Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Why did You Stop Traffic? Craig was doing groundwork for a railway and noticing a kidnea walking down the track. Stop the train. Well, you can't just stop a train because they can't just like tap the brakes go whoa trains? Take a car to stop down they traveling a little bit of speed. Just run a kidnap, Alex, Hi, why did you stop traffic?
Speaker 2: Well, this was actually my father, so he stopped the train and cars because he wanted to pick up a dollar coin from the train track.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but for people like that, they should be allowed to get a little nuts on the trams to come off. Spot that. Hang on a second, there was more.
Speaker 2: He couldn't actually retrieve it, so he went back to the car and got a screwdriver and he was kicking it out and the trams were ringing the well and the cars were cheating.
Speaker 1: So funny. I need that one day I might need to have to get that trolley out of cols.
Speaker 2: You never know when you're going to need a watch.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, yes, yes, Alex, great story, Thank you very much. Good to Judy now, Judy, why did you stop traffic?
Speaker 3: I stopped traffic because I was in labor. I've seen to the hospital to have an appointment to see how the pregnancy was going, and they said to me, look, go for a walk, you're very close. I went for a walk to get a feed for lunch, and I went into label while I was sitting there having lunch. So I was walking back to the hospital and the contractions really ramped up, and I was walking back to every busy intersection and my mom and my husband had their hands out and was stopping traffic because I couldn't move.
Speaker 1: I thought you said they were going to have the hands out, not trying to catch the bacay. That's a lot of light. That's a lot going on the lights.
Speaker 3: I had to stop every like five steps, and my mum was flailing her arms around waving her background people to stop, and women in labor bent over in the middle of a busy intersection.
Speaker 1: This is incredible. So where where did that? Where did you? Where did the baby come? In the end? Did you actually get to hospital?
Speaker 3: Years I did, and he came nine hours later. Because as soon as I got to.
Speaker 1: The hospital, Judy, thank you very much your story, mate, it's very funny.
Speaker 4: So I was driving back to my parents to go and ride my own horse, and I turned down one of the busy intersections and I saw a car trying to herd a loose horse off the road. So I pulled over and said, you probably shouldn't be doing that. I said, let me have a guy, I'll say fucking catch it. I went ultra in my car. I had no ropes or anything, so I took my shirt off, stood in the middle of the road, caught the horse, stopped the traffic so I could get into a driveway, and waiting for the police to come and help me.
Speaker 1: Wow, a story horse whispering shirtless around your shirt around the horse's neck like a lassuit. Yes, I know you're doing some kind of striped tease or something for the horse, like okay, you're coming with me, like we're going to have.
Speaker 5: So Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it quite the same effective me or chat? Did it that? Sorry? Not moving anywhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the traffic definitely stopped for a good ten minutes, so it worked out quite well.
Speaker 1: This is incredible, What an amazing story. What great thinking as well. Bury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I had really nothing else to you, So I needed to get the horse off the road. So the first thing you do is, I suppose I read a story about a lady taking her bra off, but I wasn't that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's levels, isn't it that you go to won't go to everyone's got the line in the sand. And also so the guy thought you could wrangle the horses using your car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was so bad. I didn't actually realize what he was doing until I saw the horse trying jump over his car, and I was like, oh no, even.
Speaker 1: Kind a western movie. It's his cowboys and cars out there the place, And I made that movie Cowboys and Cars stuff next season. Pretty love, very funny story. Thank you very much. The Christian O'Connell show podcast asking you right now, why did you stop the traffic? How are you, Sam?
Speaker 5: I'm really good. I'm just on my way to work and I've just pulled over and sitting in the emergency lane while I talk to you lovely people.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much, Sam. And why do you stop traffic other than in saturny emergency lane right now?
Speaker 5: Well, it wasn't I that stopped the traffic. It was my grandfather. It was about thirty five years ago before I was born, and it's a story that's been passed down through my whole childhood. And my grandfather went to go watch his mighty Colin Wood at the G's to win their football game. Wasn't a grand final, it's just a regular game. And unfortunately he put Flinders Street into a gridlock when he had a heart attack on the tram.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, poor guy, what had they won? And he was shocked or no, he was I'm just so happy.
Speaker 5: It was a wonderful way to well. Unfortunately for all your listeners out there, he did pass away on the tram, but we look at it as such a happy occasion because he got to see the football team win.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know they say tragedy plus time, but this is still quite quite a story about your poor, your poor granddad.
Speaker 5: Well he was well until his seventies.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I mean, that's only two years of Patsy. You know, we can't wish her off, like you're time to go, you've anti time, you're seventy, so go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Patsy off, you go off.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 1: To illustrate that, you know, I just I'm just showing more compassion than in your family member. No, no, no, it's a misunderstanding. The show's age fifty one, No proper age fifty one, thank you very much. Fifty papers. Bring some papers in a ca because it's not an honest fifty one if you ask me. But anyway, let's just go back to poor old grandad on the tram who's just had a heart attack. He died on the tram.
Speaker 5: He did, he did actually die on the trams.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Put Flinders Street into a gridlock when that to get all the ambulance was out. It was right out in front of the station on Flinders Street, so no traffic could move it all until they cleared one everyone off the tram, who administered medical attention, and then three took him away. He was well into his late seventies when he did die. We don't and my grandmother.
Speaker 1: This is toughness for a lot of We have a lot of people that you are turning off right now with this death sentence. You around announced them this might be the last game you go to this weekend whole time. She won't be listening Monday. Death is coming this weekend. According to you, so you didn't speak at the funeral that well you know, boo hooo, but you ask me, yeah, taken up space, put in one extra seat now at the g You know, it's.
Speaker 5: Such a beautiful thing, like it's a story that I always tell because even though it's a sad story, a beautiful death, laugh out of it and it's such a beauty it's a beautiful death.
Speaker 1: Chef's kiss to go out like that, I hope that's why I want to go guys after this these win disco. It was it was his time. It was his time, all right, Sam, amazing story. We can agree with that. It's incredible story.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was so thank you for your time guys today.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Okay, you can move on now from that emergency lane. Sounds well. Christian Connell's Show podcast