Speaker 1: Melbourne, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Showtime at the third stroke, it will be fresh, maximum fresh, still bomber of ten.
Speaker 2: I don't plan to wash for the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melvin's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Wednesday morning.
Speaker 2: The sun's out today.
Speaker 4: How long is the sun.
Speaker 2: Going to be out for today? An hour? Half an hour for.
Speaker 4: The snow and then a plague of locusts. Is it going to be nice all day to day?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Study in twenty five and you know what we did get snow overnight up in the Alps.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, No, I'm serious.
Speaker 6: But it's a month out from Christmas.
Speaker 2: Is going on?
Speaker 4: That's nuts? And what's it like over the next couple of days? Is it gonna be nice going into the weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it will be a fry Friday, a bit of a light shower twenty one and then sort of in the low twenties across the weekend, but nothing like yesterday.
Speaker 4: We have our photo shoot today, We've got some I wish I could muster.
Speaker 2: Up excitement for a photo shoot.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I gave my photo taken the best of times, right, and the thought of having to go into a studio, do any of you guys like doing that?
Speaker 2: Well, we got we got to go in with a good attitude because we though. You don't want to be on a bust up next year, because you're you pass it all over the city with a grumpy look on your face.
Speaker 4: Just maybe that's the look they should go for the athlete because everybody else is pretending to me having a good time. I bust out in the give one and nova good at the morning of the morning you know where it's not pretending to yawn Breakford show. I've never seen that one done before. What do you got next? And over an alarm clock in there or one of you munching on a cereal bard because it's breakfast time. It's not that. The headline is mornings are our thing? Looking one of you only turns up for two hours a day. It was seven till nine. Okay, mornings are not your thing. Mornings are kind of your thing, but they are not your thing. So yeah, we got a photo shoot today. Now when I came in this morning, Pats and I saw you. There was a different kind of pats was it? Well, we normally big energy. You're checking in on everyone.
Speaker 6: You are the kind of mom of the group.
Speaker 4: Mother, hen mother, hand of it. And I just saw you. You didn't seem too good. You've seen a bit off color. It is the stress of the shoot today.
Speaker 5: What'sapp I think it's a combination of that. I am quite stressed, as you know. I don't like having my photo taken, and I was a bit off yesterday.
Speaker 2: A beautiful person the camera will capture. Oh that's it, your essence. And your hair looks great.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you. Yeah, still not sure about the blonde. But you know what, it's not a third world problem? Is it not liking your hair color?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think of all the problems the third world have in Ethiopia right now?
Speaker 2: Are trayer?
Speaker 4: I don't think they go what do you think of my highlights? I'm Can you get the mirror and.
Speaker 2: Just look it back of my head? No, you're quite right.
Speaker 5: I hope my belly gets better. I was to the loup yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 4: We don't need to know that it went again. This is what women do. Just let me know are you. Okay, No, I'm not How can I help? I don't need to know about your backside? And Nord is Melbourne right now. Morning's not our thing.
Speaker 2: Well are you going for a nervous pooh? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, you know what the Love God was off yesterday? He was a bit crooked as well. We might have something, but we'll be right.
Speaker 6: It's a great day. Look at it outside, it's sunny.
Speaker 2: What does the Love God do when he's off? Oh? Around the house is good? Not good?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Extend that three hour morning shower out to four hours, five hours.
Speaker 4: Luxuriate whatever he's up to in there.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a good sign when I drove up after work, coming up to the house, and I saw the Uber guy coming out of our house, and I thought, oh no, this is what he does when he's off color.
Speaker 6: He likes he likes to have a burger.
Speaker 4: I can't get through in time with cheese.
Speaker 5: He had a hankering for a burger and he ordered Uber Eats at eleven am.
Speaker 2: Comfort him.
Speaker 4: But I remember perhaps told me that a couple of weeks ago that you went to Bunnings and he had not one but seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, you know what.
Speaker 4: No wonder when you're trying to luxury in the bar, he's kicking open the door to drop off some of.
Speaker 2: The seven snags.
Speaker 4: He's gonna You're gonna have to ring the council soon to permission before he flushes the moon.
Speaker 5: It's becoming a habit and I'm finding he's been using an excuse every Sunday to go to, you know, build on his Christmas Lights extravaganza.
Speaker 4: He's going to turn into Nickers that giant cow, Mega cow. I can't imagine anyone, but they get through seven snags.
Speaker 9: In one go.
Speaker 2: This the scoutthole raising money. He's probably done it by now. They've hit their targ hot Dog Champ, that's who he is.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold.
Speaker 4: One O four, three one or two Alex Christian sounds out The Love God and Jack's dog Lunar are the perfect match both Eat and everything in sight. You're still going to be streaming today, yep.
Speaker 2: And I think I saw Chris up there walking around.
Speaker 4: That be right, So Pats Tommy a couple of weeks ago that the wearerb we Love God perhaps is amazing.
Speaker 2: Her husband Chris right, who.
Speaker 4: Has a very big appetite for life, doesn't he, you know, whether it's beer bongs and eating my hose make an improvised one or zambouka that he's tearing through. And when the past time he got through seven snags outside of Bunnings, I thought this was mind blowing. Okay, one, maybe two, okay, but seven.
Speaker 2: I will sometimes double up because you do finish one and enough is it?
Speaker 4: And they are they are a smaller sort of sausage than you normally get, but they taste great there.
Speaker 2: But seven with the bread as work? Now? Has he done that all in one go? Sitting outside the sausage thistle tent? Or is he walking around the aisles coming back? Walk around the oars?
Speaker 5: He's had a couple going in but just one slice of bridge. You can't go too hard on the carbs. And then as he's come out.
Speaker 2: Right, so he gets into stack a couple. This guy is a broth.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's anyone listening who could actually reckon they can do seven or more? Do you think Chris could actually put polish off seven in one go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Most likely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you reckon he could hit as a target.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, I'd hate to imagine. Maybe ten Tenny one go, don't challenge him whatever you do, you know.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there are Australians are very competitive, as I've learned since moving here. I wonder if there are people listening to this who go there'd be tradees, recons. They could do seven or more. If that is you, you reckon, you can do seven or more slags in one go.
Speaker 2: Give us a call.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the Wearer be Love God will be up for coming in next week? If we could line up no other people, you know they have those hot dog eating competition. Ko can we find Melbourne's Koi Bashi? It might be the Wearer Be Love God or some other stud that's out there right now?
Speaker 2: Who's gleat? Who's chuckling? All this going?
Speaker 4: I can do fourteen and it's no big deal. If that's you, give us a call right now. How many slacks can you do in one sitting?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 4: Melbourne's answer to the Koi Bashi? I'm the snag Destroyer.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three Patsy's husband Chris aka The Where We Love God. He can get through seven snacks, all right, And I trying to see if we can set up some kind of you know, they have the the hot dog eating competitions where they're all at one long table, aren't they. And there's that guy Koya Bashi that can do what does he hold?
Speaker 2: Is it like a hundred? Had a look at it. He can do one hundred and ten. He holds her old record for a hundred and ten bundless or sixty two with the bun.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous. So how many snacks could you do? If you could do seven or more? Right, that's she qualifying that. Give me a call so we can set up some sort of eating change next week on the show. Nine four one, one oh four three, Amy, Good morning, Good morning, so Amy, you listen to this and you can do seven or more snacks in one go?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I reckon, I definitely give him a run for his money. I reckon, I'd do about ten.
Speaker 2: Ten what just polish them off in one go?
Speaker 11: Yeah, easily, don't need any bread or anything, just just sausage, just ten sausages.
Speaker 4: Right, And if you've done anything like this before any kind of eating challenges or well, I run.
Speaker 11: A blog that's pretty much about eating massive burgers, and I can do about ten. I've done twelve paddies before, so I reckon these paddies sausages pretty similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can do twelve burgers easy sausages, you'll steam through it.
Speaker 4: So this, this blog about eating massive burgers, how does that come into being? How do you end up writing a blog about eating massive burgers?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean I'd always go out with my friends and I'd always eat more than them, and they'd be like, oh my god, Amy, that's that's not normal. And then they got just got bigger and bigger, and I was like, well, I may as well just, you know, start an Instagram account and yeah, you is.
Speaker 2: Your superpower, isn't it? You know not all superheroes were capes. Yeah, Jackly, what's it called Amy, so we can have a look at it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's called Queen of the Cheap Meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Queen of the Cheap Meal? Good name.
Speaker 4: And tell me this right, what's the best place to get a burger in town? Where do you think you're the very best patties and burgers in Melbourne? Oh?
Speaker 11: Dad? Is a very tough question.
Speaker 4: All right, I can tell you what, then give me a top three. Right, I'll give you my email. I just at the end of this because I've been curious to know, because I love a really great burger, and the art of the burger's got better in the last couple of years.
Speaker 11: They like, oh, absolutely, yeah, I've.
Speaker 2: Just seen this.
Speaker 4: Just a quick look on your Instagram page. Jackson has held up his laptop that how do you even get that's a massive burger and this.
Speaker 2: You're holding up a burger that's the essentially the size of your head, and you're not like you're a small person.
Speaker 11: Yeah, why about forty five kilos?
Speaker 2: Yes, give me more.
Speaker 4: The burger looks like fifty k and you're forty five. Jack's dog's about sixty kilos.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the most of eaten it about chew kilos.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, you'll smash way past ten sausages.
Speaker 4: Amy, you're straight through next week. You've got to come in and do this. You'll see them all off. Amy, you'll be the last person standing. My money's on you.
Speaker 7: Amy, We're going to get I am a Werriby local.
Speaker 6: Oh good girl.
Speaker 2: Build them the strong.
Speaker 1: A Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, so we are looking to line up a couple of you after hearing that Chris pats his husband the Werriby love God can polish off seven slacks.
Speaker 2: Well probably more because he did seven just.
Speaker 4: On a Saturday or Sunday, just on a Saturday there while he's wandering.
Speaker 6: Around pops some like tic taxes.
Speaker 4: So it's no big deal, right, So I think under competition standards willokin double figures. Right then, hinter curious Amy we've just spoken to right now, What an interesting girl. She even writes a blog about massive burgers and the blog if you go on there, Queen.
Speaker 2: Queen of the cheat Meal. I just have been flipping through the Queen of the cheat Meal instagram and she does eight huge burgers. She's bigger than her head. She's tiny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, like Kylie Mino if she was into destroying big did she says she did twelve or ten patties in one go.
Speaker 2: Twelve patties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Chris has got competition already. So if you reckon, you can enter the fray and could have at least ten snags. I reckon we're up to now. Then we will set this up next week. Sean, good morning, Chris.
Speaker 7: How you doing, mate?
Speaker 4: I'm good now. I'm curious to know you've heard about Amy all right, and then you've heard about the Wearer we love God. How do you think you could get on against those two?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Mate, I reckon I could do a dozen, because I accurdently ate twelve last night.
Speaker 2: Did you do that? On Tuesday? I came back.
Speaker 7: I came home from training and I thought, oh, there's some sausages in the freezer. You know, i'll cook some up, I'll eat some tonight, I'll have some tomorrow. And I just forgot to stop.
Speaker 4: Does this happen a lot with you, Sean, where you forget to stop with meal prep?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm really bad at meal prep. I'm like, you know, I'm going to be really smart. I'm going to prep the meals, and then I'm like, damn it, the doll going again.
Speaker 4: So and Sean, what training had you done beforehand that it works such a yeah.
Speaker 7: Jiu jitsu. I was doing a lot of I came home real hungry, and I was just you know, my my family always used to call me the garbage disposal you know, because after every meal everyone, we've.
Speaker 2: Got to get you in next week.
Speaker 4: And just like fighters have their names, bring on their garbage disposal.
Speaker 2: The we love God.
Speaker 4: This would be amazing. And Sean, what did you do Brazilian jiu jitsu?
Speaker 7: I do I teach traditional, but I do train Brazilian.
Speaker 2: Di jitsu and give you club a push.
Speaker 4: Where are you so?
Speaker 7: I trained in renegade in Kensington.
Speaker 4: Yep, there's a couple of renegades all around Melbourne. Everyone says they're very good. They're very good clubs.
Speaker 7: They're amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, good, all right, Sere, We'll see you next week. See then see you next week. The garbage disposal units, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: An interesting email from one of our listeners. It was listening to the show yesterday and I hope they mean this in a positive way. And as always, it was a random series of unlinked tangents. Yeah that is that's most shows that they actually Google search. We were talking for some reason about Kirk Douglas. Oh yeah, celebrity the call yesterday. Yeah, well we were one of the five topics yesterday was have you been yelled at by celebrity? And one of the calls Yesterdad. The great story about really getting a spray from Hollywood legend? What the golden gods of Hollywood? Kirk Douglas as in Spartacus, if I remember writing from the story, wasn't it a tennis club?
Speaker 2: Yep? He made a coffee, coffee that was too hot.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He yelled at him and said, you Australians always make you a coffee too hot. Damn it? Make it again. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so someone went and thought, I wonder if he's dead or alive, and they found out, Well, we found out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Are fan amazing? Douglas is still with us. He sounded like one hundred and two. In December nine, he'll be one hundred and three years old.
Speaker 4: Cook, Douglas is still alive. Can you put that in the news at seven?
Speaker 6: I know, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: His son Michael was on I think Jimmy Fallon or one of those shows the other day saying he doesn't want to party this year because he's just sick of birthdays.
Speaker 2: I bet yeah, I mean one hundred and three. I didn't know he was still alive. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: When we were talking about yesterday, and I also had quick look and saw how old he was. That's interesting, right, everyone knows Kirk Douglas, the actor. He brought the rights to the Ken Casey novel Wan Who Flew Over the Cookie's Nest before.
Speaker 2: I made into a film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he read the book, loved it and thought this would make a great stage play or movie. He brought the rights for the book right for all of it, right turned into stage play which he starred, and then he thought this would make a great movie, so he gave it to his son as a birthday present. When you've got to make a movie out of this, And Michael Douglas was the producer who then cast Jack Nicholson because he realized he, I'm a good actor, but Jack Nicholson needs to be in this.
Speaker 2: And my way, Douglas would have been young back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and he could have been in it, but that Jack Nicholson would play that character bulletin And then please tell me you've seen Wonderful of the Cookies.
Speaker 2: I haven't I know about it? Do you know what? It's an amazing movie. Added to that, I'm jealous.
Speaker 4: That is a great movie. The best Jack Nicholson performance. Ever, it's got all the manic energy and then the tenderness at the end.
Speaker 2: It's a heartbreaking movie, but a really powerful movie. The Cookies. Now, I'm going to start downloading it now.
Speaker 4: Now Jack just asked me a question, right, very surprised about don't say what about the wedding ring? As you know about this photo shoot that everyone's on sort of high alert about. He just said to me, Pats casually. Oh, by the way, in a photo shoot, do you wear your wedding ring?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Jack?
Speaker 6: It should be welded to your finger.
Speaker 4: This has never come off in twenty one years because it's a wedding ring.
Speaker 2: It stays on. That's it.
Speaker 4: It will die with me.
Speaker 2: That's it. Okay, But yep, yep, I'm gonna leave money on.
Speaker 4: What look do you want to put out there in your photos without a wedding ring and you're available?
Speaker 5: Taking exactly taking it off means you're a free agent, Jazz.
Speaker 2: I'm now having flashes of the Simpsons episode where Omer joins the band and they tell him, don't say that you your wife and a marriage, because if we want young girls to think you're available, that is not the lookout.
Speaker 4: So you think, right, the way we're going to stay at number one next in the ratings is by you looking available to checks. That is that the plan next year.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one.
Speaker 2: Four point three guys.
Speaker 4: The wedding ring goes on that particular finger on the left hand because it's a vein, it goes all the way to the heart. Nicole, that is a great fact I've heard that. I never knew the significance. Yeah, Jack's trying to take his wedding ring off today photo shoots, try and get a little bit of side action going on.
Speaker 6: Get the lady now?
Speaker 4: Is all show this Armani swag that he got from DFO.
Speaker 2: I just I haven't done many photo shoots for a radio show.
Speaker 4: I mean, why not just loose in the old belt as well? This way is where the show is.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know, not a centerfold check.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know what. There's no stupid questions I thought you were allowed to ask.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely no, no, no, definitely tell you what it's going to be some photo shoot today with you too. So Patsy, your daughter Candy Cane has been banned now from her school.
Speaker 5: Yes, normally of a Christmas time they like to take something for their classmates, and Audrey normally takes a candy cane for everyone and gives them out.
Speaker 6: But they have been banned.
Speaker 2: You like that kid, right, candy cane?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because of allergies or something energy to well, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, energy to candy cake.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just a sugar, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you get an analergy? Tip people got an allergy to sugar?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it shouldn't be, but it's virtually everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what can they take to school?
Speaker 6: Nothing anymore?
Speaker 4: Not even what do you mean nothing?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Seriously, they're allowed to take the school lunch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even that's strict obviously because you kind of nuts and stuff. But no, they're not allowed to you know, or if a kid has a birthday, you can't take a cake or lollibags or anything.
Speaker 6: Now, sure they can do cakes, No, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: No cakes in case it's got any kind of like yeah, eggs, flour.
Speaker 5: Or eggs are bad like for people with eir gellergies. So yeah, it's all cut out now, shocking.
Speaker 2: Isn't it? Because I feel so for the kids that have got these serious.
Speaker 4: Energies, right, yeah, then it's a product of how the crap that we put in food. Anyway, good chat today, guys. So this morning we want to talk about the things that were banned in your school. Again for me, obviously growing up in the eighties, I don't know what it was for you chat. For me, it was yo yo's got banned in my school, along with clackers.
Speaker 2: Do you remember clackers, Patsy.
Speaker 6: That were so noisy?
Speaker 2: They were great?
Speaker 4: They are very very rudimentary basic stone age too. Is it two things that different time for us in the eighties? You know, here you go play with this for a year, clack clack, and then so they got man because we used to use them as a weapon to sort of hit each other with basically. And then my favorite one, what a great special assembly this was to announce that there must be no more nunchucks or ninja throwing.
Speaker 2: I hope that goes without saying, yeah, I mean I've been bringing them.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what amazing kids send them home a Stephen, how as we've been speaking about this before, is this another nunchuck? And I told you no ninja throwing?
Speaker 2: Stars? At school.
Speaker 6: Do you think that's bad?
Speaker 5: Kids at my school could take shotguns for clay target shooting.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was an elective in sport. You could be part of gun.
Speaker 5: Club and you'd go to the bus stop and they'd have you know, they were like gangsters.
Speaker 2: It's too much serious. Those are the bus stop the kids on the buck.
Speaker 5: No, no, they had clay target go to school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, looking a juvie or something.
Speaker 2: Couldn't turn out with the shotgun.
Speaker 5: It was a bush high school and they'd come to the bus stop with their school backpack and the you know, the gun back like a gangster out of the twenty shotgun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you if you can't ban a gun at school? What did get banned?
Speaker 6: Nothing? Nothing. We were tough in the.
Speaker 2: Bush, so you know kitchen.
Speaker 6: No, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Elective gun club.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my brothers used to do it.
Speaker 4: First kids. We don't talk about what goes on gun club ever.
Speaker 6: Run out of the bus stop and that was in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Amazing. Other than shotguns and nane chucks and throwing stars, what was banned at your school?
Speaker 2: Give us a call.
Speaker 4: We're not after the games. The actual specific things she remember had like the assembly suddenly there was a ruling because there'd been some incident or someone got hurt, and that was it.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 4: Oh four seven five three one oh four three. Oh mean, that's the text number nine four one four one oh four three. Thanks Jack, Just give me a hand signals four one o four three Dance, Monkey, dance, read the phone number out. How difficult is this job?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: About the things that were banned from your school? Audi Passy's daughter school just banned candy canes.
Speaker 2: What was banned from your school? Chack? What was it for you?
Speaker 4: You grew up in a different time than nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so lame. But Mark the humble marble was banned at our school. Why I should love playing marbles. I think it was because kids were getting too frantic about it and swapping marbles, stealing marbles and ripping off other kids marbles. So what the school did is say said we're going to have a marble Day. All day will be marble based activities, and then after that day, no more marbles at the school. So it actually was a great way to send it off, and we built Marble runs, which.
Speaker 4: My school had done that when they said no more nunchucks and throw stars like that.
Speaker 2: And obviously we're not just gonna you know, we're not idiots.
Speaker 4: So Friday extra fun. It's all nunchuck all throwing stars. So bring your a game, kids, teachers versus kids. All right, we're doing this in a moment. Please make a note. I must remind you of the original plot. The main plot line in Anchorman, the movie we saw was not the original movie that Will far Or wrote involves monkeys, ninja, throwing stars and nunchucks. Now I remember he told me in an interview once a right, we've got to come back to this, come back about how it should have ended that movie. But anyway, things that are bound from your school. Let's get a Sam good on in.
Speaker 2: Sam.
Speaker 4: Hello, guys, Yeah we're good Sam, thanks for calling the show. Hope you having a good week. And what was banned from your school, Well we call them shagi.
Speaker 12: That's the old term, which is which is a slingshot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're black widows and they're vicious things. Well yeah, but you could fell a playing with them and they were how so, ANDSI out with that son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what terrible thing.
Speaker 12: That's correct, that's correct, Christian.
Speaker 4: Basically a handheld catapult.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to me that these some of these things were permitted at school and they had to get banned.
Speaker 4: What were the eighties should just be subtitled what were they thinking? That's a great one, Sam, Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: All.
Speaker 2: Did he have more in a store about someone losing an eye? Yeah? Did it? Did you speak to ye.
Speaker 4: Say about the high there's a listener right now, and that's not funny. That was me is weren't a patch? Let's go to a net.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, here you go.
Speaker 4: We're good at that. What was banned at your schoolmate, Penny.
Speaker 13: Bankers in mind day, we had a great thing around November Guy Forks Night and the Yeah, lots of crackers and things like that, and there was a few pranks that went wrong.
Speaker 12: So yeah, now I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I know penny Banger is a firework, but what what was it? What did it do?
Speaker 13: It just was a little firework that went bang, but it was one of the biggest ones you could get and went off with a big bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were we had these things that were banned from my school around the same time in November for guy thought yeah, and.
Speaker 2: They were right to go triples.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 6: She's laughing.
Speaker 4: Don't turke this the wrong way, but you'll laugh. Does often sound like you're having a major cardiac arrest.
Speaker 13: I have been at it's.
Speaker 2: Worried about you really trying to pause to let you breathe.
Speaker 13: I'm good laughing, you don't hear it?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much? Cool?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 4: Has happened to today's show? Nine first a shotgunside blame? Nine four one four one O four three? What got banned from your school?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one of four point.
Speaker 4: Three talk about things that were banned from your school? So amazing stories of things that have vanned I think at the moment still the ultimate shotguns used to be a kead of brighams of Patsy's school. Out of the bush, different rules, hashtag straya Jeanette, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, my Christian.
Speaker 10: There's a all ball games for them at my kids school because the maintenance guy didn't have a ladder license to get them off the roof.
Speaker 4: This is incredible, what a great reason and who knew? I know you like admin in this country and bureaucracy. You need a ladder license.
Speaker 10: Well, yes, supposedly he did, and he didn't have one.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 2: Eventually he's gonna need to get up a ladder.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but not onto the roof.
Speaker 2: I see god chah, that's great.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 4: So the reason why all balls were banned no balls at your school because the maintenance man didn't have a ladder license.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 12: Yep, yep he did.
Speaker 13: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's great, Jannette, thank you very much to give us a call.
Speaker 2: You have a great day.
Speaker 10: Okay, thanks guys, thanks.
Speaker 4: A lot, mate, Trash, come on him, Good morning, Trash. What was banned at your schoolmate?
Speaker 14: Was my son's school. They were banned from making oragami love houts?
Speaker 2: Are gamy love huts? Why? Please?
Speaker 4: Don't tell me the worry about paper cuts?
Speaker 8: Know?
Speaker 14: Their words were that they were malicious and threatening.
Speaker 4: Who has been held up on muggs when the person that mugged you or that they had they had an oragami love hearts?
Speaker 2: I guess it does have one pointy end.
Speaker 4: That's astonishing, Trish. That is also a great one to finish with. Thank you very much.
Speaker 12: She call thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: We spent the last half an hour talking about things that were banned from your school. Has came from passes door to Audrey. Candy cane has been banned from her school. Andreas just emailed in Christian A couple of reasons candy cane are banned? What is sugar? The other one is religious reasons? Oh really, chry and hazard A guess, I mean, sometimes don't you just think the world has actually gone crazy?
Speaker 2: But like, but if I'm from another religion, I'm not a matheist, so I'm not from any religion, but if I wouldn't be offended by a candy cane.
Speaker 6: No, it's all about tolerance, isn't it.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And also what grounds?
Speaker 4: Apparently the other reason this is Andrew's words.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The other reason is religious is some believe that the candy cane represents j for Jesus. Never never heard that, I mean, please? And then this is amazing though early on this morning, about an hour ago, we were just talking about snags and how the wearrib We Love God polished off seven in one go, and we're trying to set up a snag eating challenge on the show. Next week we could have Chris Patsy's husband trying to see if he can improve on seven taken on Amy, who's only forty five kilos, who reckons she can easily do ten.
Speaker 2: At least.
Speaker 4: She even runs her own blog about massive burghers.
Speaker 2: Yep, what's the name of it, Queen of the cheap day? That's it?
Speaker 4: Christiansst't your the way? And I listened to Gold all day long, every day, and I was laughing. One of my workmates brackets. Johnson Turner. What a name there, Johnson Turner. It sounds like a TV detector from the eighties. Johnson Turner loves Bunning sausages so much he has a Bunning sausage tattooed on his left foot, as shown in the photo I just showed jat the photo. It is as advertised, a Bunning's snack. It's in the role with Bunning's sort of raptor like you would do with it, which they said mum Or or Juliet or a lover's name or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's incredible, and it is his entire top of his foot. It's great.
Speaker 4: However, he's not up for the eating challenge. He can only do three, but he does love them. Christian, yesterday we listened to show and we were actually driving out of Melbourne all the way to Sydney, and you were talking about car games. We thought we'd take up your idea about the yellow car game that you played with your kids. Yeah, there's a very easy way to understand. You just say that there's the people that can let the person in the car who can yell yellow whenever they see a yellow car. The most number of yellows you get. How to tell you your yellow car game was not the most reliable form of entertainment in a very long drive. We didn't see a single yellow car until we're almost at five hundred k into the trip. But you can imagine the excitement when we did yellow car.
Speaker 2: Diane, thank you very much. Yeah, I played yellow Car on the way home from here yesterday. I didn't say one back to Cobra.
Speaker 4: Rollover double points today then jack car games, Christian, my family and I play the game Horse. Basically, when you see a horse or what you think is a horse. If it's a horse, you get ten points. If it's not, you lose five. Points.
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised how many times it's not a horse. I don't think. I don't think I would be surprised.
Speaker 1: One Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Would you like coming through the post one of our limited edition, very limited edition Christmas show cards. We've we've done a photo shoot and we've got a card with me, Jack and pats On in a Christmas scene. This could be winging its way through the ods post to you.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't say very limited edition. I mean, what is the number for it to be limit edition?
Speaker 4: It's five? I guess is it five to ten? What's the standard definition? If someone let me know of limited edition? Yeah, five hundred is a job lot, isn't it for a Printer's here in Richmond.
Speaker 2: Letters, all letter, a lettered still, if.
Speaker 4: You'd like to send us one the show you received free of charge. Every they might have said, you know, if you'd like to send us a Christmas card, we're going to start putting up in the studio. It is lovely to see the names of some of the people that we are lucky enough to hang out with in the morning. Jack, you've got a little handful that came in a delight as well as no one sends you anything written these days. Everythink the post we get is normally a bill or sparber. A handwritten note takes time and effort. You've got to find a stamp, find a post box.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that. And obviously we can't rate them all, but we do appreciate them all coming in. We can't rate them all on air. We read them all off air. This one from Robin Emma I'll just point out as because it flows to the top, because they're actually printed out and bespoke message to us as part of the card to Christian, Jack, Pat and the whole team at Gold, We hope y'all have a fantastic Christmas and thank you so much for the last you've provided over the last year. PS. Can we please have two tickets to come and see Elf at the Christian Cinema Club next week? Nicely done?
Speaker 4: Yes, you can well do, Robin Emma. Okay, right, and now I've got some international ones. We have people that listen to a show through the iHeart platform, the iHeart app all over the world, some right now and some on the podcast as well. Obviously some of us still sticking with me that I used to talk to back in the old country. So Jack, we can ask you to calculate the distance from where we are Richmond, Melbourne, to whoever our friends are across the world. Christian, my name is Matteus. I'm a student from Rosario, Argentina. I started to listen to you almost four years ago when an English teacher told me to to improve my English.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure I find many example of how to use the English language. Maybe it's more don't do what he does. I've listened to your show's evidence and I followed you from the UK to now Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 2: I actually love that all right, seven and seventy kilometers.
Speaker 4: Santa Fe, Argentina. So how many clicks?
Speaker 2: Eleven thousand and seven to seventy.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant, Mattia, Happy Christmas is on the way. Today we go from Richmond here to another Richmond in Canada. Christian, we enjoy the show. Ended up finding out about it due to Jack post connection from Hamish and Andy.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you Jack, Thank you has and that is from Jeremy Hotwood over there Richmond, Canada.
Speaker 2: Thirteen two hundred and two kilometers.
Speaker 4: All right, it's in the post today. Now we go to the Cayman Islands. My husband and I listen to your show every morning on the way to work the Cayman Islands after relocating from Melbourne six months ago. It's a nice way to catch up with what's going on back home.
Speaker 2: That's lovely.
Speaker 4: This is on gay Cayman Islands.
Speaker 2: How far fifteen thousand, five hundred and sixty nine. Thank you very much. Happy Christmas.
Speaker 4: Gay by the way, they get the Gaye is the name. I'm just making it out, Christian. I popped off a car to you guys last week. Hopefully it makes it all the way from Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 2: That's some Angie. Fifteen one and fourteen.
Speaker 4: Are we lucky to have these listeners all over Melbourne and the world? Sweden we go to now and our good friend there very This is a beautiful Swedish name.
Speaker 2: I don't if you've ever heard of this, Keith.
Speaker 4: Christia loved the show and I think I always will thank you Keith for the genuine sentiment. I hope you always feel that way out Keith. I would always love you too. My Swedish friend.
Speaker 2: No, you think you always off to fish in Sweden? How far away? All right? That should be our furthest Christmas card? So far fifteen thousand, five hundred and ninety six kilometers.
Speaker 4: Well, what about this a Denmark? We're over there in Europe, Christian. I announced I would be leaving from Copenhagen, Denmark, from the UK the same day you and actually were leaving your old radio station. What are the chances?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: I followed you out there to Melbourne. I'm now in Denmark, Jason.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know how I thought Sweden was further away, about sixteen and fifty one kilmoners, all right?
Speaker 4: And then finally we go to Buckinghamshire, Elsbury. That's where the Beckhams live around that way, so part just outside London, just west Christian, who would make my day to get a Christmas card all the way from Australia here to buckingham Shah. I've been listening to you for years, Thank you very much, to Jack pats In yourself. For a couple of months I was driving backwards and forwards to a hospital where my ninety three year old mum was taken ill with pneumonia. She passed away peace for it a couple of weeks ago. But listen to you guys, gave me comfort in a tough time. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: What a lovely message.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to here that, Nicola, and but thank you very much for such a beautiful thing with you your really kind words as well. So yes, how many? How many from us to Nicola?
Speaker 2: Sixteen nine and twenty nine kilometers? Okay, brilliant.
Speaker 4: So if you want one of the one of our cards, and you're listening right here in Melbourne, you can send us on as yours. The address is.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Level two twenty one to thirty one, Goodwood Street, Richmond, three one two one. He does that all Uf Behart. There are no notes and it impresses me every single day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's the article. I wasn't reading a nat of guy. I was looking at my own handiwork on these Christmas cards.
Speaker 4: I'm watching you for the last minute. We've been filming you as well, staring at that card like you were just staring out into space or the Great beyond.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do. And not every card that you receive will have a picture, but now I'm trying to do a bespoke picture. In most of the new cards they look very nice. They's a nice gesture as well.
Speaker 4: All right, So yesterday evening, I'm rushing around. I'm trying to make tea. The kids have got two different sets of homework, and then suddenly my youngest daughter, who's now thirteen, goes, Dad, Dad, please come upstairs. There's something wrong with the TV. So again, you know, when you're a kid and you've got teenage kids, you don't know what you're walking into. You're like a fireman, you don't know what's the other side of the door. I go up there and let little rumpers from, and straight away I can see this awful sight of a cracked and unmistakable cracked wall mounted TV. That TV is only like a couple of months old. We've just moved in there. And then the only words I hear, because everything's just in a haze, I'm just thinking my wife's away this week, she's only been away for twenty four hours. How can that TV be cracked? And she goes, oh, I was doing a handstand and I accidentally put my foot through it, and all I say is handstand. I can't understand. I can't understand why you've been doing a handstand anywhere, go out in the street, anywhere in the house. War wah wall No, not the TV, not the TV.
Speaker 2: But dear her, like you don't know which way you're going to fall in a handstand. And so I kind of be an.
Speaker 4: I'm in a daze, and I can fill my chest that heart attack handstand. And then she goes pranked and she found something on YouTube. She's called up on the TV where it literally it's a I guess it like a screen, say like that sixty five inches with the effect of a cracked TV. I showed you the photo. It looks like a cracked TV.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks like a cracked TV. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And because these kids these days are on all these modern apps and stuff like that, she lives on Snapchat, this other one on TikTok. Now, I know you you love Instagram. I've only got Instagram Instagram since I've got here, and I love it now. But do you know what TikTok is?
Speaker 2: I thought I thought TikTok was to sing into the camera and like top.
Speaker 6: No, gosh, no, I haven't even heard of it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well she then she goes, so she done it as a prank, and she's been she positioned her camera and filmed all this. Okay, great, she filmed it, not just that for TikTok ah. Right, and so anyway, we've got the video. Put it up and all you hear is me going handstand, you know, and then swearing. But she'd actually pranked me. So one of those morning the games used to play to annoy your parents. Because she said she'd been waiting for half an hour.
Speaker 2: I was on the phone.
Speaker 4: I was on the phone to produce a brand. She was just getting please wrap it up.
Speaker 2: And the great thing is, because your wife's away, you can repeat the prank when she comes back home again.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, you should have kept it going because I would have had some sort of.
Speaker 2: Break until you replace the TV. I know I would have.
Speaker 4: Gone over and started to touch it and then started to lose it and cry. She said, I was so worried. I actually thought you were going to collapse that put through a TV. Okay, So I want to know about the games you play to annoy mom and Dad, maybe you did pranks on them nine four one four one oh four three. We have only six seats left at our Christmas movie next week. We were watching with you elf. It's at the Palace Cinema. We're going to be at the como. You get prosecco and cannapees on arrivals, but only six seats left. If you do want to come along, thanks to Palace Cinemas, give the gift of cinema with a Palace gift card this Christmas. Give us a call now, tell us about the pranks and the ways used to annoy mom and dad. The games used to play.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So what were the ways she used to annoy mom and dad? The games she used to play on them? I was cruelly pranks yesterday. My daughter had gone to a lot of effort that sound kind of Darren Brown high tech. A prank didn't when act she was filming my reaction for TikTok as well, it would. It won't even make a great video because I'm just stunned that a kid would think it was a good to do a handstand up against a wall mounted TV. So I'm just more in a daze and all I'm saying is handstand. Those might have been the last words I said before I fail to the ground. Handstand that that head all right? So Danielle, good morning. Let's get Danielle up first. Good morning, Danielle.
Speaker 12: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Danielle. Now one of the TV is not broken. Danielle. What was the games used to play to trick Mom.
Speaker 14: And dad my mom's death for my sister and I used to climb into the roof and there was a hole above the shower. We used to pour cold water on her.
Speaker 2: Your poor mom, Your poor mom is deaf, and this is what you do.
Speaker 14: Yes, it was being renovated, so we could get up there with a buck of the cold water and go over to the shower and pour it on and she used to scream. We used to think it was hilarious, so.
Speaker 2: You would do it more than one time. Of course they didn't kids.
Speaker 4: We were brutal, We won't we We just didn't understand empathy.
Speaker 2: You know. It was very creative. I like that.
Speaker 14: We used to have a game where we used to try and put regimine on the top lip while she was asleep. Because we didn't touch the bed, she didn't know you were there.
Speaker 4: Now that's going too far, your poor mom. Have you apologized to mom?
Speaker 14: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: All right, Danielle, thank you very much for call. Let's go to Jack. Good morning, Hey, good morning. All right.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about the games she's to play on now with your mom and dad.
Speaker 2: What was it for you?
Speaker 10: It was actually Nana. She was staying with us for a couple of weeks after she'd had a hysterectomy or something like that, and being an elderly lady, she wore dentes and would put them in the stratum water every night in the bathroom. And one night I swapped her denties for Dracula teeth. And then that was hilarious, of course, and so then I went into, okay, what can I do next moment? So the next day I took the adventures that night and I put them in the freezer and then he popped them back on the bench frozen solid before she got up the next morning.
Speaker 8: And this this is.
Speaker 2: Yes, And.
Speaker 10: So she comes through into the kitchen. An elderly English lady too comes through into the kitchen the next morning. She always know it was me or gummy? Where you jacquelan body teeth?
Speaker 2: All right, Jack, thank you very much. She cool. Thanks Base, Maddie, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian. So my prank was on Father's Day from my dad at four am. I did the toilet prank climp fom under the toilet seat so he the p went everywhere around the bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's a classic. It's a classic that will run forever. You know, it's been going for decades. We've all done it the old King film one and I guess Dad got up there to go for an early morning little tinkle and then it went all over the floor in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yes, And on Father's Day, which is the hilarious party.
Speaker 4: Dad. What a great way to celebrate all things about Dad with urine all splashbacks all over his bathroom floor. Wicked child, Maddie. All right, Maddie, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 4: Always time for a little catch up with the producer Brad. There are we often talk about our maturely producer Brad. He was just telling us how different time when he went to school obviously the early eighteen hundreds. How beat troops are not making this up. I'm not making this up. Jack, You're back beroots were bare beat troops were banned at his school.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what they had for entertainment.
Speaker 6: There was there a feminine the eighteen hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to ask any questions. I guess it went on the conversation.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're talking about pranks you played on your mom and dad. We've got time for one last school before the news. Adrian, good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you going.
Speaker 4: It's good Adrian. What's your story for us? Said about a prank you played on mom and dad?
Speaker 12: Well, it was actually my old man that played the prank, Going back a long long time. He used to work for Holden, and his old man went out and bought himself a brand new Silver Statesman, all right, And the next night, after he'd at home, my old man thought would be funny to bring home a brand new Blue Statesman. And when his old man went to bed, he swapped the number plate, swapped everything out of the glove box, everything out of.
Speaker 5: The food.
Speaker 12: To the other and then he's parked parked his old man's silver one in the neighbor's house, got his mummy on the joke and everything, and when his old man woke up, and you know, they've all walked out to the garage to go out to the shops and he's opened the gararde store and just stood there looking, going, that's not my car.
Speaker 4: But can't work out what's changed because he'd been so confused.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was the family. He dragged it on for a couple of hours and of course got his mum involved and everything. And I'm sure I bought a silver one and it was blue. He definitely bought a blue one.
Speaker 4: Best one we've heard this morning. Have about tickets? Come and watch Elf with us if you're around next Tuesday night at the Como Palace.
Speaker 12: Yeah, to be honest, you're probably better off someone else because I've worked pretty late.
Speaker 2: It was the sports club I love? Was it last? Was it yesterday? I had this again? Rejected? Yea, he had late night bowls. Yeah, no, it's not sure what she's just working next week forgetting.
Speaker 12: I didn't want to take the tickets and then not.
Speaker 2: Going rejecting the next time, just Adrian celebrate on air, then tell the producers afterwards.
Speaker 12: I would love to be there because I love the show.
Speaker 2: Empty words now to clean out the Adrian.
Speaker 4: It was an outstanding call, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much.
Speaker 12: No worries at all.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stop asking. It's just embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 4: Just to send a jack. I need to get revenge on my thirteen year old or to prank to me yesterday and filmed it that she'd broken the TV by doing a handstand. I need to do a prank on her and I'll make sure I film it.
Speaker 2: I've thought of one the good ones.
Speaker 4: It's gould to be a smart one. She's going to be ready. She's a smart little cookie.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's thinking about maybe saying that dad's been having an affair and the family breaking up, you know, and bring in a couple of young girls and going here are your three new mums?
Speaker 2: Too much? Well, I was going to say tell her that the customs officers rang and that Niche your dog has to go back to London. She was on a year probation and she didn't know the man that's a horrible thing to do. But three new moms is okay, that's funny an him secret center.
Speaker 4: All right, then we studied this Monday over the next two weeks, giving away Missus Hughes twenty thousand dollars worth of prices in my twenty k secret Center, all thanks to Chapel Street Precincts. Big prizes every single day today breakfast and coffee for two of you every month for a year, great price at Tivoli Road Bakery. Also get a brand new sixty five inch okay ultra led smart TV from JV High Fight and Paran So you win both of those. Right now, we're back with Christmas O'Connell. Listen to the clues. What celebrity is getting these presents each day? It's someone famous today, someone very, very famous from the world of entertainment. I can say no more. Listen to the clues. Who is that famous person from the world of entertainment?
Speaker 2: O ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho oh.
Speaker 4: I'll put my back out then, Oh who am I delivering to right now? Let me have a look at their presence. It's a cookbook. It's a called Hell to.
Speaker 8: Poison your friends at work with homemade bakes, a life size Brian Adams love job, Sicko and a brand new banjo.
Speaker 2: Christmast be inbred anyway?
Speaker 8: Who is it.
Speaker 6: Imbread?
Speaker 4: Huh, it's in quiz imbread anything Locked the doors World of Entertainment ish nine four one four one oh four three a showbiz legend of showbiz noughty tell him off for that one. His words, not mine of course nine four one four one oh four three. Who do you think it was today?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Just think about another prank I could play on my thirty year old daughter if I said, hey, listen, because this actually is actually believable. Listen, they're going to be doing some of that Wi fi work in the area. We've got to get the NBN. But it means that for the next four weeks it's gonna be no Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: She'll move that home, She's to go back to England.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's too much, all right, Just give away two thousand dollars worth of prices.
Speaker 2: Nor MN Secrets Center, all right, I ever.
Speaker 4: Did this week? Then two thousand and next week two thousand dollars worth of prizes thanks to Chapels three precincts. You just got to listen to Christmas O'Connell. Listen to the presents. They're the clues. Who is the famous person that will be getting the presents today? It's a legend from showbiz. Listen to the preses.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho.
Speaker 2: We'll put my back out.
Speaker 8: Then, Oh who am I delivering to right now? Let me have a look at their presence? It's a cookbook. It's a called Hell to poison your friends at work with homemade bakes, a life size Brian Adams love dog Sicko and a brand new Banjos must be inbred anyway.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 4: Justin goome Onring Justine Morning, Christian, Hey goy we go Justin say fantasy trying to win the prizes the breakfast and coffee for two every month. And there's another one that getting brand new sixty five inch TV from Jolly.
Speaker 2: High five Bran.
Speaker 7: It's getting better.
Speaker 2: All so who do you think it was? It's a showbiz legend.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Patsy, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Patsy Chill and Poisonous with Anne Zach biscuits and a love dollar.
Speaker 2: Brian Adams.
Speaker 6: I wish I had one of those him red.
Speaker 2: How very dare you?
Speaker 8: This is right?
Speaker 4: Christmas O'Connor, Oh yo, Yes.
Speaker 2: Well done, coolerline one.
Speaker 4: You win two thousand dollars worth of prizes.
Speaker 2: Well done, it was Patrina Joan.
Speaker 4: Well done. Okay, you win the prizes, well done, justin that's all right, well done, have a great Christmas.
Speaker 2: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 4: Brand new one tomorrow morning two one thousand more dollars worth of prizes.
Speaker 1: We won the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Today's that work time waste to them all the sow. We've been giving you tickets to go to Haymate amazing lineup from Patsy this morning. Earlier you and three mates off to see it. Heymaatee a concert for the Aussie farmers. It's on December the fifteenth and morning to Racecourse. You can still get tickets at ticketmaster dot com dot au. You al still get to go on the short list for our Golden ticket. John Farnham, John Stevens, Darl braithwait loads more so today's one. We are doing our weekly historical one. Today we go to a very very rich historical period in history, the Romans. So it's Roman movies. That's today's at work time, Western We're stretching you today, romanmovies. What is your Roman history knowledge? Like Jack has been getting a crash course online, I fear over the last two hours and.
Speaker 2: Are very good.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got a night at the Colosseum, nights at the museum, nights at the Colosseum.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 4: Howard the aqueduct the Romans, I're gonna have to do a lot of history explaining it. So they witty kids on the show aqueduct invented by the Romans. Really yeah, incident, how this could be a long one today, folks, uh mad Maximus, I get that. Yep, Dude, where's my chariots? Dude, where's my chariot? The centurion candidate, the girl with the Julius Caesar tattoo, and dude, where's my carpe?
Speaker 2: DM know about the tatoo?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 2: What have you got them? I have Edward Caesar hands good, not another Byzantine movie, oh nice, Byzantine Sistine candles very good. And the Latin hat the Latin actually.
Speaker 4: Good ones in there. Well done?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: What have you got Roman movies?
Speaker 2: That? So you win?
Speaker 4: You and three mates off to go and see Fancy and Heymate. We're looking for your Roman movie semi yours.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I'm actually very very lucky. We're Jack and Pats with a team that very committed to radio excellence. Hey, Pats, Pats has actually gone. She says, left. Didn't mean say goodbye to either you or eye. I was wondering during the atwork time waster why she was uncharacteristically quiet and as in just mute, And then she's gone. She's gone to the photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess she's still on air. Why's she gone an hour before she off for breakfast or something? She wants to try and close or get a makeup done beforehand? I guess. But what about the breakfast show that still remains? She's the new Sampang Christian o'conral's team.
Speaker 15: Weeks of tickets this week featuring John Farlow, John Stephens, Darryl Braidways, Vanisa Emiracy, John Williamson, The Black Sorrow Glass or Moyer's him weekly and Moore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you went three mates off to hey mate every day this week week nine and ten ways to tickets. That's on the time waste this week. It's a historical one again in this Wednesday. Roman movies.
Speaker 2: These are very very good.
Speaker 4: I know what you did last Centurion gold. That is smart Gerards, Rome, Eo and Julius. That's a Tufa gold for Tufa, crouching Toga, hidden dungeon silver plus Liz of Sumbury.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 4: The last action Nero Nera.
Speaker 2: I just learned about him when I was googling Roman dictators.
Speaker 4: Amazing names they Nero Hercules silver plus Bacchus to the future.
Speaker 2: Don't get it.
Speaker 4: God Bacchus was the god of food and wine, silver, the mighty aqueducts, gold, beauty in the Greek gold Shelley Worlderne Gaul interrupted, Wait with.
Speaker 2: Ryan, did Rome go into the into Greece because beauty and the Greek? I actually think I got to make that bronze.
Speaker 4: No, they were linked through our history. They were warring peoples, all right, them a long way apart.
Speaker 2: Silver.
Speaker 4: Gaul interrupted, Silver, we brought a Zeus.
Speaker 2: That's very clever. No, I got great god uh Carly Rome alone, So it's the simple ones, the funniest current front runner Rome alone.
Speaker 4: This is also very good. Chris in Seabrook, Good Morning, Pompey, It Forward, Oh Clever Gold, When Harry met Spartacus, Gold Weekend at Caligula's Silver Die Hard with a Venice.
Speaker 2: Silver.
Speaker 4: Dude wears my toga bronze. Julius Caesar's day Off, no bronze.
Speaker 2: The Devil.
Speaker 4: The Devil wears sandals.
Speaker 2: Silver.
Speaker 4: And there's something about Medusa. Well done, Roger, that's very smart too. Which ones winning the tickets.
Speaker 2: Gold plus Today, Rome alone down the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: So this week Jack has been watching his dog live streaming her trying to catch on the top of his kitchen surfaces, because that's what she's been doing recently.
Speaker 2: There's actually a video up on our socials on faced an instagram of where you can see Luna walking around on the bench time.
Speaker 4: And it's a big dog just to be casually wandering around like a pig is sort of truffling looking for truffles in the forest and she found some.
Speaker 2: She she's a border Collie. She got up there first time to eat all the birthday cookies that my mum made for me. What a great day for a dog. She since cleaned up a butter dish and eating all the butter from that, and as well as when there wasn't any food up there, she just chewed the end of the sponge. I guess there was frustration. Well, I mean maybe there was bits and pieces of food scraped on there, and she thought this is the best I can get.
Speaker 4: So notice today, right, you've had it for the last two days. You've been watching it via your phone. Ye, nothing today you've given up.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to get it's hard. What I'm trying to do is catch her in the act so I can talk to her and go, hey, learn to get off the bench. Whereas at the moment I've only got the clips that it records.
Speaker 4: One of our listener has been through this and has got some advice for you, Christian. We've got a forty kilo boxer who's got sweet tooth and likes to get up on the table and kitchen top. We knew this was happening because dog draw would be left everywhere we came home.
Speaker 2: He'd eaten.
Speaker 4: In the past, he'd eaten thirty donuts, ten lunch and twenty of those little ones in one go cupcakes. He left the spongebits, just licked nick the icing off, left the cupcake, a full trifle, a full trifle, and a full double bag of tim Tams as well. Wow, I mean, he was having a field day. How do we stopping? And we got in a dog behavioral psychologist who told us to stop trying to catch him out.
Speaker 2: We've got one of those cameras.
Speaker 4: Jack Scott Yep told us to stop that and trying to catch them in the act and punish them because it won't work, and they just desperate and they will do it again.
Speaker 2: He recommended leaving out some.
Speaker 4: Spicy treats, chili favored of the chili on that big old dog tongue, and the heat going in that greedy pie hole stopped him dead in his tracks. He has never been up sick since because he's fearing more spice up.
Speaker 2: Interesting. It worked. I feel terrible for these.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously you's are very very small, dose go easy. You don't do any damage to their Tomu tumers or anything.
Speaker 2: But she has got an iron stomach. She can honestly eat anything, and she's fine. So I think I'll have to put a few chilies in there.
Speaker 4: No, no, don't do chili's a dog. You can have a hard hat, a little bit of chili, a little bit of chili powder.
Speaker 2: All right, just sprinkle that on some of the think would I would? I think she'd actually lap that up and come back for more. Try just please, I'm gonna double the No.
Speaker 4: Just sprinkle some chili powder and see how she gets on. Okay, alrightf go to jalapinos and stuff like that. Jamie, thank you very much. By the way, if you ever want to email the show, but absolutely anything we call them late to the party. Christian at Gold Want of three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three God one o four point three Christian I con on Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: That is it for us.
Speaker 4: We're off to our photoshoot now. Jack's getting ready to take off that wedding ring and check it in a drain. Tomorrow morning. We be down to the last two or three or four tickets to come and join us next Tuesday night, last week of the shows for us. And on Tuesday night we're at the Como Palace thanks to Palace Cinemas, and we're putting on Elf, the greatest Christmas movie there is, and you can be there.
Speaker 2: That's tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 4: Title of today's show is three New Mums, Thank you very much for listening, Huggy's on the Way
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three,