to somehow raise his hand for presidency. And I think he's got a red hot shot at this.
Speaker 2: I was going to say he's still in jail, right.
Speaker 1: He is. He's doing twenty one years in prison for trying to hire a hitman for Carol Baskins. Carol Baskets, Oh man. The man is obviously known. During the COVID times, we'll just had a bit of time, you know, just to hang out at the house and the Netflix stock went through the roof because we had nothing better to do with our lives, and miraculously, Tiger King reinvented the life of COVID for that moment in time, and Joe Exotic, obviously he was the Tiger King and he became the man we all became obsessed with. And he's in federal prison at the moment for animal abuse and attempted murder disgrace. Former zoo keepers told fans he isn't joking about his presidential bit. He's serious. But I didn't realize this. His actual names Joseph Allen Maldonado passage. Yea, it rolls off the tongue, rolls off the tongue. It's beautiful, beautiful. But yeah, he's in federal prison. But he's put his hand up. He put his hand up. He's gonna be president of the United States. Not Kanye, not Kim Kardashian. I don't know who else is put their hand Maybe Trump. I don't know, maybe Trump. He's putting his hand up too. But I think Joe Exotic number one, number one on the ballot this year.
Speaker 2: You might actually be running from prison with the Trump. I don't know how many. There's hundreds of millions of people in the United States of America. How do you pick about four criminals to run for president every year?
Speaker 1: It's a real sign of the Times, as they said, America it is a grand old place to not be living at the moment.
Speaker 2: There's got to be more people out there. There's like, well, okay, all of America you can only pick from, you know, the decrepit old man with Alzheimer's that you tanned up, old fucking like walking.
Speaker 1: Lether You just oh, just cheeto of a human that.
Speaker 2: Abuses tigers and is currently in prison. Like, come on, there's gotta be some.
Speaker 1: More exotic person out there than Joe exonic. I'm not really Henderson sure, but I did learn this other day. I was a student bit of research on this, and I did learn that Carole Boskins apparently has found Don Lewis. Says Don Lewis her husband who we all thought, you know, miraculously disappeared. And Joe's not make that very clear, very clear that he thought Carol Baskins killed her husband. Well apparently she thinks he's alive and well in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't know. I don't know. They're all freak shows. I was actually just thinking, how is Joe exotic? Like what makes him exotic? He's just like a mullet sporting freak from.
Speaker 1: I think it's the tiger print pants. I think that's what gets him over the line. And the fact that I'm pretty sure he had put his face on a condom for his like running from mayor of Oklahoma. I think at some point the man just had no boundaries, no boundaries as far as what he was willing to do for attention.
Speaker 2: His political career is still bubbling away there.
Speaker 1: You just you never know. This one thing we've learned from America, don't ever doubt their capabilities. They're great for a headline speaking of one American to another one that a lot of people I think is American, but it's actually Canadian. Ryan Reynolds has made some pruston Biden cash models. He's actually sold his phone company meant to tam up one of the biggest phone carrors. They are like the Telstra of America. He's sold his company meant to for an absolute fortune. This man is about to make bank.
Speaker 2: How much we're talking.
Speaker 1: We're talking one point three five billion dollars worth. Decent them out bad, not bad. He's got it a little bit, he keeps some shares, a little bit, gets paid out. But this man's been all over. He's done WREXHAMFC. He's done that whole Disney thing. Awesome. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it. Essentially takes over one of the soccer teams in Europe and just has a good time with it and reinvents them. It's it's insane, awesome, great show. It's like Ted Lasso. But in real life, I.
Speaker 2: Think once you build your profile big enough, you can really just attach your name to anything and it's the stocks are going to go up.
Speaker 1: Just do whatever you want, like we see it all the time, like you mentioned earlier, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we've got what Logan Paul just did his what's his drink prime so like, and that's definitely from what it became the number one sports drink of the UFC, and a UFC sports dietitian came out and said, if you're an athlete for the UFC and you're cutting weight and need hydration, don't drink Cryme Like it's one of the worst drinks you can drink for hydration and like a professional level, it's actually quite dangerous. Like so it just shows that it's more of like a marketing gimmick and all of that just like associated to that. But what they do is they put their name on it, make as much noise as they can to disrupt the market, and then a big company like Coca Cola or whatever, we'll just swoop in and say, look, we'll just give you a billion dollars to go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well billion dollars just to bury this thing. Like yeah, and it happens all the time.
Speaker 2: But I think the biggest issue with it in most cases not saying, like the lovely Ryan Reynolds is doing that.
Speaker 1: He's the great, He's one of the great people of the world. He can't do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong, but I don't think mint Mobile is like its own Telco company. Like it's just it's doing what essentially a lot of companies do here and is using like Telstra yeah, as like the actual service provider, and they just attach themselves to that and portion out how much you need to pay and how much your bills are and stuff like that. So I think that's the problem with this stuff is like these big names will associate with these brands, but the quality of the brand isn't always amazing, and it kind of screws over their fan base, like they're just leveraging and abusing their fan base.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest that Braiden. It's fifteen dollars a month for Mint Mobile. If you're thinking you're getting some good usage at a fifteen dollars a month on a mobile plan, rethink your mobile plan. I don't think you're gonna get anything decent out of that. It's gonna be a basic foot phone with maybe some like one hundred texts like back in the day, and then like five phone calls. That's about it.
Speaker 2: And I think that's probably the difference between him and Logan Paul because there's probably like fifteen to twenty dollars for a bottle of proNT Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh well, they just released in Australia. I'm assuming they're probably doing pretty well. But yep, a big upster. Ryan Reynolds. Hell of a pout he's about to get. And I'm excited because if you put some money towards the WREXAMFC, they might be making the Premier League soon and that would be a heck of a story to see. But we'll move on to the next one. This has a bit of a passionate one for me. School shootings in America, Yes, we've talked about it, plenty of times. It is always a subject here in Australia, and you best believe schools in America are now implementing bulletproof rooms to protect their children against school shooters.
Speaker 2: Just to make your anti school shooting.
Speaker 1: Anti school shooting. I think that's pretty obvious, it's pretty phenomenal. We're getting to this point that we need to make rooms inside of rooms to protect ourselves from school shooters, rather than actually just making harder laws against guns.
Speaker 2: They could have easily have solved this whole thing, as we know, by giving teachers guns and just having them be rambo and just shooting out the joint. So what's the reasoning behind, Like, why did they do this.
Speaker 1: Path Well, they realized there's no way of stopping them because government won't stop them from being able to access guns. So what's the next best thing. Let's try to find a way to protect ourselves from this. So you think about there in the corner of the room, this lady pulls out this handle. The handle becomes a room inside a room that's a bulletproof room. You hide the kids, hide the teachers in there, and then the shooter that comes into the room sees that goes can't be fucked, moves on to the next place, hopefully the next place has one, two, and then it just goes there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, this doesn't seem correct.
Speaker 1: Well, it's wild to me because this week I had some people from the University of Virginia come into the club and had a bit of a chat to him about the career and everything else, and they were NBA students, great, amazing people. And I remember at some point we're walking around, I think got dropped like a binder or something on the floor. It made a big bang, you know, and then kind of turned around. Everyone was like, oh my gosh, oh no, oh no. And I was like, that was a bit weird the way they reacted in that thought. And I was like, oh, that's because when they hear a big bang, the first thing they think of is a gun being shot. And it just kind of hit me. I was like, you know what, the fact that this is subconsciously happening everyone's like mind's in America right now is just crazy to me. And then I come to Australia and people just ask me these questions of why guns are always legal there and everything else. And then I come to the realization. Whenever you have someone from America there, you're like, oh, yeah, this is absurd, absolutely hipster that this is a stress and anxiety on people's brains every single day.
Speaker 2: It's just another thing you also have to learn at school, is like get to the bulletproof room to survive another in class.
Speaker 1: We used to have Doctor Downing talking about the podcast. Doctor Downing said on the podcast or set over the intercom, that essentially meant you had to go hide in the corner of the room, away from the window where the shooter wouldn't be able to see you. And that was a legit thing we practiced as much as a tornado drill was a Doctor Downing shooting in the building.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it's not a problem we have to go through.
Speaker 1: Yes, very fortunate to be in Australia. Our guns are not legal and we have a healthcare system. Big audio upgrades this week. Huge audio upgrades by Braiden is he's pulling his weight hair. But we will go into his next segment, which is one of everyone's favorites. We've got the weird news stories of the week. What do you have for us, Braiden?
Speaker 2: An interesting one off the top and I'm sure we've both been in this situation plenty of times, I don't know, not together. A couple had such wild sex at a hotel that they ended up in court with a large fine. Now I don't know if you could put two and two together there, but a couple has been fined nine hundred dollars each after they had such wild sex. They kept guests at the hotel awake. It's just good honor, off the top, good honor, good lord. But they became so randy. Police were called in the early hours of the morning. They were given a key, so the police let themselves into the room, which is you know, I.
Speaker 1: Had to knowing what's happening, having to walk into that brave.
Speaker 2: But they weren't. They weren't in bed. They were in the bathroom and that's where the noises were coming from. So the police had to kick the door open into the bathroom. Now they didn't really know what was going on because they had a bit to drink. They were a bit and ee reated and they were just cutting sick on each other in there. So the police got them, arrested them charged them. They got eighteen hundred dollars fine in damages, which included the door and four hundred and fifty dollars worth of refunds that they had to give guests because they complained because they couldn't sleep all night because of the wild sex that they we had.
Speaker 1: This isn't in three other rooms? Now, that makes me wonder because there's only two other rooms either side. What's the third room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it was so loud that it affected someone two rooms.
Speaker 1: Away, maybe across the hall, or yeah, two rooms, that's mate. I've had some issues with this in the in the past. Right, what do you mean she's not in that sense? You're thinking right away?
Speaker 2: This was you?
Speaker 1: What not?
Speaker 2: It's not me?
Speaker 1: No, this wasn't us, This wasn't us together. I've been to hotels whenever we got travel as a team, right, And for some reason, I guess people think, like a hotel, it's a place to have love making. Right. It's away from home, away from the kids, away from the family, just you two and someone's cleaning up the mess once you're done.
Speaker 2: And that's that's.
Speaker 1: What I feel like people might think. Right. And I've been in like travel situations where we're traveling for a game. I'm trying to get some sleep. It's like nine o'clock in the afternoon. Whoever is the next one neighbor decides to come back, they've had a few drinks and just say for the next little bit, I didn't sleep a wink. That has happened multiple times. I'm sure this has happened to other people that have stayed at hotel. Surely you've heard other people doing the deed next door.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, So you got to stay away for like one or two minutes.
Speaker 1: I did have one. I'll tell you this story. Actually this is random, but I did have one police encounter in college. Very brief story, but I did. We have a few drinks on Saturday night Row. It's maybe like ten pm. You know, we're all just hanging out a few couches. Everyone's just telling and hanging chilling and yeah, a little bit illin and we had a bit of like a fraternity house style situation. Right. It was pretty open door. Anyone walked in, he was like, hey, what's up, man, going in have a beer or whatever. No one cared. And at this point we're all sitting there chilling, about to go out for the night, and the door just gets like you just slammed open. Just like, well, bamn, and you're like, what in the world. And you just see this guy just like dart through the hall that goes straight through the house and then straight out the back door, and I'm like, what that was interesting?
Speaker 2: Got to get to class?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ten pm on a Saturday night. I was like, that's very odd. And then about five seconds later, you just see like three cops, full gear headed, toe spritten after this dude, out of shape, struggling, breathing hard, no acknowledgment whatsoever, straight through the house, chasing the guy, and we all just kind of sat there after, just looking at each other. Was there a police chase through our front living room a second ago? I think there was? And then never again were we told by anyone, and the police never showed back up, said anything, nothing, just was acknowledged that was a normal thing in college.
Speaker 2: You could have been on cops.
Speaker 1: I might have been on a body camp somewhere. I'm not even really sure.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not something that happens every day. But the next news story that I have is a good one because it really got under my skin a little bit, and I think it's the tone that it was delivered. Now, sometimes people upload stuff to TikTok thinking they're in the right and it turns out that they're not. So this woman got blasted for ditching her date after he didn't order extra cheese on his burger. On a burger, okay, on a burger. Continue, So they met up. They went on the date. She said, it went well, like he's a good dude, it seemed nice. They went to a restaurant to have dinner and he ordered a burger. So it's all good up until this point. And then this is where things change.
Speaker 4: Do you want some cheese on your burger? And he asked, is this going to be extra? And she says yes, he's three dollars extra, and he said, okay, then never mind. I'm like, what the actual fuck? And he's like, oh my god, you have to be extra for everything these days. And I'm like, yeah, it's New York City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's New York City city. Okay, So he is a bit cheap, So like, you either want cheese or you don't.
Speaker 1: Three dollars USD that might be like six aud bye bye, just thrown out there.
Speaker 2: And what burger doesn't just have cheese on it? It could be a principal play Like you could be like, hey, I do want cheese, and I don't care how much it costs, the principle of the burger doesn't come with cheese. I would have almost walked out at that point and been like, I know, what do I have to pay extra for the bun and the lettuce and the tomato.
Speaker 1: But if you want a cheese, you just say I want a cheeseburger, don't you.
Speaker 2: I just assume that what burger doesn't have cheese on it? It annoyed the shit out of me to that point, but she's judging him already, so he's sweating.
Speaker 1: I compare this to like avocado. At the moment, avocado might be like five dollars extra, and I go five dollars for that little taste of avocado. Probably not worth it, And I will do what he did and say, I'm okay, thank you, move on.
Speaker 2: Cheap break. If you want avocado, get avocado. But I think avocado is an extra. Avocado is a traditional extra, yeah okay, whereas like, yeah, so there are extras. I think hellapinios, that's an extra. Lettuce not an extra, Yeah, okay, you expect lettuce anyway, we're getting far off the topic here. So he's a bit cheap, but does that justify what she does next?
Speaker 4: I got up and I was like, I'm going to the restroom for a second. I took my purse and then went to the waitress and I was like, hey, I just want to pay the bill. And I just pays the bill and walks out of the restaurant. So I texted him the check is taken care of. We should have gone in the cheese, and I blocked him.
Speaker 1: What so she paid for the bill? Know that guy would have been going, well, cool, free dinner. Girl's terrible anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's so much to it, so it's she just lied anyway. It was like got her person said I'm going to the bathroom, went up, paid the bill, and just left, like just left him there. Sent him a text said you should have got the cheese, which you can't. It's yea anyway, and then she blocked it and the way that she says, and then I.
Speaker 1: Blocked him, pretentious lot of check that paid for it with dad's black eye Max. Yep, I got it.
Speaker 2: I can get it from both sides that It's like there's got to be a line where someone's so cheap that you're like, hmm, this isn't going to work on a head if if they're like every everything's gonna come down to money when we go like on a holiday or if we do anything, or like if you're well off and they're not, and it's like this weird like dynamic of like dynamic, especially if the guy wants to pay but then is like trying to cheap out on everything. He's like, I'll get dinner and then he takes you to like subway or something. But like her tone was like annoying, and the fact that she just got up and just said, oh, I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back, ditchim and send the message and all that stuff. There's so many better ways to handle this, Like for starters, you'd be like, you just go through the whole thing and then leave and then send them a message going like I don't think we're right for each other. This is that's it.
Speaker 1: Then you document the whole thing on TikTok, knowing you get maybe she thought she wasn't going to get roasted, but you best believe you're gonna get absolutely embarrassed whenever it comes to these saying, I just why, just why? I mean, like, there's there's ways to fix this auto cheese broke one two, don't be a prick lady. Just let it go. Don't need to pay for it, don't need to pull the power move. Just let it be. And if he's a terrible person to hang out with, just just tell him this isn't gonna work and go. I don't need to like roast him for his like choice and food. That's just some st I just don't and then put it on TikTok so she can get comments and likes and everything else.
Speaker 2: I've got one for you. It just popped into my head. But like, have you ever been on a date and then during the date, something's happened that you can't unnoticed, Yes, that you're just sitting there going like, oh, it was a good date until that happened, and now you're just like it's like a light switch. It's just like it was going well, and then you're just like, Okay, I can never find this person attractive. Ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really pedantic around like cleanliness and whenever someone just has something in their teeth. But it's gone too far to say anything. Is the worst feeling that's on you. I know it's on me, but sometimes it's like been in there for a while. You're like, you know, it's like a first date, and you're kind of like, oh, I don't want to embarrass her, and you just kind of like, oh, maybe I'll just see through it. Maybe I'll pop out, maybe it'll pop out, you know, we'll move all this thing. And it's like you get it like thirty seconds after and you're like, oh, it's too far. We've gone too far.
Speaker 2: And then when she goes up to get like a drink at the bar or something, the bartender's like, you got some shit in your teath?
Speaker 3: Oh, and then you're left out to dry and you're like, well, that's awesome, great start.
Speaker 2: I've had one. I went on a date and it was going really well, and then this girl brought up the fact that she lived with her parents and I had no reaction. I didn't care, and it turned into a massive issue for her. She was like, oh, what, like, is it a big problem that I lived with my parents? And I was like, oh, not at all. And then she was like, fully off me. We I just bought two new drinks and she like pushed it away from her and just sat there and like shut down everything I said. I was like, oh, well, I guess this isn't working. So I like finished up my drink because I was not going to drink my drink. Yeah, paid for it, and then I left. I was like, this what it's like. Don't project your problems onto me.
Speaker 1: So I lived your family inflations, hitting hard Braden.
Speaker 2: I would have rich all right.
Speaker 1: From that, will change into the dating segment and there's not much going on here, and thank god because we've given a lot to these dating segments. And if you want to listen to some of the embarrassing stories, go check out the other entertainment ones. There are plenty plenty in there. But I've got something I want to bring up now. Recently in the news, Kyle Sandalans everyone knows Kylin Jackie O great people on the Kiss FM network up North. He's going to spend one hundred and fifty thousand dollars on flowers for his wedding, and then one hundred thousand dollars on catering, and of that one hundred thousand, thirty five thousand dollars on caviar caviar, fish eggs, and then ten thousand to fifteen thousand on napkins.
Speaker 2: This is that's a real breakdown of costs.
Speaker 1: Like I find it how you're spending over a quarter of a million dollars relative and flowers.
Speaker 2: If the rest of the wedding costs like ten million dollars and one hundred and fifty thousand isn't that much.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I could do with two hundred and fifty thousand dollars? Oh my gosh, I would throw the Yeah, throw a great wedding is probably what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: This is the exact opposite problem of the dude with the cheese. Yes, but I reckon. If I went to a wedding and I was like, oh, thank god, I just want to drink some beers and I want to have food, sat down, and they bring me fish eggs, I'd feel like, a can't it just be like a burger? Just give me a book with cheese.
Speaker 1: Kyle's also, don't worry, he's not spending too much because Guy Sebastian doing a favor performing for free.
Speaker 2: If you were Guys Sebastian and you saw the breakdown of costs that he's spending on flowers and caveat. I'd be going back and saying, hey, remember how I said I could do this for free?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah about that and not so much anymore. But the whole spinning of all this makes me think and makes me think to dating in my own life and how much money I've spent on dates. I don't want to know the absurd amount I've probably spent on the dating pool out there, but I want to ask you this, what's the most you've ever spent on actually going out on a date, all expenses included.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about this bit of there's a bit of like, you know, context around it. I reckon. When I was young, I spent I remember spending two hundred bucks on a day, which like was that much money, and it was like a big three partera and like it just went nowhere. It was the biggest like waste of time and money. And then recently ish, I reckon, I spent like four hundred and fifty bucks at like a wine bar, which like didn't even get you much. We got pretty buzz, Like I reckon, we had three bottles of wine.
Speaker 1: Three between two of you. In your buzz. I'd be off my tits.
Speaker 2: I was probably putting that lightly. But and then we went out to another joint and we started with cocktails. Got a little espresso martini, start you off fresh another one. When someone says expresso martini, do you have like a little cringe?
Speaker 1: Oh crnch and just really terrible memories coming back to my.
Speaker 2: Head, just like a real fast martini.
Speaker 1: No, just if you have an express a martini, you're in for a big night. You're not. You're not going out for casual drinks and going expresso martini. I want some. I want some caffeine to get through this next hour or two.
Speaker 2: Are you saying what I'm saying? What's this espresso martini?
Speaker 1: Not a fan?
Speaker 2: Are you saying espresso or expresso espresso? I don't know. I gotta check this. I'm gonna go back and check the tape on that one. See now that doesn't if I have a good time now like that doesn't bother me as much. And I don't think I've ever dated anyone that's it's really a problem like that they're after me for my money, like they can just look at my appearance and know that I don't know. I meant like, look at my appearance and know that I don't have any money.
Speaker 1: Know that you're poor. Help me, I'm poor.
Speaker 2: If you looked at me and went, man, that guy must be wealthy, rich, you are a terrible judge character. I think I can't imagine you've spent much at all fruitly.
Speaker 1: Shit so bad, oh, so bad. I think I've spent the most is about Yeah, about five hundred.
Speaker 2: Of your dates would be like picnics in the park that.
Speaker 5: You could like coffee walk, just buy stuff some calls and just like roll it out or put it when you know you're like you get cheap stuff and then like you get a cake from coals and then you take it out and you put it into like a nice cake tin so it looks like a fancy cake.
Speaker 1: I made this all on my own today.
Speaker 2: You get all the cheap like charcouterie board stuff and then you just like take it out and put it on a nice board.
Speaker 1: I've done that many at times. That's a great idea, by the way, people, if you need to save some cash, No, about five hundred bucks. But that's not including if I was dating someone. Seriously, I've had like we've gone on like trips. Yeah, like first date, it's like five hundred was like four was steep, lovely lady was a lovely lady. Obviously not still together by any means, but yeah, five hundred really expensive dinner.
Speaker 2: Would you want your five hundred back? Now I get a.
Speaker 1: Choice, Yeah, take that five hundred back and put it towards that new sounds for the pot cash money debate of the week.
Speaker 2: It's for you in here. We're still all this week. We're still lingering on this one topic.
Speaker 1: I feel, yeah, we are whereas a few we might not say there's a massive dating seven, but we have lingered through a few dating stories we've got. I've got a question, what point do you stop using your ex girl friends Netflix account? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think you have to be strategic about it, unless you're trying to send some creepy message or something. But yeah, when you watch stuff, it pops up in there like, oh it's so weird. Hey, do you want to keep watching this? Or you started watching this? Do you want to keep watching that? Or like, here's a show for you, Like all that stuff pops up in there. Thing, So you could send them messages through that if you want to get like if you want to play some games or get all like watch like the Best of Karma Sutra, like like like all these weird things and have them pop up. But yeah, I don't know, it's just another one of those things. It's like lingers for you. If you keep like signing into their account, you keep thinking about them, you keep doing that stuff.
Speaker 1: So what's the longest you've ever used in? Next? Girlfriends like account?
Speaker 2: For No, not too long, yeah.
Speaker 1: Four or five years. One for like five years, and it was like I talked to about Google and I'll say, like play x whatever it is on, like you know, on Netflix, and it was just logged in for the longest time, and it wasn't until maybe like a year ago. I think that essentially, all of a sudden it stopped working. I was like, Oh, must have finally changed the family password.
Speaker 2: It's either that or it's even better. So that moment happens and you get a little moment of self reflection and stuff, and you're like, oh, I guess times have changed and we're moving on. But five years otherwise it's like, oh, struggling, are we can't pay the Netflix Bible? I can't say the subscription? Did you bucks in my pocket? Five years, Tom's you know twelve months. You are frugal, very frugal, very frugal. But I got another question for you. At what point do you change the password if it's your account? Depends how the opposite side, right, yeah, do you reking? It depends how it ended, like if you're full spie changing this straight away.
Speaker 1: I would change it right away. I think I'd be like, no, everything she has, like every password she knows of if you had a really good relationship, she knows all your passwords so you can get into your accounts and full trust everything else. Or changing all the passwords right away.
Speaker 2: Or update it and then say, hey, FYI, I just updated the Netflix password if you want to log back in and like make it like obvious, know something like about her it's like real bad.
Speaker 1: And then she looks on there and all the depressing movies and TV series you've been watching. Yeah, just the holiday over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Well the notebook? What the notebook? Notebook? What do you want?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 2: Do you like classic jeez My Burger? All right, we got this one? Am I the asshole?
Speaker 1: Yes? I loved Oh sorry okay, yep, sorry politic.
Speaker 2: I've loved getting into these. Now this one gets me a bit fired up because I every time I fly on a plane and your land and the seat belt light hasn't gone off, and people get up and start getting it. Sit down, We're not going anywhere. The doors aren't open, and the carousel where your bags come out, that's going to take as long as it's going to take anyway. So you just everyone sit there. Plane land, plane, We survived.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this one's in the similar realm, but a little different. Am I the asshole for getting up and lining up next to the exit on the airplane before people in front of me got up? Now hold your hold fire. I just got off a Southwest flight with no seat assignment, so there's just the wild West out there. You just sit where And I was sat towards the very back of the pla and when we landed, people in the very front got up. The people in the middle section didn't get up, so the people in the middle were waiting for the people in the front. This person only had their backpack, so they took the opportunity to walk from the back past the middle people and line up at the very front with the front people. Efficiency Now, something extremely important to note is I got out of my seat after the seat belt sign was off and the bridge was connected to the plane.
Speaker 1: Important detail, super important.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I think you know it starts to get a bit more fair game after that. So this person only had a backpack so didn't have to get stuff out of the overhead locker. They already had it, seat belt sign off, clear runway, walked right.
Speaker 1: Up to the front elite.
Speaker 2: So while they were way to exit the plane, the person sitting in the seat next to where they were lined up said, under their breath, oh, so have the rules changed, have they? Little Snyder reminds.
Speaker 1: Beef beef coming off the plane.
Speaker 2: So he pretended not to hear them say that. Because he did, the old had their headphones.
Speaker 1: In a classic classic move.
Speaker 2: Just turned off, so there's no audio so you can hear everything. But they think that you can't, so they say something pretty low and quiet anyway. Then another person said, why don't you just go to the back and wait like everyone else just still stonewalled them and gave them nothing, which is real. I don't know if I could do that, I'd probably crumble. Well, I wouldn't be a dick. In the first place, but didn't respond, and then another lady said, I need to catch a connecting flight. I need to get out quick. That's it. Doesn't let that lady in front of him.
Speaker 1: He committed to the fact that he couldn't hear people, so he has to he has to ignore the lady that actually needs it.
Speaker 2: So in terms of actual rules that he's broken, none, none. But it comes down to public etiquette and being in a society. So he's wanting to know has he done anything wrong for what he has done? Is he the assale?
Speaker 1: I don't think he is. I think he's all right. I think if you I mean, this is a thing in America that people do. People just get up and they go. They don't care, like etiquette's not a thing there. They're the most important partison in the world and they're gonna get off that plane whenever they get a chance to it and it doesn't matter. And I think it's okay because one didn't have any check in luggage, doesn't need a way with the carousel. He's straight out the door. He's straight gone. Other people that have luggage sit in your seat. You gotta nowhere to go. You're gonna be sitting in the carousel, doesn't matter. Right, he's gone officially going I'm going straight to the front, right, total okay with that. And some other people didn't take fool of advantage of the situation, didn't want to get up in time. Your fault. Two great excuse you ever want to do this, Just say you have a connecting flight. You can go from the back of the plane to the front of a plane five seconds. You don't look like a jerk. Everyone feels like better because they're allowing you to cut the line, and everyone feels like they're, you know, doing this chivalrous thing. Really, you're just a prick that wants to get out of the fucking plane. There's nothing wrong with that. So I don't think he's an asshole. I think he probably could have done it a bit better and just gone with the other person. And the other person came up and said, I've got a connecting flight. Got on him, probably thinking like me, probably didn't have a connecting fly. They're probably going, look this guy, he knows what he's doing. I'm following him, but I know how to get out of this in the right way. Therefore, I'm just gonna say, hey, everyone, I'm late for connecting. Can I go early?
Speaker 2: Where it folds down? If anything is the fact that if everyone had the same mindset, yes, then it's a you know, it's a shambles.
Speaker 1: That's what Southwest is all about. Southwest doesn't have a signed seats. You show up and you have a time to get into the plane and it is literally free rain the.
Speaker 2: Flights hunt right, it's a real load.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a low standard. It's a low, low standard in America. But one thing also I will say about American flights. You will find the most random animals in American flights. Now, there are like peacocks that are like therapy animals. They're pigs, like tiny teacup pigs. All once went on a flight to Los Angeles from Dallas. Holy smokes, I've never seen so many exotic animals. It was like Joe Exotic was actually on the damn plane. They were just anything and everything. Every person had an animal with them and it was some kind of dog that they had to slip forward to say like I need to bring you back, And I was like, you know what, you just don't want to pay one hundred dollars to put it underneath I get it. I'd probably do the same thing, but I don't want a screaming, barking dog next to me while I'm trying to take a three hour flight home after being on a seventeen hour flight.
Speaker 2: Give him an inch.
Speaker 1: They take a mile, that's it. And this guy, he took the mile. This guy took the mile, saw a little bit of clear way, went straight to the front plane. You know what, and respect Nah, he's all right, ladies and gentlemen. That is it for the Entertainment podcast. Thanks so much for tuning in. Don't forget to vote Joe Exotic for President of the United States, but all honestly, tune in next week. We've got to the sporting segment and obviously we've got the entertainment segment. Subscribe to us on all the channels for social media and on Spotify, iHeartRadio, and all the different places you listen to to listen to your podcast. But thanks so much for tuning in, and we will speak to you next week. Saam